IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is the possibility they never get to the LV's....hate to be that guy.....but let's face it....it is definitely a possibility.

They've had years to plan this all out and finally get their ducks in a row before starting the teasers and and announcing the standard edition. But yeah anything could happen.

The LV's guarantee 500 more units sold which brings in the extra LV dollars on top of the standard unit price. What reasons would a company have to forfeit that? It would have to be something majorly awry for them to not capture such big sales dollars. I'm pretty sure if they aren't making those LV's down the road then they aren't making Standards then either. That would be heartbreaking!

I recently corresponded with Pinball Brothers about some LV ideas and they assured me they've already thought of most of them because they've been thinking about the LV for 2 years now.

They did say they considered capping the LV run at 426 but they believe it's just not enough games for the demand they're currently seeing. So probably "at least not more than" 500 like they mentioned in the podcast.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, you can dream about things - but there is a huge difference between 'ideas' and doing the math with real numbers.

Offering it doesn't mean you've sold it. There is no 'guarantee 500 more units sold'... especially when you have no idea what the price point or perceived value is yet. 500 is a big number... even Stern struggles to sell 500 of many of their LEs.

You ever had a salesman tell you sales are really bad when you're talking about buying something?
People are bonkers to be all over hyped about a LE version that they don't even know what it is...

Quite a gloomy outlook. This time around at least no one buying an Alien pin will lose any money as PB stepped out of the loop and staged the pins to go through certain key distributors for the end users. That's gotta offer a tiny bit of confidence. I remain optimistic.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I've heard that we may not find out what's on the LV until March, by then we could already have SE's in hand

Where'd you hear that? I didn't think we'd hear about the LV details that early. I was thinking the LV announcement coming around May.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Soo....wtf? Does that mean it will be black on LV? Kind of an ambiguous statement. Honestly, makes zero sense unless they plan on selling 'alternate' trim to make money.

They did say colored trim on sides and lock down bar for LV's in the podcast. So probably colored trim on top?

#139 3 years ago

Happy Christmas nightmares to all

e5ba9fa9624feb02b206db020a29314f (resized).jpge5ba9fa9624feb02b206db020a29314f (resized).jpg

1 week later
#176 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

It was a smart gun.

I have a HCG replica still in the box somewhere I haven't opened yet. When I get my pin I'll definitely get it out for display. Might be a little big for a topper though at 4 feet long
Smart_Gun_800_1 (resized).jpgSmart_Gun_800_1 (resized).jpgSmart_Gun_800_16 (resized).jpgSmart_Gun_800_16 (resized).jpg
Smart_Gun_800_5 (resized).jpgSmart_Gun_800_5 (resized).jpg

Edit: Found it!
IMG_20210105_214124~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20210105_214124~2 (resized).jpg

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

We were asked to produce Alien playfields for the Pinball Brothers, they didnt want to go cheap, they wanted quality playfields.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Hooray for Pinball Brothers!

...and great work on the play field quality Buthamburg Team! It looks outstanding.

1 month later
#402 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Coin Taker doesn’t appear to have them
Look I’m not mad at them. But set a timeline and then do better.

Melissa at CoinTaker has the incoming tracking info. Their 2 pins are in transit if not already recently received.
She said 2 weeks ago it was a weather related delay. You kind of just have to consider the delay an "Act of God."

In legal usage throughout the English-speaking world, an act of God is a natural hazard outside human control for which no person can be held responsible.

"Do better?"

I'm sure CoinTaker needs a little time too. They may wish to present video of game play with some degree of professionalism. If you think about it they are taking on quite a lofty responsibility introducing the completed pin to the masses.

Would you rather see video from the manufacturer like Andrew would do or the product in its finalized form from the distributor?

In my opinion information from the distributor is more in sync with what you can expect to get in your home.

Perhaps PB have such confidence that the pin will speak for itself by letting it's introduction come from the last step in the supply chain, and a nice perk for one of their distributors.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So did the drop ship fall in the ocean? Are they feeding Melissa lies? I mean...wtf? This is the kind of BS I can't stand from companies.

Again, that Act of God thing. I suspect the delay occurred between the drop point and the rest of the journey to CoinTaker.

But who really knows? Lot's of things can go bad on a drop ship...
aliensdropship02 (resized).jpgaliensdropship02 (resized).jpg

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can’t ship in winter because of weather and snow , can’t ship in summer because too many mosquitos

And forget about Autumn... the leaves are changing colors.

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Ok I’ll bite:
“Thank you all who have had faith in Pinball Brothers to place down deposits on our current SE. As you know manufacturing a new machine is an adventure. We don’t expect to have all these machines that have been reserved for 12 months. We don’t even expect to deliver any machines until June at the earliest. Why ? Well we are still working out a manufacturing process and the line still hasn’t been fully established. And finally we have to build 200 of these to meet even current demand. We have put together two pre production units for Coin Taker to have our distributors look it over and tell us what changes they think need to be made. They are in route and will arrive in 3 weeks. We still have to finalize the unit before build and sort out some play field and electrical issues. This may take us another 2-3 months. For those waiting for a LE, we understand your enthusiasm. We have to be focused for now on the SE and get them out which is why we haven’t announced a waiting list, ordering, featured for that yet. You can subscribe to our LE announcement email and when we are ready for pre-order you will be the first to know price and feature set.”
Look this isn’t about “big boy pants” as you put it. They announced the machine. They made it seem (or let others make it seem) imminent it was rolling off the production line. They started letting pre-orders take place. When you hype something, expect those you have hyped it to to have some expectations. As a company get ahead of that and set the expectations for them. Otherwise you are at the mercy of Snark. Basic company PR 101 which I have seen every single boutique pinball manufacturer fail in their own unique way at. The only difference between the Deeproot people and the Pinball Brothers people is a lack of arrogance.
I find it funny that in a fanboy thread if anyone (even someone who has ordered it) isn’t willing to march lock step with the fanboys then it becomes let’s go after that guy rather than ask whether the company could do a better job communication, whether the attention to communication reflects the same attention they put into hype.

