FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 73.
#1901 1 year ago

For any necessary adjustments of the wall/scoop drain bracket's feed into the trough stager, check out DOCS-TECH-016A on our main wiki page here: https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/User_Manuals_and_Technical_Documentation. Note, I think newer machines don't need you to touch the bearing bolt.

On the CL display, the Multimorphic logo comes up automatically when the playfield powers up. The game apps then communicate with the playfield display driver over ethernet. So it sounds like your ethernet connection isn't working. There are two cables and a coupler involved. One cable goes from the backbox motherboard to the playfield module coupler and then through a shorter ethernet cable on the playfield module to the small computer board there (a Raspberry Pi). Note - Launcher might not show the game tiles on new CL and LL-EE playfields (the playfields are running newer code, and we need to update the Launcher logic), but it works in the CL and LL-EE game apps (and mini-games like Shoot 'n Scoot). Since your logo is showing, that means the R-Pi is running properly. So it's likely just an ethernet connection. If you have a spare ethernet cable handy, you can connect it between the R-Pi and the backbox motherboard to bypass the 2 cables and coupler. If that works, you can then try to isolate which of the 3 pieces isn't working.

I'll discuss your tickets with the mechanical team in the morning.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1902 1 year ago

Delivery Question: Will they drop it in the garage?

My Weird Al and P3 has made it to the local ASBF terminal. I have not gotten the call for final delivery, but it could be as early as tomorrow. For those of you who have gotten these, did they drop it off at the curb or would they drop it off in the garage. I only ask because if my wife is there she can't bring it inside. I know they won't take it up stairs into a house, but just a street level garage.

Thanks and can't wait!

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

My Weird Al and P3 has made it to the local ASBF terminal. I have not gotten the call for final delivery, but it could be as early as tomorrow. For those of you who have gotten these, did they drop it off at the curb or would they drop it off in the garage. I only ask because if my wife is there she can't bring it inside. I know they won't take it up stairs into a house, but just a street level garage.
Thanks and can't wait!

all depends. At my place they need a box truck w/ lift gate, and when that has come to my house they wheel it into my garage. if a semi has to come it would be at the end of your driveway. otherwise you'd pick it up at the terminal. those are the usual cases....

#1904 1 year ago

Thanks and can't wait!

Mine was placed in the garage. However, that might be dependent on the driver and the location of the garage.

#1905 1 year ago

Thanks and can't wait!

Residential they will put it in your garage as long as the the pallet jack can roll in there. I have bought probably 15 nib and every carrier walked it up the driveway with a pallet jack and placed it in my garage

#1906 1 year ago

Thanks and can't wait!

ABF just delivered (should be from the Elkridge depot) my CCR LE in November and the driver offered to put it in the garage.

#1907 1 year ago

Thanks and can't wait!

Tip them (do upfront or make it obvious). I’ve always gotten some help when doing this for NIB deliveries.

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

all depends. At my place they need a box truck w/ lift gate, and when that has come to my house they wheel it into my garage. if a semi has to come it would be at the end of your driveway. otherwise you'd pick it up at the terminal. those are the usual cases....

Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Mine was placed in the garage. However, that might be dependent on the driver and the location of the garage.

Quoted from Happy81724:

Residential they will put it in your garage as long as the the pallet jack can roll in there. I have bought probably 15 nib and every carrier walked it up the driveway with a pallet jack and placed it in my garage

Quoted from chillme:

ABF just delivered (should be from the Elkridge depot) my CCR LE in November and the driver offered to put it in the garage.

Quoted from moat-pin:

Tip them (do upfront or make it obvious). I’ve always gotten some help when doing this for NIB deliveries.

It's coming! I'm bailing on work early to be home for the delivery window later today. Tipping them up front is a great idea and I'll do this. Depending on how scrappy the delivery driver is I'll tip him $20 to bring it into the garage or $100 if he wants to wrestle it down the hill into my walkout basement with me. I was planning on taking it apart to reduce weight and bring it down the hill.

#1909 1 year ago

They did for me. He came in a massive 18 wheeler and had to park in the street. Guy couldn't have weighed more than 125lbs wet. We then pushed it down my long driveway into the garage in a snowstorm. I got my workout for the day doing that LOL

I was hoping two strong movers were going to deliver it so I could flash big cash for them to get it up steps to the gameroom..... nope. I get Mr Puniverse who can barely roll it out of the truck and down the lift

#1910 1 year ago

Update on my new CL play field.

