awesome1 AIQ Leaderboard 4-2024 Activity Stern Insider Connected.jpg
12 Billion AIQ Pinball Grand Champion awesome1.JPG
IMG_1998 (resized).jpeg
awesome1 Thanos Attacks! Champion 362 Million (resized).JPG
IMG_1989 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Da-Shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2855 3 years ago

I'm pretty loyal to Titan. I believe they created the first multi colored rubbers. I could be wrong. However, I've never been disappointed and they have great customer service. The only time I use Super Bands is for posts.

#2867 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Curious chuck, why do you hate superbands? I love them. I get great control with them. Not too much bounce either. Thoughts?

Super bands make nice rubbers that are super durable. Great for locations. Go with what you like. Some say they are to bouncy.

1 year later
#9880 1 year ago

Finally, I’m in the club. I’ve been wanting an Avengers Infinity Quest for awhile. My Pro model arrives next week. I’m wondering if people have some pictures of some fixed up Pro editions. I’m seeing a lot of Premium pictures, but not many Pro’s. I’m planning on adding some T-molding, speaker lights, leg lights and some other colorful mods. Would light blue be good for T-molding or yellow. Please tell me if there is any must have mods. Thanks in advanced.

#9934 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

AIQ is just a great shooter with super flow when you get 'in the zone' and are hitting all the shots.

My NIB Pro arrives tomorrow and I bought it for this exactly.

“AIQ is just a great shooter with super flow when you get 'in the zone' and are hitting all the shots. “

#9955 1 year ago

Fed Ex was supposed to ship my Pro today and then the status switch to Pending. I’m not sure what happened, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to make it today. No communication. I’ve had a lot of bad experiences with Fed Ex. I have my own company that ships out mostly UPS around the US. It seems people in the North East USA prefer Fed Ex. However, they suck in California.

#10020 1 year ago

I just received my Pro. It looks fantastic and plays great out of the box. I didn’t have any issues. I really like the hammered powder coating on the hinges and lock bar, and what appears to be a thumb drive in the back box. I should have purchased this pin a year ago. Thx Stern, I’m very happy.

BC6A7CF5-1A5C-4BBD-888E-DB79DA407AEC (resized).jpegBC6A7CF5-1A5C-4BBD-888E-DB79DA407AEC (resized).jpeg
#10051 1 year ago

I’m quickly finding out the outlanes are brutal. It almost seems there are traps on both sides.

#10106 1 year ago

Anyway to remove this sticker? It seems on there pretty good.

696B78FD-573B-4B3D-AA2F-772C674830AB (resized).jpeg696B78FD-573B-4B3D-AA2F-772C674830AB (resized).jpeg
#10114 1 year ago

Is there a mode or gem where your flippers go dead? This has happened to me 3 times. One time they went dead and then came back on.

#10120 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

On second thought, your flippers don’t go dead, the mode just ends.

Thank you. The flippers have gone dead about 5-6 times. I’m pretty sure there’s an issue.

#10137 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

There are two, but both are very late in the game, when you beat Battle Royale or Battle Thanos. Probably not what you're seeing. (Soul Gem doesn't do this, if you run out of flips, the game just changes back to normal play with no break.)
Flippers going dead is most often a node board problem, either a loose connection or it's bad and resetting on its own. The other possibility is a trough switch making the game think a ball drained, but you'd know this because it goes to the bonus count.

Thanks for the advise guys. Yes, the flippers are going dead for a split second, along with the lights going black and then the game returns to normal and you can continue playing the same ball. It seems to mostly happen during multi-ball. I have added some light mods to the game, but don't think they're the issue.

What I've done so far. I've reseated all the trough and nearby node board connections. I also updated the game code for a second time. Nothing has helped so far. I'll probably end up establishing a ticket soon.

#10159 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thanks for the advise guys. Yes, the flippers are going dead for a split second, along with the lights going black and then the game returns to normal and you can continue playing the same ball. It seems to mostly happen during multi-ball. I have added some light mods to the game, but don't think they're the issue.
What I've done so far. I've reseated all the trough and nearby node board connections. I also updated the game code for a second time. Nothing has helped so far. I'll probably end up establishing a ticket soon.

Just a quick update. Stern returned my email immediately regarding the flippers going dead issue. They thought there might be a short in one of the light mods I installed and asked me to unplug them all. So I did. Great news, the flippers haven’t gone dead in 4 games. Now I just have to figure out what mod is causing short. I’m starting to plug things in again slowly.

