IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 55.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:And this shot of the side art now has me sold on butter for our UMCE... still not sure about it for Halloween .

Bug said that he figured I had ordered a game when he saw my t shirt. He asked if I had ordered a butter cabinet. I told him that I didn’t because all my machines are lined up and you wouldn’t be able to see it.
I told him my girlfriend has been saying there should be a Halloween pin for over 10 years. I always told her that it would NEVER happen and keep on dreaming. He said Spooky’s goal is to build machines like that.
To me that’s really exciting!
We are huge fans of Ultraman and Halloween. I love the two title at the same time release format but this was a tough decision. It looks like tough decisions will probably also have to be made for future releases.

6322C332-8653-4D03-9896-D04F1D73402C (resized).jpeg6322C332-8653-4D03-9896-D04F1D73402C (resized).jpeg
#1502 2 years ago

Any more game footage appear?

#1503 2 years ago

Change the drink when playing, I say!

Guess we get the good machines sent to NZ, lol
Just enjoy and become better frustrated player till you get that good game. New high score after 45 minutes getting my butt kicked on Rick n Morty. Must have been the weak flippers that helped, oh wait, did not have that.

#1504 2 years ago

During some repair work….

C2B172C3-3AA6-4CB1-96C1-4C3731CD72C6 (resized).jpegC2B172C3-3AA6-4CB1-96C1-4C3731CD72C6 (resized).jpeg
#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Go with butter. Much better than margarine. You won’t be disappointed

As long as you can actually taste (see) it.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

During some repair work….[quoted image]

I saw that when I first arrived early Saturday AM to get a chance to play. They had a bad flipper sleeve that needed to be changed out due to Friday’s excessive use. They really wanted to ensure that the game was playing right. Here they are test playing it right after the newly repaired flipper sleeve...

Spooky crew took the time to explain some shots to aim for before I launched a ball. I was able play the game after the repair. It shot fine & was pretty fast / smooth. Because I’m not the greatest player my 1 ball per player ball time was relatively quick. But during that short time the game felt solid.

A8154982-2FED-4B39-9C12-B982172FA22E (resized).jpegA8154982-2FED-4B39-9C12-B982172FA22E (resized).jpeg
#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:I saw that when I first arrived early Saturday AM to get a chance to play. They had a bad flipper sleeve that needed to be changed out due to Friday’s excessive use. They really wanted to ensure that the game was playing right. Here they are test playing it right after the newly repaired flipper sleeve...
Spooky crew took the time to explain some shots to aim for before I launched a ball. I was able play the game after the repair. It shot fine & was pretty fast / smooth. Because I’m not the greatest player my 1 ball per player ball time was relatively quick. But during that short time the game felt solid.
[quoted image]

I spoke to one of the guys about the repair, said the coil stop had a small burr on it which was causing the flipper to hang up? (if I understood that right- or maybe the plunger) and it may have been a factory defect and would be looking into it upon their return home.

#1508 2 years ago

Yup. You can see a new coil sitting at the front. I believe it’s where they took the new sleeve from. Quick repair and just after I had a chance to play it. I can’t wait to play it more.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

That’s a pretty bad ass all-in-one controller board, @benheck.

Is there a write-up thread in the forum that I’m not seeing?

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

All Spooky games to date require fans if you want to play the game for longer than 15 minutes.

Oh dear, I wasn't trying to crap on Spooky. As I mentioned, the game was amazing! Home run! It was just a quick observation with the amount of machines being played and all the power consumption. I like the machine so much I'm going in on one.

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

All Spooky games to date require fans if you want to play the game for longer than 15 minutes.

Weird. I’ve played my TNA & RaM for hours and they’re fine.

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Weird. I’ve played my TNA & RaM for hours and they’re fine.

Same

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Getting some of my Ultraman memorabilia ready to put next to my BSE. Don’t laugh at the lunch box.
[quoted image]

I got the same lunch box!

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Underside of pf looks SO much cleaner than R&M (which is a rats nest of wires).

#1515 2 years ago

After seeing the few cell phone videos of both UM and Halloween. I really love the Up beat speed of the Music on UM over Halloween. The music seemed very slow on Halloween. Couldn't get a good feel for call outs on either though.
Can't wait for official streams with better audio.
Glad we went with UMCE.

