20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#565 3 years ago

Just ordered a premium from Cointaker!

#630 3 years ago

We need some Zep love. Stainless drum kit-check. Jason Bonham autograph-check. Books, magazines and posters-check.

20210110_110247 (resized).jpg20210110_110247 (resized).jpg20210110_110259 (resized).jpg20210110_110259 (resized).jpg20210110_110340 (resized).jpg20210110_110340 (resized).jpg20210110_110401 (resized).jpg20210110_110401 (resized).jpg20210110_110423 (resized).jpg20210110_110423 (resized).jpg20210110_110436 (resized).jpg20210110_110436 (resized).jpg20210110_110710 (resized).jpg20210110_110710 (resized).jpg20210110_111256 (resized).jpg20210110_111256 (resized).jpg

20210110_172116 (resized).jpg20210110_172116 (resized).jpg
#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks great. Where did you find the hermit tapestry?

https://www.amazon.com/s

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks great. Where did you find the hermit tapestry?

Thanks. Just waiting for my LZ premium!

#665 3 years ago

Forgot these.

20210113_092347 (resized).jpg20210113_092347 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1076 3 years ago

Got the shaker and knocker kits for my premium. Patiently waiting.

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

My Premium will be delivered tomorrow afternoon!

Need pictures please!

#1816 3 years ago

Got word that my premium may get delivered this week!

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Anyone hear anything about premiums on the line yet or is it still CE’s? I saw a couple pics of premiums and wasn’t sure if that was a fluke. Lol

May get my premium tomorrow depending on amount of snow. It is at distributor about 70 miles away.

#1995 3 years ago

Got my premium this morning. Game looks so much better sitting in your house. Glass is super tight. I replaced it with Invisiglass and it is slightly looser. I had to bend both the side brackets holding the spinner. It has worked great ever since. It does rip! It is a great player.

I like the looks and sound. I do not mind the call outs. The sound effects are great. The factory speakers are good enough for me also. The side lights are also great. The pin is a beauty.

I do not like the new on/off switch location on the back box.

This pin will never leave while I am still living.

20210210_081635 (resized).jpg20210210_081635 (resized).jpg20210210_092604 (resized).jpg20210210_092604 (resized).jpg20210210_092614 (resized).jpg20210210_092614 (resized).jpg20210210_102147 (resized).jpg20210210_102147 (resized).jpg
#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Nice collection and damn you have just enough room barely to fit them in there.

Thanks. I moved the pool table two feet. I used my lift table on one end and pushed it. I guess I am done.

#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I think it's more about the height than the depth - I am guessing you are not much for toppers...

I would like the cloud on TAF but...

Someone skimped when they built this house.

#2026 3 years ago

Spinner in EM keeps bending arms and hanging wrong. Must be taking hits on the edge. I have to bend them straight again so it hangs correctly.
Maybe the arms need to be a lot thicker.

On a good note, I put in a shaker from Pinball Life in my premium. Took about 20 minutes and works great. Plug and play.
Instructions should say to plug in to CN16 not CN2. Had to trim the cover to clear the coinbox surround.

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Since I turned my spinner around, no issues at all. Don't know why, maybe the spinner is weighted or curved slightly. Weird fix, but seems to work so far. I sent pics to stern, of spinner and top plastic getting dents, got initial reply of more pics, haven't heard back

Did you take it apart to get the arms out of the holes?

I have 8 pins with spinners and they all have the bottom slanted forward.

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Before you go flipping it around I would lube it. I put some dry lube on qtip and applied to arms and I’m 125 plays in with no issues.

It spins great since I bent the brackets out. The bottom edge is getting hit causing the arms to bend.

All the spinners in my 8 pins including LZ are tipped bottom forward. Maybe it should tip backwards.

#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No, just spread bracket ear enough to get spinner out and turned it around so dark image is facing forward[quoted image]

OK. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks.

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m not sure, most of mine are pretty vertical with only exception being Beatles which are opto spinners as well. Almost same orientation as LZ with bottom edge out slightly.
Either way you can tell by the wear to the bottom middle edge of spinner decal whether forward facing or reverse it’s taking a beating.
@hayfarmers looks just like mine except I didn’t spin mine around.
Edit - added Photo to show wear along bottom edge[quoted image]

All the photos of EM that I see have the spinner bottom tipped forward.

