IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (6 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

OK so I'm very excited about my new toy coming hopefully in the next few months. I've been doing some research and thinking about trying to sneak some purchases ahead of time under the radar
1. I am very surprised that Multimorphic isn't selling an under game storage solution yet! I searched around a bit and it seems like people are storing the playfield modules in the original cardboard boxes? I can't believe a 3rd-party modder hasn't cashed in on this yet (or have they?). I guess my question is what are you all doing/what are some creative solutions to storing these? I would prefer under the game.
2. I am getting WAMONH. What should be the first and maybe second module I should get? Heist looks pretty awesome. I find it interesting that you not only need to consider the main module game but also any downloadable games that work on that specific module.
3. Are the alternate software games I can play on my module worth it? I wish Multimorphic sorted the game list by module on their site to make it easier but it looks like I should be able to also play Shoot n Scoot, Barnyard, & ROCs. Since they are software (and expensive) it would be great if they offered demos that only ran for a few games.
4. Any must-have mods for P3 in general that are recommended? Or things I should know?

1. They are working on something apparently. There are plans somewhere on Pinside for a DIY cart.
2 and 3. I suggest you go on Twitch and search Multimorphic and watch streams. That’s how I was able to determine which modules and games I am getting. I’ve decided to get all modules(to save on international shipping), and 5 of the software only games.
4. Speaker lighting and cab lighting are options that can be installed on the production line. I plan on both.

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Your heist stream piqued my interest, then playing at TPF made me a buyer. I appreciate the time and effort you’ve put into showcasing the platform.

Yeah thanks to Kev I'm also hooked on the other P3 games. Never played or seen a P3 so making my purchase choices based 90% on Kevin's streams.

#1155 2 years ago

So KevInBuffalo when do you get WAMONH?

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Happy to see some of these pins go out the door to customer. I was surprised to see these going out so early as I thought the earliest shipping times people got in their estimate emails (that I'm aware of) were in October... are these going out way ahead of schedule or are there just a few going out now, followed by a few month wait followed by serious production. Just asking as I'd need to move another pin to free up space and raise funds.
Thanks!

Don't forget to take into account that MultiMorphic had 4-6 months of backlog for the P3. So those in the queue before Weird Al was announced can request a WA module when their machine goes on the line. Common sense dicates that they should be able to get their WAMONH before those that placed an order only after it was announced(talking about full P3 machines here).

1 week later
#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

I was thinking it might be possible to swap out the stock switch with a stern (or other) switch stack on the inside of the cabinet. Then, just rewire (or maybe parallel) the existing button connection...so you could still use separate buttons if desired.

The flipper button/switches switches of the P3 are OUTSIDE the cabinet. That thin button box. No space to stack in there.

2 weeks later
#1202 2 years ago

There are no unboxings yet. Only one that we heard about in that thread is the game that went to the distributor that provided the raffle games.

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Who owns the one that I posted the photo of?

Fliptronic on Twitch. They are involved somehow with Multimorphic. She was the girl playing the game in the original release video. They took home one of the demo games from TPF. IIRC they have a loaner cab but the module is theirs.

There have been no reports yet of regular customers getting their Weird Al game or module.

#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

More accurately, they had the oldest outstanding order and allowed us to use their machine at TPF. It's a full production machine (we had loaned them an old machine so they could stream it before). Technically theirs is the first [new] full production machine we built, but it's the 2nd one to get to its owner. The other owner *did* share unboxing pics, I think in the WAMONH thread?
Shipments will continue to ramp up over time... as more parts get here and as we continue building our staff and efficiencies.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome freakin pics there Gerry! Love the engineering behind the platform. Reminds me of work (Aviation)

Made my day

Oh and thanks for the correction

Now get back to work making more!! lol.

1 week later
#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

You can use it to redirect the ball over ROCs or dunk it into the open scoops at the end of a round if it's up by that flipper.

like you just did minutes ago in your stream!

1 month later
#1246 1 year ago

Only 6 months to go before it’s my turn! Siiiigh.

3 weeks later
#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't have to bother friends to move games. Cup of coffee and my Escalera makes me fearless.
On the other hand, my friends bother me to borrow the damn thing.

I resemble that remark

2 weeks later
#1361 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Interested in getting in line for a P3. Is there a reason to go through distribution as opposed to buying direct? If so, who would you recommend? I also remember in the past there were promotions for getting multiple playfields. Does that still exist?
Played Weird Al last night and I’m more than impressed. It’s incredibly exciting what’s possible with this platform and think I’m ready to get in line.
Base game plus Weird Al + Heist + CCR? I’d like to get at least three games with the base unit at purchase. Are those the best to start with?

It’s 5% off the additional playfields(of equal or lesser value). This means any playfield since Weird Al is the most expensive one. Personally I plan on getting all of them with my Weird Al. For me it’s all about combining the shipping since I’m in Canada. It’s pallet size that matters.

#1385 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Whelp. Putting down deposit for Heist now so I will get it when my Weird Al/P3 arrives... December? January? Who knows.

Yeah I put a deposit on all modules in addition to my Weird Al. Was scheduled for Dec but now I guess Feb with the 2 month backlog. The waiting is killing me! Lol

3 weeks later
#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Congrats, same boat here and ordered all the modules. Regarding the wife and birthday part, I am 45 and am already on my 55th birthday in terms of “Honey this will be for my next birthday “ LOL.
We’ve been married or rather she’s put up with me for 25 years in October, so I am a very lucky man.

Glad to see I’m not the only one going “all in” with all 5 modules!!

I hope to have mine for my b’day in March. Was scheduled for Dec but the delays are probably here for some time.

1 week later
#1579 1 year ago

Something I think would be incredible and is underused today is a "chose your own adventure" type of situation. You could have so many divergent pathways and a truly original experience for each player. Imagine the depth an replayability.

Just check out Sorcerer's Apprentice (for the CCR modeule). It's exactly what you describe.

1 month later
#1703 1 year ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

Thanks. I’ll go to the Multimorphic site and submit the problem.
I went into diagnostics and the scoop will work, but the wall won’t raise or lower.

I’d suspect a disconnected wire either the servo itself or at the controller board.

3 weeks later
#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks to you and everyone else for your help. I’ll need to understand the game better so no better time to dig in than now.
I didn’t check continuity between the board to the flipper connector but that will be fun and difficult based on how tight everything is.
I guess just hoping the pin was detached and that was the issue was too hopeful.

Have you checked the more obvious first? Does the coil have continuity? Sometimes the winding wire breaks at the coil lug.

2 weeks later
#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

So you can trade the module (permanent or temp)- but how would you share the software?

The original game software is linked to the module (Heist, Weird Al, etc). You can install it in all the machines but it will only run if the module is installed. Add-on software is linked to the P3 itself such as games like ROCS, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Ranger in the ruins, etc. I don't believe there is a way to sell/share those software only games.

