Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 235.
    #801 5 years ago

My buddy’s wake is tomorrow, I think I’m gonna hang out in this thread for a while with this bottle.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #802 5 years ago

Sorry again for the loss. Preparing a toast to Danny.

#803 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sorry again for the loss. Preparing a toast to Danny.

Thanks @fulltilt. I don’t want to be Dougie downer, so here’s to hair metal! (That Danny loved by the way lol!)

#804 5 years ago

Well here’s one for Danny over in the vinyl lovers thread. (Trying to stay on topic here).
    It’s what good bourbon was made for.

The hair metalist. (:

B5D2EBF1-C23B-467C-9D89-D9F41E4D07F8 (resized).jpegB5D2EBF1-C23B-467C-9D89-D9F41E4D07F8 (resized).jpeg

#805 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:My buddy’s wake is tomorrow, I think I’m gonna hang out in this thread for a while with this bottle.
    [quoted image]

I had this one on vacation in FL. I liked it.

Sorry about your buddy.

#806 5 years ago

sorry about your buddy.

make it a double tonight.

cheers

#807 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry about your buddy.
    make it a double tonight.
    cheers

Thanks Hilton, I will.

#808 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Well here’s one for Danny over in the vinyl lovers thread. (Trying to stay on topic here).
    It’s what good bourbon was made for.
    The hair metalist. (:
    [quoted image]

You may need to re-up on that GTS, it’s going quick! I almost want to turn 50 so I can crack a bottle of that 2018 open.

#809 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

You may need to re-up on that GTS, it’s going quick! I almost want to turn 50 so I can crack a bottle of that 2018 open.

Shhhhiiiittt... the Pappy is next. Too much oak and all. LOL!

Stop, that’s the Stagg talkin.

#810 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Shhhhiiiittt... the Pappy is next. Too much oak and all. LOL!
    Stop, that’s the Stagg talkin.

Don’t you dare! That’s reserved for my birthday, put it away. Now for some rye...

#811 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

My buddy’s wake is tomorrow, I think I’m gonna hang out in this thread for a while with this bottle.
    [quoted image]

Sorry for your loss...not sippin' bourbon but will drink a toast with ya anyway.

IMG_6162 (resized).JPGIMG_6162 (resized).JPG
    #812 5 years ago

Thanks. How is that stuff? I’ve been intrigued by the Japanese whiskey, but have never tried it.

#813 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Thanks. How is that stuff? I’ve been intrigued by the Japanese whiskey, but have never tried it.

It is closer to American whiskey than most Japanese whisky, a little bite and sweetness to it. Tasting notes are not my forte, lol. Most Japanese whiskey is more like Scotch, but have 'green fruit' notes. Some have a light peat thing going on. Really nice stuff, I started collecting it a few years ago and then the world seemed to go crazy for it and they ran out of aged stock, now it is very hard to acquire stateside. Can hardly find anything in my area. Yoichi 15 is one of the best whiskeys i've ever tasted, my wife found me that bottle online...they stopped production since, will be a special occasion for me to open that one.
    IMG_6167 (resized).JPGIMG_6167 (resized).JPG

#814 4 years ago

Scored the only bottle on the shelf yesterday. Been a long time since i've seen it around here.

IMG_21171 (resized).jpgIMG_21171 (resized).jpg
    #815 4 years ago

Ok so been a good couple days in the world of bourbon at least for me. Never seen that one bottle of stagg you guys post and very rarely see the stagg jr. so gotta snag it when I see it but today the stars were in alignment i guess. Gonna be a damn good weekend i think.

20190426_094947 (resized).jpg20190426_094947 (resized).jpg
    #816 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ok so been a good couple days in the world of bourbon at least for me. Never seen that one bottle of stagg you guys post and very rarely see the stagg jr. so gotta snag it when I see it but today the stars were in alignment i guess. Gonna be a damn good weekend i think.
    [quoted image]

Great snag. No, not likely at all to run across any George T. on a shelf. I rarely, if ever, run across the Stagg Jr. anymore.

#817 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Great snag. No, not likely at all to run across any George T. on a shelf. I rarely, if ever, run across the Stagg Jr. anymore.

