FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 73.
#951 2 years ago

Wanting to join the club..... is anyone in Australia selling one or wanting to import one and get a few traveling together ?

#952 2 years ago

Did you get your game working @punkin?

Quoted from swinks:

Wanting to join the club..... is anyone in Australia selling one or wanting to import one and get a few traveling together ?

I noticed there are a couple of people in this thread who are interested:
https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/55939-multimorphic-p3/page/3/#comments

3 weeks later
#953 2 years ago

Quick question for P3 owners with more than one upper playfield module - with the bottom two thirds of the playfield remaining the same when switching over, how different do different games feel and play? Ie switching between the core games - Heist / Lexi / Cosmic Cart - do they feel similar or very different?

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Quick question for P3 owners with more than one upper playfield module - with the bottom two thirds of the playfield remaining the same when switching over, how different do different games feel and play? Ie switching between the core games - Heist / Lexi / Cosmic Cart - do they feel similar or very different?

We have don't have Cosmic, but we do have Heist, Lexy, and Cannon Lagoon.

I can say that they feel very different. All of the games interact very differently with the lower playfield. Even a "mini-game" like hoops feels a ton different and it uses the Lexy playfield.

Heist has some completely different geometry with the upper flipper, and the crane extends down to the lower playfield making it even more interactive.

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Did you get your game working punkin?

I noticed there are a couple of people in this thread who are interested:
https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/55939-multimorphic-p3/page/3/#comments

Sort of, we are still working through it and there are more parts coming from the States atm. Been pretty disappointing really, considering i airfreighted it in so i could play it quicker.

I think if Gerry talked to Paul at pinball sales and imported them at a set price there would be much more interest in Australia. People don't want to do private imports with brokers etc, it's my core business, so not so scary for me i guess.

#956 2 years ago

What quarter should we expect the announcement of the licensed theme?

#957 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Wait different - there’s very few games with anything meaningful in that lower part of the machine. Houdini, for example (and plenty of earlier games)

They all feel VERY different, no kidding - especially Heist which also involves the crane

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

A local member did a show of the Lower 2/3 of most games are the same even with sterns etc. but with p3 yes much different, however, let’s say I have the heist of in, play heist and then play silver falls, which uses the same pf, plays totally different, same with CCR and ranger in the ruins. Same pf, but different games, play totally different. It’s one of the things I love, being able to keep a pf in, and switch to different mini games.

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Totally different games and experiences. Pull the trigger.

#960 2 years ago

I'm sure they'll announce when they are ready.

Last thing we want us a paper launch like Haggis' Fathom 2.0

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm sure they'll announce when they are ready.
Last thing we want us a paper launch like Haggis' Fathom 2.0

Not to mention they’ve put out some fairly important updates in the past few months - Sorcerer’s Apprentice, flipper upgrade, new cab artwork ..

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sort of, we are still working through it and there are more parts coming from the States atm. Been pretty disappointing really, considering i airfreighted it in so i could play it quicker.
I think if Gerry talked to Paul at pinball sales and imported them at a set price there would be much more interest in Australia. People don't want to do private imports with brokers etc, it's my core business, so not so scary for me i guess.

I would be in on if they were imported. Many years ago I brought in a Surf Champ EM and I was green at importing and got burnt cost wise big time as did not know what I was doing - very reluctant

what happened to your game punkin

#963 2 years ago

Not sure yet. They sent me a motherboard that didn't fix the issues i was having, then they had me going over all sorts of stuff until i threw up my hands and admitted i was technically incompetent.

So then they got a tech in and he has disabled a board that seemed to sort of solve the issues i was having. They now have a board and some cables coming to me (although it was weeks ago it was disabled) and the tech has to come back and see if that has resolved it ....sometime.

I have to say it hasn't been my best pinball experience at all. And i'm thousands in the red because of the air freight as i was excited and hoping to take it to Pinfest to show it off to Australia.

My mates who were interested in buying one are no longer interested.

