200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 1 year ago

A Pulp Fiction pin!!
7D13E61D-C679-43E1-82E5-A1E47EFDC0DB.gif7D13E61D-C679-43E1-82E5-A1E47EFDC0DB.gif

#108 1 year ago

So much material here!
Mode possibilities..
1. Retrieve the watch
2. Resuscitate Mia (Uma)
3. Escape Zed
4. Jack Rabbit Slim's dance contest
5. I Shot Marvin (Get the car to Jimmy’s)

Multi balls
1. Mushroom cloud multi ball
2. Gimp multi ball
3. The Wolf Multi ball
4. Ezekiel 25:17 Multiball

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

If this is true (no video assets), then it’s a punch right to the junk
[quoted image]

But if there are Video assets and the game is not street level...

AAC21B8D-0E28-4C99-A5D5-55E157F4CB01.gifAAC21B8D-0E28-4C99-A5D5-55E157F4CB01.gif
#422 1 year ago

Oh shit is this legit (enlarged from above pic)

946396F0-20E4-4DF4-A07B-DCAFBE3F8E89 (resized).jpeg946396F0-20E4-4DF4-A07B-DCAFBE3F8E89 (resized).jpeg

#428 1 year ago

Looks beautiful! I’m guessing single level then?

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

tHaT LeAkeD pIc iSn'T rEal!

iT lOoKS ReAl

#679 1 year ago

So a limited edition and a special edition only Sounds like stuff goes live shortly

#689 1 year ago

Here you go

1C68C007-4654-4DF9-9E4A-277634C4BEDF (resized).jpeg1C68C007-4654-4DF9-9E4A-277634C4BEDF (resized).jpeg87DF562C-AF39-4FEB-9D6B-5CF311382977 (resized).jpeg87DF562C-AF39-4FEB-9D6B-5CF311382977 (resized).jpeg
#833 1 year ago

I just went to place an order an LE but hit a little snag...

DF6364B1-9047-4E08-898D-4FFA7A07C46E.gifDF6364B1-9047-4E08-898D-4FFA7A07C46E.gif
#842 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Fuck it. I’m in. LE it is.

That’s all you had to say!

#954 1 year ago

I’m sure there are still plenty of LE’s out there, 1000 is a hell of a lot of LE’s for a street level game like this. To me it would be hard to commit to a game like this with no actual gameplay video, but what the hell do I know.

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

No timeline yet (that I'm aware of).

This is a question for Ryan White at CGC. I don't know this answer.

Another question for the CGC team. We're hopeful that the timeline they gave dealers will be a date they will hit. We plan on continuing our weekly production meetings with them to make sure things stay 'on schedule'. Everyone on the PM side and the CGC side doesn't want to see production on this thing slip.

Edit Oops I’m sure this would be a question for Ryan but I will ask it anyways

Question for Josh (not sure if you can answer it) Sorry to the rest of the thread for the OT.. Do you know if CGC is still planning on running MMr this year? I only ask because this game may alter some peoples plans for not only space but also funds and it would be good to know if they need to make arrangements for an incoming MMr that CGC said they were going to run in 2023. Again I’m guessing that Ryan would have to answer this question so if you happen to run into him maybe you could mention to him that the question was asked here... thanks!

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Does Josh work for CGC? Or does he work for Play Mechanix which is contracting out to CGC to produce this game? If the later he probably wouldn't have details on CGC's overall production plans.

edited my post

#1378 1 year ago

Did you guys catch I think it was Doug in the video say that this game had more coils and motors in it than any of the other games they have built, I was like damn!

34FE0A7A-5082-4ADF-A5F7-3EA98E5ACF44.gif34FE0A7A-5082-4ADF-A5F7-3EA98E5ACF44.gif
#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Ramps are great at creating great flow. Look at MM, the ramp to ramp to orbit shots are really fun and satisfying. I'm just speaking from my experience of owning Fathom Mermaid. It's a great game with the new rules, but it still plays like an 80's game and doesn't get played as much as my other pins. Code can enhance a layout, but the layout is also very critical. I just can't see how we can get the same sort of flow that we have been accustomed to in modern pins. And yes the wizard mode will be really difficult to get to as you're hitting standups and getting random ball bounce instead of balls being fed to your flipper after making a shot.

