371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 144.
#7051 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though I have some comments/questions. Read on.
First, let me back up.
My family has fallen in love with AIQ and so we're going to get one ... which in a way breaks my heart because we have to sell our GoT Pro. (Our first NIB!) In preparing for this transition, my son and I have been playing GoT frequently to try to set some high scores and hit some personal goals. My goal, of course, was to claim the Iron Throne. I've reached IT mode several times (lost count but probably between 5-10) but never made it through all the castles.
I'd never looked up any info or watched any tutorials, knowing I'd eventually get there on my own and wanting to experience it myself for the first time. (If you're like me in that way, and haven't looked it up either, then STOP READING NOW because I'm going to spoil it.)
Well tonight, I FINALLY DID IT and ... to be honest, it was REALLY disappointing. Let me explain.
I was playing as Targaryen (see my previous posts about the difficulty of reaching Iron Throne on a Pro -- I've only ever beaten Drogon ONCE on my Pro). I was on fire (pun intended), and had picked up two extra balls during ball 1. By the first extra ball, I'd reached Iron Throne mode and kept crushing it, claiming four of the castles. On the second extra ball, I got through one more, leaving two castles to go. After a much-needed breather, my son played his first ball, then I stepped up again for ball 2. Beat the sixth castle, and our excitement was through the roof! Ball 2 was still alive, and I then methodically worked my way through the seventh castle -- and claimed it! Didn't know what to expect, but things kept going, so I looked up and saw now we were trying to take The Twins.
Ok, I'll keep going ... got em. Next up was Qarth. Hit one or two shots for it, but drained one of the two balls on the table -- so back down to one ball, Iron Throne mode is over, back to normal play. Our excitement -- at its absolute peak, hearts racing -- turned to shock and blank stares.
That was it.
No fanfare or celebratory music.
No special dialogue or congratulations.
Nothing. It was just another mode that ended.
Adding further insult to our disappointment, the Iron Throne insert on the playfield didn't even stay lit (like Hand of the King does). It was clear I had won, as all the house lights had gone out and I was obviously 'starting over'. After ball 2 ended (beat a house or two), I pulled up a rulesheet summary to confirm it, and sure enough it mentions the 'victory laps' after taking all seven castles, and 'resetting' things after you're back down to one ball.
I went through the motions of playing ball 3, trying to rack up some more points -- it still wasn't my HSTD, believe it or not -- and didn't do much on ball 3. I may have lost my groove or concentration due to my disappointment.
I've had this game for three years and I FINALLY beat it, and the game did absolutely nothing memorable to celebrate it.
Granted, it was a wonderful experience with my son, and we still shared many a celebratory high-five and I'll definitely cherish that forever. But still.
** If there are any game coders reading along here in this thread, please keep this in mind for future games. If a player goes through all that to scratch and claw and climb their way through all those modes, there should be SOMETHING to reward you at the end before it 'starts over'. **
For GoT, for example, here's an idea of how it could have been done: you've beaten all seven castles, now you're in victory laps. Once you're back down to one ball, instead of just abruptly ending IT mode and starting over, it should light the center ramp (like when HotK or IT are lit) for one final shot -- you put it up there one last time, the lock holds it, and it plays a special celebratory animation / song / dialogue / etc., allowing you to savor your victory & conquest. When the celebration ends, it releases the ball, and THEN you start over.
Don't get me wrong, I still love this game and I'm still sad to sell it, but that lack of victorious 'ending' really stung.
FWIW, here were my scores during Iron Throne and overall. As I mentioned above, this was still only my second highest score to date; my GC score is 9,633,839,410 ... it was a game during which I had major PF multipliers and was absolutely crushing Wall Multiball, with MANY cycles of jackpots and super jackpots.
<sigh>
[quoted image][quoted image]

I totally agree, maybe Dwight can add something that gives it a more wow effect for beating it.

#7052 1 year ago

So GOT sounds good with an external woofer? Never thought to add one to it.

#7053 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thanks,
I ordered a flipper fidelity set, it’s easier to get here in Germany.
I already turn down insert and flasher brightness to 100, it’s still intense when playing in dark. Thought gb was exhausting for my eyes, but this one tops it.

Turn it down more. Like to 30.

#7054 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Turn it down more. Like to 30.

