IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (6 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#722 3 years ago

I just swung by SevenEightyRacer 's house and played P3.... I'm not sure how I tilted Heist as the cab never moved... damn it. heist was sooooooo fun, awesome, and addicting. But out of no where ranger in the ruins , that damn game had me pushing start OVER AND OVER. I didn't get to spend more than 2 games on cosmic kart and lexi, which sucks but Yup.... need to sell this ac/dc so I can join this club

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Um, yes please![quoted image]

Yeah, I cannot wait to see the new pf and music/theme/mechs.... waiting succkkkkks :-p I'll just watch your streams of p3 until then

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can anyone tell me where in the podcast this discussion is? I jumped around and found a discussion about Scott getting a P3, but they didn't mention his involvement in an upcoming game. I've heard lots of Scott on other podcasts talking about TNA, etc., so I didn't really plan on listening to the full 2+ hours. But I'd love to hear what he says about his P3 involvement.

I don’t have the time stamp, but it was at/near the end

3 weeks later
#748 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Just put up the website for my next game for the P3... inching closer to release. Any detectives out there that can sniff out the domain?
If you think you know it, PM me and I'll send you a small prize if you're correct.

I can't think of what it is! Excited to see what it will be!

1 month later
#752 2 years ago

Those carts need steel plays for the apron magnets and holders for the plastics

2 months later
#757 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, i'll just use the boxes, but read the whole thread including all the pages asking Gerry to do storage solutions. Just seems that it would be a 2 birds one rock thing for Multimorphic is all and hadn't seen the case idea mentioned.

people have made carts to put 2 pf's on and it can roll under the game(s)

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:Ooof. Well it will be worth it!
I’ve been going crazy playing Grand Slam Rally lately, super simple game but that’s kind of the point. I would never buy something like Slugfest and lose a spot on the floor for a deeper game, but I really like playing it. Now that’s pretty much solved!

Ya!!! Great to hear! I have the CL playfield and want GSR! I feel like it would be a good party game too. Maybe play for dollars

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Do I need voodo glass on these games?I have it on all my games but this one not sure?
Thanks

I haven't noticed any glaring glare. However I think how you play and your room/environment also come into play.

Quoted from rockrand:

I hope you guys are correct about this system,I just bought the whole shebang ,system with all games ,it was a lot of money and I am a little worried having never played one!

Once I played heist and Ranger in the Ruins...I was really into it. Everyone obviously likes different things, BUT, with the amount of different games out now plus what is coming soon. and in the future, there is something that you will like!

1 month later
#831 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email! Got my email!

Wait, which email? that something huge shipped?

2 weeks later
#860 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just got an email from Gerry. My P3 is on it's way down under!

Yaaaaa buddy!!!!

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

At least he knows it won't be peeling, chipping and devaluing itself that way
Plus he'll be dealing with a company that appreciates the support and loves their customers. Very wise decision.
Thanks too Gerry for the simple instructional videos, just watched all 16 of them. Who else in pinball makes a video to tell their newbie customers how to take the glass off?
Really looking forward to supporting Multimorphic into the future and showing the game off to as many people as i can.

Yeah the wiki and support docs are A+!
Also all the helpful owners. My gosh, I’ve had so much help from people when I had questions. Love the community because it feels like a community.

Won’t you be my neighbor!?

1 week later
#878 2 years ago

Heck yes!!!!!! Almost there

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Word is CCR+SA will be ready for me ... but I won't be able to pick it up until Friday.
Looks like a Mulimorphic weekend for me. :jazzhands:

And?

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Colour me happy.
[quoted image]

Yaaaaa!!! Heavy game isn’t it??

Hurry and set up!

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Dunno how heavy it os i lifted it off with the fork.
I'll set it up over the next couple of days, I'm going to play my mates Haggis Celts this morning, an hour up the road.

It didn’t tip the fork lift?

I was thinking of getting forks for my sub compact tractor but I swear the P3 would tip it

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Unplug and re-plug the 3 cables at the back of the playfield ASAP!

Yeah, pull playfield too service position 1 aka the bar rests on the apron thinger

1 month later
#958 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Quick question for P3 owners with more than one upper playfield module - with the bottom two thirds of the playfield remaining the same when switching over, how different do different games feel and play? Ie switching between the core games - Heist / Lexi / Cosmic Cart - do they feel similar or very different?

A local member did a show of the Lower 2/3 of most games are the same even with sterns etc. but with p3 yes much different, however, let’s say I have the heist of in, play heist and then play silver falls, which uses the same pf, plays totally different, same with CCR and ranger in the ruins. Same pf, but different games, play totally different. It’s one of the things I love, being able to keep a pf in, and switch to different mini games.

1 month later
#990 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

What are the warranties like on these? Saw someone was having issues with their Heist crane and wondered how often these modules needed worked on/parts replaced.

the community is ultra knowledgeable and helpful too. Plus their support site has tons of documentation and YT videos for things.
While it is pinball and things go wrong... they are pretty quick about getting someone up and running; even doing video calls to help understand. Probably the most helpful and customer supporting companies I've seen.

Also if a pf is beyond your repair, it can be shipped back to MM and it is only in a small box vs full pallet/frieght.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I guess a couple of servos went bad in their Heist crane. I don't see any servo parts in the Multimorphic store. Does anyone know where to find these servos and what they run price wise?

You’d just need to contact MM directly and they’ll work with you.

2 weeks later
#1012 2 years ago

oh, interresting. let me look in my p3 head, but i would just "hand" tight

#1014 2 years ago

Nope, totally normal as that bracket has to stay off the cab to allow the head and bushing to rotate

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from tjw998:

That is how it is designed. The tabs on the front door are supposed to be near the lock bar receiver, but they don't need to be contacting it. The wooden sides take the weight of the chassis when in the playing position.

yup yup!

1 week later
#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:KevInBuffalo I just wanted to let you know that you are 100% responsible for getting me to take a chance on a P3 and order up Weird Al plus Heist. I only got to play a P3 once, at Expo many years ago (before they were shipping even I think) and at the time it just seemed too weird. I honestly (and sadly) ignored them up until now. Weird Al being announced peaked my interest, so I figured I would look for some streams. I found your Heist video, and became seriously intrigued. Your overview vid of the system was great as well, along with the other games. But man that Heist...I kind of fell in love with it and feel bad about sleeping on it so long. Feels really wrong "blind buying" this expensive of a system, and making a sacrifice or two in the collection to do it, but I think it will be worth it. Thanks for the great streams and doing what you do! Hope to flip a few with you some day (come up to MGC!!)!

yes! Ryan, SevenEightyRacer , said and did the same thing. Kevin's videos were a major factor in taking the jump. THen once ryan had it, I played it and was sold on the platform. I dream of making games, but with little kids and projects all over, I had to back burner it...but I still would like to dabble in the game making for the p3! I mean...it's free, how can you not :-p

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry if I missed it, but can these support a shaker motor?

I thought you could.....but the sub hits pretty much feel like a shaker, lol.

