stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wmsfan-GAP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just unboxed my late july build Gotg Pro. Theres no QR reader but there is a big antenna going straight down from that right apron area. I guess thats half of the product for the wifi piece.

Pics

#582 2 years ago

If I have some of my Stern games set up in the garage with the neighbors swinging by to play them and grab a beer, it this a location? I mean I made my house a verified location using Foursquare…

1 month later
#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Certain things could be useful. For example, if Stern sees a key shot or feature only being achieved by 1% of users, maybe they could decide to change a rule or setting so more than 1% of users experience it. Unless it's defeating a wizard mode or something that is designed to be extremely hard to do.

That would imply they’d be on top of code updates, and we know that’s not happening.

1 week later
#1584 2 years ago

It was fun. It was better than I expected. It was definitely all bragging rights especially when you were on the leaderboard at Expo.

Now that I’m home, meh. I have plenty of games here to choose from and the collection changes all the time, so I rarely go out to locations to play. Is it gonna do anything for me at home? Not until there’s more updates and features. All of my newer games Show high scores already, so be it me or somebody else that has a high score on my games, it really doesn’t do much for home use as it stands right now.

but I am looking forward to some of the possibilities now having used it hands-on in its current state.

1 week later
#1679 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I just printed out my QR code and laminated…as I was finishing, the concept of Stern including like an insider membership card with QR code popped in my head. Could be included with the paid tier or a nominal purchase with the free one.

The last thing I’d want is more crap in my wallet. Just screenshot it on your phone, make it a favorite and your done.

1 week later
#1705 2 years ago

I picked up a floor model GZ Pro, got wifi going, auto update and able to play with my insider account. I looked on the Stern insider website to check achievements I already had, I noticed it showed that the last game I played, shows as previous distributors name and location. How do I change this?

#1717 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Mine hasn’t. I think we’ll see code updates posted when stern releases them to distributers as code updates are required.

Bingo. Code updates will have to accompany the games being Insider ready.

In one of the interviews that I came across here on pinside as a pdf, George stated he was hoping to have all the spike2 games insider ready by December. I’m guessing he meant by end of December. Although I’d guess that’s purely speculation on his part due to licensing approvals.

1 week later
#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I bet code is ready. Licensing is not.

This is the real issue for this game.

#1872 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

New error for me. Have had insider up on pro home machine since I received it in October. Today when I scan I get message "This machine is currently offline." However, in the admin menu it shows the status of the machine being connected to Stern Insider Connected, it's able to check for software updates and confirms it is up to date, and it's on the same wifi I'm using on my laptop to send this message.
However, like the quoted messaged, I'm getting "no connection" on the "server loopback." I already power cycled and the problem persists. Any ideas?
UPDATE: Did some work on machine with some more reboots and now it works. I suspect it was a temporary problem with insider connected rather than with my machine (the service seems to go down from time to time).

I do know if you try to scan in right after you power the game on, you will get that ‘machine offline’ message if the game hasn’t yet connected online. For me, as soon as I see the qr splash screen, I’m live/connected.

Did you try to scan in early and the game wasn’t online?

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

What do you guys like about the insider connect? I have it on my GZ and lost interest using it. It seems like more hassle than it’s worth. What am I missing?

Agreed. For home use, it’s really not good for much at this point.

1 week later
#1982 2 years ago

Guardians is not online yet

They can’t do decals on these retro kits as they are not game specific. How do they know what game you are installing it on? The decals are easy to transfer over

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Anyone installed this on IMDN yet? The RJ-45 connector they want you to connect the QR reader to is already occupied connecting Node 8,9. Not sure where else I could connect this.

Please post what you figure out or find out here- I’ve got two kits arriving Thursday, and wanted to install one on IMDN…

#2007 2 years ago

Is there any difference in the retro kits between the pro kit and the prem/LE kit other than the apron? Couldn’t I just use the existing apron I say my LZprem with the pro retro kit and not use the included apron?

If there isn’t a difference, then why are the retro kits the same price if you don’t need the extra apron?

Yes cointaker does have, and is shipping the pro kits. Ordered some last Thursday midday and have them already…

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

The reader is the same. The issue is that the premium retro kit is a triangle shape designed to fit into the right spot on your existing premium apron.
If you buy a pro retro kit, you can remove the reader, but it is a rectangle (just the scanner part), and you would need to make a mount to put it in the triangle spot on your premium apron.

That really answers the question.

I did know about the front door mount and have been considering it as well.

