Topic Stats

• 12,063 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by _xizor
  • Topic is favorited by 246 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,229 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

07868aff420032ca63c01fe958c0a73e0a6f2e01 (resized).jpg
33E26EC3-0E1B-45FE-BD28-A33C029E871B (resized).jpeg
F5DEC188-449E-4DB2-8DAC-87327557CAB3 (resized).jpeg
9C0DE962-FB5E-4E91-9A86-3810264DCF78 (resized).jpeg
8024700E-A02B-4745-8564-331EE82D4E8F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12063 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 242.
#11801 72 days ago

We need Rick Sanchez to cure/vaccinate/eliminate the corona.

Code that in, maybe it will happen in real life.

#11802 72 days ago

For those that have played Rick & Morty and TRON.
Which shot is more difficult to achieve with the 3rd flipper?
Tron (Gem shot)
or
R&M (Garage shot)
34BE687F-3CD0-410B-9BB9-514B1A547D42 (resized).jpeg82A20FC7-731C-4EDA-95C0-93D609EFA7C4 (resized).jpeg

#11803 72 days ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Tron (Gem shot)
or
R&M (Garage shot)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Gem shot is more difficult because you have to bump it off the rail. Garage shot is just really late off the flipper.. it's hard but not too hard.

#11804 72 days ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Tron (Gem shot)
or
R&M (Garage shot)

From a direct shot? Gem. 100%

#11805 72 days ago

I own both.

Gem by a mile.

#11806 72 days ago

What about the gambit skill shot in X-men? I think I’ve hit it once in 5 years.

#11807 72 days ago

Right or wrong. Upper flipper was adjusted to parallel with the guide (kinda tucked under the plastic). I couldn’t adjust the spinner loop guide further out, so I removed the screw altogether. Then I pushed the guid back as far as I could and put a small piece of moleskin under the metal tab to protect the playfield. This made the outside guide flatter (not a extreme curved). Opening the shot is only one part...I felt the guide needed to be less curved. My wife and I can now rip the shot regularly. I even ripped the spinner and then hit the garage as it screamed around. Now when you hit the right orbit, and it comes down the spinner lane, it skims the post at the entrance to the spinner orbit and does a little bounce, avoiding the accidental right out lane drains that I was having. Drilling a hole for the screw that goes in the tab of the guide I wasn’t willing to do...so the guide does give a bit. Nothing I did was permanent, so easily reversed, but it seems to work.

#11808 72 days ago

Just killed it !

17420167-8F08-4C90-934F-7FB250564164 (resized).jpeg
#11809 72 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Just killed it !

And with only one eye!

#11810 72 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Right or wrong. Upper flipper was adjusted to parallel with the guide (kinda tucked under the plastic). I couldn’t adjust the spinner loop guide further out, so I removed the screw altogether. Then I pushed the guid back as far as I could and put a small piece of moleskin under the metal tab to protect the playfield. This made the outside guide flatter (not a extreme curved). Opening the shot is only one part...I felt the guide needed to be less curved. My wife and I can now rip the shot regularly. I even ripped the spinner and then hit the garage as it screamed around. Now when you hit the right orbit, and it comes down the spinner lane, it skims the post at the entrance to the spinner orbit and does a little bounce, avoiding the accidental right out lane drains that I was having. Drilling a hole for the screw that goes in the tab of the guide I wasn’t willing to do...so the guide does give a bit. Nothing I did was permanent, so easily reversed, but it seems to work.

I wonder if Spooky will adjust these in the future.

#11811 72 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wonder if Spooky will adjust these in the future.

I’m not sure. I’ve seen others really rip the spinner without doing this, but I was having a hard time all of a sudden. For me and my game, it seems to have really made a big difference...plus, nothings permanent.

#11812 71 days ago

Rick and Morty came in at the #2 spot in the Top 100.

https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#11813 71 days ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

now the only question is how hard it gets hit by the people that will vote it down out of spite, lol.

Pinside top 100 has been broken for years.

Just go play the game and decide for yourself

#11814 71 days ago

I wonder how this pin ended up#2?? They haven't made that many yet! Also,folks are already making adjustments for better flow!We have asked Spooky to kindly make these adjustments in later runs! GB was a prime example of this!!Also the Milk Can shot on Houdini!!

#11815 71 days ago

*** Not my picture nor comments, posted in the R&M Facebook Group *****

spookycharlie

"Post rubbers very thin and don’t last long at all"

#11816 71 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

"Post rubbers very thin and don’t last long at all"

I replaced with cliffy sleeves. I really like his stuff. Holds up and easy to wipe clean.

