IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

571 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 1 of 3.
#3 3 years ago

I’m on the list for a LE as well although SR has made some really good playing Pro games too. Not ruling it out.

Will be interesting to see the art packages for the 3 versions.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

In. The logo looks awesome.

Music sounds rockin too

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

May I ask where you’re seeing the game and hearing the music? Do you have to be a “Stern Insider”?

It is sarcasm

#28 3 years ago

I’m hearing LE’s may be gone before Monday.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Seriously? No one has seen the game yet! I guess it LZ though. I wonder how many LE’s they will make

I don’t think Stern has made more than 500 LE’s for any of their rock themes so that would be my guess.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

This is my holy grail dream theme pin! I’d like to reserve a spot for an LE, if one of the distros with allocations can PM me with details, I’d like to put a deposit down. Cannot wait to see and play this game!

Call JJ @ game exchange, was taking deposits yesterday.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

That guy didn’t return my voicemail or email earlier this week. Disappointing. Put my order in with someone else.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Strange JJ has always gotten back with me right away when I have called or emailed him. GEX is a top tier Distro and takes very good care of their customers before and more importantly with support after the sale.

Yeah when there is something that is a must have I trust he will get me it, always been easy to work with and very honest.

#83 3 years ago

Kaneda reporting 10 songs

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Kaneda also reported all LZ LEs were sold as of last night (12/14)

I talked to the two distros I normally by from and they said the same thing. Not taking anymore deposits or adding to the want list.

#91 3 years ago

Great song list

#92 3 years ago

Hope there is a stairway song clip somewhere

#94 3 years ago

The electric magic was the name of the 1971 UK tour so the multiball must incorporate those shows.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

So who is ready for their LE? Appears the rumors are true, all lists are overfilled for all Distros Wonder if those lists will open up later today?

I’m ready and want it yesterday, paid 2k on Friday.

#99 3 years ago

Where are the pics of the LE and what special trinkets will it have over the premium?

#117 3 years ago

Million dollar question, when do we see the topper and will it unlock stair way to heaven? I’m thinking yes.

#125 3 years ago

The topper is sick

#141 3 years ago

So 3 wizard modes apparently, are there some extra deep tracks for these? Something has to set those modes apart from the 10 regular gameplay tunes.

#155 3 years ago

I posted this in the other thread

3 wizard modes and since this is a hype thread I’m going to go out on a limb here
Top of the charts - Stairway - number one rock some to most.
World Tour - not sure maybe the ocean
The Zeppelin with ? - Dazed and confused, it’s from that album.

I’d shit if this is correct

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Major marketing fail on Stern's part if the game actually has all of those songs, but doesn't mention them in any of the promotional materials. That's what makes me worry that they don't. I'm wondering if this is a case (much like Aerosmith with "Dream On") where the biggest song was too expensive to license.

Not sure but those inserts for wizard modes are descriptive and there are quite a few modes in this game to not have any specific music tied to any of it.

Don’t recall anyone saying dream on was too expensive, I remember everyone saying too slow much like stairway.

Mode called top of the charts, that’s stairway
Mode with a ? I read as dazed and confused.

Maybe not marketed because wizard mode, may never see it, element of surprise?

Again, just taking a wild guess.

#174 3 years ago

My distro did not require pay in full in advance for the LE, just 2k deposit until ready to ship.

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Just came here to say don’t worry about all the hate guys. This game is going to rock. As someone who watched my favorite title get shit on last December and has it ruin my excitement a bit I’ll just say that Stranger Things is still my most played game in my collection. The group think on pinside is silly. Don’t let the bastards get you down and enjoy the new game!

I think many will be eating crow when it’s shoots great and actually know how the modes and game progresses.

I also think there may be some misinterpretation on this whole linear rule issue, we will know soon.

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

As far as linear progression down the list of songs Tim seems to mention this in the podcast where he explains it was by design to make it flow like a concert set list song to song but it did also sound like you can disable this not sure how song selection would work then, maybe random?

I didn’t get to watch that yet. Any discussion about the tour modes and wizard modes and how they come into play?

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I agree with gameplay... But especially, there's no comparison. LZ makes me want to choke on my on vomit

GNR makes me feel like I’m splitting logs the old school way.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

If you win it should play the rockin end part of stairway!
I think the boys from LZ wanted to put stairway to bed for a bit though. They just got through mega copyright battles.

Tim did say last night that final wizard mode something super special happens and we have according to the 10 songs on game 45 minutes of music and he claims there is well over 50 minutes of music on the game.

Well, that’s a rather large discrepancy. Could be a song or clips of a couple songs meaning not full length maybe a encore medley since it’s a tour.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm in for a topper. But think shooter is too big. Its nice of stern to have a topper ready at reveal instead of a year later. I know it will be over priced but it will look good. Been thinkin on what to replace jumping ickarus with, any ideas? Maybe just a Led zepp logo?

I was told February for the topper what did your distro say?

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I got a LE. Looking forward to it. Anyone that doesn’t like the artwork doesn’t have to play it. lol

You got it, any guests who do like it can promptly leave!

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Liking the blue armor the more I see it and bet in person it will look quite good.

Fits the vibe perfectly.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But then it'll clash with the blue on the backbox.
I just ordered a t-shirt so I can be cohesive with my game and tell people, "Hey...F you, man. It's not ugly--those colors work well together!"[quoted image]

Unboxing day shirt, I like it and am going to order one for myself. Too bad Stern doesn’t include some swag like that!

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

when are these shipping?

I think we may see some before and of the year. Pretty sure they have LE’s ready to ship already.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm still waiting for my LE to be confirmed from the distributor, but as I look at this, the fact that JJP got licenses from Gibson and Fender is either pretty damn amazing or Stern was pretty lazy.

Yeah Kapow/Stern was able to get the licensing from VOX, Ludwig, PanAm World Airway, Rickenbacker and Gretsch guitars for the Beatles.

It’s possible if you try I guess.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've used pinwoofer on several games, maiden prem was the best. Should sound great on zepp

The LE I’m thinking should sound pretty good with the new 10 band EQ and amp I’m thinking. Probably still add a sub though.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Maybe that back right corner

That would look good back there and would fit I’m sure.

#319 3 years ago

Where can we fit this?
7BA2CBD5-94CA-4D67-B3B5-280DA2E33066 (resized).png7BA2CBD5-94CA-4D67-B3B5-280DA2E33066 (resized).png

#324 3 years ago

Anyone think we will get a jukebox mode since that is so prominent during song selection?

They did it on AC/DC with the FM radio.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

All modern sterns have jukebox now im pretty sure. Bksor and ehoh do

Nice didn’t know that

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It doesnt bother me and of course you can buy whatever you want and if you do buy it I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. I just asked the question why. It just seems to me that, except for saying Led Zeppelin on the side and having a few pics of the band and playing their songs that it has nothing unique to offer. I was expecting way more for such a highly sought after title.

Because it’s going to shoot like a f’ing wet dream right out of 1971.

#344 3 years ago

Just ordered my topper!

#348 3 years ago

The fine folks over on the LZ fan forum think the whole thing is pretty kick ass and about every rock magazine has a article on it. In addition the machine and Stern have been mentioned at least 2 times on the local rock channel which Ive never heard pinball discussed before on radio.

How can a pro sellout? Is that even possible?

Edit...I forgot to add I’m not seeing any complaining about the art either but it is a LZ fan club.

#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Doesnt seem to be affecting sales is all I am saying... complain away.

I haven’t liked the last 3 Sterns, art, theme you name it but they still sell and my opinion really doesn’t matter.
Lots of people with lots of opinions out there and I believe there is an old saying about that!

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The first batch of pros is typically not a large run. They usually sell through to customers very quick.

I was told they have a good bit a machines built and some will have by Xmas and perhaps LE before year end.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

generally not to zero available before they even have the first stream.
Just saying all the pissing and moaning didnt seem to hurt sales much.

The pissing and moaning is a bunch of BS and half these clowns that had orders likely didn’t cancel, let see the emails.

All just a bunch of noise.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The stream almost certainly will make the reaction to this game more positive. I think it’s all about the code at this point. Timmy!

Yes indeed it will

#394 3 years ago

I was told early January.

#396 3 years ago

I’m glad songs pick up where you left off between balls.

That has always driven me nuts with AC/DC starting from beginning.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Have a LE on order. I was told by the distro that production starts at the end of January. Of course, after watching the live stream Fri night, I would like it now.

That seems awfully late from what I was told and the Stern production schedule has the line switch back over to running other games on back order in feb. late Jan production for 500 games with premium to follow doesn’t add up, especially if the pros have been on the line since mid November.
I’m #3 on my distros list for a LE and was told to expect early January, hoping it happens!

