AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg
20240125_212102 (resized).jpg
20240125_212050 (resized).jpg
IMG_2174 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 72.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Possibly the most under-appreciated game in all of pinball. There literally isn't another game with as much mode diversity. Great use of the walls/scoops and the virtual targets in certain modes. I love the nods (whether intentional or not) to AFM. The alien modes are like killing saucers and the lights out multiball reminds me of AFM's strobe multiball. I can understand if rednecks turn you off, but the voice acting is better in Lexy than Heist.
Congrats!

Wow! And I got my CCR today too!! Wooooo

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow! And I got my CCR today too!! Wooooo

Buy RitR immediately. Best bang for the buck on the P3. bingopodcast crushed it. Super fun.

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Buy RitR immediately. Best bang for the buck on the P3. bingopodcast crushed it. Super fun.

Haven’t had a chance to install yet but if I recall correctly there was a giveaway of RitR when Nick did his release ... I believe Mr Silver picked my name out of a hat (er, figuratively).. which went a tiny bit into my decision. But you guys are making me wish I bought Lexy too! Maybe in a Few months

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Haven’t had a chance to install yet but if I recall correctly there was a giveaway of RitR when Nick did his release ... I believe Mr Silver picked my name out of a hat (er, figuratively)

The giveaway was for a time-limited demo of RITR - I wanted to try giving a demo as part of the reveal, but the users I kept selecting posted that they had purchased! A good problem to have, for sure.

I PM'd you for the email to send it to! There's a whole weekend ahead of you at the moment.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Quick question: has the code been updated significantly from the one seen in the YouTube video(s) I've watched? Because while I think that it captures the theme pretty well...I did find the long, long pauses between things actually *happening* to be something that I wouldn't want to put myself through.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

I did find the long, long pauses between things actually *happening* to be something that I wouldn't want to put myself through.

Not every game is for everybody. There's nothing saying you have to like it! The main goal is to get a high score. You're totally in control of that at all times. The items/ghosts (which I assume you mean by things happening?), appear on a randomized basis from previous players. Those items help or hinder you (usually help) in achieving that goal.

As I built the game, my focus was on a game that required a lot of skill to achieve a large score - I also do not like games that require any waiting period to get the ball back into play, which fed into my decision to use the CCR layout for the game. Any time it hits a scoop, hits a hole, etc - a ball immediately launches back into play. I have the magnet assist set to fling the ball super quickly over to the left flipper from the ramp launch.

When you come across a ghost, a bit of audio plays to give you a heads up, and a warning flashes on screen. Several targets turn the same color as the ghost, and when you hit one on a (short) timed basis, a scoop pops up at random. Hitting that scoop on a (slightly larger) timed basis causes you to receive the item that ghost/player was carrying.

Two different multiball modes (one that I think is just about as hard to achieve as Black Hole's multiball - which I find to be one of the hardest multiballs to achieve), and several different unique effects unlocked by the various items you find.

But you're still trying to get a big score.

There are multiple high score tables to try to top, and a very unique wizard mode that was released as part of the 2.0.0.0 release. If you're a fan of roguelike games, there's also the excitement of cataloging the items and their effects.

I like challenging games with a lot of clear and concise options to play.

Hopefully that answers your question? Happy to discuss further if you like! And again, not every game is for everyone (and that's ok - maybe I'll get you with the next one?).

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

there's also the excitement of cataloging the items and their effects.

Thus far, I have not really cared about score. It’s been all about finding unique items and trying to figure out what they do.

My wife is a trooper. She plays games with me and puts up with all that comes along with having a large collection of nerdy man-toys. She’s a casual level player at best, and for the most part doesn’t care which games we play when we go to the basement for a night of adult beverages and pinball.

That said, she’s super into RitR (not at all to take away from how much I too love this game). The clear and concise objectives make it easy for even the most basic players to jump into. The music is amazingly selected and visuals set the mood. Using the CCR playfield was brilliant because of the LED light shows, but also because cranking combos at full speed makes it easy to lose the ball quickly. I definitely recommend people keep things set to 1-ball games. Drain and done is definitely part of the roguelike charm.

