Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 235.
    #9201 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I know I've been drinking too much when I completely forgot I sent myself a bottle of bourbon.
    Thank you to myself, whoever you are!

Well if you are ashamed of yourself for doing that you can always send it to me

Screenshot_2017-09-09-08-13-02 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-09-09-08-13-02 (resized).png
    #9202 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

I see most traditional distilleries age with barrels horizontal but when I toured a new rickhouse this last summer they stored barrels standing on end. They said it was for easier movement as they could get 4 barrels on a pallet and stack them. Any thoughts on if this makes a difference?

I thought part of the process in storing barrels horizontally was so that they could be rolled/rotated, which helps the alcohol get infused from the wood more equally. Curious if that is not part of the process for the place you went.

#9203 3 years ago

Bourbon exchange reminder!

Please, if you got a package, please post that you received it, even if you do not attend to open it at this time. That way, your giver knows that you got their package. Also, shipping outlook for the season is looking rough, so make sure to get your packages out soon. Mine is going out tomorrow.

#9204 3 years ago

Local store pick of Remus, they call it The Thrilla in Vanilla. 115 proof

PXL_20201021_004945552 (resized).jpgPXL_20201021_004945552 (resized).jpg
    #9205 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

[quoted image]

Got 1 of those myself and I really enjoyed it

#9206 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Quick question to fellow bourbon heads that have access to OWA, what's a reasonable price for it? There's no way I can find it in PNW, so I'm at the mercy of trying to find it online at amplified prices. So trying to understand what's a reasonable premium for that (if any), thank you in advance

It’s 49.99 or 59.99 msrp can’t remember(I’ll find out this weekend when I visit OWA country aka Ohio). It’s worth $70 maybe $75 to me.

#9207 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well if you are ashamed of yourself for doing that you can always send it to me

Talking to yourself again Bill.

#9208 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Please, if you got a package, please post that you received it, even if you do not attend to open it at this time. That way, your giver knows that you got their package. Also, shipping outlook for the season is looking rough, so make sure to get your packages out soon. Mine is going out tomorrow.

Received mine yesterday. Thanks! Sending out tomorrow.

#9209 3 years ago

Spot the bourbon, win a cigar.

IMG_9510 (resized).jpegIMG_9510 (resized).jpeg

#9210 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Spot the bourbon, win a cigar.
    [quoted image]

I see a Booker's box, and a really cool rifle.

#9211 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I see a Booker's box, and a really cool rifle.

Give da' man a cigar.
    PM me your shipping info and enjoy.

#9212 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Give da' man a cigar.
    PM me your shipping info and enjoy.

Appreciate the offer, but I'll have to pass. In about a week I'll be five years tobacco/nicotine free.

#9213 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

How is Johnny Drum? I've seen it on a few shelves but have passed

I think is good for a between $40-$50 bottle, I paid $47 went up a little in price since I first discovered and this is my second bottle. It’s maybe a little too light at first but I like it for a change in flavor and nice for under $50.

#9214 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

[quoted image]

Also wanted to try thanks for the post in glass to see the color, looks like one I may like

#9215 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Appreciate the offer, but I'll have to pass. In about a week I'll be five years tobacco/nicotine free.

Runner up I see the B as well for Bookers box but also see quite a few priority mail boxes below maybe with a few bottles in them, you never know.

#9216 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Matt, received my secret Santa bottle in the mail on Saturday. Still in box sealed did not open. Thanks Santa.

Also, I just went shopping on Saturday and picked up the bottle for my secret Santa. Plan to send out in next few days or by end of week for sure. I got the bubble wrap and box.

#9217 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I quit cigarettes a bit over 35 years ago. I good rare cigar I look at as my reward.
    Hardest thing I've ever quit was nicotine... but then I've not tried quitting whiskey yet.

#9218 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I quit cigarettes a bit over 35 years ago. I good rare cigar I look at as my reward.
    Hardest thing I've ever quit was nicotine... but then I've not tried quitting whiskey yet.

That’s amazing you can have a cigar once and awhile and not go back to regularly smoking. I won’t even attempt it. I haven’t smoked cigarettes in 12 years. Also smoked good cigars every weekend before I quit.

#9219 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #9220 3 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

[quoted image]

Yep! Quit that too Lol

#9221 3 years ago

Wrapped my hands for the first time since about 2009 and boxed 10 rounds on my heavy bag tonight. I have played around with bags since then but tonight was the first serious time in a while. I will be feeling this tomorrow. Monster hands for the win!

To celebrate and dull the pain, cracked open this Willett Rye. Pretty damn tasty!it is very rye forward on the tongue and finishes minty. It has a rye burn at the beginning but by the time it turns mint it cools down. Kind of reminds me of spearmint gum. I like this a lot!

493A504E-AD2F-42AA-AAC5-EE5C21C6FC37 (resized).jpeg493A504E-AD2F-42AA-AAC5-EE5C21C6FC37 (resized).jpeg5D796140-E797-4D6B-8109-582427ADA3FF (resized).jpeg5D796140-E797-4D6B-8109-582427ADA3FF (resized).jpeg
    #9222 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Wrapped my hands for the first time since about 2009 and boxed 10 rounds on my heavy bag tonight. I have played around with bags since then but tonight was the first serious time in a while. I will be feeling this tomorrow. Monster hands for the win!
    To celebrate and dull the pain, cracked open this Willett Rye. Pretty damn tasty!it is very rye forward on the tongue and finishes minty. It has a rye burn at the beginning but by the time it turns mint it cools down. Kind of reminds me of spearmint gum. I like this a lot!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

A real rye and a real big hand

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #9223 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

A real rye and a real big hand[quoted image]

I take it you are a fan, Aaron? What is your take on it?