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Debating on which module I buy after I sell party zone or tmnt pro. I haven’t had a chance to play them. We have kids that are 8 and 10. Anyone have any recommendations?
I am thinking weird al or cosmic cart with sorcerers apprentice

i think most would suggest Heist

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

This is new one- any ideas what happened/how to fix?
[quoted image]

Reseat the display cables? Powered off of course…

3 weeks later
#1962 1 year ago

Question for owners. Do you need to allow space on both sides of the P3 to switch out modules or can you get everything from the front of the machine? Mine is going in an office and I have 5 games tucked in there pretty tightly.

You need access to at least 1 side. PF modules cannot be removed from the front.

1 week later
#1995 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m still looking for lexy or CCR modules if anyone is selling . I have a nice whirlwind I could trade or a super nice Stargate if my buddy passes on it. I can also do cash.
Let me know

With the increased interest in the P3 platform (thanks to Weird Al) I think you’d get the modules quicker if you just ordered them from MM. full machines are a year wait but I don’t think it’s the same with just the modules. However I certainly could be wrong…

#2035 1 year ago

Also a lot of 1-of 80's movies with huge followings out there. Not sure they'd turn into a great pinball game but with the digital pf on a P3 it certainly opens up options. Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Little shop of Horrors, Space Balls, etc.

Save planet Druidia! Make the shot to switch Mega-Maid from suck to blow!!

1 week later
#2073 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

errr i thought it was within a few weeks? ship time is out of their hands but it should be close to ship if you pay

I believe it’s 3-4 weeks if done directly through MM.

Unless the game was bought through a distributor. In that case you’d have to ask your distro.

#2075 1 year ago

Hey fellow Canadians with a P3? Any of you buy it from MM directly? How did you handle shipping (who)?

Shipping to the border for a U.S. pickup isn't really a possibility for me. I can pick up from a local terminal (Ottawa) or home delivery($$$) but really have no idea who to contact for shipping. MM will arrange for the broker but shipping company is up to me. Not sure where to start! I'd rather NOT use Fedex ground as I'm sure it would be insanely more expensive than a regular shipping company but maybe I am wrong since brokerage is handled independently?

#2077 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

I was hoping MM would give suggestions. Are you the first to ship to Canada? Can these guys help? https://shipmypinball.com/

Actually Gerry got back to me. I misunderstood. The broker will handle it all, unless I prefer alternate arrangements (my choice of broker/shipper) and then I'd be on my own. I also asked about modules since they are/should be simpler to ship. I ordered all modules but they are delayed so I was curious of the arrangement. The preferred outcome would have been a double pallet with the game and all modules together to save on overall shipping but I get it that it's not feasible right now. No biggie.

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

This looks like the way to go for modules. Can they bring the P3 to my door?

Shipsy is for pickup in the Toronto area only. The other shipping solution that was linked only ship to the US side near the border. You have to pick up.

Gerry mentioned that the broker will bring the game to my door. You and I can discuss offline or on Discord to keep this thread clear.

#2082 1 year ago

Invoiced and paid! Woot! Now the exciting wait for the shipping notification

#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

What was your invoice number?

#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

My new P3 with the Weird Al package installed is arriving today! For other NIB games I usually just leave them in the box and slide them down my stairs by myself with no problem. I'm a little apprehensive about doing it that way with the P3. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

The box for the P3 is not like other NIBs. It's a shell with top and bottom "lids". All held together by being strapped to the pallet. If you cut the straps the box is no longer a box. Either you can slide it down on the pallet or you will need to take it off the pallet and just bring the game down by itself. In either case I don't think you should do it alone. It's just that heavy. I bring my games downstairs alone also on my Escalera but I won't for this game (getting mine in a few weeks). It's of similar weight to my WOZ and that ended up being scary - and we were 2!

Others have mentioned removing the PF and module helps with making the weight more manageable.

Search youtube for "unboxing a P3" and you will see how it ships.

1 week later
#2092 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks! Hopefully it’s less time than that

Not likely. They have way more P3s out in the open now - more ppl ready to buy modules, and every pinhead knows who Scott Danesi is... I expect the same enthusiasm as with Weird Al.

#2108 1 year ago

Ok so for those Canadians wondering how the shipping process works, I have some info. It's expensive - through no fault of Multimorphic.

They put me in contact with an exporter. Unfortunately that importer cannot release to an individual(yet), only to a business. They are expecting their CRA Auth soon so they WILL be able to deliver to an individual soon. Their cost breakdown for shipping to Ottawa, insurance(full value) and brokerage fees was as follows:
- Shipping: $725.00
- Liftgate: $ 55.00
- Residential: $ 75.00
- Insurance: $250.00 (based on $13300USD value)
- Handling: $ 95.00
- Customs: $135.00
- Duty/tax: at cost
TOTAL: $1335USD (plus GST on machine value at my end)

I ended up having to use another exporter that teams up with a Canadian broker. Their cost is $1625USD (plus GST at my end). I don't have the cost breakdown yet. They are picking up the game tomorrow at MM. They expect it will take a week to get it to me.

All of these exporters/brokers only deal with commercial/industrial stuff so payment has to be wire or bank transfer (US bank to US bank). Kinda sucks. The Canadian broker does accept EMT (for GST payment) so that's good.

I did consider having it shipped to near the border and driving across to pick it up but I am not comfortable hauling my big ass trailer that far in winter driving conditions. Also you can't just bring it across the border. At that range of value you need a broker. I know lots of folks have connections for that but I do not. Maybe I will do that for modules (pick up south of the border) but the full machine I just didn't feel comfortable with the process.

Posting only so that others may find alternate solutions or at least be aware of what's ahead if you go the same route as I did.

#2116 1 year ago

Hoping mine gets picked up by the shipper tomorrow

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I was told 8-10 weeks after my machine shipped for my other three modules. I am now in week 9 since my ship date. I haven't gotten any notification yet, but I sure hope it is soon. I am trying not to get frustrated by this delay after having to pay in full for them before the machine shipped. Also, when I first ordered Weird Al on day 1, they asked if we wanted other modules with it. At the time I requested Heist (adding the others later when the final invoice came due). So depending on how you look at that, I've been waiting for Heist for three days short of a year now, LOL. Oh well...it will be worth it in the end. I just really hope that is soon!

I'm in the same boat. I do find it odd that they charged full price for the modules when they are clearly not going to get built for a few months - they still have my module deposits anyway. Was expecting to pay the modules when they would be "on the line" - same as the base game. Not too big of a deal as long as they keep to their timeline. I'm ok with it since I was informed before the purchase.... But still odd.

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Why is this odd?
Does stern not take full price for the machine when you buy?
I seem to recall that I paid IN FULL for my star trek LE at "pre order".
I don't see ANY PROBLEM with Multimorphic demanding full price for the modules at time of order. This is industry standard.

Pretty much nobody deals with Stern directly. Your distributor does. My distributor charges me a deposit when I order and then the balance when I pick up. From what I've heard most distros operate like that as well other than the shady and/or unofficial ones.

The base machine from MM was the same. Put a deposit on it, and once on the line I pay the balance. Why would they not apply the same philosophy for the modules? I have approx 10k of modules paid upfront. It's not an insignificant amount.

