Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 235.
    #3651 4 years ago

Is the Weller Antique worth $100? Just missed a delivery of it this morning and resellers asking that.

#3652 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is the Weller Antique worth $100? Just missed a delivery of it this morning and resellers asking that.

Hell no it's not worth $100 I just paid 62 bucks for this bottle

#3653 4 years ago

That’s what I figured. I’ll wait it out till I can find on the shelves..

#3654 4 years ago

My liquor storage is modest right now until I finish out this part of the basement. Gets the job done, though. We are just wrapping up a two year remodel on this house so I have to take care of the dock before this part of the basement. Will ultimately turn this part into my game room and will add another pin or two. My pool table is disassembled at the time. Can’t wait to get that setup.

D54D72D9-8DE4-42C2-99F8-4CCA681D3B54 (resized).jpegD54D72D9-8DE4-42C2-99F8-4CCA681D3B54 (resized).jpeg7E8AC023-9952-4220-88B7-F6C6D2666517 (resized).jpeg7E8AC023-9952-4220-88B7-F6C6D2666517 (resized).jpegAF3ADCCB-F4B0-4E7A-A74E-E5E53D021EB8 (resized).jpegAF3ADCCB-F4B0-4E7A-A74E-E5E53D021EB8 (resized).jpeg
    #3655 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Agree

#3656 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

The last bottle I bought was probably nine months ago and I paid $28. The last drop I noticed was around thanksgiving and I passed it up when I saw it because honestly I'm not a huge fan. It was still in the $25-$35 range at the stores I was in. I haven't seen it since so I'm not sure if my area will be seeing the drastic price jump that everyone is saying has happened. If it does go up to the $50+ mark I'll never buy another. It wasn't that long ago that this was a $20 bottle that sat on shelves collecting dust.

#3657 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

The last bottle I bought was probably nine months ago and I paid $28. The last drop I noticed was around thanksgiving and I passed it up when I saw it because honestly I'm not a huge fan. It was still in the $25-$35 range at the stores I was in. I haven't seen it since so I'm not sure if my area will be seeing the drastic price jump that everyone is saying has happened. If it does go up to the $50+ mark I'll never buy another. It wasn't that long ago that this was a $20 bottle that sat on shelves collecting dust.

Holy shit if I saw it for $28 I would have bought every single bottle they had

#3658 4 years ago

Ok let’s see what this is all about! Had to scour the seedy secondary Los Angeles Bourbon underground to trade a bottle of Blantons for it....

3C2ACBF7-DC44-4152-95D5-1216A24E0EE7 (resized).jpeg3C2ACBF7-DC44-4152-95D5-1216A24E0EE7 (resized).jpeg
    #3659 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

It was about $35/bottle last week in the duty free on the cruise that I was on. I tried it several times based upon recommendations of folks on here and am just not a fan of it. I will be glad to be on the look out for folks BT products as their mash bill just does not suit my palate.

#3660 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

It was about $35/bottle last week in the duty free on the cruise that I was on. I tried it several times based upon recommendations of folks on here and am just not a fan of it. I will be glad to be on the look out for folks BT products as their mash bill just does not suit my palate.

Man all you guys that don't like it that's totally okay but man buy it and offer it up here to people on the group cuz that's hell a cheap. It is almost always as stated above like $100 at most places and also as stated I used to buy it for like $15 a bottle about 5 years ago

#3661 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Man all you guys that don't like it that's totally okay but man buy it and offer it up here to people on the group cuz that's hell a cheap. It is almost always as stated above like $100 at most places and also as stated I used to buy it for like $15 a bottle about 5 years ago

Will be on the lookout for you. Just curious, why do you think the price has shot up so much? I personally think and have seen some people say things that back it up is that the price has risen because it shares the same mash bills with the high end BT stuff and collectors are just trying to snatch up whatever they can. I have seen this in the tequila markets (sometimes the only difference is the bottle) and learned my lesson there.

#3662 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Will be on the lookout for you. Just curious, why do you think the price has shot up so much? I personally think and have seen some people say things that back it up is that the price has risen because it shares the same mash bills with the high end BT stuff and collectors are just trying to snatch up whatever they can. I have seen this in the tequila markets (sometimes the only difference is the bottle) and learned my lesson there.

Yeah I don't really see the issue of sharing a mash bill being that big of a deal. Aging is what makes a very big difference and the proof of the product when it is put into a barrel makes a difference and at what proof they cut it after aging has been achieved. Why the price has gone up? That is very speculative but I would say the amount of people that are now all of a sudden interested in Bourbon is just ridiculous. I think it's a trend and I think it will go away because just a few years ago vodka dominated the liquor store shelves go into a liquor store now and you will see that those shelves that were dominated by vodka are now dominated by bourbon

#3663 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Yeah I don't really see the issue of sharing a mash bill being that big of a deal. Aging is what makes a very big difference and the proof of the product when it is put into a barrel makes a difference and at what proof they cut it after aging has been achieved. Why the price has gone up? That is very speculative but I would say the amount of people that are now all of a sudden interested in Bourbon is just ridiculous. I think it's a trend and I think it will go away because just a few years ago vodka dominated the liquor store shelves go into a liquor store now and you will see that those shelves that were dominated by vodka are now dominated by bourbon

Thanks for sharing. I tend to like higher proof bourbons and go by flavor profile. I think a lot of people are getting into the age statements but for bourbon, age does not necessarily equal quality. From my own experience and what I have read, you can overage things and just because they are old doesn't mean that they are good. I even see this on scotch.

