IMG_2915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 1 year ago

Grail theme for me. Can’t believe it’s actually happening. I hope they do it justice.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I just cannot believe they actually dropped this so soon. Insane clusterf**k of titles all dropping within 2 weeks of each other

It’s madness. Don’t know where to look. There’s 3 years of games dropping in 3 weeks.

#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rumor is that it's a simpler TNA/Bond60 style pin. I think we're def at a point where that type of game at a high price won't sell well, based on all the competition in the market. If it is a TNA style game and they can actually produce it for $6-7k - it could sell very well. If they try closer for $10k+, not gonna fly.

I just can’t see licensing being easy on this. I’d love TBL level integration.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is it true that most games put out by CGC take a year plus to get delivered? I know the CC customers were waiting forever. I want this game, but CGC's history of taking eternity to ship games kind of blows.

It’s all true.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Will look great next to my TNA, sorry Meteor but I'm gonna need that space.
If it is single level, please be classic bally/stern stytle cabinet as well and not the weirdness that is JB60.

Retro cabinet would be cool. I could imagine Tarantino insisting on something like that.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

The game will be expensive, no doubt. It is the current trend. You have to imagine that based on theme alone, enough people are willing to do whatever it takes to get one. CGC knows this fact and are probably more than willing to indulge the potential buyer. It will probably be in the 12-15k range. Just my guess.

On the other hand Ccr is the best value in pinball. CgC have not really been known for pushing the envelope on pricing, but with Raw Thrills and an actual license (and a good one at that) who knows.

But you’ve also got to consider it’s not a hugely popular license. It’s got a cult following but it’s by no means mainstream.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Seems like a licensing nightmare but man if they're able to get some or all of the soundtrack into the game that would be amazing.

Here’s hoping Josh Sharpe can call in some licensing favors from dad.

#116 1 year ago

The Big Lebowski nails the cult movie integration for me. I hope they can come close to that. I’d love to see them use the same widescreen display.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Man ya'll are gonna be really let down when you see this game, I have a bad feeling lol

Why?

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll give you a counter argument. Why not?
We know NOTHING yet. People were excited for 007. Look at it now. When people said they weren't getting one or the other game becauae if this, i had assumed some amazing/extensive footage came out for it. But no, we have nothing.

Was a legit question. Sounded like he had some concrete info to back up his "bad feeling". But he doesn't. So I'll remain hyped!

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Unless they wanted it to be the type of game you'd see at Jack Rabbit Slims.
Quentin is a child of the 70's and loves retro so if he was involved I could easily see him wanting it be an old school style game like Bond 60th.

He'd definitely go for that aesthetic IMO.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:Its tomorrow on the East Coast....

Well it’s been tomorrow for ages here, and still nothing.

#930 1 year ago

This is what Bond 60th should have been. This is how you do modern retro.

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Who's the distributor in Australia? How do I order here?

Wayne at Mr Pinball. But he has no pricing etc yet.

#974 1 year ago

I hope this motherf*cker plays tough. In line drops, another bank in the middle and some nasty shots to the side closer to the flipper suggest it should. ifpapinball does it?

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

It's a bastard for sure. I've gotten to the final wizard mode twice ever in the 'far too many years' this thing has been in development.
Mark designed a playfield that really hits that sweet spot of the era where it kicks your ass 4 times out of 5, but that 5th game where you get a hold of it for a bit really makes it satisfying. It then kicks your ass the next 4 games

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You mutherfuckers! Another great job on the "featurette" guys.
Made me flip flop on this one. The call outs alone. FFS

Resistance is futile Ice.

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also, just a minor detail, but I totally missed that there's a center post between the flippers, it's barely in the shots, had to see the ball bounce to go back and look.

Eeeew, didnt see that. Pet hate. My first mod - removing it.

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Plug included in the goodie bag for those masochists that really want this game to beat the absolute shit out of them

Thank you!

I’m going to guess Tarantino wanted the save post.

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

I couldn’t decide on FF, GF or PF so I’m in on all.

Fixed it for you.

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Can someone please release a game without an F in the acronym? Every time I see a game mentioned this month I have to stop and remind myself which one it is. Not to mention TPF.

I know right, GTF, GF, FF, PF, FR.

Then we need to consider, how are we going to complain or rave about the pf quality in our PF?

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Damn, thanks for the responses. A painted cabinet would have definitely added to the cool factor, still looks great though.

Someone clever could make some stencils and you could get it done yourself it you were really keen. Doubt it would be hard to spray and those decals usually come off easy.

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery!
LTG : )

"Any of you f*cking pr*cks move, and I'll execute every motherf*cking last one of you!"

