Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,386 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Lokust
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220116_231140 (resized).jpg
    20220115_121208 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220116_013724310.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220116_013327790 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220115_214413526.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220115_214408286.MP (resized).jpg
    9DBC8001-2125-4799-871A-B3711CFC64D1 (resized).jpeg
    010 (resized).jpg
    009 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg
    008 (resized).jpg
    004 (resized).jpg
    005 (resized).jpg
    006 (resized).jpg
    003 (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 48.
    #1801 51 days ago

Where do you go to register a "pro" account for location games?

#1802 51 days ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Where do you go to register a "pro" account for location games?

https://insider.sternpinball.com/pro

#1803 50 days ago
    Quoted from jurulz:

Here is a quick tutorial i created for sharing your Stern IC QR reader to other compatible Games.

Any particular wiring requirements for the RJ45 connection? Does it matter, or will any straight-through wire order work?

#1804 50 days ago

A straight through cable will work. I have tested with a 15ft long cat5e cable.

#1805 50 days ago
    Quoted from Flipstream:

Any particular wiring requirements for the RJ45 connection? Does it matter, or will any straight-through wire order work?

Yeah Straight through will be my recommendation. Not sure the nod board can handle crossover cable…

#1806 49 days ago

Why would anyone consider a cross over cable? Lol

#1807 49 days ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Why would anyone consider a cross over cable? Lol

I mean, hey lets see what happens

In all honesty you need to be careful, they push power over those cables you dont want that going to the wrong wire.

#1808 49 days ago

Just got a payment request from my distributor but he only has kits for Pro models. Anybody know a distributor with a kit for an LZ Premium in hand?

#1809 49 days ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Just got a payment request from my distributor but he only has kits for Pro models. Anybody know a distributor with a kit for an LZ Premium in hand?

if Stern were smart... the kits would be the same. Just don't use the apron...

#1810 48 days ago

I wonder if at some point it will be possible to order just the QR reader as a "part", the rest I have in all my machines now and could install in coin door

#1811 48 days ago

Can someone tell me why my QR scanner makes no noise. I have been in touch with Stern about this and I'm getting no where.

#1812 48 days ago
    Quoted from Turboman:

Can someone tell me why my QR scanner makes no noise. I have been in touch with Stern about this and I'm getting no where.

A specific answer requires specific input. Without it you get standard answers.
    Is it plugged in?
    Is the power switch turned on?
    Have you rebooted it?
    Are the speakers connected?
    Have you tried turning up the volume?
    Are you scanning a QR code associated with a Stern Insider account?
    Have you done a factory reset?
    Are you running the latest code?

#1813 48 days ago
    Quoted from Turboman:

.........and make sure your machine is registered with Stern as an IC machine

#1814 48 days ago

When I have three people logged in I can't find the way to move player one to the last position, only able to get that player to position one or two. Totally possible I'm just dumb. Also possible this is a bug. Anyone know?

#1815 47 days ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

When I have three people logged in I can't find the way to move player one to the last position, only able to get that player to position one or two. Totally possible I'm just dumb. Also possible this is a bug. Anyone know?

Can you just move the other 2 players to positions 1 & 2?

#1816 47 days ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Can you just move the other 2 players to positions 1 & 2?

I've flipped and flipped both flippers without figuring out how to get each person in the desired position

#1817 46 days ago

anyone seen the kits for sale yet?

#1818 46 days ago

Is there a setting the operators menu to turn the light on and off for the QR reader? Mine was off on my Godzilla but pretty sure I saw it on one time when I was rifling through the settings.

#1819 46 days ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I've flipped and flipped both flippers without figuring out how to get each person in the desired position

Don’t you just re-scan in the order you want?

#1820 46 days ago

My GZ Premium should get delivered today, and I'm planning on sharing the IC Scanner with two other machines (Iron Maiden and Deadpool) using jurulz 's method. I've already run the Cat6 cable and installed the microSD card and network dongle in my Iron Maiden, but it requires the detection of the scanner before it will let you go through network setup.

Question for somebody who has done this - do you need to have the scanner wired to the machine at boot up for IC to work, or is it possible to toggle the scanner on (using the manual network switch) after boot up and have it still enable IC?

Would be much more convenient if that were the case, but I sort of doubt it will be that easy. Rebooting each time might be necessary.

#1821 46 days ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Don’t you just re-scan in the order you want?

Probably. Was hoping could set the order of scanned in people game to game without having to rescan. That would be quicker since don't have to get out phones again and find the qr code. Plus the qr readers can be flaky. Sometimes I have to try more than a half dozen times to get it to register.

