20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 246.
#6651 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

<checks phone>
It’s 2020! You still use checks? And mail?
New Zealand banks don’t even make checks anymore ... nobody uses them.
rd

New Zealand has a population of like 10 people.

#6652 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jesus Christ, I thought Richie Wrench spam insanity was limited to JJP game threads.

DANG -- There was alot of upvotes on this post - Am I that bad?

Okay -- Okay -- I get it.

#6653 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

<checks phone>
rd

Hmm, well that would be great if I didnt have to pay my quarterly taxes or school taxes...

#6654 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

For the right amount of money you can be Chris of PinballSTAR a division of Kingpin... lmao - buy me, no you buy me...

You know if I was to sell my plumbing business and open a Pinball business -- Maybe I could buy both of you.....Hmmmm

I still think my margins are better in plumbing....But its an interesting thought.

#6655 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Maybe I could buy both of you.....Hmmmm
I still think my margins are better in plumbing....But its an interesting thought.

Sounds like a pipe dream.

#6656 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

New Zealand has a population of like 10 people.

Then if we can work it out ...

Quoted from tiltmonster:

Hmm, well that would be great if I didnt have to pay my quarterly taxes or school taxes...

I pay the NZ IRS any tax payment needed straight out of my bank account in 20 seconds. They always get it. No checks get lost in the mail. No moron enters the wrong number at their office.

Everyone has a bank account. Bank transfers are simple.

rd

#6657 4 years ago

In business there is no way I could operate without writing checks.
In some cases thats the only option for paying a supplier.

In my personal life I probably write fewer than a check a month.

#6658 4 years ago

Scott mentioned on the podcast that his favorite Rick and Morty Episode is the one where there the aliens create a simulation within a simulation: M. Night Shaym-Aliens (Season 1, episode 4).

How fun would it be for a mode require you to make shots to try to clog the processing power of the simulation, which then glitches out your actual Rick and Morty pinball machine:

-Slowing and looping audio
-Making lights flash, and shudder
-LCD having video glitches
-repeating callouts, etc

Then dimming/turning off most lights, and you have to hit the scoop within 30 seconds to escape the simulation before the pin reboots.

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm just trying to spare you a big hit. Not sure how long you've beem collecting, but lots of us have seen this play out many times before. Initial hype leading to irrational behavior. Tons of these will trade hands, likely hundreds, before the last NIB buyer even gets theirs. It will be faster and cheaper to simply buy one second hand at this point. And once the hype wears off in a few weeks, or a few months, this will just be another pin.

I agree with you completely. The long patient approach is the way to go. Yah I’ve been collecting for just a couple years. I do understand the psychology of FOMO and how the used market works. And ultimately there will be a day when we can find some RAMs in the Bay Area used. The psychological component of not having a reservation, wanting a limited game, and looking for an option to grab a spot is where this capitalistic indiscretion comes from.

But then I guess what is the price where it’s not a big hit to you personally where it’s worth it to get in line earlier for a NIB machine on a theme you really want?

These $6000 asks for a $1500 reservation are insane. But with a $1K markup for an early spot for a NIB RAM - it’s palatable. If RAM is one of the lucky games that stands the test of time and holds its value, then you stand to loose this markup. A very small chance demand exceeds supply long term and it demands a premium. So this $1K may break even.

Anyway - my 2c.

#6660 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I agree with you completely. The long patient approach is the way to go. Yah I’ve been collecting for just a couple years. I do understand the psychology of FOMO and how the used market works. And ultimately there will be a day when we can find some RAMs in the Bay Area used. The psychological component of not having a reservation, wanting a limited game, and looking for an option to grab a spot is where this capitalistic indiscretion comes from.
But then I guess what is the price where it’s not a big hit to you personally where it’s worth it to get in line earlier for a NIB machine on a theme you really want?
These $6000 asks for a $1500 reservation are insane. But with a $1K markup for an early spot for a NIB RAM - it’s palatable. If RAM is one of the lucky games that stands the test of time and holds its value, then you stand to loose this markup. A very small chance demand exceeds supply long term and it demands a premium. So this $1K may break even.
Anyway - my 2c.

I still find it funny that people see this as an “investment”... this is a hobby of expensive toys...enjoy the toy and move on. If it were a classic car, let me know how you did in 50 years, but to speculate now...not smart.

#6661 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I still find it funny that people see this as an “investment”... this is a hobby of expensive toys...enjoy the toy and move on. If it were a classic car, let me know how you did in 50 years, but to speculate now...not smart.

