200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

When is reveal??

In "Two shakes of a lamb's tail"

Or Monday, perhaps.

#987 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

In-line drops, a Bally style top saucer, A/N displays, the ever-underrated M. Ritchie at the helm, this is just old school goodness I'm quite excited about.
I spent half the afternoon debating between LE and SE and apparently I debated too long as it doesn't seem like any LEs are out there anymore. Which is fine. That's a *very* cool topper but I generally don't care about toppers anyway. Prefer art blades to mirror blades. Shakers are like 80 bucks.

This is where I am, at this point. Topper is neat, but I don't really care either way about toppers. I prefer art over mirror blades too, and the shaker is easy enough to do yourself.

#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You could do a whole lot of shit four years ago that you can't do today. Four years ago is an eternity.
In 2023, it's impossible for a pinball company to be profitable selling commercial games for less than Stern is selling pros. This needs to be accepted and the fantasy of a sub-$6,000 "pro" style game needs to die.
And please don't bring up that shitty european Basketball game that just game out. Those were shipped with loose legs just scraping up the cabinet during shipping, and that was just the beginning.

Yeah...4 years ago, ESPECIALLY the last 4 years, a lot of things were different. We can't keep thinking, as a hobby, that things can be done like they were 4 years ago. Look around, and see what is out there, that was the same price as 4 years ago.....

#2147 1 year ago

Lots of folks are buying an SE, probably myself included, but there is no reason to get in a hurry to buy one. CGC won’t get any out his year, MAYBE December. Why bother throwing money at it now?

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Can anyone confirm that CGC will be bringing PULP FICTION games to TPF next week? I realize this is an odd question, considering that they are about the worst "customer service" pinball company around, but maybe someone heard something from someone?? lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2758 1 year ago

Yeah, lots of folks thinking the sculpt is the Kahuna burger, still. It isn’t, it’s the Royale with Cheese that we never see. I don’t mind it.

#3209 1 year ago

Pinsound being across from the PF setup made it impossible to hear the audio, most of the time.

That is, unless, you enjoy hearing the sound effects of Doctor Who and Twilight Zone at volume 11.

#3429 1 year ago

No room for it, but after playing it at TPF a few times, had to get that SE reservation. I have full faith in the community to come up with something topper wise, and I hate mirror blades, so that'll be an easy fix by someone creative as well.

Side note - Probably would have gotten a few more plays in, on PF, if not for all the dudeBros waiting in line alone, then dudeBros 3 friends coming over when its time to play.

Don't be that dudeBro.

#3548 1 year ago

My SE order is in, and I'm not anticipating seeing it in 2023, tbh. I'm ok with that.

3 weeks later
#3953 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Might be worth tuning into Deadflip on Twitch tonight..
[quoted image]

I'd guess that is for later in the week, but no more than 2 days away..

2 months later
#4383 10 months ago

More than likely, no one sees a PF for home usage, in 2023. But most folks assumed that would be the case, despite the Q3 initial time frame that was out there.

2 weeks later
#4428 9 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Ff such overhyped and overated title. Shallow and the shot novelty wear off in 2-3 games.
Do not know anybody yet who says it is a keeper. Probably a good location game, like DP but that is all.

It’s a keeper for me. Now, you do.

1 week later
#4463 9 months ago

Man, can't wait until PF lands at the house, but.....I'll forever be frustrated that QT put himself on the playfield over Bruce. Vanity and all that.

#4465 9 months ago
Quoted from roar:

He put himself in the movie!!! I am not surprised at all that he found his way on to the playfield (I am sure you weren't surprised either, just frustrated)

Yeah, frustrating for sure. I just don't see Jimmie as nearly as important as Bruce's character, but here we are.

#4470 9 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Just stumbled on PF this weekend and couldn't turn it off (as usual). I LOVE QT but his performance in this movie and those line of dialogue make me cringe for so many reasons.
Gotta think the Bruce Willis issue was an image licensing issue.

That would be understandable, except he is on the side plastic art

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#4539 8 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Has the game hit the prod line yet?
I am naive to think we will see some HUO Ses made this year?

Pretty confident that you won't see SEs in homes in 2023.

#4542 8 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

The LCD + DMD combo is really interesting. It looks extremely well made, very cool you got to play.

I'm normally overall pessimistic, or a realist as I like to tell my wife, but for some reason I've got a feeling my SE will land here by the end of the year. I ordered 2 or 3 days after it was listed. I know, I know..CGC..CCr..yada, yada.

I hope so, my friend. I was on the list for an SE as soon as I got back to my room at TPF, after playing it. I'm not a fan of mirror blades, so I figured I could dress up the SE to my pleasing, though the lack of topper will make me sad.

4 weeks later
#4642 7 months ago

Not sure why anyone actually expects to see PF before 2024. Just rest easily, knowing you don't have to worry about it this year.

5 months later
#6217 74 days ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Anyone purchase an SE from FlipNout pinball hear anything yet?

I think on the podcast yesterday, Zach said he was getting his first allotment in a couple of weeks, but that it doesn't even cover ~5% of his outstanding PF order count.

1 month later
#6806 42 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks but it says the same thing… blocked in my country so to copyright

It is. The PF stuff is blocked in Canada, Zach had the same thing happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.