#1822 46 days ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You can order...but none shipping for home use yet. I pre-ordered from CoinTaker (US)

https://cointaker.com/products/insider-connected-upgrade-pro-kit-preorder1

https://cointaker.com/products/insider-connected-upgrade-kits-prem-le-preorder

#1823 46 days ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Flip n out has kits for presale but confirmed kits for home use won’t ship till 2022.

#1824 46 days ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

My GZ Premium should get delivered today, and I'm planning on sharing the IC Scanner with two other machines (Iron Maiden and Deadpool) using jurulz 's method. I've already run the Cat6 cable and installed the microSD card and network dongle in my Iron Maiden, but it requires the detection of the scanner before it will let you go through network setup.
    Question for somebody who has done this - do you need to have the scanner wired to the machine at boot up for IC to work, or is it possible to toggle the scanner on (using the manual network switch) after boot up and have it still enable IC?
    Would be much more convenient if that were the case, but I sort of doubt it will be that easy. Rebooting each time might be necessary.

Yes, you can totally activate the scanner after the game has booted and IC will connect automatically.

#1825 46 days ago
    Quoted from jurulz:

Yes, you can totally activate the scanner after the game has booted and IC will connect automatically.

That is so awesome! Thanks again for your detailed guide. I was able to extend IC to 2 machines for about $75 in Amazon parts - a third one would only cost another $30 (Wifi + MicroSD + Cat6 cable). I went with a 4 way manual switch that I'll be mounting on top of the coin box inside my GZ. It will be a simple open the coin door and push a button to switch.

#1826 46 days ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

That is so awesome! Thanks again for your detailed guide. I was able to extend IC to 2 machines for about $75 in Amazon parts - a third one would only cost another $30 (Wifi + MicroSD + Cat6 cable). I went with a 4 way manual switch that I'll be mounting on top of the coin box inside my GZ. It will be a simple open the coin door and push a button to switch.

Awesome!! I'm glad that i'm the only one in hurry to have achievements on his games. haha

What 4 way manual switch you bought? I bought the 2 way since it was the only one available for next day delivery i was in hurry to test my POC. i need 4 way one.

#1827 46 days ago

This might work as a four way selector?
    amazon.com link »

#1828 46 days ago

Any way to get this to work on an Elvira Premium? If so, which kit works? Thanks in advance!

#1829 46 days ago
    Quoted from noysboy:

amazon.com link »

That is the exact one I bought. Haven't tested it yet, but will this evening and will report back on how it works.

#1830 46 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any way to get this to work on an Elvira Premium? If so, which kit works? Thanks in advance!

Do you have a GZ? If yes use my guide

#1831 46 days ago

Is there no social friends tracking on IC? Would be nice to have a friends list and be able to look at their stats. Maybe a friends only leaderboard.

#1832 46 days ago
    Quoted from noysboy:

amazon.com link »

It was not visible in amazon Canada

But they can ship to canada.

I Just buy it directly at aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000096679915.html

#1833 46 days ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Is there no social friends tracking on IC? Would be nice to have a friends list and be able to look at their stats. Maybe a friends only leaderboard.

Yes you can check your friend points but no leaderboard yet....

#1834 46 days ago
    Quoted from jurulz:

My Godzilla , which came with the scanner gives a node board 4 error if I boot it without the scanner selected, but Elvira is fine. So I just leave it on Zilla when I am done, and switching seems ok.

Quoted from noysboy:

amazon.com link »

It does I have it!

#1835 46 days ago
    Quoted from Mando:

t it without the scanner selected, but Elvira is fine. So I just leave it on Zilla when I am done, and switching seems ok.

Quoted from noysboy:

Quoted from Mando:

My Godzilla , which came with the scanner gives a node board 4 error if I boot it without the scanner selected, but Elvira is fine. So I just leave it on Zilla when I am done, and switching seems ok.

It does I have it!

For GZ, it will boot eventually after like 45 secondes if i remember correctly. My assumption is that the QR scanner is part of the requirements in the game code since it's built-in feature.

#1836 46 days ago
    Quoted from jurulz:

For GZ, it will boot eventually after like 45 secondes if i remember correctly. My assumption is that the QR scanner is part of the requirements in the game code since it's built-in feature.