As I stated I don't have a problem with it. I just said it's ODD that they don't do it the same way as the base machine. I like some of your posts Zitt but sometimes you just over analyze shit and get too defensive.

And no.. It's NOT industry standard to pay in full months ahead. It does happen but certainly not the standard. Nice try though

As they have a 2-3 month backlog on modules it's not like they'd get stuck with any module if anyone changed their mind. I doubt many would pull out as they'd lose their deposits.

My comment on finding it odd was not meant as a negative post in any way, shape, or form. I was informed ahead of time by MM - great comms BTW. Even if it's not meant as a complaint, I am allowed to have an opinion however.

I also hate waiting LOL. Bring on modules!! WOOOOO

The backlog will only get worse with Scott Danesi's game being announced soon

#2176 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

13k for a machine vs 3000 for a module.
That's the reason. So you think you should pay a 250 deposit for a module... Then the balance at manufacturing start? I guess I see that... But it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
I'd agree with the other post that a deposit doesn't cover the "pain" for multimorphic needing to find a new buyer.
maybe a pro machine doesn't require a payment in full; but my experience is an LE does require a payment in full.

Well I’m cool with putting this discussion to rest. Nothing to see here. BTW I’ve bought 4 LE’s on deposit with my distro.

Bring on the modules and Scott’s new design!

#2179 1 year ago

Finally joined the club officially.

AE1169C7-7278-470F-BDCD-C767D9AEE99D (resized).jpegAE1169C7-7278-470F-BDCD-C767D9AEE99D (resized).jpeg
#2188 1 year ago

I had an issue with ALL,flippers no longer working. A full shut down and restart of the machine cured my issue.

#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

Nope is there an invite link somewhere?

Just search multimorphic on discord that’s how I found it.

#2193 1 year ago

I think you are over estimating the demand. This isn’t a R2d2 topper lol. The Weird Al LE kit costs 1800$. You’d probably be lucky to just get full value. The topper will not work in another machine without the topper breakout board. You didn’t include it.

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No problem with having a frank discussion.
The topper and full artwork package for the LE is no longer offered. Only the 240 or 250 (?) artwork sets and toppers were made and that's it. That's not uber rare but it is pretty limited in my opinion.
Only the standard Weird Al artwork is available now, and at $475 if you look it up.
The topper will work in any of other newer machines, plug and play. I'm not offering the board because that would disable my machine. And I don't know what the break out board you referred to is, as I've never heard of it.
Here's a quote from Multimorphic when I asked about this just a couple of weeks ago:
""The topper will indeed fit on an older P3, but the backbox received some upgrades on newer P3s to have that functionality built in. There will be a kit released for older machines to make that work. If someone with an (older) existing P3 buys it from you, they will have to purchase that upgrade when it becomes available"".
I don't know what that kit price will be, but other than the two main P-ROC boards, the rest of the boards are cheap or very reasonable in price. Here's a link to their boards with prices: https://www.multimorphic.com/category/circuit-boards/
Anyway, as I said, I didn't know how to price this package so people are welcome to make an offer if they have interest and I'd be glad to discuss it.
Thanks

The number of LE kits is 227.

The breakout board I spoke of is that upgrade “kit”. I believe it’s out now as I’ve heard a few guys got them.

My comment was more about the fact that there just aren’t that many P3’s and/or Weird Al’s out there. Your possible customer base is limited when compared to something like Star Wars toppers.

You certainly can ask any amount you want just as folks can offer anything they want. At some point I wish you to find some willing to pay what you are willing to sell for!

All good!

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

My very not worthwhile opinion. I bought an LE with a topper because I got caught in the FOMO. If I had a Time Machine I would order the standard kit if I did it again. Once my other modules come in, I either have to take off and store the topper or leave a topper on that makes no sense when I play the other games. The topper is cool and all, but I feel others hold the same feeling as I do.

I kind of agree. However I have toppers on all my games. Need something up there. But yeah it’ll be odd with other modules.

#2209 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have had a couple of folks message me on selling. Trying to line up the one to get. I bet you there are way more modules sold by P3 than pin 2000 kits. 2 games released this year from them and they can’t keep up with demand.
If there is a module we don’t like why wouldn’t I sell it? You’re buying them with out playing them. If I could get my money back on some of the apps I bought I would too. I don’t play a couple of them at all

The issue with the older modules is that someone may make a game for them that is better than the original. Then you’d regret having sold it.

#2222 1 year ago

Having issues with wall and scoop 5. It's sticking up too high and not operating correctly in ROCS (wall won't go down). Scoop is also sticking up further than the others when up.
When walking by the game today I could hear something turning off and on, like a servo motor and video'd the below. Anyone have insight on these issues and if there are connected? I send an email to multimorphic last Friday and today but haven't heard back yet. Figure maybe someone has been through this before while I wait.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/07acFEIXvQ5F2b_ikHM1OV_-w

The ball tube may have slipped down? Make sure it is all the way against the stop under the apron. It's one of the things you have to check when you unpack the game (instruction taped on the glass).

#2225 1 year ago

I checked that when I first got my game. Tube is fine. Something is rising up and down constantly in the video. I turned the game off until I can figure out whats' going on.

Your scoop/wall is rubbing on the tube. Check positioning again.

#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Thanks. Yes, they are definitely firing. And then the diagnostics I can fire them and I can see the balls virtually represented on top of the different vuks. I don’t think they are centered correctly or something because it’s hitting the edge or the wall on the way up.

Alignment is different than power settings. The launch tubes can be adjusted fore-aft on the module. Had to do it on WAMONH.

1 week later
#2288 1 year ago

I'd love to see more games made from existing modules. Full fledged efforts out of Heist and Weird Al could be incredible. John Wick could work on the Heist Module or damn near any super hero theme …Spawn maybe even?

The pin world isn't ready for that yet. Would you be willing to pay $2-2.5k for a software only game? The cost of licensing would make it real steep. Pinheads would then complain "why pay $2k for software when for a little more I can get a hardware module". You have to pay your development team for this and while they are working on re-theming they are not doing original or licensed titles that can make you more money. This is a business.

IMHO the sweet spot for software only games is <$1k which would likely preclude any licensed titles.

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Agree that $1K is probably the upper limit for a software only add-on. $500 for SA seems reasonable & fair. No idea what licenses cost but would expect a wide range. A John Wick license might be prohibitive, Charles Bronson Death Wish affordable and Keystone Kops free (public domain, as are any films before 1928).
Charade (Cary Grant & Audrey Hepburn, 1963) is Whodunnit/mystery also allegedly in the public domain due to a defective copyright notice. So there are some unoriginal themes that could fit under $1K.

SA is a super fun game but very shallow. This is what $500 buys you. A full fledged re-theme with as deep a ruleset as the original game would likely cost near that $1k "limit", just from the development time/cost perspective. It's not easy to try to shoehorn a new idea into hardware that was specifically designed for something else. CCR module is very basic and generic. These latest modules are pretty complex/detailed, and very purposely designed for the game they were intended for. I still don't see a licensed theme being a re-theme possibility. Then again, I'm not a game designer. There are some very talented individuals out there! Seems like they already all work for MM though, president included. lol.

