IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #370 Offer to assist Spooky solve order issues from someone with skill. Posted by TechnicalSteam (2 years ago)

Post #743 Spooky podcast interview July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #1315 Math on build dates. Posted by Morinack (2 years ago)

Post #1527 Link to Franchi podcast Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #1868 Still a few CEs available with distributors. Posted by KingPinGames (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm pretty sure it will be sold out by the time I get home from work. Wish they would scrap the XXX number and make a time window to order instead.

Can you explain the XXX number system they're using? Does it mean if you add a game to your cart you're guaranteed a game regardless of time to checkout?

#354 2 years ago

Spooky site never showed CE available but got one through pinballstar blast email...whewww!!!

1 week later
#822 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

How do you know this?

Watch the video he posted, they talk about it at one point.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Remember that CE were not available at first on spooky website. I went through pinball star because i wanted a ce. I guess I'm not the only one. Just my 2 cents to say that Joe's stats are not representative of spooky sales imo.

The same situation happened to me. CE's didn't show up right when Spooky's store opened so I jumped on the blast email from pinballstar. Didn't realize there was a $60 paypal fee but oh well, felt sorry for the people stressing out over the webstore issues and felt like I dodged a bullet afterwards.

1 week later
#1095 2 years ago

Any announcement from deadflip on a stream date yet? Have given up on seeing anything from Spooky Luke.

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Really wondering if they're holding hard to that "all CE before BSE" thing, or if Ultraman BSE will get built immediately following the end of the CE's. That could be a *really* substantial difference in wait time.

It's what they said would happen and is part of the reason many paid the extra 1k for a CE, doubt they are arbitrarily going to start making BSE's before the CE's are done.

#1208 2 years ago

#305 CE via PinballSTAR.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I remember reading in one of these threads that Spooky makes 50 games for their own customers, then 50 for their distributors.
If that is actually the case then wouldn't Pinballstar's first numbers be getting the games soon even though the game #s start around 250?
I'm not expecting anybody to have an accurate answer right now on how exactly it will all shake out though.

Interesting and wasn't thinking of it that way. Maybe I won't be waiting until April of next year for #305 and it will be sooner than that.

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

CE #350 from PinballStar. My order went through at about 9:40am, for context. A pretty satisfying round number so-to-speak, and about perfect position for me. I'm guesstimating at least 6 or 7 months before delivery for numbers in that range.
I'm in the 80's for a Fathom ME, and I'm hoping to space out the final bills on them.

Can you share how you came up with that timeframe guess?

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I won't watch the video (don't care for them) so can you give us a summary?

Calling what Spooky is doing amateur hour just because they had a ball fall through the apron into the cabinet when streaming R&M. Reminds me of that douche that wanted to return his ACNC because the coin door lock arm fell off or wasn't installed at the factory.

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

When is this thread going to blow up with photos and videos of the new Ultraman?

Is the Spooky road crew even there yet?

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Key point is “before”. None of us knows anything really about the rules of the game of how to accomplish any objectives. It would have been nice to see a video, even a shallow one showing how to start a mode, how to light locks and then start a multiball, and a few video clips and light animations. Just a taste, no need to put out a video of Bowen beating the game.

Well we were promised a video from Spooky Luke and it never happened for whatever reason. Now it will be shaky phone footage this weekend and then probably the Deadflip stream on their way back to Benton next week.

#1408 2 years ago

TNT Amusements live stream at Pinfest. Maybe they will make it over to Ultraman.

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

All Spooky games to date require fans if you want to play the game for longer than 15 minutes.

nope

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

From what I saw of HWN, I don't think the sound/animation/and code have been completed and tied together and completed
This maybe be what we are waiting on to see Jack Danger stream

Nobody has video of anyone getting past the first mode of the game so that's a reach to say the code is incomplete. People freaking out over a few five minute amateur videos is laughable but doesn't surprise me in the least.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Quoted from NightMutilator:
Halloween is by far one of the most influential films of my life and all I can say is I am doing every possible thing I can do to live up to the high bar John Carpenter set. I literally have been working day/night to make this shine. Moreover, I know the very high standards pinball enthusiasts have and want to make each and every owner proud to show this amazing machine off to everyone they know.
All I'm saying is I don't think it's all complete and tied together yet.

When you listen to the latest podcasts Spooky has done they state the game is complete up to the wizard mode but the wizard mode still needs work. NightMutilator is talking about shine which means polishing the code that is mostly completed. These videos are people dinking around in the first mode of the game.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! I hadn’t heard this, that is huge news. The game is going to shoo with mostly completed code? Almost under head of in modern pinball. Another feather is Spooky’s cap for sure.

Pretty sure it was the Chris Franchi one where they talked about it.

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! I hadn’t heard this, that is huge news. The game is going to shoo with mostly completed code? Almost under head of in modern pinball. Another feather is Spooky’s cap for sure.

Start listening at 1:32:18 mark of Ep. 27 for code talk.

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/

#1560 2 years ago

It's beating a dead horse at this point but any news on Deadflip stream yet?

#1670 2 years ago

Stream is Saturday evening per Spooky Luke.

#1676 2 years ago

Stream day... whoot whooot!!!

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Ultraman looked fantastic.

Yes, so glad I chose UM because it was down to a coin flip for me on the day they went up for sale.

#1755 2 years ago

Securing a lower number Ultraman CE so if anyone wants #305 through Pinball Star for what I paid shoot me a PM.

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you trolling us?!
WRONG THREAD!

There are Ultraman's at the end of the line up.

1 month later
#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I’ve got an Ultraman on order and am looking forward to getting it sometime next year. My one concern is the sound every time the ball hits the slings at the bottom of the playfield. Is there a way to reduce the frequency of how often that sound is produced. The sound fits in well with the theme but may be too much of a good thing. What do owners think? Does the sound get irritating?

Your mind will just block it out after awhile. I thought my Houdini would be irritating with women giggling every time the slings went off and I didn't even notice it eventually.

#2245 2 years ago

Did anyone tweak their LCD settings before replacing it? Changing to Gamma on, 85 Contrast and 25 Brightness on R&M made a huge difference.

3 weeks later
#2349 2 years ago

Has anyone streamed this since the latest code update?

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

After Charlie and Bug specifically said that he WAS consulting on rules, pretty irritating. Hoping they chime in with some kind of explanation. Lot of spots being listed for sale with this news.

Many justified 2k non refundable deposits partly on the basis of Bowen being involved so I think Spooky may need to revisit the idea of bringing Bowen back even if it's in a limited role.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.