Yeah I think it will I just don't like to see a node board error

#1837 46 days ago

I'd also love a home setting to keep accounts logged in (until manually logged out, maybe by hitting both flippers at the same time)

#1838 46 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

As long as you don’t want the Elvira specific apron either kit will work. This mod was tested on Elvira.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount#post-6633319

#1839 46 days ago
    Quoted from jfh:

As long as you don’t want the Elvira specific apron either kit will work.

Will be interesting to see of any of the retrofit kits come with new art to go around the QR reader that is specific to each game.

#1840 46 days ago

Will stern be able to stop this qr scanner sharing working? I can't imagine they're happy about it and working day and night to stop it working.

#1841 46 days ago
    Quoted from Kevlar:

Will stern be able to stop this qr scanner sharing working? I can't imagine they're happy about it and working day and night to stop it working.

Why should they care really?

The whole point of the effort is to get people using insider connect - not make a fortune selling kits. Additionally, this is a finite market, they are only selling kits to existing games... all games going forward have it built in. So again, it's a pool/opportunity that is a finite size.

If they do things like not make a game boot if the QR reader isn't present once the game is IC registered it would be an easy way to discourage this. I'm sure Stern is probably more worried about the support calls then they are on missing out on IC kit sales.

#1842 46 days ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

If they do things like not make a game boot if the QR reader isn't present once the game is IC registered it would be an easy way to discourage this. I'm sure Stern is probably more worried about the support calls then they are on missing out on IC kit sales.

Just to piggy back on your very correct statement, I couldn’t imagine Stern’s legal counsel would sign off on Stern building in destructive code on products already put into commerce in some cases years prior (and on commercial products with coin doors to boot)…likely too much risk for their legal counsel to sign off on that.

#1843 46 days ago

Can’t sift through all the previous posts so I apologize in advance but how do you connect a NIB machine to insider connected? I just got my Mando and trying to get it connected but not finding the wifi setting anywhere in the menu. I have my Godzilla connected and recall it was pretty straightforward but can’t figure out how/where I set up Mando. Trying to scan my QR code on the reader and nothing happening. Likely cuz it’s not connected to wifi. Thanks in advance for help.

#1844 46 days ago
    Quoted from Jamwin:

Can’t sift through all the previous posts so I apologize in advance but how do you connect a NIB machine to insider connected? I just got my Mando and trying to get it connected but not finding the wifi setting anywhere in the menu. I have my Godzilla connected and recall it was pretty straightforward but can’t figure out how/where I set up Mando. Trying to scan my QR code on the reader and nothing happening. Likely cuz it’s not connected to wifi. Thanks in advance for help.

As far as Mando goes, according to its game code README Insider Connected support's not in the Mando software yet.

The only exception would be is if your Mando is a really-new NIB and it happened to ship with an IC unit pre-installed, in that case it would have newer game code supporting IC that's not on Stern's website yet. If you have the Mando box does it have an Insider Connected sticker somewhere on it?

#1845 46 days ago
    Quoted from Kevlar:

Stern should have made the QR scanners available for home use once the updated codes that support it were available. A poor business decision not to have them available. I know I'm looking for a few to retro fit some of my games.

#1846 45 days ago
    Quoted from SonicZone:

As far as Mando goes, according to its game code README Insider Connected support's not in the Mando software yet.
    The only exception would be is if your Mando is a really-new NIB and it happened to ship with an IC unit pre-installed, in that case it would have newer game code supporting IC that's not on Stern's website yet. If you have the Mando box does it have an Insider Connected sticker somewhere on it?

Yes NIB arrived today IC installed but makes sense that it doesn’t work because it’s not supported yet. I only have one other pin with active IC and already I hate having to manually enter my initials. Sigh….but thx for the insight.

#1847 45 days ago
    Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I made a bracket so that it can be mounted in the coin door

I like that mounting point for home games, good idea. Bookmarked your sale thread for future reference.

#1848 45 days ago
    Quoted from Jamwin:

Yes NIB arrived today IC installed but makes sense that it doesn’t work because it’s not supported yet. I only have one other pin with active IC and already I hate having to manually enter my initials. Sigh….but thx for the insight.

Shouldn't be a long wait for updated Mando code to support it. Stern pushed it out for at least 8 other games during the past week and a half.

#1849 45 days ago
    Quoted from SonicZone:

Shouldn't be a long wait for updated Mando code to support it. Stern pushed it out for at least 8 other games during the past week and a half.

I bet code is ready. Licensing is not.

#1850 45 days ago
    Quoted from gblack:

I bet code is ready. Licensing is not.

This is the real issue for this game.

There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 48.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside