FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 73.
#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks to you and everyone else for your help. I’ll need to understand the game better so no better time to dig in than now.
I didn’t check continuity between the board to the flipper connector but that will be fun and difficult based on how tight everything is.
I guess just hoping the pin was detached and that was the issue was too hopeful.

Have you checked the more obvious first? Does the coil have continuity? Sometimes the winding wire breaks at the coil lug.

#1752 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Have you checked the more obvious first? Does the coil have continuity? Sometimes the winding wire breaks at the coil lug.

Thanks. I didn’t check. Family just left so I’ll be able to test a few more things.

I just checked. I have continuity.

Also reading 2.9 ohms between the outer wires and 282 ohms between both sides to the middle wire.

I just tested continuity from the white wires at j3 on the right side of the flipper board to the white wire on the connector and have continuity.

I also checked the purple wire (which I may have labelled maroon previously) and the gray wire from j7 to the wires on the connector and also have continuity.

There looks like a bunch of test points on this flipper board but don’t know what I’m testing.

I think the transistor is bad. But on a bally /Williams, a bad transistor usually takes out the coil while protecting the fuse which is usually the last item to blow (when of course if it actually worked correctly it would be the first to protect the coil and transistor).

I already tested the fuse in the right side of the flipper board (f1) but since it appears to protect both the top left and right and I know the top left works, the fuse is not the issue.

The interesting thing about this issue is

This is the first time I had all four of my games on all day. I usually pick a game or two and turn on for 30 to 60 minutes to play and turn off.

The other thing is the first thing I noticed was the roll pin fell out. I was hoping it was mechanical but it turned out to also be electrical.

Also I set the power on both upper flippers to the max (40) to get the ball up the spiral ramp. I probably don’t need the setting that high on the right flipper. Could this setting change cause issues with the flipper transistor?

Once I know which transistor controls the right top flipper, I could short it. If it works the same as bally/Williams this would show that I have continuity and the coil works but the transistor is bad. I have a bunch of transistors and once I know which one and the number, I could replace it.

I was able to get a photo to see the transistor number IRL540N. I have a whole bunch of them and can replace the transistor once I find a schematic or tech support tells me which one.

I just reinstalled the right top flipper and tested coil aux right 1. Since aux right 0 should be the top right flipper. Aux right 1 should be the top right flipper hold. If I pull up the flipper most of the way, I can feel the coil grabbing it slightly to keep it up(held).

Therefore when I speak to tech support tomorrow, I assume they can tell me which transistor is aux right 0 and I’ll replace it with a new IRL540N.

When I replace transistors for other repairs, I usually replace the transistor and the coil to ensure I have a new clean unstressed set. So I will probably buy a bunch of replacement coils and probably a spare flipper board.

I hope this was an anomaly and not an indication of what happens when I finally leave a game on all day and it gets a lot of plays.

I do not want to swap boards on the game. It wastes time and I believe I have narrowed it down. I understand the game is probably still under warranty so I’ll find out tomorrow.

#1753 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I think the transistor is bad. But on a bally /Williams, a bad transistor usually takes out the coil while protecting the fuse which is usually the last item to blow (when of course if it actually worked correctly it would be the first to protect the coil and transistor).

Gerry replied to my support request and asked me to swap out the board in the left side of the cabinet with the board below the play field. I did so and changed the dip switches appropriately.

The flipper now works. I’m waiting for further instructions of either replacing the transistor myself or sending them the board.

In my comment above I stated the coil would usually fry when the transistor went bad. Gerry pointed out that the transistor went bad in the “off” position rather than “on” which explains why the coil is still good.

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Gerry replied to my support request and asked me to swap out the board in the left side of the cabinet with the board below the play field. I did so and changed the dip switches appropriately.
The flipper now works. I’m waiting for further instructions of either replacing the transistor myself or sending them the board.
In my comment above I stated the coil would usually fry when the transistor went bad. Gerry pointed out that the transistor went bad in the “off” position rather than “on” which explains why the coil is still good.

Woo hoo! If it's not clear, Gerry is EXTREMELY on top of his oeuvre. Glad to hear it's working

#1755 1 year ago

This was the 3rd report of an upper flipper no longer driving and the 2nd confirmed to be the driver board (waiting on measurements from the other customer). We don't suspect a component issue on the driver boards as the root cause for lots of reasons, but we also haven't seen the failure here at the factory so we're still collecting data.

