20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 193.
#8901 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Odd thing is happening. My lower right flipper is all of a sudden regularly getting stuck in the up position while playing and the only way to get it back down is to hit the left flipper button.
I’m not too experienced in flipper adjustments - is this a common thing as they star to wear?
I’ve never messed with my leaf switches.
Any tips appreciated. Thank you!

Yep. New coil stop. Clean the plunger and put in a new coil sleeve while you're at it. Very easy. Just the two hex head screws that hold the coil stop in place.

#8902 10 months ago

Thank you LOTR!

#8903 10 months ago

Curious how plays you have on your game?
These stern stops last, what guys, 1000 Plays?

#8904 10 months ago

Topper ? Yes or no ?? The Zeppelin topper seems like a bargain compared to my new Rush topper… thoughts ??

#8905 10 months ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Topper ? Yes or no ?? The Zeppelin topper seems like a bargain compared to my new Rush topper… thoughts ??

Yes, it's a great topper.

#8906 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yep! Definitely see some gold and black dust in the front of the cab. Just watched a YouTube video. My first step will be replacing the stop. Thank you for the education Sullivcd40!

I usually buy 10 stops and 10 sleeves to have on hand ,only pay for shipping once.

#8907 10 months ago

Thanks for the tips guys - replaced the stop and sanded the plunger to get rid of some burrs and I’m good to go. Learned some valuable info today and it’s appreciated! Mike at GAP just hooked me up with a new coil stop and some valuable info as well. Having a party today so perfect timing to get it fixed.

Fair amount of plays as you can see so it lasted a while….

Definitely going to buy some in bulk James.

And yes on the topper - it’s pretty cool.

IMG_1326 (resized).jpegIMG_1326 (resized).jpeg

#8908 10 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ball launch is not designed to go into the Zep/Hermit shot. It should go into the LED stand-ups, preferably the D target. The guide coming out of the shooter lane is adjustable.

Adjusting the shooter lane guide is optional but improves the gameplay in my opinion. During multiball the balls have a much better launch path coming up the Hermit Ramp and to your right flipper. It took a lot of design work to make this possible. I believe there is not enough power in the auto launcher to make it up the premium ramp but it seems like this was the original designer's intent. when a ball launches during multiball or ball save the code does not register the Hermit shot so it won't give the player unwarranted points. Also, the skill shot is still achievable even with the adjusted shooter lane guide.

Quoted from Groo:

It’s a little hard to tell from the picture do you have a close-up of the target and how it meshes with the ramp? I imagine it just hits it on the way up through the loop? It looks awesome.

You are correct! Here is an image inside the ramp.

IMG_9524 (resized).jpgIMG_9524 (resized).jpg
#8909 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yep! Definitely see some gold and black dust in the front of the cab. Just watched a YouTube video. My first step will be replacing the stop. Thank you for the education Sullivcd40!

Yep I always keep a complete flipper rebuild kit on hand. Also once you put the pinball life coil stops in you shouldn’t have anymore problems with those.

#8910 10 months ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Adjusting the shooter lane guide is optional but improves the gameplay in my opinion. During multiball the balls have a much better launch path coming up the Hermit Ramp and to your right flipper. It took a lot of design work to make this possible. I believe there is not enough power in the auto launcher to make it up the premium ramp but it seems like this was the original designer's intent. when a ball launches during multiball or ball save the code does not register the Hermit shot so it won't give the player unwarranted points. Also, the skill shot is still achievable even with the adjusted shooter lane guide.

You are correct! Here is an image inside the ramp.[quoted image]

I ordered one. I’ll try it out. When I bought the pro that was the one part I was pissed they took out.

#8911 10 months ago

I grabbed one as well. Can’t wait to try it out.

#8912 10 months ago

InteractivePinball Just ordered pro hermit ramp as well. I was stoked people were doing this since I saw this awhile back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/170#post-7293734 - I messaged the guy I think it was a personal project.

Also -what 3d print material do you use? Just wondering because PLA is hydrophilic and can warp over time.

