IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (6 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1166 2 years ago

Greetings everyone, hope all is well.

I will be joining the Multimorphic P3 club as I was able to order a Weird Al LE and looking forward to expanding my collection.

Question as this will be my first P3, does anyone recommend leg protectors on the outside or inside?

I figured due to the weight, they might already be on the inside, but watched some setup videos where some people used the hard plastic leg protectors on the outside vs. the metal Stern type.

I know usually the plastic sometimes rubs and damages the artwork, but figured I’d ask if anyone uses them or are they even needed since there’s no artwork behind the leg? I like to try to do as much as I can to prevent any unnecessary wear.

I couldn’t find anything from searching the main P3 threads as initially I was also searching for plastics protectors.

Thanks for the help and again excited to be a part of the group.

Stay safe

4 months later
#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bought and downloaded ranger in the ruins last night. Played 20 games, and I must have blown a fuse. Because no coils work anymore. Won't feed a ball anywhere or launch balls.
All my PD16 boards have 4 red lights on them (can only find 3).
Anyone know where there is a fuse chart, that shows where they are in the machine? Locations and what they do. Tested all the fuses on the 3 I could find, All test good. (coin door area, behind the ball troth, and in middle of the underside of the main playfield).
Module is pulled out, and can't get any coil to fire in diagnostics.

They have a page on their support page, see link below, that provides fuse information, but you need to create an account (it’s free):

https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Base_Machine_Assemblies

I took a screenshot also for quick reference, see attached.

P3 Discord is another great resource for help.

Hope this helps.

C855F5F7-B3CD-48E0-BC77-A27C22DBA8E0 (resized).jpegC855F5F7-B3CD-48E0-BC77-A27C22DBA8E0 (resized).jpeg
#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have that chart in my game. Doesn't help if you don't know where they are on the machine. and what does what.

Sorry, still waiting on my machine, otherwise I’d take a look and pics.

I’m sure one of the other owners will chime in soon.

#1487 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Received my P3 with Weird Al a few weeks ago. Been collecting a long time and had been feeling a little blah too, but the game and sytem have re-energized me a bit. I really like the dynamic nature of the playfield and I think the Weird Al game is something special (this from someone who is not a diehard fan).

I’ll second or third this as perhaps it’s my age, but I tried all the latest and greatest modern pins and while I am NOT saying they are not amazing, they just don’t resonate with me. I looked initially at a P3 and didn’t give it the chance it deserves, but I took the time to watch Kev’s videos as well as gammagoat’s and bingopodcast’s (so if my wife asks, I’m blaming y’all and Gerry LOL) and each game is unique\innovative and in my opinion can easily compete with all the newer games and for me even offer more.

I did the same with Lexy, thought “oh that looks ok, not much to it” because I watched maybe 10 minutes of play, but after watching the entire video, I was hooked so ended up putting a deposit on all the modules so I could get the lower price and discount.

Anyway, looking forward to getting my machine and not trying to come across as a “shill” so to speak but just stating my opinion and experience.

Look forward to being able to play online with y’all.

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice summary! I’ll second I think the games give a WIIIIIIIIDE range of options; you have your modern type games, but also game similar to 80s SS games and even Nick’s predilection with even older EMs and Bingos. You couldn’t ask for more variety - plus with Al and Heist you’ve got some very “bling! Bling!” games to show off the goods.

Agree 100%. I was thinking, I wonder if operators back in the day were similar when solid state started coming out, being hesitant to change as I know it took Gottlieb a while before they started making non-EM’s and I’ve fallen for the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix” mentality but maybe it’s just me and some others that feel it’s time for something new and innovative while staying true to what makes pinball pinball.

I wish I could help spread the word or at least my experiences and why I chose the P3, so thinking of even starting to stream some pinball when I get mine and being 45, I never got into the whole social media or uploading videos, but feel more people need to know and wanna help anyway I can.

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'm proud to be such a positive inspiration for you all!