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

As a noob I'm starting to see that each step of this process of a new pin is kind of exciting (will it be made?, when will it be made? who will design it? when is the reveal? art? playfield?, etc....)
Now that we have them ordered, it will certainly be cool as heck when some folks here see their machines and we get pics and initial feedback.
I'm going with Kashmir for first play. Big move as it's highly unlikely I'll make it through the song with all 3 balls. ha ha. On second thought, maybe Immigrant Song - short and awesome tune.

We should be seeing pros show up in homes this week.

#420 3 years ago

Anyone know when Jack is streaming again?

Like to see him blow it up and get to the mini wizard or wizard modes, I still think there might be an Easter egg or two.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Well that looks kinda sweet, as suspected.
As promised, you are my hero......for now. Seriously, thanks for putting that together - really helps.

I knew if would look go on the LE, just looks ok on pro/pre.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Is anyone changing out the blue for another color? And if so, what color are you thinking?

I dig the blue as well.

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I heard the LEs are starting to be built 3rd week of January.

Not sure but I did hear that on the flip n out podcast, my distro told me last week that he was told early Jan.

Here’s to hoping sooner than 3rd week of Jan!

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell man?You been having dreams about a new opto spinner did dream include parrots and pearls?

Sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

We NEED a Buffett machine! That would be my ultimate grail theme, the only one above Toy Story for me.

I agree, lots to work with on this one.

#468 3 years ago

Are there lights in the apron behind flippers that point out to PF? I saw a picture where it looked like there was two cutouts with lights.

#487 3 years ago

Nobody got their pro for Xmas?

#494 3 years ago

Crickets....where are the games!

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

This is helpful information.
Led Zeppelin Pro machines begin production December 21, 2020 (Production dates may change) and are estimated to ship December 28th, 2020
Led Zeppelin Premium machines begin production January 29, 2021 (Production dates may change) and are estimated to ship February 5th, 2021.
If this is true we should see some LEs by the end of January.

Where did you hear this?

They said on the stream that some would be in homes by Xmas?

Someone else on here claimed LE’s shipping around 15th according to their distro.

#500 3 years ago

So are LE still on track for mid Jan?

This was last I heard from my distro on 12/23.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see one in Germany, but no arrivals in US yet?

I know, crazy since they have been on the slow boat for a few weeks minimum.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm ready. Been ordering g a few things,,,,,

What did you order? Any LZ goodies?

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The damn game shoots great and is a speed demon. Just learning rules but the Tour Modes are a nice touch. Game shipped with 0.91 code.

You get to the wizard mode? Word is something spectacular happens

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Spectacular????

Tim said something of that nature.

#521 3 years ago

I agree, DMCA just shut it down I think.

#522 3 years ago

It’s back, not sure what happened

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

At this stage in code the game likely resets when wizard mode reached.

Probably why Jack said he isn’t sure he should try to do it.

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

This is the 21st century. I don't know of any game that resets when you get to wizard mode. When wizard mode is not programmed yet, they just do not let you in. Such is the case with new Avengers AIQ. They removed Battle Thanos wizard mode, because it was NOT complete yet. Now when you qualify all the things to Beat Thanos, It just does not let you into the mode, The game does not reset!

I don’t think he literally meant the game reset.

But what is the objective after the mode doesn’t let you in?

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who knows what code updates will bring, its only at .91 now I think. Lots of features to be added im sure. Going to be a fast fun combo shootin game for sure.

Tim said there was a bit of features yet to come.

I’m still trying to imagine what the button could be used for. Based on gameplay last night there really isn’t any mode where you would press it to collect anything. Doesn’t launch ball, select song or anything at all at the moment according to Jack.
I’m sure it will be used as they wouldn’t include it or put a light in it.

Did anyone else notice the spotlights behind flippers in the apron?

Don’t recall seeing those before.

Edit - maybe he did use it to select tour when ball locked but couldn’t tell, he did say his hands were not using it though so not sure.

#542 3 years ago

I wish they would code in a hurry up to the pops kind of like fast Charlie scoring in the Stones.

Hurry up can be a John Bonham drum solo mode. Just bangin on the drums!

#551 3 years ago

I think the tour modes are pretty cool but I hope they add some LCD content that is specific to those tours. Perhaps some tour posters, video or even still shots from the respective tours when your in the mode.

#552 3 years ago

Anyone know if the stream at 3pm with Steve and Tim will be available later to watch?

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from co_pin_guy:

My attempt so far for a freeplay card. I'm open to suggestions for changes to it.
[quoted image]

You able to do something like this but get rid of free play font to squeeze the set list in like the factory cards?

#587 3 years ago

Just got the two week notification from my distributor as well, can’t wait!

#591 3 years ago

This isn’t the main wizard mode, this is the mini wizard.

#592 3 years ago

What am I missing? Besides a well-defined wizard mode, that is.

I think it looks pretty cool.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Trying to decide where I should put Hermit with lit lantern mod? Thinking right rear corner looks pretty good. Need to still order my shooter knob-I have been a slacker. Also need to order my superbands-thinking yellow up top and blue at bottom.
[quoted image]

Any photos of what this hermit mod will look like?

I think a mini John Bonham drum kit would look good in back right corner if there is enough space.

What is the final apron art pkg?
The one with SR autograph is from the flyer but the LE Jack streamed with was the Zep art in that spot.

I like the Zep better.

#619 3 years ago

I’ve never had a problem with my klipsch powered woofers connected directly to the bottom cabinet speaker.

What does pinnovators provide some other benefit?

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was thinking about ordering some of Gweempose's external cables he has made up. For $12.50 that is crazy cheap and not worth my time to go to Home Depot or Best Buy and put together myself.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1176-gweem-s-mods/02289-10-ft-external-subwoofer-cable

That would probably work well but I just soldered my sub wires right to the posts on the cabinet speaker. No issues and I don’t move my pins around much but when I do I just disconnect at the sub.

#639 3 years ago

Awfully quiet in here! I’m getting excited for my LE!

#642 3 years ago

I’m surprised nobody has hit the other two wizard modes on the pro yet.

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The blue looks so much better in normal lighting. With game room lights all around, its going to be great. Sterns promo shots were horrible
[quoted image]

I agree, looks great!

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The blue looks so much better in normal lighting. With game room lights all around, its going to be great. Sterns promo shots were horrible
[quoted image]

What song you Rollin with for ball 1 first game?

#650 3 years ago

Most likely Communication Breakdown

#651 3 years ago

Any pro owners pop the glass off to see what the ? mode is? Lol

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have you seen Lermods hermit? Told him I'd take one

Looks nice, I’ll likely order one as well.

#664 3 years ago

Says .91 on 1/11, isn’t that the code it shipped with?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#677 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

The stock speakers on LZ pro actually sound significantly better than the stock speakers on my Aerosmith pro. The cabinet bass speaker has noticeably more punch. I definitely plan to add a sub, but I was pleasantly surprised by this.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the new LE sound system is.
Think they have a new equalizer, amp and speakers. May not need any mods.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You think its a new equalizer or same as whats in ehoh etc?

Thought the flyer and one of the podcasts mentioned it being an entirely new system specifically amp and equalizer.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The wording on the feature matrix is a little misleading. The LE has upgraded speakers only. The SPIKE three channel amp (2.1) is no different on the LE and the equalizer will be in software menus. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure on this. As mentioned above, even the Pro sounds great. Having 2.1 sound with separate volume and sound controls for the cabinet speakers is a way better system then having fixed crossovers built in. Stern gets bashed a lot but their current factory stock sound system is darn good. That said, the only real upgrade that is needed is to connect an external sub for that extra punch. I already have the external sub sitting waiting for my LZLE.

LZ is the first game I see mentioning a 10 band graphic equalizer included. Not mentioned on Avengers or Turtles matrix so I’m assuming this is something new.
Yes it will be in the menus but should allow for some good fine tuning assuming the speakers and amp are better quality.

#698 3 years ago

I would do black or red

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from co_pin_guy:

Waiting on my LE - distributor told me two weeks last Wednesday so I'm counting the days!

I was told two weeks on 1/6 and final payment was due then.

Can’t wait!

#707 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

I spoke with my distributor yesterday. According to him Stern is shipping LE's on the 25th to distributors in the order in which the distributor paid Stern.

Who is your distro?

My distro ships direct from stern not to him and then me.

#716 3 years ago

Just checked with my distro earlier and mine is still on track.

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Maybe I should reach out to Stern's head quality control manager and send him a 12 pack of New Castle and some other goodies so he/she can go over my game with a fine tooth comb? Really do not want a planking playfield, chipping around post, ghosted inserts, or playfield with soft top layer wood substrate that looks like crater city after ten games. Crossing fingers and hoping it is all good(hit or miss). Sounds like they are going to be cranking them out this upcoming week like soft-serve. If this game ends up being a keeper-hoping pf holds up and looks good.

Several who have pros commented on the PF looking good and clear appears thinner. Fingers crossed!