And going for themes that have copyright loopholes like the ones mentioned above is probably not worth the possible aggravation. Someone somewhere could still go for litigation. This is the U.S.A. we are talking about lol. Just like Weird Al's "I'll sue you!" song in fact!

#2336 1 year ago

I like consecutively hitting the orbits off the upper flippers..There is just enough room to send them around from the uppers. Really rewarding shot.

For me the most rewarding is still the spiral ramp to upper pf loop to UHF camera. So smooth. So satisfying.

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

I have a hard time getting it over to the UHF lock. Is it just a matter of holding the mezanine flipper down to get it over or are you still having to time a quick flipper hit to get it over there?

At first it was just holding the flipper. Then I started to notice the flipper bat was loose. I had a good look over the weekend. The bat was loose on the shaft. It was sucking the ball energy and was forcing me to flip again to help it over to the camera lock.

This is not an official MM fix but my own experimentation: Took the bat/shaft out of the game, centered the roll pin in the hole and dropped a bit of epoxy in there. It was already a "permanent" installation since it's a roll pin as opposed to a set screw. The only way to get the bat off the shaft to replace it would be to break it.

Anyway the fix worked for me. Now that there is no more slop I am once again hitting the camera by just holding the flipper up after the upper mezzanine loop.

#2352 1 year ago

That's horrible... It's hard enough having to wait for a new machine or new module, let alone to open them and find something broken. That has happened to me with every purchase this year so far. I feel your pain. Mine is coming UPS tomorrow as well. Fingers crossed...

post pics.. mine is Tuesday

#2367 1 year ago

When looking at ball tracking in diagnostics there is a line flickering on and off constantly. Could that be the issue? Sent everything to TJ as well.

Look down each side of the screen. Open the pf door as if you were pulling out the flipper assembly. Look far right and far left. You will see the rows of IR LEDs. They have to be unobstructed. Look to make sure no wires are sagging down from the upper flippers and target assemblies especially.

#2380 1 year ago

I do realize that my experience is likely not typical and I'm glad that Multimorphic support is here to help me out. These is alot more in just the module than your average Stern.

Actually I've had somewhat of a similar experience so far. Thank god I'm a techno geek and have been into pinball repairs for years otherwise I'd have a 400lbs paper weight right now. I will say this though - MM support does care and they are awesome.

#2382 1 year ago

One of the most frustrating parts of this business is building and testing machines and games to work flawlessly, and then hearing from rightfully disappointed customers that things arrived damaged or not-working. It's one of the reasons I still personally do a final test on all new machines (every major feature), and those of us who have been there since the beginning do a final test on every playfield that ships. We pack a lot of features into machines and games, and that creates more opportunities for things to go wrong. So it's important to me that I know everything worked properly after assembly. Now clearly we need to figure out why working playfields are shipping out and arriving in non-working condition.
Reports of shipping damage and out of box issues have definitely ticked up as we've been growing. It's not every game kit or even most game kits, but even some playfields arriving and needing significant care is unacceptable. Figuring out why this is happening will be the most important thing I do after returning from TPF on Monday.
If anybody receives a new Heist (or any game kit) from us and it looks to need a lot of attention, we'll be happy to get it shipped back to the factory so we can resolve the issues and send you what you should have received in the first place. These growing pains should be our problem, not yours. We're glad that many of you appreciate our tech support, but you shouldn't need tech support for new products. That's on me/us.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

It's the "cost" of being at the bleeding edge of technology. You guys are pushing the outside edge of the envelope. I am cool with growing pains. My biggest concern is someone buying this like they buy a refrigerator and expecting to plug it in and it works. You are growing fast enough and becoming popular enough now that you WILL get those buyers.

#2386 1 year ago

I had some issues as well and spent more time on my first week of WAMONH ownership repairing rather than playing. The biggest challenge when compared to a traditional game is the way P3 games launches the ball.

I got my son to help bring the game in. So here we are myself, my wife, and my son.. On first power up the game all lit up and everything was nice. Start a game all good. Launch.... nothing other than the incessant loud clunk of failed launches. My $20kCAD NIB game couldn't even launch ONE ball into play and needed adjustment.

I had read up on possible issues so I was ready for it and made the necessary adjustments to at least get it going. However I can imagine the disappointment and confusion of someone who has not read up on this platform and just expects a working game out of the box. My wife was not happy about the needed repairs as she is a total Weird Al fan lol. I also got 2 failed servos within the first few hours of play. I didn't wait for replacements and bought the exact ones locally but it was still frustrating. One of them required the removal of the upper playfield on the module. Not a simple repair for my first P3 fix.

Other minor issues so far:
- The crank of the topper broke so it no longer moves. I made my own but it broke too. Will try again this weekend. This is not an isolated case. IMHO, 3D printed parts are great for prototyping but a bit too brittle for commercial use.
- Upper mezzanine flipper bat was loose on it's shaft. It can't be removed from the shaft so I dropped epoxy glue in the hole/roll pin. Seems to be holding well.
- Left VUK(ball launcher) is constantly needing adjustment. It'll work fine for a day or two then it'll start failing to launch balls again. WTF. Repeated launch attempts is what causes MB issues with ball ending with balls still in play (game ejects too many or not enough balls and loses count).
- I still get bugs in WAMONH, including hard crashes (this only twice) that require power cycling. I know they are working hard on fixing the issues no I'm not super worried but it sure can dampen the excitement of a new game.

I don't think they should be using cheap chinese servos for commercial use. I wouldn't use those things in my $2-3k R/C airplanes, I certainly wouldn't use them in a $12kUSD commercial pinball machine. However I get it that good reliable servos are expensive. My situation could be an exception as well.

I love the platform and the game so far however I do find it finicky and a bit flaky. MM support is top notch and they do care. I'm hoping the older games are more stable and reliable. Will know when the modules arrive. Drained arrives today but that's built & sold by a third party. Heist arrives on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

#2403 1 year ago

Yesterday I had a local location owner picking up another game. We went over Weird Al for an hour or so while he was here and I think he's seriously considering putting one on location. It's neat and fun, and although it took a while to get it dialed in (in my personal experience) I think it would be great on location. It's actually the third person this month that has asked to see it that was considering one. Really looking forward to (hopefully) getting Heist dialed in and working post TPF. It sounds like their seminar went really well and the feedback I'm hearing on Final Resistance is about 80% "it's great" and 20% "it sucks". I'll take my odds on that one as Bowen on Rules, Scott on layout, and TJ on Mechs sounds pretty good to me.[quoted image]

I only had WAMONH last week when a fellow pinhead and his wife came over to play it. He was blown away by the machine in general. Not a big fan of the Weird Al theme but totally sold on the platform. I wouldn't be surprised to see him order one after he comes over to play Heist and FR.

