BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 73.
#1701 1 year ago

Go to support site
https://www.multimorphic.com/support

make a user so you can login

Then go to the tech info and documentation
https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/User_Manuals_and_Technical_Documentation

I know the servo wall/scoop was going to be updated soon. I remember talk of adjustment and guide on the discord.

#1702 1 year ago

Thanks. I’ll go to the Multimorphic site and submit the problem.
I went into diagnostics and the scoop will work, but the wall won’t raise or lower.

#1703 1 year ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

I went into diagnostics and the scoop will work, but the wall won’t raise or lower.

I’d suspect a disconnected wire either the servo itself or at the controller board.

#1704 1 year ago

Out of the club, my p3 sold within a day of advertising here. Thanks for putting up with me guys and gals

#1705 1 year ago

Hi everyone. Is there a setting anywhere in the machine to use one button to control the flipper for each side? My son is having a hard time with the two button for top and lower flippers? Thanks

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from Iceman:

Hi everyone. Is there a setting anywhere in the machine to use one button to control the flipper for each side? My son is having a hard time with the two button for top and lower flippers? Thanks

You have to enter the settings from within the game module. I believe it's listed under switches.

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

I’ve got an “OG” pin so I can’t speak to the servo version, but my experience on scoop/wall issues tied back to a blown fuse. Just putting it out there!

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Out of the club, my p3 sold within a day of advertising here. Thanks for putting up with me guys and gals

Well good to have you while it lasted!

#1709 1 year ago

My game is stuck and will not launch an app it just goes back to where it started to the Home Screen
.?

#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My game is stuck and will not launch an app it just goes back to where it started to the Home Screen
.?

Did this just randomly happen and was working before?
Do you remember what version of software(s) you’re on?
Did you try rebooting

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

.?

Mine has done this once or twice. If I recall correctly, it’s when I’ve left it on for several days. Have you tried power cycling ? And will it launch NO game? (How many are installed?)

#1712 1 year ago

Worked fine last time yesterday,will not go into diagnostic or anything,
Yes reboot many times.

#1713 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Worked fine last time yesterday,will not go into diagnostic or anything,
Yes reboot many times.

Can you post a picture of your screen? Do the flipper buttons cycle through the options and the start button will not launch anything or no games appear or they appear but are all locked…?

#1714 1 year ago

I turned it off for an hour and started it and it loaded,I don’t know what happened but I don’t like it!.

Well I need to learn how to load a video If it happens again,how do you do it?

Oh and thanks for the help all.

#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I turned it off for an hour and started it and it loaded,I don’t know what happened but I don’t like it!.
Well I need to learn how to load a video If it happens again,how do you do it?
Oh and thanks for the help all.

Linux!

I think most people post a video on YouTube. I’m not sure if you can upload to the site directly any more

#1716 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Linux!
I think most people post a video on YouTube. I’m not sure if you can upload to the site directly any more

Ya I upload to YouTube and post the link. Usually leaving it unlisted but depends on what it is

#1718 1 year ago

Look at the leds is this correct,one on right white left are different

I hope I did this correctly for my first posted video!

#1719 1 year ago

It looks like the ribbon cable that feeds the side target LEDs on the left assembly has backed off the connector a bit.

To fix, you'll need to look at the tech document on the support site - there will either be one to reseat this cable or the instructions for installing the left flipper assembly.

#1720 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Look at the leds is this correct,one on right white left are different
I hope I did this correctly for my first posted video!

This is directly from support regarding my lights being strange colors..
"For the side targets, there is a ribbon connector on the back side of the target block faces, and those control the LEDs. With vibration, that cable can sometimes work itself loose, and it results in some of the LEDs not working or showing bad colors.

You can get to the back side of the target assembly while it is still in the machine if you (disconnect) and pull the lower playfield plastic and display out about 12" or so. Then you can reach up and re-seat that connector. video of removing the display here -

"

#1721 1 year ago

Will do thanks again

#1722 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

This is directly from support regarding my lights being strange colors..
"For the side targets, there is a ribbon connector on the back side of the target block faces, and those control the LEDs. With vibration, that cable can sometimes work itself loose, and it results in some of the LEDs not working or showing bad colors.
You can get to the back side of the target assembly while it is still in the machine if you (disconnect) and pull the lower playfield plastic and display out about 12" or so. Then you can reach up and re-seat that connector. video of removing the display here - "

Quoted from rockrand:

Will do thanks again

Yup check out post #1683. Mine were disconnected but if don’t connect them correctly you get odd colors as well. I had to try a couple times and this post was very clear direction.