F*ck this game is going to be good. The dialogue in Pulp Fiction is almost more important than the video. Who needs a motherf*cking LCD f*cking screen.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

No. That one is 'don't move this is a robbery'.

Was going off the opening scene. The later scene is different.

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Apologies, i thought you'd morphed into the ma Baker song.

No idea what that is but I'll take your word for it.

You ordered one punkin ?

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Curious to see what the banner looks like.

What’s the deal with the banner?

#1975 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

"Ain't no fuckin' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport"

"Don't be telling me about foot massages, I'm the foot fuckin' master."

#2133 1 year ago

Pinside: Flippers and scalpers are the bane of this hobby. They should be banned from Pinside then castrated.

Also Pinside: When I can’t get the game I want I’m going to put a wanted ad up offering a $2000 premium to anyone that wants to flip me their game. The seller should be exempt from castration.

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The shitty potato cam video from TPF will come first. Better quality streamed video will come later.
Per the rules and guidelines of game launches, Section III clearly states shitty video footage first.
We’re not interested in breaking the rules.

So disappointed. If Tarantino himself is not directing this video, I'm out.

On second thoughts he would probably insist on shitty potato cam footage.

#2369 1 year ago

I kind of wish Pulp Fiction was a sort of sequel/side story for Danny Zuko's life after Grease. He got Sandy pregnant, left town, got into drugs and some trouble, had to change his name to Vincent Vega.

#2801 1 year ago

Only 2 games in history to feature food and/or drink sculpts? Pulp Fiction and The Big Lebowski? Any others?

Edit:
Willy Wonka of course.
Oktoberfest

#2803 1 year ago

What’s in diner?

#2805 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The cup. It’s interactive too.

Where is it….up the back? Is it a whirlpool setup?

Guess we could consider the spinning disc in Stern TMNT a food “sculpt” or toy.

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

more footage of my buddy stumblor and I having a two player, we are both in for an LE and we are both super excited! Shot this with my gimbal which is playing up a little so there might be some last minute potato cam.

Looks nice and brutal. And no save post installed? As it should be.

#2918 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

100s of games that fill that void, besides them integration does PF bring anything else to the table?

It’s a single level game but with a modern feel. What more can it do? Guaranteed it’s the only game that brings Pulp Fiction to the table.

#2927 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

100s of games that fill that void, besides them integration does PF bring anything else to the table?

Just wait to play a SE and decide for yourself. No rush on those.

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

anyone that isnt in able to give us their opinion? dont see that much going on, besides the great callouts and music....I hope I'm wrong.

Answered for you….

Quoted from Kenswift:

My buddy isn’t a Pulp Fan. He’s never even seen the movie. I asked him to check it out and this is what he said. He’s not easy to please.704C5A2D-0605-4F39-9F82-D7F9B04CBD66 (resized).jpeg704C5A2D-0605-4F39-9F82-D7F9B04CBD66 (resized).jpeg

That bring enough to the table?

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Literally everyone was having this reaction. The smiles, laughter, people dancing for crying out loud. It's just very very tidily done. If crowds and lines are anything to go by, it was the pin of the day for sure.
What makes it so special for me, isn't the theme integration, the old school look or the sound (which are all top notch) but the fact that you feel like you are battling the game with every ball. It's never safe. Neil calls it a sense 'urgency' and he's completely right.
It's weird right because on one side of the room you have Foo - ball paths, flow, complexity. And on the other, a throwback single level with a modern twist, that is arguably stealing the limelight. Pinball has forked. You can bet the manufacturers will be paying attention to those lines today.

Finally we have a single level “modern retro” style game that isn’t behind the ridiculous Stern Collector Edition paywall. It’s not a $15k Beatles or $20k B60th. Up to now the narrative that there is no market for modern single level games has been self fulfilling because it’s always been at a ridiculous price point. Now we have a perfect example of a competitively priced single level game with a good theme, good assets and a modern feel, and there’s a market for it.

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've bought a Fathom Mermaid and a Celts in the last year or so. Been after a TNA too.
And this thing is 19k au.

The SE is a$15.9 - comparable to a Stern Premium.

Yeh, there’s TNA, Celts and Fathom which are more niche unlicensed themes (TNA is one of my favorite games btw - owned it twice and a new one on the way).

#3042 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I don't mean to be less than supportive, but festival goers I spoke to said the lines were long because they weren't moving. They weren't moving because ball times are very long on PF.

Wonder if the save post was installed on some games? Surely they’d take it out at a festival.