Don’t worry, when it comes to my pinball hobby\obsession, she’s like Cypher was in the Matrix “Ignorance is bliss” LOL

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

I've been thinking of ordering a P3 the last few months, was trying to find some time to hit the pinball gallery to get some play time in. But with the pending 9/1 price increase, I decided to jump in. Ordered all the modules and sent Sarah the deposit yesterday. It's going to be a 12 month wait, which is fine since my 60th BD is next Oct, it will be perfect timing. Plus the wife can't deny me a BD gift, right?

Congrats, same boat here and ordered all the modules. Regarding the wife and birthday part, I am 45 and am already on my 55th birthday in terms of “Honey this will be for my next birthday “ LOL.

We’ve been married or rather she’s put up with me for 25 years in October, so I am a very lucky man.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Glad to see I’m not the only one going “all in” with all 5 modules!!
I hope to have mine for my b’day in March. Was scheduled for Dec but the delays are probably here for some time.

Yeah I just couldn’t stand not taking advantage of the lower price before the end of this month. At first I was just gonna get a few and hold off on Cannon and Lexy as I figured I could get Cannon when my 2.5 year old daughter grows up a little more but once they announced the price increase along with always living pitch and bat games (GSR), I figured I might as well and can always tell the wifey “But look at how much I saved” as she uses that when she shops for clothes. Lexy was a pass at first but when I finally took the time to watch more than 10 minutes of gameplay (thanks gammagoat and Kevin), I was hooked, a truly under appreciated game.

Another thing that made me choose Multimorphic was their support and being able to communicate with them directly.

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anyone know the folded height of a P3? Trying to figure if it will fit in my forester.

Is this what you’re looking for?

D1BA635D-AE7D-4279-9714-0907DBB679DA (resized).pngD1BA635D-AE7D-4279-9714-0907DBB679DA (resized).png
1 month later
#1648 1 year ago

Congrats again to you both.

When we had our first (2.5 years ago), my brother got me this shirt, now if we can only add a P3 machine instead of controller

Take care

335ECF53-1918-4314-A1F6-62F4A1E27281 (resized).jpeg335ECF53-1918-4314-A1F6-62F4A1E27281 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1778 1 year ago

Quick question, apologies if I missed it, but I searched here and a few of the game\module threads, can you install a physical knocker somewhere or is it prewired to add a kit from PBL?

If not, any future plans?

Thanks

1 week later
#1844 1 year ago

So when do we start getting some hints for the next game like y’all did with Weird Al?

Too early for an early Christmas present?

#1852 1 year ago

My almost 3 year old would like to put in a vote for Bluey

2 weeks later
#1926 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Ready to put down a deposit and join this club. I’m tentatively thinking of ordering Heist to start.
Any recommendations for ordering direct from Multimorphic versus from On Tilt in Los Angeles?
Thanks!

Congrats and I too have an order in with Justin wise1919 and should be on the line sometime in February (birthday month, fingers crossed). He has one scheduled for this November.

He’s went above and beyond to help me out and super nice guy.

#1975 1 year ago

Just in case anyone was wanting one of those 500 lb Harbor Freight lift carts, they have a coupon for $50 off.

I wasn’t able to find one locally when they had the recent 25% off sale, but finally got one today and now I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing I’m prepared for my P3 when it arrives.

Below is the coupon that I used, just in case you don’t follow the other lift cart thread:

https://go.harborfreight.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/180024_13420982.png

#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I took some pictures for you guys today, of how easy this is.
With just myself to do all of the work, I wheeled my P3 machine in, while still in the box, using my Escalera dolly. I sat the game on its butt and cut away the box. I then moved the Harbor Freight lift cart into position as you can see in picture #1. I like to use a moving blanket on the lift bed as it protects the game and helps position it onto the table.
Picture #2 shows it on the lift table, with the blanket, and centered. But don't be fooled. I forgot to take a picture.
What I did was pull the game towards me and lowered it down and rested it at an angle on the table. The I walked around to the butt end of the machine, lifted, slid and finessed it onto the table and centered it. The moving blanket helps that sliding process and make sure the cart wheels are locked so not to roll forward as you push it onto the table. Picture #3 is just another angle showing the leg pump and picture #4 shows the game lifted up and ready to put the legs on.
It's all quick and easy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks so much for the pics as I also watched Kevin’s video (multiple times), so I “think” I’m prepared. Great pics as they shows exactly where to position it on the cart and can use the strap as a reference.

