Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 340.
#13751 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Unless you work for spooky I’m not really sure you can speak with any authority on how they operate. Many coders in pinball are involved in the design of the the game.

I mean, literally you have Spooky here talking about game design and current code. They have been showing and discussing the involvement and design of the game going forward. At what point did they ever state they gave the game over to the coder? And yes some coders are involved in the design of games, but usually not and almost never completely in a bubble. Again this is a team effort, it's a game with many hands involved in it. No one at Spooky ever said they handed the game off to Matt.

Also a programmer is not handling licensing agreements, asset approvals, and so on. This is just logic.

So I ask then under what authority can you speak for Spooky yourself?

#13752 1 year ago

So you agree that you have no inside information on how spooky operates, no inside knowledge knowledge how asset implementation happens? Just because you post a lot doesn’t mean you are an authority on how pinball design works.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I mean, literally you have Spooky here talking about game design and current code. They have been showing and discussing the involvement and design of the game going forward. At what point did they ever state they gave the game over to the coder? And yes some coders are involved in the design of games, but usually not and almost never completely in a bubble. Again this is a team effort, it's a game with many hands involved in it. No one at Spooky ever said they handed the game off to Matt.
Also a programmer is not handling licensing agreements, asset approvals, and so on. This is just logic.
So I ask then under what authority can you speak for Spooky yourself?

#13753 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

So you agree that you have no inside information on how spooky operates, no inside knowledge knowledge how asset implementation happens? Just because you post a lot doesn’t mean you are an authority on how pinball design works.

It’s been pretty much stated on this thread that Spooky has to get approval from the IP license holder to put content in games. Matt doesn’t just get to rip a blu-ray and use everything on it. Or add more stuff from the other movies if he wants. It’s a process that’s been described on this and other threads.

#13754 1 year ago

Not saying that at all. Getting approval from one licensor doesn’t stop progress on getting approval from another licensor, that can happen concurrently. Putting licensed assets aside someone has to develop game mechanics and whoever is coding the game has input on how scoring works how the hardware interacts with the software etc.

If coding was simply typing code then we wouldn’t even know or care who was coding a game.

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

It’s been pretty much stated on this thread that Spooky has to get approval from the IP license holder to put content in games. Matt doesn’t just get to rip a blu-ray and use everything on it. Or add more stuff from the other movies if he wants. It’s a process that’s been described on this and other threads.

#13755 1 year ago

Would be nice if Spooky would check this thread and comment on where we are at this point

Quoted from Lopa:

Not saying that at all. Getting approval from one licensor doesn’t stop progress on getting approval from another licensor, that can happen concurrently. Putting licensed assets aside someone has to develop game mechanics and whoever is coding the game has input on how scoring works how the hardware interacts with the software etc.
If coding was simply typing code then we wouldn’t even know or care who was coding a game.

#13756 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Would be nice if Spooky would check this thread and comment on where we are at this point

I think they've learned not to say too much unless a release is imminent. Luke has been REALLY good about giving updates in this thread, but I think he's dealing with some home stuff right now which has slowed down his Pinside presence. If the last release from Matt is any indication, he's really on top of things and I'm sure we'll see a new release with a lot of stuff included.

I'm curious about the licenseholder artwork approval - if say they replaced the Sanitarium multiball artwork with something resembling the game.. does the IP holder have to approve this as well? Or is just the inclusion of the concept enough, and they can improve on the art as needed.?

I'm going to ask Jay Levy...

#13757 1 year ago

Got Cento Creations pumpkins and my daughter painted them. Anyone need any mods painted lmk. She just finished another house mod and vines.

C7CB8CA9-C975-46CC-AAF1-7895344CBECE (resized).jpegC7CB8CA9-C975-46CC-AAF1-7895344CBECE (resized).jpegF1DE7F7C-620D-4518-B282-F05B2FB96A31 (resized).jpegF1DE7F7C-620D-4518-B282-F05B2FB96A31 (resized).jpeg
#13758 1 year ago

Everything has to be approved on this one it was said very early that the license holder is pretty strict on use of their property. Games like foo fighters have more flexibility because as I understand, the license holder isn’t as strict.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think they've learned not to say too much unless a release is imminent. Luke has been REALLY good about giving updates in this thread, but I think he's dealing with some home stuff right now which has slowed down his Pinside presence. If the last release from Matt is any indication, he's really on top of things and I'm sure we'll see a new release with a lot of stuff included.
I'm curious about the licenseholder artwork approval - if say they replaced the Sanitarium multiball artwork with something resembling the game.. does the IP holder have to approve this as well? Or is just the inclusion of the concept enough, and they can improve on the art as needed.?
I'm going to ask Jay Levy...