Not sure if you're intentionally trying to be provocative or just trolling us "Fanboys."

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Neither. You are just choosing to interpret what I wrote that way.
[quoted image]

I don't know about that. Putting your words in quotes like it was actually from PB and the creative exaggerations kinda seems like something else.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

My last post in this thread before draining (I’ve only made 5 total). So everyone can be happy again about any possible negativity escaping into the room. I’m sorry I ruined the party. Hey look I would love to sing the praises of the game. Release a full game play video (since you are supposed to be shipping it in volume in less than 3 1/2 months) and I would have lots to talk about. Instead pretty much crickets. The red flags are there if one looks and wants to see. I’ll revisit in 4 months and see where we are and whether we have all reached a happy place. I hope for the best for my own pre-order sake. I fear for the worst given what has been presented thus far. You may all resume your normally scheduled program.

Relax, you didn't ruin the party.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's so we can see there is even a product at all.

I believe there is a product. 2 pins were dispatched to CoinTaker as promised by PB. So we wait.

“The-Sky-is-Falling”-Chicken-Little1 (resized).jpg“The-Sky-is-Falling”-Chicken-Little1 (resized).jpg
#424 3 years ago

I can already see how this is going to go after CoinTaker presents the pin:

Ooh, ah, ...that’s how it always starts. But then later there’s running and screaming.

Wait, apologies, wrong franchise.

After the initial relief and excitement of seeing the first 2 pins at CoinTaker people will immediately turn to, "Well where's my machine? When are they getting here? Have they shipped any yet?" And my favorite will be, "Do they even have a factory making them?"

Love it. All of it.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I will say I feel sorry for CT lol. All the people calling them constantly for no real reason. Even if CT gets those 2....we still don't know when/if they'll stay around long enough to get the orders completed. It's all a guessing game at this point.

Hahaha Zablon, beat you to it with my post above!

Seriously, whatever will be will be. I love the waiting period though. The anticipation, the pie in the sky dreams, all feel good healthy happy stuff.

And all this with no risks!!!

The only downside is what you eluded to and I agree, FOMO

To quote another franchise
yoda-quote-path-to-the-darkside-1024x538 (resized).jpgyoda-quote-path-to-the-darkside-1024x538 (resized).jpg

Have no fear, PB are here!

2 months later
#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I emailed cointaker to get my name on an LV, is there any indication of how many LV’s will be made and how many are spoken for?

I'd be interested in what their LV list is up to. Let us know what number on the list you get. They're making 500 LV's.

#728 2 years ago

500 right?

4 months later
#3007 2 years ago

I found an old post to share from a very handsome dude:

Quoted from Yipykya:

I listened to the podcast where Pinball Brothers made their big introductory announcement and was keenly interested on what they had to say about the planned LV model differences starting at 2:05:20 -
At least not more than 500 LV's will be made.
It will have the same game play but other toys and lighting effects.
Color trim on side and lock down bar.
They have a list of addons they are evaluating to see what they can squeeze into the LV but it's more than can fit so further evaluation is needed to balance that out.

I guess demand for the LV changed the "at least not more than 500 LV's will be made" bit.

Regardless, I was always in for the LV version as an Alien pin has always been my most anticipated and hoped for pin, ...ever. Yes, I'm an Alien fanboy, not just for the pin, for the whole Alien franchise.

I look forward to parking this pin in my game room and learning about the little details that set it apart from the standard edition when PB has it finalized and ready to show off. I think the announcement of the LV happened this way because PB has had a business plan from the day they took over the license - and they're sticking to it, time lines be damned.

The fact that the Limited Edition number got upped may speak to their success thus far. Going back to when they announced they were going to have a go at this, many here wished them the best but voiced their doubts loudly.

But look where we are now. They did it. That can't be argued with. Way back when they made their big introductory announcement they said they were going to make, deliver, and refine a standard edition before offering an LV.

It's almost time to cash in on all the hard work and hurdles they've overcome. I'm not speaking as a pinball enthusiast as most speaking here actually are, just an Alien fanboy excited for the ultimate toy in my little world.

As someone that wired $6500.00 to Andrew with fingers crossed, and by the grace of God managed to get it back upon a request at just the right time, I feel much more confident this time around that things are shaping up for my big boy toy acquisition.

I remain a glass half full dude with fingers crossed once again.

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The game was always designed...from concept to creation, to have an LCD in the playfield.

That makes for a good argument when you're in the HW bubble, but those aren't being made anymore.

The pin has been revamped and through the changes it is being manufactured quite successfully now.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, ...no matter anymore. The original was a beautiful thing but it's done now, history. No one can change that.

The revised edition has it's own unique perks to behold and it's evident what the market presently may well be clamoring for next.

Admittedly, maybe not by a number of OG owners but that's a comparatively small number.

2 years later
#15620 6 months ago

I'm an Alien Franchise fanboy. Anything Alien - I like.

I ultimately was hesitant and passed on the LV a long ways back while Pinball Brothers were just getting their legs under them but after seeing this New Ripley version offering I'm back in. I just purchased the playfield flasher kit, shaker, and paid the topper deposit. The interactive topper announcement with the promised new software enhancement package put me over the top.

I've tuned in to Pinside here and there over the years and read through the LV and SV owners trouble shooting this or that while being taken care of nicely by PB customer support. After seeing the high def pics shared today I'm confident the time has come for me to finally pull the trigger. I love the new contrasting "busy" artwork all over this Ripley edition.