#8913 10 months ago

The return ramps are very nice and glad there are options for plug and play, using the current target, and changing out to an opto as well. This change could literally be the difference between keeping the machine and moving it on. It's the one thing I don't like about the pro.

#8914 10 months ago

pinballjah - The translite looks great! Good quality. Nicely done. Thank you.

LZ-Translite (resized).JPGLZ-Translite (resized).JPG
#8915 10 months ago

I'm excited to see the Hermit Ramp in your machines! I love my Led Zeppelin Pro but the upper flipper definitly deserves this ramp! Please share what you think of the Hermit Ramp after you've installed it. I went with PLA material for the variety of color and finishes. The material shouldn't deform unless you contunuously get it very wet. I've used 6 walls so the Hermit Ramp is very durrable.

IMG_9144.jpgIMG_9144.jpg
#8916 10 months ago

I'm excited to see the Hermit Ramp in your machines! I love my Led Zeppelin Pro but the upper flipper definitly deserves this ramp! Please share what you think of the Hermit Ramp after you've installed it. I went with PLA material for the variety of color and finishes. The material shouldn't deform unless you contunuously get it very wet. I've used 6 walls so the Hermit Ramp is very durrable.
[quoted image]

Will buyers be able to get replacement pieces at a reasonable price if/when one of those PLA pieces happens to break sometime in the future, would you make the print files available to buyers? Just thinking that the vibration could cause stress on those fixed points over time.

#8917 10 months ago

It’s a beautiful thing. Well done.

IMG_5293 (resized).jpegIMG_5293 (resized).jpeg
#8918 10 months ago

Just threw mine in. I’m not adjust it so it goes straight to the ramp from the trough eject. It does work when I hit it with the upper flipper.

IMG_0224 (resized).jpegIMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
#8919 10 months ago

It looks like you need to snap in the other side above the inlane. Only one of them is snapped tight to the existing rail wire. I really do like the design of this and even if it doesn’t go up and around all the way, it will still score the hit. I do smile every time it rides that rail back!

#8920 10 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

It looks like you need to snap in the other side above the inlane. Only one of them is snapped tight to the existing rail wire. I really do like the design of this and even if it doesn’t go up and around all the way, it will still score the hit. I do smile every time it rides that rail back!

That bracket just won’t fit i tried it every way that front always pops off.

#8921 10 months ago

I kind of went back-and-forth on mine a little bit, but it is clamped down fully now. It’s amazing how bad I am at the machine. I was trying to hit the shot with the glass off even and I’m terrible.

#8922 10 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

I kind of went back-and-forth on mine a little bit, but it is clamped down fully now. It’s amazing how bad I am at the machine. I was trying to hit the shot with the glass off even and I’m terrible.

That’s a hard shot.

Yeah I tried fiddling with it a little more this morning. Still can’t get it to clamp.

#8923 10 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

That’s a hard shot.
Yeah I tried fiddling with it a little more this morning. Still can’t get it to clamp.

It looks good in your machine! The Hermit Drop clamps that fit over the rails are divided into sections so one section can expand around the wire form brace. This brace can be in different locations on machines. Press firmly directly over the brace circled in red until there is a hard click.

IMG_9544 (resized).jpegIMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
#8924 10 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Will buyers be able to get replacement pieces at a reasonable price if/when one of those PLA pieces happens to break sometime in the future, would you make the print files available to buyers? Just thinking that the vibration could cause stress on those fixed points over time.

I stand behind my products and will help customers out when needed.

#8925 10 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Just threw mine in. I’m not adjust it so it goes straight to the ramp from the trough eject. It does work when I hit it with the upper flipper.
[quoted image]

Nice work with the quick install! That shot in the game is a tough one but so satisfying when you hit it!

#8926 10 months ago

I stand behind my products and will help customers out when needed.

Ordered. Thank you for taking the time and engineering a workaround for the dead end shot on the Pro model. I actually really like that dead end shot (weird, I know) but having your mod in there will make the game more enjoyable for others…namely everyone one else who ever plays it besides me. Cheers!

