pasted_image (resized).png
20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 194.
#9051 7 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I wonder if its 1st gen or 2nd.You can see key posts for more info also photos cover what the replacements look like,

Picking it up on Monday. Premium with Expression Light kit and I've seen it in person. Dirty, but will clean up fine and the fucked up spinner mech. For $6600, no complaints. I had a pro last year and it's a fun game.

#9052 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Picking it up on Monday. Premium with Expression Light kit and I've seen it in person. Dirty, but will clean up fine and the fucked up spinner mech. For $6600, no complaints. I had a pro last year and it's a fun game.

Bargain and great game, adrenaline rush!

#9053 7 months ago

Picked up my Premium today. Still running 1.00 code! Hasn't been cleaned since, ever.

Missing the spinner. So need to look into this further as to what part I need. It's an April 2021 build.

#9054 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Picked up my Premium today. Still running 1.00 code! Hasn't been cleaned since, ever.
Missing the spinner. So need to look into this further as to what part I need. It's an April 2021 build.

only missing the spinner ?I think pinballife or someone sells it but not the sticker.

#9055 7 months ago

Traded in my Space Mission I just restored and picked up my premium late last night on a killer deal. Has ELs and even invisiglass. The playfield is perfect and this didn’t see many plays. I’m guessing the previous owner gave up because the spinner was slightly bent on EM. I grabbed some forceps and fixed it so it comes to rest vertically again and gave it a drop of 3 in 1 oil and now it spins like mad. I need to dial in the level right to left tomorrow when I get a chance because this game really hates being off level I’ve noticed.

IMG_4843 (resized).jpegIMG_4843 (resized).jpeg
#9056 7 months ago

Installed a RUSH EL kit in LZ Pro (thanks to MooButt with the art blade swap) but only one light works at all. Just the first one in the row on the left side only. The RUSH board is a little different than the one they show in the old video from Stern with Tim Sexton…looks like they eliminated the Y-connector for power and went to a single connection. But I don’t think that’s causing the issue anyway. My guess is that the dip switch settings are different? Here’s what I’ve got rn.

IMG_1462 (resized).jpegIMG_1462 (resized).jpegIMG_1463 (resized).jpegIMG_1463 (resized).jpeg
#9057 7 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Installed a RUSH EL kit in LZ Pro (thanks to MooButt with the art blade swap) but only one light works at all. Just the first one in the row on the left side only. The RUSH board is a little different than the one they show in the old video from Stern with Tim Sexton…looks like they eliminated the Y-connector for power and went to a single connection. But I don’t think that’s causing the issue anyway. My guess is that the dip switch settings are different? Here’s what I’ve got rn.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If it is the same as Rush, it should be On-Off-On-On

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9058 7 months ago

Thank you for the reminder about this node board sheet! I’ll pull the one from the LZ goodie bag tonight and see what it says. Seems like it’s just a switch setting, considering I have power to one light and it changes color.

#9059 7 months ago

Greetings all.

We have one backbox speaker LED ring offer remaining with purchase of a PinWoofer Super Kit. This is the expression light compatible kit.

If you are interested, please take a look at the below link for details.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/167#post-7778302

The below video shows the LED kit offered here, from Rush, but if you have Led Zeppelin with expression lights installed you're elgible for this offer.

Thanks for your time!

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

#9060 7 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Traded in my Space Mission I just restored and picked up my premium late last night on a killer deal. Has ELs and even invisiglass. The playfield is perfect and this didn’t see many plays. I’m guessing the previous owner gave up because the spinner was slightly bent on EM. I grabbed some forceps and fixed it so it comes to rest vertically again and gave it a drop of 3 in 1 oil and now it spins like mad. I need to dial in the level right to left tomorrow when I get a chance because this game really hates being off level I’ve noticed.
[quoted image]

LZ and RUSH side by side. Perfect!

#9061 7 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

If it is the same as Rush, it should be On-Off-On-On[quoted image]

Per the manual on Stern’s website, it is the same as Rush… On-Off-On-On.
Just a bit of an oopsie from the factory, no harm no foul.
Thank you for the assistance!!