That picture is what ours looked like after ~1000 plays.

#11817 71 days ago
D2B03A8E-CDD3-40D7-B02A-A0038A8EB548 (resized).jpeg
#11818 71 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

Glad Scott and Kaneda chatted it up! Was casual, friendly, and gave some insight for slight adjustments.
Nice to see a designer reach out to discuss his passion project, and equally so for a media dude to be receptive to discussion.
Seems like bigehrl John from Jack Bar has made changes, shoots much better, and will talk about it soon..!

Regardless of what people think of Kaneda, his opinions hold weight with his followers and I think it was really prudent for Scott to get ahead of this, just brilliant!

#11819 71 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think the positive with the rattle of that rail, which definitely exists, is that when it fails, at worst it heads up to the ship or down into the pops.
Personally, I'd like to see lots of footage of that shot, to see how effective those rails are.

True, but if you're looping to build up gold or just a high value skill shot, then failing at the top of the orbit kills that. The extra bracket I added definitely helps, I can try to grab some video next time I remove the upper playfield. But this is POTC talk and probably doesn't belong here

#11820 71 days ago

spookycharlie
"Post rubbers very thin and don’t last long at all"[quoted image]

I noticed that from the first photos and stream(?). I even asked a question about it back then because I thought they were just plain plastic standoffs getting beat to hell. Guess we gonna have to stock up on them

#11821 71 days ago

spookycharlie

I think these are the Pinball Life "perfect play" rubbers. Not 100% sure.

#11822 71 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

now the only question is how hard it gets hit by the people that will vote it down out of spite, lol.
Pinside top 100 has been broken for years.
Just go play the game and decide for yourself

It will definitely settle down into a slot somewhat lower than that either organically or by people intentionally rating it low. Jurassic Parked debuted at #1 briefly and settled in at #6 (also a great game).

Either way, great game and ranking anywhere near the top is a great achievement by Spooky.
Time will tell us where it settle and finds a stable place.

Congrats team Spooky.

#11823 71 days ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Unprecedented.

#11824 71 days ago

spookycharlie

Spooky should change over to urethane post sleeves or make it an option.

I put silicone in my Diner and it didnt last 500 games, total waste of time

Im using Cliffy sleeves on all my games now.

They are the best.

#11825 71 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Spooky should change over to urethane post sleeves or make it an option.
I put silicone in my Diner and it didnt last 500 games, total waste of time
Im using Cliffy sleeves on all my games now.
They are the best.

Got a direct link?
I would like to order these for my ACNC, as well as for my Rick and Morty when it arrives.

#11826 71 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I replaced with cliffy sleeves. I really like his stuff. Holds up and easy to wipe clean.
That picture is what ours looked like after ~1000 plays.

any chance of spooky upgrading what they use as stock?

#11827 71 days ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Got a direct link?
I would like to order these for my ACNC, as well as for my Rick and Morty when it arrives.

Here ya go:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

#11828 71 days ago

Those are the ones I use on all my games. Cliffy got it right on these and knows how to protect games from wear.

#11829 71 days ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Those are the ones I use on all my games. Cliffy got it right on these and knows how to protect games from wear.

I bought some of these to try on my JP2. They’re thick.... quite a bit thicker than the stern ‘narrow’ and/or tapered post sleeves.

#11830 71 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I bought some of these to try on my JP2. They’re thick.... quite a bit thicker than the stern ‘narrow’ and/or tapered post sleeves.

I have them on my BSD (best game). Those cliffy posts have lasted. I use titans on all slings, but I use Cliffys on my posts all day. Once I get R&M, I’ll do the same.

#11831 71 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I think the superband posts are a tad thinner. Same material...

#11832 71 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think the superband posts are a tad thinner. Same material...

I compared most of the offerings side by side when doing my Super high end restore of my Doctor Who.

The cliffy post sleeves won hands down.

The game plays like a dream and the posts are reactive and "just right".

#11833 70 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Unprecedented.

Says who? Most new games seem to debut at the top and then sink down a few spots. Come back in 12 months and see where it settles out.

#11834 70 days ago

spookycharlie

I think if Spooky's biggest QC right now is sub-par post sleeves, they are doing pretty darned good. At least it is something we can fix!

#11835 70 days ago

lol

guy does not even know what the 3rd flipper button does but the game apparently sucks...

gotta love this shit. You can't even make it up.

#11836 70 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
guy does not even know what the 3rd flipper button does but the game apparently sucks...
gotta love this shit. You can't even make it up.[quoted image]

With all the inane posts on Pinside, I didn't find that post offensive or bizarre.