Life is good.

I noticed Jonesy has merited a spot on one side of the backboard box, I wonder if Disney has hidden a certain "Mouse" for us on there somewhere?

Perfect quotes for the new Ripley software update:

“I Got You, You Son Of A Bitch.”

and of course how could they leave out this little doozy:

Alien 1979

Ellen Ripley October 8th, 2092 - August 27th, 2179

#15704 6 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Can anyone who has bought a recent Alien machine in the past few months comment on their experience with any issues? I want to support the company but I also want a reliable machine for $8k. I'm hoping that a few people can confirm that PB worked out most of the issues at this point in time. Thanks

I'm going to purchase the new Ripley version of Alien and can't speak to past experience with an Alien pinball machine. I was hesitant to purchase in the early stages of the new company and share the concern you speak of today. I totally get where your coming from.

However, I feel Pinball Brothers are exhibiting a greater confidence in producing a solid reliable machine today. I would surmise over the last couple years they have learned through customer support experiences ...demonstrated by actively continuing to upgrade parts and improving systems in their machines.

For example, their Warranty for the other machines, all the previous Alien editions and the current Queen editions - come with a 6 Month Warranty and 12 Months for the display.

They announced the Warranty has now been doubled to 1 Year and 2 Years for the new Ripley Version. I don't know if that Warranty will carry over to future Pins they will come out with or if it's unique to this Ripley "Celebration" pin, but it's a good sign they feel the gremlins are worked out of the Alien platform going forward at least.

Ellen Ripley Version: Extended warranty
Pinball Brothers are also pleased to inform that the Ellen Ripley Version will come with an extended warranty, covering 12 months for all mechanical and electronical parts and 24 months for the display.

Quite a "Celebration" indeed.

1 week later
#15901 5 months ago

Anyone care for some entertainment concerning the Alien Topper? Then read on...

Curious about the Ripley Topper by Lior Rajwan. I bought one just for FOMO because I'm a helpless Alien Franchise Fanboy. I've waited so long for this machine, having finally pulled the trigger and giving a deposit for the Ripley Edition. I remember feeling a sense of relief when the PB Store accepted my $200.00 for the topper deposit. So I'm locked in. I'm getting one. This is going to happen! I can relax and not regret later I didn't try when the "window" was open. (Honestly I didn't care what it cost - I would pay anything - I'm such a weak Alien fanboy)

I bought the WD topper for $399.00 when it was first introduced by Stern and remember reading how exorbitant everyone thought that price was at the time. Stern was trashed left and right as a thieving money grubbing villanous scourge. Now it seems that's considered peanuts for a Manufacturer's topper. It's nuts!

Just now I went to the PB store out of curiosity and put 301 toppers in the shopping basket there and proceeded like I was ready to check out. I clicked on Buy - Proceed to Checkout - and pay the $60,200.00 deposit dollars just to see if it would limit me ...so I might deduce how many are left available... and it was ready to take my billing address and process my credit card! Yikes! - I thought red flags would go up and I'd be stopped in my tracks ...but it was indeed ready to process. Thank you for your order and have a nice day.

So if this Topper is limited to 300, and Pinball Brothers are selling them directly through their Pinball Brothers US store, and the Pinball Brothers Distributors are each allocated so many to sell, (and they ARE taking the deposits) and prior Alien owners may be interested in this "Official" topper sanctified through Pinball Brothers adding to "demand," ...is someone really counting and keeping close track?

I mean, right now it's just a $200.00 deposit for a $1395.00 topper, people will back out. OMG! What if I'm number 301 ...AND NO ONE BACKS OUT? This isn't a done deal. I'm not locked in. I'm not getting my topper! This is horrible. Cancel my Ripley Edition order I'm done.

Ok, I admit that at least had me smiling as I typed it.

Anyway, concerning topper sales in general across the board, do they get brought back and re-made often? When I first saw the Alien topper limited quantity number of 300 and the MSRP price the first thing I thought was "if these actually sell out real fast it would be crazy not to make more." Why not make another batch of 300 or so for a gross of half a million dollars? What business could pass that up. Is "Limited really Limited in this business?

Are you better off trying to secure a topper buying it direct from the manufacturer (as in this case) or through one of their distributors with an allocation number from that manufacturer? I know I know - third world problems.

Well? Were you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE (resized).jpgIS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE (resized).jpg

#15905 5 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Very entertaining. I don’t get why manufacturers completely limit these. I get jacking the price to make bank early but there should always be a lessor version that isn’t limited. They toss out like 10-20 times the customer potential after they invested in development. Add some small tweaks like hand painted, extra lights, or a gadget for the limited then just allow the market to buy the base add ons after the buyer recoups some money from an expensive pin purchase. What’s the worst case for a supplier, they are stuck with too many Chinese plastic molds that cost them pennies on the dollar, then time for a sale.

Well, I don't want to diminish the "majesty" and presence of this piece by treating its existence harshly, so allow me to play devil's advocate now.

It's fair to say, in this case at least, this is hand made to some degree? I mean, there's some skill, artistry, and time involved making and painting these pieces.

And there's an Alien sculpt involved so it's not a generic toy. That probably had to be approved by - Disney? Another licensing deal there? Perhaps certain parameters and limitations needed to be adhered to?

Everyone involved in this creation down the line has to make something concerning the price. That adds up $$

And perhaps some forethought in all the planning comes into play in the wiring and the plug and play nature of the adapters with all the machines? I mean it's more than a figure, it's got some engineering going on with movement and circuit boards.

And what's going to happen with the lights being synchronized with game play and setting moods you see within different modes. That's somebody's job to plan that out.

Maybe there's a $$ argument for those things and the myriad nuances that I'm not even aware of?

This probably took a significant amount of time to plan and come together.

