20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #619 Per Charlie: "750 is the limit. (No BS)" Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #997 List of Distributors Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #1081 BS Edition Posted by cmack750 (4 years ago)

Post #1157 More Charlie (from Spooky) clarification Posted by SpookyCharlie (4 years ago)

Post #1790 Fang club information Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #1945 Under playfield reveal Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2109 Ordering info Posted by SpookyLuke (4 years ago)

Post #2509 Sales Info and Play Reveal Video Posted by Borygard (4 years ago)

Post #2529 Game Features Posted by Palmer (4 years ago)

Post #2555 BS Edition Pics Posted by AxelBlonde (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookycharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 4 years ago

Let's see what's going on with Pinside tonight.... WHOA! Was it something we said?

Working closely with the license ... more stuff to come soon. I will confirm this, game will have A FAMILY MODE! And it's gonna need it.

Peace among worlds...

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

this old (40-something) fart is going to keep an open mind. Planning some R&M streaming this weekend!

I'm 51.... the show started with 1 employee who couldn't stop talking about it a couple years back. He got our son (Bug) to watch a couple episodes... he got me to watch a couple episodes.

Been hooked ever since. Is it crass and silly at times? Yep. I'm not that mature so works on me. It's also some of the wildest and most intelligent sci-fi writing you've ever seen.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!! Glad my kids are old enough to enjoy it with me... or do I enjoy it with them?! Lol.

PICKLE RIIIIIICCCK!!!!!!!!!!

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What is this p-roc memory board leak you speak of? Perhaps you are referring to the computer not the p3roc?

Yes... this is exactly correct. It's not a Proc issue, it's the PC and how it's handling video.

That's where the smarter than me people step in and my eyes get glassy looking when they explain it further.

#906 4 years ago

I have seriously been called a sonofabitch more in the last 2 days than my other 51 years combined.

Apparently people are watching the hell out of season 4!

I'm in.

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

hot glue and plastic switch mounts, does not hold up well in a commercial environment.

Stern uses plastic switch mounts too.. and hot glue is used on our ribbon cables, same as commercial video games. In fact, first operator we shipped a TnA to insisted we hot glue the ribbon cables. Been doing it ever since.

Quoted from RandyW:

Even TNA, whichis a fairly simple game, mech wise

Simple game mech wise? Compared to what?

20191206_151622 (resized).jpg20191206_151622 (resized).jpg20191206_151704 (resized).jpg20191206_151704 (resized).jpg
#935 4 years ago

And take that in no way as I think we're perfect, better, or even as good... I respect the hell out of our competitions product and what they do. ALL OF THIS IS HARD. We've listened to every operator who's ever given us advice and heeded it whenever possible.

We want our games to hold up as well as anybodys... us AND our vendors are working to improve mechs, strain relief, PCs, unique parts, common parts .... even BIG things I can't talk about yet!

Huge improvements coming... but the more you throw in the games, well ... you know the story. Nothing is being held back in this one. Scott wouldn't be happy with anything but insanity! Lol.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I'm not trying to be insulting.. I am sharing my REAL world experience

THAT we appreciate! Really! We take all of it to heart. I think we may surprise you on this one (and I hope we do!)

#1157 4 years ago

For those of you who don't listen to our podcast, let's step back and explain some of this like we did on the show a few months ago.

Spooky has the "take care of those who take care of us" attitude and always offered game sales to previous customers first. When TnA took off and with ACNC right behind it being our #1 and #2 best sellers EVER, our customer base went from about 500 to OVER 1,200.

When you can basically make 500 games a year, that becomes a problem. Good problem, but still a problem.

So, we came up with the Fang Club for those who support us to have a way to be more of a part of all this. Help grow our company, get some cool stuff for your $45 including shipping membership, do special events, cool merch, get some great exclusive video content for you, AND HAVE FUN! Bang for the buck... and FUN!!! Good right?

And yes of course, you can add cool upgrades to games... NOT LEs... Not "standard vs pro vs collectors vs ..." ... whatever. We don't want to do that. Every game you get from us will play exactly the same. If you want to jazz it up some cosmetically, GREAT! We appreciate the support and are happy to do that. (Wait until you see this dimension in BUTTER!!!)

The Blood Sucker, or BS edition (funny initials huh?... kinda like TnA! These things might be on purpose.) is simply a cool upgrade package that we feel is going to give one hell of a bang for your buck and look incredible! Can't wait for you all to see it, and I can't say more yet.

So IF we get to 750 Fang Club members and 750 decide to take the BS edition... there will be 750 BS editions. GREAT! 750 happy people! If 100 BS versions exist and 650 are "just" Rick and Morty games... GREAT! You'll love playing that too. Scott Danesi is an awesome designer and you'll all be happy with what we've done here at team Spooky!