But beyond all that, we’ve totally nerded out and created a pen and paper log of the items we’ve found and what they do. We’re still far away from finding all the items and even farther away from knowing what they all do. For anyone who thinks this sounds interesting and fun, do yourself a favor and just play the game without watching streams. The magic comes in the hunt for items and their functions.

Will the game lose some of its appeal once we find/decipher all the items? I’m sure. But it will have been the best $150 I’ve ever spent in pinball.

#659 3 years ago

Not every game is for everybody.

Truer words were never written. And I think that I was pretty clear in my statement that I think you've done a great job in incorporating the theme you were trying to utilize (a roguelike) and its dystopian world and nature. I also indicated that, for me, it's just not my cup of tea, if indeed tea is something I want to be drinking in the first place.

I guess my main difficulty is in the idea (and again: this is true to form for the theme) that few things are actually changeable by the player, or that the player, through selective shooting, can alter the way things score or how things play. They're just *static*, for the most part, and in many ways the scores of this game change even less than EMs of yesteryear, in that even with those, completing drop target banks or standup banks or what-have-you, would allow for increased scoring or awards here and there on the playfield. You could count on those reliable ways of trying to boost your scoring if that's how you wanted to play (and indeed, that's really how they were designed/intended to be). With RITR, all scores remain static at all times, except when ghost items are collected which help (sometimes in a timed fashion) boost scores in certain areas, but the player must always *WAIT* for ghosts to appear, hit a target to raise the scoop, then shoot the scoop, and *hope* that the item will allow for bigger scoring, a better scoring opportunity in the form of multiball, etc. There's no set way for the player to get multiball going on their own, by making certain shots, target banks, etc. There's no self-starting, really...it's all timing-dependent, sort of ethereally "out there", never knowing when/if it will appear, and if it will help you (which to be fair, as you've stated, it usually does). Still: it's the inability to self-start better things that sticks in my craw a bit.

You know, allowing for the side targets to be completed to light locks? Allowing for them to multiply scores? Those kind of things?

And again, I understand: we're kind of hamstrung on the theme, because that's kind of the *nature* of the roguelike...exciting self-starting success isn't necessarily a part of the show. It's hard for me to rail too hard against it because you're basically nailing the theme on the head. I'm kind of left shaking my head, not because you've necessarily made a bad thing at all, but because you've made a thing that would be bad for *me*. And who am I? I'm a guy who isn't into roguelikes! Is it fair that I should be projecting my desires or likes on everyone else? Yeah, probably not...::sigh::, but I still kind of feel like I sort of need to, even if I darned well *know* that it's not really a thing made for me.

I've probably overthought it too much, and I'm *certain* that I've overtyped too much.

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

I think you've done a great job in incorporating the theme you were trying to utilize (a roguelike) and its dystopian world and nature

Thank you! And thanks for all the feedback.

Two quick notes - there is a way for the player to qualify locks by shooting the playfield, and full playfield multipliers are the only timed multipliers, and they can stack. The rest are semi-permanent.

All of that feeds into the risk/reward factor.

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Has anyone made a P3 playfield caddy similar to what crile1 's friend made?

Hey, I built a thing with some scrap wood I had lying around (had to grab some casters earlier this week).

Took a couple tries (I'm not a woodworker) first attempt was too large, but second attempt did what I expected.
Some small changes from the design above probably because I am bad at woodworking.

My games are too close together to slide in from the front, and I've also got something on the side preventing me from sliding in there, but I did manage to shove it under a game and it worked as expected. I can shoot some photos in the next couple of days.

Also put the finishing touches on the Unity portion of the last scene of my new game today, inching closer to playtesting! Just a couple more modes to write and then I can give it a go. Shooting for some pre-alpha excitement next weekend. I'm pretty excited about a rule we came up with today.

