IMG_2630 (resized).jpg
IMG_2621 (resized).jpg
IMG_5756 (resized).jpeg
pb-tbl (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (11 months ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandamack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 1 year ago

I'm in. Completely in. Thank god I didn't drink the Godfather kool-aid (tempting though)...

#50 1 year ago

Is it true that most games put out by CGC take a year plus to get delivered? I know the CC customers were waiting forever. I want this game, but CGC's history of taking eternity to ship games kind of blows.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I really don’t get the concept of a teaser video. For me, it does nothing and I assume they know everyone already knows it’s Pulp Fiction.

It drives people to sign up for their newsletter.

#77 1 year ago

That would be a long intro for a multiball

#80 1 year ago

The game will be expensive, no doubt. It is the current trend. You have to imagine that based on theme alone, enough people are willing to do whatever it takes to get one. CGC knows this fact and are probably more than willing to indulge the potential buyer. It will probably be in the 12-15k range. Just my guess.

#394 1 year ago

Why is there a picture of legos in the center of the playfield?

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Images are live on the CGC site if you know where to look

Enlighten me secret squirrel

#928 1 year ago

I get the retro thing.... just wish the price was retro as well, and honestly I have become fairly spoiled by lcd screens. Game looks fun as hell, but I would probably bite on this if it had an lcd screen and better audio package..... I know lcd is good if it is used well (sorry Bond and your licensing drama)..... but I just think an lcd would have been the cherry on top.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

And it's cool... If you're a single guy and took a girl home to your pad, you're more likely to get laid if she sees this than if you had a Godzilla

I would say that last pinball covention I visited, a majority of the crowd did not appear concerned with getting laid, lol.

#949 1 year ago

#952 1 year ago

#955 1 year ago

Anyhow.... got sidetracked with peoples' love making, costume and possibly cheeto habits....game is cool.... FOMO train has already picked up its passengers and is full steam ahead.

#999 1 year ago

Shit man.... should I just pull the trigger on this thing and get the LE?? Ready to hit submit on the deposit....

#1004 1 year ago

Gotta see a game play vid.... kind of makes me nervous that this part was omitted.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The excitment generated in this thread for a throwback game with alphanumeric displays at Stern Pro+ level prices may finally put to bed the "LCD is required" argument.

An LCD screen done right is a beautiful thing. I think the hype can be divided into two camps: 1. Fans of classic era pins who happen to like this film and 2. Fans of the film/theme who don't like bygone era games as much as modern offerings, but love the film.
I myself fall into the second camp, so the lack of an LCD is a big deal to me at that price..... and before people start slamming me on this..... I grew up playing Gorgar, Centaur, Paragon, etc.

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It appears as though the game plays out scenes from the film using the topper and lighting up characters on the pf. I think that will work quite well w/o a screen.

Well I'm always up for a good puppet show

#1073 1 year ago

If it is.... great. If it is not.... great. Awards are as meaningful as this site's top 100. If the owner loves it then it is a win.

Quoted from blacklightprod:

This is going to be the game of the year, because this is the only pinball I've seen in years that is totally thinking outside the box. They nailed it! If this game doesn't win game of the year I would be in shock!

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from EMDude:

I'm forced to use acronyms all day at work and don't care to in my hobbies. Call me old but we never referred to EM's using acronyms, never heard anyone say "hey, I heard you traded your *CF for a CW and SM". *Captain Fantastic, Card Whiz, Space Mission.

I get it. I once saw a dude use an acronym for Tron. Seriously!?!?

11 months later
#6533 19 days ago

Who takes longer to ship a game out: Haggis or CGC?

I heard Haggis is barely hanging on and causing a few out there to back out of their Centaur orders. I know CGC builds at a glacial pace as well. Would love a Pulp Fiction but not thrilled at having to wait until late 2025 most likely.

#6539 19 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I expect downvotes from the Aussies in 3, 2, 1...

it's begun.

Sorry to hear that your money has been paid in full and you are waiting indef. Robbing Peter to pay Paul has never been a strong business methodology.

1 week later
#6640 12 days ago

Are distributor prices higher now than when this game was first released for deposits last year? (Call it surge pricing, market rate adjustment, gouging the customer, etc....).

#6643 12 days ago

Thanks. I was thinking the SE sold for 7k, but I guess it has been 8k all along. (Have no idea why some dude downvoted my question lol)

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Seems to be the same $8k+shipping MSRP for the standard model from the distros I've seen. Maybe some of them did hold LEs back but they're not advertising them

#6645 12 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

As for the 7k, it was advertised as 7,999. So the advertising trick of lower it by a dollar to make it seem like it's a thousand less than it really is worked very well.

Ha! very true. it got me for sure.

#6649 12 days ago

Only good experiences with Tommy at Nitro BC.

#6652 12 days ago
Quoted from trauma:

Finally played it last weekend, didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.
I'll probably place an order for one.

Thanks for the post. This helps me try and make a decision. I love the theme, callouts and music. The only con was the high price for a very retro machine, i.e no LCD or DMD. But the game looks fun as hell!

#6658 12 days ago

Excellent post. Thanks for the feedback and your oerspective.

Quoted from ZNET:

There really aren't many comparable games. Stern's Whoa Nellie and Bond 60th are single-level, original title games (as opposed to single-level remakes, like Fathom) which could fall into the same category as Pulp Fiction, I suppose.
Based upon those 2 titles and their price points, Pulp Fiction arguably includes a greater number of significant features and, consequently, represents a better value.
I collect games from every era, prewar to modern. . .4 decades in the hobby. I played Pulp Fiction at Pinfest. Loved everything about it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Bend, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandamack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=gandamack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.