So is it possible we sell more Fang Club memberships than we have games? Sure! Hope it happens... come on in and lets see where this little company starting it's 7th year in business goes! We'll all share the ride and use the money to improve quality even more here and HAVE FUN DOING IT.

Reality is you HAVEN'T SEEN THE GAME YET! Many of you will love it... some of you will walk away... AND THAT'S FINE! It happens on every new game. We really hope 750 of you find this exactly what you hoped it would be from a Scott Danesi / Rick and Morty Pinball machine and it exceeds your expectations in every way. We've done our best to make sure it does!

Spooky's business model is 500 games a year... we're committing 18 months to make these 750 games because we feel that's about the limit of buyers patience to wait should this be a sell out. There's some honest reality.

We're happy, we're healthy, we're glad we have a game coming very soon that excites so many people. 750 units is 250 more than we've ever sold of any title. Big jump up, thrilled at the prospect of that happening.

PEACE (among worlds) LOVE AND ALL THINGS PINBALL... Charlie

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

A couple of questions that haven’t been answered afaik
is there a firm date for the reveal?
Is there a firm date for fang club orders starting?

Soon... all we can say for now. Working closely with Adult Swim on all of this.

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And the speculating begins.

Can we at least wait till the reveal. Lol

Let me help you...

"It's terrible!... it's great!... art sucks!... best art ever!... code is lame!... rules are amazing!... you're old!... damn kids!... this show is dumb!... this show is brilliant!... if you like this game you are stupid!... if you like whatever game you like you are stupid!... this company sucks!... best company ever!... game is too hard!... game is a challenge!... they nailed it!... terrible integration!... 10k by Christmas!... terrible investment!... LIONMAN!!!"

Did I miss anything?

#1689 4 years ago

That might not be accurate. But it's already more than we expected for sure!

Regardless, big thanks to everyone who is helping support this game, Fang Club, and company... it's all good!

Can Scott live up to the hype? CAN YOU SCOTT???

#1694 4 years ago

Here's a photo of Scott replying with his massive LED budget answer.

20191210_162832 (resized).jpg20191210_162832 (resized).jpg
#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Don't forget about Eric and David Van Es!

Shhhhh.... we just want to put pressure on you.

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think the folks at Spooky might be spending a little too much time on Pinside.

Yes... we are!

Taking a small break while we play test ... stuff and things.

#1793 4 years ago

Also Luke does not care about grammar... trust me, I just told him 2 mistakes in that post and he said "I do not care".

He does not care.

He does care about Spooky and our customers though.

Remember people... you are getting some PRETTY COOL STUFF AND BENEFITS BEYOND THIS GAME BUY-IN WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIPS!!! That's the point of the Fang Club in the first place.

We know that's not why some of you are joining right now, but we hope you enjoy what we do with it all in 2020 anyway.

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Compared to some people on here Luke’s grammar is impeccable.

There will be no living with him now... we're trying to improve everything here, even Luke's spelling!!!

#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Probation...

Yeah, and by the time we realized he was actually good at his job that email was already out there in bulk.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

This all started after placing second at the WI state high school wrestling championships a few years ago.

Shhhh.... you know he's still super sensitive about that Bryan!!! Kinda like you when we ask where you were the day Lincoln was shot.

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Good point... hmmm

Get back to work!!! No leaks today on my watch.

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

No Danesi Lock...I'm out.

Isn't there?

Luke... I NEED TO SEE YOU IN MY OFFICE!!!

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks like a streetlevel game like tna.

I got this one.... NO!

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just give me the word.

I got this one too.... NO!!!

And you already know the word I want to use on you. You invented it.

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I'm a fang club member. I get the email day of saying when its' going live.

So talk to your distributor and say you are a member and buy one of their games... he already knows how many he (or she) has to sell, and what order they will fall. Their games are spread out in the entire 750 game run to keep things as fair as possible.

OR... you can log in on our new web store the day of the launch and buy that way. You can also take your chances on calling (we know KT and Squirrel are going to be swamped on the phones too). Our sales spots are determined by when you purchase.... granted, allotments for Butter cabs, over seas stuff, shows, etc etc are already planned in batches as well.

It's the initial payment plus the Blood Suckers package price. So $1,525 first payment.... NOTHING more until your game is complete! We WILL finish these in 18 months no matter what it takes on our end.

When you game is close to ready we'll contact you, and all add-ons like speaker kits, shakers, knockers, interior graphics, etc will be done at that time.

It won't matter a bit what your address is at the time of purchase... just what it is at shipping.

Hope that explains it.

Sorry!!! Just edited this... we don't take Butter game into the initial payments. That's on the end as well. My bad!

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I want to be at the opposite end of the line. How can I guarantee I get like #745. I need time to save money!

Just call the gals AFTER the madness settles... they help with this all the time.