Gosh, now I feel guilty for casually dismissing all of that kind of stuff. Have I offended all the people that put work into bringing this to fruition?

My apologies and praise goes out to all those people that put a cherry on top of my little hobby indulgence.

Had to be said.

#15925 5 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry, not sure the point of this. You either buy the topper because you like it, or you dont. Seems you are more interested in it trying to gain value...

Primarily it's just a rambling thought.

But I guess the point is I want one. I put a deposit down for one. I would be upset if I couldn't get one. Seems like there is no limit on how many you can buy right now.

If they over sell and get say 500 deposits, what happens to the other 200 that don't get one? I don't want to be in the latter group.

I don't care what they cost. But I do have an appreciation for what went into them now.

And I don't care at all what the "value" is. I don't sell stuff (just cars when I move on).

I'm a selfish bastard that way.

#15933 5 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id imagine someone who ordered more than one would be limited.

Agreed and I would hope so. Still, I hate that feeling that "what if I didn't get in before the 1st 300 and I discover i got cut out next month when they're shipping."

No way to know for sure if no one is tracking the deposits sold. And I'm saying that because the store doesn't seem to be setup with an auto cutoff when the available inventory limit is reached. Just hoping it doesn't turn into a debacle.

#15937 5 months ago

Here's another classic Ripley quote I hope makes its way in to the new code update

I think a variation of this is written on one side of the back box on the Ellen Ripley Version

Nuke (resized).jpgNuke (resized).jpg
#15939 5 months ago

1 week later
#16052 5 months ago

Can anyone comment on Cliffy's Pinball Brothers™ Alien™ playfield protector set?

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

I successfully added Cliffy's to my TWD years ago but as I recall it was mostly very simple plug and play installation, mostly.

Does it look like the Aliens protector set might involve major playfield disassembly to install? Looks like a lot to me. I wouldn't want to screw up anthing with my novice level pinball skill set. So I'm wondering if I should get the set since I'm starting out with a new machine.

And can you speak towards the necessity for it in a home use situation?

alien-PB-cf-pfset001 (resized).jpgalien-PB-cf-pfset001 (resized).jpg
alien-PB-st-pfset001 (resized).jpgalien-PB-st-pfset001 (resized).jpgpb-alien-drain-inst002 (resized).jpgpb-alien-drain-inst002 (resized).jpgpb-alien-airlock-inst001 (resized).jpgpb-alien-airlock-inst001 (resized).jpgpb-alien-kickout-inst002 (resized).jpgpb-alien-kickout-inst002 (resized).jpgpb-alien-ejects-inst001 (resized).jpgpb-alien-ejects-inst001 (resized).jpg

#16063 5 months ago

The Ripley Version will be my first Alien Pinball machine and only my 2nd pinball machine ever. I'm real excited to put it next to my TWD and learn about it's secrets as I get close to retirement. It has a special spot saved in the back of the home theater room downstairs amongst other Alien paraphernalia I've collected.

This has been the welcoming harbinger hanging in the stairwell for many years leading down to the queen's lair:

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Pinside_forum_6201391_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6201391_0 (resized).jpg
#16113 5 months ago

I'm digging this custom mini screen frame. Just looked at the details, and wow!
custom mini frame (resized).jpgcustom mini frame (resized).jpgcustom mini screen frame (resized).jpgcustom mini screen frame (resized).jpg

Quoted from Aurich:

Kelly and Lior worked together to re-render the doors to match the frame.

So if I'm understanding this right, the code was tweaked on the mini screen display for this particular mod? That's some nice team work and attention to detail there!

It looks like the 7 little "lights" in each of the 4 corners of the mini screen frame are being reflected on to the digital doors with the software update. Nice effect that combines the mod into the coding there. Is that really what I'm seeing? So F'n cool!
Just wow (resized).jpgJust wow (resized).jpg

#16117 5 months ago

Found these saved in a junk drawer from years ago. I remember buying them for $10 or $15 per case set and were shipped from somewhere far far away. Each came with a stick of bubblegum individually boxed and a little support platform. I know I have more of them, ...somewhere.

drop ship (resized).jpgdrop ship (resized).jpgloader (resized).jpgloader (resized).jpgset (resized).jpgset (resized).jpgsulaco (resized).jpgsulaco (resized).jpgtoys - Copy (resized).jpgtoys - Copy (resized).jpg
#16125 5 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Where can I find these?

Search for Konami alien figures vol 1, vol 2

#16126 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Unlikely, that is just a photoshop promo image, the "glow" effect off the frame is just nonsense, it would look weird and make no sense on the other models without the frame. From the show floor stuff of the Ripleys, it's just a plastic frame around the screen, they didn't tweak the videos on the screen.

I don't know what to tell ya pal, this is a screen shot grab from Expo 2023 and those sure do look like "glow" effects from the frame on the corners of the digital doors:
Ripley Screen (resized).jpegRipley Screen (resized).jpeg

And I would tend to think Aurich knows what he's talking about relevant to the Kelly and Lior partnership concerning the frame.

Quoted from Aurich:

Yup, Kelly and Lior worked together to re-render the doors to match the frame.

Again, wow! Such a nice collaboration there. A minor code tweak that makes the "plastic frame" pop on the Ripley Version. Remember Lior's motto "OTHERS MAKE MODS - WE CREATE ART"

I don't think many existing Alien owners will be truly upset about this minor detail as it's really the Ripley presence most wanted to see and hear in an Alien Pin.

Do you honestly think this sort of minor detail will really keep ANYONE with an existing machine from upgrading their code? Not a chance. If anything, it will encourage existing owners want to pop for the screen add-on. And why not? It's very cool, right? Brilliant for add-on sales if you think about it.