Quoted from fooflighter:

So how does the playfield hold up over time...Scratches, cloudiness?

the poly carb pf will scratch/scuff, but cleans easily and can even be polished. When the screen is on you don't see much for imperfections. The polycarb could be replaced if you want as well.

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I get a faint woodpecker noise through the audio about very 4-5 seconds when game audio is not playing, is this normal?

If you connect your game to wifi, the wifi and sound do do a dance of sorts, together. That is usually the random noise like that you'll hear, I think?

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I had it before the connect to wifi. Not bothering me just wanted to make sure it wasn't an indication that something was about to fail on the audio soon. I do have speaker wires coming off cabinet speaker for a sub, maybe that is the cause if it's not normal for most.

if wifi polls, it would do that some.
I did add a ferrite thing to the speaker wire and it helped quiet it down a little. but yeah. After I asked MM, it was a no issue.

1 week later
#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Question for Heist owners. Is there a setting somewhere to raise the jail gate upper limit to when it raises it stops at a higher level? Most of the time I shoot that shot with my right flipper it hits the bottom of the gate instead of going past it and into the hole.

let me look.......

EDIT:
start heist.
Open coin door
Press launch
Go to settings
Mechs
Diverters
Bottom is
Jail low
Jail high

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Well, I just won a Weird Al LE so I am officially in the Multimorphic club! I've been interested in these for a while but still haven't played one. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

You should verify, is this the LE kit (not the game just the LE add on) or the full P3 with game etc?
Congrats!

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from wise1919:

If it was from the Project_Pinball raffle, which I believe it was then yes it is the entire P3 machine with the Weird Al LE game kit!!
I provided the machines.

Oh , dang it! I read it wrong I should of bought tickets!!!!

#1139 2 years ago

Ya like, the sub acts as a shaker motor, beefy.

1 week later
#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Greetings everyone, hope all is well.
I will be joining the Multimorphic P3 club as I was able to order a Weird Al LE and looking forward to expanding my collection.
Question as this will be my first P3, does anyone recommend leg protectors on the outside or inside?
I figured due to the weight, they might already be on the inside, but watched some setup videos where some people used the hard plastic leg protectors on the outside vs. the metal Stern type.
I know usually the plastic sometimes rubs and damages the artwork, but figured I’d ask if anyone uses them or are they even needed since there’s no artwork behind the leg? I like to try to do as much as I can to prevent any unnecessary wear.
I couldn’t find anything from searching the main P3 threads as initially I was also searching for plastics protectors.
Thanks for the help and again excited to be a part of the group.
Stay safe

I’m not sure if they changed but my cab last year did not have protectors. However I put these metal ones on all my games. But there is no art to wreck, just black cab at the legs

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

#1177 2 years ago

Another sweet upgrade setting. All flippers on one side can be activated by that one flipper button.

1858B0EE-64EC-4C56-BA79-F120AD29EB68 (resized).png1858B0EE-64EC-4C56-BA79-F120AD29EB68 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#1213 1 year ago

What does the upper flipper do in rocs? I thought the walls were up the whole time

#1218 1 year ago

Ohhh dang I forgot the upper flipper was below the wall.

1 month later
#1234 1 year ago

Was able to snag CCR and Lexi from a friend. So pumped to play these! P3! gotta collect them all!

1 week later
#1253 1 year ago

P3 glass is standard size BUT! Is beveled on all sides. Feels so good handling… small but nice

3 weeks later
#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I wasn't calling you stupid. But I do have people try and tell me that P3 is a virtual machine. And I have to go through the long speech on how it's real pinball with a moving playfield. Wasn't referring to you.. I was directing that, at the people who have never seen P3, totally disregard it, and swear up and down that it's a virtual pinball machine. And I have to have lengthy arguments with, and tell them they have their head up their ass.

Neo what games do you have now?! I always look at the MM shop...and then say..well I didn't buy stuff this week and buy a digital game hahahha.

#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have Weird AL, CCR, Heist and Sorcerers apprentice.

NEO, no barnyard? Ranger in the ruins is a fun game as you always have the 1 more game feel.

#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have to say, I was really glad to get the Lexy playfield - I got that one last, but it shoots really well. I'd love to see a graphics overhaul to that game some day (anniversary edition?) but the game overall is a great way to show off a lot of the unique P3 features; it's recognizable as a pinball game, and it's fun!

I also acquired a Lexi and ccr pf recently and really enjoy the Lexi gameplay. Annnnd rhe multiball Lexi game is a fun battle against friends.

I’ll have to spend more time on hoops, but I’m surprised there aren’t more games on the Lexi pf.

#1304 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I ended up playing Lexi more than anything else at TPF and just added it on to my order!

sweet! what other playfields did you get?

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I need more time on Ranger in the ruins before I decide to go that route.

Go bug turbogfx7

Quoted from Tsskinne:

CCr heist Lexi weird Al

Yaaaa!!! You are stacked. Do you think you ever have the p3 at home or only on route?

Quoted from bingopodcast:

There's one more, but you'll have to go to the York show to play it. (Quest For Glory)

I hope they get back to you at some point! So you can release it

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Come on over and play more Ranger In the Ruins

Just wait until you have to kick him out and he says “one more game” hahahah

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Yeah, doesn't Nick have a module pretty far along in development? Pretty sure that's what his thread is about. He has mini games out now for existing modules like ranger in the ruins

Yes, drained

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-module-join-me-in-development

#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thanks. I knew of Nick's mini games but wasn't aware of this. I'll have to get caught up.

YA! he is on a roll! It is pretty awesome to see someone make digital games and a full playfield module.

#1336 1 year ago

Played a few games today! Trying to dial in the spiral ramp off the upper left flipper and right ramp off the lower right. Uhf multiball is so hard to lock and start when not having it start off the mystery award

#1342 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

And Sonic will never appear on Nintendo.

That didn’t happen until sega stopped making hardware, right?

#1344 1 year ago

Yes... so by that logic... RAZA module confirmed!

At least MM would have to approve it was ready before release lol

#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from twitami:

Lol, fyi I have had my unit a while and had as issue with it not booting up. After a bunch of stupid looking around and stuff, figured out it was a dead CMOS battery...lol.

oh good catch! ya, it is a normal pc motherboard, with what a cr2032?

#1377 1 year ago

Per official statement

“There is no change to our 5% discount offer for purchasing additional game kits with a P3.”

So if you buy a p3 and also buy more modules with it. Sounds like that’s the discount.

#1380 1 year ago

Bye bye money

Also related to pricing, ROCs (by Multimorphic) and Grand Slam Rally (by 86 Pixels) are now $199 in the Multimorphic store (https://www.multimorphic.com/store/). This represents a $200 price decrease for each and brings them both more in line with pricing of other P3 mini-games. ROCs is a fast-paced, shoot-em-up-style add-on game that works with any P3 playfield module, and Grand Slam Rally delivers a Pitch-and-Bat experience on the Cannon Lagoon playfield module.