#10163 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Just a quick update. Stern returned my email immediately regarding the flippers going dead issue. They thought there might be a short in one of the light mods I installed and asked me to unplug them all. So I did. Great news, the flippers haven’t gone dead in 4 games. Now I just have to figure out what mod is causing short. I’m starting to plug things in again slowly.

I wanted to close this issue out. It appears one of the alligator clips on a light mod was to close to the socket itself and causing a short. Once I changed to another socket everything started working as it should.

#10198 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeaks5635:

Hey guys back again with an update for my flipper power loss issue. Stern still does not have an idea but I have at least got to a repeatable section of the game when it happens.
The latest instructions from stern were to remove the pinstadium, so I unhooked it and unplugged it but it is still physically in position. And disconnect CN15 from Node 8 which disables the lower GI on the playfield. I have both of these performed on the video below.
The flippers still die every game during the startup thanos cutscene. And they die every time I hit the extra ball animation but it seems to be for longer during a thor multiball.
I responded to stern tonight letting them know their ideas didn't work but I am wondering if anyone else on here has any ideas of what to try next.

Previously, my flippers were dying when my Pinstadium UV flashers were plugged into the Hulk flasher. Once I changed flashers to the tower, it fixed the problem. Let me know if this works for you. If so, we should pass it up the chain.

1 week later
#10268 1 year ago

I need a cheat sheet on where to place these gems.

#10273 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I go like this:
Power Gem goes on either Hulk, Captain America, or Black Panther. Whichever needs the most help powering up at the moment. After each Avengers Assembled mode, that avenger stays collected, so hit Change Gems when you can and move it to a new avenger to power them up and carry over next time. (The advanced version of this: leave it on the same avenger until they reach level 2 for the trophy, then move it to power up someone else.)
Mind Gem always goes on Widow, since she's the easiest to power up to levels 1 and 2.
Reality Gem goes on the drop targets if I get it early, then Captain Marvel later once the Binary multiplier gets up.
Time Gem most often goes on the drops, those get the most random hits for tacking on time.
Soul and Space go wherever is left over, doesn't really matter.
Sometimes I will move Soul or Mind for short-term tactical reasons. If I happen to hit Change Gems while a Soul Gem Jackpot is lit, then of course I'll move Soul to the currently highest-powered avenger (or Captain Marvel if Binary is at least 4x.) I will also sometimes change Mind for a specific next quest or mode - move it to a level-1 avenger for most quests, or a level-2 avenger if I have any and Reality Gem or Battle Royale is up next.

Right, there is no CM multiplier on the Pro. I've tried using Power Gem on CM, but it's not all that great, problem is the opportunity cost of not using it to power up and carry over a real avenger. If you want to make Battle Royale and the other wizard modes, you really need it helping on the avengers.

1 - Just bend the target back down. There are mods for a stronger bracket if you want to get and install one.
2 - You need to get and install a stronger plunger spring - that seems to be the only thing that works for it.

Thank you

#10311 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I wanted to give all you AIQ onwers who purchased my disc mod a quick shout out for responding to my Personal message and purchasing my lastest game mod. As a previous customer I really appriciate the support and kind words on the relase of my newest product.
For those who might be interested in viewing I've posted the link below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
Thanks again, really appricate it!
[quoted image]

Wow, these look great!

6 months later
#11327 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Nevermind, mine magically started working again. Not sure why.

Let’s hope it stays that way.

#11345 1 year ago

Hey guys, I have a weird place for the ball to come off the ball rails. Checking the forum, I haven't seen anyone else have this issue in the same location. Usually at low speeds (1 out of 100 times) the ball will just fall off the ball rail in the Ant Man area. I've tried to video it, but it's to infrequent. When I try rolling the ball down the rail by hand at different speeds I can't get is to fall off. I don't see any burrs. It's almost like the ball hits a plastic. Any suggestions?

Image-4 (resized).jpegImage-4 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#11976 10 months ago

Has anybody had problems with this opto continuing to register? It's on the corner of the left ramp and sits directly behind the Avengers tower. It keeps making a sound and gives 500 points. I tried loosening the screws and adjusting the opto to help line them up, but it only works for a very short time. I'm wondering if the opto needs replacing or is the bracket not straight. It's also a pita to replace, so I thought I'd ask.

Image copy (resized).jpegImage copy (resized).jpegImage[1] copy (resized).jpegImage[1] copy (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Da-Shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=Da-Shaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.