#3664 4 years ago

Got access to some bourbon that others might not have access too. Let me know ASAP if you want any.

3 bottles of George Stagg - 2 for $350 each and the other is $499

1 Rock Hill - $149

6 bottles of Stagg Jr - 99 each

10 bottles of McKenna 10yr - $47 to 60

#3665 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So I use this old antique wooden refrigerator to house some of my collection but I need some kind of bigger cabinet to house the rest. How bout some picks of what you guys store your bourbon in.[quoted image]

IMG_7501 (resized).jpegIMG_7501 (resized).jpeg

#3666 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So I use this old antique wooden refrigerator to house some of my collection but I need some kind of bigger cabinet to house the rest. How bout some picks of what you guys store your bourbon in.[quoted image]

I have the shelf behind the bar and then the bunker shelf. It was when I bought and stocked the bunker shelf that I realized “I might have a whiskey addiction”. Fuck it, cheers!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3667 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

What about your storage for the Pappy 23? C’mon man show it!

#3668 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I haven't tried that widow jane yet but many people on here speak highly of it. I always like for people to post their reviews of bottles.

I’d have to agree with Green-Machine. I had a couple glasses tonight. It’s drinkable and it was better with the second when I added ice but it wasn’t worth the $70 I paid for it.

My stash just sits in a cupboard but you guys are giving me some ideas so I might have to upgrade when the basement remodel is done.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3669 4 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

I’d have to agree with Green-Machine. I had a couple glasses tonight. It’s drinkable and it was better with the second when I added ice but it wasn’t worth the $70 I paid for it.
    My stash just sits in a cupboard but you guys are giving me some ideas so I might have to upgrade when the basement remodel is done.[quoted image]

The 12 yr. is much better if you see it around. Apparently there’s a 13 on it’s way soon too.

#3670 4 years ago

I know it’s been mentioned before but watch the movie “Neat”. Just watched it for the 3rd time tonight and it’s still great.

#3671 4 years ago

Neat is very entertaining! Just saw another documentary called Bourbontucky that was good too.

#3672 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I have the shelf behind the bar and then the bunker shelf. It was when I bought and stocked the bunker shelf that I realized “I might have a whiskey addiction”. Fuck it, cheers!

I love how many Wild Turkey products you have. I keep meaning to try one of the Russell single barrels you keep talking about.

#3673 4 years ago

@chisox I saw this Widow Jane 14yr today hadn't heard anybody talk about it I did not pick it up seemed a little pricey for my blood

20200215_085418 (resized).jpg20200215_085418 (resized).jpg
    #3674 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I saw this Widow Jane 14yr today hadn't heard anybody talk about it I did not pick it up seemed a little pricey for my blood

Seen a lot of the 10 year. This is the first 14 year I have seen. You can get a lot of good liquid for $175. Would pass as well.

#3675 4 years ago

So do they blend whiskeys and then age it 14yrs or source 14yr old whiskeys and then blend them without aging?

#3676 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

So do they blend whiskeys and then age it 14yrs or source 14yr old whiskeys and then blend them without aging?

Says on the label its is blend of their oldest stuff

Screenshot_20200215-144926_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200215-144926_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #3677 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Says on the label its is blend of their oldest stuff[quoted image]

They buy from other distilleries.

Widow Jane doesn’t actually distill its most well-known product at all. Instead, they buy it in bulk from a distiller in Kentucky. And the special water they highlight on every bottle, in countless interviews and on all their marketing materials — it doesn’t come from the actual Widow Jane Mine itself, just from nearby, sources told NBC News

#3678 4 years ago

Lunch at a nice little burger grill downtown. I think it's time to spend an evening with them to do some sampling.

IMG_7502 (resized).jpegIMG_7502 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-31 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-31 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-33 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-33 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-35 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-35 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-37 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-37 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-39 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-39 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-41 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-41 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-43 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-43 (resized).jpeg
    #3679 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Lunch at a nice little burger grill downtown. I think it's time to spend an evening with them to do some sampling.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a long list!!

#3680 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

That is a long list!!

I need to experience a George T. 144 proof...

#3681 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I second that!

#3682 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Lunch at a nice little burger grill downtown. I think it's time to spend an evening with them to do some sampling.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shit if we do this pigeon forge trip this year i'm calling you Don and swinging by and we are going to that burger joint.