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The bottom of spinners tip forward because the playfield is sloped and the spinner is held vertical by gravity.

All my spinners are bottom forward. None of them are perfectly vertical.

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe slightly forward but wouldn’t you agree the EM spinner is a little more than the norm?

Yes on both! Must be balanced to sit at a certain angle.

We need an engineer to explain this.

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, too loud is too much. But its just so much cleaner and crisper. And more bass. I like to rock out occasionally, then go back to just above normal volumes. Kinda have to on this pin, flippers are really noisy and left eject clunky too. Gotta look to see if I can quiet that down somehow

I like the left eject clunk. Maybe it is intentional.

#2102 3 years ago

I just installed a real knocker in my premium. I turned off the virtual knocker. Does anyone know how to activate the real one?
I did not find anything in the settings.

#2140 3 years ago
Quoted from zosofan:

Did you use this kit:
https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html
I did and followed the instructions at the bottom and it is working great.

Yes. I installed the PL kit. I turned off the virtual knocker. Is it necessary to turn on the real one in settings?

#2144 3 years ago
Quoted from zosofan:

Yep.
Step 12. Go to the "Adjustments" section.
Step 13. Go to the "Standard Adjustments" section.
Step 14. Navigate to the knocker volume setting and change it to "OFF".
Step 15. Navigate to the Q24 setting and change it to "KNOCKER".
Step 16: Exit the service menu and enjoy.

Thanks so much. I missed the last two pages of the instructions! Got it now. Time for new glasses.

#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Is it LE only?

Premium has the equalizer. I just changed mine to a smile.

I ordered Flipper Fidelity speakers from PL to put in LZ. They made a vast improvement in my LOTR.

#2283 3 years ago

Do you open or save file with new code. I did both ways and can not open the file.

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm no computer expert, but I always hit "save" and let the computer do it's thing-took about 30 minutes for me. Then you have a zipped file which you must "extract". You can hit
"Extract all" or do the 3 files one at a time if you can't find the "all". Then you transfer to a formatted drive then to pinball.

Thanks. Each time I saved the files it only took 6 minutes. I will try again.

#2325 3 years ago

As ForwardToThePast said, turning around the spinner works. After I spread the brackets and re-bent the spinner, the spinner still got bent from taking hits. I took off the EM top and turned around the spinner. The bottom of the spinner now sits almost vertical. Spins like crazy.

As others have said the shots from the upper right flipper are all possible. I have done two crossovers in a row. I also made the center ramp from the upper flipper. I have done multiple combo ramp shots with all three ramps. The game is definitely a Steve Ritchie masterpiece in my view.

So far I have put in Flipper Fidelity speakers, red Perfect Play flipper bands, clear button shields and replaced the visible clear GI bulbs with frosted white.

I do not think the playfield is barren. The EM adds a lot. Many other Sterns are similar such as EHOH, MET and IMDN and they play great.

#2330 3 years ago

Changed. Thanks Hayfarmer and @Benjam47.

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Are those chips or cracks?

Dents. Mine is also dented.

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its actually 3 pieces, spot welded together. Not sure if its a revision or same piece
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are the spinner arms thicker?

#2425 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven’t seen anything from Stern saying this is official fix. Only document stern put out said to adjust bracket. According to several here flipping it around apparently works for whatever reason.

Adjust the brackets out for clearance and turn around spinner. Easy if you take the top of EM off.

#2433 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm wondering why spinner is 3 pieces of metal and not 1. Are all made this way? Is one piece slightly heavier or more bottom weight bias? Mine would come to rest horizontally, and since I reversed, not 1 issue
[quoted image][quoted image]

The wire has to be curved inside so it will not moved once it is inside the layers. One piece would have to be cast with the wire inside.
The inner bottom piece must be heavier.

#2434 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I removed the top piece of the EM, bent the two metal brackets out with pliers a fair amount, added zoom oil and put it back together. Did not reverse the spinner.
Haven’t had a single jam in the 20 odd games I’ve put on it and it spins like crazy.

Mine has not jammed since moving the brackets. But sometimes the spinner rests in a different position. Just looks strange. Works though.

#2457 3 years ago

When I reversed my spinner it now has bottom going toward the back. All my other spinners are leaning bottom forward. Works either way but it takes some hard hits if it is bottom forward. Did Pablo from Stern say why not to turn around the spinner?