#3096 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I rewatched the movie. I never really put it together before, but Vincent is always going to the bathroom to try to crap because he’s addicted to opioids and thus constipated.

Apparently they used a recreational drug consultant/expert in shooting the film, hence the realistic details.

This 4 part podcast series is worth a listen, thanks to whoever posted it earlier.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/fade-in-quentin-tarantino-pulp-fiction/id1674023425

#3098 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My Beatles Gold NIB cost 7.5k. Bond 60th is an aberration, not a trend.
All the buzz surrounding PF has little to do with price and everything to do with it being a stellar game done by an A-list team. The only people pumping Bond 60th are the very small contingent that bought one. Is anyone even talking about Bond 60th at the show? There are plenty of unsold games, so there must be some Bond 60th's to play @ TPF.

Beatles wasn’t and isn’t 7.5k here. It was launched at Stern’s highest price point at the time, and had all the Diamond/Platinum bullshit going on also. B60th is an amazing layout priced for collectors.

Stern could easily have priced B60th and Beatles at normal Promium pricing and sold shitloads, like PF has/will.

#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Pricing aside, PF is inspired and Bond 60th isn't. The inspiration is the result of a great team (led by MR) and a license holder that wants it to be great. The license woes on all the Bonds have been well publicized (by Stern!). Bond 60th couldn't be more underwhelming...just seems like the game was rushed and unloved. OTOH PF has been brewing for years. The community has spoken. All 1k PF LE's are spoken for, while Bond 60th's sit unclaimed in MANY distributor warehouses. Sure, Bond 60th might have some redeeming shots/aspects, but apparently not enough for folks to speak with their wallet.

No question, PF is lightning in a bottle that will probably not ever happen again.

But i still think Stern would have sold shit loads of B60th at Premium pricing. This game has proven its possible to make one at that price, even more so for Stern, but they didn’t.

#3201 1 year ago

I ordered one 3 years ago when I heard there was a chance Pulp Fiction would be made. It's just luck that it was executed so well as I would have ordered regardless.

#3216 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Clearly photoshopped.

glow (resized).jpgglow (resized).jpg
#3229 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is one of the shitty practices that should be stopped. the boy's club ordering before the game is on sale.
I get that repeat customers should get some recognition, but when ordering opens here and some of the distributors only have 20 CE's for the whole country or less, you call within minutes of the announcement to find that they were sold on spec a year or more before the announcement, cause rumours and boy's club?
So maybe reserve half for the boy's club and first clubber in get's em...AFTER announcement. The other half, free for all, AFTER the announcement, boys club included, one only.
Selling rumours is bad practice.

WTF punkin . I told the distributor I would buy a Pulp Fiction LE, sight unseen, 3 years ago - he put me on the "list". I chased him up numerous times when the rumour resurfaced or became more likely. Still on "the list". When I had it confirmed to me it was happening soon, not by the distributor, I kept hassling him. Each time he said he cant confirm anything/doesn't know anything/cant take an order. Finally it was released, he sent me an order form, along with everyone else, I paid the deposit within 10 minutes. Distro still wouldnt confirm I had an LE until 2-3 days later. I guarantee you I was one of the first in the country to pay a deposit. No muthafuckin boys club here mate.

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sure is, he sent you the form. You said it yourself.
The machine was reserved for you if you paid.

I understand what youre talking about, but I can assure I am not in this particular "Boys Club".

#3313 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thats how the world works. You are a good customer and you asked to be in. Why do care what he thinks. Who the f cares. Let him build up a relationship and worry about. You did your part and you got the game.

Agree, my post was an overreaction. “I worked hard to get this game!” Lol. Incredibly privileged to even consider buying one of these things, let alone 20.

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Contrarian Impressions:
I was just wondering if there are any other visitors to this thread whose enthusiasm for PF was actually diminished in response to the gameplay clips from TPF.
Yeah, it looked cool, but...
1. LONG ball times
2. Limited shots
3. No magnet action
4. Uncharacteristically bad (for David Thiel) sound effects
5. Repetitive gameplay (every festival goer who played the game seemed to start Briefcase Boogie MB)
6. Ugly/unimaginative use of RGB insert and GI lighting (All green? Yuck!)
7. Too many callouts from too many sources
8. Repetitive/limited music tracks
9. A good looking topper that is still, well, dull
10. A peculiar absence of Butch (did Willis and QT have a falling out?)
11. No real skill shots
12. Art that is "hand drawn" but still not exceptional
Is it fair to nitpick? Perhaps not, but we don't all have to be on the hype train.
I like the movie a lot, and I like CGC's commitment to quality a lot, and I was super jazzed to learn more about this game, but I'm much less excited about it now, after TPF, than I was before it. Of course playing it is the only way to make a fair judgement, but these are my *impressions*. Nothing more and nothing less. Am I the only one?

