IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 55.
#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I know this is the lamest complaint but it's looking like my game will be ready around Christmas and I'm not looking forward to getting my invoice in December

If your still #93, i suspect you will see your invoice by mid November.
The fact that #67 shipped about the same time as the early #50s makes me think they held onto some for some reason.
I think your Ultraman may be ready around Thanksgiving not Christmas.

#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I know this is the lamest complaint but it's looking like my game will be ready around Christmas and I'm not looking forward to getting my invoice in December
I have the small collection my life has afforded me but Ultraman will be the most expensive thing I've ever owned (including my car. I'd rather own more games than a better car lol)
I am both excited and mildly stressed

I'm right behind you. I'm sure someone would trade for your spot . Not sure if Spooky would do that but hey idea.

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anyone streamed this since the latest code update?

This is only one I’ve found. Shows picking monsters and also new sling sounds.

#2354 2 years ago

I finely got to play Ultraman at Cp Pinball.

It was featured in our PinDeath Tournament last Friday.

I was worried the game pace would be slow.. I was surprised by the pace of which the game moved.
Shots can be challenging but I think after 10-20 plays that you would be alright.
This game was not slow at all. In fact it keeps you on your toes with the flipper feed from subways. Very cool.
My kids were impressed and my son actually preferred Ultraman to Godzilla Pro.

I wasn't let down by my experience and am still very excited to get my machine. I noticed a couple glitches but
sure those will be ironed out as time goes on.

I thought it was a very good change of pace in Tournament play and kind of a wildcard as many of us had no
strategy ready for this game.

#2355 2 years ago

Wow those sling effects are so much better, and it sounds to me like there's two different sounds being used which helps as well.

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow those sling effects are so much better, and it sounds to me like there's two different sounds being used which helps as well.

Seriously! Thanks Spooky for fixing that. Much better now!

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

new sling sounds.

Thank you Ultrajesus!!!!

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thank you Ultrajesus!!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2359 2 years ago

I was not implying that I want to trade my spot. No more PMs please.

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:I was not implying that I want to trade my spot. No more PMs please.

LMAO. Sorry but that is kinda funny.

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'm right behind you. I'm sure someone would trade for your spot . Not sure if Spooky would do that but hey idea.

Just contact Spooky and they can delay your order going in to production line.

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Just contact Spooky and they can delay your order going in to production line.

Depending when #227 rolls out I might have to do that. Not dragging it through two feet of snow.

#2363 2 years ago

Got my invoice today for my Ultraman Machine. So excited since I was thinking it would be Dec before I got my game. Now, I just hope my Godzilla doesn't arrive on the same day. lol

#2364 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Got my invoice today for my Ultraman Machine. So excited since I was thinking it would be Dec before I got my game. Now, I just hope my Godzilla doesn't arrive on the same day. lol

What number?

#2366 2 years ago

Hmmm I’m 95, I wonder if I will get this before Christmas. Unlikely, but that would be nice.

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Hmmm I’m 95, I wonder if I will get this before Christmas. Unlikely, but that would be nice.

Wouldn't be surprised if #95 is ready by end of Nov or 1st week of Dec.
Games are rolling out 2 to 3 weeks after invoice.

#2368 2 years ago

I am envious of everyone who is getting their Ultraman. I have a long wait ahead of me with #388 but maybe not as long as I thought the way they are pumping them out.

#2369 2 years ago

Awesome. I'm #102. Getting closer!

#2370 2 years ago

I’m curious if Spooky is at expo with HW and UM this weekend.
Would love to hear more feedback how gameplay and code are coming along!

#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’m curious if Spooky is at expo with HW and UM this weekend.
Would love to hear more feedback how gameplay and code are coming along!

I'm afraid we won't be there officially. Some of us might be sneaking around incognito though.

#2372 2 years ago

Anyone know of locations in the San Jose or Bay area that have an Ultraman? Sent a pic of mine to my daughter and now she wants to play.

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Anyone know of locations in the San Jose or Bay area that have an Ultraman? Sent a pic of mine to my daughter and now she wants to play.

That’s really cool, wish I could help

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"17ef3d6580a0ec10ce8fe5d1e95f6000aab230de-1635618480-1800"};
//]]>

Quoted from SDAmusements:

Ultraman #45 is now on location at Brewskis Bar & Arcade in San Diego. Come check it out!
[quoted image]

Or

22A312B2-B945-4008-B963-B1BAD08A6E58 (resized).jpeg22A312B2-B945-4008-B963-B1BAD08A6E58 (resized).jpeg
#2375 2 years ago

Any Canadians get the game yet?

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any Canadians get the game yet?

So far, we’ve shipped to Vancouver, Calgary & Montreal.

#2377 2 years ago

Why wasn’t Spooky at Expo? Sure, all the games are sold….but still…you’d think they’d want to have a presence there & chat with the fans.

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why wasn’t Spooky at Expo? Sure, all the games are sold….but still…you’d think they’d want to have a presence there & chat with the fans.

Might just be prioritizing staying back and getting games out the door. I have no problem with that because I’m ready to get my Ultra Man

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They said skipping expo and will be going to MGC. Too close together to do both.

#2380 2 years ago

Think Spooky was wise skipping Expo. No need to compete against the other stuff there or go when everything they have is sold out.

(Attendees reported it was lackluster as well)

#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Think Spooky was wise skipping Expo. No need to compete against the other stuff there or go when everything they have is sold out.
(Attendees reported it was lackluster as well)

I’m all for them skipping shows and working on their code and getting games out and what not.

It’s not like there was any upside for them to go to expo, they can basically do seminars in podcast form, they don’t need sales right now. Hopefully they come to TPF like they have in the last as it’s more of a collector show rather than an industry show.

Anyone know when the next code update may be coming out? Any chance they stage the balls to speed up the game play?

