Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider new_england.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#581 5 years ago

Went a bit overboard when visiting the Jameson distillery this month.

2A283D30-45DB-4267-8A95-94D7A5975340 (resized).jpeg2A283D30-45DB-4267-8A95-94D7A5975340 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #841 4 years ago

Vermont has a rare bourbon lottery to allocate certain products. I wanted one of the Pappy’s, but entered all of the drawings for shits and giggles.

Ended up with the Glenmorangie Alta for $99.99. While I was there I spotted the Elijah Craig small batch cask strength for $56.99 behind the shelf and the Glenlivet 12 was $78.99 (normally $84.99).

There was an empty row of Four Roses single barrel. Guess I didn’t get to the store in time. Would have been nice to have that one too. Prices are pretty rough in Vermont and we don’t have nearly the selection as most, but I make due.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #843 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Geez... Pretty sure that I bought that Elijah Craig from Costco not long ago. I asked picked up some Four Roses while in FL last week, I've seen that around here plenty so I did not stock up.

I just wish our Costco would carry liquor. I’ve done alcohol exchanges with Pinsiders in the past. I’m certainly open to trades if anyone can ever find me some bottles I can’t find in Vermont.

2 weeks later
    #980 4 years ago

Stopped in New Hampshire today and managed to pick these up today. Can’t find them in Vermont. Wanted the EH Taylor rye, but they didn’t have any.

The Willett was a bit of an impulse buy (the bottle was pretty cool), can anyone tell me a little bit about it?

4147AB7D-6668-4CCE-AAB5-AC30233B43C3 (resized).jpeg4147AB7D-6668-4CCE-AAB5-AC30233B43C3 (resized).jpeg
    #1007 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Let’s play a game of “what would you buy?”
    This is the selection at my local store right now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Want to pick me up a bottle of the Basil Hayden’s dark rye? Vermont and New Hampshire are all of stock. Have any Vermont alcohol you’re looking for?

#1010 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

I found a bottle of EH Taylor. Weller green label. And Willett Rye today. Any of that do anything for you? I’m doubtful but you never know.

Just seeing this now- I’m looking for the EH Taylor rye. Can you find that or just the bourbon? Would snag the Weller too.

#1036 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sure.
    Go grab a photo/s of what is on the shelf at your best local spot. I am sure there is something up there I would like to have that we dont get here.
    Would be happy to trade and do a mutual ship deal.

Not my liquor store, but my current home selection of Vermont products. Not bourbon, but maybe it will interest you. Highly recommend the Maple 14 and Duncs Dark Maple. Also recommended but not pictured is Barr Hill Honey Vodka. It’s honestly my favorite vodka of all time.

#1038 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thx, but I drink bourbon. Any Vermont age stamped bourbon at you spot?

I'll check the next time I am at the store. To be honest, there isn't much. Liquor manufacturing was only made legal in Vermont back in 1998 or so. It wasn't until the early 2010's that a lot of the distillers started to open up. Because of that, there just hasn't been enough time to produce a whiskey.

Whistle Pig is pretty easy to come by here. If you're looking for any of the Boss Hog's, I could most likely find them- at least the IV and V. But as mentioned above, even they aren't producing it all in state yet. There's been some controversy about how WP is sourcing their liquor.

If you're looking for bourbon taste, both the Maple 14 and Dunc's Backwoods Reserve do great. I actually bought the last two bottles of Backwoods last month. They should have more made by December, but I would be happy to let me extra one go if you were interested.

Here is the full list of the products you can find in the state: https://802spirits.com/sites/spirits/files/documents/Pricing_Current_Full.pdf

Actually, both Mad River and Smugglers Notch both make a bourbon. I bet you may like one of those.

1 week later
    #1111 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I got Blanton’s everywhere down here. Priced anywhere between $59-70. If you need some let me know.

If this is an open offer and you’re serious send me a PM with a price list and I will order a few from you.

#1113 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Help me help you! Never shipped alcohol before. I have no problem filling orders for people. What guidelines and legalities do I need to be concerned with? Once we figure this out I’ll gladly ship out requests.

Get a good sturdy box and some bubble wrap. Bring it down to your local shipper and throw a label on there. I've done it before with no questions asked.