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had the same thought-holding breath, fingers crossed, and I may throw in some voodoo witch ritual magic spell for good measure. Really is hit or miss

After a few beers you don’t notice that stuff..lol

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I wish
I am anal OCD-I notice everything
My problem is I gave up caring because it is almost a waste of breath. My Jurassic Park Pro came with really bad planking and I decided to let it go especially because it is just a Pro. Now paying a premium for the LE should maybe have a slightly higher QC standard? Wishful thinking?

That stuff bothers me too, I was joking.

Probably wishful thinking regarding the higher QC but after hearing reports from PRO owners perhaps Stern changed the clear process a bit.

Maybe too early to know for sure though.

#739 3 years ago

Might need to rock this Electric Magic concert poster in the game room!

DF2A849F-6602-4975-8093-77B3F9588A14 (resized).pngDF2A849F-6602-4975-8093-77B3F9588A14 (resized).png
#745 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

The playfield on my pro looks good. No planking nor chipping around posts. Probably 50 games have been played on it and I don't see any dimples yet - time will tell. I was actually just admiring how nice it looks last night. Appears to be significantly better than my Aerosmith pro playfield, but I guess that's not a fair comparison right now.

My AS has been good, love that game. Real sleeper in my opinion and similar layout to MET so it’s a good alternative.

#750 3 years ago

Another game that gets a ton of hate really for no reason and it’s a flow monster with moving obstacle and good coding is the Stones. Swap a couple of tunes on PB and boom.

The more hate it gets the prouder I am to have my LE!

If you see it in the wild give it a shot .

Did I mention I can’t wait to get my LZ, I hope stern puts a photo out of them on the line today!

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i've been eyeing a rolling stones for awhile now. maybe after LZ arrives ill bite the bullet on it.

If you can find a LE it’s worth the upgrade.

Chrome armor looks great, mirrored back glass looks great, PF magnets and outlane ball save post pretty unique too. LE has 1-2 extra tracks as well for a total of 13-14.

Fast and hard.

I’m hoping Deeproot has success as they are planning a proper The Who pin.

Can’t got wrong with the Beatles, Stones, LZ and The Who!

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from Prophoto24:

Just spoke with my dealer. Said Stern just started production very end of this week, won't ship till end of next week. Expect them sometime the week after. I have waited almost 4 months for my GnR. Thinking this week and a half of downtime will be easy peasy. Sorry I'm starting to Ramble On. Can't wait to see this blue trimmed beauty in action.

So in the last two days we have production started Monday, a customer who got notified the machine is ready to ship and now production started late this week.

I don’t think anyone has a clue with the production schedule.

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looks good, I still prefer Superbands. Just got my blue and yellow from Marcos, waiting for finalization for Hermit figure, shopping subs-Klipsh R-120SW, Speedwoofer 10S, Polk HTS10, Polk PSW505, Two Polk PSW10, or I am really curious about a 700W MartinLogan Dynamo?
Still need some good cards to match the LE, I posted in card thread to Coindropper-hoping someone comes up with some good ones that tie in with LE art package.
Was driving yesterday and this song came on the radio-man I am getting jazzed up!
Crank it UP!

I have the Klipsch 12” on my AS and ACDC and it’s almost too much bass. I think I’m going with a 10” Polk this time around.

#804 3 years ago

Think LE’s ship with .91 or code with a code update?

You would think they would want it a little further along for the LE.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't you always have to pay up front for a machine?

Not sure, my dealer was 2k deposit and pay in full 2 weeks prior to delivery(estimated).

I was asked to do this on 1/6.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m in on a LE. My buddy ordered it but I traded a couple of pins towards it. Excited to get it. If we love it I will keep it and sell something else. If not, I’ll be selling it for my brother potc
I’m excited to play it. Ritchie is always hit or miss for us but I played the pro and that was fun

LZ will be more fun than POTC and this is coming from a POTC owner.

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

SW is a perfect example. The pro on that game is a little TOO little, but with the hyperloop it's epic. I know people have been dissing the Electric Magic spinner, but to me it looks like fun charging up that magnet.

Yeah love SW, not that POTC is bad but my sample group of people I have over to play pinball with don’t enjoy potc. They say it looks good but not fun and miss my stern potc. Lol

For most people less is more.

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are there any lights in apron, behind the flippers? Bksor had them there. Lz looks bright in that area. Hoping they are there already

There is a video that shows two spots in apron. I’m assuming this hasn’t changed, it was either a premium or LE though that I saw it.

#846 3 years ago

Hopefully someone plays this top of the charts game mode and reports back, sounds interesting.

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

I think it would be good if they got the shaker in time with the music. So like in the intro to Good Times, Bad Times when Jimmy strikes the E Chord it would shake or in the guitar solo to Whole Lotta Love when the E Chord again is played it would shake.
Or, maybe even if every time Bonham plays the kick drum it would shake so it would feel like a gig when you can feel the kick drum vibrating up your body.
That would really give the concert experience.

If the shaker was coded to lightly pulse to Bonham’s kick drum that would be sick, especially on Good Times Bad Times where everyone thought he was using two because of how fast it was.

#868 3 years ago

Blue armor looked great in that video!

#883 3 years ago

Any word when our machines start shipping out?

#886 3 years ago

Just curious, I’m hear people mention using 1 sub for two pins all the time, how exactly does this setup work?

#887 3 years ago

Anyone hear anything yet about LE’s shipping out?

Can’t imagine it taking more than 7-10 days for Stern to crank all 500 out at their current production rate.

#892 3 years ago

Anyone with a pro play the top of the charts mode from game start yet?

#894 3 years ago

Im a huge fan of pinnovators, I like the quality that you get from that device. I even used it on my Stream on the Pro at my Distributor. I am waiting for delivery of my LE. The game features on Sterns site claims that
"CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification"
I did not know this existed. Wouldn't this feature eliminate the need for the PINSUB kit as the sound would be good quality coming from the source?
Has Anybody used the line out audio and can verify this on their Pro? [quoted image]

I’ve been wondering about this as well.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That was also listed on a bksor prem I had for awhile and I used pinnovators on it. I already ordered and have here the pinnovators board fir lz le. I know how good they work and at $35 , no Brainer for me. Great products and support

I’m sure it’s a great product but if there is a line out directly on the board then why put something in the middle when it may not be necessary?

Anyone plug their sub into the line out yet?

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

The Stern factory line-out does not use standard 3.5mm or RCA connectors unfortunately. It's just a .100 header. I made my own cable - pretty easy to do if you have a crimping tool, but the pinnovators kits is pretty nice otherwise - makes it a plug and play affair.

Thanks for explaining that.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I agree completely with @John_1 that there really is not a measurable difference between the two. I will also add the most important part that everyone seems to forget is the liability aspect. Plugging into your main Stern proprietary CPU is not advised and can potentially cause future failures. Why take the risk? I really think "It sounds better" is more of the placebo effect and it is in your mind. Save the $35 and avoid hooking anything to Stern's CPU's. Now if Stern has a dedicated out-that is a different story all together.

So your saying save the $35.

How do you hook yours up?

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yup! It’s fun. Beat “Ray”
[quoted image]

Anything different about the mode vs what we’ve seen in main gameplay? Or is it secret?

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Good to know. That just just makes the case even stronger for only using one pin per sub if you are using the alligator clip method. Another plus in the Pinnovator column! Fortunately I have more subs than I do Sterns at this point.

If you worried about safety, soldering to the posts solves this and is simple.

Not saying one way or another is better but I hate having redundant stuff just for the heck of it. More things to fail.

#937 3 years ago

Accessories available on Stern site now, glad I ordered the topper with the machine, it’s sold out.

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Some places have them but I’m sure it will sell out in no time. It’s a cool topper
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/led-zeppelin-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7130-00/
Little shop shows in stock so if folks want one I’d order it

They were saying feb for availability, I’m guessing they wanted this stuff ready for the LE’s shipping out.

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Local radio station was talking up LZ pinball. Calling it the greatest pin ever. A lot of hype outside of the pinball world on this one

I’ve heard it discussed on the two local Philly rock channels several times since the December announcement.
Never heard anything Pinball discussed on these channels before so I agree, more hype outside the pinball world it seems.

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You play through all the songs in a MB mode, collecting and cashing in records. Like all the other games that have modes like this, it's fun if you don't have a lot of time and want a quick challenge.

I guess I should have asked if there were any animations, video content or fanfare that were unique to the mode?

#946 3 years ago

Instead of the pop bumper caps with missing band member perhaps something like this would be a better look with an appropriate color adjustment.

Has to be other options, of course the one with clock wouldn’t have the clock.

2B85EBED-F5B6-413A-84B2-C8AE5BFF64FC (resized).png2B85EBED-F5B6-413A-84B2-C8AE5BFF64FC (resized).pngC81D024F-BA1D-4C16-921C-60E688C05F86 (resized).pngC81D024F-BA1D-4C16-921C-60E688C05F86 (resized).png

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

My distro said today to expect first week of February for LE’s to drop.