#9062 7 months ago

Per the manual on Stern’s website, it is the same as Rush… On-Off-On-On.
Just a bit of an oopsie from the factory, no harm no foul.
Thank you for the assistance!!

Happy to help

#9063 7 months ago

I'm in the process of editing attract mode videos that replace the Stern tutorial videos. I have some cool ideas that will make our game look more interesting when not being played, but powered on.

I also have a few in-game changes I'd like to make. Not as many changes as I made for Iron Maiden or Avengers, but a few. I find the Bonus and Extra Ball clips boring, so I'd like to change those.

Anything else that could be replaced with more interesting pinball energy content?

#9064 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm in the process of editing attract mode videos that replace the Stern tutorial videos. I have some cool ideas that will make our game look more interesting when not being played, but powered on.
I also have a few in-game changes I'd like to make. Not as many changes as I made for Iron Maiden or Avengers, but a few. I find the Bonus and Extra Ball clips boring, so I'd like to change those.
Anything else that could be replaced with more interesting pinball energy content?

More John Bonham clips, can’t get enough Bonzo

#9065 7 months ago

EL kit up and running! Gorgeous!

IMG_1469 (resized).jpegIMG_1469 (resized).jpeg
#9066 7 months ago

Anything to give it even more Zep! The plane landing on tour, concert footage, interview photos, song remains the same movie clips? There is stuff on youtube that looks pretty good. Anything to give it more of a 70s feel for attract and game modes where applicable.

Quoted from PoMC:

#9067 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I always thought intro to Mothership MB could do with some extra bells and whistles.

#9068 7 months ago

Worked on this today. Here's a video showing the new setup screen background and the main "high score" screen that previously just said Led Zeppelin with a flickering effect in the background.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eg6zudga5hGfAJBL9

Already have tested new (not shown in the video above):

Ball Save is Lit
Ball Saved
End of Ball Bonus
Replay
Led Zeppelin logo, from a static screen to the burning Led Zeppelin I album cover

Coming: 6 new attract mode videos to replace the "tutorial and how to insert a quarter" videos.

#9069 7 months ago

Here's my new Ball Saved video clip:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LZ6RUunjiVgecoP58

#9070 7 months ago

Looks fantastic! I want a copy when ready!

#9071 7 months ago

Damn..put me on the list when complete. Friggin awesome.

#9072 7 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I always thought intro to Mothership MB could do with some extra bells and whistles.

I took a look and thought you were correct. I spent this morning editing new clips for the Mothership MB scenes. Only left the super jackpot scene since it was fine and probably can't even watch it when playing anyway.

#9073 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I took a look and thought you were correct. I spent this morning editing new clips for the Mothership MB scenes. Only left the super jackpot scene since it was fine and probably can't even watch it when playing anyway.

Can the DJ mixer clips be changed to concert footage for associated songs or something else that makes sense?

#9074 7 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can the DJ mixer clips be changed to concert footage for associated songs or something else that makes sense?

They can, I'll have to see how long those clips are. Talking about the kaleidoscope clips in the jukebox mode?

Writing my first draft image now to test later tonight. I replaced 26 video clips. 8 are clips that play during attract mode, the other 18 are in-game changes.

New:
Mothership MB clips
Ball Save Lit
Ball Saved
End of Ball Bonus
Replay
All the boring album banners unfurling clips - they play after getting each of the albums, 9 total.

#9075 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

They can, I'll have to see how long those clips are. Talking about the kaleidoscope clips in the jukebox mode?
Writing my first draft image now to test later tonight. I replaced 26 video clips. 8 are clips that play during attract mode, the other 18 are in-game changes.
New:
Mothership MB clips
Ball Save Lit
Ball Saved
End of Ball Bonus
Replay
All the boring album banners unfurling clips - they play after getting each of the albums, 9 total.

Can you send me a video of the changes? I don’t know why I’m drawing a blank on the 9 album banners.

Yes I was referring to the Kaleidoscope images. I wish they would use something related to the theme for these DJ modes.