#13759 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I'm saying what is plain to see, when you got members of spooky's team in here talking about code and design themselves. At what point did they ever say they were stopping their involvement with the game? This is a weird thing to get hung up on and a weird assumption. They lost their previous programmer and someone new took over whose sole purpose has been to work on UM/Halloween, but we've not seen any indication that spooky walked away from the game, they have openly talked about the game and they also put out a video talking about design choices on the last update for UM.

So again, why are we assuming team spooky walked away from the game?

Not to long ago after the release of thee recent update, we had one of the team talking about their ideas and testing of new changes for like the Bob and Lynda mode, as well as putting in missing content that got left off with the code.

Matt's working away and communicating with both games groups, but we have to also realize that production of Halloween is over and they just got a huge launch of their brand new game as well as multiple issues they are having to tackle with that title. I think it's fair to say they got their hands full all around and yet they often come in here to help out with technical issues.

#13760 1 year ago

Tldnr

You extrapolated a lot from my statement. From what I could get through on your little novel there it’s apparent you aren’t quite comprehending my point so I’ll stop the conversation here.

I'm saying what is plain to see, when you got members of spooky's team in here talking about code and design themselves. At what point did they ever say they were stopping their involvement with the game? This is a weird thing to get hung up on and a weird assumption. They lost their previous programmer and someone new took over whose sole purpose has been to work on UM/Halloween, but we've not seen any indication that spooky walked away from the game, they have openly talked about the game and they also put out a video talking about design choices on the last update for UM.
Not to long ago after the release of thee recent update, we had one of the team talking about their ideas and testing of new changes for like the Bob and Lynda mode, as well as putting in missing content that got left off with the code.
Matt's working away and communicating with both games groups, but we have to also realize that production of Halloween is over and they just got a huge launch of their brand new game as well as multiple issues they are having to tackle with that title. I think it's fair to say they got their hands full all around and yet they often come in here to help out with technical issues.

#13761 1 year ago

I'll take "next topic" for $200 alex.... sorry guys but this is getting old.

#13762 1 year ago

Yes, Spooky has to get licensor approval.

#13763 1 year ago

Soon

That is always the answer. Don’t know what else you guys need.

#13764 1 year ago

I did a bit of skimming to catch up, but Matt and the design team are very much still working on code for Halloween / Ultraman. I was playing some of the new mode last week and provided some feedback. Matt is actually working on code on a small island right now, so he won't be sending us huge files this next week; but after that we'll be reviewing the code again for more polish. So..."soon".

I believe in my skimming, I read someone mention their magnet stopped working from the last code update. I'm sure it's been noted before, but that is physically impossible. It's an earth magnet and pulldown mech breaks separates the ball from the magnet. I would suggest making sure your pulldown coil is working, or look to make sure the spring that connects it hasn't become stretched out.

#13765 1 year ago

The ball sits on the magnet until a ball search releases it with the pull down.
I know it’s happened to me a few times and mine is all working, only happens with a certain scenario. I reported it and Matt knows about it.
Quite a few have seen this, no faults just code.

#13766 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

The ball sits on the magnet until a ball search releases it with the pull down.
I know it’s happened to me a few times and mine is all working, only happens with a certain scenario. I reported it and Matt knows about it.
Quite a few have seen this, no faults just code.

Exactly once or twice for me.
It's like the game got confused with Bob and Linda mode and Sanitarium at same time stacked.

I can't remember the exact combination but it's definitely while stacking 2 events together.

#13767 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I did a bit of skimming to catch up, but Matt and the design team are very much still working on code for Halloween / Ultraman. I was playing some of the new mode last week and provided some feedback. Matt is actually working on code on a small island right now, so he won't be sending us huge files this next week; but after that we'll be reviewing the code again for more polish. So..."soon".
I believe in my skimming, I read someone mention their magnet stopped working from the last code update. I'm sure it's been noted before, but that is physically impossible. It's an earth magnet and pulldown mech breaks separates the ball from the magnet. I would suggest making sure your pulldown coil is working, or look to make sure the spring that connects it hasn't become stretched out.

