371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 144.
#6901 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does LED allow DotsXL?

No, it's just the one setting

#6902 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

No, it's just the one setting

So what’s the different settings benefit for this game?

LED looks good with moving graphics ???

#6903 2 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

So what’s the different settings benefit for this game?
LED looks good with moving graphics ???

Yea it still looks pretty good. I went led because of the fit into the speaker panel so there is no gaps on the side as the LCD doesn't sit flush. The colours are also brighter.

#6904 2 years ago

I personally find the LED version to be very piercing and harsh on my eyes. The LCD is fully customizable, including different dot types. You can stick to the traditional look if you want. It isn't quite as purely crisp as the LED, but it looks VERY similar to a normal DMD. I prefer the DotsXL setting. It keeps the traditional look, but with slightly larger dots which fill in the gaps more and make animations look more fluid. Either version is a huge upgrade though.

As for the gap on the LCD version, it doesn't bother me too much, but there is a gasket made to fill in that gap. LED is definitely the more perfect swap fit though.

#6905 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I personally find the LED version to be very piercing and harsh on my eyes. The LCD is fully customizable, including different dot types. You can stick to the traditional look if you want. It isn't quite as purely crisp as the LED, but it looks VERY similar to a normal DMD. I prefer the DotsXL setting. It keeps the traditional look, but with slightly larger dots which fill in the gaps more and make animations look more fluid. Either version is a huge upgrade though.
As for the gap on the LCD version, it doesn't bother me too much, but there is a gasket made to fill in that gap. LED is definitely the more perfect swap fit though.

Care to post a picture? Jediturtle Thank you

#6906 2 years ago

Care to post a picture? Jediturtle Thank you

I can’t really do it justice but here’s a couple. In one I took it from a steep angle to show the gap that the LCD leaves. You do not see it straight on but from the side you can see in a bit.

6C886405-D73D-4A53-97F1-A21337048020 (resized).jpeg6C886405-D73D-4A53-97F1-A21337048020 (resized).jpeg71DD6016-267A-4764-A866-7B7A2CF02A57 (resized).jpeg71DD6016-267A-4764-A866-7B7A2CF02A57 (resized).jpegC5F894CA-E52E-4861-A6F6-3F59EEBC0777 (resized).jpegC5F894CA-E52E-4861-A6F6-3F59EEBC0777 (resized).jpeg
#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I can’t really do it justice but here’s a couple. In one I took it from a steep angle to show the gap that the LCD leaves. You do not see it straight on but from the side you can see in a bit. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can control the brightness on the LED, have you ever tried that? I vastly prefer the LED and fitment is one of the reasons.

#6908 2 years ago

LED is the way to go in my opinion. It looks really nice, and you still have controls for brightness and contrast. You can't use different drawing methods, like DotsXL, etc. on the LCD. But overall, I believe it to be a better image and still let you dial in as you want for your game.

#6909 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

You can control the brightness on the LED, have you ever tried that? I vastly prefer the LED and fitment is one of the reasons.

I didn't realize there was a brightness control as I do not own any of the LED version. I have seen many of them and they all seem set to the "laser to the brain" level. Thanks for the heads up. Might try one someday, but honestly I'm pretty happy with the LCDs and DotsXL. Nice that there are options for everyone though. Can't go wrong.

#6910 2 years ago

Thank you all!

Jediturtle Thanks for taking the time for the pics!

I will order the LED one... Now to learn the dang ruleset.. LOL I am lost so far!

I would love some custom side Rails!

#6911 2 years ago

Thank you all!
Jediturtle Thanks for taking the time for the pics!
I will order the LED one... Now to learn the dang ruleset.. LOL I am lost so far!
I would love some custom side Rails!

Rules are super easy to get once you spend a little bit of time with it. Understanding it well enough to know what modes to stack, order to complete modes, when to spend time getting a MB ready versus attacking modes is a much steeper hill to climb.

This is part 1 of the series from Chuckwurt, which will tell you more than you might ever care to know, but is super informative!

#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Rules are super easy to get once you spend a little bit of time with it. Understanding it well enough to know what modes to stack, order to complete modes, when to spend time getting a MB ready versus attacking modes is a much steeper hill to climb.
This is part 1 of the series from Chuckwurt, which will tell you more than you might ever care to know, but is super informative!

Chuck's videos are great but if the video is before the 1.36 update I wouldn't start there. Ownonymous did a more recent strategy guide with the updated rules and that is a more straight forward starting point maybe...

#6913 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Chuck's videos are great but if the video is before the 1.36 update I wouldn't start there. Ownonymous did a more recent strategy guide with the updated rules and that is a more straight forward starting point maybe...

So did I. Haha. Had to see it through. Also. Here’s the entire playlist complete with newest code updates and premium/LE rules.