Thank you~

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I ended up running a 6 foot cat-5 cable to an open port near the back of the playfield. Contrary to what people are suggesting, no, there are no terminator plugs in the ports near the trough. This cabinet is quite old from 2018, so perhaps things have changed a bit since then.

For the 2018 build of IM, like us, you may have to buy an additional cat5 cable. Node board you are suggested to use is already in use.

#2022 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

If using the coin door reader I assume you will have to unplug the Cat5 cable when you lift the playfield.

You would prolly not have to if you used a longer than provided cable. Maybe a 5ft?

1 week later
#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Has anyone gotten a kit from Cointaker recently? I ordered one on the 12th when people said they were receiving theirs and haven’t gotten any kind of shipping or stock info since.

I ordered two pro kits from CT on the tenth and had them by the 16th. I do notice that now their site says ‘pre-order’ for the pro kits when they did not at the time of my first order.

1 month later
#2454 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

and now they're gone.....

They still had some- just ordered one.

6 months later
#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Good to know! Gonna have to do this on my BM66, since apparently the retrofit for that will cost a total of $328 ($199 premium kit + $129 BM66 apron). And that’s just if you can find everything available.

You could always do the door mount and not purchase a new apron….

3 weeks later
#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Agreed. Nothing is more aggravating than having to login every time you go the website.

I don’t get why you can’t just stay logged in. It is annoying.

1 year later
#5457 5 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The app remembers you if you click the box at login. You can also enable notifications about new quests and achievements

It didn’t remember that I had the box clicked. This is the exact same as their website as far as timing out goes and logging in…sigh

#5479 5 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My son has ten characters in his user name and oddly his user name won’t come up on the screen when he logs in…just his initials. Any idea why this might be? Are ten letters - though permissible for abuser name - too long to display on the machine screen itself?

Some games are set for three letter high scores, and some are set for the 10 character high scores. It’s whatever the setting is on the game you’re playing. Default is three characters..
I believe it’s under standard adjustments as it’s not game specific.

#5481 5 months ago
Quoted from Smack:

Are you sure? On Deadpool I have it set to 10 characters or whatever the setting is for when I get a high score, but the badge above my score while playing is always just my initials if I scan in. I've never met a Deadpool any different but I'll certainly check those settings.
If I do get a high score while signed though, that will default to my full user name and not my initials.

Then, perhaps there is some variation from game title to game title? If I get a chance, I’ll check out my games today and see.

#5486 5 months ago

It is game to game, different rules on different games. I did a quick check on two games- Jurrasic Park and Iron Maiden. They are both set for 10 character high scores.
JP only showed initials while IM shows both.

When I get a bit more time later today, I will check Deadpool and Godzilla
IMG_0440 (resized).jpegIMG_0440 (resized).jpegIMG_0441 (resized).jpegIMG_0441 (resized).jpeg

#5500 4 months ago
IMG_0472 (resized).jpegIMG_0472 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5604 4 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

Anyone else planning to grab everything for the 12 days of Kaiju?

I’d love to, however I’ve been out of space for a while and my zilla is currently residing in my brothers house.
My nephews tell me I’m their favorite uncle….

1 month later
#5869 71 days ago

The wording on some of their badges in the past has been questionable as well.

#5881 69 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

How do you earn that one?

Play two player game with a combined total of at least 250 million

#5885 69 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:I don’t think all players need to be logged in. I got my badge on a two player game where only I was logged in. And in the days before and after that I didn’t play any multiplayer games where anyone else was logged in.

That is correct, only one player needs to be logged in. You.

#5887 69 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

WTF. I tried that — a 400M game of Foo Fighter didn’t register the badges when only my account was logged in. Maybe it was lag on the IC end…
In any case, as a software developer I’m a little disappointed in the logic used for earning these badges. It’s inconsistent and frankly, it just feels like sloppy coding. It’s a free service so I guess we’re getting what we’re [not] paying for.

All mine were played and badges obtained playing with me logging in first player, and non logged in as second player. Different games, at two locations. All standard games- no competitive mode playing or anything else.

2 weeks later
#5939 54 days ago

I think it’s gonna be international team as the winner. As the balances is not quite even….

#5966 53 days ago

What happens if you play in different states? are you eligible for badges of the respective states rewards?

#5982 51 days ago

Looks like the Florida score from Jaws was adjusted as Florida dropped down to 10th place currently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 79.99
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wmsfan-GAP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=Wmsfan-GAP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.