Two questions:

1. Where is the best place to buy a moving blanket? I didn’t know if Uhaul would charge a premium or if anyone had any recommendations.

2. I’m also contemplating just using the system core artwork all the time and just changing plastics, but not sure if I should substitute that for the standard Weird Al artwork or just get both. My worry is I’m OCD and if I get the Weird Al artwork, I’ll then want to get all the others, but plan on getting Drained and know that comes with it. Oh decisions decisions.

Thanks for the help and input.

#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Hf sells moving blankets too... And ratchet straps... And lift tables. Everything a growing pinhead needs

Thanks, definitely will pick a blanket up vs. using our good towels, happy wife happy life.

1 week later
#2005 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I have the original "Generic P3 Artwork", which is more subtle than the "P3 Machine Artwork (System Core)".
While "subtle" and Pinball don't usually go together, in this case it works.
It's still available, check it out before making your call...
- Mark

Any chance you or anyone who has the original generic cabinet artwork, could you post a few cabinet pics? I see them on the MM site but not on a cabinet.

I’m in the same boat, have a P3 Weird Al standard and other modules coming soon and also thought about just using either the generic or the updated System Core. While I do like the artwork for the modules, I too would probably be switching them out regularly and my OCD would want to change the artwork every time as well as not sure where I’d store all the artwork.

Thanks

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Here you go.
Please ignore the screw holes bordering the artwork. I removed my Artwork Protectors to get good pics.
- Mark[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!!!

#2037 1 year ago

If there’s any truth to all the rumors for the next games from AP, JJP and Stern’s next 4 cornerstones, here’s hoping Gerry and the MM team got the license for MOTU 80’s version (a guy can hope).

#2049 1 year ago

I know MM was very tight lipped when Weird Al came out, but didn’t they post some pics\hints beforehand?

We’re getting so many rumors going around from other manufacturers, just hoping they could throw us a little hint or at least a ballpark timeframe when we could get a hint.

4 weeks later
#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I bought my machine through wise1919 (Wise trailers). He has been amazing throughout. Way more than I expected from a distributor. Highly recommended.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137729

I did the same and can’t say enough good things about Justin wise1919 helping me every step of the way with questions along with Gerry gstellenberg . Just one of many reasons I finally took the plunge.

2 weeks later
#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I'm hoping for more single level modules like Drain.
[quoted image]

Would love TNA on a P3, then they could do the floating Pop Bumper.

#2314 1 year ago

Really?? We are arguably getting the best version of TNA with Final Resistance. I’m glad this is the version landing on the P3.
I definitely would like to see them introduce some new mechs for the lower half but unsure how difficult that works be to add or remove though. Probably not an easy thing to do outside of introducing them with a module.

Oh I’m not saying TNA instead, I’m saying maybe down the road a rerun or vault edition.

I’m definitely getting a Final Resistance

1 week later
#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Although maybe this is backwards, maybe rumors get those games made, so, if that is the case, I heard the next P3 is Seinfeld, but my buddy said he heard it is Shawshank redemption (can you say "Andy escapes Multiball"), but his wife said she heard it is Golden Girls.

If that's the case, then I heard Bluey, Last Boyscout or Masters of the Universe But Golden Girls would probably be the only pin ever that my wife would actually buy LOL

1 week later
#2533 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Picked up another P3 last week, so I'll be listing a slightly preowned Weird Al LE game module with all the LE goodies (at a very fair price!)
Now I need another Cannon Lagoon module and for Gerry to sell me Head's Up!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, I too was curious if you order or get a 2nd base machine if that then meant you got Head’s Up included or at least the option to buy as they truly would be a fun and unique experience.

#2557 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

people who want to have more P3 games set up at the same time can always buy more base units. For those owners, we're even offering Heads Up, our head-to-head networked battle game, for free!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

So it IS true that we would get Heads Up when purchasing an additional base unit.