#16128 5 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It is a mixed bag there as well, obviously. Of course there is a self declared 'King of Alien' or two over there. Sometimes they have tiffs. It certainly ain't me lol, I'm just the sort that got ignored because people didn't seem to like logic and reason. I do my thing, and share it. I did make the game Siteable, because I operate. Plenty of posts about things I've found, done and fixed. Often just overshadowed by the next lot of flashy posts Lol. Also make observations based on Playing the Games. Anyway, it's just what happens, isn't it. I post what Happened, and how I Fixed it. People go "blahh blahh blahhh", sometimes.
So the stripping down didn't take much, they took the PF display out, which equals one of the Games Main Upsides because of the WAY it was integrated with each of the modes, and with the Airlock screen, and Tied with that is the way The Whole Game became LIT like the surface of the sun, completely removing the darkness of the theme. Just Take Out the Two Main aspects of the Game's Atmosphere; done. Not Mega Lit because the ball was objectively hard to see either, just because-because it would seem. Anyway it killed the DARK immersion with the lights low in the room. The heighway is plenty bright enough, about the right balance according to Many (no not All). Some themes "Pinstadium on mah Dark Theme brah!" might not matter as much, but with this game it IS related to the Visual/Light coming From the display in the playfield. It also gives you Information when you need it on top of that. Pretty ingenious. But alas; dumped an a furphy. People unawares. Even With the Generic cabinet and doubling down on dodgey SMD switches, they probably could have still pulled it off fine, knocked out of the park even, if they'd just included the screen and not Lit the game Up like The Sun!?.
Your last line there is kinda the point too, same as mine. PB shafted The Game ALIEN by Heighway, not quite as much the people who all have the Proper Game. We certainly appreciate Brian, without him we would not have amazing post bust Code. Yeah, we all feel sorry for The Whole Pinball community missing out on the REAL Alien THEME True Gameplay. It is what it is, sad. But anyway, thanks PB!. Not pissed for me then. Pissed at what PB done for the Legacy of people being able to Play True ALIEN experience, which is now that basically Most People CAN'T (too rare to find a properly functioning one). Have to play the Pro Versions instead like Stern would have given us, basically, yeah; cut down. It's pretty simple I think.

It sounds like your arguement above boiled down to they removed the playfield screen and this soured you because of how that integrated with the modes and the airlock screen. And "tied" with that they (PB) made the game brighter?

Is the airlock screen a mirror of the playfield screen in the Heighway pin?

I've read owners of both PB and Heighway pins that complained about lit side blades being too bright and parts of it shines in your eyes. Or maybe it's just a few of the PB machine owners saying that? Not sure.

I think the Heighway machine should stand revered and remain aggressively cherished by its owners. It's definitley a unique machine that isn't coming back, thus making it all the more special.

It's sad and glorious at the same time, and it is what it is - ...forever.

#16145 5 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

yeah, those are cool! I especially like the Sulaco there..I did 3D print one of those, but will never be like a stamped figure like that. I did poney up and buy this Cinemachines UD-4L in ebay for a great price ($50 in box)..also got this Hadleys Hope replica prop, but it's a tad big to put in the machine..I currently have the Narcissist ship in my pin (a few pages back) that looks good up in the hypersleep area..if I have room, I'll try to put the drop ship in there, but I also don't want to clutter up the game..I'm putting my modded, panning sentry guns back in, which really suits the machine well. regardless, these (and yours!) are great toys, even for big boys.
[quoted image]

I hear you about not wanting to clutter up the playfield. My APC unit is definetly going in somewhere as it is my favorite, but probably not any of the zeno figures.

I want to do something in the empty back corner of the Hyper Sleep Chamber area but I'm hesitant. I don't want to put a 3D figure there that might make it cumbersome or obstruct the ease of lifting the playfield. Curious if the existing 3rd party Hyper Sleep Chambers play nice with playfield maintenance operations.

I'm surprised we haven't seen an official 3D add-on sculpt of the Hyper Sleep Chamber offering sanctified by Pinball Brothers from Lior at The Art of Pinball. Surely that is an opportunity to fill a sorely needed bland spot. But maybe that's why the game was created the way it was, to avoid issues with raising and lowering the playfield concerning that area? I can't say.

Pinball Brothers have long hinted they have planned add-in/upgrade surprises. Maybe the new sculpts Lior is offering now are what they were referring to.

Needless to say, as soon as Lior offers the piece for that area that matches the quality of his other pieces in a seemless fashion, I'm going to jump on it knowing the playfield operation would already be tested and factored in to the design of its addition. Fingers crossed.

#16197 5 months ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

Official translite for Ellen version?
credit Nitro pinball facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1054334885923507&set=pcb.1054344045922591

Wow! I'd say too good to be true for the US. Fingers crossed.

Here are those Pics from Nitro Pinball, I'm not on facebook.

Those are Ripley Cabinets and they don't say pending approval but also don't have Lior's The Art for Pinball sculpts in them that the US is getting. I'm guessing these are not for the US customers?

397870014_1054344569255872_7536936821313405063_n (resized).jpg397870014_1054344569255872_7536936821313405063_n (resized).jpg400953321_1054344775922518_24014993523851645_n (resized).jpg400953321_1054344775922518_24014993523851645_n (resized).jpg400981023_1054344892589173_2871125659502789655_n (1) (resized).jpg400981023_1054344892589173_2871125659502789655_n (1) (resized).jpg
#16200 5 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think it was mentioned that Lior's mods would ship after the games, due to the time it takes for him and his team to make and paint them. At least, that is how I understood it.

So there is hope!

Thanks.

