B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 124.
#1851 2 years ago

Got my GZ prem today and already have it wired up to use the scanner with Iron Maiden. Works perfectly with the 4x1 switch posted above. Really enjoying the achievements more than I thought I would.

Oh and GZ is an amazing game. It may eventually unseat Iron Maiden as Elwin’s best game.

#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Yes NIB arrived today IC installed but makes sense that it doesn’t work because it’s not supported yet. I only have one other pin with active IC and already I hate having to manually enter my initials. Sigh….but thx for the insight.

What is the game code version pre-installed in your Mando?

#1853 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

What is the game code version pre-installed in your Mando?

.98 code came installed

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Yes NIB arrived today IC installed but makes sense that it doesn’t work because it’s not supported yet. I only have one other pin with active IC and already I hate having to manually enter my initials. Sigh….but thx for the insight.

So is this the first known non-Godzilla insider connected table out in the wild outside of expos that Stern has been visiting?

Could you post a picture of the apron? I'm curious to see if they did any custom art for it. The Godzilla apron is beautiful, but the artist went into it knowing IC was going to be a feature of the table.

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So is this the first known non-Godzilla insider connected table out in the wild outside of expos that Stern has been visiting?

Could you post a picture of the apron? I'm curious to see if they did any custom art for it. The Godzilla apron is beautiful, but the artist went into it knowing IC was going to be a feature of the table.

Not quite... There have at least been Jurassics that went out already.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/246#post-6621210

I, too, was disappointed to see the lack of custom art around the scanner.

#1856 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I bet code is ready. Licensing is not.

At expo the Mando games had 'toppers' that said "Stern Insider Coming Soon - Pending Licensor Approval"

Hoping Disney comes through soon? I'm curious what the holdup is?

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

At expo the Mando games had 'toppers' that said "Stern Insider Coming Soon - Pending Licensor Approval"
Hoping Disney comes through soon? I'm curious what the holdup is?

Have to get all the achievement icons approved at a minimum. And I’m sure the process with Disney is a slow one.

#1858 2 years ago

Installed a Pro Insider kit to our Aerosmith Pro earlier and it works fine...except now the machine randomly restarts. Maybe once an hour and it doesn't seem to be tied to any event. It restarted once after a ball drained on one player and it was waiting on the next player to step up.

Any thoughts? Bug in the code? Maybe bump up the power on the power supply a tiny bit? (I saw that in the Aerosmith thread as a fix for restarts)

#1859 2 years ago

Update, I just noticed that while the machine is just sitting there powered on...it is restarting about every minute or so. Every time the "Stern" logo loads onto the screen...restart.

Video that I took showing it restarting:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c3k6qgdxxkkdwg/Video%20Dec%2004%2C%207%2015%2010%20PM.mov?dl=0

#1860 2 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

while the machine is just sitting there powered on...it is restarting about every minute or so. Every time the "Stern" logo loads onto the screen...restart.

Try posting in the tech area. This thread is about Stern Insider Connected.

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Update, I just noticed that while the machine is just sitting there powered on...it is restarting about every minute or so. Every time the "Stern" logo loads onto the screen...restart.
Video that I took showing it restarting:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c3k6qgdxxkkdwg/Video%20Dec%2004%2C%207%2015%2010%20PM.mov?dl=0

Try reporting to stern so they can update code.

#1862 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Try posting in the tech area. This thread is about Stern Insider Connected.

Well, it started this after I updated and installed the Insider kit. So I kinda assumed it was related...

#1863 2 years ago

Is insider down for anyone? I can’t seem to connect.

#1864 2 years ago

Has Stern said how you get the correct art/stickers for a Pro that has been upgraded?

Looks like the apron that will ship is the generic black plastic. So how do I get it to look like my old Aerosmith apron?

#1865 2 years ago

I just ordered an Aerosmith decal set from Marco Specialties. It has the apron decals and I'll have a new set of target stickers if we ever wear the originals out.

#1866 2 years ago

Report from my freshly installed BKSoR IC kit...

The apron light blanks were held in with about 5 pounds of hot glue. No risk of them coming loose but a little work to remove. The included wifi adapter would not be recognized and had to be uninstalled - re installed about 10 times before it was recognized with a couple restarts in between. Worked on the last attempt before I gave up. It wasn't the canakit wifi adapter but another brand with a white cap. My kit did not come with the apron decals it was supposed to (the directions say they're included). It registered to my location as it was supposed to and played fine, but while I was there I noticed at one point it seemed to randomly restart during attract mode. Hopefully this was just a fluke and doesn't happen during any customer games.

#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:I just ordered an Aerosmith decal set from Marco Specialties. It has the apron decals and I'll have a new set of target stickers if we ever wear the originals out.

