20240417_175905 (resized).jpg
20240417_175911 (resized).jpg
unk part (resized).png
unknown part (resized).png
broken spring (resized).png
Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,886 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 378.
#16151 5 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Did your hyper space chamber fit? It bas bad reviews on their site.

If memory serves, I did have to spend maybe 5-10 mins getting it to fit just right - nothing major.

#16152 5 months ago

This new price is temping but.... idk... how is the flipper strength on these things? It is cool that it is "Alien" but they seem to have made this "Aliens".

#16153 5 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

This new price is temping but.... idk... how is the flipper strength on these things? It is cool that it is "Alien" but they seem to have made this "Aliens".

This are Alien modes and Aliens modes. You pick which you want to start with and you play that entire movie. Then if you finish those, you move to the other. It’s split right down the middle between the two films.

#16154 5 months ago

The ripley art kind of makes it seem like an Aliens game, but that's kind of why I like the original SV artwork being more simple. You choose which movie your primarily playing at ball launch.

#16155 5 months ago

The LV artwork is also heavily skewed towards Aliens with the queen featured prominently. Doesn't bother me at all though, I just LOVE that they focussed on the 2 best movies in the franchise in the gameplay itself.

#16156 5 months ago

this game might benefit I think if EOS switches are implemented.
Is there really a confirmation somewhere that this is happening?

#16157 5 months ago

I think the flippers on Alien are great. They remind me of Bally flippers.

#16158 5 months ago

All seems the same to me.

I like the blue blinky lights better than the green blinky lights is all.

#16159 5 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The LV artwork is also heavily skewed towards Aliens with the queen featured prominently. Doesn't bother me at all though, I just LOVE that they focussed on the 2 best movies in the franchise in the gameplay itself.

Cheers to that! Alien3 and the rest can go kiss it. I remember seeing Alien3 in the theater with my Twin, and we just looked at each other during the credits saying ‘WTF, they just ruined the franchise’. Then the AvP crap. The comic was supposed to portray the 3rd film as Aliens: Earth War. With Newt as a teenager and wiping up Aliens on Earth. Probably wouldn’t have worked out well without modern graphics though. Anyways I share your love for the 1st two films. That’s all that matters!

#16160 5 months ago

Hey guys little post about a mechanical issue on my LV. I noticed in gameplay just how weak the right sling was. And wasn't like a coil weakness so I lifted the playfield to have a look. See the pictures the one image is the left sling with a proper pin with a locking collar on holding that arm that goes up into the playfield. Other image shows the right sling that clearly is completely missing the pin and collar.

Odd as I swear both slings worked great for a while but if It fell out in my home during play I would expect to find that hardware somewhere in my cabinet but I just do not.

Anyhow I will talk to my distributor but if anyone knows the exact parts I would appreciate it.
Right sling 2 (resized).jpgRight sling 2 (resized).jpgright sling 1 (resized).jpgright sling 1 (resized).jpg

#16161 5 months ago

Follow up post now for some reason after putting the playfiend back down and glass in etc etc the auto launching of the balls won't stop. It just does one after another endlessly. Seems very odd with the timing of me lifting up my playfield to inspect things. Any thoughts on where to check? anyone else had this issue?

EDIT - It thinks its missing a ball accoridng to a system message but it is not. All 6 are in there.

#16162 5 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Follow up post now for some reason after putting the playfiend back down and glass in etc etc the auto launching of the balls won't stop. It just does one after another endlessly. Seems very odd with the timing of me lifting up my playfield to inspect things. Any thoughts on where to check? anyone else had this issue?
EDIT - It thinks its missing a ball accoridng to a system message but it is not. All 6 are in there.

Take all the balls out and check the status of all the trough switches and the shooter lane (none should be active). Then drop one ball at a time into the trough checking that the appropriate trough switch closes - most likely one of the trough switches isn't working or has an intermittent wiring connection

#16163 5 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

this game might benefit I think if EOS switches are implemented.
Is there really a confirmation somewhere that this is happening?

yep EOS code is in teh new Ripley version.. i just dont know how it is implemented in reality. there are wire connections for EOS on the boards, but no EOS on the flipper mech soooo dunno.

#16164 5 months ago

Happy the pin is based on the first two movies, and rightly so but I enjoyed of them all in their own way, especially 3. It’s just impossible to follow up the greatness and the second felt like a closure to the Ripley story. Writing in general has been on a downward trajectory in movies.