Depends on the distro I guess, I was told fingers crossed for end of next week. The wait feels like it’s been months!

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh, that's a bummer if true. I was hoping the Premiums would be on the line by then.

They’ve been on the line at a minimum of this whole week and supposedly as early as early/middle of last week. Even at their current production of 75 or so games per day they should have all 500 banged out early next week.

I spoke with my guy on Wednesday and he claimed things were still on track to have my game by end of month, fingers crossed!

#956 3 years ago

Interesting, WtF!

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm not doubting they have pros, but if they do have le, with free shipping?

Free shipping is pretty std but do they have LE’s is the question?

I guess it’s possible if they were on the line last week at the clip of 75 a day. Automated is probably the largest Stern distro if I’m not mistaken.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I’ve heard Trent is the largest Stern distro, but I don’t know if that’s accurate. He gets loads of LEs I know

Not sure, Automated is pretty big. I believe they are also the largest JJP distro too.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

What would you want the “?” To be? Now that Stairway to Heaven is not happening, do you think the Final Wizard mode is another song? Stern please add an 11th. Wouldnt this be the first music pin with no unique music for the wizard mode?
Me - Use “Achilles Last Stand” Epic guitars and drums over 10 minutes long.

I’ll take dazed and confused or the ocean for ?

I honestly can’t see how it isn’t another song. With how the other two mini wizard modes are setup I can’t imagine them having you play the 10 songs again for the fourth time.

#975 3 years ago

Automated sent me a msg this morning that they leave the factory Mon/Tue and they can drop ship me one if I want it.

I already ordered elsewhere but appears they are on their way, finally!

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

We need to get The Ocean in somehow? Paging Mr. Cleland, will you please come to our rescue? How could we do it? Wizard?
Still need Coindropper cards as well-pretty please

No way to know this until the wizard mode is coded in. I’m hopeful it will be another song as the two mini wizard modes require you to play the main 10 song setlist.

Cleland did a nice mix on my Beatles where the 2+ minute can’t buy me love transitions to Day Tripper at the halfway point so worst case is you can do something like this.

I’m going to remain hopeful that the final wizard is a additional track or medley of tracks.

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll never see the wizard mode because I suck. So I don't care what song it is.

Nothing to prevent you from taking the glass off to see it! Why not?

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Steve and Tim will announce that after decoding a cryptic message from Mythgems involving lots of ?s, 3s, 21s, and 75s, they've been asked to use the Dazed from Seattle '75 minus the bow solo (which I don't think is a good sonic match for pinball )
Now go listen to all of this at a volume as high as local law enforcement will permit:
One fan's writeup:
http://www.theyearofledzeppelin.com/2008/09/day-204-3211975-seattle-wa.html

This would be cool with a really crazy light show and the games audio automatically adjusting to a ear bleeding level that can’t be overridden! Wear ear plugs if you can’t handle it! Can’t be worse than the scream on GB!

Part of me is thinking it could be from Celebration Day since they did use some of the art from it in the video display.

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Funny shit-sometimes in the summer if I play with the windows open at night, that scream goes off and I always am like-Hope my neighbors don't think someone is dying over here? LOL

Haha! My wife hates it.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Funny shit-sometimes in the summer if I play with the windows open at night, that scream goes off and I always am like-Hope my neighbors don't think someone is dying over here? LOL

I see your a fellow Stones LE owner, what number you got and are you rockin any custom tracks on it?

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am not sure on number-I would have to look. Honestly I think the numbers are irrelevant for RS LE-they were picked randomly and I think there are a lot less that were actually produced than people think. I decided to leave mine 100% original. I am really beginning to appreciate older Stern's that are bone stock. I now try and search for bone stock HUO's when looking for older Stern titles. Currently hunting for a Elvis, KISS, Sopranos and maybe a BBH. The rabbit hole never ends

They were supposed to make 350 but believe there are under 250, at least this is what I’ve heard from several people.

Love the game, super underrated. I only swapped a few songs for a couple must haves!

If we could just get a color dmd, game has some cool dots.

#990 3 years ago

Wow, truly limited I guess.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Honor prevents me.
The only time I ever do that is if I'm about to sell the game and haven't achieved wizard mode yet.

Well in that case it seems with reasonably good gameplay the two mini wizards are attainable so never say never on the final wizard mode being reached.

That’s something I truly like about Beatles, if you have a good game going you have a shot at getting one of the wizard modes.
Doesn’t happen too often for me but it is reachable.

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Decided to powdercoat my LE when it arrives. Which sounds best: 1)White with heavy gold flake, 2)Black with heavy orange flake, or 3) Copper metallic, or 4) Something else?

I like the sound of black with orange flake

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

The pro is getting some hideous rankings. Highly doubtful they are based on actual gameplay. So sad.

Yeah there are some pathetic individuals on pinside.

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure if you already pulled the trigger, but there is a huge difference between the Pro and LE. If you are a huge RS fan I would recommend holding out for the LE-very under-rated and the pop ups make the game play really unique. They come up periodically and there is actually one currently for sale on marketplace.

Other differences from pro are the mirrored backglass, chrome armor, 2 PF magnets, poweball and 1-2 additional songs.

LE is definitely the way to go for sure.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not to mention with the wide 'Fast Ramps' and 'Ceramic Navi-ball' make it literally the fastest game ever made in terms of ball speed.

Yeah it’s a blur at times.

Shaker motor is integrated well on the stones too.

Made it to Encore last night for the first time in years, was pretty cool. Records multiball played to Shattered was cool too, nice animations.

#1028 3 years ago

Posted this over in the mod thread but I think we need to start emailing stern to have these guys use the LZ Boeing 720 Starship for their video animations. They are using a next gen 737 and it doesn’t fit the vintage look.

Their starship color scheme matches the game color profile perfectly.

Here is what it should look like.

Drives me nuts they didn’t even think of this.

Anyone know how to email Tim or stern with a suggestion?

CD1EF9A3-0313-44B0-8384-3B5F4EF8608B (resized).pngCD1EF9A3-0313-44B0-8384-3B5F4EF8608B (resized).png

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Man where are these LE's!? Maybe its the anticipation but they seem a bit more lagged than normal behind the pro's

I agree, as of mid week last week my distro did chance I see it by end of week.

Automated responded to a inquiry I made about their LE being in stock, response said they ship today and tomorrow.

So hopefully we start seeing them this week!

Very excited for this one!

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

So I played a Pro on Friday on location. My 10 year old Daughter LOVED it. I thought it shot very well. I put down a deposit on a Premium on Saturday.

Awesome! Welcome to the club and you have to love the kids digging the music, timeless!

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It also bothered me that they used not only a generic plane but one with winglets which are a relatively recent innovation. Email [email protected]

Thanks..sent the msg. If you’d like to see the change made I suggest sending a msg too.

Need some LZ starship in there!

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hooked up a pinnovators pinsub to my game and man does the sound really come to life. Hooked it to a psw10, really nice improvement.
Also did a little more modding adding some psychedelic lighting to the mothership.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the mothership decal?

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just want my damn game to get here

Seriously, the wait is almost agonizing!

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I picked up a ghostbusters pro today to tide me over until zepp arrives

Great game!

Color dmd and the custom soundtrack is a must have.

#1055 3 years ago

We going to see any LE’s today?

#1057 3 years ago

Too bad they didn’t lead production with the LE’s to showcase and get the word out on the expression lighting system.

I think it’s gonna be a winner!

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did a 5 hour road trip yesterday to get a ghostbusters, must of heard 5 lz songs easily. Taunting me!!

Yeah, last night on get the led out on our local rock channel on ride home first two were The Ocean followed by Dazed and Confused.

I’d really like to see one of them as the final wizard mode.

It is taunting!

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I am told that the LE's will ship from Stern this Wed

The date seems to keep changing. Fri distro said mon/tue. Wonder what the holdup is?

Edit - my distro just gave me update, he has 10 LE getting picked up at Stern today.

So if there are any local Chicago area buyers we may see something today.

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

My distro is right here in Chicagoland. Hoping to hear something today also. Snow storm is over!!

Go get it damn it!

We need a report and some eye candy!

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I don’t know if I can pick it up at stern or if I have to get it from his store after he picks up his allotment of them. I’m 30 min from stern would leave now if I got the word.

Call you distro and ask, can’t hurt. Would be kind of neat to pick it up at factory.

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

A few more pictures for those patiently waiting for their machine. And as Hayfarmer said, a woofer replacement is a must. Low to medium volume sounds ok, but once you turn it up... well, you will want to turn it back down.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Art looks fantastic, for all the hate it got early on I think it’s f’ing perfect!

#1134 3 years ago

Question for those using the pinnovators products.

I’m a little confused how the pinsmix works when using one sub for say 2-3 games.

How is this wired up and what happens when two games are being played at the same time?

I don’t see myself running 10 subs but I like the idea of maybe 3 pins to one sub assuming more than one can be played at a time.