#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My machine is on location and on Wednesday nights we put a lot of our games on FREE PLAY. With the obviously large cost of the P3 I can't really afford to do that with this specific machine so what I decided to do is run the mini games on Wednesday nights. Last night was the first time we tried it and we used Barnyard at $.50 for 90 seconds of animal bashing fun. The reports I got back from the place were that people enjoyed it, next week we are going to give Shoot and Scoot a try.
Personally I'm really enjoying the machine, and the feedback from my casual playing customers has been more positive than I anticipated based on years of feedback towards P3 that it isn't "real pinball" from a lot of the hardcore pinball enthusiasts. It finished the month of July as my 3rd highest earning game trailing the leader by only $3. That was with the P3 only being on location for roughly 5 days of July. I know it is the hot new thing, but even my other hot new things in the past haven't earned that well.
Anyway for any of those looking to put their machine in public I just wanted to share my experience so far. Also for any minor issues I have had the P3/Multimorphic team has been excellent in communication and service. [quoted image]

You are a hero putting that on route for everyone to play! I can't wait to see what feed back is like when you get new modules for everyone to try!

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Al is the only one on the website that comes with a speaker panel magnet.
[quoted image]
Surely won't be long till the modders find P3 though.

Yup, if that is a magnet then people will make some new covers I bet, or mm

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

[quoted image]

Lol right. The first price hike since launch, I think. Yet everyone else hiked multiple times. Wrong thread :-p

1 week later
#1431 1 year ago

Just wait until more playfields come!

It is so fun to have so much variety in game choosing

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

I'm surprised to see the button box protruding on the side of the cabinet. I'd like to hear what people that actually played the machine have to say about that?

First few times you play, it seems odd to have the button box. But the buttons need to be out as the screen/pf system is in the way. Once you play the p3 and get used to it, it is not even noticeable. Also having the 3 buttons for upper flippers, lane change etc makes playing easier. So instead of flipping to change inlanes you can just press a button and not have to flip a flipper. I have my game on upper flippers are the separate white button, I converted to all flippers on red button and I can't get used to that.

So much control and settings available for customization.

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Got invoice today- machine shipped! (WAMOH, Heist, CCR, + SA). I’ll never need another pin again. Ok that’s a blatant lie…but still I’m pretty freakin excited!

SWEET!!!! SOOON SOON!!!

#1466 1 year ago

I’ve seen two modules sold on their own on pinside since owning a p3 (about a year). And I’ve bought two used ones from a friend. More owners will mean more sales of modules however the p3 platform is nice to have multiple modules for game value, but some owners may not enjoy the games on that module

1 week later
#1498 1 year ago

I brought my P3 to 2dcon and also tna, among others, but one night, only the p3 and tna were on. TNA was blasting away and I threw on ROC's (weird al pf) for some double Scott Danesi music fun. Pinball dance party!

#1515 1 year ago

Anyone know the folded height of a P3? Trying to figure if it will fit in my forester.

Huge. Lol. Won’t fit in most suvs. The pic Ed-209 posted is mint. Mine is still folded from 2d con so I could verify

#1543 1 year ago

Stupid question but I got to ask it. The P3 is a "thick girl"... even thicker than a Gottilieb System 3 when folded. Is it safe to transport the p3 on its side with (or without) the playfield module removed?
Thanks!

I used an open trailer to transport the game on pallet home, but the game fits in a truck bed of course. When I took the game to a show, I used a uhual enclosed trailer and left it standing up on its butt, strapped to the side. May be worth finding a method of transport so you don't have to tip it on its side.

#1546 1 year ago

Transporting it in a vehicle like this where it wouldn't fit otherwise. Gottilieb system 3s are narrower on their sides when folded.
[quoted image]

Had to do that with a Honda Pilot and gottlieb gladiators….

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Question: What size is the top slide-out glass? Standard body?

The playfield glass is standard. Stock is fully beveled, best feeling glass ever.
If you want the anti glare glass there are mixed reviews on the use because of the lcd screen under the pf

1 month later
#1632 1 year ago

Per Gerry's email
"Rather, our manufacturing and development teams are moving forward in parallel. With two full-featured Multimorphic game kits planned for release next year (and possibly more by 3rd-Parties), that means we'll be releasing future game kits with a fairly long back-order queue for machines. Existing customers and everybody who already has a machine order in queue will see the games well before people who wait until release day to order a machine, and we expect this trend to continue even as we look into growing our factory space."

2 NEW GAMES NEXT YEAR! Plus Nick's Drained, so 3 games!?! WHAAAAT...yesssssss

Also Gerry is expecting a child and that is amazing. Congrats Gerry!

1 week later
#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I think Heist is my fav and I own all of them ,the voice acting quality is of superior levels,hooked to a sub and I am a happy camper,great rules fun shots and the crane,like mr big says “I love that crane”

I just put heist back in to mix things up... freaking a, I forgot how good it is

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hey all- quick Q: have some buddies coming over for pinball tomorrow and of course Wamoh all the sudden has an issue. The playfield screen goes off and on randomly sometimes with a flip sometimes randomly. It stays on or off for random amounts of times. I raised PF tried to ensure connections were good but any suggestions? If have a pic of the connection I may be missing would be grateful. Thank you!!

Most likely as zitt says, a video cord plug is loose. Reseat both sides and screw tight!

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Thanks both. So the red and black one from the front underside of playfield to the HDMI in backbox is 100% connected. What else am I looking for?[quoted image][quoted image]

The pf monitor iirc is the dvi plug. This is the plug you’ll want to reseat

52C49F6B-D07C-4B88-9AE5-B4653431346A (resized).jpeg52C49F6B-D07C-4B88-9AE5-B4653431346A (resized).jpeg64DAAF60-001E-4DAA-BE8E-38B35740C4B4 (resized).jpeg64DAAF60-001E-4DAA-BE8E-38B35740C4B4 (resized).jpeg
#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Also just noticed that two gray ribbons- one marked “R” are not connected to anything. Assuming that’s not a good thing?[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a good question for MM support. Where does it come from and where is it near?

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Thank you! So it felt like I did the same thing 5-6 times but whatever it was has worked. Thank you for the help. I’m seeing the pf screen work without issue. This is my 2 buddies first time with wamoh and basically a P3 tomorrow so excited that it’ll be operational!

Quoted from tjw998:

The one with the [R] plugs into [J11] on that nearby PD-LED pcb and the one without the [R] plugs into [J7]. Just make sure to match the pin 1 side of the header (side with the red tracer wire the ribbon) with the pin 1 side of the connector on the PCB and that they are not of by a row or column of pins.
Those connect to the two side target LED boards.[quoted image]

Quoted from Zitt:

Pretty sure this poster here is TJ from Multimorphic; so I'd trust what he says.

Glad the screen is working! It is fun to see people experience the p3 and forget to even look at the pf screen to see what’s going on. Always a blast to swap playfields or games and they get to try something else that doesn’t play the same even though it’s potentially the same pf. Hope it goes well.

TJ is a beast with support the documentation at MM is insanely detailed.

If you haven’t already also make an account at the MM support site, there are lots of videos, documentation and you’ll be able to submit support tickets

1 week later
#1701 1 year ago

Go to support site
https://www.multimorphic.com/support

make a user so you can login

Then go to the tech info and documentation
https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/User_Manuals_and_Technical_Documentation

I know the servo wall/scoop was going to be updated soon. I remember talk of adjustment and guide on the discord.

