20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 246.
#951 4 years ago

It’s unfortunate Nelson. Go look it up. Not good stuff.

#952 4 years ago

Never seen the show. Will check out this weekend and report back. Happy this isn't another title for old men

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Happy this isn't another title for old men.

Yeah I hear JJP has that covered with GNR; can you imagine?!

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I hear JJP has that covered with GNR; can you imagine?!

Replace GnR with iron maiden and then you have the old men title. Do the math

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Never seen the show. Will check out this weekend and report back. Happy this isn't another title for old men

Who did you mistakenly think that the world of pinball is full of?

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Never seen the show. Will check out this weekend and report back.

Don't lose hope early into it; I didn't care for the first couple that much.

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm young, grew up on Maiden and go to shows whenever I can. the average age of attendees at shows, especially up on the rail (and those I see walking around VIP and merch areas), is between 18 and 30. While they are a band comprised of old men, the preponderance of the fan base at live shows is young. Just see Rock in Rio for an example.

GnR on the other hand... the reunion live shows demonstrated mostly late 40s to early 50s with a speckling of youth here and there.

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I'm young, grew up on Maiden and go to shows whenever I can. the average age of attendees at shows, especially up on the rail (and those I see walking around VIP and merch areas), is between 18 and 30. While they are a band comprised of old men, the preponderance of the fan base at live shows is young. Just see Rock in Rio for an example.
GnR on the other hand... the reunion live shows demonstrated mostly late 40s to early 50s with a speckling of youth here and there.

So iron maiden fans are 18-30?

Haha ok not even going to continue.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So iron maiden fans are 18-30?
Haha ok not even going to continue.

of course there are maiden fans in that age bracket

just like in the 80's there were plenty of highschool kids that loved Zepplin, Sabbath, The Who etc

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't figured out which is older than I, but I believe old man Axl was born 4 days after I was.

All I can say is thank goodness I'm not old... or fat.

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Stern uses plastic switch mounts too..

Pretty sure I've said this to you before in person, but using Stern as a guide for quality of parts used in a game isn't a good idea. They have their issues too, and parts quality is right up there.

No doubt Spooky is improving everyday. And current production is leaps and bounds better than the first games. Can't ask for much more than that.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

It's cool. One less person we have to fight to get one of the 750.

Keep talk'n shit & I will buy one to flip. To you. At a hefty premium.

(not really)

For real tho I don't know if thousands are needed. I just like knowing it's possible. FOMO & such.

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

...but using Stern as a guide for quality of parts used in a game isn't a good idea....

Or anyone lately to be honest.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Pretty sure I've said this to you before in person, but using Stern as a guide for quality of parts used in a game isn't a good idea. They have their issues too, and parts quality it's right up there.
No doubt Spooky is improving everyday. And current production is leaps and bounds better than the first games. Can't ask for much more than that.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

As an operator of every Stern game in the past 5+ years, they should often be used as an example of what NOT to do.

Most recently... don’t use cheap ass screws for flipper plates (drilling multiple snapped off screws is not fun on route) and done use those shit coil stops.

Flipper parts are the most important in the entire game. stern has royally Fd that up for the past 1.5 years.

Finally got to the point that could stops need to be stocked in bulk and we bought a pile of spare flipper plates to make it easier to swap on the fly rather than drill on location

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or anyone lately to be honest.

I haven't heard of any of deeproots games breaking down on location or in home use yet.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't heard of any of deeproots games breaking down on location or in home use yet.

WEll maybe some have? I hear they're so cheap you just buy them by the dozen, bad flipper just grab a new machine from the back!

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Man I am so out of today's TV shows because I do not watch that much TV. I have to admit I have never even seen Rick and Morty
I always had in my mind that it would be really hard to top TNA(a pure masterpiece) and for me theme is huge and because I have no idea who Rick and Morty is-it will be a pass for me.

Just because you are not familiar with it won’t necessarily mean you won’t like it.

When the LOTR game came out, I had never read the books or watched the movies. The game totally grabbed me, it remains one of my favorites.

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Baby Legs an interdimensional cable bit. They're improv scenes that the animators take and animate with little to no direction.

Best part of the show, IMHO. The show seems half-improv all the time, but the cable shows leave my jaw slack every time I see them.

Oh man, what if there are fake doors on the pin? Drops that immediately pop up?

#969 4 years ago

I have seriously been called a sonofabitch more in the last 2 days than my other 51 years combined.
Apparently people are watching the hell out of season 4!
I'm in.

Watching Season 4 now I can't help but think "they put this scene in cause it would be a great pinball mode". Collect the heist members? Are you serious!? That's practically MADE to be a way to qualify a mode!