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Pinnovator's uses RCA jacks to the sub so make sure your sub is equipped.

So it sounds good even when two games are utilizing the single sub at same time?

#1142 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes. No issues at all. But if you're playing at any volume you can't really hear much anyways

This is true

#1143 3 years ago

Anyone getting their game today?

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

not me, it’s taking forever

I feel the same way, been waiting forever it seems. Partly due to the game being rumored for long time.

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Weird how they are being shipped. California got one Monday. My distributor is in oregon and is still being told mid nx week. Should of had mine today at latest if on same truck

I think main difference is some game ship right from Stern to the end customer and some distros prefer to have game go from stern to the distro and then on to customer.

Mine is going Stern to Denver to PA.

#1151 3 years ago

I buy my Sterns from JJ@Game Exchange, great distro and always get me what I want.

He doesn’t drop ship though.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

After about ten games or so, I decided to play GnRCE... one game and I was back to LZ. Then I thought I would put some time on AIQ, nope, back to LZ.

Love it!, don’t say this over in the GNR thread or you will get cancelled. It just can’t be this way in their mind. Hahaha

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Just got the call. LE coming this evening!

Hell yeah, post some pics and give us a review!

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

One more accounted for. Mirrored backglass is stunning. No need to change the powder coat. The blue is beautiful. And...it is fun. Really fun!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So how you liking the game?

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Delivered at midday......#77 in the house (for 1977). Took a few pics and then back to work. Sooooo painful waiting for workday to end, but another busy workday so it flew by. Got about 10 plays on it now though. Delivered with 0.93 code. Was very difficult for me to break away and post this. ha ha.
The Good:
The blue is a keeper - very hard to see in pics, but there is an underlying metallic look. No way I'm changing it.
It's snappy - just a hoot to shoot. So crisp - I have a JP Pro and AIQ Premium (not shown in pics - they are 90 degrees offset to the left of the LZ LE) and I have to say there is something about this pin that is different vs. those. My first Steve Ritchie so I'll chalk it up to that. Have it at 6.5 degrees.
Music - um, of course (but I'm a guy who carved Led Zeppelin in his 8th grade desk, so a bit biased)
Lights are cool - quite frankly though, I was focused on making shots more than the lighting
VERY happy with the right ramp and side ramp shots - saw a decent amount of rejects on a recent livestream on the right ramp, and heard about difficulty on hitting the "side target" on the pro.....however, I'm hitting both of these at a decent clip (and I kinda suck), so thrilled because I was concerned about this.
Multi-balls vs. single ball are perfect for my taste - just an enjoyable mix
The Bad:
Chip in the Invisiglass at the very top. Ugh. I contacted Distro - needs to be replaced.
The Electric Magic spinner stopped spinning. After 2 needle nose pliers repairs, it's working again. Seemed like it needed to be slightly bent inward as the arms were rubbing on the brackets and preventing it from spinning (yes, I was pissed....but glad it's working now!).
At first glance, it definitely looks like a barren playfield compared to my other 2 pins. Clearly, this is getting to some folks who are trashing it. Although this is in "The Bad" category (you know...first impressions and all), it's not an issue once you start flipping. Music, Magic Spinner, and awesome snappiness takes over.
Sound quality - a bit underwhelming, so slightly disappointed. I'm a musician and bit of an audiophile snob though, so take with grain of salt please. I know folks have recommended a sub - will no doubt be doing that as it's a minor investment compared to the price of this thing.
Have no idea what I'm doing code wise, but will work on that.....
Now if you'll excuse me, I have something to go do. Cheers!!!!
Edit: Added comment on sound
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s a beaut for sure!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1179 3 years ago

Ordered 8 pinnovator gizmos today along with 2 pinsmix and another sub, going bonkers!

Can’t wait!

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Are the Premiums in stock anywhere or is it pre order only at this point?

Should be on the line at Stern very soon as the LE’s are probably almost done being built.

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Ok thanks. Love the art blades and lighting on the premium. Makes a huge difference for sure. Wonder if the art blades and light add on for the pro will be readily available and not low stocked like the toppers. That is a must have IMO. Without it makes the pin look so much more barren.

I read somewhere the lighting is somewhat limited or at least that is what the distro website said.

If barren(I prefer to say open)is a concern I wouldn’t go with a pro. The lighting, the electric magic mech and 4th sideways ramp definitely seem to add to the experience.

#1204 3 years ago

Whose getting their game today?

Love seeing the pics and excitement!

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The pro must be pretty good, only 1 for sale in market. For all the smack talk I was expecting more. I think pro will play just fine

My distro told me their pro sales were a little softer than expected at least initially and LE/Pre was strong seller so far.

I think the pro likely plays fine but if your the type that has to have stuff or questions why something was removed it’s a no brainer the PRE is the ticket for this type of buyer/player. That’s all I was saying.

#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does the electric magic capture a ball and take it under the Playfield or just holds it while up?

Takes the ball under and holds it for a bit, when it does the music muffles a bit like your going backstage.

It also holds the ball for you to knock it out.

So it’s almost like 3 features in one.

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s cool.
Can you hit through it and up the middle ramp? I saw someone mention that, but from all the pics it looks unlikely.

Well, it’s only been two days since they started showing up in homes and a couple have said it’s possible. I thought it looked off in the photos but depending on the camera angle it might be better in person.
One of the reviews said the shot felt good so I’m taking that as it was done more than once.

Pretty cool if that’s the case, rip the spinner through the mech and up the ramp or hit the icarus jumper.

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image]

Can’t wait to see pics and your review!

#1251 3 years ago

What does action button do besides select song and tour mode?

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Code is deeper in acdc. LZ is easier to shoot. They play nothing alike.

I think LZ could evolve to a fairly deep code, we will see.

#1263 3 years ago

Those Titans look good!!
Im worried the spinner arm will bend again , we shall see

Great steam today..really excited to get my LE this week!

Did you get any photos of the spinner issue?

#1269 3 years ago

The video that was posted from Empire Pinball of the unboxing really shows how nice that Blue armor is, I had no idea it had a subtle metallic flake to it.

Good lookin game!

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

The expression lighting lens looks like it has a glittery appearance, is this correct or a lighting reflection?

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Mod squad people. Please come up something cool to replace this plastic guard. Maybe something interactive like the HOH ramp cover.
[quoted image]

What is the hoh ramp cover?

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

One has spider webs decal other has bits of 8 mm film. Lermods has the lighted lz cars, would look good there

Don’t like the cars and while those pop caps are ok I think it’s a bit off because it only has 3 of 4 band members. He should of put all 4 on each cap or created 3 different caps in same color palette like a Icarus, 4 band members and the third could be something else.

Looking forward to seeing the Memel mods pop caps, he said they are coming soon.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had another mod idea for the magic spinner.
Not sure I like the decal with just plain flat color album art on it, with no reflection?
How about a decal with a picture of a holographic colorful guitar pick to match the playfield art package? Having cool reflection for super spinning action will help tie in the magic?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

This would be awesome! Even a lit spinner would be cool.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Mine had same problem again. After a few plays out of box the arms got bent on spinner. Removed top. Bent back into place worked fine. Next day same issue. With all this bending back in place I’m worried the arms will break soon. Contacting stern today to request new spinner to have on hand. Least they can do is abide.

Any idea what is causing it to get bent? Is it rubbing on a post or some other part of the mech so that when ball hits it with force it just mashes the ends of spinner?

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Point of impact on the spinner
My guess is as magic is raising and lowering the ball still get inside. I feel the balls are hitting and bending the spinner. One other thing I noticed is no real protection on the top edges of magic. I’ve nailed the plastic a few times. Only a matter of time before that gets broken. Been trying to be careful with shots as it moves up and down.

Probably should have had a metal trim or protector around the edge.

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It is super thick plastic and sits on a metal plate underneath that goes all the way to the edges. So it shouldn't be able to be bent upward to break like a normal plastic can. Perhaps in a perfect end blow, but even then PTFE is pretty darn tough especially when it is that thick. I won't say that it can't break, but it shouldn't. That said, I'll be buying a replacement plastic or two just in case haha. The hole it comes out of in the playfield is also completely lined with thick metal, so there should be no issues with playfield damage either.[quoted image]

Didn’t realize it was that thick, hoping my game comes by end of week.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:I do agree with that but not sure what the fix is for this. game number two it chips.. I am not blasting Stern I love the product but this sucks to get an LE and it breaks 15 min after I start flipping. I hope they offer a solution but the game is great.

So you don’t think some sort of leading edge type cliffy would work?

Back when Beatles launched a couple years ago I reported a serious Airball issue with the first week or two of games being shipped. They were already aware of the issue and they made a airball fix kit right away.

Everyone needs to report this to Stern and I’m sure they will get on a fix.

#1324 3 years ago

the arm where i have the circles is what must bend to the 45 degree angle. As you can see, they are rubbing against the holder, causing friction, so that it gets stuck. After bend it will NOT
[quoted image]

Steve R said to bend the holder or bracket and not the arm.