Each video has a bulleted list on the screen to show what is covered in the video. Helps with deciding if you’re interested in the content or not.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkfeetnClaXkEdfrfe1IVDMunDwD7p5Vk

#6914 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So did I. Haha. Had to see it through. Also. Here’s the entire playlist complete with newest code updates and premium/LE rules.
Each video has a bulleted list on the screen to show what is covered in the video. Helps with deciding if you’re interested in the content or not.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkfeetnClaXkEdfrfe1IVDMunDwD7p5Vk

Yeah, no disrespect obviously. I always enjoy watching your videos, talking about GOT or STh, or watching your excellent tournaments. If you have a video that starts at 1.36 that would be great too.

#6915 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yeah, no disrespect obviously. I always enjoy watching your videos, talking about GOT or STh, or watching your excellent tournaments. If you have a video that starts at 1.36 that would be great too.

Oh no offense at all. Just wasn’t sure if others knew about the playlist. New code update video only right here:

#6916 2 years ago

If you're starting from scratch 1.34 vs 1.36 is pretty much the same. On the pro its basically button abilities, and some other small stuff. The modes, logic, and progression didn't change with the update. Prem/LE had some major shifts with upper playfield. Targaryen and other stuff, yes, but those videos aren't worthless for getting an idea of what the hell you should do.

#6917 2 years ago

I am starting from scratch

#6918 2 years ago

I am starting from scratch

If you try my videos I would recommend watching 1,6,2,3. Assuming you have a pro. That should get ya squared away and then some. Haha.

#6919 2 years ago

Hi chuckwurt thanks for all your content, great stuff!
Are you happy with the trade from pro to premium? Maybe im mad but thinking of trading my godprem for a GOT. I am a theme guy and Godzilla is still not there for me.
Greetings Jeroen

#6920 2 years ago

I traded up from Pro to LE and adding the upper pf did wonders to the gameplay for me. I did turn off the completing houses by castles though as I hate that feature personally. I like having to complete the modes the Pro way

#6921 2 years ago

Before the code, no way. Now that the game has all these new features it made the premium a must have. I put over 7-8k plays on the pro, and i was ready to have the premium no matter what. Then I got lucky and the new code made the premium all time good.

#6922 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Before the code, no way. Now that the game has all these new features it made the premium a must have. I put over 7-8k plays on the pro, and i was ready to have the premium no matter what. Then I got lucky and the new code made the premium all time good.

This +1. GOT Premium is bolted to my floor. Amazing game and very underrated.

#6923 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

This +1. GOT Premium is bolted to my floor. Amazing game and very underrated.

It’s only gonna leave for an LE. Then the transformation will be complete.

#6924 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I traded up from Pro to LE and adding the upper pf did wonders to the gameplay for me. I did turn off the completing houses by castles though as I hate that feature personally. I like having to complete the modes the Pro way

I agree, and have mine set that way. You can still do some advancement on the upper playfield, but then it feels balanced that its minor advancement (e.g., one step on Tyrell) versus just done. If you have it set to factory, if you can make the shots three times to get them qualified and can do the upper playfield, which is super easy once you get it down, you can get to Iron Throne VERY regularly.

#6925 2 years ago

If you turn that setting off it introduces a bug that you can stay in Tyrell and other modes forever if you want. That’s why I leave it stock in that aspect. I don’t want tournament players getting cute on my game. Haha.

#6926 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you turn that setting off it introduces a bug that you can stay in Tyrell and other modes forever if you want. That’s why I leave it stock in that aspect. I don’t want tournament players getting cute on my game. Haha.

I’ve never seen that bug but I’m probably not good enough. How would one exploit that?

#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve never seen that bug but I’m probably not good enough. How would one exploit that?

It’s been a while but involves never leaving the upper playfield. It give you mode progress but never finishes the mode. Cannot remember which modes it applies to.

#6928 2 years ago

Well Shit...

Figured I would download and install the newest code myself to make sure all fresh and no issues... Since new machine for me.. Installed USB in machine and started Updating code went in house and when I came back ---> Fiancé thought she would help and had removed the USB drive since DMD said remove, she didn't power down - SO I power cycled the game and it showed 1.37 code - I set all my settings and custom message and played a game - shut it off and came out later to play and all settings were not saved (Free play, custom message, ETC) Hmm, I removed the battery and checked it - only 2.8 volts so I know I need to replace.. Weird I did not have this issue before the update and her removing the USB while machine was on.. Does it sound like a battery will cure this or should I try to "Update" the code and complete it correctly, or option 3 - SD card got corrupt??