I swapped out the small opto board that represents the Drain VUK and Drain Stack with the same board used at the coin door. Due to silly things I did, I swapped them back so the original board was back to the VUK. But I made sure I pushed the board as far down and as far to the right as I could. (I only tried pushing as high up as I could which I realized was the wrong way to move it.)

By doing the above in the vertical position, when the play field was lowered, the board was as far back as it could go and as far down as it could go. This allowed the board to be in the proper position.

I have been able to play Cannon Lagoon, Baseball, and Rhythm Explosion.

For the display only showing the MM logo and not working, Gerry and TJ were able to reproduce it and they will follow up.

#1911 1 year ago

Thanks for the follow up, and for purchasing FFRE - I hope you are enjoying it!

#1912 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thanks for the follow up, and for purchasing FFRE - I hope you are enjoying it!

I am getting good at using 2 fingers for the flippers on Weird Al.

For FFRE - Trying to remember to use the correct color button (white or yellow rather than lower or upper) and then the red for the flipper will take a while. But I’ll get the hang of it.

The first few games it didn’t dawn on me that the white and yellow buttons on the screen mapped to the flipper buttons. (I haven’t looked or found any directions yet but who needs directions.)

In CL, the default VUK settings were causing the balls to not make it to the playfield and fall back down into the trough. CL would kick out another. Same was happening in baseball.

I changed the VUK settings to min 35 max 40. Balls in CL and baseball were kicking to the playfield most of the time.

I went to play FFRE after I made the above changes. Balls were not getting to the playfield. When they fell back down they either were recording the ball landing in the trough as perfect (if the same hole was the “shoot here “ target) or good.

This was the first few games where I didn’t know to use the white and yellow buttons. So every flip was a miss and a ball.

I thought I’d have to set game specific VUk settings so opened door to get to menu and realized the settings were playfield specific. Not game specific. They were already showing 35 to 40.

I realized the above (using white and yellow buttons) and starting doing better and not having as many balls come out but some were still falling back down and recording as good or perfect. I’m not sure if you could potentially time the vuk to the time reported as good or perfect and if too quickly, assume the vuk failed and try again.

But no matter what, it is fun. The music is good. As I said above, I don’t know yet what your back display will show but I’m keeping this playfield in a few days to learn and play.

Then I should be getting Heist soon. (I just don’t want to lift a heavy play field for a few days.)

#1913 1 year ago

Is there a way to put a setting back to the factory default (other than just knowing what it was)? Or is the factory setting marked in some way that I didn't notice (the way Stern does)? I know hitting start instead of launch will cancel whatever you are changing to use what it was set at previously, but if it was already previously changed, I'm not sure how to get it back to the stock setting.

If not, does anyone know what the Weird Al upper upper (mezzanine) flipper setting is from the factory? I want to make sure I didn't accidentally change it when I was tweaking the other main pf upper flipper.

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If not, does anyone know what the Weird Al upper upper (mezzanine) flipper setting is from the factory? I want to make sure I didn't accidentally change it when I was tweaking the other main pf upper flipper.

The photo below was when I set my upper and lower flippers from 40 to 30.

I never changed the mezzanine so 24
B43D74CE-A217-43DF-B044-46F829D57D2C (resized).jpegB43D74CE-A217-43DF-B044-46F829D57D2C (resized).jpeg

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

The first few games it didn’t dawn on me that the white and yellow buttons on the screen mapped to the flipper buttons. (I haven’t looked or found any directions yet but who needs directions.)

There's an instruction card that shows on screen during attract. It's a single card, so it's brief, but it describes hitting the notes with the appropriate color button if I recall correctly.

The back display shows a title card, I decided forcing the player to divide their attention was too mean, so you're only missing some additional color explosion back there.

Your launcher issue is causing the registration of the balls without actually fully launching. Sounds like the module isn't quite aligned (to me) so your balls are making it past the 'good' point and falling back down.

The game measures the ball entry in a particular way that is very fast. In some circumstances you can have four balls in play at once. Modifying the game to prevent registration of balls based on a time delay would cause balls to be 'missed' and the game to become confused. In my opinion, it's handling this fault very well - it doesn't cause the game to completely stop or create a constant cascade of launch attempts. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Also, once you get really adept, there's a setting to allow the normal song play while balls are in play. That is absolutely mind-bending!