#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My game is stuck and will not launch an app it just goes back to where it started to the Home Screen
.?

Did this just randomly happen and was working before?
Do you remember what version of software(s) you’re on?
Did you try rebooting

#1716 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Linux!
I think most people post a video on YouTube. I’m not sure if you can upload to the site directly any more

Ya I upload to YouTube and post the link. Usually leaving it unlisted but depends on what it is

2 weeks later
#1735 1 year ago

Back to killing germs!

1 week later
#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm getting a Weird Al LE(hopefully soon), is there any additional mechanical components for the base game I would ever need on a new game if I bought older game kits from others(Lexy, Heist, etc)? Or does having a new build cover me for anything on older games?

new weird al should have (as long as it was purchased, upper left) the upper flippers and side targets come with. All older pf's will just drop in and work. Weird al has all the gadgets that are needed to play everything.

1 week later
#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m getting a heist. Does anyone ever sell their modules? I never see them listed so I assume most keep them. Thinking about weird Al, CCR and sorcerers apprentice. I think you need CCr for that

About once a year you’ll see one or so for sale.

#1792 1 year ago

The game that is the module, comes with the module. Any add one games do not transfer, from my experience.

I bought CCR and Lexy used, I only got those two games. I had to buy the extra lexy game and SA

#1796 1 year ago

pretty soon you'll need a show room w/ just pf modules :-p

#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Al has arrived just in time for Christmas…[quoted image]

Woot woot! Enjoy!

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yup! That worked! Thank you! I also swapped my first module- added CL. Very easy!! For anyone new I watched the 4min MM video. Couple latches, use the handles and pull up. So I only have two modules so far (Heist and CCR on order) but Wamoh is prob the heaviest (it seemed like half the weight of CL!). Man this system is so cool.
Have an issue though- with CL none of the vuks are able to get it up onto wire forms. Not enough power (on cannon lagoon as well as gran slam rally). It just keeps launching then (looking down I see it getting maybe 20-80% of way up). 2 balls came up on CL out of like 40 vuk cool fires. Zero on GSL (although balls/pitches did get launched from orbits intermittently). I’ll send a ticket in unless anyone has a quicker solution. I did install latest module firearm and newest apps updated for two games.

Sometimes when I drop the pf in, it doesn’t drop the front lip all the way. Is the wood flush with the scoop bank?

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Is there a way to disable the exploding Multimorphic attract sound? We turn up the volume so people can hear Weird Al, but when the attract mode kicks in… it’s cool… but LOUD!
Didn’t see a setting in the Settings -> Audio menu except theme music enable which is set to No.

YES! it scared me working at home down stairs lol. So in the game (per game) you open the coin door, go to Settings - > sound and you can turn attract sound off

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

…and just like that… Gerry already replied to my email with a fix for this issue. The optos on earlier Weird Al playfields were mounted a bit too far apart… and the solution to move them closer together is easy and well-documented for techs of all skill levels. Can’t beat that for an awesome level of service!

they fixed mine too! also had a spatula issue. The support is great! Glad you are getting yours fine tuned.

#1826 1 year ago

I'd like to take a moment and appreciate the P3's OTA updates. The usb update for the p3 was easy, and I was reluctant to go wifi... but man is that easy and so smooth. It also doesn't take long, looking at you stern. Thank you MM for making the BEST OTA pinball update in the industry Can't wait to see what new revolutionary thing you do in 2023!

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I am selling my WAMONH position for the P3 platform. I bought a spot back in April so this should be shipping at the end of January/beginning of February. I paid up $1500 so that’s what I’m looking for.
I am also selling my HEIST PF module. The crane had a ribbon cable tear so after sending it in to be repaired and installing it back in I can’t get it calibrated properly and I’m tired of fussing with it. $3k
I do have the HEIST cab artwork set.
PM me with any questions.
Thanks

Oh that’s too bad. TJ from MM did a video call with me to dial in my crane and it works great now.

#1854 1 year ago

My almost 3 year old would like to put in a vote for Bluey

ya both mine would...hell I would too

1 week later
#1903 1 year ago

Delivery Question: Will they drop it in the garage?
My Weird Al and P3 has made it to the local ASBF terminal. I have not gotten the call for final delivery, but it could be as early as tomorrow. For those of you who have gotten these, did they drop it off at the curb or would they drop it off in the garage. I only ask because if my wife is there she can't bring it inside. I know they won't take it up stairs into a house, but just a street level garage.
Thanks and can't wait!

all depends. At my place they need a box truck w/ lift gate, and when that has come to my house they wheel it into my garage. if a semi has to come it would be at the end of your driveway. otherwise you'd pick it up at the terminal. those are the usual cases....

1 week later
#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am 63 ,6-2 and have a bad knee and hip ,I worry I will not be able to change playfields on a step stool for ever especially the heavy ones.

if the side of the game is fully open/accessible, and you can lift ~40lbs items chest high, it should be doable. Also you will have two hands on it. There is a handle in the back and front/middle of most modules.

I have a couch next to mine and man I think it doesn't help when kneeling on the arm...

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You only need space on both sides if you have someone help you with the modules. They are kind of heavy, and I’m tired after a show when I’ve been pulling them out and replacing every couple of hours. Likely that’s not how often you’ll do it at home, so you’re probably good to lift it out on your own. HIGHLY recommend using a step stool or something to stand on so you can get the clearance out of the machine. That’s the most challenging part of replacing the playfield IMO, more so than the weight.

yeah, having the PF above the machine w/o being up high deff makes my shoulders/arms tell me to hit the gym more lol.

How heavy is Drained?

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Got my new Heist speaker panel in so I had to try it all out. With six modules and two more coming this year, I need another P3.
[quoted image]

I don’t think I’ve seen the lit heist panel yet! Awesome!

#1989 1 year ago

mine might be a mm or two more up, but that seems about right

1 week later
#1999 1 year ago

The other pf modules may not be built by the time the p3 is. So those ship fedex ground. the game freight seemed about on par with all other games. For freight they usually ship by pallet size, destination and loading/unloading.

#2056 1 year ago

faster to build a pf module than an entire p3! oh and shipping is cheaper hahah

#2059 1 year ago

You know P3 is still the only pinball that can play vs online?! weird right :-p

#2063 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Which P3 games have that feature?

CCR - Cosmic cart racing has online vs play up to 4 players! I've played 1 game online vs Silver on discord. was fun to be playing and yelling at eachother like when you played mario kart 4player on n64 lol

1 week later
#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

What is the average wait time for a game to ship after being paid in full?

errr i thought it was within a few weeks? ship time is out of their hands but it should be close to ship if you pay

1 week later
#2100 1 year ago

Hard to link via mobile but Multimorphic website has a support side has a guide on this

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Does anyone have any thoughts/insight into the P3 Codename Carbon teaser?
(See thisweekinpinball.com.)
Not a lot to go on. Might be a TNA sequel...
- Mark

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023/page/4#post-7416547

#2141 1 year ago

Must be for the office?