I also fixed the Icarus. Cleaned it up and lubed. The top screw was loose. I put a piece of mylar over the target face to cover the groove caused by the metal piece that the ball hits to raise Icarus.

Anyone else hit the crossover from the left flipper? Happened so fast I do not know how that worked!

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i am having trouble downloading the newest code,i go on sternpinball.com go to lz le and hit download but cant get past pdf agreement.

Me also. You can just see the top of the next "button" to click on below the agreement. I clicked and it downloaded in 6 minutes. Could not open though. Got an error message. Not sure why the page will not scroll down. Will try again this weekend.

Added over 3 years ago:

Went to tool symbol on top right and changed zoom. Now all of screen is viewable.

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If yours is leaning back now it seems like it was correct before. Did you have issues before you reversed it?

Worked great but I thought it would continue to bend the arms. Has not been stuck since I bent the side brackets.

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

He didn’t really, I posed the question and said is it possible that they were installed backwards and didn’t think it was likely. Said engineering was looking into a fix.
I think I hit that shot once and was a hard carom off the rock targets.
I’ll one up you, have you hit right ramp from third flipper? I’ve seen it once and was ridiculous.
Clearly not an intended shot!

OK. I will look for that shot. It looks possible but low %.

#2464 3 years ago

I have my LZ premium a week and have around 160 plays. Love it! Gets better every day.

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can’t really tell if spinner arms are bent or mangled but maybe I will remove the top plastic to have a look later. Hard to tell as is.
Interesting theory and unless Stern uses heavier gauge wire or changes the balancing to counter this, we can have all the spares we want but it will not sit correctly.

Agree. The spinner may need to be beefier.

The EM spinner is heavier than the Icarus spinner. Maybe not enough though.

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

That's exactly how mine was and it started to get banged up so I did the 180 flip and it sits much better now.
[quoted image]

Mine sits like this also after I flipped my spinner.

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i tried and your right it doesnt scroll down enough,but i got it on my stick lets see if it works.thanks

How long did it take to download?

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i wasnt paying attention but about 10 minutes

OK. Did the install work?

#2500 3 years ago

I have downloaded the files for LZ premium update. Is it necessary to open the files or just copy them to the thumb drive? If I need to open the files, what software is needed to open a SPK file? Why are there 3 files, apparently with the same name?

Led Zeppelin (resized).PNGLed Zeppelin (resized).PNG

#2510 3 years ago

Can someone tell me where CN 20 or 21 is to plug in flash drive for code update? The back box has two spaces marked CN9.

Stick in CN9 did nothing. Thanks.

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's those two side by side USB inputs on the CPU board. You put it in first and THEN turned the game on, right?
Also, making sure you unzipped the downloaded files and dragged all three folders into the root directory of your USB. That makes a difference as well.

Thanks. The manual should say CN9. I will try.

#2517 3 years ago

Finally got new code installed! Thanks to @Jamesays, @beelzeboob, Diamond and @sepins!

#2576 3 years ago

LZ IS NEVER LEAVING!

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I make the custom drumsticks-I would only need 1 of them. The extra drumstick will be sent to drummermike at no charge because I like his name and Avatar

You can get actual JB sticks online. Not cheap though. Promuco from Amazon. $28.00.

#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

Once I did the update to .95 code last week, I started getting a slow boot up, with a blank screen (actually, I see a black rectangular box on the screen) . The unit will cycle through a 2nd time and then reboot successfully. It did not happen with the old code.

Mine starts the same as this. Plays OK.

#2696 3 years ago

I think the easiest solution is to drill larger holes in the brackets and put in a spinner with much thicker wire arms.

My reversed spinner hangs slightly forward and is working great after many plays though.

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This is my first modern Stern.
Same here, still learning menus and settings.
Bot used to this style. Im old school williams bally guy.
On a side note....WHATS UP?
Is there 2 owner's threads?

There is a second thread but is not as active as this one. Only 37 posts.

The Official Stern Led Zeppelin Owners Thread(The Mothership).

#2727 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One of the mod guys had a mothership color option Zep that looked pretty cool but forgot whose it was. Would like to see what it looks like in the game.

#2729 3 years ago

To all the LZ premium owners, please rate your pin to get this model in the top 100 list. Fifteen more rating are needed.

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Lermods has it

Sorry about that.