Mine’s done it at least once on the last 3 updates. I wait for the coil to drop, and nothing, then in ball search and it won’t fire. Reboot and it will be fine or push it down with the glass off and it’s fine the next game. I only have it get stuck at the magnet if it’s got a lot stacked. Heck when I was showing my buddy the game last month it got stuck there and I had to push it down, he was in a multiball stack. And yes I checked if balls were magnetized.

#13768 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Mine’s done it at least once on the last 3 updates. I wait for the coil to drop, and nothing, then in ball search and it won’t fire. Reboot and it will be fine or push it down with the glass off and it’s fine the next game. I only have it get stuck at the magnet if it’s got a lot stacked. Heck when I was showing my buddy the game last month it got stuck there and I had to push it down, he was in a multiball stack. And yes I checked if balls were magnetized.

The ball is not falling even when the ramp is pulled down you are saying?

#13769 1 year ago

I just had a game where I was unable to start hedge multiball as none of the scoops were lit. Happened on ball 2, and after I drained the scoops all lit again for ball 3.

Yes, I was in and out of modes, but I noticed that the scoops were not lit or registering any ball locks for a while - and I was definitely watching to see that when I was out of any mode and in general play if the scoops were lit and they were not. Also I hadn't started hedge multiball previously so all should have been qualified.

Has this happened to anyone else?

#13770 1 year ago

Yeah this is what happened to me also. Never happened prior to most recent update.

Quoted from kciaccio:

Exactly once or twice for me.
It's like the game got confused with Bob and Linda mode and Sanitarium at same time stacked.
I can't remember the exact combination but it's definitely while stacking 2 events together.

#13771 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Interested to see if new assets video/art/sound are in this new update. Variety is always great for pinball.

#13772 1 year ago

They say idle hands are the devil's workshop.

I was bored the other day and decided to see if I could improve upon the wooden plastic deck piece that borders the attic. Mine had become warped over time and didn't really fit well. And because it's hollow, I couldn't really tighten down the mounting screws too much without distorting its shape any further.

I didn't want to pay for a replacement ($50 plus shipping) so I decided to try and make a new piece that improves on the original design. I wanted to improve the flow of the ball drain by repositioning it a little bit. And I wanted the new piece to continue over to under the bridge. I always felt that area looked a little unfinished.

So I went to WalMart and purchased a wooden cutting board. This particular one is made from Indian Sheesham wood; it's a hard wood and the grain is just beautiful. After making up a cardboard template of the new piece, I broke out my scroll saw, cut it out, and sanded up the edges.

I thought about getting a black sharpie to draw lines to simulate wood planks but not sure if I need to. I think it looks great as is.
Wood_1 (resized).jpgWood_1 (resized).jpgWood_2 (resized).jpgWood_2 (resized).jpg

#13773 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

They say idle hands are the devil's workshop.
I was bored the other day and decided to see if I could improve upon the wooden plastic deck piece that borders the attic. Mine had become warped over time and didn't really fit well. And because it's hollow, I couldn't really tighten down the mounting screws too much without distorting its shape any further.
I didn't want to pay for a replacement ($50 plus shipping) so I decided to try and make a new piece that improves on the original design. I wanted to improve the flow of the ball drain by repositioning it a little bit. And I wanted the new piece to continue over to under the bridge. I always felt that area looked a little unfinished.
So I went to WalMart and purchased a wooden cutting board. This particular one is made from Indian Sheesham wood; it's a hard wood and the grain is just beautiful. After making up a cardboard template of the new piece, I broke out my scroll saw, cut it out, and sanded up the edges.
I thought about getting a black sharpie to draw lines to simulate wood planks but not sure if I need to. I think it looks great as is.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like what you've done! (Even though that's from RAM - I think your handiwork is an enhancement). Looks really good!

#13774 1 year ago

Received my painted house mod back from BallyKISS1978 last week. Looks SO much better now. Would highly recommend!

2174D82B-CC0D-4A07-BD4C-7F62B97A4701 (resized).jpeg2174D82B-CC0D-4A07-BD4C-7F62B97A4701 (resized).jpegCC14F800-FD7C-4CE9-9FE1-5B0221B33460 (resized).jpegCC14F800-FD7C-4CE9-9FE1-5B0221B33460 (resized).jpeg

#13775 1 year ago

I still feel like the leaves should be fall colored not green.

#13776 1 year ago

The ball is not falling even when the ramp is pulled down you are saying?

no ramp never drops. next game no problem dropping.