#662 3 years ago

Did the new rule have something to do with tacos?

#663 3 years ago

Tacos and P3 module storage. My idea of a good time!

#665 3 years ago

No tacos involved, sadly.

And do you feel *right* about that?

#666 3 years ago

Going to be streaming some of my new Lexy Lightspeed tonight! Live at 8 Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#667 3 years ago

Had a solid game one last night and I talked through rules as I went, so I highlighted it for YouTube. Give it a look if you want to learn the basics of Lexy!

#668 3 years ago

Had a solid game one last night and I talked through rules as I went, so I highlighted it for YouTube. Give it a look if you want to learn the basics of Lexy!

Man, great to watch. KevInBuffalo - your mastery of the key shots, especially that backhand shot to the right inverted rail/loop, is impressive. This shot has been my achilleas heal. I've got the left ramp down, but the right loop has been a challenge. Definitely need to master this to get as far in the game as you did.

Was hoping you closed this one out - I've come close, but am curious what happens once all missions are completed, all aliens are gone and all agents are down! So close...

Thanks for sharing.

#669 3 years ago

My pleasure! I'm glad I thought to log in with my profile before that game so I could save state it -- I'll probably go back to that spot and try to finish it out one of these days. That backhand to the right ramp is super early on the flipper, keep practicing and you'll get it!

#670 3 years ago

My pleasure! I'm glad I thought to log in with my profile before that game so I could save state it -- I'll probably go back to that spot and try to finish it out one of these days.

Doo eet! I want people to finally see the wizard mode and victory videos we did!

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Doo eet! I want people to finally see the wizard mode and victory videos we did!

ooooh -- man now I've gotta do it

#672 3 years ago

My pleasure! I'm glad I thought to log in with my profile before that game so I could save state it -- I'll probably go back to that spot and try to finish it out one of these days. That backhand to the right ramp is super early on the flipper, keep practicing and you'll get it!

Actually DIDN'T know you could save your game play at a given point. Definitely another cool takeaway from the video.

Assuming this is true on all P3 modules!? Left flipper start to access the feature I believe!?

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Left flipper start to access the feature I believe!?

The app needs a setting added in for this - it is called the 'feature menu' in your settings, but vast majority of apps have the menu now (if not all) - left flipper start is where you set up bluetooth connections and some profile functionality as well.

#674 3 years ago

Check the on-screen button legends... in attract mode after hitting a button and also before launching a ball in the game. LL-EE, CCR Career Mode, and Heist should all tell you what to do.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#675 3 years ago

Some pics of my very amateur build of a playfield cart and a bit about how it varies from the photos that were shown earlier. Whole thing stolen, hackishly, from @crile1's cart photos. Built it in about an hour with a circular saw, a drill, and an impact driver.

It fits under a Black Hole (which is the game with the lowest clearance to the bottom of the cab in my gameroom). It is just about narrow enough, if I had the room, to put under the P3 or any other standard body game. I might pull it in another inch on either side for the next one I make and keep the handle/siderails flush with the edge of the bottom structure.

The whole thing is mounted on 1.5" casters which allows it to spin in circles if I want. The playfield itself rests on the front corners under the plywood (not on the metal lock tabs), and the back sits on the structural 2x4s that run along the length of the cart, so it does not need to lean back (or forward). No wires are pinched on the corners, and the front handle sticks out far enough that the wireforms or ramps do not extend beyond the cart.

I've got enough wood to build another cart for my other playfields, so I'll do that at some point. Now the only trouble is keeping the dust off the playfields when not in game. Just have to swap each more frequently.

PXL_20210310_121648683 (resized).jpgPXL_20210310_121648683 (resized).jpg

PXL_20210310_121751999 (resized).jpgPXL_20210310_121751999 (resized).jpg

PXL_20210310_121816369 (resized).jpgPXL_20210310_121816369 (resized).jpg

#676 3 years ago

Made another one, here are the measurements and materials needed:

2x4s and 1x2s.