#2733 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i might misunderstand the question,I am refering to the red mothership decal

Mezel has red letters on his zep mod. It does not look like a decal though.

#2870 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

First time poster here. Been lurking for a while, but decided to join in on the fun. Seems like some cool people around here. I Ordered my first-ever Pinball machine back on 2/2/21 - the Led Zep Premium - should show up in a month or so from Great American Pinball in West Chicago. Great guys to deal with. I'm very excited to say the least...Ordered up some cool mods from Lermods as well as the space coast Doubleneck guitar cover. Really looking forward to getting this in my house! I've learned a lot from scrolling these pages and I will still have a lot to learn as I move forward. Cheers to all and thanks for the great info you've all provided so far. This game looks insanely fun! Can't wait for it to arrive!

Welcome. You made a great choice for the first of many pins!

#2906 3 years ago

Anybody else not able to attach pictures?

Switched browser. Works now.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No prob here, my granddaughter!
[quoted image]

And the cycle continues!

I will check my settings. I have no icon for attaching a picture.

Nothing.

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

May be the browser you are using, may try Google Chrome?
Boob-I want to see the pics of your shooter and Big Ben installed

Yesterday it was working. Today it is not. I did not change anything. The bar below the reply block is blank.

I would send a picture but I can't.

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

May be the browser you are using, may try Google Chrome?
Boob-I want to see the pics of your shooter and Big Ben installed

You were right about the browser. Internet Explorer does not work now. Thanks.

20210304_112139 (resized).jpg20210304_112139 (resized).jpg
#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone think this plastic would look better lit?
It’s one of the few that has some nice art and not lit like the others.
[quoted image]

I just added a clear cool white light under this plastic. I used the hex post to mount the light socket. Drilled a small hole for the wires and soldered them to one of the lights behind the ROCK targets. Put a black plastic hole plug in the art plastic hole to block the light when playing. Better now.

#3088 3 years ago
20210309_175415 (resized).jpg20210309_175415 (resized).jpg20210309_175332 (resized).jpg20210309_175332 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3346 3 years ago

Just added the Mezel Mods Big Ben. Fills the empty corner nicely.

20210323_152419 (resized).jpg20210323_152419 (resized).jpg
#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wait till you get to EM Frenzy SJP. With your sound set up it's gonna be mind bending...</blockquo

Wait till you get to EM Frenzy SJP. With your sound set up it's gonna be mind bending...

Got there last night for first time. Got my score up 5X. EM Frenzy SJP is awesome! New code is a great improvement.
I must be playing better because of the clock tower!

20210324_082714 (resized).jpg20210324_082714 (resized).jpg20210324_082809 (resized).jpg20210324_082809 (resized).jpg20210324_082852 (resized).jpg20210324_082852 (resized).jpg

#3359 3 years ago

We need 11 more ratings for LZ Premium to get on the top 100 list. Please help my OCD. Thanks.

Added over 3 years ago:

Now only 10 more ratings needed. Almost there!

#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

the ramp light mod looks great have you seen the photos.nice clock tower

Thanks. I saw the ramp lights but I do not think I need them. The right corner needed to be filled!

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Is anyone else having consistent EM spinner issues?
I’ve bent the arms a couple times, but seem to somehow end up bent over time.
Sometimes within a few games.

Did you install the new code? Code changes the EM game play to protect it. Spinner should not get smashed with new code.

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Hello - What an amazing group! I love how supportive you all are of each other. I am honored to tag along for the ride. This is my first owned machine (Pro). Loving it!
I am curious how you have your machines set up for scoring. I played around with mine to start but have reverted to factory default. Is that how you all have been playing? The Pro version comes with Zeppelin Lock, Left Lane Ball Save, & Tour Qualify, all set on Easy, & Beginning of Ball Save set at 2 times. Is that how you all are playing?
Any insights are appreciated.

My Premium is on factory settings with 5 ball changed from 3.

#3384 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

there is a upper limit adjustment on the bottom of the mech. the actual motor is on a plate that can be adjusted.

I think he means when the EM is up and the ball rests on the back of the EM. Not much to stop that. I shake it off.

#3430 3 years ago

Thanks to Eddie at Stern for sending some warranty parts so quickly! My Zep is now looking and playing great.