Now we just need Nick to make a basketball module that can be played with linked machines, similar to how NBA Fastbreak did. Just think of the endless sports games.

Thanks for confirming

#2605 1 year ago

Well I’m officially in the P3 club, got my Weird Al and Heist and Cannon Lagoon are on their way, leaving just Cosmic Cart to come a little later.

Never played a P3 before owning, so was nervous, but thanks to Kevin and others who stream, watched enough videos to convince myself to make the leap a year ago.

Only 15 games or so into Weird Al, but very much enjoying it. At first I wasn’t able to get up the right ramp for nothing, so upped the flipper strength to 28 and no issues now, but will try to lower it back as maybe just had to break the flippers in and I am using separate buttons.

At first the two button flipper setup wasn’t clicking, but after a few games, it got A LOT better or rather I started getting used to it and do prefer vs. 1 button as it was nice not having to worry about the upper flippers getting in the way. I admit it took a few games to realize where the upper flippers were as most games I played with upper flippers, are in plain site, but after game 10 I was hitting the spiral ramp pretty good when I lined it up. When I then went to play a TNA, I was looking for the 2nd flipper button LOL

I snipped the zip tie for Harvey, but I thought he’s supposed to freely spin as he does spin a little, but seems like it’s too tight and doesn’t really spin as freely as I’ve seen on streams, but maybe as it gets more play, not concerned as it worked fine when locking balls.

No record scores, but did barely squeeze into the top 10 with 3.9 million and Hardware Store was great, but started it during Word Crimes and suffice to say I didn’t pass my test

All and all, the only thing that’s a bummer is now I’m gonna spend more money to get the other remaining modules, plastics, downloadable games oh and I’ll be reaching out to ya Nick as I gotta get that Drained now. I told myself I’d wait a little to make sure I like it, but I’m already sold as I feel I’m the perfect customer as I like having the ability to play totally different and unique games and am not rich LOL

As far as NIB experience, WOW, no issues, no damage and everything just worked and no cosmetic issues like I’ve had with other new purchases. Multimorphic, you keep doing what you’re doing, my hats off to ya as this is how a NIB purchase should be and especially in terms of quality control.

I do have one question for those who have more time\experience with the P3:

When I was wiping off my lower plexiglass, I noticed something in the left corner of the screen, see 3rd pic. I’m not sure if this is a hair, debris or dead pixels? Anyone have a clue what this is? I didn’t have enough time to try and take out the monitor to see if it was just debris.

Well that’s it for now and I know I sound like I am shilling real hard, but those who know me, know I just tell it like it is, good or bad and I am in no way affiliated with Multimorphic although if I could, I’d work there in a heartbeat as this is a company that goes above and beyond. I just hope others that are skeptical, give a P3 a couple of plays before dismissing it entirely as I felt like I was playing pinball and that’s because it is.

IMG_1335 (resized).jpegIMG_1335 (resized).jpegIMG_1336 (resized).jpegIMG_1336 (resized).jpegIMG_1337 (resized).jpegIMG_1337 (resized).jpeg
#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

I do have one question for those who have more time\experience with the P3:
When I was wiping off my lower plexiglass, I noticed something in the left corner of the screen, see 3rd pic. I’m not sure if this is a hair, debris or dead pixels? Anyone have a clue what this is? I didn’t have enough time to try and take out the monitor to see if it was just debris.

Just an update, it was debris under the plexiglass. I easily slid out the plexiglass and whatever it was went away away as when I went ahead and cleaned off the plexi with my half\half ISO and Distilled water solution and reinstalled, it was gone. I figured it had to be debris and so far that's the only thing I came across which turned out to be nothing LOL Thanks Nick bingopodcast for the additional instructions\help.

I did turn the flippers from 28 to 26 and have no issues hitting the shots that are well aimed, so assuming I can take it back down to the default of 24.

Thanks again for the help everyone and got to Dare to be Stupid, very fun mode and so far the only regret I have is not getting a P3 sooner

Have a great and safe weekend everyone.