#9224 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I take it you are a fan, Aaron? What is your take on it?

I really like it! Minty fresh like you said... sweet and spicy with nice oily mouth feel.

#9225 3 years ago

I love Willett Rye. If I see a batch above 110 proof it's an instant buy for me. Nice and spicy with a pleasant burn and a super long finish. This is the last of two bottles of that 112.2 batch, one of my all time favorite ryes.

IMG-0541 (resized).jpgIMG-0541 (resized).jpg
    #9226 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Common Matt. Open invitation for 18+ holes here at Blackthorn. Those bit muffs will help smoke the course for ya.
    We'll carry a flask each or a 1/2 gallon of margaritas. Get's better with every hole!

#9227 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Common Matt. Open invitation for 18+ holes here at Blackthorn. Those bit muffs will help smoke the course for ya.
    We'll carry a flask each or a 1/2 gallon of margaritas. Get's better with every hole!

I’ll come drive the cart. I haven’t swung a club in probably 5 years. I played varsity golf in high school but that was more a factor that they needed a 4th man. I cheated like hell and still shot in the 90’s.

#9228 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I’ll come drive the cart. I haven’t swung a club in probably 5 years. I played varsity golf in high school but that was more a factor that they needed a 4th man. I cheated like hell and still shot in the 90’s.

I played 2 weeks ago and that was the 1st time I swung the sticks since 2015. Tore my rotator cuff in 4 places in june of 2015 had to have shoulder surgery and didn't go back to work till jan of 2016. No warmup swings or anything just teed one up and off I went. Sucked complete ass for the 1st 2 holes but shit started coming back on the 3rd hole. By the 4th hole I was feeling like old times, still rusty but at least comfortable again. Brought a flask that I cracked open and lit a fantastic Opus X and had a great rest of the day.

#9229 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

By the 4th hole I was feeling like old times, still rusty but at least comfortable again. Brought a flask that I cracked open and lit a fantastic Opus X and had a great rest of the day.

So, you're saying that the whiskey kicked in just after the third hole?

#9230 3 years ago

Show of hands: Who else is pouring a beverage tonight and settling in for Debate Night in America?

#9231 3 years ago

Quoted from DBLM:

Show of hands: Who else is pouring a beverage tonight and settling in for Debate Night in America?

5F3C8CCF-E7D9-4CB4-BBD1-D5C08A8BE0B5.gif5F3C8CCF-E7D9-4CB4-BBD1-D5C08A8BE0B5.gif

#9232 3 years ago

Does this mean you have to drink that heavily to get to the point that you can watch the debate? I am going to put you down as a maybe.

#9233 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I will be avoiding the national tradition of Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich

mqxngk0 (resized).pngmqxngk0 (resized).png
    #9234 3 years ago

Even though the NFC East is horrible. I’ll be watching and drinking during the Giants vs Eagles game tonight. You couldn’t pay me enough money to watch a debate.

#9235 3 years ago

I will be having this tasty beverage and kicking off thirsty thursday!

20201022_164615 (resized).jpg20201022_164615 (resized).jpg
    #9236 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Will dvr it to watch later since it is way past my bedtime.

#9237 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I just started back playing about a month ago. Played my whole life till the past decade.
    I pulled a lunch receipt from my bag when I started back playing... 2006.

#9238 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I'd really rather just watch them kick box. Winner takes the office.

#9239 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'd really rather just watch them kick box. Winner takes the office.

How about a little ro sham bo action to decide?

tenor.giftenor.gif
    #9240 3 years ago

No OWA passing through this week! Guess I should have been buying when it was here

#9241 3 years ago

No OWA passing through this week! Guess I should have been buying when it was here

Keep me in mind big fella!

#9242 3 years ago

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:Keep me in mind big fella!

Absolutely, kind of why I was talking out loud

#9243 3 years ago

Absolutely, kind of why I was talking out loud

I was getting grief about buying so I stopped. While amazon was delivering everyday for the grief giver. Crack seems more appealing everyday

#9244 3 years ago

I was getting grief about buying so I stopped. While amazon was delivering everyday for the grief giver. Crack seems more appealing everyday

Say what? (resized).pngSay what? (resized).png
    #9245 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

He lives right down the road from me...I should check his stash

#9246 3 years ago

If only all of Pinside were this cool... Package came today.

Sender: Pinside.

#9247 3 years ago

What up dudes? So made a couple pickups today. The Bombergers I’ve been hounding for a couple months and a club private barrel pick Untitled 13 year MGP that’s supposedly insane. Happy thirsty Thursday.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #9248 3 years ago

Hi all. It’s been awhile since I’ve last posted. My collection has gotten out of hand.

BFEFF694-FD46-4191-86B4-8382AE928D7A (resized).jpegBFEFF694-FD46-4191-86B4-8382AE928D7A (resized).jpeg
    #9249 3 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

Hi all. It’s been awhile since I’ve last posted. My collection has gotten out of hand.
    [quoted image]

That’s all pretty gross stuff you gave there!

#9250 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

What up dudes? So made a couple pickups today. The Bombergers I’ve been hounding for a couple months and a club private barrel pick Untitled 13 year MGP that’s supposedly insane. Happy thirsty Thursday.
    [quoted image]

Would love to hear what you think of the Bomberger's, I'm a big fan of the bottle I got.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.