#13777 1 year ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

Received my painted house mod back from BallyKISS1978 last week. Looks SO much better now. Would highly recommend!

So glad you like it! Thanks for the great feedback. My daughter appreciates it.

#13778 1 year ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

Looks awesome. I have the same mod and did a small amount of my own painting but not quite as nice as this. I do have a question though My house leans forward quite a bit I don't know that's been discussed before or if it's really that big a deal but I wish it was more upright.

#13779 1 year ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Looks awesome. I have the same mod and did a small amount of my own painting but not quite as nice as this. I do have a question though My house leans forward quite a bit I don't know that's been discussed before or if it's really that big a deal but I wish it was more upright.

I stuck a piece of double sided foam 3M tape into the top of the bottom right corner. Keeps the house from flopping around and holds it more up right. I started with a piece of cardboard but it kept falling out.

#13780 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:I stuck a piece of double sided foam 3M tape into the top of the bottom right corner. Keeps the house from flopping around and holds it more up right. I started with a piece of cardboard but it kept falling out.

That the house pitches forward drives me crazy too. This is a good idea to help it angle more toward the player position. I kinda wish Vimtoman had printed it with a slight angle on the bottom

#13781 1 year ago

The house mod really does bring things together visually, I keep wanting to pull the trigger on it.

#13782 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I still feel like the leaves should be fall colored not green.

I like to think that it is the vine that grows the pumpkin which are green.

Mature-Pumpkins-Growing-in-the-Garden (resized).jpgMature-Pumpkins-Growing-in-the-Garden (resized).jpg
#13783 1 year ago

I don’t think a jackolantern should have leaves at all. House is next level though.

#13784 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

I don’t think a jackolantern should have leaves at all. House is next level though.

It's an option to put on or not but to me it looks better than than looking at the ugly bulb socket that makes it look unfinished.

#13785 1 year ago

A piece of black electrical tape does a good job of covering up that bulb socket.

Scoop_03 (resized).jpgScoop_03 (resized).jpg
#13786 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It's an option to put on or not but to me it looks better than than looking at the ugly bulb socket that makes it look unfinished.

Or just remove the socket like I did.

20220205_172110 (resized).jpg20220205_172110 (resized).jpg
#13787 1 year ago

Well took the advice of changing the settings to a 5 ball game. I'm still not able to complete a mode but my wife will turn it on now to play it.

#13788 1 year ago

I don't play it much anymore because sometimes the upper playfield lights work and some times they don't. Very frustrating to have to lift the playfield to get the lights to work. My next step is to hot glue that connection to see if it keeps it in place.

#13789 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I like to think that it is the vine that grows the pumpkin which are green.[quoted image]

That’s exactly what it is. Pumpkin leaves don’t change in the fall like tree leaves. Green is the correct color.

#13790 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I don't play it much anymore because sometimes the upper playfield lights work and some times they don't. Very frustrating to have to lift the playfield to get the lights to work. My next step is to hot glue that connection to see if it keeps it in place.

If its a loose connection then yea it likely could use some hot glue or the wiring needs some twist ties to keep it in place

#13791 1 year ago

If its a loose connection then yea it likely could use some hot glue or the wiring needs some twist ties to keep it in place

Its definitely loose. When spooky sent me a new board it had different plugs for the lights. I had to hack away at the plug to make it fit. I assume I took off a little too much

#13792 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I like to think that it is the vine that grows the pumpkin which are green.[quoted image]

I like that it brings some "green" to the right side of the pf as well.

#13793 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Its definitely loose. When spooky sent me a new board it had different plugs for the lights. I had to hack away at the plug to make it fit. I assume I took off a little too much

I had to hack the light plugs also and then hot glue!

#13794 1 year ago

Probably worth careful hot glue usage. At least it's fairly easy to remove hot glue if you have to later for any reason.

#13795 1 year ago

Well I completed two modes in one game .....

#13796 1 year ago
20230420_203625 (resized).jpg20230420_203625 (resized).jpg
#13797 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Well I completed two modes in one game .....

Jack o lantern mb soon!

#13798 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Or just remove the socket like I did.
[quoted image]

And expose those bare wires to ball strikes, no thanks.

#13799 1 year ago

Jack o lantern mb soon!

Since changing to 5 ball play we have played Jack O lantern MB!!!

Such much more fun!!

#13800 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

And expose those bare wires to ball strikes, no thanks.

Given where the pumpkin is I don't see how the wires could be hit by ball strikes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 16,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/276?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.