#2617 1 year ago

Ge

Quoted from arcyallen:

Taken from https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/VUK_Issues:
"For the issue of no balls being read by the sensors, pressure to the left most tube can be applied from either the left or right side while monitoring [Under Playfield] test in Diagnostics. "
Can someone explain how to do this with power still getting to the playfield? If you pull it "all the way out" and rest it on a table, the cords aren't long enough to still be plugged in. If you leave the playfield in service position one, I can't see a way to reach in to push on the tube. The instructions actually say to pull the wires off, so I don't know if it's an oversight or I'm not fully understanding directions. This has been known to happen from time to time

Only way I’ve seen is putting it right up next to the outside of the cabinet.

In their latest tech demo they did a few months back, see link below, TJ showed how to do it with one of those Harbor Freight lift carts but still advised caution:

#2624 1 year ago

Any modules arriving lately?
I saw a group of us get Heist but nothing since then. Still waiting on Lexy and CCR.

I’m a new owner, got machine and Weird Al last Thursday, then Cannon Lagoon on Friday and scheduled to get Heist tomorrow.

Last update I got for my remaining CCR is about 10 or so weeks tentatively.

Gotta put my order in still for FR and Lexy and curious how long Lexy would take since I know production starts next month on FR.

Getting Drained too, but know that’s separate scheduling since that’s Nick’s game.

#2626 1 year ago

Quick question for those more experience with playfield swaps....

My machine came with Weird Al and I just got Heist and wanna try it out, do I or can I put the Weird Al module in the Heist box? I know that's probably a dumb question, but I know each module is unique in terms of mechs\design and figured the packaging for each module is custom to account for the uniqueness of each module, so I didn't know if I could just set in the Weird Al module face up in the Heist box and if that would possibly damage any mechs on the bottom side or if I should put it sideways so not mechs get potentially damaged?

Thanks for the help.

#2629 1 year ago

Thanks everyone, got Heist installed and Weird Al in the box, that was a workout.

So does this look lined up?

It feels like the front of the module module isn’t fully level\flush as I can see the bare wood even though the locks on the side engaged. I've tried readjusting several times, but they pretty much slide in only one way.

Also the right orbit guide rail sticks out vs. the left side where it’s more flush.

I wanted to confirm before turning on and testing, but I did remember to move the balls in the trough.

Thanks for the help again.

IMG_1420 (resized).jpegIMG_1420 (resized).jpegIMG_1421 (resized).jpegIMG_1421 (resized).jpegIMG_1422 (resized).jpegIMG_1422 (resized).jpegIMG_1424 (resized).jpegIMG_1424 (resized).jpeg
#2630 1 year ago

Ok, took a chance and so far it plays fine.

On caveat though….every time I shoot the right orbit, it goes SDTM, is this normal or expected and should I be prepared to nudge?

I ensured my machine is level unless I need to re-level when swapping playfields.

Apologies for all the questions.

Thanks

#2632 1 year ago

Yeah, the left side is flush but every and I mean every right orbit shot goes straight down the middle so no clue other than to bend it outwards but that doesn’t seem right.

My crane also doesn’t want to pickup the ball from the wire form, it tries over and over and then looks like it jams and picks it up, but then does nothing with it, see videos at link below.

Anyone else have this happen, do I just reset it or something?

I did try calibrating and did the first part but it wouldn’t allow me to do the 2nd part and I couldn’t get the crane to go close enough to the ball on the wire form to pickup.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-AoSExFWrzn4O9TmnRmvgX0XPCn2z09W

#2634 1 year ago

Have you calibrated your crane yet? That's what I would try first.
Also are you a member of the discord group for Multimorphic? Much more active over there and you'll have more people looking and helping with problems. There is a very detailed guide on helping you troubleshoot the crane on the multimorphic site:
https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Heist

Thanks, yeah I just tried and the 2nd stage wouldn’t work, updated my post above.

Will take it over to the discord once I read the support info, thanks for linking, and will stop detailing this thread, sorry about that everyone.