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not sure yet. They sent me a motherboard that didn't fix the issues i was having, then they had me going over all sorts of stuff until i threw up my hands and admitted i was technically incompetent.
So then they got a tech in and he has disabled a board that seemed to sort of solve the issues i was having. They now have a board and some cables coming to me (although it was weeks ago it was disabled) and the tech has to come back and see if that has resolved it ....sometime.
I have to say it hasn't been my best pinball experience at all. And i'm thousands in the red because of the air freight as i was excited and hoping to take it to Pinfest to show it off to Australia.

that is ashame, sounds like they need a dealer like you said with some training to get the game up and running faster.

I am sure once fixed it will be sweet

#965 2 years ago

I am so sorry you have had a bad experience with you p3 after. You get it running it will be forgotten quickly!

#966 2 years ago

It's all good, Gerry and TJ have been pretty good and they do seem to want the game to work properly. I'm lucky i have a tech close to me i spose as the problems have been way above my skill level.

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What a shame - every game that gets shipped is going to have some issues, but troubleshooting is SO hard remotely, and I know your tech is competent, but this is a completely different, new machine. Man, that really sucks. Sounds like a few of my overseas purchases

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Gerry and TJ .. do seem to want the game to work properly.

There's absolutely no doubt about that!

This situation's been unfortunate for a bunch of reasons, but the biggest is the problem itself is an intermittent short that sometimes happens only after punkin plays for a little while. Isolating intermittent problems are never fun, especially if something similar has never happened before in a P3, which is the case here. We have a big and growing support page to help people through most maintenance, adjustments, and debugging, but since this one was new for us, we had to work through it and figure it out.

We can't thank punkin enough for being patient as we've worked the problem half a world away, relying on his hands (and more recently his tech's hands) to help try to isolate it.

Tech details for those who are interested:

The result of the short is the P3-ROC shuts down. So we first guessed it was a damaged P3-ROC and sent a new one, but that didn't resolve it. (We've still *never* had to replace a P3-ROC in a P3, which is great, but we were hoping for a quick fix). We think we've isolated it to a short in the longbeam switch circuits that do early detection on balls shot into the open scoops in the wall/scoop assembly. With that circuit disconnected, the machine seems run reliably. So we triple-tested and sent replacement parts and will have his tech install them. It still *could* be something else, like a damaged cable that was forced into a good position during the last debug session, but the longer the machine continues to work well, the odds of it being in the disconnected circuit increase. Luckily the early detection isn't required for games to play properly, but it does avoid a couple second wait for each scoop entry to be recognized by software.

Quoted from swinks:

sounds like they need a dealer [in the area]

We're continuing to work on that. Interest in the P3 is growing around the world, and we expect it to jump a lot more with the licensed game we have coming. So dealers will soon be able to sell P3s on theme alone rather than having to explain all of the advantages of a platform machine to folks that know pinball as single-themed machines. Our game library is starting to speak for itself. All of the other features are icing.

Regardless of the details, we want every single P3 to be working perfectly, and we'll continue doing everything we can reasonably do to make sure they do for decades to come.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#969 2 years ago

Congrats to P3, Colin, and Bowen. Hopefully this benefits all parties including consumers

FB_IMG_1639747536676 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1639747536676 (resized).jpg
#970 2 years ago

Wow Bowen Kerins,that will be a huge asset!
Also I agree it will be great to sell the p3 on the theme alone,I was asked by cointaker to speak to a potential p3 customer and I spent an hour going over the p3 and how fantastic it is but a licensed module will be a huge benefit for multimorphic.

1 week later
#971 2 years ago

I’m sitting with my 2 kids and if the new game is fortnight we’re buyers 100% .If not ,we will still look hard at it .Still looking for somewhere to play it .

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m sitting with my 2 kids and if the new game is fortnight we’re buyers 100% .If not ,we will still look hard at it .Still looking for somewhere to play it .

I'm a fan of the video game so the theme would not be a deal breaker for me. I think it would be a bad move for Multimorphic based on feedback in other threads regarding the theme. They need something more mainstream to the pinball community. Whatever the theme is, I'm really excited to see how they implement it. With all of the craziness in pinball pricing, P3 is looking more like the best deal out there on a new system. I'm getting close to 2 months on my pre-order.