Had my son and his GF come over 2 days ago to see/play it as well (in their early 20's). They got the chance to play Drained and Weird Al (as well as ROCs and Barnyard). They started on Drained - I had just received it a few hours before they came over. Both couldn't stop shooting the gobble hole on Drained so not so much fun for them. It was their first go on a P3. However, Weird Al is now their favorite game ever. He enjoys pinball a lot and she enjoys it too but maybe not as much. Well the P3 platform has sold her on pinball. The interactiveness (yes I made up a word) of the lower pf blew her away she couldn't stop playing. Just 1 more game. It was interesting to watch lol. She's a big time console gamer and kept saying it made pinball feel more familiar/fun to her. The whole "getting visual feedback in your face" is a thing

Both of them didn't want to combine the flippers on 1 button and they got the hang of using lower/upper flippers very quickly.

Pretty sure they will love the other P3 games once I receive them

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Sorry to hear they didn't like the game! There is a per-user or per-machine setting to change the gobble behavior for those that want a different (less punishing) behavior.

It's not that they didn't like it. They didn't really understand it. I had JUST gotten it myself so not understanding it fully myself it was hard to explain. In the end I don't give a rat's ass who likes what. I'm paying for it. As long as I like it then I'm good to go! Pretty sure my older son who is more of a pinhead will enjoy it He only comes to visit 2-3 times a year though. Next visit is in a month.

I'm hoping to have some free time this week to enjoy it but right now WAMONH is back in the machine. Heist is arriving tomorrow so that's likely going to be the focus - getting it dialed in. Your module was literally "drop in and it works". Kudos to you sir.

I tightened some switches (stand ups and pop-bumper) but that's my choice.

1 week later
#2515 1 year ago

Just got some of my replacement parts in! The 3d printed parts that I need for the spiral ramp appear to be better quality this time. I'm not super familiar with 3d printing, but the "resolution" seems to be higher on these pieces. I am going to switch out the cracked and broken ones for these, but keep the old ones as spares. I figure a few zip ties around the outside of the broken/repaired ones might really help out. Finally got my wood backbrace replacement piece too! I'm probably going to wait until after the Allentown Pinball show to even think about attempting that one, but I've got the piece now. Thanks multimorphic!
Now I'm just waiting on a couple of optos to fix my right orbit and my refurbish on my Heist to be done and I'll be up 100% again. Still looking forward to Cosmic Cart Racing and Final Resistance when they show up too.

I’m pretty stoked about CCR as well. Can’t wait to play SA on it. From the streams it’ll likely be my go-to game. Simple to understand. Super hard to complete. Oh and the online racing will be a hoot too with that module.

FR sounds so good. I keep listening to the “just music” portion of the reveal stream. Hell even my wife who will probably hate the game (too fast/hard) is excited because of the sound track.

#2571 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

How fast can a module be swapped out?

Just swapping a module can be done in 1-2 mins. Removing and reinstalling the glass takes as much time as the actual swap. If you want to swap all the artwork too then that takes a bit longer. Exterior and apron artwork is magnetic and takes seconds. Slings and target plastics would take a few mins.

Personally I leave the artwork. The plastics aren’t backlit on the game like on traditional games. Unless all the lights in the room are on the plastics are actually hard to see especially with a backlit playfield (the pf monitor).

#2603 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I’m moving soon. What is your favorite solution for storing unused games. Sure the box is ok but getting all styrofoam back in perfect is a pain, plus not best thing to look at. Does anyone make containers? I’ll tell you when people come over and I show them the P3 for the first time. They are usually in all but then when I show them one of the modules that is out of the machine., the craftsmanship, and just the view from multiple angles, they are always blown away. It would be cool too. I don’t know hang these on the wall in a way that were easily accessible but that didn’t collect dust, etc..It would be cool to. I don’t know hang these on the wall in a way that were easily accessible but that didn’t collect dust, etc.. anyone share any storage ideas?

Someone is working on a product. It's RGB lighting in there. It was on blue/purple when the pic was taken. It won't be cheap. The prototype was listed at 1500$ (for 4 modules). I assume the end product will likely cost more than that. I'd guess around $400-500 per module for the final product but I could be wrong. I have nothing to do with this project, just passing along info I have come across. Seller is on ap3shop.com

P3_Rack (resized).jpgP3_Rack (resized).jpg

#2621 1 year ago

I prefer Heist to Weird Al. I find Weird Al a bit too easy. There are no real rewards for completing modes. You only need to start them - I agree this is more in line with 90's Bly/Wms games. Last week I actually managed to get to stage 3 of running with scissors on ball 1. The only tense part IS running with scissors since you only have 30 secs to complete the shots of each phase, and there are 17 phases to complete with multiple shots each.

Heist is hard. It's hard in the build up and either very hard or insanely hard in the wizard mode, depending on whether you got the bonus items when you collected the team members. I have save states for Heist and even at the final 15-ball MB, I can't finish it. Hitting the cross-town shot when in MB and when you can't stage the shot is so hard. I can't even fathom completing the game in 1 go without save states although I have seen KevInBuffalo do it on stream
I haven't even started to consider getting the other heists done in addition to the final one. This game just has so much to offer. I wonder if something special happens when you manage to collect ALL the jewels in the game.

I've only had the game for a few weeks and I still need to rotate WAMONH in there to keep my wife happy lol.

Heist keeps me coming back for more. Weird Al not so much because I know that my game will likely last at least 20-30 mins most times I hit the start button. I got rid of LOTR because of long game times. Weird Al stays though because my wife prefers Weird Al. She hates Heist (finds it way too hard).

It's really subjective and it's whatever floats your boat, just like traditional pins. Some like them some don't.

The other games I'm super stoked about are FR and SA. Lexy should ship to me this week. Can't wait to try it. I have a feeling Lexy will be a bit like Heist but slightly easier.

#2625 1 year ago

Any modules arriving lately?
I saw a group of us get Heist but nothing since then. Still waiting on Lexy and CCR.

Lexy started shipping last week(new owners chiming in on Discord). CCR would be next I believe.

They have multiple module production lines. FR wouldn’t impact the production of the other modules. Gerry has stated this in an interview not long ago.

#2651 12 months ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Question about Lexy Lightspeed gameplay: when does the mini display on the module become active? I've played a couple games and it only displays a black screen with the multimorphic logo. I haven't played Lexy in a couple years but I thought that screen played an active role. Is mine acting normal? If not, any ideas on a solution?

Network cable plugged in properly in the back of the module? If yes then:

Known issue. Go on MM support site and download the OS update and update via USB. Can”t be done over wifi. It does not erase or reset anything. Don’t worry that the update is dated 2020. There was an issue with some OS files in recently shipped P3s. Also causes issues with Cannon Lagoon where it’s display won't work either.

2 weeks later
#2709 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'M perplexed by SA
It's the farthest thing from my kind of theme, and I've even read the rules, so I'll have to give it another highly focused go.

Best way to understand is to watch KevInBuffalo play it on youtube. Well worth the 20-30 mins. Certainly not a traditional pinball game and not for everyone. For me this is right up my alley. Playing for storyline progress and not for score makes games interesting to me.