#11837 70 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol

I didn't get the impression that he thought it sucked, he did rate it a 7 out of 10.

I got 4 kids at home now due to colleges closing early and the anti gravity ball save wasn't obvious to them either until I explained it. Maybe once the code is more mature and they get to the just polishing things off stage, they can put something on the LCD during attract mode to explain how the anti gravity button works. Kinda like how Stern has a quick "how to play sequence" on their newer LCD games but in a fun Rick and Morty style.

It sounds like the game he played may need some of the fine tuning that was discussed recently with Scott and Kaneda.

Speaking of which Hilton, I had a question earlier that you might have missed:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest taking some time to straighten out the bump in the orbit rail above the upper flipper.
In you gif I see the ball hoping off the rail so it is not coming directly parallel to the upper right flipper.
You ball is taking (the exagerated green line route) You want it to take the red line route so it comes off basically parallel and (depending on ball speed) sliding down the upper flipper.
Your game is going to shoot even better once you make that adjustment IMHO.[quoted image]

Quoted from docquest:

Can you elaborate what you mean by taking the bump out? Are you talking about simpley repositioning the metal guide by or did you need to bend it to correct some non-flatness?

#11838 70 days ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Tron (Gem shot)
or
R&M (Garage shot)

I had a Tron and currently have a RM. I think garage shot from 3'rd flipper is harder than Gem shot. That opinion could change change if the shots on RM get some further tweaking.

#11839 70 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

With all the inane posts on Pinside, I didn't find that post offensive or bizarre.

Quote from this review.
"One more thing I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the third button did"

I can understand that random people dont know about stuff like that.

If you are reviewing pinball machines on pinside but you dont have a clue about that button.... I can't take this seriously.

#11840 70 days ago

I didn't know ratings caused this much fun and excitement. Looks like I need to figure out how to rate my first game and join in.

#11841 70 days ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Quote from this review.
"One more thing I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the third button did"
I can understand that random people dont know about stuff like that.
If you are reviewing pinball machines on pinside but you dont have a clue about that button.... I can't take this seriously.

Please. Random posts/comments aren't what I'd call a credible review!

Just because the dude didn't get the third button doesn't mean all other comments are vacuous.

#11842 70 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

Speaking of which Hilton, I had a question earlier that you might have missed:

sorry, missed that.

Yes, just preposition the metal guide.

That gif showed the ball hoping off the rail so it was 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the flipper before the shot could be taken.
Adjusting the guide rail so the ball travels parallel to the upper right flipper provides you with the correct geometry and plenty of power/angle to make both the spinner loop and garage shot.

#11843 70 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol

Can we stop with the calling out of people's ratings?

#11844 70 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Can we stop with the calling out of people's ratings?

I rate Palmer a solid 8.5 based on this message

#11845 70 days ago

#11846 70 days ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

[quoted image]

I am of no help here as this will just throw you off.

I am number 34 and I am expecting my machine early next week BUT that's because it is a butter cab. Part of the first completed butter runs.

That's why I asked above if the guy voluntarily paid his balance or if they asked him to pay. Based on my experience with ACNC I was asked to finish my final payment pretty much the same week as they shipped.

If that is the case then the guy above with build number 70 something should be accurate less the butters in between.

#11848 70 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]

sooo...delays? (aside from the current possibilities)

#11849 70 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, missed that.
Yes, just preposition the metal guide.
That gif showed the ball hoping off the rail so it was 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the flipper before the shot could be taken.
Adjusting the guide rail so the ball travels parallel to the upper right flipper provides you with the correct geometry and plenty of power/angle to make both the spinner loop and garage shot.

I also had the bump. Repositioning the metal guide rail to be straighter and spaced closer to the flipper made the upper flippers shots more consistent, especially when the ball was.going fast (which is often in this game)

In my case, the top of the inner wood rail was right against the rail. I had to take out 2 screws under the playfield holding the the top portion inner wooden rail to the playfield so I could move the wooden rail along with the metal guide down and straighten it. Once the metal guide was where I wanted it, I secured the wood rail back to the playfield. It only moved a small amount so the same holes to hold the wooden rail to the playfiled were still usable.

Also noticed there was a metal post with a rubber ring on it behind the metal guide rail as well. No idea why that would be there since its inaccessible by the ball.

guide rail fix (resized).jpg
#11850 70 days ago

How do we get the adjustment posts key posted so when the rest of us get our games we can easily reference IF needed. Dont want anyone getting burnt out answering the same questions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
11,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 17.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
There are 12063 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 242.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside