IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 55.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems like a whole lot of area for 3 lock shots

Maybe they are vertical upshots into the ramp system?

I don't know. I am counting the White Arrow Inserts as 'Locks' as there appear to be 7. The number ref'd in the Wizard Mode Multiball description.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe they are vertical upshots into the ramp system?
I don't know. I am counting the White Arrow Inserts as 'Locks' as there appear to be 7. The number ref'd in the Wizard Mode Multiball description.

They are the three open holes to the subway we saw in the teaser photo

#53 2 years ago

I think 2 different themes with the same layout is genius.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Scores in that Halloween screenshot are 11, 10, 9 and 6 digits, which looks to me like a display test, making sure all different size scores render properly. That said, even the possibility of a 10+ bil score is enticing. I know it's irrational but more score is just more fun to me.

I mean....that's the entire basis of AFM being more fun than Monster Bash, IMO.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That layout is...interesting...

If you like Popeye....

#56 2 years ago

I didn't realize how many people had no clue what Ultraman was. Guess it might not be so hard to get one of them then!

#57 2 years ago

This art looks sooo good, and the two-theme approach is also very interesting. Must be a challenge to create a single layout for two completely different themes.

#58 2 years ago

I wonder how the 7 locks work? Is it 6 in the 3 left subway then the one on the right science shot or is their 3 more lock shots I am not seeing from the video? it said they were all physical locks correct?

#59 2 years ago

I really hope they give some kind of gameplay or rules walkthrough video. Or even just have someone play a game or two on stream. I get that they don’t need to because these will sell out anyway but I feel like it would be nice, if you already have a machine built and ready to go, to show people more of what they will be getting into before they purchase it. Doesn’t have to be a big production. I saw the quick rules rundown but you can’t really tell what the game is like from that. I have a fang club membership but I’ll probably pass and take my chances if I can’t get any significant idea of what the game is like ahead of the sale time.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Is Ultraman like an overseas or west coast thing? I’ve never heard of it and I’m pretty familiar with most of the niche themes.

Have you heard of a little place called “Japan”?

Ultraman is like their Superman. He’s a cultural icon.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I really hope they give some kind of gameplay or rules walkthrough video. Or even just have someone play a game or two on stream. I get that they don’t need to because these will sell out anyway but I feel like it would be nice, if you already have a machine built and ready to go, to show people more of what they will be getting into before they purchase it. Doesn’t have to be a big production. I saw the quick rules rundown but you can’t really tell what the game is like from that. I have a fang club membership but I’ll probably pass and take my chances if I can’t get any significant idea of what the game is like ahead of the sale time.

I agree. I’m glad to pay Fang Club anyway to support Spooky. I’ve bought both of Scott’s pins. However I’m not able to buy with such few details as we’ve seen. I really tend to keep my pins for long time so like to know more than we’ve seen.

#62 2 years ago

Complete series on Bluray $11 right now

It's the #20 best seller in Action & Adventure on Amazon, so obviously everyone knows who he is.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TNVXM44

amazon (resized).jpgamazon (resized).jpg
#63 2 years ago

Love how this is looking..

#64 2 years ago

Will we have stream of Ultraman gameplay ?

Very excited.. SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke

????

#65 2 years ago

Doesn't do anything for me. I like watching anime and stuff but Ultraman, nah not interested at all.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Doesn't do anything for me. I like watching anime and stuff but Ultraman, nah not interested at all.

And this is why Spooky's move here is genius. I felt no interest at all in Halloween, but am completely charmed by Ultraman. I'm not even a fan of the show or anything, it's just got a vibe that fits with me.

From a business point of view if you can reduce development costs and appeal to different market demographics with the "same" product that's a jackpot for them!

#67 2 years ago

I was hoping they'd maybe steal Welk from Stern but guess not. Ultraman it is.

#68 2 years ago

Ultraman will sell out immediately is my prediction (what an incredible looking game that translates perfectly to pinball). I think Halloween will be a harder sell and be available for a bit…but who knows.

#69 2 years ago

Ultraman? Until a moment ago, I never heard of it. But if it shoots well, has great code and audio design, it will be a monster hit.

#70 2 years ago

Will it be only original series or encompass some of the other iterations?

#71 2 years ago

The Ultra series has been on the air since 1966 and is still going strong. The wiki list of all the TV series, movies and spin-offs is PAGES long.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Is Ultraman like an overseas or west coast thing? I’ve never heard of it and I’m pretty familiar with most of the niche themes. I’ve never even heard of this one being tossed out as a ‘wanted theme’. Could be a fun game, I guess it would be like a non licensed theme to me.

I've tossed it out several times as a theme. This along with Heavy Metal are two of my grail themes. Stern killed Heavy Metal by placing it on a home pin and Spooky killed this one by limiting it to only 500.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

If you like Popeye....

Cute retort but looks like all of Halloween's shot entrances can be seen by the player, no shooting blind under the ship like Popeye.

#74 2 years ago

To the best of my memory the seven locks are the three hedge scoops, pumpkin scoop, Judith drop target, and one on each upper playfields. That's obviously the Halloween theme. I'm just not sure what to call them all for Ultraman.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ultraman will sell out immediately is my prediction (what an incredible looking game that translates perfectly to pinball). I think Halloween will be a harder sell and be available for a bit…but who knows.