#2151 1 year ago

Make a ticket for MM but sounds like a opto or switch doesn’t know a ball was ejected?

1 week later
#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Never mind I see it now. Should be flush.
Anyway vuks not working so can’t launch ball. Must be misaligned. I remember seeing some sort of adjustment post for the vuks. I’ll look for that

Do you hear the vuk fire? Also go into test and you can see balls and coils in coil test

#2243 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Thanks. Yes, they are definitely firing. And then the diagnostics I can fire them and I can see the balls virtually represented on top of the different vuks. I don’t think they are centered correctly or something because it’s hitting the edge or the wall on the way up.

Great video showing the process mrmikeman said

#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

My space in the production queue is coming up and I am trying to figure out which additional modules I should order next (I want them all but cannot afford them all at once).
Base order is for Heist! and I am in line for an FR eventually. Curious about which modules current owners recommend based on actual playing time & diversity of flow. Really trying to decide the order of WAMONH, CCR & LL. (CL is an eventual but not imminent order).
My current thinking is that CCR offers fast flow with a narrative option in SA and would offer the best contrast to Heist! Want LL, but no particular hurry. Played a prototype ages ago and was impressed enough to know I want to play/own the final product someday. WAMONH- I prefer original themes (exception: LoTR) and find all the dad band machines off putting, but would make an exception for Weird Al. Primary concern is recency bias- played JP on location (and Godzilla) and did not find their current rankings justified. Wondering if WAMONH is holding up even after the new module smell fades a little.
Drained! Absolutely want to play and likely willing to buy based on gameplay videos alone, but not yet. CL: want primarily for the pitch & bat add on but happy to wait a few years when I will have more free time.
I searched the forum before posting and have consulted past recommendations but am curious in people’s current ones since there have been new modules and more time to season the others.
Thanks!

What kind of games do you like?

LL is very normal pinball, has modes and they go together as such.

CCR is probably the Big Bang for the buck, with ccr online, ccr arcade and ccr single player. Then ranger in the ruins and SA. It has great flow, great light shows and one of the coolest ball locks.

CL - fun, good for kids and gameroom. Has the grand slam and flipper foxtrot.

Wa - packed packed with stuff. Multiple cool mechs.

If you like tna or hard 80’s games, I’d say FR and if you want something else ccr is probably the good one to start with as it has the most extra.

I haven’t played drained, I know I want it but need to save Pennies for all this new stuff! Love the mix of em, vampire and new game.

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Is there a forum for people buying/selling P3 base machines or modules?

Here and on the unofficial discord is a group

1 week later
#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Heist is currently in my machine, too. Heist is *awesome*! It is simple to pick up, but there is so much more game there than you might first expect. goldpins is the mastermind who implemented all those rules. Is it mastermind or hacker? I guess it depends if he's figured out a way to code games by spinner rips...

Just threw heist back in yesterday... DANG. so much harder than I always remember. When you start a person, then try to finish and get a mcguffin it is SO HARD to hit shots lol.

2 weeks later
#2542 1 year ago

Heist showed up and appears to be working 100% out of the box! Its really great knowing that if I have large issues Multimorphic can just have it sent back, repair it, and mail it back to me. Yeah the 3 week wait stinks but I didn't have to mess with it. I've only gotten a few games on it but so far the crane has picked up the ball, moved around as a target, and there are neat animations in it. I like it. I'm still partial to Weird Al but this one has a completely different feel to it. Pictures and a lame unboxing below.
As an aside I got the parts from Multimorphic I needed to fix Weird Al. I had to replace an opto and a receiver.
Steps to fix:
1. Send a log from the pinball machine when something didn't work (right orbit).
2. Open a ticket
3. Wait for parts
4. Remove module
5. Unplug opto wire, remove one screw
6. Replace opto
7. Replace wire, repalce screw
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for other side.
9. Replace module, play game.
Easy!

[quoted image][quoted image]

The weird al opto, was that the spatula one?

1 week later
#2618 1 year ago

After the eos upgrade I can’t back hand some ramps, so I’ve been upping power on a few games like Lexy and heist

1 week later
#2658 12 months ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Question about Lexy Lightspeed gameplay: when does the mini display on the module become active? I've played a couple games and it only displays a black screen with the multimorphic logo. I haven't played Lexy in a couple years but I thought that screen played an active role. Is mine acting normal? If not, any ideas on a solution?

I had this happen, it took re seating the Ethernet cable, but I had used a totally new cable, it fixed it, then for giggles tried the old and it worked.

#2660 12 months ago

What in the heck?!? Weird!!!

#2672 11 months ago

Does anyone know if it voids your warranty if you install the PinMonk silent power supply fan?
Thanks

I would think it would void any manufactures warranty.

1 week later
#2688 11 months ago

Cosmic Cart arrived in the mail! Woot!
No damage in shipping! Woot!
Plugged it in, fired it up and... vuks were misaligned like on Weird Al. Doh!
Went to remove it and adjust vuks and... it's physically jammed in and I can't remove the playfield.
Launched a trouble ticket, went to bed.
Woke up with an overnight answer on how to get the module out.
Opened it up, removed the module, slightly adjusted the vuk, its all lined up now.
Only got one game in so far so time can tell.
My only big regret in my purchase was getting the Weird Al as an LE. Having the topper on it for other games seems off. It does integrated into the Cosmic Cart with interactive lighting though.
Really sweet being able to play so many games on one table. I know there is DLC for this module but I'm going to wait a while before checking that out.[quoted image]

smells like it is time to schedule an online battle!!!!

when you are ready ranger in the ruins is that addictive game...quick ball times....sometimes and cheap relatively.

#2691 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, the "DLC" on the CCR playfield is Ranger in the Ruins. Best $150 you can spend in pinball. Super fun 1-ball mini-game.
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a FULL FEATURED game on the CCR playfield. And news flash...it's better than CCR. It's the best $500 you can spend in pinball.
None of these 3 games are my favorite game on the P3, but the sheer amount of quality content makes CCR an extremely compelling module that everyone should probably own.

waait, which is your favorite?

1 week later
#2740 11 months ago

The only thing with p3 glass, is it is bah whats the word, smooth? grinded? on all 4 sides. feels SOOOO good vs normal "stern" glass.

Also, damn that sucks and working on a new game does suck But I've had to fix a few things with my p3. It seems hard/complicated at first then after I'm like..wow that was easier than I thought. My stern foo fighters opto spinner broke and half the game has to come out.. so pissed. as it is also on route so doing that at a bar sucks. The p3 at least has some easy ways to get in and work on things, it is just so different so it may seem hard. I've dove into some things that I was thinking were going to be hours but didn't take too long once I actually dove in...But working on a game sucks when you just want to play instead of fix.