Just out of curiosity what does a bottle of the regular George Stagg go for if you can find one?

#818 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Just out of curiosity what does a bottle of the regular George Stagg go for if you can find one?

Don't know for sure about Stagg - but I got Stagg Jr. for 75 bucks in Delaware last summer

#819 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I’m sure the price police will get me, but I think you’d be lucky to find one under $600.

#820 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I’m sure the price police will get me, but I think you’d be lucky to find one under $600. Many are more.

I did see one priced at $495 at a local store the other day.....

#821 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I went to a local bar last night and they had Stagg for $17/2oz pour - couldn't believe my luck. Had the bartender bring the bottle over to verify it wasn't StaggJr.

They had maybe 25 bourbons but for price compare a few that I remember- Jim Beam $7, ER10Y $10, Knob Creek $11, Angels Envy $14

#822 4 years ago

My wife and I are going to be driving through southern Tennessee from Memphis to Chattanooga here in a few weeks and are interested in a few worthy distillery tours. Besides Jack Daniels in Lynchburg what would you guys recommend?

#823 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Retail is $99, Secondary is around $400 ish. Its good for $99, but I wouldnt spend 400.

#824 4 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

Retail is $99, Secondary is around $400 ish. Its good for $99, but I wouldnt spend 400.

It's kinda like that $5 shake. You can't believe you bought it but it's a pretty damn good bottle of bourbon.
    5 dollar shake (resized).png5 dollar shake (resized).png

#825 4 years ago
    Quoted from OilGuy:

My wife and I are going to be driving through southern Tennessee from Memphis to Chattanooga here in a few weeks and are interested in a few worthy distillery tours. Besides Jack Daniels in Lynchburg what would you guys recommend?

I'd try to make a run by the George Dickel distillery in Tullahoma if you could.. not too far from Nashville.
    https://www.tnwhiskeytrail.com/map/

I'm a little biased and you may not be able to make it all the way over to NE Tenn, but you won't find nicer folks than at the Tennessee Hills distillery in Jonesborough. Small time operation and only 1 bourbon... but it's on the way to be heard about.
    The Pecan Pie rum is something you'll want to buy a case of to take home. Your wife will thank you.
    https://tnhillsdistillery.com/

#826 4 years ago

End of the bottle and cigar

459E5745-6C1F-4A72-A123-386376AF3C10 (resized).jpeg459E5745-6C1F-4A72-A123-386376AF3C10 (resized).jpeg
    #827 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

End of the bottle and cigar
    [quoted image]

Well that just means you get to replace each with a better version right?

#828 4 years ago

Saw this while walking through the Costco liquor store. Figured I would give it a try this weekend.

IMG-2779 (resized).JPGIMG-2779 (resized).JPG
    #829 4 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

Saw this while walking through the Costco liquor store. Figured I would give it a try this weekend.
    [quoted image]

Great bourbon. You can add water or an icecube at this proof to mellow it but sip it neat first, so much flavor in this one. Really a bad ass bourbon.

#830 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Great bourbon. You can add water or an icecube at this proof to mellow it but sip it neat first, so much flavor in this one. Really a bad ass bourbon.

Good price too - that's $80-85 around PA/DE

#831 4 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

sigh, I remember when it was $55 just two years ago...

I haven't bought a bottle in longtime now.

#832 4 years ago

Tried this one on a whim because it's finished in port casks which I thought was interesting and unique. Pretty darned good! I didn't realize you could still call it bourbon even if it's finished in used casks of various types.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190430144216106_COVER (resized).jpg00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190430144216106_COVER (resized).jpg
    #833 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Tried this one on a whim because it's finished in port casks which I thought was interesting and unique. Pretty darned good! I didn't realize you could still call it bourbon even if it's finished in used casks of various types.
    [quoted image]

If it meets the bourbon criteria before it is 'finished' it is still bourbon - BUT - they have to put it on the label. That's my understanding anyway.

#834 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

[quoted image]

A lot of people like this one and tried to turn me onto it but too light in taste in my opinion and very much overrated

#835 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

If it meets the bourbon criteria before it is 'finished' it is still bourbon - BUT - they have to put it on the label. That's my understanding anyway.

