IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 55.
#1301 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Ultraman CE #17 (Project Pinball raffle)

Did you order a Halloween CE as well? I wonder if we are one off on those two... Are we meant to be best friends??

#1302 2 years ago

Still waiting for my # via Nitro. As long as it doesn't ship in the dead of winter I'm fine with whatever.

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Still waiting for my # via Nitro. As long as it doesn't ship in the dead of winter I'm fine with whatever.

Of course, the dead of winter is a good 3-4 months long…

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:Did you order a Halloween CE as well? I wonder if we are one off on those two... Are we meant to be best friends??

Haha yup! #481

#1305 2 years ago

Can anyone let me know the symbols on the round inserts? There is a blue symbol in front of each target and a red symbol under each of the main shots. The blue symbol seems like it might be the same as the wheels to the car on the upper-lower playfield.

#1306 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can anyone let me know the symbols on the round inserts? There is a blue symbol in front of each target and a red symbol under each of the main shots. The blue symbol seems like it might be the same as the wheels to the car on the upper-lower playfield.

I know the main shots all have the Science Patrol emblem. The arrow with star. Not sure about the circles on the targets.

#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Things like this will be shared with gameplay videos. Nobody has the rule sets yet, and the fact that Spooky uses RGB LEDs means those targets can be whatever they want them to be.
If you are asking what they are from an Ultraman perspective andnot game specific, I would guess they represent chakram.

#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I know the main shots all have the Science Patrol emblem. The arrow with star. Not sure about the circles on the targets.

Yeah, that was the one I knew. Based on the rules explanation for Halloween it seems that the targets (blue circle inserts) will somehow connect to the upper-lower playfield. On Halloween those were the escaped patients. I assume it will be similar for Ultraman, but wasn't sure if some of you Kaijo fans might know more about the theming. It does look a lot like the topper.

#1309 2 years ago

So who is going to Allentown and has the best cell phone for taking video?

#1310 2 years ago

The red inserts are the Ultra Beam (Spacium Beam). Not sure what the blue ones are supposed to be but given the shape and some clips I've seen, a chakram would make sense.

#1311 2 years ago

So, seemingly, two different types of attacks. On Halloween they are all blood inserts. I like the idea that they can be used differently in Ultraman.

#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

UMCE #227

#1313 2 years ago

Here in St. Louis, MO I can tell you that alot of us grew up on Ultraman.
It is the first TV memory I have. My older sister was a pretty big fan.
Couple of her friends got me worked up into thinking Kaiju where the real deal.
Big imagination as a kid.

I never expected to see Ultraman as a theme and just seeing the Ultraman
intro brought me back to 1970s TV and much simpler times. Netflix has
the Animated show that is also great.

Looking forward to seeing the Game Play some. Though going to have
to ignore some of the "negative ninnies" out there.

#1314 2 years ago

UMCE #307
Totally stoked
Really nostalgic for me!

#1315 2 years ago

Here is a little math to tickle your speculation.

I am trying to project the beginning build dates for each edition. (First one is easy )
If you take the start date of your edition you should be able to get a ballpark date for your pin.

CE start date
7/26/21

BSE start date
6/11/22

SE start date
8/9/22

Assumptions as follows:
a) Used a 2 : 1 build ratio and 30 games per week.
b) These totals are guess-timates from current data
JCH Totals
CE 1000
BSE 175
SE 75

UKR
CE 375
BSE 75
SE 50
c) Production stops on UKR until all JCH of each edition wraps up in a second phase of 30/wk

Note: If rates increase or decrease from 30/wk results will vary.
Dates may be off a few weeks if it takes longer than a week to build a pin. Completing 30 a week does not mean it only takes a week to build.

I am sharing the spreadsheet i built. Feel free to screw around with it, I have no intention of "maintaining" it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit?usp=sharing

Added over 3 years ago:

Changed build to 25 to 10 per Spooky's comment on 2.5 : 1 ratio. Yes it is wishful thinking.

#1316 2 years ago

With Spookys blessing, we will be selling Ultraman CE#6, which is being made now.

Funds raised will go towards getting a new base for NZ Pinball to run from. It’s a project I’ve been working on for a while.

The Ultraman CE machine will be ready to leave Benton in a few weeks.

Easy deal - just pay Spooky direct and we will sort it out. Either collect it yourself from Spooky, or we can sort out freight around the States at your cost.

If you’re interested in buying it, feel free to PM me offers.

Cheers!
Dave.

#1317 2 years ago

So, is a poor mobile phone video from Pinfest going to be first gameplay we see?!

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, is a poor mobile phone video from Pinfest going to be first gameplay we see?!

Most likely!

#1319 2 years ago

UM BSE #405.

Gives me some time for raising funds and to make more space. R&M still in the box... (sigh) life keeps getting in the way...

Looking forward to seeing some gameplay at some point.

#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

UM BSE #405.
Gives me some time for raising funds and to make more space. R&M still in the box... (sigh) life keeps getting in the way...
Looking forward to seeing some gameplay at some point.

You dont have time to unbox a pin? Busy life for sure. Its fun!

#1321 2 years ago

Someone posted this pic on another thread and I found a print of it on Etsy if anyone wants one. I had to pick one up.