2 weeks later
#973 2 years ago

We were delighted to host Gerry for an hour long podcast where he discussed all things P-ROC, P3, Heist as well as talking briefly about his upcoming licenced game.

#974 2 years ago

Hi, prospective P3 buyer here.

I've been thinking about getting a P3 for our commercial location here. Do P3s come with coin mechs, and can they be fitted with DBAs? I like the idea if having one on location and then changing the game each month to keep things fresh.

How reliable are P3 Multimorphics?

#975 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I don't own a machine so I can't speak to the reliability but I know they have an industry-leading 2-year warranty on the system and excellent customer support.

My biggest takeaway from the video above - new game in "weeks not months". Gerry has been trying so hard not to give a concrete date but I can't help getting excited.

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I've been thinking about getting a P3 for our commercial location here. Do P3s come with coin mechs, and can they be fitted with DBAs? I like the idea if having one on location and then changing the game each month to keep things fresh.

They come with coin mechs and are commercial quality machines. If you look at the pinmap, there are a couple locations with one. Maybe reach out to one of them regarding experience.

#977 2 years ago

They are defiantly commercial machines... They did a stint in a Dave and Busters before Covid hit.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hey Dakota Mike, I would be happy to hop on a call with you and answer any questions you might have about the P3. Yes any of the cabinets can be fitted with bill and coin mechs, Multimorphic still leads the industry with our two year warranty but it is definitely in their best interest to keep customers happy for the long term, as they will continue to release play fields for their P3s ( as opposed to wanting customers to flip over their inventory for entirely new pins) speaking from experience with the P3s at the factory and Expo floors, they have well over 40,000 plays and are from our original production run. Like any pinball machine there will be occasional quirks, they're built like tanks and the modularity makes maintenance much easier in a lot of cases. Send me a dm if you want to set up a phone or video call sometime!

#979 2 years ago

Any bets or guesses on new licensed theme being announced here soon?

#980 2 years ago

5th Element would be super cool, perfect pin theme especially for p3

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Any bets or guesses on new licensed theme being announced here soon?

Multimorphic will announce when it's ready to be announced.
I know for a fact; the supply chain is having an impact on the announcement. Everyone is dealing with this; even my small business.
So; feel free to guess - but let's not try to pressure a premature announcment.

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Multimorphic will announce when it's ready to be announced.
I know for a fact; the supply chain is having an impact on the announcement. Everyone is dealing with this; even my small business.
So; feel free to guess - but let's not try to pressure a premature announcment.

I know someone that was told to expect an announcement in a few weeks, not pressuring anyone or promising anything.

#983 2 years ago

I’m excited to hear about next title. When I order it will be between Heist or the new license (Fingers crossed for something epically cool)

As someone who only had “room for 1” but now has 4. I now really only have room for one more without selling something. So I have been saving up. maybe by this summer I’ll be able to place my order.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

When I order it will be between Heist or the new license ... maybe by this summer I’ll be able to place my order.

Summer will be well after Heist and licensed title. Heist is now two years old. I'm 100% positive the entire Multimorphic team is working hard to get the licensed title ready for announcement. They want a refresh. I guessed earlier we'd know something by TPF'22... was told that was way late... but seems to be the trend now because of the supply line issues.

I know they want a title that increases the number of games by a substantial margin. Listening to countless talks of Gerry over the last ?decade?; his dream of having 1000s of games out there is the key to his vision.

So; by summer - I'd think you'd be fairly deep in the production queue. Just be prepared to wait several months esp if you don't already have the P3 machine. If you really want a game by summer; you might want to talk to Multimorphic about securing a spot in line now. Licensed titles seem to cause long production times. The only mfgr that can build 1000s of machines fast is Stern. Even JJP hasn't cleared the GnR backlog; and it's been two years since "announced".

If you look at the cadence:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine?query=&manufacturer[]=143#results
at best they've done one game a year... Heist was two years from CCR. And this licensed title is now nearing two years from Heist. I'd love to see them get to a game every 6 months; but think there is still a bunch of work to get to a cadence of once a year. I'm betting Colin and Bowen getting hired is an attempt to increase the development team to increase titles and ideas.