If anybody else sees this issue, please report it.

Thanks.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1756 1 year ago

How does it work with making your own game with someone else's module? If I own a cosmic cart can I program for that module without any special permission? What about the new game Drained, can I re theme that and make a new game or is it locked down without permission from the creator?

#1757 1 year ago

You can!

The SDK contains the data needed to make games using the (currently 5) Multimorphic modules.

If you would like to make a game for Drained, you'll need the module definition/driver from me (PM me for them).

However, you don't need permission to make a game, only to release it on the platform for others to play. Multimorphic reviews and approves all releases on the platform.

#1758 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

You can!
The SDK contains the data needed to make games using the (currently 5) Multimorphic modules.
If you would like to make a game for Drained, you'll need the module definition/driver from me (PM me for them).
However, you don't need permission to make a game, only to release it on the platform for others to play. Multimorphic reviews and approves all releases on the platform.

Thank you for the reply! Your game pushed me over the edge to get a P3. Now I just need more pinball $$$

#1759 1 year ago

Wow, thank you! That's a huge compliment, and I really appreciate it.

One other note about development - you don't need a P3 to get started!

You will need one to test your game on hardware, of course.

#1760 1 year ago

I'm getting a Weird Al LE(hopefully soon), is there any additional mechanical components for the base game I would ever need on a new game if I bought older game kits from others(Lexy, Heist, etc)? Or does having a new build cover me for anything on older games?

#1761 1 year ago

I thought it was the other around, if you had an early P3 model, you would have to buy the upper flippers to make it work with newer modules.

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm getting a Weird Al LE(hopefully soon), is there any additional mechanical components for the base game I would ever need on a new game if I bought older game kits from others(Lexy, Heist, etc)? Or does having a new build cover me for anything on older games?

new weird al should have (as long as it was purchased, upper left) the upper flippers and side targets come with. All older pf's will just drop in and work. Weird al has all the gadgets that are needed to play everything.

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

You're good. Your Al kit should include everything; in fact you have MORE than us original owners - the option to upgrade the speaker lights (not yet available on the original P3), the speaker plastic works/fits, and I think eventually you can upgrade to the cabinet lights (those are AWESOME) once MM starts offering them. And your topper will work! None of that stuff is available yet for the original P3.

(There's a board for the original P3s for the topper to work, it's just not available yet. supply chain I think)

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You're good. Your Al kit should include everything; in fact you have MORE than us original owners - the option to upgrade the speaker lights (not yet available on the original P3), the speaker plastic works/fits, and I think eventually you can upgrade to the cabinet lights (those are AWESOME) once MM starts offering them. And your topper will work! None of that stuff is available yet for the original P3.
(There's a board for the original P3s for the topper to work, it's just not available yet. supply chain I think)

The new speakers look amazing too - can't wait for that upgrade kit to be released.

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

The new speakers look amazing too - can't wait for that upgrade kit to be released.

It’ll happen eventually - they’re cranking out those playfields right now; that’s a whole different new product basically

#1766 1 year ago

One thing I'd love to see is that they add in new high scores for Heist.

- Most Donuts collected
- Most Cash collected
- Highest score for (Each Character)
- Police Multiball High Score
- Other multiball high scores
- ETC.

They did this for Sorcerer's Apprentice and Weird Al which is awesome.

#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

One thing I'd love to see is that they add in new high scores for Heist.
- Most Donuts collected
- Most Cash collected
- Highest score for (Each Character)
- Police Multiball High Score
- Other multiball high scores
- ETC.
They did this for Sorcerer's Apprentice and Weird Al which is awesome.

I wouldn't mind an update for Heist in general! There's definitely a couple of minor bugs; maybe the guys have some ideas they've not yet implemented? The game is great as-is, but why not?

#1768 1 year ago

The speaker lights are really well done. Ok it’s just LEDs but idk it looks fantastic

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You're good. Your Al kit should include everything; in fact you have MORE than us original owners - the option to upgrade the speaker lights (not yet available on the original P3), And your topper will work! None of that stuff is available yet for the original P3.

Hey gstellenberg - any idea when some of the “OG” P3 family will see some of these upgrades/features? Topper functionality, stock speaker lights v. New lights, head “face plate” fit? Love my OG machine but feeling like I’m missing out on what these new machines are offering. Haven’t seen a formal update - appreciate if I could get one.