2x4s: 2x40in.
6x 9in.
2x 16.5in.
1x 19.5.

1x2s:
2x 19 14/16ths in.
2x 41.5in.

Need two size screws - 1.5in and 2.5in. Both either #6 or #8. I used #8.

--EDIT-- oh yeah, and 4x 1.5in casters - I used the screw type (4x screws), but initially wanted to use t-nuts and leveler-style screw casters. Either work, but the size limitation is such (CL playfield JUST clears with a few mm to spare) that it would be wise to use the same lower profile casters if you choose to do so.

I assembled with a circular saw, impact driver and corded drill. You can skip the impact driver if you like. I also had a sanding block to knock off splintered wood from being impatient and bad.

#677 3 years ago

Made another one, here are the measurements and materials needed:
2x4s and 1x2s.
2x4s: 2x40in.
6x 9in.
2x 16.5in.
1x 19.5.
1x2s:
2x 19 14/16ths in.
2x 41.5in.
Need two size screws - 1.5in and 2.5in. Both either #6 or #8. I used #8.
I assembled with a circular saw, impact driver and corded drill. You can skip the impact driver if you like. I also had a sanding block to knock off splintered wood from being impatient and bad.

P3 programmer by day...
P3 carpenter by night...

What *can't* bingopodcast do? That is the question.

Seriously Nick, thanks for the breakdown. I've been wanting to create something like this. If that slacker GERRY doesn't come up with something formal, that also covers the playfields from dust, then I'll definitely be mimicking your build.

#678 3 years ago

Stay tuned! More to come for this on dust protection.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What *can't* bingopodcast do? That is the question.

I'm sure there is a joke there somewhere; but I don't know him well enough yet.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm sure there is a joke there somewhere; but I don't know him well enough yet.

8 years on Pinside and you haven’t realized it’s totally acceptable (expected) to throw questionably appropriate jabs at people you barely know?

#682 3 years ago

Followed bingopodcast ’s plans and made myself a P3 caddy today. Slightly modified because I’m going to be using sliders instead of casters. This was test fit, I’m going to paint it black once it warms up a bit outside.

8D0A3153-E0E2-44BA-AAB7-3915EF238A63 (resized).jpeg8D0A3153-E0E2-44BA-AAB7-3915EF238A63 (resized).jpegBE90B56C-022C-43DD-8346-6C59F0852B6A (resized).jpegBE90B56C-022C-43DD-8346-6C59F0852B6A (resized).jpegBF511221-5504-474D-AFD1-B19CF3CE64B8 (resized).jpegBF511221-5504-474D-AFD1-B19CF3CE64B8 (resized).jpeg
#683 3 years ago

20210314_200441 (resized).jpg20210314_200441 (resized).jpg

No dust! Designed and sewed it today. Magnets in the skirt, but not attached to the frame of the cart yet.

I might sew handles into the top but it removes and can be replaced very easily as is.

I've only sewn manually before today (used to sew a bunch when I was younger), but I learned how to use a machine for this project.

15" tall, 21" wide, 42" long.

Material is poly backed canvas, and I doubled it up. Hopefully waterproof enough for a light shower or two at a show.

#684 3 years ago

Nice, clear plastic would also be cool for the cover, so you could still see the modules. Maybe a PETG box glued together. Vacuum formed would be awesome, but you would need one hell of a vacuum-former for something that big.

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Nice, clear plastic would also be cool for the cover, so you could still see the modules. Maybe a PETG box glued together. Vacuum formed would be awesome, but you would need one hell of a vacuum-former for something that big.

I was thinking similar — the canvas is nice as it is light and doesn’t take up space when removed but I do think some plexi glued/bracketed together with a top, sides, and front that slides over each Module (route channels for it in plywood) would look great as well. Could even do some custom graphic decal for each module on the plexi.

#686 3 years ago

Completed the paint job on my P3 caddy today. The furniture sliders still take some oomph to move but it’s better than without. Casters would definitely be easier to scoot around but this will work for now.