#8927 10 months ago

Ordered. Thank you for taking the time and engineering a workaround for the dead end shot on the Pro model. I actually really like that dead end shot (weird, I know) but having your mod in there will make the game more enjoyable for others…namely everyone one else who ever plays it besides me. Cheers!

I don't know about the hermit ramp, but the damn ramp on my premium bricks so much I think I'd rather have a dead end. I can nail it pretty good on a pro, but I'm lucky to get a shot or two a game with the ramp. Toughest shot I can think of. I can nail the henchman shot on my Bond all day.

#8928 10 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I don't know about the hermit ramp, but the damn ramp on my premium bricks so much I think I'd rather have a dead end. I can nail it pretty good on a pro, but I'm lucky to get a shot or two a game with the ramp. Toughest shot I can think of. I can nail the henchman shot on my Bond all day.

Super tightly timed shot, and that’s what I like about it. When you hit the spinner and the ball is screaming around the orbit at full speed, you hit that flipper juuuuust right and BAM you collect that bonus on the dead end shot. Sooooo good.

#8929 10 months ago

Super tightly timed shot, and that’s what I like about it. When you hit the spinner and the ball is screaming around the orbit at full speed, you hit that flipper juuuuust right and BAM you collect that bonus on the dead end shot. Sooooo good.

Yeah, the problem with the ramp is despite fussing with it A LOT it still bricks half the time you hit it. If it was just a target instead of a ramp I could probably collect a hit 40-50% of the time at least.

If anyone has any suggestions on cleaning up that ramp shot, lemme know. I've tried bending the wireform as suggested, disassembling and lining up the guides right (see my post a few pages back), and playing with flipper power. Got it better, but still just feels unfairly clunky. Only thing I actively dislike about the game. I'm cool with hard shots - Rick and Morty is my all-time fave once dialed in right. This is not hard, it's just cheap.

#8930 10 months ago

That pro mod is really nice. When I get one up there and it returns it brings a smile to my face like the Overdrive/dead post shot on FF. It is nice that the shot will register even if you don't quite make it up the ramp, but there also is a bit of a challenge added. I would sometimes hit a wimpy shot in there and it would just barely hit and register. With this mod, it needs a little bit more momentum on it to get those accidental hits. Coincidence or not, I have had my 2 best LZ games since it arrived after I put that mod on.

#8931 10 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

That pro mod is really nice. When I get one up there and it returns it brings a smile to my face like the Overdrive/dead post shot on FF. It is nice that the shot will register even if you don't quite make it up the ramp, but there also is a bit of a challenge added. I would sometimes hit a wimpy shot in there and it would just barely hit and register. With this mod, it needs a little bit more momentum on it to get those accidental hits. Coincidence or not, I have had my 2 best LZ games since it arrived after I put that mod on.

That shot is really important for building Icarus. I’m not sure exactly how the scoring is calculated but it gives a combo booster in addition to ultra spinner, ramp, etc. My biggest Icarus come after a few hits of that shot. Another reason why this game is so good, you can go for the big quick Icarus build points (risky) or work through songs and tours. Better yet, do both at the same time for huge points! My best single shot was 40m with a big Icarus in a tour multi ball.

#8932 10 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

That shot is really important for building Icarus. I’m not sure exactly how the scoring is calculated but it gives a combo booster in addition to ultra spinner, ramp, etc. My biggest Icarus come after a few hits of that shot. Another reason why this game is so good, you can go for the big quick Icarus build points (risky) or work through songs and tours. Better yet, do both at the same time for huge points! My best single shot was 40m with a big Icarus in a tour multi ball.

Sorta kinda. The shot doesn't add any more to the combo than any other shot. What is does do is add 5 seconds for every side flipper shot made before the Icarus X is started. The base is 15 seconds. So for example, make 3 side shots before starting Icarus X = 30 seconds of multiplier instead of just 15. I think also shooting it during Icarus X resets the timer, but I would have to test that with the glass off.

#8933 10 months ago

Yes it does add more time if you hit it while the multiplier is going.

#8934 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yes it does add more time if you hit it while the multiplier is going.