#1326 3 years ago

yes he did. Im trying to get clarification on that from Stern. That does NOT make sense to me. Mine worked fine. Then 10 games in stopped. I believe my ball was BASHING the wire spinner, and bending it. I could visually see the bend! My ball was certainly not bending the hard metal bracket! I have played many many games now after bending it with no problems. He is right that you do NOT have to take off the top! The second time I bent it. I did not disassemble!

I’m wondering if since the spinner was jammed on the brackets that caused the spinner arm to bend, weakest link.

If by slightly bending the brackets creating a bit more wiggle room then spinner arm can’t bend or get jammed up.

#1333 3 years ago

Haven’t seen the expression lighting and how the panels are mounted but could this be having a impact on the tight glass fitment?

#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can't imagine that wouldn't of been addressed at factory. Only a few have commented on it so far, hope its isolated. But, too loose is worse. I took lock bar off maiden one day, turned around and glass slid out and landed on the carpet. How it didn't break is beyond me.

Yeah, not Sure how Stern does things at factory. Seems they sit with glass off for the build, test it and shove the glass on and box it up. If the glass goes in better for some reason they may not catch it.

Your lucky that glass didn’t break. Several years ago my glass on a machine barely and I mean barely touched the side armor/rail while taking out and boom. Million pieces. Must have just nicked it the wrong way.

#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

It’s 30 or 60 days. Haven’t gotten a solid answer. Anyway. If you buy an LE for home use I believe you should have a warranty untill code is finished. For example my Iron Maiden had a node board crash after an update. My distro Mike got me the board but Stern wanted the $250.00. He got it taken care of. I only had the pin for a month or two.

Stern has always been good about taking care of things well past warranty date.
Just be sure to notify them and your distro of the issue.

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So the spinner must be sitting too low? The ball is partly hitting the spinner arm or at the level of the arm. When the spinner is fully down, would the ball pass clear under the arm or is it hitting the spinner at or above the level of the arm?
Edit: is the ball jumping on the lip between the pf and the baseplate of the magic mech, and therefore hitting the spinner too high? Some slomo footage needed I think. Surely Stern is working on it.

I agree slowmo would be good. Ball could be jumping a bit.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The spinner might be an easy fix but it sounds like it's easy to bend it out of whack again . Maybe, like someone suggested, it's hitting too high. Most of us have other machines with spinners and have never had a problem. I expect Stern is working on it.

I have no doubt there is an issue but improper bending weakens the tensile strength of the wire. I think the brackets need to be species better and a drop of oil.

Once you bend them wires too much they are compromised and I’m sure that is why Steve didn’t recommend a simple wire bend.

#1398 3 years ago

So has anyone attempted to fix the spinner following Steve’s instruction yesterday to NOT bend spinner wire?

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from Prophoto24:

#177 in the house! Just got delivered from JJ at Game Exchange. Ready to get the Led out for the next few hours.

Nice, he’s shipping mine out today and hope to have Friday!

I can’t believe all the shit people said about the art, it’s really a stunning looking game.

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I didn't talk shit bout the art, but was concerned. But I figured pics were at maximum lighting for press photos. Looks so good in a lineup. Now just need those toppers to complete it.

I wasn’t referring to you, I was talkin bout all the haters over in the other thread.

#1406 3 years ago

Anyone play around with the jukebox mode yet and is there any attract clips or sounds in the settings?

#1420 3 years ago

Yeah, I can’t take the wait any longer!

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

If you are having problems with your magic spinner mech, read this before sticking pliers into your beautiful new machine. I was just having a conversation with PinStadium and the topic of the problematic spinner came up. He found a solution that doesn't involve any tools and at least in our cases, totally fixed the problem. He has given me permission to post his solution here:
"The fix for the spinner is that it was put on wrong at the factory. I tried the plier trick posted by Steve Ritchie but it only works for a game or two. I figured it out and flipped it over. Rotate it 180 degrees by just pinching in the outside legs to release it so you can move and rotate it. After rotating it you'll notice the number is upside down on the target decal. That's the way it will look after you fix it unfortunately but oh well, it rips like crazy now and I hope that helps you. You can do it without removing the top plastic cover even. You don't need any tools just push those legs inward with your fingers on each side and it will come out. Then squeeze it when you put it back in (rotated 180 degrees from original) one side at a time"

Put a new decal on if it’s upside down, there should be some spares in your goodie bag. If not I’m sure stern would send a few.

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey this is a perfect reason for someone to make a holographic replacement spinner decal. Am I the only one that wants a holographic spinner decal? Bueller Bueller Anyone Anyone?

I’d like to see one and would give it a try. Can always change it back if I don’t like.

The mod threads have been pretty quiet.

#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

IMO you shouldn't need any lubricant on spinners. They have been in pinballs for decades and don't need lubricants. Lubricants eventually gather pinball dust and cause the spinner to show down or gum up. If the spinner is aligned properly it should be good to go and go and go....

Quoted from pinmister:

I tend to agree, but this spinner will take some fast direct ball hits and I feel a little lube may help? Not too concerned about build up. It will not be like the gobs of grease they used for STTNG cannons that eventually gummed up-I remember cleaning out that gunk a couple of times. Also just taking Steve's recommendation

Simple fix if it’s installed upside down like previous person mentioned. No lube or oil needed.

Can’t hurt to flip it around and give it a rip. Again, worst case you need to replace the decals if they are upside down.

#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have had zero spinner issues so far, but I have less than 20 plays on my game because I've been busy. I have to think there is something going on here that is one of two things.
One, maybe the spinner is getting hit hard up high while the assembly is still rising/lowering out of the playfield and just bricks instead of going under and spinning the spinner? This would bend it backwards and cause issues. This could possibly be fixed in software by only raising/lowering the assembly when it is safe. This being a Ritchie game with no stop and go aside from a single saucer, there are not a lot of options along these lines when there are no balls moving on the playfield.
Two, maybe the assembly is not sitting flush and the ball is hopping at the entrance into the spinner? Or maybe it is the metal protector plate embedded in the playfield sitting up a little high at the entrance and the ball is hopping off of it? Running my finger across mine it is sitting flush and maybe sticks up a single mm.
To me both of these things should be fairly obvious to people having problems if that is what is happening. I suppose other things could be at work. Please post more up close pictures of the spinner when it is failed. Maybe the wire is not crimped into the spinner well and it is rotating?

If something is getting smashed and bent or moved out of place it would be visible as the wire and factory bends wouldn’t look uniform and if the bracket were getting smashed it would likely show it by being bent or twisted slightly.

The person who mentioned the upside down or backwards install could be onto something. I’m sure Stern has had many new people on the line doing assembly because of Covid.

Hoping it’s a simple adjustment.

#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

If this were the case how is it the game designer Steve didn’t mention in his fix suggestion. Have to believe he would notice the spinner was installed backwards.

Doubt it would show up on the couple games of testing where the balls are tossed around by hand. Doesn’t seem to be happening on everyone’s machines also which would maybe support reverse install. Who knows?
He did say don’t bend the wire only bend bracket for more space. I’m thinking people that went to town bending the spinner wires only made it weaker.

#1470 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Look what just arrived!
[quoted image]

Wow that was quick for the premiums

#1471 3 years ago

We still on track for Feb accessories?

#1480 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Nothing flashes on my LE when I hit the flippers. Was this only a premium thing?

He’s talking about the spotlights in the apron behind flippers.

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Ok. I just fired up the machine. I do now see the lights behind the flippers. They stay on steady do not flash on mine during game play. Are they supposed to?
Oh and 3 or 4 shots at magic spinner and it’s jacked up again. I’m so sick of pulling the glass down. Be nice if stern would respond going on 3 days and nothing from them.

Have you tried adjusting the bracket that holds spinner rather than the wire itself?

You want to try and move it either way so it doesn’t bind, and throw a tiny drop of oil on it. Apply with a Qtip if needed.

Those lights should be steady, think they are spots not flashers.

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Yes. I moved the brackets slightly the day Steve mentioned as a fix. There was plenty of left/right play for spinner to move freely. Worked great for a few games then ended horizontally and arms were bent to shit. I removed the spinner straightened out the arms got spinner perfectly vertical gave it a few spins. Worked perfect. Few games later it was jacked up again and arms bent. I’m done messing with it. Since I wasn’t getting any response with my email. I called Stern today talked to a lady in parts. I asked to buy a new spinner if they wouldn’t give me one. She told me she would not sell me one. She connected me to Tech support. Got voicemail for Patrick explained my situation asked him to respond to me. Didn’t hear back from today.

Try turning spinner around, someone posted a theory it may have been installed backwards. He said he fixed his this way and has worked great but decal is upside down. Can always replace decal if that’s it.