387722E1-B8CD-4138-9583-0BD7C5C6B020 (resized).jpeg387722E1-B8CD-4138-9583-0BD7C5C6B020 (resized).jpeg
#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Someone posted this pic on another thread and I found a print of it on Etsy if anyone wants one. I had to pick one up.
[quoted image]

That was me. Whats the link?

#1324 2 years ago

What’s the over/under on the sellout date of that print on Etsy?

#1325 2 years ago

Does the print have a butter option?

#1326 2 years ago

If UMBSE #374 shows up here, let me know.

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Direct printed Ultraman...

Screenshot_20210729-003222_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210729-003222_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the pointer. I just picked one up.

#1329 2 years ago

The Kaiju Tatto artwork is pretty rad.

#1330 2 years ago

Alright all you math wizards out there.
#164 um
#471 H78
Any chance the stars align for me and either of my games completed for expo Oct 2021. Would be good reason to go to my 1st expo and pick pin up at spooky in person.

Wishful thinking or good possibility ?

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Alright all you math wizards out there.
#164 um
#471 H78
Any chance the stars align for me and either of my games completed for expo Oct 2021. Would be good reason to go to my 1st expo and pick pin up at spooky in person.
Wishful thinking or good possibility ?

They are both in the first phase of builds on each model.
Divide 164 by 10 -> 16.4 weeks
Divide 471 by 20 -> 23.5 weeks
Build began 7/26, and i am guessing add at least 2 weeks from when it hits the line to ship date.

Ultraman around Thanksgiving or early December
Halloween after New Years or late January.

Sorry.

Keep in mind this is fuzzy logic with lots of variables and dependencies and doesn't factor in holidays. (and just an opinion)
Spooky is trying to push their production numbers up so the rate could improve as they ramp up.

#1332 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

probsbly see todd tuckey do a video he does good work

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

What number print did you get??

#1334 2 years ago

Does this mean that the free play area is open today to those that brought a game? Anyone among those that did to do some scouting?

6D45CC01-93DE-4352-9076-78FC3D41EA19 (resized).png6D45CC01-93DE-4352-9076-78FC3D41EA19 (resized).png
#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Does this mean that the free play area is open today to those that brought a game? Anyone among those that did to do some scouting?
[quoted image]

No spooky booth?

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

No spooky booth?

Spooky reps will be in Joe's booth. PinballStar.

#1337 2 years ago

When is this thread going to blow up with photos and videos of the new Ultraman?

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

When is this thread going to blow up with photos and videos of the new Ultraman?

Is the Spooky road crew even there yet?

#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Is the Spooky road crew even there yet?

probably not but one can always hope.

#1340 2 years ago

Tomorrow about noon EST

Quoted from RikeIsland:

#1341 2 years ago

Not that it really matters since it's sold out, but it's an awful idea to bring a game to a show before hosting a professional stream or releasing official gameplay footage.

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

but it's an awful idea to bring a game to a show before hosting a professional stream or releasing official gameplay footage.

People that may never get to see the game in person. Might disagree with you.

With so many games going into private collections. A show might be the only chance some people get to see it or play it.

LTG : )

#1343 2 years ago

Key point is “before”. None of us knows anything really about the rules of the game of how to accomplish any objectives. It would have been nice to see a video, even a shallow one showing how to start a mode, how to light locks and then start a multiball, and a few video clips and light animations. Just a taste, no need to put out a video of Bowen beating the game.

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Key point is “before”. None of us knows anything really about the rules of the game of how to accomplish any objectives. It would have been nice to see a video, even a shallow one showing how to start a mode, how to light locks and then start a multiball, and a few video clips and light animations. Just a taste, no need to put out a video of Bowen beating the game.

Well we were promised a video from Spooky Luke and it never happened for whatever reason. Now it will be shaky phone footage this weekend and then probably the Deadflip stream on their way back to Benton next week.

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Not that it really matters since it's sold out, but it's an awful idea to bring a game to a show before hosting a professional stream or releasing official gameplay footage.

As long as they don't decide to remove a couple mechs from the final production model, they'll be fine!

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

In terms of starting modes, I think we can assume quite a bit. Shoot down the Pigmon drop target bank to light a "Quick Battle" at the right scoop. It seems as those these may be helpful with the other objectives, since Pigmon is a friendly Kaiju. Those other objectives are: Baltan Bash! (right scoops), Bemular Battle! (upper-lower playfield then standup targets), and Jirahs Attacks! (upper-upper playfield). We also know the wizard modes are Zetton and Ultra Brothers. Based on the interviews we know one of them involves locking balls in each of the seven physical ball locks.

#1347 2 years ago

Getting close to a gameplay video I think ! Not my photo

5F684DF4-16BA-49F3-AEE4-C0EF451FD15A (resized).jpeg5F684DF4-16BA-49F3-AEE4-C0EF451FD15A (resized).jpeg
#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Getting close to a gameplay video I think ! Not my photo
[quoted image]

LLLET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUMBLE!!!!

#1349 2 years ago

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0hKMgD6ZFXDf_FD-4OFZTPOuA

New video from Allentown. Awesome game!

#1350 2 years ago

Is there a magnet under Ultramans head? At 0:48 it appears that a ball was stuck to the tip of the right flipper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.