#1723 1 year ago

Can anyone post a video of the newest version of ROCs? Thinking about buying it and wanted to hear the soundtrack first. The most recent video I can find is from 2018.

Also, for downloads, does anyone know the turnaround time. I would be buying it for an event this weekend and curious if it would be processed by then.

#1724 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Can anyone post a video of the newest version of ROCs? Thinking about buying it and wanted to hear the soundtrack first. The most recent video I can find is from 2018.
Also, for downloads, does anyone know the turnaround time. I would be buying it for an event this weekend and curious if it would be processed by then.

After your purchase, someone at MM Has to process it so it is bound to your account and available for download. Then you can start the build process from your machine or from your account on the website. This part is automated.

They usually do it same day, but it can vary. The longer you wait the less likely it will happen since tomorrow is a holiday.

Here is the soundtrack:

#1725 1 year ago

You convinced me... Thanks

#1726 1 year ago

Already have it downloaded. Wasn't expecting it to happen that fast! Thanks Multimorphic team!

#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Already have it downloaded. Wasn't expecting it to happen that fast! Thanks Multimorphic team!

You inspired me. Just downloaded ROC and Shoot n Scoot

#1728 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

One of the best parts of owning one of these machines!

1 week later
#1729 1 year ago

New module out today!
https://drainedpinball.com/

#1730 1 year ago

I love that the is even possible! What an awesome company!

#1731 1 year ago

Looks great!

Any plans on letting this module float around to any of the shows? Maybe Pinbrew in Ohio?

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Looks great!
Any plans on letting this module float around to any of the shows? Maybe Pinbrew in Ohio?

I will most likely be at Pinbrew again! If I’m there then I will have it to play!

#1733 1 year ago

After the holidays; I'm going to have to invite myself over to Multimorphic and try to play #Drained ... assuming they have a P3 setup with the module at the time.
bingopodcast makes difficult but unique games ... with the current economy... I'm just not sure I can part with a 2k down payment right now given my Day job just "postponed" all bonuses until mid-2023. :Grrrrrr:

Combine that with "cost cutting" and a overall sh1tty stock price... just not sure when things will be looking up.

#1734 1 year ago

I had a wall that quit working one day after getting the machine. Turned out to be a bad servo.
Opened a support ticket and they quickly sent out a new one. Documents to replace it were excellent.
I performed the operation today and the patient is alive and well.

FAEDF6F9-50E0-4C7A-94DB-A10118DA32A2 (resized).jpegFAEDF6F9-50E0-4C7A-94DB-A10118DA32A2 (resized).jpeg10D07717-DA9E-49A4-B634-A5A0A1E2B536 (resized).jpeg10D07717-DA9E-49A4-B634-A5A0A1E2B536 (resized).jpeg5B876B1B-142E-4029-B5B6-BA986CC7404A (resized).jpeg5B876B1B-142E-4029-B5B6-BA986CC7404A (resized).jpeg
#1735 1 year ago

Back to killing germs!

#1736 1 year ago

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Vandy89 and everybody with the motorized wall/scoop assembly, please update your Launcher app to the one we released on Tuesday (2.4.4.1). It tweaks some drive parameters to help with reliability and longevity. It does this globally, so all apps should pick up the changed settings.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1737 1 year ago

I might add that anyone removing something under the playfield absolutely needs a low profile right angle screwdriver. Very tight clearances under there. https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-03044A-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-Close-Quarters/dp/B000XYOUS6

#1738 1 year ago

I had all the family over thanksgiving playing pinball. I just turned on the p3 and the top right flipper is not working.

I took out the Al play field, moved balls to trough and took off ramp and plastic. I moved the flipper with my hand and a roll pin rolled out. I can see that it came off at the end of the plunger. Do I just tap it in?

I just put it back in. Hopefully the round plastic will keep it in place. I’ll put the game back together now and report back. I put it back together and the flipper still does not work. I have to go run errands. I’ll take it back apart later but leave playfield in.