Agree. It’s money spent. But because they live their life at home, they do retain value once you decide to sell them.

For guys with small collections, it’s desirable to turn them over once they become stale. If we had to throw them in the trash whenever we wanted a new title, not many would venture to build collections. The fact that someone can invest $40K in a modest collection and keep it fresh with minimal losses over time by selling and trading is compelling and helps keep collectors going.

So yah - it’s not horrible to “speculate” if a title will retain value, or plummet (like a BKSOR). People also make bets in the stock market. It’s not crazy to look at a title and make a guess if it will plummet or float.

#6662 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Scott mentioned on the podcast that his favorite Rick and Morty Episode is the one where there the aliens create a simulation within a simulation: M. Night Shaym-Aliens (Season 1, episode 4).
How fun would it be for a mode require you to make shots to try to clog the processing power of the simulation, which then glitches out your actual Rick and Morty pinball machine:
-Slowing and looping audio
-Making lights flash, and shudder
-LCD having video glitches
-repeating callouts, etc
Then dimming/turning off most lights, and you have to hit the scoop within 30 seconds to escape the simulation before the pin reboots.

I can already see the post in the owner's thread, "RAM acting odd in particular mode, please help!"

#6663 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

<checks phone>
rd

<checks phone>

It’s 2020. You still play pinball?

In Australia people only play on their phone.

#6664 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

These $6000 asks for a $1500 reservation are insane

Its $7500 with a 1500 down payment and balance due when your pin goes on the line. A bit different from your saying.

#6665 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s 2020! You still use checks?

Paying with a check instead of a CC puts a little extra cash in Spooky's coffers. It's basically like handing them an extra $100.

#6666 4 years ago

Blows my mind Stranger Things has been on route near me since the 24th I mean holy shit can Stern crank out some machines.

#6667 4 years ago

When did this become the stranger things thread??

Ohh yeah.... trolls. Soz

#6668 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Blows my mind Stranger Things has been on route near me since the 24th I mean holy shit can Stern crank out some machines.

Yep, no matter how incomplete they are, they keep pushing them out.

#6669 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Heeeey, take it easy there.... flippers work, slings, trough, launcher, theme .... that's complete enough to site isn't it?.

#6670 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yep, and Mc Donalds sells a lot more hamburgs than the mom and pop burger joint down the street from my house.

Ask me which one I eat at more often.

#6671 4 years ago

Wow, 10 people in NZ. So that’s nearly all the population getting a Rick and Morty pinball.

Nice work on that RotaDave

#6672 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Its $7500 with a 1500 down payment and balance due when your pin goes on the line. A bit different from your saying.

Some selling BSE earlier reservations of $1500 for $4000-$5000. That is $2500-$3500 profit on that reservation.

You’d hope $500 or less would buy a spot. But it seems $1K for a spot is market markup at the moment.

#6673 4 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Wow, 10 people in NZ. So that’s nearly all the population getting a Rick and Morty pinball.
Nice work on that RotaDave

I try my best ...

rd

#6674 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

E5B20F48-1DFB-4816-9EBD-B68FB2911153 (resized).jpegE5B20F48-1DFB-4816-9EBD-B68FB2911153 (resized).jpeg
#6675 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Spooky Pinball has their latest podcast up, discussing Rick and Morty, I will be listening:
https://www.spookypinball.com/podcast/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-118/

Wow.... that cabinet guy.... he makes me want to saw through my neck with a rusty spoon.

#6676 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

You know if I was to sell my plumbing business and open a Pinball business -- Maybe I could buy both of you.....Hmmmm

That and plumbing is likely way more resilient during a recession

#6677 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Spooky is going to design a factory topper? I know they’ve not done this before but this would be the perfect title to design one and we know Scott would make it interactive and amazing. It may finally be a topper cooler than the D&D one from the 80’s or the fish tank from TWD.

Seems like this would be something to help add some more bucks to Spooky. Though they could certainly design it in house it could be outsourced for production. They’d probably sell 300 of them...at the minimum.

#6678 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Paying with a check instead of a CC puts a little extra cash in Spooky's coffers. It's basically like handing them an extra $100.

correct and why I always pay them with a check.

As for person asking about add-on list; I dont have it handy but am sure luke or someone from team spooky could post it.

#6679 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does anyone know if Spooky is going to design a factory topper? I know they’ve not done this before

There's video of an Alice Cooper topper they've made. I don't know if it's for sale yet or not.

#6680 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

There's video of an Alice Cooper topper they've made. I don't know if it's for sale yet or not.