#2723 11 months ago

l
I have not paid for and/or tried the minigames but as I understand it Ranger in the Ruins and Sorcerer's apprentice are both better than Cosmic Cart base game. I don't have much time on a fully working Cosmic Cart just yet but I'm inclined to believe it.

It depends. For me the mini games are better. My wife dislikes them and prefers CCR(in arcade mode). For casual players CCR is a better fit. If you like nerd shit then the mini games are so much fun. Yes I like geeking out lol.

1 week later
#2759 11 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

CCR owners - what do you do with Cosmic Cart Racing? I like the idea of the races and avoiding crashes (drains?)- and having two different types of modes 1) more of a time or points or progress mindset (Arcade), and 2) career mode sounds really cool, and I like the idea of having upgradable engine tires, etc. But what are people going for in terms of targets/achievements? Not everything has to “be complete the six modes and achieve mini wizard, then achieve three multi balls, and then a final wizard mode”…. But I am struggling a little bit to understand my objective. (Yes, I know my objective is to have fun and enjoy flipping- which I do! But still, I feel like I’m missing something)

Get Sorcerer’s Apprentice. It makes more pinball sense. There is no point really to cart racing. I enjoy it for what it is. Mindless flipping to make green shots.

#2762 10 months ago

Got my Lexy yesterday. Needed some repairs after the shipping gorillas had their fun playing soccer with it. At least it’s functional. Ugggh.

IMG_4062 (resized).jpegIMG_4062 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3274 (resized).jpegIMG_3274 (resized).jpegIMG_3281 (resized).jpegIMG_3281 (resized).jpegIMG_3282 (resized).jpegIMG_3282 (resized).jpegIMG_3283 (resized).jpegIMG_3283 (resized).jpeg
#2764 10 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Just think how bad the damage would have been if it was not marked "Fragile"!

Meh. I think the gorillas see it more as "challenge accepted" thing when they see fragile stamped all over a package.

#2767 10 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

Looks like these modules need to be double boxed, i.e. an inner box that is suspended in another box with space between the two boxes.

With the amount of weight/pressure that was applied to bend the habitrails that much I don’t think it would have made a difference. You can't always compensate for stupid/careless shipping gorillas.

1 month later
#2830 9 months ago

Also make sure you are pulling on both the back and front handles at least equally, if not more on the front handle.

The front handle on Weird Al is that black metal bar that supports the spiral ramp.

1 week later
#2871 8 months ago

On mine the metal started to come off on the backbox (both sides). I just applied pressure to re-stick and it hasn’t come loose since. That was about 2.5 months ago.

#2872 8 months ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I cannot really see the metal is coming loose. Maybe magnetic layer AND the decals together are loose? Then I would glue the magnetic back onto the cabinet.
See this youtube for how it should look and work:

You aren’t understanding the problem. Some P3s have an issue with the metal plate coming off the cabinet sides(crappy adhesive). So yes trying to remove the magnet removes everything. It obviously shouldn’t do that.

1 week later
#2901 8 months ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

After 18 hours of ownership, I could not be more pleased with the P3 in general and Heist! in particular. Turns out I’m not nearly as good at pinball as I thought but am looking forward to lots of practice. Hats off to S. Silver, TJ and the rest of the creative team. Heist! is a masterpiece.

Right?

Who would have thought unlicensed themes could still be so awesome! Now on to Final Resistance to drive the point even further!

#2910 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks guys I adjusted the outlane and put that post in the middle. To my surprise the post in the middle doesnt do very much haha, still get drains! Oh well, better just "play better" like everyone says

Helps more on certain modules.

3 weeks later
#2950 7 months ago

We just released version 2.5.0.0. The biggest change is for locations using the auto-launch feature. It now ignores the version number and just launches the latest version of the requested app. Previously the operator needed to change the auto-launch setting to re-target the new version.
2.5.0.0 (9/6/2023):
Changed auto-launch feature to ignore version number
Changed auto-launch to jump directly to the target app in the carousel, if it still exists
Fixed mini-LCD (LL-EE, CL, etc) not updating with app images on some machines/playfields
- Gerry

gstellenberg

Does auto-launch detect the pf module and launch the appropriate main app? I was thinking of setting that up at home so my wife doesn't need to figure out the carousel thing. She is technologically challenged lol. I change modules often for myself.

#2952 7 months ago

Yep - that's how it works!
- Gerry
[quoted image]

Thanks!

Set it up for Heist yesterday. Now on to the rest of the modules!

#2953 7 months ago

Tried updating Silver Falls yesterday. Never got passed the "preparing the download package". After 1 hour I shut it off and figured the download would be ready by today. Nope. Still asked to select for prep. Hopefully it works today?

#2955 7 months ago

I'm experiencing the same thing.

Good to know. Server error at their end.

Edit: Just worked for me.

#2957 7 months ago

Feel free to contact support if you encounter a package not preparing. There's almost always a simple explanation that we know about and probably already fixed... which we did last night. If it's a more complicated issue, then letting us know directly is best anyway.
If you requested a build yesterday, it would have finished last night. Last night is more than 12 hours ago, so it would have been auto-purged. Trying again today should work without issue.
- Gerry

I'd rather only contact support when I'm sure there's a problem. Could have been a wifi issue at my end. Hate to waste people's time with inane shit.

Also I thought the auto-purge was 24 hours. good to know

1 week later
#2977 7 months ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

New week, another new game! Tune in tomorrow (Tuesday, 9/19) at 8 Eastern for the reveal of Dungeon Door Defender, a brand new add-on game for the P3's Heist module. Game creator Michael Ocean will join me for Q&A and to share inside info on the game: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball[quoted image]

So where is it? It would be installed already if it was on the MM store....

When is it going up?

#2987 7 months ago
Quoted from Frito539:

Purchased. Looking forward to trying it out after work!

Same here!

Except I have to go help a friend haul a BM66 LE down in his basement. Gah

#3012 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my #4 plastic part that is supposed to go up (not wall, but other part where the ball drops into) is not operating. It doesnt go up or down
what do I do to start troubleshooting it?

You go on multimorphic’s support site and check troubleshooting the scoops.

1 week later
#3020 6 months ago

WAMONH is the only module I have that has a minor issue when I remove/install it. For whatever reason I always need to re-adjust the left launch chute when I plop that module in. All other modules swap in/out without any issue whatsoever. (I own all modules including Drained).

If I don't adjust the chute the game will end up launching too many balls at some point in the game and it screws things up. Otherwise it works well.

I did have 2 servo failures right when I got the game, probably from a bad batch of servos. MM sent replacements and haven't had issues since with servos & diverters.

Overall it was a bit of work to dial it in, mostly because it's non-standard when compared to a "regular" pinball machine. Just getting to know the game and understand how things work has a bit of a learning curve. I find it's as reliable as my other games now.

#3022 6 months ago

I can’t reply directly to this guy since he’s blocked me but here goes:

Reply to skipnatty: The problem is that these threads and the discord are an echo chamber of general positive platitudes and those who have issues are quickly set aside, and most folks who have had issues with newer batch games have just quietly exited the platform or have tried and can't find buyers.

