IMG_8236.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,128 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 143.
#951 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Attending the Furry convention circuit, are we?

Only thing furry are dem, well use your imagination.

#952 1 year ago

#953 1 year ago

Let's see.. GnR dropping in price, TS4 fail, GF verdict is still out but you're gonna have to pay to find out.. On the other hand FF and now this. Peeps droppin Bond 60th and buying the PF LE and FF Premium. Good times!

#954 1 year ago

I’m sure there are still plenty of LE’s out there, 1000 is a hell of a lot of LE’s for a street level game like this. To me it would be hard to commit to a game like this with no actual gameplay video, but what the hell do I know.

#955 1 year ago

Anyhow.... got sidetracked with peoples' love making, costume and possibly cheeto habits....game is cool.... FOMO train has already picked up its passengers and is full steam ahead.

#957 1 year ago

In for a LE!

#958 1 year ago

Decided to grab an LE. I’m guessing it won’t be ready for quite a while so I won’t have to panic sell anything quite yet.

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Let's see.. GnR dropping in price, TS4 fail, GF verdict is still out but you're gonna have to pay to find out.. On the other hand FF and now this. Peeps droppin Bond 60th and buying the PF LE and FF Premium. Good times!

Yep...I'm in on FFLE and PFLE.

#960 1 year ago

So… I ended up going LE cause I really want the speaker grill and I’m hoping the promotional banner is cool. Lmao

#961 1 year ago

Una lastima perdernos las imagenes de la película...

#962 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Flipnout shows sold out on website now. Wow wasn't expecting sell out this fast. Glad I got in.
Can't compare this to CCR LE. That would launch around $11k or so if done now. Was under priced. I have one and like it but not for $12k flipper price.
Gotta sell some games... I just picked up a WCS94 and mint TOTAN this weekend. Sold my Monster Bash LE to fund that. Then I have Lebowski, Scooby, Foo, and PF LE on order. Passed on Godfather theme.

Someone’s gonna need a bigger belt soon.

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

So… I ended up going LE cause I really want the speaker grill and I’m hoping the promotional banner is cool. Lmao

The only reason I would go LE is that topper. It's pretty Fucking cool. Godfather was before my time, but this sucker is right in my wheelhouse. And I'm 53.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

More likely to go to bed with a bag of Cheetos

That explains the hand discoloration

#965 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The only reason I would go LE is that topper. It's pretty Fucking cool. Godfather was before my time, but this sucker is right in my wheelhouse. And I'm 53.

Well everything was considered cause you’re not missing out on any molds or anything in SE and numbered placards mean very little to me. The topper is great but I honestly don’t care for toppers. I just had to ask myself what the tipping point is and I really like the grill… either that or this surfing song can upsell me anything.

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep...I'm in on FFLE and PFLE.

Congrats! Both look sweet.

#967 1 year ago

Love the cabinet, the top saucer, VUK to the back board, that lower left kickout, and the inline drops. I love High Speed so I'll try that Drive Fast goal a lot.

I'd like to see how it all flows, Bond 60 might have the advantage of having some shots that scream back to the flippers and I'm not seeing that immediately here. Playfield art seems ok, it probably looks way better in person. I would've loved Surf Rider in the soundtrack too, but what we're getting is good.

The magnet shot seems to be re-used in ways that don't quite mesh thematically. I'm sure it's not a huge problem in game, though I wonder how clear it will be what that shot does at any given time.

Seems there's a missed opportunity for multiple skill shots, like a weak plunge then a one-shot to the inline drops, or hold the left flipper to do a full orbit and hit the magnet target.

All in all this seems like a real winner! Now to find a new job that'll help finance it....

#968 1 year ago

Sold on the topper
I’m on LE

#969 1 year ago

Also… hoping for copious amounts of F Bombs

#970 1 year ago

Great f’ing movie! LE for sure!

#971 1 year ago

The whole Tarantino insistance on a retro design has kind of ruined it for me as top 5 personal fav theme. I do really like the art and it definitely shows up just how average Bond 60th is.

#972 1 year ago
Quoted from germsinc:

Seems there's a missed opportunity for multiple skill shots, like a weak plunge then a one-shot to the inline drops, or hold the left flipper to do a full orbit and hit the magnet target.

Secret skill shots wouldn't be "secret" if they were in the rules doc

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I agree, that looks cool, I hope there will be mods for other options but that topper will be the main reason to go for the LE

#974 1 year ago

I hope this motherf*cker plays tough. In line drops, another bank in the middle and some nasty shots to the side closer to the flipper suggest it should. ifpapinball does it?

#975 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wonder how many affluent movie buffs would pay to have one of these in their home theater, assets be damned. Ten? A thousand? Not my world, so I have no idea.

Wouldn’t say I’m “affluent”, but I do have a nice home theater and I am a film buff. My theater room is good sized and my pinball friends ask why I don’t stick pinball machines in it. One thing they seem to forget and why a pinball machine won’t ever go in there, I have two subwoofers that produce a lot of bass. Last thing I want to hear during a movie is a pinball machine rattling or vibrating!

#976 1 year ago

“David Thiel forcefully pulls the player into this world utilizing over 250 iconic lines from Pulp Fiction’s legendary cast”

Hoping for:
“Say what one more time Mutha Fuka, I dare you , I double dare you.”