I can’t find videos to work on this flipper (top right). Since I’m new to the game I do not know if you can test in this position with the playfield out. So right now I’m being safe keeping everything turned off. I don’t see any reason to turn on now but wondering for the future.

Also please note the scratching of the clear plastic at the flipper. Is that ok?

2257CBA3-AD15-403B-8C1F-9BABDEAE6A3E (resized).jpeg2257CBA3-AD15-403B-8C1F-9BABDEAE6A3E (resized).jpeg5DD59552-4E89-4B0E-BDD9-DAC8FB092673 (resized).jpeg5DD59552-4E89-4B0E-BDD9-DAC8FB092673 (resized).jpeg

#1739 1 year ago

I think that may be the pin that holds the flipper to the arm.

Or the pin that holds the arm in place that’s covered by the plastic ring which holds it in place.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1740 1 year ago

Thanks. Is there a video to take out? Or I’ll look later. Thanks

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks. Is there a video to take out? Or I’ll look later. Thanks

The scratching looks like it’s related to the pin that holds the flipper to the arm. Is it sitting flush or slightly popping out? On mine it’s flush.

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

I think that may be the pin that holds the flipper to the arm.
Or the pin that holds the arm in place that’s covered by the plastic ring which holds it in place.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Michael -

It looks like that pin is the one that holds the black plastic linkage to the plunger which is fired by the coil. First make sure the pin that holds the linkage (the black plastic) to the coil plunger is re-inserted. That should be held in place by that black plastic ring which should snugly fit over the plunger and keep that pin securely in place. The spring should keep the black plastic ring in place. Note it has kind of a rim around it so it just stays at the top of the plunger. Probably that got hung up or slipped a bit in shipping and it wasn't obvious at first.

The scratching on the clear plastic is not normal; there is a pin there as well, but I think it is pressure fit and not meant to come out. If it's popping out ,you may need some pliers to add enough pressure to fit it back in. Make sure everything else is in alignment, there is definitely something a bit wonky there.

#1743 1 year ago

Thanks. The pin is back in place between the black flipper pawl and the metal plunger. The two springs are keeping the black ring in place.

This is fixed.

I can’t get to the pin scratching the plastic until I take the top right flipper assembly out I think.

My problem is the top right flipper is not working. I am in diagnostics. I am in coils/flasher test and I do not see a coil labelled top right (or top left) flipper.

I do not think the coil is working but I do not know where to test it

Aux left 0 appears to be the left flipper and that works in test

If aux right 0 is right flipper, flipper is not working.

I see the instructions for replacing the right old assembly with the right flipper assembly. It looks complicated and I may not have to do all these steps to remove the top right flipper to see if connected.

But before I do that, I want to test exactly what is controlling the flipper to see that it is not working.

Before taking the assembly off, should I be checking for fuses, or connectors I can see without taking the game apart?

Can I use a screw driver near the flipper to take out the screw and an Allen wrench at the button without taking off the weird Al play field and display?

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks. The pin is back in place between the black flipper pawl and the metal plunger. The two springs are keeping the black ring in place.
This is fixed.
I can’t get to the pin scratching the plastic until I take the top right flipper assembly out I think.
My problem is the top right flipper is not working. I am in diagnostics. I am in coils/flasher test and I do not see a coil labelled top right (or top left) flipper.
I do not think the coil is working but I do not know where to test it
Aux left 0 appears to be the left flipper and that works in test
If aux right 0 is right flipper, flipper is not working.
I see the instructions for replacing the right old assembly with the right flipper assembly. It looks complicated and I may not have to do all these steps to remove the top right flipper to see if connected.
But before I do that, I want to test exactly what is controlling the flipper to see that it is not working.
Before taking the assembly off, should I be checking for fuses, or connectors I can see without taking the game apart?
Can I use a screw driver near the flipper to take out the screw and an Allen wrench at the button without taking off the weird Al play field and display?

If the coil isn't working at all whatsoever, the power may have become disconnected. There's a 3-pin molex connector way inside/underneath the flipper assembly (above the playfield).

Remove the right return wireform
Remove the righthand plastic assembly

There are 2 screws that connect the flipper assembly to the rail - I think they are 5/32" hex screws (they are larger than the ones that tighten the wireform to the rail).