I disagree that it’s all positive. You need to keep in mind that not everyone has issues. Getting only negative experiences reported is just as useless as all positive. I agree that folks who can’t figure out how to use a screwdriver should probably not get a P3, or any pinball machine for that matter as they are high maintenance devices. The P3 is different and fails in different ways than regular games. I’ve had issues with other NIB games as well. They were just easier to fix because i am more familiar with them. The first month of ownership of the P3 was more repair than play for me as well. However since then it’s been rock solid.

#3024 6 months ago

You are absolutely correct in your observation that those who aren't ready to work on a game (any game for that matter) shouldn't own any pinball machines, and I'd caution against P3 ownership. I do work on my games. I restore, rebuild, homebrew, it's part of the hobby I love. My experience with P3 is different in the fact that there has not been a single reprieve from the issues. Out of all the modules I've purchased only one worked out of the box. I count working as I only needed to adjust the vuk tubes. Every other module I've owned had or still has issues that have taken months to chase down and fix. I've sent them back again and again and still have problems. I'm not at all allergic to hard work. I enjoy it. I do get tired of redundancy. I do get worn out when the labor starts to outweigh the enjoyment of the hobby. With my P3, unfortunately that has been the case. I literally just got a brand new module on Monday...It's got a problem. Waiting 5 days for a response... It gets old man. It gets really really old.
I typically keep these things to myself as I don't want to taint the experience of others. I just jump in and try to offer help, here or on Discord where I can. I think Heist is genius. I think FIRE is incredible and look forward to playing it once my issues are resolved or responded to. I think Weird Al has more engineering ingenuity the majority of Sterns that the community fawns over. That's why I supported and still support MM. I want to hang in there, but it's getting harder. I haven't had the same experiences with support that others speak to. I wait. I wait and I keep waiting. My issues carry on for long periods on time which leads to the frustration. It's easier to just throw in in the box and move on to something else. It's sad that it's even an option, but it is.
I hope I'm an outlier. I hope this group continues to have excellent experiences with P3 and the build quality continues to improve. I was honestly more excited for P3 than any other game I've purchased, which is maybe why the let down has been that much harder. For now, I'm still hanging in.

I am sorry to hear you are having so many issues. I also understand how you feel. I had an issue with LL where half the things on the pf no longer worked (optos & mini-screen). reboots didn't fix it. Took the module out over a month ago and didn't try it again as I didn't feel like fixing things right now. I just put LL back in last weekend because my son wanted to see it. I expected it to not work but lo and behold, it was working fine. Go figure. LL has been my problem child since it got damaged in shipping. MM did offer to repair it but being in Canada, I didn't think that shipping it back would be useful. I can repair most things myself anyway. MM promptly sent me replacement parts (my wireforms got all bent in shipping, in addition to other damage). Mini-screen didn't work at first because of connection issues. Then the RPI stopped working - SD Card got corrupted somehow. I have many RPIs in different devices so I was lucky to have ways to test and find the problem. Once it was confirmed that the SD card was corrupt they sent me the img file to burn a new one. Worked fine after that.

I also have had the EOS optos fall off. I consider that issue fairly minor as the game works fine without them and they were only introduced a few years ago.

Servo replacements are also more complicated than coils or motors on other games. I am familiar with them having been in the Remote Controlled Airplanes hobby for years. Good thing too because I surely would have messed up the replacement. Someone familiar with pins but not servos need to follow the instructions closely and not just assume that you can plop a new one in there and it'll work.

P3 is also the only pinball I know where you can actually physically damage/burnout parts (like servos) by changing settings you don't understand. It's not the kind of thing you can just go in and think "oh I'll just change this setting and see what happens". A big puff of smoke could happen and then $$$.

I really hope you get your P3 sorted out. I should get FR next week. Hopefully undamaged and fully working. In my case, the only module that needed absolutely NO adjustment whatsoever from NIB was Drained. However it did need tweaking as the switch gaps on the dozens of standups were way too wide and hitting the targets often didn't register. Same with the upper slings. But these are standard NIB pinball machine tweaks.

2 weeks later
#3086 6 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Is there a place to find rules for FR. Prefer not to watch 3 hour streams.

Right here:
Shoot flashing shots. Don’t drain.

Oh wait….

#3096 6 months ago

Done through the profile system. Create a profile, in the profile settings change the flipper button assignment, start a game using that profile. You can set an auto-assigned profile so you wouldn’t have to select it every time you start a game.

#3098 6 months ago

Start a game with your profile. Flipper button + start. Edit profile settings, not the system settings

#3100 6 months ago

What Gerry said ^^^^^^^^

I made mine into a profile for the folks who for some reason are incapable of using more than 1 button per side.

It reminds me of anyone who's never played pinball. They start by chimp flipping both sides when the ball gets close to the flippers. Then they understand the left right thing eventually. Kinda the same with these. Haunted house in the 80's had separate buttons (main/upper/lower pf). Folks weren't throwing fits back then about it. You just played the game as designed.

#3102 6 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I wasn’t playing pinball when it came out maybe everyone loved it but I’d assume there is a reason you don’t really see it anymore in modern pins.

We don't see it anymore because the BOM would be unaffordable. That game had 3 playfields and 8 flippers lol.

#3107 6 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is exactly the opposite experience I have with other people. I introduce everyone I can to the P3, and there hasn't been a single person that was in favor of the split buttons. Veteran players don't want to learn a new control scheme for a single machine, they find the extra buttons awkward. New players just ignore them and never use the upper flippers.
Ultimately I set the games to single-button, but then the upper flippers lose strength and are easily knocked down by the ball. I'm all for having the option...but it should be an option. I'm one of the earliest P3 adopters, so I'm as supportive as they come. But I just don't understand why the games don't support a fully-functioning one button setup (which includes upper playfields and equal "strength") in addition to the split buttons. Everything about the P3 as an ecosystem has been about being inclusive to all types of players. To ignore people that expect to control this game like ALL others seems strange.
Even Turner pinball (), as much of a joke as their situation is, had a single flipper game next to a split flipper game at expo. They were completely tone deaf to most of the feedback regarding their "innovations" but only needed a day or two to realize that everyone at the show preferred the single-button setup. Since the P3 *could* have fully functioning versions of both options, it makes no sense to me why you wouldn't want the best experience for the most amount of players.

And your experience is completely opposite to mine as well. I've had a lot of pinheads come over, including some of our top Canadian players, and they ALL insisted on playing split button as designed. I offered single button and they all refused it.

You're missing the point that the game is designed to separate the flippers because of certain shots you have to make where if the upper flipper was up the shot would be blocked.

I get that it's more comfortable to go with what you know and are used to. That doesn't mean it's the only way to do things or that it's better. It's just what you (we) are used to.

Within about 20-30 minutes of playing all of the folks I talked about above "got it" and it was no big deal. I've asked them after "how was it?" and without exception the answer was "it's fine with split buttons".

In any case I have profiles set up for players who prefer simple but haven't run into one yet.

#3159 5 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Any rumors of what next game will be?

All we know is that it's a licensed theme and should cause a rush of orders lol.