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Buy the game! You know you want it! Enjoy some hype and pump.

I am! That’s what I was saying.

#978 1 year ago

Anyone selling their LE spot yet for a discount? If not I'll wait.

#979 1 year ago

Looks like Nitro Pinball has some left for those who want in.

#980 1 year ago

in for a LE

#981 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

“David Thiel forcefully pulls the player into this world utilizing over 250 iconic lines from Pulp Fiction’s legendary cast”
Hoping for:

That's definitely tied to the inline drops. Look at the plastics there.

#982 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hope this motherf*cker plays tough. In line drops, another bank in the middle and some nasty shots to the side closer to the flipper suggest it should. ifpapinball does it?

It's a bastard for sure. I've gotten to the final wizard mode twice ever in the 'far too many years' this thing has been in development.

Mark designed a playfield that really hits that sweet spot of the era where it kicks your ass 4 times out of 5, but that 5th game where you get a hold of it for a bit really makes it satisfying. It then kicks your ass the next 4 games

#983 1 year ago

In on an LE.

I like what I'm seeing. In-line drops, two spinners, a few other things that remind me of classic Ballys, which I love.

Topper is quite charming. No LCD is no big deal and i'm excited about the music. Love all the songs.

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hoping for:

Say what again. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker! Say what one more goddamned time.

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Looks like Nitro Pinball has some left for those who want in.

Yeah, they’re going fast!

#986 1 year ago

It will have f bombs in it source said it has everything you would want in it.

#987 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

In-line drops, a Bally style top saucer, A/N displays, the ever-underrated M. Ritchie at the helm, this is just old school goodness I'm quite excited about.
I spent half the afternoon debating between LE and SE and apparently I debated too long as it doesn't seem like any LEs are out there anymore. Which is fine. That's a *very* cool topper but I generally don't care about toppers anyway. Prefer art blades to mirror blades. Shakers are like 80 bucks.

This is where I am, at this point. Topper is neat, but I don't really care either way about toppers. I prefer art over mirror blades too, and the shaker is easy enough to do yourself.

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

It will have f bombs in it source said it has everything you would want in it.

You don’t even need to say this. Of course it will have F Bombs!!

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Anyone selling their LE spot yet for a discount? If not I'll wait.

You’re looking for the James Bond thread.

#990 1 year ago

I did have some money put aside for a Fathom . . . . .now I don't

Temptation got the better of me, just the standard version rather than an LE but I'll be more than happy with that.

What a great year for Pinball releases.

#991 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Yeah, they’re going fast!

giphy (19).gifgiphy (19).gif
#992 1 year ago

Too bad no gameplay yet - would love to see how this game shoots and sounds which would def influence next steps. David theil is just so damn good. Whoever made the decision to hire that guy is a freaking genius.

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Too bad no gameplay yet - would love to see how this game shoots and sounds which would def influence next steps. David theil is just so damn good. Whoever made the decision to hire that guy is a freaking genius.

I like hearing these things when I go in blind.
Never done that before …

#994 1 year ago

Man, those are all spot on!

Dick Dale AND David Thiel....WHOOPIE!!!

5 Licensed Songs from the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack - Comanche, Jungle Boogie, Misirlou, Son of a Preacher Man & You Never Can Tell

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

It's a bastard for sure. I've gotten to the final wizard mode twice ever in the 'far too many years' this thing has been in development.
Mark designed a playfield that really hits that sweet spot of the era where it kicks your ass 4 times out of 5, but that 5th game where you get a hold of it for a bit really makes it satisfying. It then kicks your ass the next 4 games

#996 1 year ago

FOMO getting me bad right now. It's a total piece of art. That topper *chiefs liss*

I don't have the money but I thinking I can find a way by then. It would look great next to TBL

#997 1 year ago

PF came out my junior year of high school. A little theater across town had a midnight Saturday show for easily a year. We went every time we had nothing else better going at midnight on a Saturday. I saw it easily 20 times at that theater, in various states of inebriation. It would be the same group of people every weekend, and it was very much a Rocky Horror Picture Show vibe - people yelling lines all together or yelling for Marvin to duck. There was a time that I 100% could have recited the entire movie from “OK, so tell me again about the hash bars…”

250 lines of dialogue on this thing is promising, and sold it for me. I hope it includes:

“Well, you do not speak Bora Boran, either.”

And

“Do they speak English in What!?!”

And

“This is some fucked up, repugnant shit.”

#998 1 year ago

Hopefully the game is hardcore.

#999 1 year ago

Shit man.... should I just pull the trigger on this thing and get the LE?? Ready to hit submit on the deposit....

#1000 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

ETA?
If CGC has struggled to ship CCr LE's, when would Pulp Fiction actually land on the line? Like, can they put Pulp on the line *before* they finish all the CCr LE's? That would be shabby. So, where are they with the task of completing the CCr LE run?
In short, if one orders a Pulp today, when would could one realistically expect the game to ship?

They Have around 900 ccrle to make and 1250 se+ ....they have been late on every release so far but ccr is really late . Only time will tell but so far they are 0/4 getting games out when they said they wld start shipping. That being said they make a excellent product and it's worth the wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,128 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/20?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.