#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im not sure that could do anything. If you turn it around its going to be exactly the same. The spinner and wire are symetrical so flipping it wont change anything.
Edit: I’m thinking if your spinner is already bent, flipping it around might fix it until it gets bent again the other way.

Not sure, won’t have my game until Friday but I thought I saw a photo where on one side bend was down and other was up. So flipping would put the bend in different direction on opposite side of bracket. I’m sure it’s only binding on one side, would almost be impossible to be both sides.
I honestly have no idea, just repeating what someone else claimed worked.

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:And my, how the tide has turned. Happiness here in the LZ thread, with the exception of some tweaks or some out of box issues, and LEs are selling for above MSRP. Meanwhile, GnR $1000 price hikes and no games until summer. I don't care what the GnR fanboys say...I'm really glad I got the LZ and it's going nowhere for a long, long while if at all.

But the value, the value and the lights and all the plastic bullshit toys...lol

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK, one more post before bed. I took a close look at the opto spinners in Beatles and LZLE in my game room along with the pictures people have posted of the malfunctioning spinners and the fix that Steve Ritchie posted and have a pretty good theory. I always put precision oil on all of my game's spinners. Over the years I have noticed that all good functioning spinners have a little play back and forth left and right if you hold the bottom edge in your finger tips. The mounting brackets on LZ seem to be a little too close together and there is only a little bit of play compared to the opto spinners on the Beatles. Even still there is more play on mine than it appears there is on the ones pictured here as malfunctioning.
My recommendation is to only bend the brackets and not the spinner unless the spinner itself has been bent for some reason. If you can't move the spinner left and right at least a little bit (1/16+ of an inch or a couple of mm) then you need to bend it further and put a tiny amount of oil if possible while you are in there.
The brackets are built into the ball guides that goes through the assembly. They are held down it appears by the posts on either side of the spinner entrance. It might be possible that there is some play there if you were to loosen those posts and move the guides open a bit. It would not take much to make a difference. For now a little bending should help. I made a crude drawing if people can't visualize what I am fumbling to say. As I mentioned this is just a theory, but I think this is likely the issue.[quoted image]

Thanks for drawing that. This should help.

#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Mechs: After seeing the game in person I can guarantee you that Zepplin was designed to physically lock the ball at one point in time. Guaranteed.

You do realize that the mech does physically lock the ball and takes it beneath the PF while your playing the other ball? It’s like going backstage and music gets slightly muffled until it comes back into play from under PF.

I consider this a physical lock.

#1526 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Little off topic but wondering why Spanish? I could see a handful going to Spain? I cannot see any going to Mexico(I may be wrong?)
French, German, and others but is Spanish really a main language for customer base? Just curious?

Probably because Spanish is the second most spoken language in the US.

#1531 3 years ago

I would also consider it physical lock. Albeit not conventional but still a physical ball lock.
Also FYI When the ball locks in Electric magic. You have options for 2, 3 or 4 ball multiball depending on how many of the other eject/scoop shots you can make before magic releases the locked ball.
If you lock a ball in both the other ejects, It will then auto plunge another ball and then you have 4 ball multiball. If you fail to make any of the additional lock shots. You would only have 2 ball multiball. AKA the locked one and the one in play.
So technically these are ALL physical locks

That mech does quite a bit, physical ball lock, captive ball to bash off the magnet, opto spinner and a magnet that can sling the ball backwards or forward. All depends on what you have going on in the game. Pretty darn cool!

Forgot, you can also shoot through to hit the Icarus and even the center ramp.

Both of which have to be satisfying shots, can’t wait to get my LE tomorrow!

Rock N F’ing Roll baby...whooohoo!

#1534 3 years ago

Now that we have many games in homes, what would we all like to see added as code is developed?

Create a wishlist

#1540 3 years ago

I still think they have something up their sleeve for the ? Wizard mode.

I just don’t see what else it could be with the assets that are currently used for main game play and the two mini wizard modes.

Tim really hyped the shit out of it so if it’s playing the main 10 songs in some other fashion it doesn’t make sense.

I’ll be happy with one more song for that wizard mode.

I would really like to see them create more of a tour specific vibe to each of the 4 tour modes rather than just a label and a aircraft flying around. Could be concert posters by city, ticket stubs etc...

Need to get my game to see what else needs polish.

#1544 3 years ago

No way they do this without SOME sort of pay for play. I thought that'd be the topper but they can sell toppers with flat plastics and some lights for $850 without featuring additional content, so why pay for songs?
Everyone has FOMO with toppers now. It's a frenzy.

Maybe maybe not.

Again, everything is centered on playing the 10 complete songs to platinum to get there. If you don’t you have another shot to boost sales to platinum in the mini wizard top of charts again focusing on songs you didn’t complete. The other mini wizard is the 10 songs too.

Don’t see how they can add a 4th game within a game that is centric to the 10 songs.

Maybe that’s all it is and Tim was just excited and over hyping the special must be earned super duper cool wizard mode.

#1550 3 years ago

I would think that if you had an additional licensed Zeppelin song - and you paid for that license - you would use that as part of the marketing/sales strategy. That's an asset. Unless you're so supremely confident that everyone will just buy it for theme already.

I don’t think Stern needs to market anything with a LZ pin because if it has 10 or 11 songs really doesn’t matter in the big picture. LZ pin speaks for itself.

I’m just saying Tim hyped the shit out of the final wizard mode on multiple podcasts and it’s not even in the code yet.

It wouldn’t be the first time of a late add after the release either.

Im going to remain wishfully optimistic!

#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

I know they can't do this because they only have the 10 songs (hopefully 11) and are unable to add any extra songs but it would be cool if after 3 or so starts of the Electric Magic multiball it would start a Moby Dick multiball.
With the music already going quieter when the Electric Magic goes down it would make sense as it would be like Plant, Page and Jones are going backstage while leaving Bonham on stage doing the drum solo.
Even though this isn't possible I can't wait to see what extra rules they come up with for the Electric Magic spinner.

That’s a interesting thought, any restrictions on using a long driving solo?

There are no lyrics so I wouldn’t think it would be as restrictive.

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

They did it for Kiss and Metallica so I wouldn't rule it out.

They even threw an extra song or two on the Stones LE’s vs the pros. I also think that was a late add.

#1554 3 years ago

Ughhh - can’t deliver my game until Saturday at some point or I can go get tomorrow. 40 minute ride.
Decisions decisions, should I start a poll on what to do? Lol

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from domrod:

I don't know, I'm not sure how all the licensing stuff works.
What you said further down about how a couple of Rolling Stones songs got added later on sounds promising for it though!

Metallica and Kiss were definitely after release additions the Stones I don’t exactly remember how it went down that the LE got more music than the Pro.

Just shows it’s always a possibility.

#1615 3 years ago

I’ll be requesting The Who and Jimmy Buffett.

#1632 3 years ago

I stuck with delivery for tomorrow vs pickup today.

Can’t wait, what a great weekend LZLE and the super bowl.

Need to get a new keg for my bar!

#1636 3 years ago

Someone did mention upside down or backwards. Do they mean how the wire goes through the actual spinner target is wrong?

Confusing????

Maybe one of these guys who aren’t having issues can post a pic of theirs for comparison because not every seems to be having this issue.

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Look at the pic and drawing in the stern emai I got. The pics are completely different. Notice the position of the arms in both pics. Which way is correct.
[quoted image]

Looking at my Beatles with two opto spinners top picture is correct and same on SW, ACDC, AS, GB and Stones.

#1641 3 years ago

Yeah, I see what your saying.

We need some of the dudes not having issues to post a pic.

I get mine tomorrow.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

#17 in the house! The Saia warehouse, that is. Waited all day and got nothing. Called them at 4:30 and they said they were "going to give me a courtesy call" at 5 (after waiting all day) to say the delivery had been pushed to Monday. Can I come pick it up? Nope. It's already locked on the delivery truck for Monday.
Congrats to all who got theirs...I'm jealous.
If anybody needs me, I'll be in the kitchen with my head in the oven.

Ughhhh

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Spread the bracket a bit. Little bit of oil. Spins like crazy, but comes to rest horizontally now. Any ideas?

Lead tape bottom edge...lol! Joking of course.

Such a simple mech, what a headache.

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I tried all the other fixes, no more binding. But it woukd stop horizontally. Reversed as you suggested, all working great now. Does not make sense, but I'll take it. Going to play a bunch tonight and tmrw so will see how it goes. Thanks

You able to post a picture of the reversed orientation?
Is only downside the decal?

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, let me get the tractor back in game room to pull the glass and I'll get a pic

lol...at
Least we don’t have to worry about it vibrating with our shakers and woofers!

Shakers, woofers and rockin f’ing roll! Lol

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Looks like that’s the only downside. Stickers suck anyway. Will put on some nice hologram ones when someone designs. Crazy the designers couldn’t figure out the spinner was backwards. Pinside is a great place!!!

There are spare spinner decals in goodie bag correct?
If it bugs you swap them and get more from Stern.