#16165 5 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

The game is thinking there isnt enough balls in the trough. I have seen this happen quite a few times now. Sometimes I forget to plug something back in when working on stuff underneath, or once I simply forgot to put enough balls in.

#16166 5 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Cheers to that! Alien3 and the rest can go kiss it. I remember seeing Alien3 in the theater with my Twin, and we just looked at each other during the credits saying ‘WTF, they just ruined the franchise’. Then the AvP crap. The comic was supposed to portray the 3rd film as Aliens: Earth War. With Newt as a teenager and wiping up Aliens on Earth. Probably wouldn’t have worked out well without modern graphics though. Anyways I share your love for the 1st two films. That’s all that matters!

I actually kind of like Alien 3. I feel like that was a big movie release when I was younger.

Now, if you want to really talk about a bad movie, lets talk about Alien 4. The ending of that was just so ridiculous lol hahahaha.

AvP1 is awesome! Sorry, I like it a lot.

#16167 5 months ago

Alien 3 is a fine movie. It wasn't a crowd pleaser and it's not the movie folks expected after the action spectacular that was Aliens. As I've gotten older, I appreciate it far more, and the assembly cut also improved alot. It's a nihilistic and dreary film which some folks just weren't wanting.

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

The movies were never gonna follow the comics/books, back then that was all just licensed fan fiction that movie studios paid no attention to.

All the original ideas for 3 were to be more action oriented adventures with the cast getting swept up into more situations in space where of course xenos would pop back up again and again. The most common scripts involved the space commies picking up the crew post Aliens and them having to fend off aliens on space stations and such.

Despite being successful, the films were not MASSIVE blockbusters still, they wanted the budgets to be conservative still and the stuff in the comics were impossible to do back then without insane money.

#16168 5 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The game is thinking there isnt enough balls in the trough. I have seen this happen quite a few times now. Sometimes I forget to plug something back in when working on stuff underneath, or once I simply forgot to put enough balls in.

I think maybe I knocked this small connector off on the main trough that holds the 6 balls, but plugging it back in has not fixed anything. Will go through and check all of the trough switches.

#16169 5 months ago

I actually do appreciate Alien3 as a sci-fi flick but not in the Alien Franchise world. It is a compelling and stylish film..again, if it’s separated from the Alien world-story. Killing off Newt and Hicks was disastrous to my brain lol. The 4th film was just a huge money-grab and waa bizarre with that dude from dune, making out with the Aliens (or whatever was going on there lol. AvP1 was ok’ but that was it...the other ones were utter crap. They did the same with the Predator franchise.; regurgitation

#16170 5 months ago

Hey guys a few more details about my missing ball problem. Hoping for some help here as I was really digging the machine and playing a lot lately. I had every shot so dialed in even the hypersleep shot I hit at least half the tries I had. Now I flushed all those fine tunings down the toilet with a factory reset trying to fix my issue

Okay first the image, I found the one circled in red loose not connected to anything. Guessing I did that as I was trying to get the balls before I lifted the playfield and the machine got turned on with it unplugged. I have since plugged it back in but has not helped, the machine is still reacting the same way. Is it plugged into the right spot?

Next are videos showing the situation that seems to clearly indicate that the machine is almost acting like it has a bad connection completely wigging out the trough counter or trough ejecter. Maybe its just ejecting them so quick it always thinks a ball is missing?

EDIT - never mind I can't put in the videos but imagine an infinite loop of ball ejecting from the trough over and overendlessly.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Trough (resized).jpgTrough (resized).jpg
#16171 5 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Hey guys a few more details about my missing ball problem. Hoping for some help here as I was really digging the machine and playing a lot lately. I had every shot so dialed in even the hypersleep shot I hit at least half the tries I had. Now I flushed all those fine tunings down the toilet with a factory reset trying to fix my issue
Okay first the image, I found the one circled in red loose not connected to anything. Guessing I did that as I was trying to get the balls before I lifted the playfield and the machine got turned on with it unplugged. I have since plugged it back in but has not helped, the machine is still reacting the same way. Is it plugged into the right spot?
Next are videos showing the situation that seems to clearly indicate that the machine is almost acting like it has a bad connection completely wigging out the trough counter or trough ejecter. Maybe its just ejecting them so quick it always thinks a ball is missing?
EDIT - never mind I can't put in the videos but imagine an infinite loop of ball ejecting from the trough over and overendlessly.
[quoted image]

First place to start is checking the ball optos...

#16172 5 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

[quoted image]

Check balls for mangetization?

