20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 246.
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's the plan. Though, at least so far, the dimensions alter the game, but don't have a lot of interactive rules of their own.

There is a water world dimension, with an animated blue light show and it's own music -- but as mentioned, thus far, the dimensions aren't interactive (ie: shoot shots to stay alive)
Right now, the dimensions fall into three basic groups: Points increased somehow (Ramps 2x, Spinner 3x, etc), Game function affected (Pop bumper disabled, flipper function altered) and Feature/Fun dimensions that just do fun/silly things - like Water world.
All subject to change, of course.

That sounds like a great foundation, even more excited now.

#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This shows the purple's texture and shine alot better. Hard to see in photos but in person it really pops.[quoted image]

Beauty!!!!

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This shows the purple's texture and shine alot better. Hard to see in photos but in person it really pops.[quoted image]

Is it more of a violet or a purple?

#4554 4 years ago

Very purple but with a bright metallic powder in it.

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm scratching my head a bit, that there's no ball jumping through a portal, from ramp to ramp. I think RAZA showed something like that.

RAZA’s had like 7 years to barely exist, scam people, die, get resurrected by a blowhard a-hole, and still barely exists. Scratch your head at Jpop being employed.

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Dope {{{{~~ BUUUUURRRRPPPP ~~}}}}

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Is anyone else going to avoid all videos and stuff of the game until it shows up at their door? I like to go in fresh Gonna be hard though lol.

I did that with family guy, didn’t see a single picture

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Can you powdercoat the coin door or tell us the color so we can get it done?

#4559 4 years ago

Did Stern design the playfield art ? My lord, could this be worse than Star Wars?

#4560 4 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Did Stern design the playfield art ? My lord, could this be worse than Star Wars?

Hey-O!

#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Is anyone else going to avoid all videos and stuff of the game until it shows up at their door? I like to go in fresh Gonna be hard though lol.

No.

#4562 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

RAZA’s had like 7 years to barely exist, scam people, die, get resurrected by a blowhard a-hole, and still barely exists. Scratch your head at Jpop being employed.

I'm not really excited for RAZA. I certainly didn't put money down on it, and most likely won't, like I did Rick and Morty the other day.

I'm not even directly comparing machines, or creators. I'm mentioning a design option, utilizing a physical form of a portal, which outside the four leads, seems to be the most dominant aspect of the show, and how it could be effectively conveyed in game.

It also would have been neat to see the portal gun sway and move akin to STNG.

Wanting more, or visualizing things differently, isn't a bad thing, and doesn't mean I don't hope to enjoy the machine greatly.

We are also able to discuss games detached from companies and creative leads, like any form of art, and still do so and appreciate these things for what they don't and do offer us as consumers.

Sidenote. I scratch my head more at the fact that he's seemingly that competent a designer, that's created unlicensed games that have held their value, and are pretty beloved. No matter what you think of the guy personally, some of his games are brilliant.

I doubt I respect, or could anyway, any of the CEO's from Mickie D's or Walmart, yet I've still bought their products over the years.

#4563 4 years ago

To have the ball go into the portal/house and instantly appear elsewhere on the playfield is a major achiement.

It has me very intrigued.

Looks like great fun!

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It also would have been neat to see the portal gun sway and move akin to STNG.

I'm not a huge fan of cannons, but I see how that might have been a clever way of opening a portal. There is always "more" though and at a certain part you have to prioritize. I mean, I also want an interactive spinning portal in the backglass.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I doubt I respect, or could anyway, any of the CEO's from Mickie D's or Walmart, yet I've still bought their products over the years.

Here in Reno we have McDonald's inside the Walmart.

"Mind Blown!"... lol

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm not a huge fan of cannons, but I see how that might have been a clever way of opening a portal. There is always "more" though and at a certain part you have to prioritize.

Yeah, at a certain point things just can't be afforded. Stern can probably get higher amounts of everything cheaper, and this game still has as much, or more, aspects than several of their games this past year.

I'm excited to see/hear code and clip integration, and modes. I have a feeling that'll go a long way to balance and enhance things!

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Here in Reno we have McDonald's inside the Walmart.
"Mind Blown!"... lol

You are living in paradise it seems, my friend!

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Find the parasite.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

I don't know what you were expecting but the art looks just like the cartoon. Maybe they could have hired Matt Groening to make them look like the Simpson's lol.

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Can you powdercoat the coin door or tell us the color so we can get it done?

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PRB-4539/purple-mirage-river

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Wanting more, or visualizing things differently, isn't a bad thing, and doesn't mean I don't hope to enjoy the machine greatly.

That’s fine, but when you compare it to a total
shitshow project that has left many “casualties” in its wake...I dunno, it’s a little diminishing to a humble talent like Scott who didn’t just say he could do it all - he DID IT with TNA...and is doing it again. We’ll have 2 Danesi games before anyone will ever see a manufactured functioning Jpop game.

Quoted from wesman:

We are also able to discuss games detached from companies and creative leads, like any form of art, and still do so and appreciate these things for what they don't and do offer us as consumers.