Of course I am thinking this at work - frustrated.. Want to rectify when I get home tonight

Thanks in advance - Jim

#6929 2 years ago

Well Shit...
Figured I would download and install the newest code myself to make sure all fresh and no issues... Since new machine for me.. Installed USB in machine and started Updating code went in house and when I came back ---> Fiancé thought she would help and had removed the USB drive since DMD said remove, she didn't power down - SO I power cycled the game and it showed 1.37 code - I set all my settings and custom message and played a game - shut it off and came out later to play and all settings were not saved (Free play, custom message, ETC) Hmm, I removed the battery and checked it - only 2.8 volts so I know I need to replace.. Weird I did not have this issue before the update and her removing the USB while machine was on.. Does it sound like a battery will cure this or should I try to "Update" the code and complete it correctly, or option 3 - SD card got corrupt??
Of course I am thinking this at work - frustrated.. Want to rectify when I get home tonight
Thanks in advance - Jim

If there is an issue with the battery you need to replace that or you will have issues. Time, etc will be wrong. Some of those should be on harddrive, but battery can cause weird things. Start with that, and then try again. You can also reflash the SD card with the updated code: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/ But I wouldn't go that route unless you have issues after battery replacement.

#6930 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s been a while but involves never leaving the upper playfield. It give you mode progress but never finishes the mode. Cannot remember which modes it applies to.

You can't finish Tyrell on the upper playfield. The final shot has to be to the right standups. So if you get to that point, you can roll through the upper lanes, but not leave the upper lanes. Or you go down, and then make it back up to the top and go through there. There are only a few seconds paused when that happens, so you have to be real snappy or have gentle upper flippers.

I just switch that setting back when friends are over to play so that they can advance, and change it back when its me. I really wish it had settings like Dwight's newest games where you can set different difficulties for different players. But I know he's not revisiting GoT again.

#6931 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

If there is an issue with the battery you need to replace that or you will have issues. Time, etc will be wrong. Some of those should be on harddrive, but battery can cause weird things. Start with that, and then try again. You can also reflash the SD card with the updated code: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/ But I wouldn't go that route unless you have issues after battery replacement.

Yup, that was my thought as far as I already bought the replacement battery.. However I would think the battery just holds time and date.. We shall see

#6932 2 years ago

Replaced the battery and flashed a new SD card and she’s golden - the SD card crapped out..

B84BCEA0-545A-49E4-A7D0-0F953D13E0DD (resized).jpegB84BCEA0-545A-49E4-A7D0-0F953D13E0DD (resized).jpeg
#6933 2 years ago

Back in the club next week. Been at least 5 years, so jumped at the chance to get one again.

#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I concur with this; playing on my friend's LE it made it WAY easier to complete the houses than on my Pro. Felt like a cheat code lol, made it all the way to Iron Throne after only a few games, whereas I've only made it on my Pro 3 or 4 times in the three years I've had it.

#6935 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I concur with this; playing on my friend's LE it made it WAY easier to complete the houses than on my Pro. Felt like a cheat code lol, made it all the way to Iron Throne after only a few games, whereas I've only made it on my Pro 3 or 4 times in the three years I've had it.

What was the final score though? . I like that you can choose to bum rush the end or take the long route. Like visitor center in JP. Sure you got there, but did you really?

#6936 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What was the final score though? . I like that you can choose to bum rush the end or take the long route. Like visitor center in JP. Sure you got there, but did you really?

I'll have to have him send it to me, I don't remember, but I think it was in the 2-3B range. My high score on my Pro is 7.6B, though that (or any in my top 5 tracked on my scoreboard, come to think of it) wasn't even an Iron Throne game -- those were generally games with very successful several-super-jackpot-with-5x-PF-multiplier Wall Multiballs and several other modes. (Hence why I'm not crazy about PF multipliers, they really skew the scores.)

#6937 2 years ago

Yeah so I got 6 billion from HOTK alone recently. That’s taking the long way to ensure I had plenty of gold to buy multipliers and have all the right houses to take in.

But out of curiosity, I switched the setting to disallow the complete of modes on the UP. I couldn’t get the bug to occur. So maybe Dwight patched that and I missed it? Might try it out for a little while.

#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah so I got 6 billion from HOTK alone recently. That’s taking the long way to ensure I had plenty of gold to buy multipliers and have all the right houses to take in.

The problem is that the points are all in HOTK and IT if you can do it right. HOTK requires getting the right houses in, but will easy complete at the upper playfield of the hardest houses, its not a big loss. Sure, you leave a few hundred million points on the table, but if you can guarantee getting to HOTK and likely IT, then you will make back the points in spades. Without gold, multipliers aren't as high if you are Lannister, but good IT play makes up. My average IT is ~3B, and my highest is over 10B on that alone. So getting there is worth more than risking a drain on a long Lannister mode.