1 week later
#2761 11 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

CCR owners - what do you do with Cosmic Cart Racing? I like the idea of the races and avoiding crashes (drains?)- and having two different types of modes 1) more of a time or points or progress mindset (Arcade), and 2) career mode sounds really cool, and I like the idea of having upgradable engine tires, etc. But what are people going for in terms of targets/achievements? Not everything has to “be complete the six modes and achieve mini wizard, then achieve three multi balls, and then a final wizard mode”…. But I am struggling a little bit to understand my objective. (Yes, I know my objective is to have fun and enjoy flipping- which I do! But still, I feel like I’m missing something)

I like to play story mode and try to progress. Build up tons of money to buy cart upgrades and my rpm’s. I like it a little more as I can figure out what to do

1 week later
#2787 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think it's time to say goodbye to Al and swap in Heist... haven't played that in a long time

I had CL in recently and now I swapped to CCR... time to race and die a lot!

1 month later
#2824 9 months ago
Quoted from Kyzar:

Saw a post regarding the new Stern Venom that the upper playfield could just as well be a P3 module. Not sure if this was meant as a slight, but my reaction was HECK YEAH! I know that the P3 devs are always looking to expand and innovate the upper playfield and I can't wait to see what's next.
Along those lines, it seems Stern is using a progression save feature with this game as well, as it saves your game progress when logged in with IC. For me, progression saving on the P3 is a major draw that I feel is not touted enough.
Imagine a Dungeons and Dragons like game that you can create multiple characters and level them up with progression save on a P3.

heck yes! I always forget to login, but with the default user ability that helps that issue. There are/were a few dev games that kind of had that perfect use for that progression. I would love to see more of it.
I for instance, made a save at ever level of Silver Falls so I could go back and play each room but also get to the end. Similar with heist I had to make some save points on good games so I could get further. But Stern's is a tad different, more like an auto save in a video game, wouldn't be hard for the P3 to have something similar if logged in via a user though.

#2826 9 months ago

How do you save your game on a P3?

Create a profile
IIRC you do this while in a game, but thought MM talked about doing this somewhere else. At the attract screen, hold a flipper button and press start. It will bring up a menu. you can create a profile here. Also you can "start" a new game with a profile here as well

So you have to start a game with a profile, then at the start of a ball launch you can create a save point. Forgot the button if it is flipper and launch or start again but you then can create a save point.

1 week later
#2878 8 months ago

For the metal coming off the cab, I used 3m super 77 spray adhesive and then held the metal on for a while and it’s held. Otherwise construction adhesive would work too

#2889 8 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

My kids can't get enough weird Al. They love ROCs also but it plays kinda crappy on the weird AL module due to the upper playfield ball launch. They also enjoy heist but I think they'd go nuts for CG.

what game is CG?

#2891 8 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Ha. That's me being an idiot and typing faster than I can think. It's supposed to be CL.

Ah, ya, CL. battling the kraken is hard!

#2893 8 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Good morning folks!
Really enjoying my Weird Al so far but I’m having a lot of issues with the menus, is there some sort of manual or cheat sheet or something? I still can’t find game settings (although I did manage to make a profile) and I can find some settings in the launcher I can’t find things like attract mode sound, balls per game, etc…

When the game is loaded in and you're on the attract mode. Open the coin door and press the launch button, that will take you to the menu with every option you could think of.

1 week later
#2924 8 months ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Missed GorillaBiscuits package deal on a P3 by about two weeks (so close!).
Anyone else have a P3 package they'd consider selling? PM me!

Quoted from vbittnv:

Hey everyone. Im in the process of making some ads but I have the full LE Weird Al kit with topper, autographed translite, side art, etc. that I'm going to be listing. I also have modules I will be listing for sale also. Cosmic cart, lexi, Weird Al, and possibly Canyon Lagoon. If anyone is looking for the Weird AL LE kit or any of the modules, just message me. I'm in Chicago so local is ideal. Let me know! Thanks!

haiderdj

3 weeks later
#2978 7 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So where is it? It would be installed already if it was on the MM store....
When is it going up?

Comes out tomorrow!!!!!

#2983 7 months ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

He's a Multimorphic employee, right? So, I'm assuming this will be an official Multimorphic release. Or, is Michael Ocean releasing this as his own 3rd party game.
I'm not sure it makes any difference, just curious.

Mr. Ocean is a Mm employee and is released his personal/own 3rd party game

1 month later
#3065 6 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Anyone ever have an issue where intermittently when powering on the machine, it color cycles on the monitors and doesn't actually boot up? I fixed it by basically unplugging and re-seating several connectors (including the SSD/HDD or whatever it is) in the backbox, hitting reset on the CPU switch - some info I found on the support website, opened a ticket and didn't get a clear reason why this happens - it hasn't happened in a while, but wanted to know if anyone experienced this before and if there was a particular connector I should be looking closer at.

Hmm. sometimes.... I'd say it is the video cords not connected, but you are saying all the monitors do it, not just 1?
If it is all monitors doing the same thing, then I'd be eyeing up the video card, then mother board.
I would also check the cmos battery on the computer motherboard, make sure it is in specs of voltage.

#3073 6 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wonder what is coming up next for P3? New modules? Timing? Licensed vs unlicensed.

Supposedly a licensed module/game coming!

#3093 6 months ago

Come on, FiRe

Quoted from Pmaino:

Is there a way to make the flipper button flip both the lower flipper and upper flipper? Trying to find it in the settings but not having any luck.

You can set it so the Lower flipper and upper flipper use the same button, but on weird al the upper playfield will still use the 2nd button. Pretty sure the setting is in the game settings, load the game open the coin door and change it there, but I'll need to look again.

#3113 6 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is exactly the opposite experience I have with other people. I introduce everyone I can to the P3, and there hasn't been a single person that was in favor of the split buttons. Veteran players don't want to learn a new control scheme for a single machine, they find the extra buttons awkward. New players just ignore them and never use the upper flippers.
Ultimately I set the games to single-button, but then the upper flippers lose strength and are easily knocked down by the ball. I'm all for having the option...but it should be an option. I'm one of the earliest P3 adopters, so I'm as supportive as they come. But I just don't understand why the games don't support a fully-functioning one button setup (which includes upper playfields and equal "strength") in addition to the split buttons. Everything about the P3 as an ecosystem has been about being inclusive to all types of players. To ignore people that expect to control this game like ALL others seems strange.
Even Turner pinball (), as much of a joke as their situation is, had a single flipper game next to a split flipper game at expo. They were completely tone deaf to most of the feedback regarding their "innovations" but only needed a day or two to realize that everyone at the show preferred the single-button setup. Since the P3 *could* have fully functioning versions of both options, it makes no sense to me why you wouldn't want the best experience for the most amount of players.