#9076 7 months ago

This is so much better than the stock ball save.

I also of course like the other updates with videos of the actual band and this isn’t a knock on Robert Plant but would prefer videos of the band from around the time the songs were produced. It appears some clips you showed had him past the 70s era but again, just my preference.

#9077 7 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

This is so much better than the stock ball save.
I also of course like the other updates with videos of the actual band and this isn’t a knock on Robert Plant but would prefer videos of the band from around the time the songs were produced. It appears some clips you showed had him past the 70s era but again, just my preference.

I'll probably take a video of the attract modes completed, I think everyone will be really pleased. And as a Led Zeppelin fan, you'll enjoy having the game powered on and displaying cool and interesting band content.

And yeah, I knew I had to make a Ball Save that focused on Robert Plant's famous bulge. LOL

Working now that I have a saved baseline of these changes, replacing the song videos with better videos. For example, Whole Lotta Love is just a crazy color filter applied over video that makes it so you can't see anything.

#9078 7 months ago

Less Jason Bonham more John Bonham

#9079 7 months ago

Installed Big Ben and Parliament tonight. Such a sweet mod! Need to find a nice Jimmy Page guitar mod next. Any other must have mods for Zep?

IMG_8293 (resized).jpegIMG_8293 (resized).jpegIMG_8294 (resized).jpegIMG_8294 (resized).jpegIMG_8295 (resized).jpegIMG_8295 (resized).jpegIMG_8296 (resized).jpegIMG_8296 (resized).jpeg
#9080 7 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Installed Big Ben and Parliament tonight. Such a sweet mod! Need to find a nice Jimmy Page guitar mod next. Any other must have mods for Zep?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the color changing lights that go on the ramp and under the blimp.Lermods or Mezel mods I think

#9081 7 months ago

I like the color changing lights that go on the ramp and under the blimp.Lermods or Mezel mods I think.
also a blue or ice blue trough light brightens up that dark trough area

#9082 7 months ago

Spent a bit of time, and still am, on the code update. Ran into issues, quite like I ran into on Aerosmith, when replacing long song videos. The replacements will stutter and freeze and cause issues.

But, successfully have Whole Lotta Love and Kashmir working perfect and have the songs synced to the lips in the videos.

Trying to get one more song working perfect at least and will be either Black Dog, which is almost there anyway, or The Song Remains the Same.

This isn't a Bon Jovi pin where there's tons of music videos and concert footage to pick thru. Many songs on the game's playlist just do not have good, or good quality, footage to work with.

Which is why Stern hid everything behind a shit ton of filters. I mean, it works that it gives the game great pinball energy. Because even if I could replace every song video with a working live video - Led Zep didn't put on a great show by today's standards. Not to mention 60 year old camera technology sucks. Some of the videos I've replaced, even if they didn't stutter, I'd probably stick with the Stern edit for the energy.

#9083 6 months ago

Has anyone down graded from premium to pro on this one? After I clean up and sell my Ali, I think LZ is the next one in. I’ve played both version and sometimes feel like I want the mech to just get out of the way so I can just hit those super smooth ramps. And didn’t really miss it at all when I played the pro.

Anyone, ride or die for the pro?

#9084 6 months ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Has anyone down graded from premium to pro on this one? After I clean up and sell my Ali, I think LZ is the next one in. I’ve played both version and sometimes feel like I want the mech to just get out of the way so I can just hit those super smooth ramps. And didn’t really miss it at all when I played the pro.
Anyone, ride or die for the pro?

I have the premium but think the pro plays great too. It’s fun to rip the EM spinner, but I don’t miss it when I play a pro either

#9085 6 months ago

The pro is great but EM spinner just adds so much to the gameplay imo. One of the best multi balls in modern pinball if you ask me.

#9086 6 months ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The pro is great but EM spinner just adds so much to the gameplay imo. One of the best multi balls in modern pinball if you ask me.

Agree on the EM spinner but for me it’s the sideways ramp and light show that put the Pre/LE over the top.