Ok will try. Thank you

Is there a protector available for the castle plastic. I heard that it can break easily

#7055 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Ok will try. Thank you
Is there a protector available for the castle plastic. I heard that it can break easily

Mine hasn’t broke in like 5-6k plays. Not sure if there’s a protector or not.

#7056 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine hasn’t broke in like 5-6k plays. Not sure if there’s a protector or not.

The front side of the castle on mine and every one i have seen has impacts.
On mine i covered it with stickers because of the price of a new plastic. You can only buy the whole set....
I marked the impacts in the picture.

5bb4eb2b8fefacf34b4bb69123f0d8c6c840c573 (resized).jpg5bb4eb2b8fefacf34b4bb69123f0d8c6c840c573 (resized).jpg
#7057 1 year ago

Got the fidelity speakers today. What a difference, sound really good now.

Is it normal that the gi flicker when pressing the flipper button ?

#7058 1 year ago

Yeah, that's because Stern decided to have the GI driver on the 8 coil node board use the same (supervised) ground as the coils do. If you are willing to solder on the node board, you can bridge coil ground and logic ground to fix the GI flickering, but by doing that you would loose the current sensing on the coils too. Which imho is much more important..

#7059 1 year ago
Quoted from cynric:

Yeah, that's because Stern decided to have the GI driver on the 8 coil node board use the same (supervised) ground as the coils do. If you are willing to solder on the node board, you can bridge coil ground and logic ground to fix the GI flickering, but by doing that you would loose the current sensing on the coils too. Which imho is much more important..

Ok good to know that it’s normal. Is
There somewhere a how to do it for this ?

Thanks

#7060 1 year ago

my got didnt keep the sound level. Everytime i boot up the game, i have to adjust it again. Is that normal on spike 1? or is it maybe the lithium battery ?

#7062 1 year ago

Ok, i just ordered a new battery. Hope that fix it

#7063 1 year ago

Battery wasn’t the problem, I had a bad sd card. I installed a new one and now everything’s fine again

I just found an adjustment that make playing in the dark more joyable and didn’t need to turn down gi and flasher brightness.

This game is so great, really like the way you can choice the strategy. Cant believe that I didn’t spend attention to it all the years.
57AD0128-2E4B-49C0-AD0C-7ECE0407E5C1 (resized).jpeg57AD0128-2E4B-49C0-AD0C-7ECE0407E5C1 (resized).jpeg

#7064 1 year ago

Great game that will always be underrated!!!

#7065 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great game that will always be underrated!!!

Probably not rated highly due to generic playfield design. Great theme, but my first impression of the playfield was, "seriously?"

#7066 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Probably not rated highly due to generic playfield design. Great theme, but my first impression of the playfield was, "seriously?"

Agreed, but that's exactly what I love about it. The playfield stays out of the way (especially on Pro, which I prefer) and lets the rules do the heavy lifting. No fancy mechs or elaborate toys or complicated ball paths: just a handful of shots that you need to practice, and a deep ruleset with tons of strategy to keep it interesting.

#7067 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I was surprised how fast and how nice the shoots are. Also the miniplayfield is well integrated. I can’t stop playing it.

2 weeks later
#7068 1 year ago

Is it normal that battering ram hits from the left flipper didn’t always count ? From the right I have a 100 % register. The target switch contact is super close. Are there any adjustments on the battering ram, that hits from the left side will better count?

Thanks

#7069 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is it normal that battering ram hits from the left flipper didn’t always count ? From the right I have a 100 % register. The target switch contact is super close. Are there any adjustments on the battering ram, that hits from the left side will better count?
Thanks

Lube your ram. Put a dab of zoom spout oiler or equivalent on the sled underneath the playfield as well as the rods that go through the playfield.

Also take the ram out and make sure the wheels on it spin freely. Lots of times those were tightened on too much.

#7070 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lube your ram. Put a dab of zoom spout oiler or equivalent on the sled underneath the playfield as well as the rods that go through the playfield.
Also take the ram out and make sure the wheels on it spin freely. Lots of times those were tightened on too much.

that works, thank you !