#16235 5 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I want to do something in the empty back corner of the Hyper Sleep Chamber area but I'm hesitant. I don't want to put a 3D figure there that might make it cumbersome or obstruct the ease of lifting the playfield. Curious if the existing 3rd party Hyper Sleep Chambers play nice with playfield maintenance operations.
I'm surprised we haven't seen an official 3D add-on sculpt of the Hyper Sleep Chamber offering sanctified by Pinball Brothers from Lior at The Art of Pinball. Surely that is an opportunity to fill a sorely needed bland spot. But maybe that's why the game was created the way it was, to avoid issues with raising and lowering the playfield concerning that area? I can't say.
Pinball Brothers have long hinted they have planned add-in/upgrade surprises. Maybe the new sculpts Lior is offering now are what they were referring to.
Needless to say, as soon as Lior offers the piece for that area that matches the quality of his other pieces in a seemless fashion, I'm going to jump on it knowing the playfield operation would already be tested and factored in to the design of its addition. Fingers crossed.

Good news! I just got confirmation from Lior at Art of Pinball he has "many more" treats coming for Alien Ripley and he said the "Hyper Sleep Chamber is one of them."

#16261 5 months ago

If anyone notices any HD glass like PDI or Invisiglass for widebody on a Black Friday deal coming up, please share. Thinking I might want a piece for Ripley.

#16296 5 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

We are creeping past mid-November. We still don’t know what the official artwork will be, and no one (here at least) has received any info on shipping ETA. Glad I did not pre-order.
FYI, my distributor said the current RE pricing is good until the end of the year. Anyone hear the same?

I'd imagine if the price were to go back up after this run of the Ripley Version those that have deposits down now would get the discounted "Celebration" price being advertised. If they wrap things up and move on and make a new game announcement, I wonder where that will leave Alien, their cornerstone?

I just can't imagine they would ever stop producing Alien unless a licensing end date forced them to.

#16320 5 months ago

Any ideas what could be done with the extra translite?

Could live game feed be mirrored again and sent to a wall hanging powered shadow box with sound?

Asking for a friend that thought a faux back box might look cool mounted behind his bar for parties.

#16334 5 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I really like the new RV translite design, however I’m not super keen on the muted color pallet. Might look better in person I bet. Too bad they couldn’t have left the I alone in ALIEN but still i love the UD-4L escaping off on the right and the crew walking on the speaker grill holes on the left. Pretty classy.

With the translite being divided nicely between the Alien and Aliens movies left vs right side respectively, it really sets the mood. I like having Ripley featured prominently for this new Ripley celebration Version. The call outs on the front around the coin door and the back box sides, it all works for me.

On the other hand I really like the colorfulness of the loader battle translite but the Ripley Helmet version is so nostolgic to me, bringing all the elements of both movies together. I couldn't agree with you more - "Classy" is right, it's my favorite.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
thanksgiving-alien-facehugger-turkey-36monsters-15-5a0bf9acbb21c__700 (resized).jpgthanksgiving-alien-facehugger-turkey-36monsters-15-5a0bf9acbb21c__700 (resized).jpg

thanksgiving-alien-facehugger-turkey-36monsters-1-5a0bf9825469f__700 (resized).jpgthanksgiving-alien-facehugger-turkey-36monsters-1-5a0bf9825469f__700 (resized).jpg

#16348 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Its kind of weird that it says "Ellen Ripley Version" right on the translite

Here's an opinion I'll preface with "I don't know nuttin."

I think it's meant to designate the
edition as special, the way some pins have a "Limited Edition" badge or insignia to differentiate them.

Wasn't "LV" a call out to the planet LV-426? So they made a play on that calling a model a limited Version (LV) instead of limited Edition (LE). standard Version (SV) instead of standard Edition (SE).

Since this was made for the Ripley Edition, excuse me ...Version, it might seem weird put on a LV or SV back box I guess but who cares, it's a nice translite pictorial.

The Ripley Version is simply the latest iteration of the platform with the most and best of what they can offer, extended warranty, special code additions, badass side art, hand made sculpts, an add-on topper (finally) to match,

And why? Why all this now?

Well, they're calling it a "Celebration" pin. A culmination of everything they've achieved with this franchise. It might be coming down to the last hoorah, only Pinball Brothers knows the end date when the Alien licensing will expire. They do have another pin to introduce, maybe the timing is not a coincidence.

And why the special price? All this cool stuff, and it cost less? Maybe to sell as many as they can before their not allowed to anymore.

Isn't the special price for a limited time? Maybe they wanted to gauge demand so they could plan how many to make before it's too many and it hurts more than it helps.

And after that limited time price cut off, what's the price go to? Who's going to want to pay more after the limited time cut off? That's when they can foresee when the demand will drop. All the more reason to adjust manufacturing volume early (with a plan) accordingly.

I will say I think it was smart to not include special glass or a shaker on the Ripley Version. It gives them the capability to keep the price low as part of the "Celebration" marketing while not offending the LV group. And the extra bits can be added on later at the expense of the RV buyers.

And what do you know, all the add-ons are available, conveniently available, on the PB store site.

Again, I'm just saying words, I don't know nuttin.

#16349 5 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Curious on everyone’s thoughts of Ripley on the left side of back box? That’s a new reveal from what we saw at announcement.

I saw the original Alien movie when I was an impressionable young boy. When I watched the scene with the "underwear" you could say ...I was impressed.

I've been a Sigourney Weaver fan since. The more Ripley the better LoL

At least Jonsey retained a spot on the art. I'm not partial to cats but that is one cool cat.

How many others have a mode programmed in a pinball machine based after them?

#16353 5 months ago

For the Alien Pinball, winner of the Best Theme Integration and Sounds in the 2022 Pinball Awards, we now bring you the Alien Queen Interactive Topper.