Look “If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor”
You’re into fast flow and for me this game is not about fast flow it’s about theme, extremely well executed theme. I want to enter into the world of Pulp Fiction and I want to hear Samuel L Jackson call outs and feel like I’m in the movie. I don’t give a rip about a ball shooting up a ramp and quickly returning to a flipper, I want to work through a mode in this game and then hear Jules recite “Ezekiel 25:17”.
I get there are some who don’t have a special attachment to this movie, maybe this isn’t the right game for them but I have been Reciting lines from this movie back-and-forth with my friends for more than 20 years and loving every moment of it!

1 week later
#2756 1 year ago

Pic credit to Knapp arcade

FC97A726-4DE2-49B7-9E98-4D22EFC23C9C (resized).jpegFC97A726-4DE2-49B7-9E98-4D22EFC23C9C (resized).jpeg
#2766 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The burger in that pic is a big Kahana burger.
The one on the playfeild is a royal with cheese. Totally different burger.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

But is it? Really is it? I mean if you really think about it, are they different?

Yep, completely different burgers!

*THE ROYALE WITH CHEESE
Ingredients:
1 all-beef patty
2 slices American cheese
Lettuce, tomato, and special sauce to taste
Hamburger bun

*The Big Kahuna
Ingredients:
2 all-beef patties
4 slices American cheese
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
Lettuce, tomato, and special sauce to taste
Hamburger buns
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
7F9E9675-D79E-419E-8610-141F6399FF0F.gif7F9E9675-D79E-419E-8610-141F6399FF0F.gif

#2832 1 year ago

I’m trying to get screen grabs from the videos posted of this game lit up, somebody grab somebody grab some pics of this thing turned on

2870014C-FC5E-4374-977F-385437FF9D08 (resized).png2870014C-FC5E-4374-977F-385437FF9D08 (resized).png2CA762FC-986D-476A-A677-123C675BE5F4 (resized).png2CA762FC-986D-476A-A677-123C675BE5F4 (resized).png
#2895 1 year ago

“Check out the big brain on Brad”

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

anyone that isnt in able to give us their opinion? dont see that much going on, besides the great callouts and music....I hope I'm wrong.

What the other guys said above and also i may be wrong but I don’t think many modes were started except for briefcase multi Ball and maybe one other?

#2945 1 year ago

Anyone see the magnet grab in the video?

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Those spinner rips are classically satisfying.

With David T’s sound package those spinner rips sound like they will rip your face off!

#3049 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder if the save post was installed on some games? Surely they’d take it out at a festival.

I was watching a Facebook live video this morning of gameplay and there appeared to be a save post installed on the game that was being played. With the long lines to play the game you would of thought they would’ve removed all the save post to keep the lines moving.

Edit: I believe it was originally said that the save post was optional to use in this game and that is how the game/playfield was designed was by Ritchie.. I may be wrong on this, someone else can chime in if I am. If the game was designed to only be played with the save post then I agree with leaving it in at the show.

#3053 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They never do that with new games. They set them up stock. All I’ve ever seen is setting them to 1-2 balls.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but isnt the save post optional in this game, I thought it was mentioned by Ritchie that it was designed to be removable and played either way.

#3054 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lines are lines. You’re there to show your game how it’s supposed to be played.

Yeah well tell that to this guy...

18DE510F-5CB4-4BCA-A654-B7F72EF9D8D1 (resized).jpeg18DE510F-5CB4-4BCA-A654-B7F72EF9D8D1 (resized).jpeg

#3060 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The save post is optional in every game. It’s just screwed into the playfield.

OK I guess what I’m saying is I thought the save post came not installed and it was your option whether or not to install it.

#3064 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Never noticed that hygiene problem in Australia at the places i go to.

We get sweaty over here in America making pinball machines for all you Aussies... you’re welcome!

#3065 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Center post ships on. There's a plastic cap in the goody bag for those that want to take it out.

OK I misunderstood that part then, thanks for the heads up on it.

#3075 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've been to the biggest show here 4 times, as well as others and never noticed it. That is all.
No deception, no lies. Just never noticed it.

Everybody likes their own brand!

Funny shit guys!

809420CE-8479-4371-89F4-F678ACDF9EF3.gif809420CE-8479-4371-89F4-F678ACDF9EF3.gif

#3091 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re not locking balls in them at the same time I don’t think. They are just separate locks.

So 3 ball locks and one Subway? Or is the lock under the pawn shop at subway as well?

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

CGC has made extra releases on machines before with all the lollies and just different trim or art.

True but isn’t CGC Just contracted to build the game? I didn’t think they got to decide how many LE’s or toppers get produced?