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Why limit yourself to 750 units if the games turns out to be a hit

We get this a lot... more so today obviously than ever.

Because that's 250 units more than we've ever taken on, and expanding for more capacity means you also have to keep those people busy when you DON'T have a huge hit game on your hands. We have full time people that count on jobs. We NEVER want to walk any of them out the door because we can't keep them busy.

Could we be greedy right now and say "oh, did we say 750 games? Well we really meant 1,500!!!" Sure! But we don't think that is right or our style. We said 750, we mean 750.

We're going into year #7 and our best selling games were the last two, and it appears we are about to top those!

We are just fine and doing what we love. Simple as that.

And you are 100% correct... EVERYTHING in pinball is expensive.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sure, if R&M is a smash hit they could be leaving *a lot* of potential sales on the table. But in the long run they value the lifestyle factors over the $$$. It's a non-psychopathic way to manage a business, not only about profit for profit's sake.

NAILED IT.

Quoted from Sticky:

he 750 figure isn't in stone. I mean, I know they say that's it but if the demand is there for hundreds more I wouldn't throw money away and I doubt they would too.

Yes it is, and yes we would.

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Lots of extra packing goes into shipping a butter game.

And time, $$$, and patience. We also have to assume a couple or going to get dinged on the assembly line during the year.

But yeah, it's fairly worth it when you see it! Especially on a bright colorful game like ... oh, we haven't shown that yet have we.

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

Is the cabinet size normal size or smaller like TNA?

Full size... TnA was just 3" shorter to accomidate the no ramps.

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

how do the dealers know we are in the Fang club

Honesty, and names.

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If I join the Fang Club now, will I be able to get in for tomorrow?

You can get early access for the launch. Yes!

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

store seems to be down

It's being updated with stuff right now... pop back in a bit.

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Now that Spooky has made toys on a spring cool, I can finally not be ashamed of my Tie Fighter on a spring

I want EVERYTHING on a spring!!!

It also has independently controlled headlights and a full RGB in the cockpit!

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

right here is says now you can lock a ball, how is that working?

Danesi lock 2.0 It's the next evolution in ball locking! Really, it's freaking super cool.

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

this pin will have amazing custom call outs and video

Wait till you hear it... lol. I was laughing for an hour last night just listening to the randomness!

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from MrFrumble:

Any more Fang Club Memberships going up tonight? Tried to join and it looks like the item has been deactivated

It's back... they were just prepping some stuff in there for morning.

#3302 4 years ago

If anyone accidentally got doubles in your cart please call 815-541-4940 NOW....

#3406 4 years ago

WE STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GET ON LINE QUICK IF YOU ARE ON THE FENCE.

You have been warned fine Pinsiders.

#3531 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, where can one go about pre ordering one of these ??

shop.spookypinball.com

Go quick!

#3536 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I meantioned it on the facebook page but Scott's name is spelled wrong...Sanesi.

Thanks! Lol... ooops!

#3564 4 years ago

To be clear... Alice Cooper wraps up this week.

We're taking a few days off at Christmas, and we're building nothing but Rick and Morty starting right after the holiday!

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

And a nice X-mas bonus of new ACNC code prior to that break?

Working on that too!!!

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I wonder why Charlie said Pickle Rick won't be on the Playfield?

I said he was hidden.

#3588 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

And the last of the Rob Zombie code too?

Also in the works! Cleaning up a bunch of stuff now that we have code help.

#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Now go celebrate you noodnick!

Not until we sell these last 15 TOTAL GAMES!!!!!!!!!

#3704 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

how and where to order?

Get a Fang Club membership and buy quick! shop.spookypinball.com

#3726 4 years ago

TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3728 4 years ago

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3735 4 years ago
Sold_Out (resized).jpgSold_Out (resized).jpg
#3783 4 years ago

Absolutely dumbfounded.... biggest day in Spooky history. Lots of emotional people here right now.

Thank you all. Every single one of you who have always supported us, and jumped all over this one.

Much to do now. Going to catch our breath for a minute and get back to making you all happy.

HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE AT ADULT SWIM, JUSTIN ROILAND, CARTOON NETWORK, AND JOSH FREYDKIS!!!

#3825 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Short answer is we dont know what the special first day purchase prize included is but 750 people will get it lol....

Ummmm did I say say first day? I meant first 10 minutes!!!

No? Aw s**t... looks like we owe 750 people something fun!

#5531 4 years ago

Holy crapballs... ran to Pinball Life yesterday to grab the first batch of parts for this game and WHAMMO!!!!!!! 500 plus new posts?!

Ok, so I get some people are happy and a few are ticked at the order and how we handled all of the chaos. We get it. Trying to make everyone happy is a tall order. We'll learn from this all and do more next go-round.