My take is MOST new players to a p3 do not like split flipper buttons. But the people that keep using them then understand why they are so much better, for inlane changes and not having to stage an upper flipper hit while cradling, but people are all different in their preferences. I just had Weird al on 1 button for a show and never changed it. Put it back in recently and man I cannot stand it.... BUT this is why MM/P3 is so great, is that they listened and added/allow us to have options so we can all enjoy our games differently. I'm glad to go to 1 button for a show or my kids, but when I play, you bet I want the separate buttons

#3115 6 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This!
The reason SST works is 1) you don't need to use the second button, and 2) if/when you want to use it, it's right underneath the primary flipper button, so your middle finger rests on it ergonomically. If the P3 had a button box with the secondary button positioned like this, I could see people *FAR* more likely to adopt it. Sticking to your index finger as the primary control and easily using your middle finger for secondary control would allow people to still use the main flippers the way they do on every other game. This would make the split usage much more intuitive.
For people that use the split buttons currently, I assume you are using your middle finger on the primary button and your index finger on the upper button? Or are you trying to move your index to use it for both buttons?

i flip with my middle finger... but cannot remember how I press the 2nd button. I think I use my pointer finger....but now I'm confused! I shall have to play again :-p

#3117 6 months ago

Being a 3d printed part...someone could design their own.... I'd be curious what people come up with. Could use non arcade buttons to get a thinner box and even different placement......

#3147 5 months ago

Just played weird al and my middle finger plays the lower flippers and my pointer finger hits the white upper flipper button.

#3165 5 months ago

Multimorphic October 2023 update

After scaling up our manufacturing speeds over the last 1.5 years, we reached maximum capacity at our current 10,000 sq-ft facility in Round Rock, TX in September, peaking at 10 new P3 machines a week. Now 8 months after the launch of Final Resistance, we've successfully brought down the lead time on new P3 orders to a reasonable 4-6 weeks. This lead time will certainly jump up again when we release our next game kit, but for reasons explained below, that release is still a few months away. In the meantime, we're continuing discussions with our property manager about expanding into adjacent space.

Due to the popularity of Final Resistance with existing P3 owners, the FR game kit queue is currently about 4 months. All other game kits are in stock and ready to go. As a reminder, we maintain separate build queues for game kits shipping in new machines versus those shipping separately to existing P3 owners. So based on our current queues, a new machine ordered with Final Resistance installed will ship well before we reach the end of our Final Resistance game kit queue.

Final Resistance production is almost up to full speed. We'll be moving more resources over to the FR assembly team this week and expect to be ahead of our shipping estimates within the next month or so. Responses to the game have been absolutely incredible. The fast-paced, high energy gameplay coupled with the original Scott Danesi soundtrack delivers another unique and exciting pinball experience on the P3.

In response to a few early FR customer reports, we're working with the suppliers of the drop target assembly and center wireform to get stronger versions of both. We're also preparing a software update to adjust the default strengths of the associated coils to reduce the forces applied to the current parts (in addition to a LOT of gameplay enhancements). The improved parts will be sent to each FR customer free of charge. We're also looking into a few reports of unexpected shield movement and hope to have a resolution for those customers soon.

Stepping back and looking at our overall business, we're extremely proud to have designed an incredibly innovative and feature-rich pinball platform and a growing number of beloved and award-winning games. As a small team operating with a small budget, we achieved this by continually pushing hard on new product development. What we unfortunately haven't always done well is take the time to reevaluate early design choices relative to manufacturing difficulty and reliability and proactively update designs and materials to improve customer experiences. While many owners are enjoying their P3s without many, if any, issues, others have run into too many problems.

To address the root of those problems, we've temporarily paused new product development so our engineering team can work through a full review of parts and materials in the P3 and game kits. Our business model ensures we're always motivated to help you keep your machine and games working well, but this goes beyond that. This is us saying we can and will do better, and just to be clear, we'll come up with a full plan to make sure all existing and future P3 customers are taken care of. With an existing library of amazing games and a product roadmap that includes 3 licensed titles, we want everybody enjoying their machines and not needing as much customer support. We'll share more information about a remediation plan after working through our review and implementing associated changes.

Temporarily pausing new product development means we won't be releasing a 2nd Multimorphic game kit in 2023 as previously planned. Instead we'll be applying any relevant improvements to the new game and making it the best P3 product release yet, continuing to raise the bar and deliver another one of the most immersive pinball experiences in the industry.

What's not affected by the delay is any in-progress software updates for our games and releases of 3rd-Party games. Two 3rd-Party P3 games were released recently, bringing the total number of 3rd-Party games to eight (8) and the total number of P3 games to nineteen (19). We absolutely love seeing the creativity people are putting into their games, and we're glad to see many of you supporting and enjoying their efforts.

Dungeon Door Defender: A $199 tower-defense add-on game for the Heist playfield, by Michael Ocean. Reveal stream here:

Drained Bite-Sized: A $99 multiball-centric add-on game for the Drained playfield, by For Amusement Only Games. Reveal stream here:

Both games are available for purchase in the Multimorphic webstore. Multimorphic and 3rd-Party game kits can be found here: https://www.multimorphic.com/category/p3-game-kits/

As always, thank you for your support. We love seeing all of the online posts and pictures with you all enjoying your P3s, and we're looking forward to improving everybody's experiences and delivering more amazing pinball games.

- Gerry Stellenberg
Multimorphic, Inc.

#3168 5 months ago

heck yes! I know it probably hurts to hear people talk negative about the company/product, but MM is Gerry's baby and negative comments can also be constructive criticism. Great to see and hear that MM is actually looking at what they can improve.

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Thanks Gerry for the update!Perfect timing.Guess I’m staying in the club

Freaking 3 MORE licensed titles in progress. ughhhhh cannot wait!!!!! I also would love to see more 3rd party games release! hopefully people are working on them

#3187 5 months ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

One of my babies now. Lol. Man, I thought I was busy before Pooker was born!
Oh, and Sarah and I watched the first two episodes of Bluey the other day to see what all the hype was about. Please tell me it gets better and less anxiety inducing!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Yeah bluey gets better the longer you get into the seasons. I can try to find a few episodes I like. There are plain funny ones vs real issues that pull heart strings. I actually don’t remember what the first few episodes are about, probably kids terrorizing parents

#3188 5 months ago

here are a few that are good off the top of my head
season 1 episode 25 - Taxi
Season 1 episode 28 - Grannies
Season 2 episode 3 - Dance Mode
Season 2 episode 13 - Army
Season 2 episode 29 - Grandad
season 3 episode 23 - faceytalk
Season 3 episode 32 - Onesies
Season 3 episode 34 - Granny mobile

I mean I love every episode but those are fun ones that I remember and the Granny ones are freaking hilarious. I call my kids Janet and rita and it is hilarious.

3 weeks later
#3201 5 months ago

Woot woot!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3205 5 months ago

I started the update and took a shower....it was done, but I did do mine during the morning/afternoon. It all went smooth.

#3211 5 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I gave up the Wi-Fi update.
Did the usb update instead.
The usb way is probably the easiest I’ve ever seen of all manufacturers.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have to agree. When you get the wifi working, it is ALSO the fastest.

Yes and yes. Fastest and easiest via both! The head has metal so it may degrade Wi-Fi signal. You could move the usb Wi-Fi to the front left but then you’d miss on using usb for updates or log files.

#3214 5 months ago

Could ask MM if there is a pci network card that works with the drivers.

3 weeks later
#3242 4 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I feel like Heist 2 was just confirmed since they are talking about 3…
Joking aside I would love to see more from the world of Heist. A software sequel using the same playfield with all new modes would be amazing.

After playing heist, silver falls and ddd, ya man that module is fun, could totally have a heist mini mode or sequel

3 weeks later
#3347 3 months ago

I thought the stock flipper rubber was super bands?