#1516 2 years ago

Same game...UM had a better cell phone video. I didn’t pay $9k for a cell phone vid.

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

After seeing the few cell phone videos of both UM and Halloween. I really love the Up beat speed of the Music on UM over Halloween. The music seemed very slow on Halloween. Couldn't get a good feel for call outs on either though.
Can't wait for official streams with better audio.
Glad we went with UMCE.

#1517 2 years ago

From what I saw of HWN, I don't think the sound/animation/and code have been completed and tied together and completed

This maybe be what we are waiting on to see Jack Danger stream

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

From what I saw of HWN, I don't think the sound/animation/and code have been completed and tied together and completed
This maybe be what we are waiting on to see Jack Danger stream

Nobody has video of anyone getting past the first mode of the game so that's a reach to say the code is incomplete. People freaking out over a few five minute amateur videos is laughable but doesn't surprise me in the least.

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Same game...UM had a better cell phone video. I didn’t pay $9k for a cell phone vid.

I don't know what you are trying to say.

This Halloween video has good audio but is just much slower music. Don't think it can change much, it definitely sounds cool and is iconic to the movie but for a pin seems a little slow is all I'm saying for my taste I prefer UM

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Nobody has video of anyone getting past the first mode of the game so that's a reach to say the code is incomplete. People freaking out over a few five minute amateur videos is laughable but doesn't surprise me in the least.

Quoted from NightMutilator:
Halloween is by far one of the most influential films of my life and all I can say is I am doing every possible thing I can do to live up to the high bar John Carpenter set. I literally have been working day/night to make this shine. Moreover, I know the very high standards pinball enthusiasts have and want to make each and every owner proud to show this amazing machine off to everyone they know.

All I'm saying is I don't think it's all complete and tied together yet.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Halloween is by far one of the most influential films of my life and all I can say is I am doing every possible thing I can do to live up to the high bar John Carpenter set. I literally have been working day/night to make this shine. Moreover, I know the very high standards pinball enthusiasts have and want to make each and every owner proud to show this amazing machine off to everyone they know.

When you listen to the latest podcasts Spooky has done they state the game is complete up to the wizard mode but the wizard mode still needs work. NightMutilator is talking about shine which means polishing the code that is mostly completed. These videos are people dinking around in the first mode of the game.

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

When you listen to the latest podcasts Spooky has done they state the game is complete up to the wizard mode but the wizard mode still needs work.

Wow! I hadn’t heard this, that is huge news. The game is going to shoo with mostly completed code? Almost under head of in modern pinball. Another feather is Spooky’s cap for sure.

#1523 2 years ago

You’re about the tenth guy to come in and insinuate that UM is the superior game based on a cell phone video. Both games look awesome. If your a horror fan you prob bought HWN if not, UM. The music you saw in the HWN vid is the tip of the ice berg as far as the Carpenter soundtrack goes AND there is additional music from Matt Montgomery as well. The video of UM is a hot multiball. The video was of HWN is two day one dummies smacking balls around not even lighting a single mode. I just think it’s wise to reserve criticisms for when we see what the games have to offer. I’m sure they’ll both be rad and exciting. I personally love the pensive HWN music at the start of the game...I’m sure if someone in the vid started a mode the music would spark up. Nah’ mean?

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I don't know what you are trying to say.
This Halloween video has good audio but is just much slower music. Don't think it can change much, it definitely sounds cool and is iconic to the movie but for a pin seems a little slow is all I'm saying for my taste I prefer UM

#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

If people think those were all of the assets, they are on crack. People are dumb lol.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! I hadn’t heard this, that is huge news. The game is going to shoo with mostly completed code? Almost under head of in modern pinball. Another feather is Spooky’s cap for sure.

Pretty sure it was the Chris Franchi one where they talked about it.

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Not sure anyone is freaking out, but people are going to have opinions based on what they see.

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Start listening at 1:32:18 mark of Ep. 27 for code talk.