#9087 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree on the EM spinner but for me it’s the sideways ramp and light show that put the Pre/LE over the top.

Ahh but that show is during the EM multi ball? AMAZING! Especially now that they put the seizure flashes back in with the spinner haha

#9088 6 months ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Ahh but that show is during the EM multi ball? AMAZING! Especially now that they put the seizure flashes back in with the spinner haha

The side ramp shot has a pretty nice lighting effect when made and just feels good.

Yes Em MB lighting is amazing too

#9089 6 months ago

I borrowed the spinner from James Bond to test my electric magic mechanism. Looks like tomorrow. I received the upgrade kit with the new style brackets, and the spinner that fits those.

But yeah, this spinner is a blast to fucking rip

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tvNQ8YLutX2aNuPw7

#9090 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The side ramp shot has a pretty nice lighting effect when made and just feels good.
Yes Em MB lighting is amazing too

Side ramp is extremely satisfying for sure. I’ve nailed it 3x in a row before from the left orbit back to back and that felt pretty great.

#9091 6 months ago

Has anyone tried to add the third flipper ramp to a pro using this part? Was thinking about trying it on my pro.

IMG_2195 (resized).jpegIMG_2195 (resized).jpeg
#9092 6 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Has anyone tried to add the third flipper ramp to a pro using this part? Was thinking about trying it on my pro.[quoted image]

Already made for you for only $200.

https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/led-zeppelin-hermit-ramp-in-stock

#9093 6 months ago

Got tired of the rubber snapping on the hermit ramp. Modeled up a post sleeve to see if this helps.

IMG_4878 (resized).jpegIMG_4878 (resized).jpegIMG_4879 (resized).jpegIMG_4879 (resized).jpeg
#9094 6 months ago

Thanks! Kudos as that is a super innovative, well designed mod, but I don’t like the fact the ramp mod covers the playfield. Wish it worked more like the premium, so hoping to find a solution closer to the premium.

#9095 6 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Thanks! Kudos as that is a super innovative, well designed mod, but I don’t like the fact the ramp mod covers the playfield. Wish it worked more like the premium, so hoping to find a solution closer to the premium.

It doesn’t obstruct your vision of the playfield at all. It’s about as unobtrusive as it can possibly be, and it makes for a very smooth and satisfying shot. You can adjust the auto plunge so that it shoots into the ramp and feeds to the right flipper during multiball and whatnot, which makes a speedy game like LZ even more so. With that Nitro ramp mod and the EL kit, it makes the Pro a very great game.

#9096 6 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Interested to see how a routed playfield looks on LZ. Would you be able to post any photos? Also how many plays does your machine have?

I purchased a routed LZ Pro with thousands of plays and it looks perfect.

#9097 6 months ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

I'm excited to see the Hermit Ramp in your machines! I love my Led Zeppelin Pro but the upper flipper definitly deserves this ramp! Please share what you think of the Hermit Ramp after you've installed it. I went with PLA material for the variety of color and finishes. The material shouldn't deform unless you contunuously get it very wet. I've used 6 walls so the Hermit Ramp is very durrable.
[quoted image]

just ordered mine

#9098 6 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

I purchased a routed LZ Pro with thousands of plays and it looks perfect.

Mine is huo but over a thousand plays and is perfect. I think maybe certain runs had playfield issues, not sure.

#9099 6 months ago

You can adjust the auto plunge so that it shoots into the ramp and feeds to the right flipper

I thought that was supposed feed to the hermit ramp shot. When I got mine, it seemed like it was hacked to make the skill shot easier and was aimed directly at the LED targets. When I watched the Ray Day tutorial, his was set up to feed the ramp, so I assumed that was design intent.

#9100 6 months ago

I get a ton of rejects on that damn hermit ramp on my premium, despite messing around with every tweak I could think of. Realigned the metal scoop (it jutted past the ball guide wall, rattling the ball), bent down the ramp wires a bit as suggested...a bit better, but still rattles back down at least half the time on what oughta be a clean shot. I can't for the life of me figure out what else to try, but if anyone has suggestions, lemme know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/182?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.