#1770 1 year ago

I’m getting a heist. Does anyone ever sell their modules? I never see them listed so I assume most keep them. Thinking about weird Al, CCR and sorcerers apprentice. I think you need CCr for that

#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m getting a heist. Does anyone ever sell their modules? I never see them listed so I assume most keep them. Thinking about weird Al, CCR and sorcerers apprentice. I think you need CCr for that

For Sorceror’s you need CCR, yes. They come up SUPER rarely, but every once in a while. Most of the ones I’ve seen for sale are whole machines though, whole package. Everybody eventually ends up buying all the modules; it’s hard not to.

I suspect with WAMONH being released, more people are getting that and one other module - so you may see more for sale.

#1772 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For Sorceror’s you need CCR, yes. They come up SUPER rarely, but every once in a while. Most of the ones I’ve seen for sale are whole machines though, whole package. Everybody eventually ends up buying all the modules; it’s hard not to.
I suspect with WAMONH being released, more people are getting that and one other module - so you may see more for sale.

Thanks, is it hard to switch them in and out?

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here's a video showing how to do it:

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Not at all. Remove glass, push back 2 retaining clips, remove wire connectors, lift out. They are a bit heavy, so getting help isn’t a bad idea, but I swap them out by myself - takes about 90 seconds.

#1775 1 year ago

Nice! Thanks for letting me know

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:I’m getting a heist. Does anyone ever sell their modules? I never see them listed so I assume most keep them. Thinking about weird Al, CCR and sorcerers apprentice. I think you need CCr for that

I'm going to try and find some temp trade partners for mine after I've deep dived them.

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Hey gstellenberg - any idea when some of the “OG” P3 family will see some of these upgrades/features? Topper functionality, stock speaker lights v. New lights, head “face plate” fit? Love my OG machine but feeling like I’m missing out on what these new machines are offering. Haven’t seen a formal update - appreciate if I could get one.

No date predictions yet, but the backbox update option is in process. The plan is a flat-pack backbox that you can assemble locally. Then you'd swap all of your current backbox internals into it and be back up and running with the new lit speaker panel and optional speaker kit lights.

I know a few people who bought new P3s and sold their old ones (like buying a new year model of a car and selling the old one), but we're doing our best to give even original P3 buyers the option to add the newest features to their machines.

- Gerry

#1778 1 year ago

Quick question, apologies if I missed it, but I searched here and a few of the game\module threads, can you install a physical knocker somewhere or is it prewired to add a kit from PBL?

If not, any future plans?

Thanks

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

About once a year you’ll see one or so for sale.

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does heist have any upgrades or only weird Al did they make the changes?

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does heist have any upgrades or only weird Al did they make the changes?

MM has continuously upgraded the machine. Originally it shipped with no display in the backbox; I can’t remember if there was just a static translite or what.

Heist isn’t nearly as upgraded as Al - Heist did include an upper right flipper module and they came out with the flipper/target bay art around the same time. New machines would already have both upper flippers.

#1782 1 year ago

Anyone interested in selling a weird Al module or any other modules besides Heist? I have a heist and looking for the others. Mainly wierd Al but would buy more if anyone wants to work out a deal or if local i have a party zone I’d trade. Probably value it at $3700

#1783 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Anyone interested in selling a weird Al module or any other modules besides Heist? I have a heist and looking for the others. Mainly wierd Al but would buy more if anyone wants to work out a deal or if local i have a party zone I’d trade. Probably value it at $3700

Man, I would totally consider this. I'll be in toledo early next year so if you haven't gotten this to happen yet maybe we can figure something out

#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man, I would totally consider this. I'll be in toledo early next year so if you haven't gotten this to happen yet maybe we can figure something out

Ok, sounds good. I’ll let you know if i hear anything in the next few days. If not, maybe we can work a deal out

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, sounds good. I’ll let you know if i hear anything in the next few days. If not, maybe we can work a deal out

So you can trade the module (permanent or temp)- but how would you share the software?

#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

So you can trade the module (permanent or temp)- but how would you share the software?

The original game software is linked to the module (Heist, Weird Al, etc). You can install it in all the machines but it will only run if the module is installed. Add-on software is linked to the P3 itself such as games like ROCS, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Ranger in the ruins, etc. I don't believe there is a way to sell/share those software only games.