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You’re about the tenth guy to come in and insinuate that UM is the superior game based on a cell phone video. Both games look awesome. If your a horror fan you prob bought HWN if not, UM. The music you saw in the HWN vid is the tip of the ice berg as far as the Carpenter soundtrack goes AND there is additional music from Matt Montgomery as well. The video of UM is a hot multiball. The video was of HWN is two day one dummies smacking balls around not even lighting a single mode. I just think it’s wise to reserve criticisms for when we see what the games have to offer. I’m sure they’ll both be rad and exciting. I personally love the pensive HWN music at the start of the game...I’m sure if someone in the vid started a mode the music would spark up. Nah’ mean?

So I had to make a decision on buying a UM based off of a few pics and a short promo video and decide to give Spooky 9k for a game but I can't have an opinion of the cell phone videos we saw from the weekend. Come on man, if you like Halloween more, great go to the Halloween thread and scream it there. I'm in the UM thread saying I like Ultraman, that I bought in on a CE.

If you hate seeing opinions from people after a few cell phone videos don't come in the thread knowing that's all people are going to be talking about because it's all that is available. it's just my opinion and I've already paid 2k so I can have an opinion on what i've seen.

#1529 2 years ago

K

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

So I had to make a decision on buying a UM based off of a few pics and a short promo video and decide to give Spooky 9k for a game but I can't have an opinion of the cell phone videos we saw from the weekend. Come on man, if you like Halloween more, great go to the Halloween thread and scream it there. I'm in the UM thread saying I like Ultraman, that I bought in on a CE.
If you hate seeing opinions from people after a few cell phone videos don't come in the thread knowing that's all people are going to be talking about because it's all that is available. it's just my opinion and I've already paid 2k so I can have an opinion on what i've seen.

#1530 2 years ago

To be fair, you've seen as much as everyone else. No need to go into instant one sided defense mode. No one is trashing Halloween other than a few people who don't even like the theme to begin with.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Start listening at 1:32:18 mark of Ep. 27 for code talk.
https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/

Thanks for posting. I still haven't made it through the entire discussion. Highlight for me was that if you can play UM you can play HWN which is great for tournaments or visiting someone that may have the other. I would also like to add that I hope some of these UM machines make it to the Japanese market for the fans...great part of the interview

Next thing I have to say...I'm not buggin' and I know when it's all said and done, like Bug said "code is never finished"...this will be great pin for all the HWN/UM/Spooky fans. Watching success evolve with any company is exciting, and "hats off to Spooky". Just excited for my #417 to be in my house in the next few months.

Although he mentioned code complete getting all the way to wizard mode is ready, after the 1:32 mark, they did mention they were still adding code/mode, start listening at 1:27:00.

Looking forward to real stream, and can't wait to see some of you guys posting up that "my pin is on it's way" ...

---goodnight

#1532 2 years ago

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:So I had to make a decision on buying a UM based off of a few pics and a short promo video and decide to give Spooky 9k for a game but I can't have an opinion of the cell phone videos we saw from the weekend. Come on man, if you like Halloween more, great go to the Halloween thread and scream it there. I'm in the UM thread saying I like Ultraman, that I bought in on a CE.

Well said! For this exact reason Spooky want to produce a high quantity vid to showcase their releases. As its going to get scrutinised to shit on here. Happy to wait for JD stream.

I decided to go in on both so am really hoping for different game experience through theme, coding and rules on both.

Still not sure how I’ll line them up, side by side or opposite sides of games room or on each end of my Spooky line up! Good problem to have I guess lol

#1534 2 years ago

I preordered Halloween per wife request and from what little I have seen Ultraman looks more fun at this point. But the video shown had multiball going and the music going and the two videos shown I saw for Halloween were crap at best.

The artwork looks great. Part of me wishes I ordered Ultraman, but never knew about the show until a few years ago. Wish Spooky had the Godzilla license. Hopefully Stern does the license right.

Congrats to you who are getting Ultraman. Looking forward to seeing an actual good player play Halloween and see some different modes, sound effects, and music.

#1535 2 years ago

Played 5, one ball games at Pinfest and have a Rick and Morty.