#7071 1 year ago

Quick question for people with Color DMD on GOTpro. I just put the latest code in today and was wondering how important it is to upgrade the color dmd code. Is there a great difference that is noticeable? I was prolonging the code update b/c I didn’t want to loose my high scores, but today was a rainy/snowy day in the Bay Area and I wanted to change things up.

#7072 1 year ago

The newest code only changed call outs. I don’t think any of the dmd animations were changed. But I don’t have color dmd to confirm.

#7073 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The newest code only changed call outs. I don’t think any of the dmd animations were changed. But I don’t have color dmd to confirm.

Thx.
I’ll change the color DMD tonight (too busy playing). The Targaryen (choose your house) images des not really express color so I guess that’s the only difference.

#7074 1 year ago

Regardless it always great to put up new high scores.

#7075 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thx.
I’ll change the color DMD tonight (too busy playing). The Targaryen (choose your house) images des not really express color so I guess that’s the only difference.

Good point. And the random selection choose too is another change I believe.

#7076 1 year ago

There were a few changes to the video/display images. This is for when the random house selection option was added. I think even a couple of new scenes were added so I colored those and adjusted for the game starting house selection. A lot of the house emblems are simply single color. It won't be broken playing with the older colorDMD code you just may see a few scenes in the default color of the gold. Oh yes, color added for an easter egg too.

#7077 1 year ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Oh yes, color added for an easter egg too.

Can you please elaborate on this more?
GOT pro is my usual go to prized egg in the nest (BSD as well) and I would like to know more.
Thank you for your work w/Color DMD!

#7078 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Can you please elaborate on this more?
GOT pro is my usual go to prized egg in the nest (BSD as well) and I would like to know more.
Thank you for your work w/Color DMD!

You're welcome I enjoy it. Labor of love

A few eggs here, not much.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/239496-game-of-thrones/cheats

I just remember the Dead Flip one.

1 week later
#7079 1 year ago

hi guys,

made bumper caps a few years ago for got pro, i know some of you asked a while ago if i had more, unfortunately no.
but here's the set i had in my game (first test set) i did something else for my game (another color).

they still look very good, use the original screws.

$50usd including shipping in us and canada.

just shoot me a pm.

thanks, bob.

GOT bumper caps (resized).jpgGOT bumper caps (resized).jpg
#7080 1 year ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

hi guys,
made bumper caps a few years ago for got pro, i know some of you asked a while ago if i had more, unfortunately no.
but here's the set i had in my game (first test set) i did something else for my game (another color).
they still look very good, use the original screws.
$50usd including shipping in us and canada.
just shoot me a pm.
thanks, bob.[quoted image]

and it's gone!

4 weeks later
#7081 11 months ago

At a local repairshop we got a GoT in, heavily used on route

Cleaned up nicely, no big issues.

Thought you might like to see the earnings. Not bad at all

60C5B073-935B-4106-9A5C-471D51DB713C (resized).jpeg60C5B073-935B-4106-9A5C-471D51DB713C (resized).jpeg7E6A9744-8740-49C7-B2C3-72EA0E1B263A (resized).jpeg7E6A9744-8740-49C7-B2C3-72EA0E1B263A (resized).jpegB4F93AAC-BEB8-4EB5-B6CC-F1D9662D47F8 (resized).jpegB4F93AAC-BEB8-4EB5-B6CC-F1D9662D47F8 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7082 11 months ago

Doing a deep cleaning and never noticed the end of this spring under the dragon's wing before. Is that normal, or did it slip down?

IMG_20230423_131902571 (resized).jpgIMG_20230423_131902571 (resized).jpg
#7083 10 months ago

Keen to hear what house most here are choosing? I tend to have my better games with Lannister and to an extent Baratheon. Greyjoy the most challenging

#7084 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Keen to hear what house most here are choosing? I tend to have my better games with Lannister and to an extent Baratheon. Greyjoy the most challenging

Targaryen if I'm trying to get to the Iron Throne.
Tyrell or Lannister for a consistent, good game with high potential.
Rarely pick Stark or Greyjoy except for the challenge / change.

#7085 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I always just pick Random now. But my preferred is Greyjoy as it has the most challenge. I have played it enough to know the exact shots on my game that I can get to Iron Throne on most games with most houses. Certainly if I leverage the LE with the upper playfield on default (I have it changed to not complete - 1.34 rules) to make it a bit tougher. But if you use the upper playfield on Premium/LE, you can get to IT with any house by only making a couple shots.