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Played a nice round on a pro yesterday and the updates and tour modes (spinner especially)- very enjoyable. A couple questions for premium/LE owners as I haven’t played one:
-Did Stern fix the timing of the EM mech raising/lowering in code? I like the uninterrupted flow on pro.
-How often do you hit the third flipper ramp shot on premium/le?
I hit the middle ramp once on the pro by pure luck. Not easy.
Thanks for your input guys

The new code fixed the EM mech problems. It comes up when the ball is in a safe stationary spot.

I hit the crossover ramp quite a few times each game. The ball coming out of the shooter lane sometimes makes the ramp also.
I have made the middle ramp from the third flipper. Combo shots are fast and fun with this pin.

2 weeks later
#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

I’m thinking of purchasing a Shaker Motor Kit to upgrade my Pro. Is the effect worth it? Should I worry about increased wear and tear on the machine caused by the increased shaking. I appreciate your thoughts.

Shaker is great. I have shakers in seven of my pins including LZ. They can take it!

#3605 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I was invoiced for my Premium on April 6. I cannot wait for this bad boy to arrive!

You are going to love it! Please rate it to get the Premium in the top 100 list. We need 7 more Premium ratings.

#3635 3 years ago

Premium owners are answering the call. Only 5 more ratings needed to get Premium on the top 100 list!

#3646 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

hey wheres your avatar? mine was lost in the shut down so i switched from my 57 chevy to my 55.

You can't see my drums?

The 55 is the best out of the three!

#3724 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i see them now

I did an update on my avatar.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I noticed that too. Seems weird that it says production planned and I've had my LZ premium for 9 weeks. Well over 700 games played!

Four more ratings on Premium and it will be in the top 100 list. Then it will be listed as in production.

1 week later
#3976 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I’ve been going back and forth for 5 minutes. I’m stumped lol. Got a hint?

Black rubber replaced with blue.

#3997 2 years ago

Only 1 more rating needed to get LZ Premium on the top 100 list! I know you are out there.

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

Does anyone carry the OEM Stern shaker motor? Stern is out and I’ve not found it anywhere else in stock. I know there’s an aftermarket version available, but would prefer to still with the factory option.

I got mine from Pinball Life. Works perfect.

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

Did you get the OEM vs or their version? I’ve heard there can be some compatibility issues with aftermarket ones.
Aftermarket:
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Stern OEM:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Thanks.

I got the aftermarket unit. It works great. Plug and play. $20 cheaper and the f/a unit is out of stock.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

All my games have shaker motors is it necessary on Zep

YES!

1 week later
#4367 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

What's the consensus on shaker motor for this one? Is it must have or easy pass? Some games it's tied into the code well so trying to decide if I want to add it or not. Thanks

Get the shaker!

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

added a little something to that bland Icarus target...
[quoted image]

Is there a reason why the post rubber is down?

#4486 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Damn - Didn’t even notice...I’ll make it flush with the other one. Thank you buddy!

#4620 2 years ago

I put mine at a different spot.

20210304_112139 (resized).jpg20210304_112139 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4780 2 years ago

Just got a new top for EM spinner and another set of spinner decals from Stern. Top had been on backorder. I told them I did not need the top after installing the new code. Got it anyway. Thanks to Stern for the great service! I will put them away for spares. EM spinner has been working great after reversing spinner and installing new code.

#4792 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Heyyyyyy, how come I didn't get decals?

They may have been sent in error.

#4801 2 years ago

For some strange reason I like the sounds when putting in your initials for a high score!

1 week later
#4877 2 years ago

Is is possible to reuse the original decals?

Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone in here hook up a sub or upgrade speakers. I’m Thinking about sound upgrade options.

I put in Flipper Fidelity speakers. Simple swap of 3 speakers. Kit had red rings for the backbox speakers. I left the foam out. Perfect for my Premium!
Sounds and looks better.

#4885 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The parts shortage just isn't in pinball. Can't even get parts for farm equipment either, and I'm not talking bout computer chips. Metal, glass and plastic all comes from China now, hard to get anything. Buddy owns a glass shop, says glass is the next shortage to hit us. Better have extra playfield glass at home, This is going to get worse before it gets better.

I have 4 extra glass because I put in invisiglass in 4 of my machines. Also have 1 extra wide glass. My TZ had invisiglass and the regular glass when I got it. Never broke glass yet!

1 week later
#5023 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

My Icarus is getting stuck in the up position. Anyone else have this problem/fix?

I took mine out and coated the metal shaft with WD40. Works great ever since.