#16173 5 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

First place to start is checking the ball optos...

Can you tell me where all of them are? is it just in the troughs and by checking how would I check them?

#16174 5 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

[quoted image]

Did you go into switch test mode and drop the balls into the trough one at a time - are any of the trough switches working or are they all out? You can often verify an IR opto LED in working using the front camera on a mobile phone (note the rear camera typically has an IR filter so you can't use that)

#16175 5 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Did you go into switch test mode and drop the balls into the trough one at a time - are any of the trough switches working or are they all out? You can often verify an IR opto LED in working using the front camera on a mobile phone (note the rear camera typically has an IR filter so you can't use that)

Yes Under Ball test I was testing the troughs they all seemed to read correctly EXCEPT the very first ball test which is the Autolaunch trough. This screen just goes into a rapid fire beeping sound. The data about 0 balls in play and such seem to be correct I think but its just wigging out beeping constantly.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16176 5 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Yes Under Ball test I was testing the troughs they all seemed to read correctly EXCEPT the very first ball test which is the Autolaunch trough. This screen just goes into a rapid fire beeping sound. The data about 0 balls in play and such seem to be correct I think but its just wigging out beeping constantly.

u have 6 balls installed?

#16177 5 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

This is the screen that is freaking out. It seems to know there are 6 balls in the trough and zero in play but it is just spamming a beeping sound very fast to where its nearly one long sound. The trough seems to be freaking out and wanting to eject then the machine thinks there is a missing ball because once it starts spitting balls it cannot find all 6 in time for the game start since the ball spitting starts to happen very early in the boot up process like before it gets to the actual game imagery.

Trough (resized).jpgTrough (resized).jpg
#16178 5 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

u have 6 balls installed?

Yes 100% - see latest post I think its the most telling. Issue I don't think is actually a mssing ball the game just comes up with that system message because the trough is freaking out and spitting balls out before it does its final ball check to start the game and when it does the check they are already spitting all over the place.

#16179 5 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Yes 100% - see latest post I think its the most telling. Issue I don't think is actually a mssing ball the game just comes up with that system message because the trough is freaking out and spitting balls out before it does its final ball check to start the game and when it does the check they are already spitting all over the place.

I would contact PB support and send in a debug report. They can guide you through the process if you haven't done it before. It should provide all the information needed to explain what is happening.

The beep happens whenever the ball count in that device changes, so rapid beeping tells me you have a switch that is fluctuating really fast. You should be able to see that on the screen though, you would see one of the circles at the top going on and off.

#16180 5 months ago
Quoted from bcd:

I would contact PB support and send in a debug report. They can guide you through the process if you haven't done it before. It should provide all the information needed to explain what is happening.

The beep happens whenever the ball count in that device changes, so rapid beeping tells me you have a switch that is fluctuating really fast. You should be able to see that on the screen though, you would see one of the circles at the top going on and off.

Thank you - I will check that screen again to see if I see that change.

I have put in a ticket with PB but not with a bug report yet, perhaps I will wait for initial response then go through that process with them.

#16181 5 months ago

Does it read appropriately with the trough empty? Is there a jam opto (opto above ball#1)? It seems like the most likely candidate would be that opto just barely making a connection and detecting on/off and trying to clear itself.

#16182 5 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Does it read appropriately with the trough empty? Is there a jam opto (opto above ball#1)? It seems like the most likely candidate would be that opto just barely making a connection and detecting on/off and trying to clear itself.

Thanks for the ideas - I went to check.

No it does not read correctly on that screen I would suggest. This screen shot of that ball test is with just one ball down in the trough the other 5 in my pocket. Still seems to read 6 in the trough and the Beeping is still constant. I could not detect one of the zeros flashing in and out either, screen seemed stagnant with fast beeping with one ball in.

Other image is where the balls sit in the trough, with just one ball or 6 they sit like that, seems correct yes?

Last comment is a side note, I found that flap I outlined in red loose and swiveling and I tightened it down how you see it now, is that correct or should it be on the top?

one (resized).jpgone (resized).jpgtwo (resized).jpgtwo (resized).jpg
#16183 5 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Thanks for the ideas - I went to check.
No it does not read correctly on that screen I would suggest. This screen shot of that ball test is with just one ball down in the trough the other 5 in my pocket. Still seems to read 6 in the trough and the Beeping is still constant. I could not detect one of the zeros flashing in and out either, screen seemed stagnant with fast beeping with one ball in.
Other image is where the balls sit in the trough, with just one ball or 6 they sit like that, seems correct yes?
Last comment is a side note, I found that flap I outlined in red loose and swiveling and I tightened it down how you see it now, is that correct or should it be on the top?
[quoted image][quoted image]

the flappy thing is supposed to be loose.. it pivots into place to prevent balls from coming out when you lift the playfield. It looks Like Pbros changed this up in newer models.. early SV.LV units did not have this.