I've already said too much... but I'm just excited to see what the team has come up with. More importantly I'd love to see the team get the recognition they deserve. P3 really is a great piece of engineering.

#985 2 years ago

If you want a P3 by summer, I suggest you put your deposit in asap. I ordered in November of last year and have been told not to expect it until mid-May. I have no issues with this wait. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

#986 2 years ago

If anyone would like to get a P3 in April or May please send me a message. Timeframe depends on supply chain delays. I have 3 machines on order in this batch with 1 already spoken for. Thanks!

#987 2 years ago

I’m interested in buying one but I’ve never played one before. It looks fun and I like the concept of being able to easily swap playfields. Seems like a good company too. I’ve barely begun my research and watching videos

#988 2 years ago

What are the warranties like on these? Saw someone was having issues with their Heist crane and wondered how often these modules needed worked on/parts replaced.

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

What are the warranties like on these? Saw someone was having issues with their Heist crane and wondered how often these modules needed worked on/parts replaced.

It comes with a two-year, transferable warranty. Full details here: https://www.multimorphic.com/warranty/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#990 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

the community is ultra knowledgeable and helpful too. Plus their support site has tons of documentation and YT videos for things.
While it is pinball and things go wrong... they are pretty quick about getting someone up and running; even doing video calls to help understand. Probably the most helpful and customer supporting companies I've seen.

Also if a pf is beyond your repair, it can be shipped back to MM and it is only in a small box vs full pallet/frieght.

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

the community is ultra knowledgeable and helpful too. Plus their support site has tons of documentation and YT videos for things.
While it is pinball and things go wrong... they are pretty quick about getting someone up and running; even doing video calls to help understand. Probably the most helpful and customer supporting companies I've seen.
Also if a pf is beyond your repair, it can be shipped back to MM and it is only in a small box vs full pallet/frieght.

I guess a couple of servos went bad in their Heist crane. I don't see any servo parts in the Multimorphic store. Does anyone know where to find these servos and what they run price wise?

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I guess a couple of servos went bad in their Heist crane. I don't see any servo parts in the Multimorphic store. Does anyone know where to find these servos and what they run price wise?

I had a servo go bad under warranty and Multimorphic sent me one (and a few extras) free of charge.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You’d just need to contact MM directly and they’ll work with you.

#994 2 years ago

Following along here now.

#995 2 years ago

Anyone have any guesses and/or insight as to what the licensed theme will be?

#996 2 years ago

Got my p3 playable last week and starting to explore it.
I swear Heist is the most linear game i've owned, at least since Pinball Magic.

Everything is the same every time.

The worst bit of the code hit me last night while playing.

Had cat Burglar mode running, so it's two shots to start the mode and then 4 shots to start the multi and complete the mode right?

That's a very hard ask for a below average player, i can do it one game in twenty maybe.

So i do it, 3rd ball and i make the 4 shots in the allotted time, over the moon. The ball goes down the outlane on the return from the last shot as i'm hearing the callouts saying well done etc. No worries, it's multi.

Fuckin NO!

ball gone.

What a kick in the box.

Every other machine if you start the mode/multi etc (think wellwalker on TWD) the ball comes back with a ballsaver.

Turned the machine off in disgust, not fun.

#997 2 years ago

Can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

I only hear good things about heist... But it's clear that everyone can't be happy

#998 2 years ago

Good to hear you got your game up and running!

Quoted from punkin:

I swear Heist is the most linear game I've owned, at least since Pinball Magic.

Doesn't linear mean you have to complete the modes in the same order every time? I could be wrong about that. But I'm pretty sure with Heist you can start any mode at any time and also do different Heists depending on how many characters you have qualified.

Perhaps you can turn on a ball-save in the settings for the situation you described? Or request that they add one.

#999 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.
I only hear good things about heist... But it's clear that everyone can't be happy

I can't imagine anyone being pleased when that happened to them.

#1000 2 years ago

Can you adjust the difficulty of the modes? I don’t own the game but I’m interested in purchasing one. I watched the Buffalo Pinball stream of Heist and it didn’t seem like there was enough time in the modes. I’m not a very good player so I was just curious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 20.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,999 (OBO)
There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.