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

MM has continuously upgraded the machine. Originally it shipped with no display in the backbox; I can’t remember if there was just a static translite or what.
Heist isn’t nearly as upgraded as Al - Heist did include an upper right flipper module and they came out with the flipper/target bay art around the same time. New machines would already have both upper flippers.

They sure do. I have the first production machine from the inaugural run (in the wild at least). Originally, it had a plastic translite for each game. I've now installed all of the available upgrades (from Multimorphic) along with the improved fan from pinball monk (well worth it). Pretty amazing how they continue to innovate and support OG customers while adding all sorts of new capability for new customers/new games. That is the beauty of the platform and the P3. Kudos to Gerry and the team over there. If you don't have one of these in your collection, you really need to order the full set. I've just got to figure out where to store more game modules now.

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yep, that’s what I’ve been told for the modules only not download games. Basically weird Al, heist, lexy and CCr(probably sorcerers apprentice with it).

Are you looking to sell??

#1789 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yep, that’s what I’ve been told for the modules only not download games. Basically weird Al, heist, lexy and CCr(probably sorcerers apprentice with it).

I don’t think SA either. that seems to be handled like a download such as ROCs.

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The original game software is linked to the module (Heist, Weird Al, etc). You can install it in all the machines but it will only run if the module is installed. Add-on software is linked to the P3 itself such as games like ROCS, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Ranger in the ruins, etc. I don't believe there is a way to sell/share those software only games.

That makes sense. Never thought about it really. My Wamoh full P3 did have additional games installed which I was wondering about. But makes sense it’s linked to a module more than a physical machine/local hard drive.

For generic games that work in any module it makes sense anyone can buy for any module they own. Buy for the software that requires a certain playfield- feels like that should be tradable…

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Are you looking to sell??

Not now! I’m only 3 months in on Wamoh and it’s amazing still. Haven’t received Heist, CCr, CL yet. I’d be open to trade or sell down the road I guess but would be a while

#1792 1 year ago

The game that is the module, comes with the module. Any add one games do not transfer, from my experience.

I bought CCR and Lexy used, I only got those two games. I had to buy the extra lexy game and SA

#1793 1 year ago

@gstellenberg:

What is the official policy?

If someone owns a module with the base game and an add-on game that only works with that module type:

If they sell the module, we know the base game follows the module.

Is there any way to transfer the add-on game with the module, or does it become unplayable?

Thank you for clarifying!

- Mark

#1794 1 year ago

That's correct. Purchased add-on games are tied to a machine, not to a module. It's just like add-on packages on certain gaming consoles, where you can sell your DVD to somebody, but the skin-packs and other add-ons remain on your console machine. These concepts are changing with internet-enabled gaming, but we don't yet want to require all customers to have their P3s connected at all times. Many don't want to yet.

- Gerry

#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

Pretty amazing how they continue to innovate and support OG customers while adding all sorts of new capability for new customers/new games. That is the beauty of the platform and the P3. Kudos to Gerry and the team over there.

Thank you! Your machine was #9 off the line... in 2017. The first 8 were built as demo machines, and 6 of them (and a couple of new ones) are in our showroom showing off both old and new games. Now that the game library is so large, we no longer have enough demo machines or space in the showroom to show off all games at once! We've definitely come a long way in 5 years.

- Gerry

#1796 1 year ago

pretty soon you'll need a show room w/ just pf modules :-p

#1797 1 year ago

I contacted coin taker and mad pinball to see if they had any modules in stock. Since no resells much is there other dealers I can try? I know it’s a long shot but figure I’d try it

#1798 1 year ago

I don't think anyone stocks play field modules yet. Classic chicken vs egg scenario. You need to order direct from multimorphic and wait for your place in line

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't think anyone stocks play field modules yet. Classic chicken vs egg scenario. You need to order direct from multimorphic and wait for your place in line

Coin taker use to they said and Melissa thought they had a couple still in the warehouse. But like everyone during the pandemic most stock was depleted. Now I’d have to order it seems as they might of been one of the only ones to have done that. I’ll probably order a weird al here shortly

#1800 1 year ago

Al has arrived just in time for Christmas…

524F6567-4D42-44D5-8CA8-9732D53485B9 (resized).jpeg524F6567-4D42-44D5-8CA8-9732D53485B9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 20.00
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,500 (OBO)
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/36?hl=buellxb12r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.