#1916 1 year ago

In my opinion, it's handling this fault very well - it doesn't cause the game to completely stop or create a constant cascade of launch attempts. Hopefully that all makes sense.
Also, once you get really adept, there's a setting to allow the normal song play while balls are in play. That is absolutely mind-bending!

I was thinking the same thing here while spinning on my peloton bike. I was having issues getting this playfield in and out on the left side. The latch does not fully come off the playfield tab (and was going to probably send as another issue to MM).

I can carefully bounce playfield up and down and I think I can get it to reseat better. So as you said, this is probably the issue. But I have to lift it very very carefully so it only comes up a tiny bit. Otherwise I have to take out the playfield and try again.

I’m enjoying your games. I have them all so I’ll see others as I get the other play fields.

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I’m enjoying your games. I have them all so I’ll see others as I get the other play fields.

Thank you! I very much appreciate your support!

Quoted from mbelofsky:

I can carefully bounce playfield up and down and I think I can get it to reseat better.

There are quite a few ways to adjust things in that area if needed, so it'll likely be a small, but critical, adjustment. Multimorphic will be able to point you to the proper item to tweak. A photo of how the module is sitting (improperly) would help if you'd like an armchair suggestion. If the module (or any module) is not clipped into place on both sides, you will run into launcher issues. Those clips are incredibly important to prevent kickback during launch.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

(I wanted Drained and will probably get it. But I bought a Peloton Row first.)

When you're ready, check out https://drainedpinball.com for ordering instructions. I'm currently ahead of planned production and games are shipping every week.

#1918 1 year ago

A photo of how the module is sitting (improperly) would help if you'd like an armchair suggestion. If the module (or any module) is not clipped into place on both sides, you will run into launcher issues. Those clips are incredibly important to prevent kickback during launch.

Thanks
Looks like more space on right than left.

0693273F-67F5-4D7A-A79A-D69486F4ED86 (resized).jpeg0693273F-67F5-4D7A-A79A-D69486F4ED86 (resized).jpeg50AF6A30-C44E-44F2-9D7A-6F56FC580EB5 (resized).jpeg50AF6A30-C44E-44F2-9D7A-6F56FC580EB5 (resized).jpeg64C1D1A5-24C2-42C8-B1C4-C60C37626CA0 (resized).jpeg64C1D1A5-24C2-42C8-B1C4-C60C37626CA0 (resized).jpegB7F46D44-EC8F-45FE-98CE-77DD89DCC632 (resized).jpegB7F46D44-EC8F-45FE-98CE-77DD89DCC632 (resized).jpeg
#1919 1 year ago

Looks to me like your ball return wireforms above the side targets assemblies are a hair too far forward. That might be causing everything to pivot a hair and causing your launch issues.

#1920 1 year ago

Looks to me like your ball return wireforms above the side targets assemblies are a hair too far forward. That might be causing everything to pivot a hair and causing your launch issues.

Thanks. I assume you meant to move the side wire forms over the side targets towards the front of the game. I adjusted both the artwork and wire forms towards the front of the game.

It will be interesting to see the gap when I put weird Al back in.

Thanks! I played a few of each of the games and it didn’t appear to fail sending the balls up the VUKs.

0F75236F-5B89-4279-94CF-38D2C58A2E41 (resized).jpeg0F75236F-5B89-4279-94CF-38D2C58A2E41 (resized).jpegD5ED9691-9EB1-4BFA-94BB-AA9AE309A85E (resized).jpegD5ED9691-9EB1-4BFA-94BB-AA9AE309A85E (resized).jpeg
#1921 1 year ago

Holy shitake mushrooms is this thing heavy, but you really can reduce weight to set things up. I took off the side art (Super Easy), glass (Super Easy), Flipper module (Easy), Monitor (Easy), and Module (Medium) to get the weight down to get the back machine lifted up and the legs installed. I could not lift it without those removed, but it felt "Stern like" with those removed. I had help getting it down the hill and to its final location. Note the rear of the machine is much fatter than most, so I could not place both hands under the machine. Full write up in the Weird Al thread.

20230106_150203 (1) (resized).jpg20230106_150203 (1) (resized).jpg
#1922 1 year ago

Anyone have any modules for sale or spots coming up they want to get rid of before I order? I currently have heist and weird Al on its way.

#1923 1 year ago

Ready to put down a deposit and join this club. I’m tentatively thinking of ordering Heist to start.