I’m sure everyone here and everyone involved in the project are grown up enough to accept justified, unbiased criticism, but most of those points you make are ridiculous. Posts like these give me the impression some people feel the need to justify their purchases by trying to put down games they didn’t purchase?

#3349 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I cannot believe all the uproar over one post of almost 4,000 that was contrarian to all the optimism and it was not even negative or trolling, just someone sharing their thoughts in a perfectly fine manner. I read it, thought, “hmm, that’s interesting” then moved on. I am a fan of this game and everything I’ve seen but I can handle other views. Maybe the younger crowd is rubbing off and we have a lot of new middle-aged snowflakes. It’s a forum, people say all kinds of stuff; maybe it’s not in your imagined scope of the thread, but as long as it’s not incendiary, I can’t understand why grown adults would whine about it.

Can't believe anyone is surprised by anything on Pinside after 10 years.

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

PF LE sucks and is overrated. And overpriced.
PM me so I can take your spot.

Game SUCKS!!!

(You owe me Beechwood )

#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Such a looker in person. It's a bit slower player, and ball times are longer than I would have thought. My wife kicked my ass on this game, which is unusual, but that's not a bad thing. Made her want it more. Very hard to hear anything at the show which was expected, but still always disappointing on these things. Now for the long wait for my LE.

Just removing the centre post will fix the longer ball times.

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

And now that I think about it more, Spooky has to announced their sales window because of the whole Fang Club thing. Besides the random tchotchkes you get, the whole point of their club is being able to order before non-members (not that membership guarantees you the chance to order). TNA CE and Scooby where the first times the fan club didn't gobble them all up before sales opened to non-club-members

And then there’s the American Pinball strategy where no one actually knows when the game has launched or whether it’s on sale yet. Is it?

7 months later
#5235 4 months ago

The burger is perfect.

#5264 4 months ago

Has anyone (apart from ifpapinball ) been playing this without the Centre post installed? Should solve all the complaining it’s too easy and long playing, and make the game play more like a game of the late 80’s/early 90’s. Will be the first thing I remove. Not really sure why it has one installed by default tbh.

3 weeks later
#5407 4 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:It certainly helps that we aren't relying on Pulp profits to help us make payroll.

Lucky for CGC staff they obviously aren’t either.

1 month later
#5809 83 days ago

F*ck yeh. So pumped for this. Of course will still be 6 months before we get our LE’s down here, but that video gives me the feels.

1 week later
#6100 76 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:Yep. So fast it will make your head spin.
“But there is only 1,000 LEs”.
Seriously, some people just aren’t paying attention.

Difference with PFle is it wasn’t priced ridiculously in the first place. If it drops, won’t be a lot.

#6107 75 days ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

PF - mono vs stereo. There have been several posts decrying the fact that PF is mono. As the sound guy I want the best reproduction available for the player and let me say that PF audio reproduction is very good. Why mono? It is derived from the same CGC platform that has been used for the remakes. Very few WMS pins were stereo. As far as the material, 3 out of the 5 licensed songs were issued as mono in the day, so this is hardly a come down. All dialog is essentially mono, so that is not an issue. Yes, when available I use stereo for game cues when possible and this isn't available. However, all the assets are stored as two channel assets where I specially mastered different versions of the signal for the backbox channel and the cabinet channel. What I have done to each signal is considerably more involved that your average speaker crossover. The resulting PF audio is more full-spectrum than many other pins with a flat response which ensures the music sounds good. From my June NWPAS talk I demonstrated what I am referring to with regards to PF audio, this might help. I've been living with this system for more than two years and I'm sure that it will be satisfying in your collection.

And the pitchforks were just warming up.

3 weeks later
#6547 50 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I don't think CGC is at risk of going out of business. Haggis is a big unknown at this point. See articles/threads about their most recent letter and "recapitalization." Me and a bunch of other people have paid in full for games and have no idea when/if we will ever get them. I expect downvotes from the Aussies in 3, 2, 1...

Upvoted because the crap you are enduring is crap in any country.

#6616 47 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I make a template on paper, transfer to mylar, then cut by hand with scissors. Sure I would prefer the cricut but not worth it for me considering how often I make these.

There’s nothing.wrong with any of those switch slot photos - no wear nor production issues.

To protect, just stick a rectangle of Mylar over the whole switch then use an Xacto knife to cut out the switch slot.

#6618 47 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Not sure why you are tagging my response

Just continuing the discussion on the switch protectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.