Ah, I had no idea they made a factory one before. That’s awesome! I wish they’d do one for TNA too.

#6681 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I had no idea they made a factory one before. That’s awesome! I wish they’d do one for TNA too.

They did make a 80's era style topper for TNA.

https://www.pinballlife.com/tna-hot-pinball-action-marquee.html

#6682 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

But you can’t try to gouge preorders for Stern games, amirite?

#6683 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

LEs you can right? Arent LEs built last?

#6684 4 years ago

It's the inevitable Plumbus shooter rod people will really go for.
(not for me thanks)

#6685 4 years ago

Any one else wonder if theyll add more GI to the back row? Looks kinda dark. LED strip shooting down from the back box lip maybe?

Will the house light up? Whats with the front door? Questions, questions, questions.
7801A0C1-D8B6-44EF-9DC4-889223FD3C34 (resized).jpeg7801A0C1-D8B6-44EF-9DC4-889223FD3C34 (resized).jpeg

#6686 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one else wonder if theyll add more GI to the back row? Looks kinda dark. LED strip shooting down from the back box lip maybe?
Will the house light up? Whats with the front door? Questions, questions, questions.
[quoted image]

Don't worry...

XMAS (resized).pngXMAS (resized).png
#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I’m not forcing anyone to buy my spot, just offering it up. If I was eager to sell it would be listed less and I would have taken one of the many offers received. As I say in my ad if someone REALLY wants my spot, they can have it. You are incorrect that selling spots is unique to Spooky as fully paid GBLE spots were being flipped before delivery. All I meant by the Stern production speed was as a negative, hence all the QC issues.

#6688 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

if someone REALLY wants my spot

don't worry... they dont

If they did, it would be sold already. Then again, when games in the early 100s have sold for 1k premium over deposit... do you really expect to get anything extra for a spot that is more than 1/2 year out at best?

For anyone shopping, there are distributors with spots still available for no premium.

#6689 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's the inevitable Plumbus shooter rod people will really go for.
(not for me thanks)

Or a terry fold shooter, if it had a shooter rod

#6690 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Wow.... that cabinet guy.... he makes me want to saw through my neck with a rusty spoon.

It's such a shame too because I honestly find the content of The EM Dungeon interesting and informative. But the presenter drives me insane. I don't know if he's trying to be a "character" or was trained in an older style, but his. Fo r c i b l y. S l o w. S y l l a b I c. S p e a k i n g. W i t h. A. P e r i o d. A f t e r. E v e r y. W o r d. Not only gives him a monotone, it becomes downright insulting after a while. I almost feel bad criticizing because he genuinely seems like a nice guy... but every now and then you hear him speak normally and it's like *arrrrrgh you're not getting paid by the second and I'm not stupid so why the hell can't you talk normal through your whole segment?! **

I don't mind the content. A transcript would be informative. But yeesh, I can't stand the narration anymore. It makes the segment incredibly painful to listen to especially driving down the road.

#6691 4 years ago

I kept trying to fast forward thru his segment. I almost quit listening it was so grating.

#6692 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Or a terry fold shooter, if it had a shooter rod

I hate using any of the emojis but I probably should use the embarrement one right now.

#6693 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

LEs you can right? Arent LEs built last?

No, premiums are built last. LE are built right after the first round of PROs.

#6694 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

But yes, the presenter drives me insane.

I have always thought that guy is hilarious. His tone fits the EM Dungeon theme imo.

#6695 4 years ago

FYI - The Scott Danesi interview starts at 59:10.

Use your podcast app on your device or go to:

https://www.spookypinball.com/podcast/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-118/

You are welcome.

#6696 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - The Scott Danesi interview starts at 59:10.
You are welcome.

Link please good sir!!! Thanks!!!

#6698 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yeah, that was a hard skip to the next segment. Then when Dave said X-Men is the best Stern I skipped the F out of that segment lol

#6699 4 years ago

Lots of podcast players have a "2x" setting for listening. It helps with the slow speaking parts.

#6700 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does anyone know if Spooky is going to design a factory topper? I know they’ve not done this before but this would be the perfect title to design one and we know Scott would make it interactive and amazing. It may finally be a topper cooler than the D&D one from the 80’s or the fish tank from TWD.
Seems like this would be something to help add some more bucks to Spooky. Though they could certainly design it in house it could be outsourced for production. They’d probably sell 300 of them...at the minimum.

This would give them something to sell for the next 18 months! I cant see a company that depends on sales to not have anything to sell. This would sell like hot cakes uf done proper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 13,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.