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know when the next code update may be coming out? Any chance they stage the balls to speed up the game play?

Halloween got one last night. I suspect UM will be a couple weeks away.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m all for them skipping shows and working on their code and getting games out and what not.
It’s not like there was any upside for them to go to expo, they can basically do seminars in podcast form, they don’t need sales right now. Hopefully they come to TPF like they have in the last as it’s more of a collector show rather than an industry show.

Funny i actually prefer the short delay the subway provides.
Gives me a chance to see where i am shooting next.
The audio and visual queues has helped me a number of times and if they were to immediately eject into side lanes i would definitely be suffering a lot more drains. I cannot imagine staged balls helping with MB as I can barely keep up as it is.

That said there is a setting for how many balls are loaded in the machine, which suggests they may include this option.

#2384 2 years ago

I'm considering letting my #104 spot go, unfortunately. Something came up IRL and am seriously having to consider it. With such a low number, it means this should arrive in a few weeks or a month or so - such horrible timing for me. I just played this again over the weekend and man it is awesome. The sounds alone brings a crowd. I just love it!

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I'm considering letting my #104 spot go, unfortunately. Something came up IRL and am seriously having to consider it. With such a low number, it means this should arrive in a few weeks or a month or so - such horrible timing for me. I just played this again over the weekend and man it is awesome. The sounds alone brings a crowd. I just love it!

Bummer, hopefully you don’t have to take a loss on it. Seems like a few people are just to move it. I have a standard coming but it’s way down the line obviously. Hope it all works out for you! Glws

#2386 2 years ago

Selling my pre-order spot #127 if anyone is interested in getting it sooner than later. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Added over 2 years ago:

Changed my mind…staying along for the ride.

#2387 2 years ago

I just got the email that my game is ready to ship. Pretty stoked to play it. Anyone know how many balls are in the game? is it 7? Also, anyone have an idea of the rubber sizes? couldn't find anything online.

#2388 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I am sure that there are others (besides me at 209) further back in line that would be willing to swap with you.

Maybe giving you a chance to get your feet under you before you need to PIF?

Either way, I hope things improve for you and yours.

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I just got the email that my game is ready to ship. Pretty stoked to play it. Anyone know how many balls are in the game? is it 7? Also, anyone have an idea of the rubber sizes? couldn't find anything online.

7 balls at ship.
As for rubbers there is supposedly a manual in the works.
Until then just hit up the service team.

#2390 2 years ago

What's the word on the shooter rod. The game I saw didn't have the custom shooter rod. Is that CE only? It did
have the topper and to be fair it was a low numbered game.

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Selling my pre-order spot #127 if anyone is interested in getting it sooner than later. PM me if interested. Thanks.

GREG, YOU TRAITOR!!

(Sorry, I'm just joking around, it sounds funny in my head.)

Wasn't seeing too many bailing on Ultra though, what the hell, people? Lots of unfortunate situations going around it seems. Guess I should feel lucky that I'm not absolutely having to give up on UM to pay for a new HVAC.

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

What's the word on the shooter rod. The game I saw didn't have the custom shooter rod. Is that CE only? It did
have the topper and to be fair it was a low numbered game.

No beta capsule shooter rod on #56.
Word is 3 weeks or so as i understand, but that may be for the HWN knife.
Not trying to start another rumor.

#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

GREG, YOU TRAITOR!!
(Sorry, I'm just joking around, it sounds funny in my head.)
Wasn't seeing too many bailing on Ultra though, what the hell, people? Lots of unfortunate situations going around it seems. Guess I should feel lucky that I'm not absolutely having to give up on UM to pay for a new HVAC.

Just floating it out there. If no one wants it, I’ll take delivery & play it.

#2394 2 years ago

Joined the club.. We finally set it up on location #66. This is a great game, it's campy it seems basic at first but draws you in with some of the modes and complexity and just has that play it again feel. it's funny if you don't plunge the ball theres lots of callouts but after that not so much, sound effects and music modes are good. But like ACNC with more code updates we will get there.

IMG_20211101_165830 (resized).jpgIMG_20211101_165830 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211101-193221_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211101-193221_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2395 2 years ago

Number #70 here (butter cab). Still no word about shipping, paid the invoice on the 14th.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from Palepoli:

Number #70 here (butter cab). Still no word about shipping, paid the invoice on the 14th.

Did you go through spooky or a distributor?
Edit*
Might be the butter process. I didn't get butter and mine has shipped already (#77)
Also bought direct from Spooky.

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Halloween got one last night. I suspect UM will be a couple weeks away.

Great news. Hopefully they keep pushing out the code updates. Spooky had easily one of the best coded games of all times in R&M. That was really the deciding factor for us with jumping on Ultraman (that am the incredible art package and nice looking layout). Is Bowen helping with the rules?

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Great news. Hopefully they keep pushing out the code updates. Spooky had easily one of the best coded games of all times in R&M. That was really the deciding factor for us with jumping on Ultraman (that am the incredible art package and nice looking layout). Is Bowen helping with the rules?

Bowen confirmed in the Halloween thread that he does not work for Spooky & he had zero involvement with the rules.

#2399 2 years ago

After Charlie and Bug specifically said that he WAS consulting on rules, pretty irritating. Hoping they chime in with some kind of explanation. Lot of spots being listed for sale with this news.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Bowen confirmed in the Halloween thread that he does not work for Spooky & he had zero involvement with the rules.

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

After Charlie and Bug specifically said that he WAS consulting on rules, pretty irritating. Hoping they chime in with some kind of explanation. Lot of spots being listed for sale with this news.

Many justified 2k non refundable deposits partly on the basis of Bowen being involved so I think Spooky may need to revisit the idea of bringing Bowen back even if it's in a limited role.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.