Yeah, but my question is, does it add more time(5 seconds) or does it reset the timer(like to whatever you started with).

#8935 10 months ago

From the wiki, adds 5 seconds before or during

Once all four target banks have been completed, the Icarus target lights for 15 seconds of timed playfield X + 5 seconds for every side flipper shot you made either before or during the timer. While Icarus X is running, any shots to the Icarus target itself will recalculate your current multiplier, and increase your playfield multiplier value if necessary

#8936 10 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sorta kinda. The shot doesn't add any more to the combo than any other shot. What is does do is add 5 seconds for every side flipper shot made before the Icarus X is started. The base is 15 seconds. So for example, make 3 side shots before starting Icarus X = 30 seconds of multiplier instead of just 15. I think also shooting it during Icarus X resets the timer, but I would have to test that with the glass off.

I think it does more than that. Back in the thread somebody was talking about how they built like a 200x Icarus and the trick was hitting that shot a bunch of times. It says combo booster when you hit it but I’m not sure how it works. I will take the glass off later and try to figure it out.

#8937 10 months ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

Wish I could tell you exactly how. For me, the Icarus x is directly related to how many times the crossover ramp is hit. Believe hitting the ramp adds time which allows you to run up the multiplier. Try to have a MB going while the timer counts down so there are more balls bouncing off the targets. And hit the crossover ramp during the mayhem if you can to add more time to the countdown.
Will write getting the Icarus x up there is fun, but make sure you cash it out when it gets late in the game. Have left a 500 plus Ick x on the board. Last Saturday I set my new Zeppelin Master record, 16, ran the Ick x up to 385 and scored under a billion because I didn’t cash it out. Hope this helps.

This is the post I am talking about, he got it up to 500x!

#8938 10 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, but my question is, does it add more time(5 seconds) or does it reset the timer(like to whatever you started with).

yes - I believe it resets it completely- definitely more than 5 seconds.

#8940 10 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Theguyoverthere Any insight?

Is that RayDay?

#8942 10 months ago

InteractivePinball

What is the trick to getting the plunge and auto plunge to have enough power to get up my hermit ramp?

I do have the launch lane adjusted but it just stops at the bottom of the ramp instead of getting up the ramp. I also have my auto plunge power maxed.

#8943 10 months ago
Quoted from mchamps:

Interactive_Mods
What is the trick to getting the plunge and auto plunge to have enough power to get up my hermit ramp?
I do have the launch lane adjusted but it just stops at the bottom of the ramp instead of getting up the ramp. I also have my auto plunge power maxed.

Same here

#8944 10 months ago

Have a NIB stern shooter for led zep never installed.

#8945 10 months ago

I'm gonna try this

2023-06-17 17_21_51-HERMIT RAMP INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.pdf - Foxit PDF Reader (resized).png2023-06-17 17_21_51-HERMIT RAMP INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.pdf - Foxit PDF Reader (resized).png
#8946 10 months ago

Hello all, I did a search and found a couple of others had this problem…. Installed the topper everything lights up EXCEPT the spotlights and they do move. All three connections are in place and I’m sure they are correct. Any ideas?
Thank you !!!

#8947 10 months ago

Solved it… red wire is supposed to be down on the C6 connection. Ugh

#8948 10 months ago

A band that has such outstanding music should also a a pin that is visually outstanding. My vision for your consideration, praise and ridicule...

lz1c (resized).jpglz1c (resized).jpglz4a (resized).jpglz4a (resized).jpglz17 (resized).jpglz17 (resized).jpglz11 (resized).jpglz11 (resized).jpglz6 (resized).jpglz6 (resized).jpglz12 (resized).jpglz12 (resized).jpglz1a (resized).jpglz1a (resized).jpglz8 (resized).jpglz8 (resized).jpglz14 (resized).jpglz14 (resized).jpglz7 (resized).jpglz7 (resized).jpg
#8949 10 months ago

It Looks badass - love the powdercoating and alternative decals. Well done!

#8950 10 months ago

Looks great, where be you get the hermit for the side back box?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.