Pinball is a very very small world...can you think of any other product like this where the buyers & creators have almost total access to each other? Yes, pinball is a business, but it still operates very much like a close knit hobby. So, sorry - some of us can’t separate the “art from the artist” with pinball. It’s too close. I saw Jpop’s cult scam for what it was from day 1. He should not be allowed employment in pinball after what he did. I’ll never buy of even play a Derp Poop game due to Robert’s arrogance & Jpop’s involvement. I would never buy anything from Barry at DP after what they’ve done. This is a small hobby. We don’t have to entertain scoundrels when there are good people making games.

Quoted from wesman:

I scratch my head more at the fact that he's seemingly that competent a designer, that's created unlicensed games that have held their value, and are pretty beloved. No matter what you think of the guy personally, some of his games are brilliant.

He was surrounded by the absolute best of the best at Bally Williams. They had the talent & budget to make his ideas come to life. There are plenty of stories of others like Steve Ritchie having to step in and save his projects. The truth is, he’s a maniac. Hard to work with. Delusions of grandeur. There’s a REASON Stern never hired Jpop when they were scooping up all the other B/W talent...and some of that talent isn’t always easy to work with as well - so that should tell you how poisonous they considered Jpop.

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I will shit on the floor if this song isn't in there.

hmmmm ??

Well, if get schwifty IS in there ... well far out! that will be S#it on the Floor!

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s fine, but when you compare it to a total
shitshow project that has left many “casualties” in its wake...I dunno, it’s a little diminishing to a humble talent like Scott who didn’t just say he could do it all - he DID IT with TNA...and is doing it again. We’ll have 2 Danesi games before anyone will ever see a manufactured functioning Jpop game.

Pinball is a very very small world...can you think of any other product like this where the buyers & creators have almost total access to each other? Yes, pinball is a business, but it still operates very much like a close knit hobby. So, sorry - some of us can’t separate the “art from the artist” with pinball. It’s too close. I saw Jpop’s cult scam for what it was from day 1. He should not be allowed employment in pinball after what he did. I’ll never buy of even play a Derp Poop game due to Robert’s arrogance & Jpop’s involvement. I would never buy anything from Barry at DP after what they’ve done. This is a small hobby. We don’t have to entertain scoundrels when there are good people making games.

He was surrounded by the absolute best of the best at Bally Williams. They had the talent & budget to make his ideas come to life. There are plenty of stories of others like Steve Ritchie having to step in and save his projects. The truth is, he’s a maniac. Hard to work with. Delusions of grandeur. There’s a REASON Stern never hired Jpop when they were scooping up all the other B/W talent...and some of that talent isn’t always easy to work with as well - so that should tell you how poisonous they considered Jpop.

I was comparing one feature found in a game, to another game where I'd enjoy seeing something along those lines, different, etc.

I have no beef or cheers for Jpop. I don't know any designers or anyone in the pinball world on a deeply personal level. So for me personally to judge them, doesn't make sense. Most of my coworkers, family, hell...anyone, I don't know well enough to judge. I can only accurately judge myself. (If we all operated the world as such, it'd be a much kinder place...) ((Ironically, a judgment, haha!))

So umm, let's leave the Jpop tyrades and demolition for another thread, or just bury it entirely. It's tired, overdone, and isn't necessary here, as I in no way invoked the eerily spooky, no pun intended, name of Jpop to cast any dispersions on him or this or that game.

Sheesh man. For a guy with a pickle as his current icon, maybe tone down the hate.

#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's the plan. Though, at least so far, the dimensions alter the game, but don't have a lot of interactive rules of their own.

There is a water world dimension, with an animated blue light show and it's own music -- but as mentioned, thus far, the dimensions aren't interactive (ie: shoot shots to stay alive)
Right now, the dimensions fall into three basic groups: Points increased somehow (Ramps 2x, Spinner 3x, etc), Game function affected (Pop bumper disabled, flipper function altered) and Feature/Fun dimensions that just do fun/silly things - like Water world.
All subject to change, of course.

A reverse dimension, where the right flipper bottom activates the left one and the left does the right one. All targets will deduct points instead of gaining but the right combination of ramps will grant you double points. The lights are off on the playfield...but starts turning on once you hit the same target that will take the points off.

#4574 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballphotos:

A reverse dimension, where the right flipper bottom activates the left one and the left does the right one. All targets will deduct points instead of gaining but the right combination of ramps will grant you double points. The lights are off on the playfield...but starts turning on once you hit the same target that will take the points off.

and in "nevertime" I will be able to master this mode

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I have no beef or cheers for Jpop. I don't know any designers or anyone in the pinball world on a deeply personal level. So for me personally to judge them, doesn't make sense.

So his crimes didn’t affect you - try having some empathy for those he stole from & lies to. Be aware of the story and how he affected people here before just invoking him like there’s no context behind him and his story.

Quoted from wesman:

Sheesh man. For a guy with a pickle as his current icon, maybe tone down the hate

Don’t dismiss discussion of the facts concerning charlatans & their documented schemes as “hate”. That makes it seems as though there’s no rationale or context.

