FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 73.
#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Al has arrived just in time for Christmas…[quoted image]

Woot woot! Enjoy!

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

What a gift! Congratulations!!

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Plays better without that strap around the head!

Congrats and welcome to the family!

#1804 1 year ago

Debating on which module I buy after I sell party zone or tmnt pro. I haven’t had a chance to play them. We have kids that are 8 and 10. Anyone have any recommendations?

I am thinking weird al or cosmic cart with sorcerers apprentice

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Debating on which module I buy after I sell party zone or tmnt pro. I haven’t had a chance to play them. We have kids that are 8 and 10. Anyone have any recommendations?

i think most would suggest Heist

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How much pinball do they play? Can they hit basic shots, flip one flipper at a time, generally understand high level rules (modes = hit the lighted shot)? Or more just flip away (which is fine obviously!). If the former I don’t think you can go wrong! My kids love weird Al songs (I started putting them on in the car/around house for few months before Wamoh arrived so then they felt like it connected to something they knew). I think that shots on Wamoh are more challenging than some other modules maybe with exception of Heist. My 9 and 11 love ROCs and Scoot scoot (and younger one likes Banyard but replayability is modest. The youngest plays Toy Story 4-5 days a week, multiple games). If your kids newer to pins then one of simpler layouts may be easy (adding on the add on games too).

#1807 1 year ago

This is new one- any ideas what happened/how to fix?

D26CAADD-076E-4486-AF06-B18E3FEC1A45 (resized).jpegD26CAADD-076E-4486-AF06-B18E3FEC1A45 (resized).jpeg
#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

i think most would suggest Heist

Ok, that’s the pin I bought so it will be here next week

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

[quoted image]

Reseat the display cables? Powered off of course…

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

How much pinball do they play? Can they hit basic shots, flip one flipper at a time, generally understand high level rules (modes = hit the lighted shot)? Or more just flip away (which is fine obviously!). If the former I don’t think you can go wrong! My kids love weird Al songs (I started putting them on in the car/around house for few months before Wamoh arrived so then they felt like it connected to something they knew). I think that shots on Wamoh are more challenging than some other modules maybe with exception of Heist. My 9 and 11 love ROCs and Scoot scoot (and younger one likes Banyard but replayability is modest. The youngest plays Toy Story 4-5 days a week, multiple games). If your kids newer to pins then one of simpler layouts may be easy (adding on the add on games too).

Thanks so much! They are decent but don’t play much. Maybe a couple times a month but can hit shots pretty well. I have heist as the base pin so might add weird al and those downloadable games

#1811 1 year ago

First two production modules of Drained shipped this morning! Serials have been digitally removed from this photo.

PXL_20221217_151839073~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20221217_151839073~2 (resized).jpg

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

First two production modules of Drained shipped this morning! Serials have been digitally removed from this photo.
[quoted image]

What is drained?

#1813 1 year ago

My new game for the platform.

I've made several games - Ranger In the Ruins which uses the Cosmic Cart Racing playfield module
Silver Falls for the Heist module
Flipper Foxtrot Rhythm Explosion for Cannon Lagoon,
And my first full playfield module, Drained.

If you would like to learn more, see: https://drainedpinball.com

#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

What event occurred before this?
Part of me wants to say software; power cycle game.
The other part of me wants to say loose display cables as suggested. Remove and reseat each end of the display cable.
Else; ticket for multimorphic crew.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

[quoted image]

Looks like the app loaded up without a solid video connection. Then when the connection recovered, it didn't provision the correct resolution. It'll stay like that until you launch and then exit an app. So launch System Manager, hit the right button a bunch of times to get the cursor down to the Exit option, and hit launch to Exit. Launcher will load properly again.

If it happens again, double-check the video connection into the display and in the backbox to make sure they're seated firmly.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Looks like the app loaded up without a solid video connection. Then when the connection recovered, it didn't provision the correct resolution. It'll stay like that until you launch and then exit an app. So launch System Manager, hit the right button a bunch of times to get the cursor down to the Exit option, and hit launch to Exit. Launcher will load properly again.
If it happens again, double-check the video connection into the display and in the backbox to make sure they're seated firmly.
- Gerry

Yup! That worked! Thank you! I also swapped my first module- added CL. Very easy!! For anyone new I watched the 4min MM video. Couple latches, use the handles and pull up. So I only have two modules so far (Heist and CCR on order) but Wamoh is prob the heaviest (it seemed like half the weight of CL!). Man this system is so cool.

Have an issue though- with CL none of the vuks are able to get it up onto wire forms. Not enough power (on cannon lagoon as well as gran slam rally). It just keeps launching then (looking down I see it getting maybe 20-80% of way up). 2 balls came up on CL out of like 40 vuk cool fires. Zero on GSL (although balls/pitches did get launched from orbits intermittently). I’ll send a ticket in unless anyone has a quicker solution. I did install latest module firearm and newest apps updated for two games.