#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Couldn't agree more....they should have a sanitary check at the gate...its crazy how bad it is, and its even crazier they leave the house that way...my wife was so grossed out that she refuses to ever attend again....I had a hard time arguing her point

Maybe they could install something like this in the bathrooms...

195F62DA-7CDA-410C-B65A-60BD5C255080 (resized).jpeg195F62DA-7CDA-410C-B65A-60BD5C255080 (resized).jpeg
#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from dq13:

Bonus:the wife who said no more machines ever is 100% bought in

Well Gentlemen it sounds like dq13 has resolved
“the Bonnie situation”

F6B93D79-CC15-43DB-9014-9E725B72437B (resized).jpegF6B93D79-CC15-43DB-9014-9E725B72437B (resized).jpeg

#3196 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Oo, order stories! It was a dark and stormy night… the night the STDM featurette was released. I watched it just before bed. Big mistake. Slept restlessly with visions of Jules blasting my brains out sending me to pinball heaven. I kept telling myself, “seems cool but, nah, you’re not going to order that. You have deposits on two machines already.” Woke up, was doing the morning routine, making breakfast, getting my kid ready. Kept saying, “nah, forget it”. Then something just struck me: I had this feeling the game was something special. “Fuck it” goes through my head. I ducked into the bedroom and called a regional distributor and they had a few LE spots left. Put my name in. By 3:00 that afternoon they were all gone. Most of the time, being impulsive is a bad idea. But sometimes, it’s just the thing to do!

Ok so here’s mine, PF launch day....
I’m at the hospital for my regular testing BS and I can’t stop thinking about the game, I kept popping into this thread and seeing people saying they were “in on an LE” and and I’m like no effing way they’ll sell 1000 of them! I keep telling myself “chill out honey bunny” you got time to make a decision, but I kept getting more and more anxious. I remember thinking holy shit this thing is gunna sell out! Then I saw this post..

Quoted from gambit3113:

Fuck it. I’m in. LE it is.

And I was like oh shit Gambit is in?! I’m basically panicked as it has just dawned on me that I need to make a decision on an LE right now!... and then bam In walks my Dr, my wife snags my phone and now I’m sidelined for hours, It was a bad situation! By the time I got out of there it was late and I saw that distro’s were already selling out of LE’s.. luckily i was able to get ahold of JJ at GEX on the way home (sorry for bugging you so late JJ) and he locked me in on an LE. I will have to sell a game to afford it but it will be worth it!

#3282 1 year ago

TPF thought..
-Upside, it sounds like the games didn’t break down all weekend.
-Downside, unless I missed it we never got to see a picture of underneath the playfield.

#3427 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm just going to buy an SE, get a quarter pounder with cheese

What the hell is a quarter pounder with cheese?

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

JJP quality?! Look there is a lot of humour on this thread but JJP quality is probably the funniest joke so far! With thousands of games in the field with fucked playfields, fucked lightboards, fucked stage lights and broken diverters how can you even use the words JJP and quality in the same sentence.
FWIW I played Godfather more than any other game at TPF because other than Queen; (pinball brothers must have been crying in their beer after TPF and queen is a shockingly bad game); it was the easiest game to get on, the hype was far from JJPs stand. It’s a shame in many respects; Godfather is a good layout and shoots ok, Eric has adapted to JJPs underwhelming mechanical platform by keeping ramps flat and being as close to a single level game as one can be and with JJPs better but still weak flippers it shoots well. The sad part of the game is understanding it with a million things flashing, a screen that has the same info as an engineering screen on the bridge of the USS Titan and a game that first presents the players but not just one menu for the mode but two menus including a skill shot menu - WTF?! NO pinball machine should offer a menu. I can’t help think if Elwin did the rules for GF how much better the game would be! There is little new in the typically Keefer out ruleset, mode stack multiball, get multipler, cash out.
Regards,
Neil.

Damn Neil! For those of you who don’t understand his British accent allow me to translate...

#3472 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

McDonalds sandwich.
LTG : )

Oh ok, I’m running on the metric system in here so the whole “quarter pound” thing threw me.

#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I still think PF will be amazing in the home. First, it looks fantastic with the real backglass and old school style displays (look awesome in person). Second, the theme integration is great. Can't wait to actually be able to hear the sound effects. I am sure the majority of these that go on route will be set in the censored mode. Every location around me allows kids.

This!^ Games like FF can more easily shine at a show with fast flow even if you can’t hear the game. The fact that PF was still a crowd favorite even though you could barely hear the callouts is pretty amazing! I’m guessing once you get this game into a home environment in adult mode it’s really going to shine and if you are a fan of the movie it’s going to be a grand slam homerun!