Ah ok, makes sense because I've seen it listed that way on other bottles as well.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

A lot of people like this one and tried to turn me onto it but too light in taste in my opinion and very much overrated

It's definitely down to ones tastes, but for a random find at Target I was pleasantly surprised!

#836 4 years ago

Target!?? Man, I’ll have to revisit Target soon.

#837 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

You may need to re-up on that GTS, it’s going quick!

Does anyone else filter this thread periodically on Fulltilt to watch the changing status of his bottle of GTS? No? Just me?

#838 4 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Does anyone else filter this thread periodically on fulltilt to watch the changing status of his bottle of GTS? No? Just me?

bluto2 (resized).jpgbluto2 (resized).jpg

#839 4 years ago

Picked up an interesting high proof bourbon blend. Pretty good stuff...

IMG_5387 (resized).jpegIMG_5387 (resized).jpeg

#840 4 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

And TN.

#841 4 years ago

Vermont has a rare bourbon lottery to allocate certain products. I wanted one of the Pappy’s, but entered all of the drawings for shits and giggles.

Ended up with the Glenmorangie Alta for $99.99. While I was there I spotted the Elijah Craig small batch cask strength for $56.99 behind the shelf and the Glenlivet 12 was $78.99 (normally $84.99).

There was an empty row of Four Roses single barrel. Guess I didn’t get to the store in time. Would have been nice to have that one too. Prices are pretty rough in Vermont and we don’t have nearly the selection as most, but I make due.

#842 4 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

Vermont has a rare bourbon lottery to allocate certain products. I wanted one of the Pappy’s, but entered all of the drawings for shits and giggles.
    Ended up with the Glenmorangie Alta for $99.99. While I was there I spotted the Elijah Craig small batch cask strength for $56.99 behind the shelf and the Glenlivet 12 was $78.99 (normally $84.99).
    There was an empty row of Four Roses single barrel. Guess I didn’t get to the store in time. Would have been nice to have that one too. Prices are pretty rough in Vermont and we don’t have nearly the selection as most, but I make due.
    [quoted image]

Geez... Pretty sure that I bought that Elijah Craig from Costco not long ago. I asked picked up some Four Roses while in FL last week, I've seen that around here plenty so I did not stock up.

#843 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Geez... Pretty sure that I bought that Elijah Craig from Costco not long ago. I asked picked up some Four Roses while in FL last week, I've seen that around here plenty so I did not stock up.

I just wish our Costco would carry liquor. I’ve done alcohol exchanges with Pinsiders in the past. I’m certainly open to trades if anyone can ever find me some bottles I can’t find in Vermont.

#844 4 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

I just wish our Costco would carry liquor. I’ve done alcohol exchanges with Pinsiders in the past. I’m certainly open to trades if anyone can ever find me some bottles I can’t find in Vermont.

I'll watch for Elijah Craig when I go tomorrow.

#845 4 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

Four Roses single barrel

Is fairly easy to get here in central NC.

#846 4 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

I found a bottle of EH Taylor. Weller green label. And Willett Rye today. Any of that do anything for you? I’m doubtful but you never know.

#847 4 years ago

Logged off and ready to get my weekend started. My first find of Eagle Rare (it's difficult to find locally) My last bourbon and pinball night I ended up buying this machine. I'm still cool with my purchase.

20190503_165228 (resized).jpg20190503_165228 (resized).jpg
    #848 4 years ago

Found OFC 1993 on the shelf at retail. Any of you Pinside Pimps want a 2.5k bottle of bourbon? Maryland tax will add about $150

#849 4 years ago

Got this one from Costco today.

They had a ton of that Elijah Craig small batch.

IMG_20190503_182120 (resized).jpgIMG_20190503_182120 (resized).jpg
    #850 4 years ago

Some of us are older than others.

A little Grand Dad ain’t bad!
    Oh baby! I might have to buy a little more to put aside.

86FC2004-85B5-4816-A514-863512893EE9 (resized).jpeg86FC2004-85B5-4816-A514-863512893EE9 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.