#970 4 years ago

I have seriously been called a sonofabitch more in the last 2 days than my other 51 years combined.
Apparently people are watching the hell out of season 4!
I'm in.

Reveal soon?

#971 4 years ago

If you’re in the fang club does early access mean you buy direct through spooky or can you still use a distributor?

#972 4 years ago

All I know is I want to be one of the lucky 750 to get this.
I wanted a Rob Zombie so bad but missed the boat on getting one . It took me a long time to find one local to me for sale and finally found one for trade. I have it in my collection and it is NEVER leaving. I love Spooky

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

If you’re in the fang club does early access mean you buy direct through spooky or can you still use a distributor?

Fang Club gets you the option to buy the Blood Sucker Edition, and reserve your game two weeks early.

You can buy your games through whatever distributor you'd like, including Spooky directly.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Just because you are not familiar with it won’t necessarily mean you won’t like it.

I have to admit I felt totally out of the picture and ignorant, so I went to youtube and watched some of the highlights-including celebrity guest appearances. Rick's voice is very catchy and reminds me of Bob Odenkirk in a way, very dry and subtle. I think my issue is I really haven't been able to get into the adult swim cartoon series over the last decade or so. After Simpsons I kinda gave up on adult cartoons. Never got into Family Guy, Family Dad, Futurama, Southpark, etc. For me theme holds a lot of weight. People say I never watched CSI, or 24, etc. Well-I did and I enjoyed them so I bought the machines. I am not able to get into Batman66, Munsters, Iron Maiden, ACNC, Elvira, and a few others strictly because I am not into the themes. Lots of great playing games out there with great themes, so why not play what puts a smile on your face. I do need to reserve my judgment until I have a chance to play it. Scott blew me away with TNA and I am sure it will have some really cool features. I really do like what Spooky is doing and wish them nothing but the best, to have several pinball manufactures making pinballs today is a blessing and I need to count my blessings. Hoping it blows my socks off and I can get over the theme (or better yet get into the theme).

#975 4 years ago

I lost some enthusiasm for pinball recently but this is definitely bringing me back in. I couldn't care less about kids themes or outdated SciFi. Rick and Morty? Sign me the F up!

Just don't screw it up Spooky. Don't hold back.

PICKLE RICK!!!

#976 4 years ago

Where can I find a list of distributors?

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I watch R&M regularly, and enjoy it. I'm looking forward to this game. Hopefully there will be at least 1 on route in Minnesota.

You know John Galvin will have one at Tilt.

It should do really well too, especially with the perfect demographics around Tilt.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

As an operator of every Stern game in the past 5+ years, they should often be used as an example of what NOT to do.
Most recently... don’t use cheap ass screws for flipper plates (drilling multiple snapped off screws is not fun on route) and done use those shit coil stops.
Flipper parts are the most important in the entire game. stern has royally Fd that up for the past 1.5 years.
Finally got to the point that could stops need to be stocked in bulk and we bought a pile of spare flipper plates to make it easier to swap on the fly rather than drill on location

Missing one of the very important factors for many when comparing with stern offerings; My TNA playfield doesn't resemble the surface of the moon, not full of Craters. Same can not be said for most stern playfields.

"Dimpling is normal!" .... stern Craters? ... still the running joke of pinball in this century.

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do need to reserve my judgment until I have a chance to play it.

You'll be able to play mine next time you're in cali... with all the fixins.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I wish it were Stern and not Spooky... And only because I would like to see this table hold up to being Routed.. And produced in larger numbers. With that said, I will be buying a gently used, second hand one, in the next year or two.

Pmsl ... ROTF!

It isn't all that easy to find a TNA to buy right now .... and that is an unlicenced theme without an existing pre-established fan base.

Good luck with that anyway ....

I'm So glad stern are Not the makers of this. If they were I would have to reluctantly give it a miss, based on my experience with poor build quality/materials. Maybe they would make more units.... BUT most of the features such a title deserves would be cut out, removed, ditched; so would just be a disapointment for too many fans (check Star Wars).... Quality and Value over Quantity for this title, Absolutely!

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You'll be able to play mine next time you're in cali... with all the fixins.

What really makes me happy is seeing people's excitement! Yes I will be checking it out for sure!

Good stuff seeing O-din excited over a new machine! For some reason that makes me smile

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't lose hope early into it; I didn't care for the first couple that much.

So reporting back after watching episode 1.

I liked it. Has a bttf vibe no doubt and the humor is good enough to laugh here and there. Ok I'm going in for more.

See pinball does open you up to new things! Haha

#983 4 years ago

Just joined the Fang Club. Huge fan of R&M show.