Any recommendations for ordering direct from Multimorphic versus from On Tilt in Los Angeles?

Thanks!

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Ready to put down a deposit and join this club. I’m tentatively thinking of ordering Heist to start.
Any recommendations for ordering direct from Multimorphic versus from On Tilt in Los Angeles?
Thanks!

Just lead time. Multimorphic is about a year out. Might be worthwhile to try and hop on another person's deposit to see if you can decrease that wait time (if so inclined). I'm getting mine from wise trailer as he had some already on order. 4 month wait instead of a year. It's worth calling around if you want to save some wait time.

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Thanks!

If On Tilt (or any distro) has an IN STOCK machine it may be worth ordering from them. If not, they will likely just have the same lead time as MM.

#1926 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Thanks!

Congrats and I too have an order in with Justin wise1919 and should be on the line sometime in February (birthday month, fingers crossed). He has one scheduled for this November.

He’s went above and beyond to help me out and super nice guy.

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Congrats and I too have an order in with Justin wise1919 and should be on the line sometime in February (birthday month, fingers crossed). He has one scheduled for this November.
He’s went above and beyond to help me out and super nice guy.

Met him face to face at Expo and really glad I put my money with him. He is very passionate about our hobby and loves the P3. It’s not just another pinball machine to him, nor I just another random customer. He has been awesome throughout. Highly recommended!

#1929 1 year ago

Thank you for your responses, everyone. On Tilt said they already had some on order and it would be 3 or 4 months so I made the deposit. It will be my first NIB pin.

#1930 1 year ago

Woo-Hoo mine is on the truck and heading my way! Weird Al LE bring it!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Thank you for your responses, everyone. On Tilt said they already had some on order and it would be 3 or 4 months so I made the deposit. It will be my first NIB pin.

Nice! I contacted them for modules and they don’t have any in stock . Seems like I’ll just have to order from multimorphic since no one is selling any modules

Congrats on the order. Awesome pin. I’m really considering to sell some of my other pins to get the other modules and the future two coming out this year

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice! I contacted them for modules and they don’t have any in stock . Seems like I’ll just have to order from multimorphic I’m really considering to sell some of my other pins to get the other modules and the future two coming out this year

Same here. I wish I could see into the future and know the roadmap for the P3. I don't even have mine yet, but am already planning to consolidate and invest in this system. I'm sure the games will continue to improve with each release and with the amount of detail and polish that are in Heist and Weird Al, I can't wait to see what's in store.

#1933 1 year ago

Drained is so addictive! Learning the different sequences during the vampires battles has been so much fun. And those callouts..Gimme a steak, gimme a steak!

247A2524-75B0-45CA-B007-5B4317C4F16B (resized).jpeg247A2524-75B0-45CA-B007-5B4317C4F16B (resized).jpeg
#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Drained is so addictive!

Thank you RebelGuitars - so glad that you're enjoying it! It was a lot of fun to make the game, and has been a lot of fun to manufacture and get in people's hands.

I love seeing the full cabinet art package on display, too!

#1935 1 year ago

Drained is so addictive! Learning the different sequences during the vampires battles has been so much fun. And those callouts..Gimme a steak, gimme a steak!
[quoted image]

Damn it you are not making this easy! I need to wait until I finish our taxes before I can buy this module!

#1936 1 year ago

Thank you RebelGuitars - so glad that you're enjoying it! It was a lot of fun to make the game, and has been a lot of fun to manufacture and get in people's hands.
I love seeing the full cabinet art package on display, too!

I just realized that I probably should have spelled steak..stake. Oh well, coffin/coughing

#1937 1 year ago

I just realized that I probably should have spelled steak..stake. Oh well, coffin/coughing

Ha! That is funny, I assumed this was some sort of vampire joke when he’s trying to eat you!

#1938 1 year ago

Haha, indeed! It was scripted as 'stake'. Each sequence of targets has their own dedicated pool of callouts - one for each character in the game. That one was one of many for the STAKES sequence.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I need to wait until I finish our taxes before I can buy this module!

Looking forward to it! I hope you'll enjoy the game when you're able to partake.

#1939 1 year ago

After heist and weird al which is the next best module? Less of a lead time one cannon lagoon but reading it seems cosmic cart is better than both lexy and cannon

#1940 1 year ago

Cosmic Cart Racing can't be beat for sheer variety - CCR has arcade, online, and career modes, and add-ons including Sorcerer's Apprentice and Ranger In the Ruins. Fun, fast, flowy playfield with a huge volume of LEDs.