Make sure the shaft is straight.

#5024 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I have big Ben and a few other mods. Just added some flipper skins (not a fan but wife likes) and a shooter lane protection today.

Big Ben mod is great.

#5025 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I’m putting my order in as soon as I get paid. Can’t wait. Anyone do the Big Ben mod or the light up car mods?

I did the Big Ben mod. It fills the empty corner and looks great.

2 weeks later
#5234 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

this new download has 3 files, correct? First time updating a machine...

Each update file has three sections. Al three sections should be copied to the thumbdrive.

#5237 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I usually have to copy each of the 3 one at a time from download on computer to usb or it wont work.in my case anyway

Yes. I also copy each of the three one at a time.

I drag them over to the drive one at a time.

#5238 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thank you guys - I copied all 3 files to my Drive - 2 large files and one small one. Will try the update tonight.

Put the usb in the backbox with the pin off. Turn on pin and follow instructions on screen. Fast and easy.

#5272 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I travel a lot, and don't always search for updates
Please clarify...so I cannot skip FW Revs?
Thanks

Just put in the latest version.

#5277 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Looks nice honestly I’d like a Bonham behind drum set but I know I’m in the minority being a drummer

Plus one for that!

#5280 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

What's everyone's thought on the pro model. I was thinking about getting one.
I was thinking about the pros cuz the expression lights will give me a seizure.
Not literally but I don't feel like getting a migraine and I like the cabinet art of the pro.
Thanks

You should try a Premium. I do not notice the expression lighting that much when I play my Premium. It is not overwhelming.

#5415 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I would have been all over an Archer if Stern had used that theme rather than Iron Maiden. If I ever did buy an IM, I would have to load all new music or play it with the sound turned off until I could make the change. I always figured a mix of Hendrix, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple would go well with the art on that game. But yes, even disco is better than Iron Maiden.

Sorry, Disco is better than NOTHING!

4 weeks later
#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Joined the club! So what are the “essential” mods for the prem?
Is it worth getting a shaker for this game?
[quoted image]

Get the shaker! It is well integrated in LZ. Six out of eight of my pins have shakers.

1 month later
#6472 2 years ago

I tried black on the flippers and the slings. It was OK but now have red on the flippers and blue on the slings. Will put the black back on the slings eventually.

#6489 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

do those come in a kit or did you need to put it together ? thanks

Pinball Life has Perfect Play individual rubber in many colors.

#6491 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think they play much better than titans or super bands, especially on a pin as fast as LZ.

I never played Titans, they look great. Superbands look great also but seemed to affect play negatively when I had them on the flippers.

#6493 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup, on a fast pin, they like to jump the flippers when you try to catch

I catch the ball easily with the Perfect Play. To me they are similar to rubber in play.

#6495 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agree! Meant to say the super bands bounce over

By the way, love your avatar!

#6499 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you even imagine a rat fink pin? The art alone would be worth buying. Wish I had all my rat shirts from growing up in the 60s.

I think I had a RF plastic toy. Pin would be amazing.

#6500 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Superbands! THANK YOU! I forgot what they were called and I used to use them exclusively. I'm going to try them behind the drop targets and next to the left ramp...they may be the only things that don't break there.

SB are sturdy but are not as reactive as some others. I have some yellow SB rings in my Funhouse. I could not get all the sizes I needed in Perfect Play at the time. It's all good.

#6531 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

This also just snapped on mine. I am waiting for the rubber rings to arrive still, but would also like to know how this works. That looks like it makes sense to me.

Mine also just broke! The manual has the picture of the ring installed. I had to put in a 1.5" ring. I have extras but no 1.75".
Next time it breaks I may put in one large ring and a small post ring instead.

1 month later
#6918 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

One thing I noticed. The new code read-me said the adjustment to turn on/off the EM Frenzy light show was default to OFF. When I went to change it, it was already set to ON. So the default must be "ON".

Mine was on also. No issues so far with new code.

1 week later
#6985 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Is it worth updating code? I am on 1.02 on my premium.
[quoted image]

Always!

2 weeks later
#7087 2 years ago

Big Ben fills that corner nicely.

3 weeks later
#7252 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put a 2" perfect play on after factory one shredded. No need for it to be so tight. Works perfectly

I did the same. I did not have a 1.75" in my parts bin. 1.5" was too tight.