#7086 10 months ago
Quoted from atum:

I always just pick Random now. But my preferred is Greyjoy as it has the most challenge. I have played it enough to know the exact shots on my game that I can get to Iron Throne on most games with most houses. Certainly if I leverage the LE with the upper playfield on default (I have it changed to not complete - 1.34 rules) to make it a bit tougher. But if you use the upper playfield on Premium/LE, you can get to IT with any house by only making a couple shots.

Exactly why I changed that Upper Playfield adjustment. I want to have to complete the house like in the Pro

#7087 10 months ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Doing a deep cleaning and never noticed the end of this spring under the dragon's wing before. Is that normal, or did it slip down?
[quoted image]

Yes that’s supposed to be there

#7088 10 months ago

Anyone have a fix available for the LE left orbit?
Mine gets caught on the gate next to the top left rollover lane even after I’ve completely removed the rubber on the post

1 week later
#7089 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Mine gets caught on the gate next to the top left rollover lane even after I’ve completely removed the rubber on the post

I think there was a whole thread about it at one time. It involves enlarging the hole for the screws that hold the gate in place and sliding the mech forward slightly. Start here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/29#post-5084502

#7090 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Good pictures here for the fix: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix/page/5#post-2977900

1 week later
#7091 10 months ago

I'm considering a GOT Pro for my next pin and am wondering if the Stern topper can still be purchased? I'm guessing only through second hand now but thought I would ask. Or has anyone got one they might sell?

#7092 10 months ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

I'm considering a GOT Pro for my next pin and am wondering if the Stern topper can still be purchased? I'm guessing only through second hand now but thought I would ask. Or has anyone got one they might sell?

Really tough to come by and if you could find one, you'd likely have to pay over 2k to get it.

#7093 10 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Really tough to come by and if you could find one, you'd likely have to pay over 2k to get it.

Wow! That seems like madness. Why is it that Stern wouldn't simply make more of them I wonder? Seems like all the work of design is done, just order another batch.

#7094 10 months ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Wow! That seems like madness. Why is it that Stern wouldn't simply make more of them I wonder? Seems like all the work of design is done, just order another batch.

Licensing for one, parts availability for two, one of their lesser popular titles. They don’t tend to hang on to mush stock after games stop being ran. And doubtful they go back and remake old toppers when they can’t event make the toppers for their newest games.

#7095 10 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is a GOT Topper really that expensive? I’ve seen a few other toppers hit 2K but is this really one of them?

#7096 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is a GOT Topper really that expensive? I’ve seen a few other toppers hit 2K but is this really one of them?

I'm gonna say yes, I see supply and demand has raised prices significantly and with that said I would not part with it unless someone gave me upwards of 4K.
I remember when they had a fire sale on them and dealers were ditching them for $350-.
If I had any clue where prices were going for Toppers I would have invested 10K and stocked up.
-Mike

#7097 10 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yes. The aftermarket for these toppers is out of control. GOT was one of the first Stern did and is still one of the best. Most people won't part with one for less than 2k, and it's likely even higher now. (Check out the 7k markup on the GB that someone has listed in the market because it has the unobtainium topper!)

It's nuts...and getting nuttier: the new Rush topper is 1.7k.

#7098 10 months ago

That's insane. In saying that I nearly bought a BKSOR premium earlier this year because it had the topper and was for sale at 11.3K

I get that some toppers fetch big money but I didn't think all of them did. ST Toppers are still available cheap it seems - good to know regarding GOT

1 week later
#7099 10 months ago

I'm picking up a really nice GOT pro next week. Super excited to add this game to the collection. I typically powder coat all my games, does anyone have a good color for the pro? I feel like its a hard game to find a color that matches with the different art work. I'm also looking for the Stern topper if anyone is selling?

#7100 10 months ago

I did a combo of gold and black. Gold rails. Black hinges. Gold lockdown. Black decorations around lockdown button. Gold coin door frame. Black door. I like how it turned out. Powder coater used the wrong gold…has more color than I’d like, but I gave him a ‘pass’, As he’s done a bunch for me a gives reasonable pricing. Will post picture later.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 49.99
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.