#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Played it a bunch at MGC. Honestly, since expectations were so high on this... I felt like it was a letdown. Build quality is awesome, cabinet art is great, playfield.. I could go either way. Old school vibe with modern touched.
Pretty much what everyone else says which if why expectations were too high
Here is the elephant in the room for me...
The audio was horrible. Call outs were bad... How many times does one need to hear "Royale with Cheese". The sound effect when the ball drops into the upper kickout hole sounds like something from a Transformers movie. There are some of the classic Samuel L Jackson lines but they don't really seem to fit. The whole audio package, to me, screams square peg in a round hole. Maybe they need to contact the actors for a few callouts that would be fitting for a Pinball machine.
Lastly, I assume cause this is an early prototype... Software seemed laggy and chunky. One time I thought I lost the ball only to realize after I almost walked away that there was one in the shooter lane. It certainly didn't kickout there quickly enough so that it felt like I locked a ball. Changes between players was so slow that people often got confused if their ball ended.
I'm on the fence with this one. Will need to play it more but honestly it was a bit of a letdown.

Haven’t played it myself but from what I’m hearing about the noise level at the shows most people have said it’s hard to get a feel for all the callouts and sound. With DT on sound I am not concerned with the overall sound package I’m sure it will be awesome!

Disclaimer: huge Pulp Fiction geek here.

#3775 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Small baggie of heroin. Or I guess baking powder for the Puritans out there

Is that Panda from Mexico, Bava or Choco from the Hartz Mountains of Germany?
I heard PF standard Edition is getting a bag of the Panda included with the game and the LE will be getting a bag of the Choco included with it.. “it’s a mad man!”

When you buy the LE you’re going to know where the money went!

86F736BE-F3D0-4502-AC29-4AA5D63D785A.gif86F736BE-F3D0-4502-AC29-4AA5D63D785A.gif

7 months later
#5194 5 months ago

Tough here on the west coast I guess the best chance we will have to play the game will be at the Tacoma show in June. I can’t even imagine actually having this machine sitting in my game room!

IMG_9242 (resized).jpegIMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
#5196 5 months ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

You have that piece?? I saw it online while looking for mine.

No I don’t, was thinking it would be cool to have framed in my little game room though.

1 month later
#5415 4 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Hey all. Just wanted to get a little advice. I ordered a PF SE in September. But i'm new to pinball and had no idea about the delays we would be experiencing dealing with CGC. I talked to my dealer today asking about the possibility of changing my order to a different machine. He told me normally they do not allow that, but in this case he would. So, I am considering changing my order to a Labyrinth. He told me I could have that in my house by March at the latest. I also live in Houston where BoF is located so there's that.
I have not changed yet, but i'm about 75% decided to do it. Since I ordered mine in September about how far out do you think I am given CGC track record? I'm starting to think it would be until late 2024 or even 2025. What does everyone else think?

Trade Pulp Fiction for Labyrinth? Dude!…

IMG_0259.gifIMG_0259.gif
#5459 3 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

For me personally, one of the best parts of Alien is the sound. And that’s why I’m super pumped for Pulp Fiction and more David Thiel in my life.
Enjoy Alien, it f-ing rocks!

Look you don’t have to tell me about how awesome of a job David Thiel did on Alien…..

IMG_0518.gifIMG_0518.gif

2 weeks later
#5591 3 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

First game off the line shipped last week. Hooray, Play Mechanix Pinball finally made it's first $1!
I'm scheduled to go in and review the next batch of games coming off the line this week. Super excited to see the line in action for myself.
[quoted image]

IMG_2631.gifIMG_2631.gif
1 week later
#5694 3 months ago

IMG_1297 (resized).jpegIMG_1297 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1298 (resized).jpegIMG_1298 (resized).jpeg
#5764 3 months ago

Have to say CGC caught me by surprise with this post…

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/duZifVEHErS8xm74/?mibextid=KsPBc6

#5978 86 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

Alright. I want a LE, but I am a little upset that this doesn't have a LCD. wack. for sure. Other than that I think it might be really fun. especially cuz I love that movie and can say almost all the darn line honey bunny.
So anybody have any thoughts on the designer? and the playing field difficulty?
any insight would help before I fork out 10K

Want to enlighten us as to who you’re going to fork 10k over to? Pretty sure the LE’s have been sold out for a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.