#3350 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are Super bands not silicone? Maybe they’re poly? I can’t remember the difference

Polyurethane

#3369 3 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Question,
When you order an add on, how long until you get the download link and how do you install it?

Could be 15 min, a few hours or next day. But it isn’t too long.

1 week later
#3440 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not full versed in this stuff yet, what is RITR?

It looks to be more fun but I’m just not super interested in that. Sticking with Final Resistance Weird Al and Heist fire the time being

Just try it, but sorce apprentice and ranger plus the online of CC and single player are totally worth it. The ball lock mech on the ramp is freaking awesome

1 week later
#3454 78 days ago

The update

Multimorphic is focused on delivering an evolved pinball experience. We have and will continue to raise the bar in that regard. As we work through the early part of 2024, we're also putting an increased focus on evolving our operations and customer experiences. Our goals are to deliver not only the most fun and feature-rich games in the industry, but also to continue delivering the best per-game value and to strive for ever-improving build timelines and product quality.

After reaching our production capacity of 10 machines per week late last year, we recently expanded into an additional 5000 sq-ft. The new space will help us further increase our machine and playfield production capacity. It will pay immediate dividends as we continue working through the build queue for Final Resistance playfields (we're now filling batch-6 orders) and as we look forward to releasing our next major title.

Regarding product quality, we recently completed the full quality review we announced late last year, and we're currently working through a number of process and design improvements, as well as a plan to get everybody updated versions of all of the parts that we feel didn't meet acceptable standards. A few examples include:

- The ATX power supply we use in our backbox is being upgraded to a highly rated, Gold-certified ATX supply. All P3 owners will receive the updated supply for free.

- Welded flipper and slingshot pivot brackets had inconsistent quality. Many lasted well beyond our million-activation test cycles, while some failed after just a few thousand activations. Design specs have been updated, the issue has been discussed with and corrected by our supplier, and all P3 owners will receive free replacements for all four lower-playfield flippers and both slingshots.

- Some of our small-bobbin coils (23-800s, 23-600s, and the small-bobbin dual wound coils) were terminated improperly and were subject to premature failures. The manufacturing issue has been discussed with and corrected by our supplier. All failing coils will continue to be replaced under warranty.

- The first version of our end-of-stroke switches (small circuit boards) can fail occasionally due to functional tolerances with the movement of the interruptor flags. We've modified the board and flag designs and further improved the vibration resistance. All P3 owners will receive updated EOS boards and flags free of charge.

- Some of our high-stress 3D-printed parts are being replaced by aluminum or injection-molded parts. Others are being updated to be more resistant to over-tightening and vibrational stress. All P3 owners will receive a number of the updated parts for free, including new aluminum flipper bats for the side target assemblies. Most of our remaining 3D-printed design files will be made available for download on our support site for those of you who may want to print your own spares or different colored parts.

- We've updated our assembly guidelines and QC processes in an attempt to discover more assembly mistakes, such as missing thread-locker on installed screws, earlier in the production process.

- We're switching to palletized freight shipping for our heavier playfield modules (currently Heist and Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity) to reduce the occurrences of shipping damage due to improper handling.

While the majority of P3 owners have had relatively few issues, and the overall ticket submission rate per game is on par with other pinball manufacturers, we're highly focused on improving everybody's experiences. We want to make sure you enjoy your P3 for decades to come, and every single P3 customer will continue to receive the best support we can provide. We expect most people will never need to replace many of the items listed above. Feel free to hold onto them as spares.

We are currently working through the planning of the replacement parts packages, and we'll send another update when things are finalized. There's no need to email us to ask if you're eligible, as every owner of a registered P3 is eligible. Again, please wait for more details. We sincerely appreciate your patience and for allowing us the time to make these improvements.

As you all know, the P3 has a number of features and design elements that are unique in pinball. To make those features possible, we designed the P3 somewhat differently than other machines. To that end, along with the design and process changes, we'll be rolling out a lot more educational materials about owning, operating, and maintaining a P3. Our support site already has a wealth of information in the form of how-to guides, videos, and technical documents, but we'll be enhancing them with Theory of Operation documents, more assembly-specific descriptions, and resources for operators/technicians who would like to become more knowledgeable about the P3. As always, if there are specific areas you'd like to see covered, please email us at [email protected].

With the quality review completed, we're also once again moving forward on new product development. We'll discuss our next title in due time. The team is bursting with excitement and eager to talk about it! We're also close to releasing updated side target covers that address visibility of the side target flipper bats, as well as new side target covers for both System Core and Sorcerer's Apprentice. Side target covers for game kits that enable the upper flippers will have cutouts. Covers for game kits that don't enable the upper flippers won't. System Core artwork will be available with and without the cutouts. We'll send another update when they're available in our webstore.

Thank you once again for your incredible support. We're here because of all of you, and we're looking forward to continuing the evolution of our products and our company.

- Gerry Stellenberg
Multimorphic, Inc.

AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpgAdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpgAdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpgAdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpgSA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpgSA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpgSYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpgSYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpgSYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpgSYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
#3471 76 days ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Are you using the index finger for both flipper buttons or do you keep a finger on each button?

I flip with my middle finger (red) and push the white with my pointer(s)

1 week later
#3492 68 days ago
Quoted from Travis82:

Has anyone had an issue with the cabinet side panel magnets falling off? The right side magnet panel on my Weird Al cabinet keeps falling off. Wondering if anyone has come up with something better than the double sided tape to hold it onto the wooden cabinet? I don't really want to screw into the cabinet to secure it, so wondering if anyone has come up with something better to hold it in place? Mine has fallen off so many times that the Weird Al side panel is starting to get damaged.

Construction adhesive caulk. I spread it on and then held the metal firmly on for a bit. Only part of the corner of mine was having that issues adhering

#3510 63 days ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Ok, I understand this is a partially silly question but hey Pinside is filled with silly questions so....
How difficult is it to create your own software "game" for one of the P3 modules if you are not really versed in modern coding? (ie. I am not an engineer or computer programmer, etc....).
I've seen the walk through tutorial about the birdwatcher game and think I can wrap my head around some of it (obviously will need to invest a bunch of time here and learn a lot more). However, could use your opinions about if this is a realistic and productive use of free time or if I would be likely overwhelmed quickly.
Thanks, Lee

It is totally possible for anyone to make a game, it just depends on how much you want to dedicate to learning and doing it. Step 1 for sure is doing the bird watcher tutorial as that will give you a great starting point to knowing how things work.

#3535 60 days ago

The version of unity MM uses/recommends was last supported on Catalina or about. So any new dev wouldn’t be perfect as the compatibility with new unity and the sdk isn’t fully validated. I’d recommend a Linux box or windows to be a server and use the Mac to remote to it. That’s how did it. Linux server and just use my whatever computer to remote

1 month later
#3606 24 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

My right middle wall is the problem. I'm almost at the point of adding super lube, but that would be a last resort lol.

Did you open a ticket with MM? Nick will surely be able to help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
11,999 (OBO)
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.