It seems like a lot, but they only take about half a minute to remove. On my game, the upper right flipper assembly has 1 hex screw and 1 philips (mine was an upgrade), so you may want to check.

Anyway, remove return wireform, remove plastic, remove 2 screws in upper right flipper assembly. There will be a ribbon cable and a 3-pin molex going underneath the assembly. The ribbon cable just lights the LEDs I believe, but the molex connector powers the flipper coil. Make sure that's plugged in.

#1745 1 year ago

Thanks. I got the top flipper assembly off. The connector looks solidly connected. The wires appear to be snug in the connector.

I’m watching grandchildren so I could not get any further in the tests.

Is aux right 0 the coil to test for the top right flipper ? If so, the right top flipper is still not working. I tested the other coils near right aux 0 and left aux 0.

I put the screw and Allen nut back in and the flipper side targets are back in place and flipper does not work.

I assume I should follow the white, gray and black wires somewhere but do not know what to do next. I assume take out play field and lift up game to second service position leaning against back box? Or do I need to remove display first?

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I assume I should follow the white, gray and black wires somewhere but do not know what to do next. I assume take out play field and lift up game to second service position leaning against back box? Or do I need to remove display first?

that's what I'd do. There are both a left and a right upper flipper install document in the support area (requires login) which I had to use to install mine on my original P3.
I'd use that document to trace the wire harness thru the system to the final board(s) for checkout. If all the connectors are plugged in; it'd be time to check fuses. I think there is a fuse document somewhere.

#1747 1 year ago

Upper right (same exact steps for left) flipper installation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rhmn3H6AkoRHJMv1D2fFd_PkZvrKoL-c

Earlier doc which explains just removing the upper side modules:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rYuAcFkADDl3iEH_jdIKskumkJ33qeRw/view?usp=drivesdk

#1748 1 year ago

Thanks. I already removed and re-installed the right top flippers

I followed the 3 wires. I said white gray and black. I think they are actually white gray and maroon or similar. I followed them to a board beneath the playfield and checked continuity on both fuses. I assume the fuse on the right is the one I was actually interested in.

I know the buttons work at the right since I went into switch test and can use the red to rotate through software.

I found a fuse list where the coin box would be.

I submitted a ticket to support.

I don’t know what to try next. Thanks!

1EB75258-1F97-4BD8-BBCF-AFB639B0911A (resized).jpeg1EB75258-1F97-4BD8-BBCF-AFB639B0911A (resized).jpeg32516301-D334-44E5-8D8D-75CDB81F52FE (resized).jpeg32516301-D334-44E5-8D8D-75CDB81F52FE (resized).jpeg4C5B0162-A285-4667-A1BD-258740CFAA43 (resized).jpeg4C5B0162-A285-4667-A1BD-258740CFAA43 (resized).jpegADE08D19-838D-4353-9C4C-D12E8328AD8E (resized).jpegADE08D19-838D-4353-9C4C-D12E8328AD8E (resized).jpegB9414D19-3EF9-4985-AE54-79E4D57F0599 (resized).jpegB9414D19-3EF9-4985-AE54-79E4D57F0599 (resized).jpegDFF9CA09-96D2-4303-8CB1-2DACA9AC7DDC (resized).jpegDFF9CA09-96D2-4303-8CB1-2DACA9AC7DDC (resized).jpeg
#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks. I already removed and re-installed the right top flippers
I followed the 3 wires. I said white gray and black. I think they are actually white gray and maroon or similar. I followed them to a board beneath the playfield and checked continuity on both fuses. I assume the fuse on the right is the one I was actually interested in.
I know the buttons work at the right since I went into switch test and can use the red to rotate through software.
I found a fuse list where the coin box would be.
I submitted a ticket to support.
I don’t know what to try next. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have to wait until monday, when they will get back to you real quick.

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Have to wait until monday, when they will get back to you real quick.

Thanks to you and everyone else for your help. I’ll need to understand the game better so no better time to dig in than now.

I didn’t check continuity between the board to the flipper connector but that will be fun and difficult based on how tight everything is.

I guess just hoping the pin was detached and that was the issue was too hopeful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.