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don’t dismiss discussion of the facts concerning charlatans & their documented schemes as “hate”. That makes it seems as though there’s no rationale or context.

I always appreciate when someone brings up Jpop and his scumbaggery. The guy is a scam artist and the fact that DR hired him goes to show how much integrity they have. I will never buy a DR game.

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I always appreciate when someone brings up Jpop and his scumbaggery. The guy is a scam artist and the fact that DR hired him goes to show how much integrity they have. I will never buy a DR game.

Not to mention RAZA looks like crap

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

See my post, I'll wait too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/89#post-5360396

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballphotos:

There are already dimensions that alter flipper behavior - but they don't pile on all of this sadistic nonsense. Cripes. Are you doing ok? Can we help?

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There are already dimensions that alter flipper behavior - but they don't pile on all of this sadistic nonsense. Cripes. Are you doing ok? Can we help?

Touché

#4581 4 years ago

Will it have a dog on j-pop mode?

#4582 4 years ago

I got a doo doo in my butt and I don’t know what to do

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I would think players should also want to visit different dimensions.

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So his crimes didn’t affect you - try having some empathy for those he stole from & lies to. Be aware of the story and how he affected people here before just invoking him like there’s no context behind him and his story.

I stated I mentioned an aspect of a game he's helped designed. From what you've said of how he's leaned on others, he might not even be directly responsible for that aspect of this game.

I never directly invoked him. I mentioned a game element from something he and others are working on, same as I did with STNG.

As much as I hate the term, please don't gaslight me. Don't infer how I feel about his abuse of others, their funds, their hopes, their agony from a situation like that. I never once dismissed or mentioned any of those situations with him. YOU brought the issues he's had in his past, directly into a comment I made about a ramp. A friggin' ramp.

And yes, there is no direct context here. I didn't herald him as a saint, yet now you're judging me as being dismissive, when I simply said let's leave the creator out of this, and let's maybe not judge people so much. Yet...you fire back with judgment of me.

You had Ren as your prior avatar. Clearly you were able to separate art from creator there. But now for some reason, you jump to flame fires here, and create them, rather than simply chill.

Take this to PM if you really want to morally joust with me more.

Speaking of, personally, I've met two types of people in this world. Those that speak of moral codes. Those that don't. Both kinds always break them, myself included. For me, I trust more the people that don't pontificate and profess moral superiority above others.

Quoted from Palmer:

As noted above. I mentioned a game feature. I didn't throw gas into this by directly injecting hate and disdain, that was the Hero above.

Man, if a person can't mention a game feature on this forum, sans having others feed on hate and vitriol, this is a pretty disturbing place to read and discuss.

Welcome to....Pinside???

#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I got a doo doo in my butt and I don’t know what to do

Biologically speaking, the butt is a nut

#4586 4 years ago

Can we start a Rick and Morty club thread now?

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Once we get to 5000 post.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Artwork looks brilliant imo without characters slapped all over it, the playfield is done in the style of the show, creating the story of the game and it looks awesome when lit.

Star Wars on the other hand was completely uninspired and lacklustre especially for the theme.

#4589 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Take this to PM if you really want to morally joust with me more.

Nah. We’re done. This thread doesn’t deserve any more of this. Hitting “the button”. Suggest you do the same.

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Aparently having the game listed in pinside, and people owning them, is not enough...

Also dumb that there's two entries for one game... because of an armour upgrade??

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is that the edition size?
turns out this hair-do was a hint???
[quoted image]

He is ogling her goodies

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Aparently having the game listed in pinside, and people owning them, is not enough...

At least in a club thread there is usually less non related back and forth bickering.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

He is ogling her goodies

I would hope so. They are besties after all

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah. We’re done. This thread doesn’t deserve any more of this. Hitting “the button”. Suggest you do the same.

Agreed. I certainly didn't intend for an argument to develop from simply suggesting a feature that I wouldn't mind seeing in this game.

#4595 4 years ago

If the mods let it stand, I started a Club thread since this one understandably asploded with all the excitement and is a resultant mess of posts.

But as the better club threads so, let's try to migrate actual tangible game discussion over there. This one can remain the place for orders, speculation, gripes, JPOP, and whatnot

#4596 4 years ago

Am I the only one who ordered who’s never seen a full episode of rick and morty?

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Am I the only one who ordered who’s never seen a full episode of Rick and Morty?

No. I'm in the same boat.
What sold me was the extensive video and audio clips from the show along with the new audio recorded specifically for the game. The screen is ideal for displaying high-definition color cartoon images and all the content will be new to me, so playing the game will be like exploring it along with the characters. And I liked Scott's design and playfield layout.

#4599 4 years ago

Just an FYI, the art was done by a CN artist that does their Rick and Morty stuff.

I think it turned out fantastic!

--Scott

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Am I the only one who ordered who’s never seen a full episode of rick and morty?

I came for the cheese pump and it looks like I'll be leaving with a Rick and Morty pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.