I'm pretty sure it will be sold out by the time I get home from work. Wish they would scrap the XXX number and make a time window to order instead.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The Ultra series has been on the air since 1966 and is still going strong. The wiki list of all the TV series, movies and spin-offs is PAGES long.

Netflix ran a Anime series released at end of 2019. Not sure if they will make another season or not yet.
https://www.netflix.com/title/80231373

#77 2 years ago

Do you have to drink Michelob Ultra while playing Ultraman ?

#78 2 years ago

mu guess is they will both be sold out in less than a day!

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm pretty sure it will be sold out by the time I get home from work. Wish they would scrap the XXX number and make a time window to order instead.

Call some distributors and see what they can do.

#80 2 years ago

So I haven't enjoyed a single Spooky pin to date (but have wanted to) so I'm skeptical, but I love this theme so much, I'm interested.

Halloween looks amazing as well. I hope these play as good as they look. The artwork is top notch.

#81 2 years ago

very cool looking game Spooky, congrats

#82 2 years ago

One of pinballs best moves 1 pin 2 games.

All is good in pinball!!

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

To the best of my memory the seven locks are the three hedge scoops, pumpkin scoop, Judith drop target, and one on each upper playfields. That's obviously the Halloween theme. I'm just not sure what to call them all for Ultraman.

If you are an Ultraman fan, the number SEVEN has a VERY special association.

#84 2 years ago

When designing a pinball game, you have to start with an idea which shapes the layout design. I wonder what came first - HWN or UM? I think the layout fits HWN better, but that's just, like, my opinion man.

#85 2 years ago

Congats Spooky on what looks like a great package for both games.

I love the fact you are also releasing Ultraman!

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

When designing a pinball game, you have to start with an idea which shapes the layout design. I wonder what came first - HWN or UM? I think the layout fits HWN better, but that's just, like, my opinion man.

Could be either. Latest design I'm working on for myself had multiple contenders for theme and was designed around elements that could be tailored to each one, and then fine tuned once the final decision was made. Here, the upper playfields look like Halloween was the initial basis for those, but the buildings rather than the hedges appear to suit the left side better.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Can you explain the XXX number system they're using? Does it mean if you add a game to your cart you're guaranteed a game regardless of time to checkout?

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I looked into it a bit following a day trip to Pinball Life a few years back. I'll do my best to edit my own quote:

"To the best of my memory the seven locks are the three Alien Balton scoops, Beta Capsule scoop, Science Patrol drop target, and one on each upper playfields: Bemular and Jirahs."

#89 2 years ago

I haven't seen anyone yet comment on the lack of any pop bumpers in the game; just goes to show you don't automatically need them. The games look more distinctive without them too, very much a Swords Of Fury kind of vibe.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Fill me in on what #7's meaning is?

Great job with the 2 new pins!

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Fill me in on what #7's meaning is?
Great job with the 2 new pins!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#92 2 years ago

Sweet..

#93 2 years ago

It is a tough decision for me which one I like better... A dont know anything about Ultraman but it looks interesting

I like the right side cabinet of Ultraman and like the left side buildings better than the hedges. I might like the artwork overall better on Ultraman.

I also like that it is more limited but I do like the topper better on Halloween and like the music better on Halloween. I also like the pumpkin better than the microphone.

I hope to see the playfields side by side.

#94 2 years ago

Anybody know what the plan is for production on each title?

Will Halloween and Ultraman be manufactured at the same time, or will they make Halloween first before Ultraman?

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Anybody know what the plan is for production on each title?
Will Halloween and Ultraman be manufactured at the same time, or will they make Halloween first before Ultraman?

Same time

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Complete series on Bluray $11 right now
It's the #20 best seller in Action & Adventure on Amazon, so obviously everyone knows who he is.....
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

As with the tool deals, you likely helped them sell out!

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Scores in that Halloween screenshot are 11, 10, 9 and 6 digits, which looks to me like a display test, making sure all different size scores render properly. That said, even the possibility of a 10+ bil score is enticing. I know it's irrational but more score is just more fun to me.

Agreed!

#98 2 years ago

Okay.................a little help here please........how do I buy one of these? I've never bought a brand new machine in my life. I have no idea who is a distributor here in Florida or anywhere for that matter for Spooky.

I would run home after school to watch Ultraman when I was a kid.

I would run home after work now to play this pinball title.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Okay.................a little help here please........how do I buy one of these? I've never bought a brand new machine in my life. I have no idea who is a distributor here in Florida or anywhere for that matter for Spooky.
I would run home after school to watch Ultraman when I was a kid.
I would run home after work now to play this pinball title.

http://shop.spookypinball.com/usa-spooky-pinball-fang-club-membership-p5.php
Buy that now and create an account when you checkout.
Then login to that account at 9:45am on Wednesday and manically refresh the spooky products page until 10am (est) and buy the pin then.

#100 2 years ago

I was pretty sure it was gonna be a mad dash like that............thanks for confirming that fnord

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.