Contact stern. I did and I’m supposedly getting two sticker kits for mine

#1868 2 years ago

Trying to setup my IC on a JP Premium. I'm getting "No connection" on the "Server loopback" when I test the connection. It's running off a good WiFi signal. The CDN speed test checks out good. When I try to connect it's showing "Unable to connect to Stern Insider Connected". I'm guessing this "Server loopback" may be holding things up? I have a Godzilla Premium sitting next to JP running off the same WiFi and everything with the Insider Connected is working just fine. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

*Update- Fixed the problem- Just cycled the power and the "Server loopback" tested good. I was able to then select "Stern Insider Connected" connection and it prompted me to register my machine. Everything seems to be working good now.

#1869 2 years ago
Quoted from drewthegator:

Trying to setup my IC on a JP Premium. I'm getting "No connection" on the "Server loopback" when I test the connection. It's running off a good WiFi signal. The CDN speed test checks out good. When I try to connect it's showing "Unable to connect to Stern Insider Connected". I'm guessing this "Server loopback" may be holding things up? I have a Godzilla Premium sitting next to JP running off the same WiFi and everything with the Insider Connected is working just fine. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
*Update- Fixed the problem- Just cycled the power and the "Server loopback" tested good. I was able to then select "Stern Insider Connected" connection and it prompted me to register my machine. Everything seems to be working good now.

New error for me. Have had insider up on pro home machine since I received it in October. Today when I scan I get message "This machine is currently offline." However, in the admin menu it shows the status of the machine being connected to Stern Insider Connected, it's able to check for software updates and confirms it is up to date, and it's on the same wifi I'm using on my laptop to send this message.

However, like the quoted messaged, I'm getting "no connection" on the "server loopback." I already power cycled and the problem persists. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Did some work on machine with some more reboots and now it works. I suspect it was a temporary problem with insider connected rather than with my machine (the service seems to go down from time to time).

#1870 2 years ago

The game continued randomly restarting during attract but a full install with a different USB drive seems to have fixed it.

#1871 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Contact stern. I did and I’m supposedly getting two sticker kits for mine

What's the best way to contact them for this?

#1872 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

New error for me. Have had insider up on pro home machine since I received it in October. Today when I scan I get message "This machine is currently offline." However, in the admin menu it shows the status of the machine being connected to Stern Insider Connected, it's able to check for software updates and confirms it is up to date, and it's on the same wifi I'm using on my laptop to send this message.
However, like the quoted messaged, I'm getting "no connection" on the "server loopback." I already power cycled and the problem persists. Any ideas?
UPDATE: Did some work on machine with some more reboots and now it works. I suspect it was a temporary problem with insider connected rather than with my machine (the service seems to go down from time to time).

I do know if you try to scan in right after you power the game on, you will get that ‘machine offline’ message if the game hasn’t yet connected online. For me, as soon as I see the qr splash screen, I’m live/connected.

Did you try to scan in early and the game wasn’t online?

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

What's the best way to contact them for this?

typically through your distributor. customer support is part of thier job.

#1874 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I do know if you try to scan in right after you power the game on, you will get that ‘machine offline’ message if the game hasn’t yet connected online. For me, as soon as I see the qr splash screen, I’m live/connected.
Did you try to scan in early and the game wasn’t online?

Nah, scanned after it had been online for maybe an hour.

Anyway, it eventually resolved itself. Though I don't know why/how.

#1875 2 years ago

Tilt had a ton of insider connected kits at Pincinnati. I assume they were all for operators though.

#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Nah, scanned after it had been online for maybe an hour.
Anyway, it eventually resolved itself. Though I don't know why/how.

Same thing happens to me sometimes. "This machine is currently offline." I just either play without being connected or come back later and try again.

#1877 2 years ago

Hi,
Catching up the train on insider.
Godzilla is currently updating.
That works well, as the jjp scorbit does.
Pros and cons for both ways of dealing with pinball connectivity.

Is there any way to add a cheap insider kit, I guess the whole electronic stuff is cheaper than the 220€ asked by Stern..
Some DIY??

Edit :
OK, so the qr reader seems proprietary with a node board. Moving it to another game enables the connectivity. The wifi dongle can be purchased anywhere.
But what if you start a connected game without the qr reader?
I saw the doc for sharing the reader but my games are not in the same room, so physically difficult to do so..
I would be glad to have connectivity without the qr reader for upcoming functions of audits and sharing..

#1878 2 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
Catching up the train on insider.
Godzilla is currently updating.
That works well, as the jjp scorbit does.
Pros and cons for both ways of dealing with pinball connectivity.
Is there any way to add a cheap insider kit, I guess the whole electronic stuff is cheaper than the 220€ asked by Stern..
Some DIY??
Edit :
OK, so the qr reader seems proprietary with a node board. Moving it to another game enables the connectivity. The wifi dongle can be purchased anywhere.
But what if you start a connected game without the qr reader?
I saw the doc for sharing the reader but my games are not in the same room, so physically difficult to do so..
I would be glad to have connectivity without the qr reader for upcoming functions of audits and sharing..

You can always buy one kit for the QR reader (or remove the one from your GZ) and move it from game to game by plugging an Ethernet Cable on node 4 and mount it externally. (don't forget the micro sd card + Wifi Dongle).