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yup! That worked! Thank you! I also swapped my first module- added CL. Very easy!! For anyone new I watched the 4min MM video. Couple latches, use the handles and pull up. So I only have two modules so far (Heist and CCR on order) but Wamoh is prob the heaviest (it seemed like half the weight of CL!). Man this system is so cool.
Have an issue though- with CL none of the vuks are able to get it up onto wire forms. Not enough power (on cannon lagoon as well as gran slam rally). It just keeps launching then (looking down I see it getting maybe 20-80% of way up). 2 balls came up on CL out of like 40 vuk cool fires. Zero on GSL (although balls/pitches did get launched from orbits intermittently). I’ll send a ticket in unless anyone has a quicker solution. I did install latest module firearm and newest apps updated for two games.

Nice! I think I’m going to order weird Al. It would be my first module to swap.

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Sometimes when I drop the pf in, it doesn’t drop the front lip all the way. Is the wood flush with the scoop bank?

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Sometimes when I drop the pf in, it doesn’t drop the front lip all the way. Is the wood flush with the scoop bank?

Thanks. Yes it’s perfectly flush whole way across. The two side latches locked in perfectly too.

#1820 1 year ago

I laugh when people ask if they can turn off the attract mode audio because it's always due to the logo clip taking them by surprise. I *love* that clip! (and yes, there's an operator setting to turn off attract mode audio: Settings -> Audio)

Enjoy it!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com[quoted image]

Is there a way to disable the exploding Multimorphic attract sound? We turn up the volume so people can hear Weird Al, but when the attract mode kicks in… it’s cool… but LOUD!

Didn’t see a setting in the Settings -> Audio menu except theme music enable which is set to No.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Is there a way to disable the exploding Multimorphic attract sound? We turn up the volume so people can hear Weird Al, but when the attract mode kicks in… it’s cool… but LOUD!
Didn’t see a setting in the Settings -> Audio menu except theme music enable which is set to No.

YES! it scared me working at home down stairs lol. So in the game (per game) you open the coin door, go to Settings - > sound and you can turn attract sound off

#1822 1 year ago

Thanks man! Hadn’t yet realized there were individual game settings as well as the main menu settings.

I’m seeing a jittery scoring issue with the spatula opto pair. Thinking it may be a connector problem. We have re-seated it which temporarily fixed it, so we don’t believe the boards are faulty.

I know these types of connectors can be flaky after working with them in JJP WOZ 1.0 light boards. Luckily these aren’t in locations which get a lot of vibration, but I am skeptical of their long-term reliability.

92ECCE0A-683C-4145-97C6-BDA7D86D70FA (resized).jpeg92ECCE0A-683C-4145-97C6-BDA7D86D70FA (resized).jpeg

9E59B46F-9541-4149-90B7-924BA7A10D2B (resized).jpeg9E59B46F-9541-4149-90B7-924BA7A10D2B (resized).jpeg

#1823 1 year ago

…and just like that… Gerry already replied to my email with a fix for this issue. The optos on earlier Weird Al playfields were mounted a bit too far apart… and the solution to move them closer together is easy and well-documented for techs of all skill levels. Can’t beat that for an awesome level of service!

#1824 1 year ago

Their support is really excellent. Of note, those are JST connectors, and are actually very mechanically reliable if crimped properly - also of note, I've never had a bad crimp from Multimorphic's games.

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

…and just like that… Gerry already replied to my email with a fix for this issue. The optos on earlier Weird Al playfields were mounted a bit too far apart… and the solution to move them closer together is easy and well-documented for techs of all skill levels. Can’t beat that for an awesome level of service!

they fixed mine too! also had a spatula issue. The support is great! Glad you are getting yours fine tuned.

#1826 1 year ago

I'd like to take a moment and appreciate the P3's OTA updates. The usb update for the p3 was easy, and I was reluctant to go wifi... but man is that easy and so smooth. It also doesn't take long, looking at you stern. Thank you MM for making the BEST OTA pinball update in the industry Can't wait to see what new revolutionary thing you do in 2023!

#1827 1 year ago

VERY impressed with Weird Al and can’t wait to play the others! This is “the” breakthrough moment for the P3… absolutely love the concept and very happy to support this innovative platform in a public venue. Might have to buy a second for head-to-head play!

BTW how tight/loose do y’all set the outlanes? I have them at lowest post, and bumpers moved in about a washer’s width to mimic the other pins around here. Pretty good balance but might also try middle post with wider bumpers…

EE512F69-4559-45F5-A204-35F3EDC9E3EA (resized).jpegEE512F69-4559-45F5-A204-35F3EDC9E3EA (resized).jpeg

#1828 1 year ago

I am selling my WAMONH position for the P3 platform. I bought a spot back in April so this should be shipping at the end of January/beginning of February. I paid up $1500 so that’s what I’m looking for.
I am also selling my HEIST PF module. The crane had a ribbon cable tear so after sending it in to be repaired and installing it back in I can’t get it calibrated properly and I’m tired of fussing with it. $3k
I do have the HEIST cab artwork set.
PM me with any questions.
Thanks

#1829 1 year ago

That is a bit scary I love my heist can you say where the cable tore anything we could do to prevent this?
Thanks

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

That is a bit scary I love my heist can you say where the cable tore anything we could do to prevent this?
Thanks

On mine, the underside of the crane has 2 screws that backed out just enough to cause the crane not to be able to fully retract. This pinched the ribbon cable that goes along the underside of the crane and caused it to get chewed up. Mine was a at a show at the time and so luckily we noticed right away; no game-breaking damage. I got the screws back in and lock-tite’d and the crane still functioned. Happened on a handful of games I guess

#1831 1 year ago

I will check mine thanks.I also just don’t like plastic zip ties holding the ribbon against the Crain.