Lexy is a deep traditional pinball game with a number of really neat tricks that show off the platform well.

CL has several unique games - the quicker, redemption game that comes with the playfield, Grand Slam Rally (a pitch-and-bat game) and Flipper Foxtrot (a rhythm action game).

Of course I'm biased, but Drained is also a really fun
and unique game, and the lead times are pretty short at the moment!

Disclaimer: I made Drained, Flipper Foxtrot, Silver Falls, and Ranger In the Ruins.

#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

After heist and weird al which is the next best module? Less of a lead time one cannon lagoon but reading it seems cosmic cart is better than both lexy and cannon

I would go Drained or Cosmic Cart. With cosmic Cart, you’re going to want to purchase Ranger in the Ruins and Sorcerer’s Apprentice for sure.

#1942 1 year ago

I would go Drained or Cosmic Cart. With cosmic Cart, you’re going to want to purchase Ranger in the Ruins and Sorcerer’s Apprentice for sure.

My only concern with drained is my kids do not like EM style play. They love heist, gotg, Rick and morty (swearing off) but anything old they won’t play. I have a nice whirlwind and they like the fan but only played it a couple times

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I think Cannon Lagoon is really underrated, but part of the deal with that playfield is the games are great quick in between, Arcade-y style games. They are awesome in between other games, for example I’ll get pissed off at Halloween or Godzilla and then switch to CL or Grand Slam Rally and it will just be awesome to slam it out in this relatively quick, reflex based game.

The downside is, you’re not going to want to go through the trouble of swapping out a playfield JUST to play those games all the time.

Sorceror’s is pretty great, but I don’t quite love the CCR playfield as much as the Lexy playfield. It’s fast, the game code is the most “traditional” code. Did I mention it’s fast?

CCR will give you more options (the Lexy mini game that’s available is really just a snapshot of a mode in the main game), so I’d say it’s overall a better value. But I do find myself putting in the Lexy playfield more frequently than CCR; I just find the shots more fun.

Sorceror’s is a fun game though - it’s much more of a stop and go type thing due to the code.

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My only concern with drained is my kids do not like EM style play. They love heist, gotg, Rick and morty (swearing off) but anything old they won’t play. I have a nice whirlwind and they like the fan but only played it a couple times

Don’t you think that is more about the art and the (lack of) music and the bells? Drained is a pretty modern game, despite its heritage and inspiration from EMs

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Don’t you think that is more about the art and the (lack of) music and the bells? Drained is a pretty modern game, despite its heritage and inspiration from EMs

I only watched the video play and the saw it’s designed after EMs which I know my kids don’t like. I’d probably have to watch more of the video if it doesn’t play like an em

#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My only concern with drained is my kids do not like EM style play.

Not every game is for everybody, and that's totally ok!

I would definitely encourage you to check out the gameplay streams of Drained if you have the opportunity, though. I love to incorporate a mix of classic (and fast-paced) pinball action with modern rules, sounds, music, interactive on-screen targets, and light shows. I'm really excited about all of my games, and feel they each bring something very unique to the P3.

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I only watched the video play and the saw it’s designed after EMs which I know my kids don’t like. I’d probably have to watch more of the video if it doesn’t play like an em

I don’t know man.. please watch more gameplay videos, it’s pretty badass. I don’t have one yet but I know how committed Nick is to the hobby and how thorough he is with his code. Keep watching!!!!

#1948 1 year ago

Not every game is for everybody, and that's totally ok!
I would definitely encourage you to check out the gameplay streams of Drained if you have the opportunity, though. I love to incorporate a mix of classic (and fast-paced) pinball action with modern rules, sounds, music, interactive on-screen targets, and light shows. I'm really excited about all of my games, and feel they each bring something very unique to the P3.

What is the current lead time on drained?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t know man.. please watch more gameplay videos, it’s pretty badass. I don’t have one yet but I know how committed Nick is to the hobby and how thorough he is with his code. Keep watching!!!!

Ok, I’ll watch. I wish there were places local to try these

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What is the current lead time on drained?

Mid-March at the moment.

#1950 1 year ago

Mid-March at the moment.

Don’t do me like that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
8,499 (OBO)
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.