#1117 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

To all that inquired about Blanton's. Standby. I'm going to scoop up a couple of bottles this weekend and perform one shipping test with the first person who contacted me. If all goes well I will let everyone know.
    Also, I just spoke to a liquor store owner who told me they ordered a private barrel of Blanton's. He will have it in 3 weeks. Has anyone ever heard of this? Is it 100% identical to Blanton's, but just re-labeled for his store?

I hope the shipping test goes well! Let me know if you are able to send more!

#1165 4 years ago

Backstory: Vermont’s liquor sales is controlled by the state. We have a small selection of anything, very limited supply, and prices throughout the roof. This is my selection:

https://802spirits.com/sites/spirits/files/documents/Pricing_Current_Full.pdf

Today I decided to make a trip to the liquor store to see if they had anything good in stock. The guy stocking the shelves asked what I was looking for and I told him I was looking for cask strength or anything decent that I might not be able to find often. He thought for a moment and led me to the back room.

From there we went into another locked room with the nice expensive bottles. Bottles I didn’t even realize Vermont carries. He recommended the Stag Jr (duh) told me to pick out anything else I wanted. Grabbed the other two bottles. Total price for the three bottles $214. I am more than happy with that.

Oh, he also told me to ask for him if I wanted to look around in the back again. You can bet your ass I will be.

1 week later
    #1240 4 years ago

Anyone have Weller or Blantons they would be willing to ship to Vermont?

#1249 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Going to pintastic?

Sadly I will be unable to attend.

2 months later
    #1712 4 years ago

I spoke with Vermont's liquor department, and it looks like we didn't get an allocation of Rock Hill Farms, and all the Elmer T Lee is already gone. Does anyone have a bottle they would be willing to sell me?

#1728 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

What in the hell is the Vermont liquor department?

Vermont is a control state. Which means that the state government oversees all alcohol sales. Keep all products at MSRP, but we are limited with what products do make it to the state. We don’t have nearly the selection I see other people post, but when I find a good bottle, it’s at a good price.

I picked up these bottles last night. The new batch of Stagg Jr was a little over $50. The store pick Buffalo Trace was $25. The store pick Whistle Pig was $70 and the Willett 10 was $165. (Plus tax).

The Willett was the only one in the entire state. Had the state track it down for me. The store owner was going to keep it for themselves, but I got lucky.

A2A44615-0412-49F4-8EAB-DBBA093FC949 (resized).jpegA2A44615-0412-49F4-8EAB-DBBA093FC949 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #2076 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Can't go wrong with these 1792 offerings I haven't had a bottle I haven't liked.[quoted image]

I've been searching for a barrel select of the Full Proof. Is it possible to have you ship me one?

4 weeks later
    #2383 4 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

Went today and selected our barrel of Full Proof Weller![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You plan on shipping any bottles to fellow pinside members?

#2432 4 years ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

My guy got 2 bottles total,never called me. Oh well. Hunting season will be over soon,bourbon hunting that is. Did okay this year but still disappointed.
    Booker’s has been pretty good this year,3 out of 4 are good.[quoted image]

I have 6 or so Bookers that I am looking to get rid of. I believe it's 17-4, 18-1, 18-4, 19-1, 19-2, 19-3.

Where is everyone finding these Weller Full Proof picks? I haven't even seen the normal listing available around me.

3 weeks later
    #2739 4 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

We did full proof so we won’t get as much as if we did 107.
    We should get around 192 bottles from that barrel. We will pay around 49-52 per bottle. Around $9,600.

I’ve been looking like crazy for a bottle of WFP. I would be more than willing to pay you double what you’re charging if you could ship out a bottle once it comes in.

#2740 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Snapped a pick of the Whistle Pig selection and prices at one of my spots to see how the prices compare with other places.[quoted image]

What’s the year and proof on the Willett Family? I’ve been looking for another bottle to replace mine.

#2792 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Whoever sent me the last request for the weller full proof i'm sorry to report all I had is gone and my 2nd source is also all out. Sorry I accidentally deleted your pm and couldn't remember who sent me it. I get a lot of requests for bottles and sometimes I lose track of who asked for what.

It may have been me. If you find anymore, please let me know.

In regards to the Willett Family bottle: I would be really interested in it. Happy to pay cost+shipping.

I can also get a WP 10yr store pick for cheaper than the normal offering that you had posted. I believe it’s on sale for about $80 right now.