#3161 5 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m looking for reason to not sell my P3.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the announcement at the Houston show(10-12 Nov).

Have you played Heist or Final Resistance? Both are awesome games but on opposite spectrums of play experience.

#3169 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Freaking 3 MORE licensed titles in progress. ughhhhh cannot wait!!!!! I also would love to see more 3rd party games release! hopefully people are working on them

Actually I think what Gerry meant it’s 2 more in progress for a total of 3 including Weird Al.

#3170 5 months ago
Quoted from Seraph:

This comment didn't age well very quickly. (Check your e-mail for MM's latest update.)

Yeah the timing was funny lol.

#3179 5 months ago
Quoted from Spud1982:

Hello!! Unfortunately, I am out of ideas and need help on my machine. (Currently have Weird Al module in) the main left flipper is giving me fits. It flips fine but every couple flips it completely dies upon impact with the ball. If I engage the flipper and hold it and let the ball land on it the flipper dies every couple of times as well thus draining the ball. It is quite frustrating to say the least. I have ordered and installed all new wiring and coils to the main (lower) flipper module. I just received a new SW16 board and installed it with no luck. I have traced the wires and pulled out and adjusted the flipper buttons to ensure the proper contact is being made. I am not sure if it is a software issue or what at this point. It really makes the game unplayable which is a bummer as I absolutely love my Weird Al and Heist modules. Any advice on how to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I have tried everything I can think of. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Sounds like your EOS is not working. Inspect the EOS board on the flipper assembly. There should be a U-shaped black plastic component on it. Some have fallen off. If this is the case you need to replace the board. In the meantime just unplug the EOS board. This will tell the system there is no;EOS. It operates slightly different.

3 weeks later
#3207 5 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Joined the club. Final resistance is super fun so far. (20 plays deep)
-> what is everybody doing for module cases when not in the machine? The boxes are fine but I'd love something more aesthetically neutral.

AP3SHOP.COM has rolling “boxes” available. They are supposed to offer a stand to put them in at some point although they’ve been saying “soon” for many months.

#3219 5 months ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Yes, thank you MrMikeman for the referral!
We have changed woodshops, along with some other hiccups, that has caused a bit of a delay. We are currently getting things in place to be able to start production again in the new year.
Sorry for the delay.
I will be sure to post here in this thread when we are ready!

I have 6 rolling boxes and no room to store them.. I’m desperate for the rack solution!

#3222 5 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Are you not concerned with dust?

They are stored under games. Not really concerned yet.

2 weeks later
#3238 4 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

What are the latest guesses for the next release?

I've heard Princess Bride. That would suck as it would make it a must buy module. Already have all of them and no more room to store them.

#3283 4 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd rather have it heavy with sturdy build quality, than rinky dink construction, just so I don't need a helper to move it once or twice in it's lifetime.

Escalera (with removeable forklift) to the rescue for me. Got the P3(WAMONH) in the basement alone without any disassembly. Had a spotter though “just in case”.

Then used the forklift to lift it up to put the legs on. No harder or different than my other pins.

1 week later
#3289 3 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone have modules they are looking to sell?

Multimorphic has them all in stock.

1 week later
#3334 3 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So; yeah - 2024 is looking like a good year to be a P3 owner.

Hmmmm. 2024 is looking like hell for a P3 owner’s wallet.

#3357 3 months ago

CCR game options are not quite as stated. There are in fact more options.

- Career mode: Earn money, then race. You can also upgrade your car with the money, which is required after a few levels. Based on 3 ball. Traditional feel.
- Arcade mode: Just racing against the CPU. Losing a ball just slows you down but there is no limit. You need to finish first in order to continue.
- Online mode: Same as arcade but playing against live players on the internet. Always 4 racers so CPU fills spots as required.

#3400 3 months ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Officially in the club!

‘Bout time!

#3409 3 months ago

If a person's masculinity is threatened by which pinball machine they own then maybe the problem isn't pinball related?

I own Labyrinth which is also popular with women it seems. Even my brother tried the "ummmm..... you knowwww.... *pause*, it seems like Labyrinth is really popular with...... ya know..... females...."

As if this somehow would make me feel less like a man? I dunno.... Why would I care? I just thought it was funny. I'm old and fat - typical pinhead in the target demographic. No machine out there will make me feel or look more or less like a man. It's a pinball machine.

#3417 3 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I usually refer to the company as P3 when talking about the game ... "P3 is releasing a new module this year" or "I have to send my broken FR to P3" or "you should buy from P3 over JJP". Multimorphic is a mouthful

I use P3 all the time as well but not as the company name, just as the machine. "A new game is getting released for the P3". "The P3 is heavy as f#$%", etc. lol. "I will bring my P3 to the show"

#3419 3 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

That's an understatement

Figured you'd like that example as a fellow owner of the 1-ton pinball machine.

#3421 3 months ago

You're all invited to the Multimorphic factory to help us move our 500lb metal-framed prototype machine!
(The P3 weight is 330-370 lbs, depending on the playfield and features installed)
- Gerry

#3428 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Picking up an entire P3 package with Heist, Weird Al and Cosmic Cart this weekend! Does anyone need a Cosmic Cart Module on the cheap? Shoot me a message. Can /will ship.

You should try RITR before getting rid of the module.

2 weeks later
#3468 77 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yeah, I was hoping to get SA version with uppers cut out. I cut mine out of my weird AL ones awhile ago.

Why would you want cutouts since the upper flippers don’t work on the CCR module?

1 week later
#3495 67 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

The recent announcements make me wish even more there was P3 somewhere near me I can try. Someone bring one to the Expo up north!

I’m bringing one to the Quebec City show in May.

1 week later
#3525 60 days ago
Quoted from BigSkyPinball:

How much am I and my SO looking forward to TPB? Orders opened at 9:00am, and my invoice is dated 9:00:45am.
Having every P3 game kit (still waiting on FR to arrive), I may need to eventually get a second cabinet so that I don't have to swap games as often. At the moment I'd like to have both Weird Al and TPB available, but I've also been missing Heist. Would also be nice to have a second cabinet for when I have groups of people over.

45 seconds? Why so slow? :p

I got in at 9:00:35

Also have all games including FR. FR is worth the wait

#3554 55 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think I realized today I need a Conan the barbarian module
Thanks

Feeling the need to solve the riddle of steel?

3 weeks later
#3578 34 days ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Just the idea of it coming pre-loaded so the game is ready to go upon arrival. No big deal.

Unless things have changed they do not pre-load. I also tried when I bought mine.

2 weeks later
#3619 17 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Speaking of alot to learn, how does swapping a speaker panel work? I'm thinking of ordering the Core to fit in a little better with Final Resistance and other games when I don't have Weird Al installed.

A few nuts to loosen. Takes a few mins.

2 weeks later
#3628 3 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Just got a used heist and the crane is dead .
Where do I start to solve this?

You’ll have to be more specific. The crane is comprised of 2 servos, 1 stepper motor, 1 magnet and a few switches. What isn’t working?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
8,499 (OBO)
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,500 (OBO)
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.