• Moving tail that is interactive with the game
• Hand sculpted & -painted Xenomorph in a truly immersive Alien environment
• Multitude of addressable RGB LEDs that is interactive in modes and game, such as below.
• Six hand-painted egg sculpts that lit up and are individually interactive with game modes
• Individually controlled tubes in the backboard - interactive with game modes
• Flashers around the Alien Queen for spectacular lights shows and effects
• Quality of a collectible figurine
• Limited run of 300 pcs

I was wondering where the topper "Flashers" were located around the Queen for the promised "spectacular lights shows and effects."

Sure enough when you expand these photos I spotted the rectangular cut outs behind the "W" logo in Weyland. It looks like a total of 5 flashers that surround her all the way to the back.

Eager to experience the flasher effect of how the Queen is "lighted up" from the player perspective during a mode like Queen's Nest with the flame thrower destroying eggs, ...as well as if they're used at all in attract mode.

I'm thinking the topper flashers around the Queen Sculpt will be a very busy feature in this game lol.

205795973-origpic-0018e6.jpg205795973-origpic-0018e6.jpg205795973-origpic-576873.jpg205795973-origpic-576873.jpg205795973-origpic-8208aa.jpg205795973-origpic-8208aa.jpg205795973-origpic-cef285.jpg205795973-origpic-cef285.jpg
#16375 4 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

pmd

I love PB bros. They stand by their product. They always help early adopters like myself. Anyone know if there are any deals on the apron since the LV owners thought they were getting a “custom apron” from the first advertisements?

The only apron add-on/option they are offering I'm aware of is on their store site. I think it's a 3D looking stick on deal as an add-on.

On a side note: Not sure what the 2 square ports on either side of the doors are supposed to be but at some point some mod store will inevitably offer a couple flush mounted LED flashing lights that snap in if your willing to drill the holes through the apron cover there. Hope a template is included - lol ...I'm in!

From the PB store front:

"Enhance your pinball machine with this Apron Decal with Metal layered effect and 3D Art.
Scheduled to ship end of November.
Fits all versions of PB ALIEN"
393446054_17985343124435154_2860255712460035365_n (resized).jpg393446054_17985343124435154_2860255712460035365_n (resized).jpgApron Art.jpgApron Art.jpg

#16376 4 months ago

Has anyone found images of the new official inner art going on the Ripley model now that the art has been approved and finalized? On the machines at Expo the Space Jockey is on the back of the left side-blade at Expo and what looks like the Sulaco next to it, glad to see that.

The "Flasher & Mini Beacon Kit" add-on image on the PB store shows a bulkhead hallway behind the right back hyper flasher. The machine at Expo has the bulkhead hallway on the other side of the back wall art behind the playfield.

I'm sure the flasher kit image is a mock up but it would be interesting to see what's in that spot as you can't tell from Expo pics I've seen.

55a4b1e9-c60f-492c-a9a9-ead26616cf4e (1) (resized).jpg55a4b1e9-c60f-492c-a9a9-ead26616cf4e (1) (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7820933_1.jpgPinside_forum_7820933_1.jpgRipley Screen.jpegRipley Screen.jpeg
#16382 4 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Too expenive for a sticker!

Agreed. But I'll take it on the Ripley machine!

I guess some monies need to go to Lior who designed and produced it and also PB. And maybe a distributor if sent out through them.

#16390 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Since they added what? 30+ clips? I'm curious if they engaged the previous animator so it would be cohesive.

Yes, Kelly Mazurowski.

#16391 4 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

if they only kept the left backbox art the same, with Jonesy etc it would knock it outta the park with the new art package...Ripley and her horrible lipstick job (and just a stock photo from the archive) just doesn't fit the rest of the 'vision' of the current package. I'm not worried as I have the LV, but I know what good art/package is...like I was sying before on Knapp is that I'm happy that it's being released the way it is, with lower price...so ther's my .02

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pinball-brothers-shares-pictures-of-entire-ripley-edition-alien-pinball-machine
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pinball-brothers-shares-glimpse-of-updated-ripley-code-for-alien-pinball

LOL you can't unsee it! I guess that side is all about the cat.

Come on cat.
Ripley Side.jpgRipley Side.jpgOther side.jpgOther side.jpg

The backbox side art does stay true to the translite and cabinet side theme with the movie divisions. Left side with the Alien movie and Aliens on the right.

#16401 4 months ago

The test video released today was just video, but at 3:57 you can hear Ripley giving dialog from the movie.

Consider the "quotes" from her printed on both sides of the back box side art. There should be plenty of doozies for us!

PB are supposedly dropping another test video tomorrow so maybe we'll glean something more.

I bet they want to leave some mystery and anticipation and avoid spoiling anything for us.

I'd rather discover for myself little gems of her dialog by playing deep in the game and not know what modes have what before hand.

1 week later
#16678 4 months ago

My Ripley is somewhere on a plane so I have to live vicariously through the videos that are starting to pop up. I'm diggin it

2 weeks later
#16998 4 months ago

Ran across a video from a Swedish girl interviewing Pinball Brothers Head Of Marketing and Communication, Rudiger Beckmann, about the new Ripley Version and a little about Queen.

He mentions the Alien Topper is in the last steps of development and has light shows integrated in the modes and does crazy stuff.

While they mostly talk about the Ripley Edition he did mention the Alien LV's production is close to reaching the end limit # 1000.

Also mentioned the 3rd Pinball Brothers machine probably will not be shown before TPF in March 2024.

2 weeks later
#17244 3 months ago
Quoted from MoPinball:

a new 1 minute trailer for the Ripley Version pinball machine. Is the music from the game?

That's a great trailer. Very impressive.

#17246 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Does the RV have the extra lighting that the LV has?

Correct me if I'm wrong but all versions have the same playfield lighting and the LV comes with an added strip of LED lights above each inner art blade.

I don't know if the LV art blade LED strips are RGB and can "dance" with modes or are just a static single color.