#984 4 years ago

Would be fascinated to know how many new Fang Club members have been added above the old loyalty program, just in the past few days....

If loyalty program members were automatically rolled over to Fang Club, there might already be >750 in the club.... ?

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What really makes me happy is seeing people's excitement! Yes I will be checking it out for sure!

What really make me happy is when you and yours show up at the door.

#986 4 years ago

I’m glad Scott is on this, as he turned me on to show a couple years back

#987 4 years ago

How am I gonna decide what game to sell to make room!?!?

575E2AE7-ED75-42B7-9612-F0FB137F0B3E.jpeg575E2AE7-ED75-42B7-9612-F0FB137F0B3E.jpeg
#988 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What really make me happy is when you and yours show up at the door

Been craving me some El Farolito with Nimblenuts-hopefully sooner than later fo sho.

El Farolito..jpgEl Farolito..jpgEl Farolito.jpgEl Farolito.jpg
#989 4 years ago

I called yesterday afternoon, about 200 members in the club. Im sure that bumped up a bit.

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I called yesterday afternoon, about 200 members in the club. Im sure that bumped up a bit.

Total or new? So essentially there are only 200 members? If so that should pretty much guarantee a RaM pin to any Fang Club members that want them.

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:I called yesterday afternoon, about 200 members in the club. Im sure that bumped up a bit.

I'm certainly one of them.

Kinda wondering with more distributers now, which would be the best way to go to get an early spot even if you are already a past Spooky customer.

I have decided to go straight to the source as Charlie, as busy as he must be, seems to have no problem replying to e-mails pronto. Like I said before, he's too cool for school.

Quoted from pinmister:

Been craving me some El Farolito with Nimblenuts-hopefully sooner than later fo sho.

We can certainly do that.

#992 4 years ago

I never saw an episode before this game was announced. I don't watch TV very much.

I jumped on Hulu before I went to bed the other night to give it a go. I got to some episode about a guy trying to lose 2 strokes off his golf game. I laughed so hard I started to cry. Totally relatable as I'm an avid golfer, and it was mixed with these strange Meeseeks things to make it even funnier. My stomach literally hurt from laughing. I couldn't go to bed so I was watching episodes until about 2AM.

I am in line man. I got into the fang club right when it opened and before this game was announced. I hope to be one of the ones in front of the line, because when I'm given the chance to buy it, I'm pulling the trigger immediately.

Spooky is such a great company. This is already a home run and it hasn't been released yet. Way to go you guys!

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I saw it for the first time last week. Horrible / crude show. Unwatchable in my view. This title would never make it into my home.

Your home doesn't sound like a fun place anyone in this thread wants to go to anyway...

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I’m glad Scott is on this, as he turned me on

Do tell.

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

have decided to go straight to the source as Charlie, as busy as he must be, seems to have no problem replying to e-mails pronto. Like I said before, he's too cool for school.

Same here. I got ACNC through a distributor, and... there was NO added value to it at all. (Granted, nothing extra was charged, either. But since I'm going to pay the same amount? I'd personally rahter make sure Spooky got all the money.)

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Your home doesn't sound like a fun place anyone wants to go to anyway.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#997 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Where can I find a list of distributors?

Spooky Pinball (WI Based)
PinballStar Amusements (PA Based)
KingPin Games (WI Based)
Nitro Amusements (WA Based)
Lock When Lit (MO Based)

I believe that is it for USA distributors.

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

If loyalty program members were automatically rolled over to Fang Club, there might already be >750 in the club.... ?

I don't think so, pretty sure he said on the podcast that was the point of the fang club.. he can't possibly fullfill all previous customers (even though some are repeat).

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

They should of kept the spooky theme and created a Evil dead or Halloween pin. Not really interested in this. I doubt they will sell 750 of these.

You can tell who the old guys are just by going through the thread and seeing some of these posts. Guys wondering what this is or suggesting themes that nobody born after 2000 has ever heard of.

Not bagging on any of you for your age but come on, Evil Dead? Halloween? Someone mentioned Munsters? Maybe if you make a pin with a theme that people under 20 have heard about pinball will survive beyond those trying to recapture their youth.

This is the absolute best theme any new pinball machine could have if any new machine could have any theme in existence. I'm so excited I almost shit on the floor.

I'm going to get so fucking schwifty.

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Spooky Pinball (WI Based)
PinballStar Amusements (PA Based)
KingPin Games (WI Based)
Nitro Amusements (WA Based)
Lock When Lit (MO Based)
I believe that is it for USA distributors.

I guess Wisconsin is about as close as any to where I live anyway.

The distributer in my town only sells new Stern, JJP, American, and CGC.

I do however go by there once a week to say hello.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 20.00
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.