#3683 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Holy shit if we do this pigeon forge trip this year i'm calling you Don and swinging by and we are going to that burger joint.

Sounds like a good meet up spot and there’s pinball in Gatlinburg

#3684 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hazmat batch. It’s insane.

#3685 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

@chisox I saw this Widow Jane 14yr today hadn't heard anybody talk about it I did not pick it up seemed a little pricey for my blood[quoted image]

I haven’t tried this. It looks to be priced at least $30 too high. I think it’s got some older Dickel stock mixed in with the older MGP that I really like. I would pass personally.

#3686 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I haven’t tried this. It looks to be priced at least $30 too high. I think it’s got some older Dickel stock mixed in with the older MGP that I really like. I would pass personally.

Yeah definitely me too just thought i'd pass this on to you

#3687 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Sounds like a good meet up spot and there’s pinball in Gatlinburg

Silverball City is next door.

https://www.facebook.com/silverballcity/

Great to see my old AC/DC Luci in the news at 0:35.
    https://www.facebook.com/silverballcity/videos/1353651058045968/

#3688 4 years ago

Cheers to Whysnow and the boys for the great R&M stream today. well done guys. Clink!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3689 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Love this!

#3690 4 years ago

No work tomorrow and a kickass NXT wrestling card starting now. Chilling in the Pooping Fox Saloon and just poured me a nice one. Who knows what bottles I get into tonight. Might even play some pinball.

A09B5412-1177-4B24-9DA2-C971618483D8 (resized).jpegA09B5412-1177-4B24-9DA2-C971618483D8 (resized).jpeg
    #3691 4 years ago

Didn’t take long to crack this one. Damn tasty!

BCE63535-6546-42AE-A635-73E0B241AB00 (resized).jpegBCE63535-6546-42AE-A635-73E0B241AB00 (resized).jpeg
    #3692 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

No work tomorrow and a kickass NXT wrestling card starting now. Chilling in the Pooping Fox Saloon and just poured me a nice one. Who knows what bottles I get into tonight. Might even play some pinball.[quoted image]

Better pick something cause that one is gone!

#3693 4 years ago

Little audience participation. What should I crack next? I do have a Knob 25 but might save that.

5D8879A1-4437-43B5-A110-5D6FF8102229 (resized).jpeg5D8879A1-4437-43B5-A110-5D6FF8102229 (resized).jpeg
    #3694 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Didn’t take long to crack this one. Damn tasty![quoted image]

I know you were searching for this. What is your review?

#3695 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Little audience participation. What should I crack next? I do have a Knob 25 but might save that.[quoted image]

Little Book! Little Book!

You guys are making me thirsty, and after fucking up all my DIY home improvement projects today I’m drinking some delicious brown liquor tonight!

#3696 4 years ago

Should probably get all my jig sawing done first, I’ll be back.

#3697 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Little Book! Little Book!
    You guys are making me thirsty, and after fucking up all my DIY home improvement projects today I’m drinking some delicious brown liquor tonight!

Only vote so far. How do you like the little book?

What type of project you fuck up today? I scrubbed a fireplace for hours yesterday so I can paint it in a few days. Not particularly hard, just physical.

#3698 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I know you were searching for this. What is your review?

Slightly sweet with just the right amount of heat. I like it better than the Blantons I traded it for, so a win in my book!

#3699 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Only vote so far. How do you like the little book?
    What type of project you fuck up today? I scrubbed a fireplace for hours yesterday so I can paint it in a few days. Not particularly hard, just physical.

I’ve never had it, any of the chapters. That’s why I want you to try it haha. We’re re-doing a bathroom up in the loft in my house and today was toilet/vanity/faucet installation. Just a comedy of stupid shit popping up, 3 trips to the hardware store blah blah.....I have to jigsaw a big hole in the vanity because of the plumbing and my wife HAS to have this particular vanity that is going to be the death of me. Installed the faucet all the way to the second to last step and had to dis-assemble the whole thing because the directions didn’t specify the direction of a bracket and of course it was backwards. I was planning on working on my pins all day tomorrow but now I have to work on the bathroom again grrr...

#3700 4 years ago

Little Book 2 it is. My palate is shot so I will refer to the nouns and adjectives in the pic. A little sweet, a lot strong. Would buy and drink again!

39B3DE2E-EB16-4FB3-8C6D-627CDF4F0681 (resized).jpeg39B3DE2E-EB16-4FB3-8C6D-627CDF4F0681 (resized).jpegE44E86AA-33FD-423B-B514-0C3A108CD614 (resized).jpegE44E86AA-33FD-423B-B514-0C3A108CD614 (resized).jpegE2B53A75-6F79-4A47-B002-3FB35479B4F8 (resized).jpegE2B53A75-6F79-4A47-B002-3FB35479B4F8 (resized).jpeg64A7EB8F-E816-42A5-A71C-98B3ABDCDE2A (resized).jpeg64A7EB8F-E816-42A5-A71C-98B3ABDCDE2A (resized).jpeg
    There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.