2 weeks later
#7376 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Got my NIB premium today. Fun game! Thinking of changing the cool white GI bulbs to warm white. Anyone try that?

I put in frosted cool white and some frosted reds to cut down on the blinding effect of the clear domes.

#7411 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have a positive question on Magic Spinner on My LE.
Had issues after a week. Ordered the kit from Stern.
Before kit I arrived I did the flip as suggested and now no issues after about 50 games(Don't get much time to play)
Do I need to instal kit or if it's not broke don't fix it??? Just worried it will eventually bend the arms that hold spinner???

I flipped my spinner and have no more issues. I did this over a year ago. Hundreds of nonissue plays. I have a new Stern spinner but never put it in.

I would wait to replace.

1 week later
#7469 2 years ago

New code seems to have a more dramatic light show with the expression lighting. I like it!

#7473 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Interesting….the read me file states nothing about about an ES enhancement. Very cool! Looking forward to this as I love what they’re doing with the ES system in RUSH.

I may be mistaken. I may just have played a different mode and noticed the lights were different. The pattern was something I had not seen before. It was dramatic to me.

3 weeks later
#7583 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where did you buy your rubber rings at ?was it a kit ?anyone go with other than black ? thanks

I did red slings and flippers. Tried blue but red is better.

1 month later
#7742 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Alrighty guys...had a plastic fall off. Walking out the door. Help me out to where this goes?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It goes on a bracket on the pop bumper cover behind Icarus. Prevents ball trap.

#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

And it's in and it's beautiful.
Going to be a good night!!
[quoted image]

Perfect next to RUSH. I will do the same in June.

4 weeks later
#7852 1 year ago

When playing my premium LZ today, I noticed two of the LED's are dim or do not light at all. Play or test is the same result.

The R left outlane and the O return lane are both not working properly. They are not bulbs.

Any help is appreciated.

4 months later
#8316 1 year ago
Quoted from Zac1:

I have a led zep pro.
Has anyone else had issues with the 2inch rubber behind the drop targets constantly breaking ..
2.5inch seems to big and sloppy
Sorry if has been asked before

The manual calls for 1.75" ring. I use a 2" ring. Mine broke twice. I ended up putting two post rings on to try to prevent more breakage. The ball must be slamming into the ring directly on the post.

20221023_173348 (resized).jpg20221023_173348 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8470 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is there a way to play the game without the music ? Does the music ever get old while playing ?

The music is timeless. Can't get enough.

#8482 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

The rubber behind my zep drop targets has broken twice in a month. Any suggestions? I was using Titans but clearly they don't hold up for this area.

See post 8316 for one solution.

1 week later
#8536 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Finally got the entire lineup to Invisiglass. I feel not many will think this table is worth it, but I think it's the most deserved! The topper and backglass blow out the playing field with glare and boy is this a relief.[quoted image]

I only have one pin without antiglare glass. LZ definitely deserves that glass.

2 months later
#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from Dsexauer:

Has anyone had the rubber by the pop bumpers (behind the zep targets) continuously break?!
Has there been a good fix for this?

I put two small rubber rings on the post next to the ramp, under the long rubber. Mine broke twice before this fix.

See picture in post 8316.

2 months later
#8781 12 months ago

You may need to lower the electric magic assembly if there is a lip stopping the ball from going in the back. I cannot see if that is the case from the pictures.

The game should have the level bubble between the lines. No need to raise the back at an extreme angle.

4 months later
#9030 7 months ago
Quoted from Bandit78:

It took a while, but finally found a Premium for a great price and only about 200 plays. This is my first machine newer than Bally KISS. I plan on ordering a mod for lighted speakers and would like to know if anyone has a recommendation based on their experiences?
[quoted image]

The Big Ben mod fills the right corner and looks great.

1 week later
#9060 7 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Traded in my Space Mission I just restored and picked up my premium late last night on a killer deal. Has ELs and even invisiglass. The playfield is perfect and this didn’t see many plays. I’m guessing the previous owner gave up because the spinner was slightly bent on EM. I grabbed some forceps and fixed it so it comes to rest vertically again and gave it a drop of 3 in 1 oil and now it spins like mad. I need to dial in the level right to left tomorrow when I get a chance because this game really hates being off level I’ve noticed.
[quoted image]

LZ and RUSH side by side. Perfect!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=drummermike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.