It looks like a really fun game! My quick thoughts based off of my brief play of the game are that:

1. It looks better in person than it did in the photos. I thought the pictures were ugly but seeing it in person it's beautiful.
2. The lights are polarizing. I am a tall guy (6'4") and liked them.
3. My ball times were short. The game suffers from the same problem Rick and Morty does for casuals. Do you remember playing Rick and Morty the first time, hitting it in the garage, and having the ball immediately pop back out elsewhere and drain because you were not expecting the ball to pop out by the drain? That was how the majority of ball drains I saw on Ultraman happened. You'd hit a ball in the scoop and the ball would pop out someplace else and drain. This can be fixed with a warning in code, but that is my early feedback.
4. Didn't make it to the upper playfields.
5. Footage and theme is well integrated. I know nothing about Ultraman, but that did not detract from gameplay.

The game has potential. I still like my Rick and Morty better due to theming and package, but Ultraman has the potential to be a better shooting game.

#1536 2 years ago

The lack of infighting between the two games was nice while it lasted.

#1537 2 years ago

Since it looks like everyone is desperate for footage I'll post the poorly shot 30 second video I took with the power off on Ultraman here.

#1538 2 years ago

My neck!

#1539 2 years ago

Ultraman OBVIOUSLY has the better layout and shoots better, it’s a clear as day.

Quoted from Frax:

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ultraman OBVIOUSLY has the better layout and shoots better, it’s a clear as day.

Reminiscent of the tastes great vs less filling argument.

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Sadly, Halloween will win every vote since it outnumbers Ultraman by 750 units and will always have a built in larger base of vested supporters.

#1542 2 years ago

That is the first upside down video I've seen posted here.
I am still laughing.

Bravo

#1543 2 years ago

So is the bridge deck thing a multiball stage? I didn't really grasp what the point of it was.

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I decided to go in on both so am really hoping for different game experience through theme, coding and rules on both.
Still not sure how I’ll line them up, side by side or opposite sides of games room or on each end of my Spooky line up! Good problem to have I guess lol

I'm pretty sure the core rules will be identical. They'll just be wrapped around the themes differently. It would make no sense to reinvent the wheel here for the ten ppl who bought both.

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So is the bridge deck thing a multiball stage? I didn't really grasp what the point of it was.

I think it's just an alternative way of bringing the ball from the upper-upper playfield back to the wire forms below. On Halloween, I thought it was meant to represent Michael falling off the balcony. On Ultraman it might make sense to be a Kaiju falling down after battle. I figured it's a chance to stop the ball and show off a video animation.

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There’s a magnet at the top of it to hold the ball while the screen shows something. From what they’ve said it holds it there while Michael falls off the balcony. Something similar in UM.

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Played 5, one ball games at Pinfest and have a Rick and Morty.
It looks like a really fun game! My quick thoughts based off of my brief play of the game are that:
1. It looks better in person than it did in the photos. I thought the pictures were ugly but seeing it in person it's beautiful.
2. The lights are polarizing. I am a tall guy (6'4") and liked them.
3. My ball times were short. The game suffers from the same problem Rick and Morty does for casuals. Do you remember playing Rick and Morty the first time, hitting it in the garage, and having the ball immediately pop back out elsewhere and drain because you were not expecting the ball to pop out by the drain? That was how the majority of ball drains I saw on Ultraman happened. You'd hit a ball in the scoop and the ball would pop out someplace else and drain. This can be fixed with a warning in code, but that is my early feedback.
4. Didn't make it to the upper playfields.
5. Footage and theme is well integrated. I know nothing about Ultraman, but that did not detract from gameplay.
The game has potential. I still like my Rick and Morty better due to theming and package, but Ultraman has the potential to be a better shooting game.

There are indicator lights. Watch the above vid starting at 35 seconds.

#1548 2 years ago

And audio

Quoted from Roostking:

#1549 2 years ago

Some of you have never played TSPP before...and it shows!

#1550 2 years ago

Most people that played the game the first time lost the ball when it went into the scoop and came out at the right flipper inlane. I saw the flash and though what the heck is that, then whoosh bye bye ball. Second time I played it I got it, but first time on a one ball game, the game lasted 15 seconds.

Quoted from Roostking:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,000 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.