#2636 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

If you center the crane in diagnostics, and touch a ball to the crane does the led change color and the switch register? Mine did something similar and the pin in the center of the magnet wasn't long enough to register that it had the ball. Had to adjust the pin length and it's worked fine since.

It registers hits for the other modes where it doesn’t pickup a ball.

I’ll go through the support pages and then post in the Discord if I can’t get it calibrated correctly, but still not sure if I should bend the left guide rail out towards the playfield to prevent those SDTM. I’ll also watch more gameplay to see how others machines behave.

Thanks

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I'm talking about the bottom magnet. Hold the ball there as if it's being picked up. There is a pin that gets pressed by the ball so it knows the ball is there. See if that triggers a switch. The front switch that the ball hits is different.
That might not be it, but the video looks similar to what mine was doing.
Not sure what to do about the orbit. Mine returns to the flipper.

Thanks for the clarification and once the little one goes to bed, I’ll have some time to tinker.

Which flipper does your left orbit (when shooting the right) return to?

#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

The wheelman returns to my right flipper. The demolition expert returns to my left flipper. I can catch the right flipper. The left flipper gets hit a little further towards the tip than the right flipper.

Thanks, I just watched Kevin’s video again (probably like the 20th time LOL) and his also goes towards the tip of the left flipper when exiting the left orbit (Wheelman). I was afraid that’s the case as mine is flush and I don’t see how I could bend it back or towards the left of the cabinet.

1 week later
#2671 11 months ago

Does anyone know if it voids your warranty if you install the PinMonk silent power supply fan?

Thanks

#2674 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

On one hand, I'm super nervous about any electrical mods and don't like the idea of adding most of them. But despite all the talk of "mods void warranties" I'm pretty sure the manufacturer (in any industry) has to prove the mod caused an issue for them not to cover it. I'm not a lawyer and have no direct experience with this, so if someone HAS had direct experience I'm happy to hear about it.

Yeah I’m fine if it voids the warranty of just the PSU, but didn’t know if it would cause any issues with MM’s 2 year warranty as that’s the LAST thing I wanna do, but I’ve done several PinMonk PSU fan swaps for other manufacturers’ machines, so it’s pretty easy but those didn’t have a warranty.

I’ve seen some use the below PSU as it’s a silent one but that’s expensive even for me for just a little less fan noise:

https://www.pinballlife.com/48v-fanless-power-supply-for-spooky-games.html

#2676 11 months ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Is your fan loud? I put the PinMonk fan in my Elvira HOH because that sounded like a jet taking off. My P3 is right beside it with the stock fan and I don't hear any difference between the two machines.

Not as loud as the Stern’s, but noticeable and was just curious.

It’s not a problem, just figured I’d ask.

9 months later
#3478 75 days ago

I know MM doesn’t really like when people mention or ask for two stage flipping, but I do feel it would be great to at least have the option as while I get in theory, controlling lower and upper flippers independently makes sense and would seem better or more intuitive, but not giving an option to play how “they” are more comfortable with and how it’s been done in 50+ years is an oversight in my opinion, especially given the remarkable modularity and customization available with the P3, seems like it wouldn’t be extremely difficult to create\implement. I know they had\have an option in the settings to control multiple flippers with one button, but this does decrease the power and sometimes the ability to make shots.

I like what Gerry and team are striving to do, but the impression I get from hearing past discussions and remarks about stage flipping and how the P3 button layout is, makes me feel like if I don’t want to use more than one button for flippers and prefer the more traditional method, I’m just not smart or skilled enough to play on a P3.

A Pinsider did create his own solution for two stage flipping, so it is possible:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/51#post-7606729

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/51#post-7607873

I’ll probably get downvoted and that’s fine, but I briefly owned a P3 and would definitely like to own another one again if this can be an option. I did get used to using multiple fingers, but it wasn’t comfortable for me and was awkward when going back and forth between my other traditional machines.

I also commend Gerry for making those changes and updates to the build process, components and quality control.

2 months later
#3634 26 hours ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

KevInBuffalo could you stream Hoopin' It Up? I can't find a single video of it on youtube.

I found this one:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (OBO)
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,499 (OBO)
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=pinball_eddie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.