#2877 4 years ago

My first attempt at a fat washed bourbon. I’ll report back tomorrow on how it turned out.

ABC5D4FC-4188-457D-8881-E0F6CD01D508 (resized).jpegABC5D4FC-4188-457D-8881-E0F6CD01D508 (resized).jpeg
    #2885 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Cool. What fat did you use bacon? Butter?

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Now I've read about it... oh man, I may just have to try it too! Thanks!

I cooked up a pound of high quality, thick cut bacon on a low heat. Once done cooking I strained the fat through cheesecloth to pull out any of the extra bits. Then I mixed it with #14 Maple Bourbon, made by a local distillery. I did my best to emulsify the liquids by shaking it roughly for a good 15 minutes. Then I let it sit at room temperature for another hour or so to let it start to harden.

Right now it's sitting in my freezer to ensure that all the fats have completely solidified. When I get home today, I'll crack the fat puck on the top and strain out the liquid through a cheesecloth again. End result should pull all the fats entirely from the bourbon, but will leave the bacon taste behind.

#2889 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

If only there was " McCormick Bacon Extract" in the baking aisle, like lemon, vanilla, etc. Would save a ton of time and effort!
    But seriously, if you are into craft/artisanal cocktails and don't want to pay $20-$25 per, there's no better place than home.
    I wonder how a Knob Creek Smoked Maple (fat washed with maple bacon) old fashioned (using pure maple syrup as the sweetener, of course), with a lightly smoked water clear ice ball, with a candied stick of bacon for a stirrer would be?
    Overkill?...probably!
    Exuberant?...definitely!
    An inefficient use of time and ingredients?...absolutely !
    A hot mess?...likely!
    Chances I'll give this one a try, because....America? 100%!

I’ve had the smoked maple knob creek. It’s enjoyable, but a bit syrupy sweet and could be a higher proof.

I strained the bourbon through a cheesecloth tonight and I didn’t manage to get all of the particles out. I’m going to steal a coffee filter from work tomorrow and see if it helps clear it up a bit.

On the first taste I would say that there is a strong bacon taste. It goes well with the maple bourbon but it’s still a bit to sweet. I think next time I would go with a higher proof to help offset the other tastes. I wouldn’t drink this straight, but it would be great in a cocktail.

Also, got a call from my favorite liquor store owner. She let me know they got a case of each in stock and had reserved me one of each.

#2939 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Stopped at a place on way to family holiday stuff.
    Anything of interest I should try?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would pick up a bottle of the McKenna10 at that price if you haven’t had it before.

#2990 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Put this new monogrammed glass to good use![quoted image]

Where did you find the Runamok maple syrup? It’s a pretty small Vermont brand that I’m surprised made its way across the country.

3 weeks later
    #3238 4 years ago

Spent the week in Denver. This was my haul.

E5593F77-E3B3-4626-8086-7F79B1FA57C8 (resized).jpegE5593F77-E3B3-4626-8086-7F79B1FA57C8 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #3867 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Got access to some bourbon that others might not have access too. Let me know ASAP if you want any.
    3 bottles of George Stagg - 2 for $350 each and the other is $499
    1 Rock Hill - $149
    6 bottles of Stagg Jr - 99 each
    10 bottles of McKenna 10yr - $47 to 60

Not sure if this is still open but I would take a GTS and a Rock Hill if it’s still available.

I’ve been on the lookout for Weller12 and Willett Family Bourbon. Been trying to trade my EHT GOG +kickers for WLW or Pappy15. It’s near impossible to get these products in Vermont.

1 week later
    #4008 4 years ago

I have six different, older batches of Bookers that I would be more than happy to get rid of at cost. Would be $90 plus shipping.

#4020 4 years ago

What should I drink tonight?

9579DFAD-52BB-4EDA-A1FC-166EAA9C1FEB (resized).jpeg9579DFAD-52BB-4EDA-A1FC-166EAA9C1FEB (resized).jpeg
    #4031 4 years ago

I went with the 2019 Stagg. Man I love this bottle.

7 months later
    #9248 3 years ago

Hi all. It’s been awhile since I’ve last posted. My collection has gotten out of hand.

BFEFF694-FD46-4191-86B4-8382AE928D7A (resized).jpegBFEFF694-FD46-4191-86B4-8382AE928D7A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider new_england.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon?tu=new_england and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.