I have an extra pinstadium neo fusion kit I bought at discount on Black Friday that have installation connection instructions for PB Alien to allow them to match "moods" and easily be customized to preference. Looking forward to checking out the immersion they might add.

I installed a kit on Venom LE and OMG - awesome.

2 weeks later
#17481 83 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thinking about ordering the Ripley edition for location…how are these holding up? Has PB bros made any improvements as far as robustness in the build or software? Anyone experiencing broken plastics or reboot / false boot issues? Thanks in advance!

I think I read here someone was having a sound issue with their Ripley Edition, otherwise I think there's been very little chatter about any issues.

PB doubled their warranty period on this "Celebration" edition, which at least might say something about their confidence in it I guess.

#17496 82 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Which version of alien do you have? I am on the fence with buying a new Ripley version and I'm holding off until I hear if Pinball Brothers has done a better job of quality control. I have three personal friends that bought SV and LV models and had a LOT of problems right from the get-go.
You are referring to your game as a mess. And this is what I'm afraid of. I love the theme. This game has awesome lighting. Love the assets. Love the audio. But I don't want to buy a brand new in box game that's going to have a shit ton of problems right away

Looks like Rdoyle is referring to his SV he got almost a year ago, ...if you group his posts in the thread.

Only 1 Ripley owner mentioned an issue so far that I've seen, it was something with his audio.

I've been watching with anticipation, just got my Ripley last week and the palleted box is beautiful. Haven't opened it yet lol

I originally put money down 6 or 7 years ago with Heighway and never got an Alien pin.

Now recently after the Ripley Edition was introduced as a "Celebration" pin with the pretty dressings, lower price, new video assets, new optional accessories, translite choices - coupled with an incredible looking topper announcement and extended warranty - I felt there's no better time for me to make the dream I've had for so long a physical reality.

I didn't want to wait any longer in case it's being called a "Celebration" pin because it's approaching the final hoorah of the Alien licensing theme run.

PB had proven enough for me to finally pull the trigger with their overwhelming positive feedback on their customer support and dedicated focus on the Alien pin for such a long period.

These are the best of times for someone new to the Alien pin experience. I'm looking forward to discovering and experiencing all its quirks and secrets as I ready for retirement.

Life is good

#17499 82 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Here is just a few of the issues...

That sounds terrible. Sorry to see the troubles your having. Is this an LV or SV your talking about?

Can't believe you have an unresolved ticket on it still open with PB since Dec 4th.

Did you buy it new? Is it still under warranty?

#17500 82 days ago

Nope. I just fell into a great deal I wasn't planning on for a Venom LE with 230 plays at a premium price I couldn't pass up and because of it I can barely pull my car into the garage.

This coming spring I'm building a 36x50 insulated building in the back yard so I can stop living like an animal

Right now the Ripley only takes up 30" x 30" of garage space.

Soon though, ...soon.

#17524 81 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Any rumors on PB’s next game yet?

Just that it won't be announced before TPF in March.

1 week later
#17678 73 days ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

Any news for the hyper sleep chamber from Lior?

I just messaged him on the reply he sent me where he mentioned it (originally back on Nov 17th).

I'll update here if/when he responds. It took weeks to hear back from him on the original inquiry. I'm sure he's still a very busy guy.

I asked if he could tell me anything about it.

Fingers crossed

#17727 71 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:Seems like mine wasn’t stored in the best environment, as it’s a bit dried out. The center fingers would probably crack if I try to reposition them. [quoted image]

Maybe a little work with warm setting on a hair dryer might allow you to re-position without cracking?

#17737 70 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What I don't like is that they are still being shipped out that way when it's apparently a wide spread issue? I think they must have a whole batch of bad spinners they have to go through.

Would you say these "bad" spinners are being shipped out with the new Ripley Editions or are you referring to prior pins?

#17743 70 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

People with them would have to say. I assumed some were the RV, but don't really know.

I've been following along for any "issue" reports on the Ripley Editions since people have been receiving them. I do feel PB has come a long way. One could expect a rocky road for any new pinball start up but they've achieved much since the early days. The consistency of their customer support has been steady from the beginning, which says something about their direction.

#17747 70 days ago

I placed an order for the beacons from the PB USA store late last year.

I also placed a separate order consisting of the shaker, flasher kit, and the deposit for the topper in November.

Both orders were placed in anticipation of the release of the Ripley "Celebration" Edition, ...which I've recently received.

I received the order with the beacons a couple weeks ago.

After seeing others being invoiced for the topper balance last week, and having not received any of the other accessories as yet, I inquired with PB on my order status and just received a response.

I think the shaker and flasher kit will show up combined with the topper since they were placed in a single order together.

Anyway, the response was everything looks good and I should be invoiced for the balance of the topper this week and receive it along with the other accessories in the next couple weeks.

Hope this information helps anyone wondering about the time lines and anticipation of any existing outstanding orders.

Fingers crossed!

Edit: No joy on the arrival of the promised alternate translite from Zach yet though.

#17766 69 days ago

Just paid the topper invoice.

3 weeks later
#17983 49 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Courtesy of Knapp Arcade story this morning, we finally have Alien Topper video

At 16 seconds in - the lighting went crazy and looked like they snuck in some external lighting for extra pizzazz. I had to rewind to see what that effect was from and ...OMG! that was with the optional beacon kit doing its thing. That was mesmerizing! Cool effect.

#17989 49 days ago

The PB beacons have a really nice effect in combination with the topper sculpt.

I'm betting someone is going to figure out how to mount the topper with a piano hinge underneath across the front so the rear can be raised to offer different viewing angles.

1 month later
#18766 4 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

It took me 20 months so shut up.

It took me 6 years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=yipykya and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.