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I am selling my WAMONH position for the P3 platform. I bought a spot back in April so this should be shipping at the end of January/beginning of February. I paid up $1500 so that’s what I’m looking for.
I am also selling my HEIST PF module. The crane had a ribbon cable tear so after sending it in to be repaired and installing it back in I can’t get it calibrated properly and I’m tired of fussing with it. $3k
Thanks

Would they turn your weird Al into just a module sell? It’s 3 months out if I order one but hoping to Get one sooner if possible. I have the heist pin and I’m waiting for deposit on party zone so as soon as that happens I planned to order weird Al

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will check mine thanks.I also just don’t like plastic zip ties holding the ribbon against the Crain.

Even if they look tight, I HIGHLY recommend removing them and adding lock-tite. There's only a couple of screws, will save you tons of headache down the road

#1834 1 year ago

Thanks

Oh that’s too bad. TJ from MM did a video call with me to dial in my crane and it works great now.

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Would they turn your weird Al into just a module sell? It’s 3 months out if I order one but hoping to Get one sooner if possible. I have the heist pin and I’m waiting for deposit on party zone so as soon as that happens I planned to order weird Al

You would take over my spot and pay the rest when the module is ready to ship.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh that’s too bad. TJ from MM did a video call with me to dial in my crane and it works great now.

Ya been there, done that. Even had help from another super duper helpful pinsider and I’m over it haha. It’s just not meant to be when you spend all your time trying to fix something that was no fault of my own. No biggee…moving on from it.

#1837 1 year ago

You would take over my spot and pay the rest when the module is ready to ship.

If we can get that all confirmed with multimorphic I would do it especially if it’s at the lower locked in price! Let me know your thoughts

#1838 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If we can get that all confirmed with multimorphic I would do it especially if it’s at the lower locked in price! Let me know your thoughts

I sent an email to confirm all that and will get back to you when they do. TY

#1839 1 year ago

. It’s just not meant to be when you spend all your time trying to fix something that was no fault of my own. No biggee…moving on from it.

Then your getting out of the hobby all together?
Seems like a really weird stance and every other manufacturer is going to have the same issue with out going quality having to be fixed by the end user

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Then your getting out of the hobby all together?
Seems like a really weird stance and every other manufacturer is going to have the same issue with out going quality having to be fixed by the end user

I never said that. My P3 isn’t going any where either. And it’s not a stance…it’s a decision. It’s just an issue I’m letting go of…just don’t have the time to fuss with anymore.

#1841 1 year ago

I am sorry you can’t get the cool Crain fixed I am surprised that MM did not adjust it when they fixed the ribbon.,I love Crain multi ball and the siren.Heist is my fav of all of the modules and I have them all.

#1842 1 year ago

We're going to do a deep-dive into the technology and functionality of the P3 on Twitch next week. We'll hit a lot of topics new owners should appreciate, and we'll also answer as many questions as we can.

We all know the P3 is different from other machines, but don't let that intimidate you. Servicing most things is actually easier than on traditional machines.

Thursday 12/29 @ 2pm CT. We'll also archive it on youtube.

- Gerry
Twitch Tech Demo HD_R (resized).jpgTwitch Tech Demo HD_R (resized).jpg

#1843 1 year ago

We're going to do a deep-dive into the technology and functionality of the P3 on Twitch next week. We'll hit a lot of topics new owners should appreciate, and we'll also answer as many questions as we can.
We all know the P3 is different from other machines, but don't let that intimidate you. Servicing most things is actually easier than on traditional machines.
Thursday 12/29 @ 2pm CT. We'll also archive it on youtube.
- Gerry
[quoted image]

Got your email that you guys are expecting to launch 2 new titles next year, as well as several mini games. This would put you down for more scheduled releases than any other manufacturer! Congratulations!

Can't wait to get my Weird Al!

#1844 1 year ago

So when do we start getting some hints for the next game like y’all did with Weird Al?

Too early for an early Christmas present?

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

So when do we start getting some hints for the next game like y’all did with Weird Al?
Too early for an early Christmas present?

who says they haven't already started?

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, that’s the pin I bought so it will be here next week

Wait you just now ordered Heist and expect it in a week or so? I paid back in September. Maybe I need to send an email

#1847 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Wait you just now ordered Heist and expect it in a week or so? I paid back in September. Maybe I need to send an email

No, I bought mine used and it was a week to deliver it. I’ll pick it up on Tuesday from fed ex

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

who says they haven't already started?

Or we can hold our breath until we turn blue

#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Or we can hold our breath until we turn blue

Smurfs confirmed.

#1850 1 year ago

If it's Smurfs, I sure hope I get to play as Gargamel and gather up those annoying blue critters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
8,499 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,999 (OBO)
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.