#16184 5 months ago

Wait, I never knew this if I’m reading correctly. You’re saying if I lift the playfield the balls won’t come flying out if I leave them in the trough?

#16185 5 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

the flappy thing is supposed to be loose.. it pivots into place to prevent balls from coming out when you lift the playfield. It looks Like Pbros changed this up in newer models.. early SV.LV units did not have this.

Oh shit okay will loosen it up again

#16186 5 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Wait, I never knew this if I’m reading correctly. You’re saying if I lift the playfield the balls won’t come flying out if I leave them in the trough?

Lots of machines have those flaps, if it's a stern or something, just stuff a rag in the hole and you won't have to take the balls out.

simples-jay.gifsimples-jay.gif

#16187 5 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Yes. This was a Pinball 2000 innovation, but several manufacturers now ship this with their games. Such a simple, clever invention.

#16188 5 months ago

This definitely not on ALL of these games. Ask me how I know...

#16189 5 months ago
Quoted from Midgard:

Any help would be great so my shaker motor hasn’t been working so i start rooting around on the bottom of the play field and I noticed a couple black wires coming from that small silver thing located in the middle of the cabinet have been destroyed and pulled out so this may be my problem not sure how this happened and where these cables went or what that silver thing even does so any help would be awesome thank you

The big heat sink enclosure looks like a DC step up or step down converter.

The connector housing looks like a 2p mini fit (pn#0039013028)

#16190 5 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Thats correct. Its not 100%, so just use a little caution when lifting.

Otherwise, like Punkin said, stuff a rag in there. I havent ejected balls when lifting up the playfield in many, many years...

#16191 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This definitely not on ALL of these games. Ask me how I know...

Not on mine either i don't think, but it is common.

#16192 5 months ago

When does the code come? Its going to end up coming when im away for Thanksgiving next week, I just know it

#16193 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not on mine either i don't think, but it is common.

I stock the ball stop part now to put in all my pins when I get them.

#16194 5 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I stock the ball stop part now to put in all my pins when I get them.

I stock a microfiber cloth.

#16195 5 months ago

Official translite for Ellen version?
credit Nitro pinball facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1054334885923507&set=pcb.1054344045922591

#16196 5 months ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

credit Nitro pinball facebook.[quoted image]

New translite is good and I would definitely replace my LV with that.

#16197 5 months ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

credit Nitro pinball facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1054334885923507&set=pcb.1054344045922591

Wow! I'd say too good to be true for the US. Fingers crossed.

Here are those Pics from Nitro Pinball, I'm not on facebook.

Those are Ripley Cabinets and they don't say pending approval but also don't have Lior's The Art for Pinball sculpts in them that the US is getting. I'm guessing these are not for the US customers?

397870014_1054344569255872_7536936821313405063_n (resized).jpg397870014_1054344569255872_7536936821313405063_n (resized).jpg400953321_1054344775922518_24014993523851645_n (resized).jpg400953321_1054344775922518_24014993523851645_n (resized).jpg400981023_1054344892589173_2871125659502789655_n (1) (resized).jpg400981023_1054344892589173_2871125659502789655_n (1) (resized).jpg
#16198 5 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

New translite is good and I would definitely replace my LV with that.

Hmmm, is the the new licensor approved backglass? Or is this KJS work on a production game? Looks very samey.

EDIT: I see the PB logo on it at the bottom, too.

#16199 5 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Wow! I'd say too good to be true for the US. Fingers crossed.
Here are those Pics from Nitro Pinball, I'm not on facebook.
Those are Ripley Cabinets and they don't say pending approval but also don't have Lior's The Art for Pinball sculpts in them that the US is getting. I'm guessing these are not for the US customers?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it was mentioned that Lior's mods would ship after the games, due to the time it takes for him and his team to make and paint them. At least, that is how I understood it.

#16200 5 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think it was mentioned that Lior's mods would ship after the games, due to the time it takes for him and his team to make and paint them. At least, that is how I understood it.

So there is hope!

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,886 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/324 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.