#1879 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tilt had a ton of insider connected kits at Pincinnati. I assume they were all for operators though.

Yeah he set up pick up at the show for some ops. He shipped out my two before the show so Im going to install mine today.

#1880 2 years ago

Got an email from stern today that upgrade kits have started shipping to dealers and distributors. Does anyone know a dealer or disti that has them available to order now?

#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Got an email from stern today that upgrade kits have started shipping to dealers and distributors. Does anyone know a dealer or disti that has them available to order now?

Flipnout , cointaker, Marco, and nitro have them to order on their site. Don't expect it to ship till 2022 though. Operators are the only ones that have access to retrofit kits.

#1882 2 years ago

Stern has posted a new video on Youtube, illustrating how to install the insider connected kit on an existing machine.
See attached link:

#1883 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Stern has posted a new video on Youtube, illustrating how to install the insider connected kit on an existing machine.

...and deadflip is streaming an install live tomorrow (tuesday) at 6PM Central.

#1884 2 years ago

Tried installing one on my route today and keep getting the “no server loopback” left without it working and frustrated. Sure wish stern would start doing phone support again…

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Tried installing one on my route today and keep getting the “no server loopback” left without it working and frustrated. Sure wish stern would start doing phone support again…

Thank you for saying this.

I tried to install two today as well and have been back and forth on emails all day. I installed Godzilla fine but I’m getting the same error.

8D3FCD61-03FB-4AF8-9DCE-3DB467711127 (resized).jpeg8D3FCD61-03FB-4AF8-9DCE-3DB467711127 (resized).jpeg
#1886 2 years ago

Update on Aerosmith restarting during attract mode.

Someone suggested flashing a new class 10 SD card and installing it. No change.

Then I took my USB that had the update code still on it and ran the full update again. After running the second update, I have not seen it restart again. <fingers crossed>

The only thing that bugged me on this update was I had to pull the WiFi adapter out so my USB stick would plug in. I just put the WiFi adapter back in before I restarted it. It came right back up.

#1887 2 years ago

Anybody having an issue with their USB wifi adapter not being recognized?

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody having an issue with their USB wifi adapter not being recognized?

Did the microSD card is detected?

#1889 2 years ago

Got my Elvira working with the micro sd card, canakit wifi usb, and an RJ45 coupler extender. Easier than expected.

The next step is to wire all 4 of my insider-ready machines via a 4 way switcher. Parts should be here soon.

I really like how the pinball machine generates a QR code for your wifi network. It’s a nice convenience, esp with 128 bit encryption passwords.

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Did the microSD card is detected?

Yeah I think so, the app was up and saying something along the lines of "usb wifi adapter not installed ". I had trouble getting it recognized during the installation, then it finally worked After a few reseats / reboots. Today the game isn't being seen as connected even though it's up and running on location. I had somebody there reboot it and still no dice.

#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Got my Elvira working with the micro sd card, canakit wifi usb, and an RJ45 coupler extender. Easier than expected.
The next step is to wire all 4 of my insider-ready machines via a 4 way switcher. Parts should be here soon.
I really like how the pinball machine generates a QR code for your wifi network. It’s a nice convenience, esp with 128 bit encryption passwords.

Welcome to the club!! Yeah sharing the QR reader is super easy to do. Seems that my quick guide that i built in couple minutes is not that bad haha.

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah I think so, the app was up and saying something along the lines of "usb wifi adapter not installed ". I had trouble getting it recognized during the installation, then it finally worked After a few reseats / reboots. Today the game isn't being seen as connected even though it's up and running on location. I had somebody there reboot it and still no dice.

Did you try to reseat the dongle or change the USB port?

#1893 2 years ago

Yeah it seemed to just randomly work one time after many reseats and reboots and port changes

#1894 2 years ago

Would be nice if you could save connect profiles on a machine, sort of a pain to have to scan every time when it’s a home machine and only one person playing it. But enjoying the features!

#1895 2 years ago

What do you guys like about the insider connect? I have it on my GZ and lost interest using it. It seems like more hassle than it’s worth. What am I missing?

#1896 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Would be nice if you could save connect profiles on a machine, sort of a pain to have to scan every time when it’s a home machine and only one person playing it. But enjoying the features!

One setting I found that helps a little is for the insider connected profile timeout after a completed game, which you can set to a max of 300 seconds.

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

What do you guys like about the insider connect? I have it on my GZ and lost interest using it. It seems like more hassle than it’s worth. What am I missing?

Agreed. For home use, it’s really not good for much at this point.

#1898 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Agreed. For home use, it’s really not good for much at this point.

Fun to save a killer score. And encouraging to see “achievements” pop up, but agree not of much value.

#1899 2 years ago

Anyway to share a QR reader between two games across the room from each other without running a cat5 cable across the floor?

(Yes, I know the easiest way would be to put the two machines next to each other but easier said than done)

#1900 2 years ago

Amis anyone still getting the “server loop back: no connection” error” still?
It’s been like that on mine for 2 days and did the reseat, reset and power cycle tasks already… thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.