My cover is underway, will post pics once it’s complete.

6178E2AD-7C5E-4483-8685-0BC56A76B1AE (resized).jpeg6178E2AD-7C5E-4483-8685-0BC56A76B1AE (resized).jpeg8D4BF90E-4537-42F0-93D2-328AA7BB8D5D (resized).jpeg8D4BF90E-4537-42F0-93D2-328AA7BB8D5D (resized).jpegB1B253C3-CC2F-4AEC-9FEE-FF65C4B3C9F0 (resized).jpegB1B253C3-CC2F-4AEC-9FEE-FF65C4B3C9F0 (resized).jpegB927E107-1F50-4151-B7D9-92BAF003E660 (resized).jpegB927E107-1F50-4151-B7D9-92BAF003E660 (resized).jpeg
#687 3 years ago

Completed the paint job on my P3 caddy today. The furniture sliders still take some oomph to move but it’s better than without. Casters would definitely be easier to scoot around but this will work for now.
My cover is underway, will post pics once it’s complete.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does this fit between the legs from the front? Do you have the height clearance to add casters instead? Did you use the measurements that Nick provided or figure out your own design?

#688 3 years ago

You guys are killing me.. Now I feel like I should get Lexy just so I can fill up a caddy! Maybe when one of the games has a code update

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Does this fit between the legs from the front? Do you have the height clearance to add casters instead? Did you use the measurements that Nick provided or figure out your own design?

This is using Nick's design, slightly modified because I'm using it on sliders and not casters. His original design allows for casters in the height, I'm on carpet though so sliding is easy enough.

Mine doesn't fit between the legs in the front, I'm sliding it in from the side, which is fine for now. i figure by the time I need space for more modules I can either build another and put them under the P3 sideways or stick some under Pirates or Hobbit -- or Multimorphic will have developed an official non-shipping-box storage solution by then.

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You guys are killing me.. Now I feel like I should get Lexy

DOOOOO it!

#691 3 years ago

-- or Multimorphic will have developed an official non-shipping-box storage solution by then.

So THAT’s what the NDAs were all about!

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If that slacker GERRY doesn't come up with something formal, that also covers the playfields from dust, then I'll definitely be mimicking your build.

To be fair, Gerry would probably prefer we store each playfield in a P3, however I don't think many of us are in a position to do that.

#693 3 years ago

Sorry for the off-topic, but there's not a lot of people around with knowledge of this system. If anyone might be able to help me with an issue on the Multimorphic P3-ROC on my Cosmic Carnival, I'd appreciate it! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade/page/8#post-6199313

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Multimorphic P3-ROC on my Cosmic Carnival, I'd appreciate it!

Contact the MFG of Cosmic Carnival... They own customer support.
(Edit: self censor; stay positive)

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Contact the MFG of Cosmic Carnival... They own customer support.

The manufacturer went out of business.

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The manufacturer went out of business.

Then why ask Multimorphic?
i wouldn't ask ARM to debug a Stern CPU board if they went out of business.

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

why ask Multimorphic?

Because Multimorphic makes the P3-ROC and VALIS666 is searching for help.

If you're unable or unwilling to help then keep quiet.

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you're unable or unwilling to help then keep quiet.

Look, dad... Thanks for your opinion.
This isn't a multimorphic problem. The fact that you think it is ... Is a problem.
Don't tell me what to do, Pops.

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

This isn't a multimorphic problem. The fact that you think it is ... Is a problem.

Mmmm, you are being obtuse, though. If the OS was developed by Multimorphic, they may be able to help since the manufacturer is out of business. It's a solid place to refer the OP to.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

This would have been one and done post where I'm reaching out to people who might know something about a board that doesn't have a lot of information on it out there, compared to most pinball where there's a wealth of information to read when troubleshooting. But instead of one and done we're now up to eight posts because you keep bringing it up. Feel free to PM me if you want to argue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bath, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 72.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.