#1670 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you lay your head nearly on the glass you can see upside down 61. Not a concern at all
[quoted image]

So the 61 is backwards but isn’t the graphic correct?

#1679 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

This is all that came in goodie bag.
[quoted image]

Really?

That has to be the least amount of extras ever from Stern.

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hey guys. Just got an LE home thanks to a really cool Pinside member that answered my wanted ad and sold me his LE. Love it so far. Only thing I saw that looks curious is this clear plastic that sits really close to the side art. In fact I was too afraid to pull up the playfield to have a look at the undercarriage for fear of scratching the side blades. Will likely remove it first. Anyone else have it this close?
[quoted image]

Get the side art protectors that you drop in when you lift the playfield.

#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also loving the English guy for call-outs-fits perfect and reminds me of my Rolling Stones.
Also animations-kick ass!
Was trying to think what I do not like about the game? All I could think of was I do not like the exposed wires on right ramp optos. Seems silly but wish they would have tucked them in better, used more shrink wrap?

Anything you think needs polish?

Earlier this week they announced we will be getting another update soon.

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It's not so much people are bending it once and it's fixed, it's that some had to do this 3 times-that's what really got my attention.

There lies the problem, improper bending, bending the bracket and not the wire was suggested and a little oil.

When mine shows up today I’ll start with a drop of oil, if there is an issue I’ll move onto the bracket, if still an issue I will reverse it and then last resort is bending the wire.

This is just based off Steve R recommendation and what I gathered from everyone here.

#1714 3 years ago

Anxiously awaiting delivery truck!

In the meantime got my scoreboard art set to post some scores!

FEF091CB-C3C7-49FC-92B6-20E934BAAA6B (resized).jpegFEF091CB-C3C7-49FC-92B6-20E934BAAA6B (resized).jpeg
#1730 3 years ago

I had a chance to play quite a few games and just need to share some of my findings. Game is amazing shooter and the code as it is, Is excellent.
Each song is different in its characteristics and shots that need to be made. Songs change shots based on what part of the song you are in (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc). This is done very well! I especially like Guitar solo. The Solo on some songs lights the Center ramp. Which is an easy shot. I try to hit Icarus just before the solo to get my multiplier active. Then just watch the millions rack up repeatedly hitting the center ramp!
I am especially Liking Kashmir. Here is why.
Kashmir Verse shots start at Left eject and right orbit.. Every time you make a shot on the left (during verse) It will move the next shot one over to the right. When you make the right orbit shot, it will move the next shot one over to the left. The goal is to alternate shots, from the left to the right until the shot converges in the middle ( Center ramp). Then your center ramp shot will be the lit shot for the remainder of the chorus. I was able to take Kashmir to 17 Gold records doing this getting 5M plus center ramp shots.
My goal right now is to get to Top of Charts multiball (Wizard Mode)
I made it!
The coding inside of Top of the Charts is incredible.
To get to Top of the Charts you need to have at least 5 Gold records in all 10 songs.
Once the mode starts, your goal is to get the songs to platinum status buy getting all the songs to Platinum status.
The mode is coded very good right now. If you had 7 gold in a particular song, you now have to get 3 more gold in that song to reach platinum and then move to the next song. They also included add a ball as each song goes platinum. It also incorporates ball locks in this wizard mode. Which is great because you only lose Top of the charts, if you drain all balls or do not reach platinum by the time the song ends. So buy locking a ball, you have one in reserve in case the one your playing drains.
This game is amazingly challenging and fun. Its easy to understand!
I was 5 gold records away from ?multiball.
Here are some of the notable accomplishments
1.5 Billion Score
Icarus 12.9 multiplier
20M song jackpots
Electric Magic 7M spinner value
Note ( spinner value will keep increasing WITHOUT resetting if you keep it spinning. I.E. Spinner does not stop)
I went pretty far inside of Top of the charts. I was only 5 Gold away from ?multiball
I posted the gameplay here

I guess its good you didnt make it to ? multi ball because its not coded in yet. that would have been a bummer!

#1737 3 years ago

#451 has entered the building!

Photos to come

#1742 3 years ago

Didn’t set my game up yet but has anyone not had to do anything with the spinner?

Is it worth playing a game to see how it works first?

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Not sure if they will add it. Aerosmith never got one.

Don’t think it’s a selectable feature in the menu on AS though, at least I don’t recall seeing it on mine.

#1773 3 years ago

Well after a evening of playing non stop 4 player games no issue to report with the spinner.

Looked good out of the box and added a drop of oil to each side via Q-tip and it rips big time.

Love the game, blistering fast and many satisfying shots.
Favorite being through the EM and up center ramp, did this several times and the hot shot side ways ramp is repeatable once you get a feel for it. Actually like the Icarus leaper as well.

Code is excellent for being in its infancy. I’d like to see some more fanfare for the tour modes to make the unique from one another from a graphics standpoint.

Be nice to have a callout with Band member name when you collect as well.

Hooked up the sub and sounds great need a tutorial on the equalizer, if anyone has optimized the settings for the 10 band EQ please share.

Glass is tight but manageable which is good because there is no rattle whatsoever.

Only thing that is a little wonky is my left scoop when hit is a little bit clunky sounding, anyone else notice this?

I also thought a saw a airball hit the left wing of the Icarus leaper, only happened once so I’ll have to keep an eye on that. Thought it caromed off a target.

Super pleased with the overall package!

#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya scoop is noisy , pretty close to sides of cabinet. I set my equalizer in a V shape, not quite to bottom in the middle.

You able to take a pic?

Did you notice any difference in sound in doing that?
I’m assuming your running your sub now with the adjustment

#1782 3 years ago

I’ll give this a try tomorrow, thought it sounded fine at the defaults with the sub added.

#1784 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Sounds good. But I ordered pinwoofer, have used in the past

Those setting increase music volume and callouts correct?
I thought they were plenty loud but I had master volume set to 22/24.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Setup LE #24 last night and today, game was perfect right out of the box, no spinner issues and being one shouldn’t fix anything that’s not broken, just put some white lubricant grease with a q-tip on the sides of the bracket and through the holes where the wireform goes through so no friction. I have to say too that I absolutely love the Stern unboxing experience. The way they wrap the legs and put them on the sides, near impossible to cut with the utility knife or scratch up and the washers for the screws while putting the legs on are the perfect size for a socket wrench so no marking them up that way either. When unboxing JJP’s, you have to really watch, the legs aren’t wrapped and they can come crashing down and damage easily so many different ways, plus they are heavy as hell, I was able to put LZ together in the garage, and move it inside without taking the door off, what a relief. Cartoon Gary on the playfield glass always brings a smile too, love that guy. Guys, the Lermods Hermit is a MUST. It fills the otherwise sparse area in the back right corner and I think it looks aesthetically pleasing as it’s the right size to balance with the Zeppelin on the left and the lantern flickering is Awesome, too! I added some apron protectors, chose yellow and put up my makeshift topper too until the official one comes in, chose yellow vinyl as well. Something cool, I met Steve Ritchie at a show once a few years back and he was signing translites, I didn’t have a game of his at the time and was kind of bummed out because I sold my T2 many moons ago so I think it’s super cool that the game is singed by him and feels like redemption. Steve, if you ever read Pinside? I just want you to know that my wife played both GNR and Zeppelin tonight, she rarely plays pinball, I didn’t say anything and I asked her which game she liked better? And she said Zeppelin before I could even finish! I asked why ands she said that it was faster and more fun. Then the very next thing was.. and oh my God, just look at it! That GNR seemed old. That she liked when the songs came on, but was weirded out by the weak plunger skill shot. Lol. Overall, I think LZ is fun, period! And I’ve played and have owned a heck of a lot of games in my lifetime. It ain’t going nowhere! Love it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the flipper art?

Anyone getting the Big Ben/Parliament mod from mezel mods?

#1791 3 years ago

Forgot to mention this, minor issue I had when setting up the pin my backbox was extremely tight when lifting up into position to put bolt I and it wasn’t being restricted by the wire loom or anything. Never experienced this before.

#1792 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Getting some pretty decent games in with long ball times and long game play. This game is fast and challenging but the outlanes do not seem as hungry as other Ritchie titles. One thing I do miss is an actual kick back in outlane. I love the kick back feature but having it cue to the shooter lane tends to lose that magical feeling of the feature. Still love the kick back but wish it was in the outlane.

Could be setup, I’ve been getting some serious outlane action, not quite to the level of ACDC or SW but I would say this would be next out of mine lineup.

#1793 3 years ago

Tried the top of the charts mode last night, hope they add some graphics to the multiple instruction screens along with high score entry. Love the drum sounds but need something more for display.

Hoping mod makers come up with new sling plastics or a decal for the factory plastics.

The pop caps really aren’t terrible but hoping someone’s provides another option. Not digging the translucent drum ones I saw.

Anyone order the shooter from Stern?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
571 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.