So remember that "extra something for first day buyers" we promised (which turned out to be EVERYBODY???!!!!) We talked to Adult Swim on an idea we had to thank everyone who supported this game and made it the biggest day in our company history, and they are letting us do something real nice Clark.

Stay tuned... Merry Christmas!!!

Eddie (resized).jpgEddie (resized).jpg
#5533 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

PS: Can I put a deposit down on the next Spooky pin 2021? I'd like to get a head start.

Lol... NO!

2 weeks later
#7333 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

ideally Spooky would have been more transparent about insiders, pinball media, locations, etc. getting the first games off the line.

There is a 0% chance of us handling all of this perfectly and making everyone thrilled with how it all went. If we bump (and in some cases, we absolutely did) existing locations, shows, media, early game testers, etc etc that are getting games in public and where they need to be to help get people playing and driving sales... instead to fill "first come first served" ideals, it doesn't help keep a business flowing IF sales are "normal".

Granted, we had no idea we'd sell out as fast as we did, so in this one game launch instance, it changed everything we thought was planned well. We still did the best we could.

Chris called his game purchase in to Spooky RIGHT AS SALES LAUNCHED... did he get a little bit of a boost from Spooky as being part of the "media group"? Yep. Did distributors follow exact protocol in every way or take sales before / after / during launch? No idea... they have their loyal customers they want to help I'm sure and we have no real way or desire to try and police it all.

Yes, we are learning from all this and paying attention.

But at the end of the day... if you're getting what is now an extremely limited and very in demand expensive toy and the ONLY question / complaint is WHEN... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have absolutely won at life.

Back to work here... SOOOOO much goodness coming everyone!!! Both on Rick and Morty, and Alice Cooper. VERY SOON!!!

#7346 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know if it was clear that was even an option.

We didn't advertise or encourage it... and won't next time either. But yes, you can call Spooky Pinball LLC basically anytime during normal business hours for about anything.

The entire office team of people was trying hard to keep up with the entire process on launch day. It basically looks like an airport traffic control tower, but all the planes in the country decide to land at the same time. It's seriously something we should video one day! Lol.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Everyone who ordered a R&M will get one.

YES, and I love you. Your analysis of the approvals / art / and everything else we deal with in this crazy process has been about 100% correct. Like you've seen know and understand the complexity of working with a licensed animated network series before or something... on a product as complicated as pinball, so THANK YOU!!!

#7358 4 years ago

So here's one row on the production floor... of 5 different game assembly rows, all in various stages. Here's also what it starts to look like when the office corner of the shop gets buried in 750 Fang Club membership kits! I swear the wife, daughter, and Sally the dog are in there somewhere.

That help clear up any deep overly analyzed mysteries of how we do all this?

20200109_132850 (resized).jpg20200109_132850 (resized).jpg20200109_132925 (resized).jpg20200109_132925 (resized).jpg20200109_115545 (resized).jpg20200109_115545 (resized).jpg20200109_115551 (resized).jpg20200109_115551 (resized).jpg20200109_115601 (resized).jpg20200109_115601 (resized).jpg
#7368 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

That's a beefy looking subwoofer in that cabinet.

I swear, we have the beefiest sound system in pinball. We do NOT cheap out of tin'y sounding little speakers. I kinda like rockin' audio a lot.

#7383 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

now show us that new coin door option... (sexy!)

Lol.... soon! The guy who does that is on a 50th birthday trip and I don't want to see his phone blow up for a few days.

#7779 4 years ago

Nobody is missing a thing regardless of when you got in or what upgrades you purchased... if you are getting a Rick and Morty, you're getting a topper.

More fun just to keep this simple and say THANK YOU to EVERYONE... properly. All 750 of you.

We don't get to do any of this without you. We wanted to do something really special, Adult Swim allowed us to add this in and approved it quickly, and yeah... feels great to do this.

Have a great night everyone!

3 weeks later
#9994 4 years ago

More multi camera angle goodness to come very soon fine pinball folks! Working this weekend at Days of the Dead, left a game with Adult Swim here in Atlanta, and here's Sally with Sally.

20200206_183429 (resized).jpg20200206_183429 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10949 4 years ago

Taken after today's steam... this was more work than I can describe. Super proud of our team!

Much more goodness to come very soon... games are moving, thanks to everyone who believes in Spooky.

20200215_143803 (resized).jpg20200215_143803 (resized).jpg
#11147 4 years ago
Quoted from Alwaysbrokenpins:

If you don’t understand supply and demand you don’t need to be involved in manufacturing license as big as Ricky & Morty.

In dimension C-186 there is more supply than demand. Not going well there for Pooky Spinball.

We locked in 18 months of work in 4 hours and made the license incredibly happy at the same time. What were we thinking?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

9,699 (OBO)
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 13,500.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookycharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky?tu=spookycharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.