But to your point, bum rushing the end is fun to get there and rack up points, but takes away from the spirit of the original code in requiring you to actually play the modes; similar to the Pro gameplay.

#6939 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Had to get help from Rayday to jog my memory.

You have to be Greyjoy and play Tyrell. Because the upper playfield spots shots except for purple ones (and those are required to complete the mode), you can just hit the right ramp and the UP exits over and over again. Remember the upper and lower PF multipliers affect the upper playfield exits.

So yeah. I’ll keep that setting to complete modes up top on. Haha

2DAD5F41-C082-406A-AB3F-C04A2E9E8257 (resized).jpeg2DAD5F41-C082-406A-AB3F-C04A2E9E8257 (resized).jpeg72ECA31F-14A3-4027-BD94-504A3CDCB383 (resized).jpeg72ECA31F-14A3-4027-BD94-504A3CDCB383 (resized).jpeg
#6940 2 years ago

My memory did NOT serve me well -- the game on my friend's LE was actually 9.4B!

It's coming back to me a little, I seem to recall going from multiball to multiball, doing well during Wall and HotK and even Winter Has Come. I do remember I played as Baratheon, because it was my first time getting to Iron Throne as Baratheon. I still haven't done it on my Pro because Drogon is impossible lol

image000000 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpg
#6941 2 years ago

Definitely a challenge on the pro especially if you’re house Greyjoy

#6942 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Had to get help from Rayday to jog my memory.
You have to be Greyjoy and play Tyrell. Because the upper playfield spots shots except for purple ones (and those are required to complete the mode), you can just hit the right ramp and the UP exits over and over again. Remember the upper and lower PF multipliers affect the upper playfield exits.
So yeah. I’ll keep that setting to complete modes up top on. Haha[quoted image][quoted image]

Sound perfect to me! Maybe a bit buggy, but that is unique enough I am not holding my breath of that ever getting fixed. Then it just needs to be a league rule like death saving. Don't do it, play Tyrell right and move on!

#6943 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Sound perfect to me! Maybe a bit buggy, but that is unique enough I am not holding my breath of that ever getting fixed. Then it just needs to be a league rule like death saving. Don't do it, play Tyrell right and move on!

Doesn't the IFPA do this already with certain exploits? Escher was just talking about the JM exploit used at District 82 in Yakuza Strike. He seemed to imply they will add it to the IFPA rules and TDs will just DQ people who use it.

#6944 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Unfortunately I can’t do that with tournament players. Haha. I’ll just keep the setting default.

#6945 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Doesn't the IFPA do this already with certain exploits? Escher was just talking about the JM exploit used at District 82 in Yakuza Strike. He seemed to imply they will add it to the IFPA rules and TDs will just DQ people who use it.

I don’t think that’s the case. TD discretion rules the day though. But IFPA I think is just gonna keep it as what they have, or just clarify things. If the player is making an effort to win and isn’t purposefully breaking the game, play on.

#6946 2 years ago

Brought this and Lethal Weapon home today.

550C621C-6C77-41A0-BBA6-66ED60975D9C (resized).jpeg550C621C-6C77-41A0-BBA6-66ED60975D9C (resized).jpeg1877CD5A-0200-487F-8CEA-FC802603A656 (resized).jpeg1877CD5A-0200-487F-8CEA-FC802603A656 (resized).jpegC4A0488E-6A62-489B-B09B-B668CBACEE3D (resized).jpegC4A0488E-6A62-489B-B09B-B668CBACEE3D (resized).jpeg
#6947 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Brought this and Lethal Weapon home today.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the "Walls" on the side and the alt translite"

#6948 2 years ago

Had gold leg bolts leftover from another project. They looks terrific!

28BA7B58-6A4A-4E7D-8F87-12EC0B0A9BEF (resized).jpeg28BA7B58-6A4A-4E7D-8F87-12EC0B0A9BEF (resized).jpegEA7A8787-6383-4099-9A6B-D7AA94EAF01C (resized).jpegEA7A8787-6383-4099-9A6B-D7AA94EAF01C (resized).jpeg50FDA30E-B93B-4A9A-B690-523A5E427D7A (resized).jpeg50FDA30E-B93B-4A9A-B690-523A5E427D7A (resized).jpegBB217072-17B1-4804-8BC2-EE09A3DE7FB1 (resized).jpegBB217072-17B1-4804-8BC2-EE09A3DE7FB1 (resized).jpeg
#6949 2 years ago

Nice, same here! I can also recommend swapping the shooter rod springs for golden ones - especially the inner one. Subtle, but nice. Plus it stops the orange flakes falling all over your shaker.

#6950 2 years ago

Any idea where to get the wall pieces???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/139?hl=atum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.