371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 144.
#6801 3 years ago

Then why are speaker wires marked if it doesn’t matter? It’s bad for the speaker if they are out of phase?

#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then why are speaker wires marked if it doesn’t matter? It’s bad for the speaker if they are out of phase?

I don't think it's bad for them generally...it will just sound funky.

According to this article, the only way it causes damage is if it's a dual voice coil. So I guess if your speakers are like that, that would explain why they do not make any noise when wired out of phase. It's subwoofer specific, but should cover regular speakers too I think.
https://www.mtx.com/library-phase-discussion

#6803 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I assume this is the case for speakers (not subs) as well. This information is actually blowing my mind. I’ve set up car audio and home surround systems for decades and I wonder how many times I hooked up speakers backwards and assumed they were right because sound was coming out. Haha

#6804 3 years ago

My 2 upper playfield “slingshots” are so sensitive the noise goes off every time I hit the flippers. Even after I keep trying to increase the distance of the switch the rubber forces them closer. Are they even needed? Could I disconnect them as the noise when they are triggered is highly annoying

#6805 3 years ago

Should be able to adjust them so it stops happening, but yeah, they serve no purpose.

#6806 3 years ago

Gonna throw this in here. Happy thanksgiving GOT fans.

#6807 3 years ago

Best show eeever, best show eeever, best show ever.

#6808 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

H F Y Man!!!!

Love It.

#6809 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Gonna throw this in here. Happy thanksgiving GOT fans.

Nuno B!

#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Just got the 4k (after getting the massive blu-ray set last year). Watching it for a fourth time. And yes...I even really liked the last season. It was still better than anything else on TV.

#6811 3 years ago

Nice! I would like to go through it all again, but we always did that leading up to the most recent season. So I’ve seen the first season like 50 times. Haha

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. Just got the 4k (after getting the massive blu-ray set last year). Watching it for a fourth time. And yes...I even really liked the last season. It was still better than anything else on TV.

The massive collection edition? I want to pull the trigger. The book looks insane.

#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Will my not so perfect vision see the difference between blu ray and 4k?? The cool blu ray with the "BOX" is on sale. I love the look of it.

Thank for any input.

#6814 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Will my not so perfect vision see the difference between blu ray and 4k?? The cool blu ray with the "BOX" is on sale. I love the look of it.
Thank for any input.

4K is pretty sweet - but you have to have a tv that supports it (most are these days). It’s like playing pinball with invisiglass. But, if you’ve never played a pin with invisiglass, you won’t notice a difference

#6815 3 years ago

I’ll still put my 240hz 10 year old LG against any new 4K tv. Things a masterpiece.

#6816 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

4K is pretty sweet - but you have to have a tv that supports it (most are these days). It’s like playing pinball with invisiglass. But, if you’ve never played a pin with invisiglass, you won’t notice a difference

I do have a 4k TV....looking to buy the 85" tomorrow lol.

I just like the packaging in the Blu Ray, if they did the same for the 4k it would be a easy choice.

Thanks for the response.

#6817 3 years ago

I was hoping someone can help me...

When my game boots up it says...

Node board 1 not found...

U can still play the game but the dragon on the stern topper doesn't stop flapping....lol

Now , it doesnt give me that message on start up but the dragon keeps moving...

Can someone give me some advice..

Thank you in advance....!!!

#6818 3 years ago

Make sure you have the correct code on your game.

#6819 3 years ago

I got the blu-ray for the awesome box. I figured they'd do the gigging-the-fans thing and release a 4k a year later. I got the Best Buy steelbook collection. Yes...it DOES look far better than the blu-ray for one major reason: HDR. (You can actually SEE whats going on in The Long Night from season 8.) The Dolby Atmos on every disc is amazing as well. But caution...I just had disc one, episode one freeze 3 minutes in and now have to buy a second set to mix and match bad discs, so the quality control sucks.

#6820 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I was hoping someone can help me...
When my game boots up it says...
Node board 1 not found...
U can still play the game but the dragon on the stern topper doesn't stop flapping....lol
Now , it doesnt give me that message on start up but the dragon keeps moving...
Can someone give me some advice..
Thank you in advance....!!!

Check your connections on Node 1 inside cabinet. If you have a shaker motor (CN16) it may have come loose. Check (CN14) power input. Wished I had a topper.

#6821 3 years ago

I achieved getting to the final wizzard mode on the pro. However, I had no idea what to shoot at strategically. Could anybody summarize what to do in the final battle (except shooting the blinking lights which is pretty obvious)?

#6822 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I achieved getting to the final wizzard mode on the pro. However, I had no idea what to shoot at strategically. Could anybody summarize what to do in the final battle (except shooting the blinking lights which is pretty obvious)?

Yes, please wait for chuckwurt to do his Black Friday shopping and he'll inform you what to shoot. All I know is the "Blinking Lights" as fast as you can.

#6823 3 years ago

It’s waves. Each house has a wave. You must shoot all shots, as well as the shot that represents that house. So that shot is needed twice.

Then the battering ram is lit for a super. Hit that to end the wave, add a ball, and start the next wave.

Rinse and repeat until all houses have been completed.

Then victory laps start where it’s just hit lit shots until you drain.

If you drain during Iron Throne, and have balls left to play, Iron Throne will continue. You can also play it with one ball, so don’t think it’s over if you drain down to one ball.

#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s waves. Each house has a wave. You must shoot all shots, as well as the shot that represents that house. So that shot is needed twice.
Then the battering ram is lit for a super. Hit that to end the wave, add a ball, and start the next wave.
If you drain during Iron Throne, and have balls left to play, Iron Throne will continue. You can also play it with one ball, so don’t think it’s over if you drain down to one ball.

Key Post This

#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Watched your tutorials, ver nice, but you left the final battle open to be saved as a surprise. So I don't like surprises of this kind Therefore thank you for your comments. How do I start a house in the wave. Is the first shot the house and then I have to shot all shots? Or how do I know which house has started the wave?

#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Watched your tutorials, ver nice, but you left the final battle open to be saved as a surprise. So I don't like surprises of this kind Therefore thank you for your comments. How do I start a house in the wave. Is the first shot the house and then I have to shot all shots? Or how do I know which house has started the wave?

Yes, you shoot a particular shot to start that wave. After you finish that wave, that particular shot will be unlit. So as you progress through Iron Throne, there will be fewer and fewer House "waves" available.

Question for chuckwurt . Do you know if the shot values during Iron Throne are based on how you did in the House the first time?

#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, you shoot a particular shot to start that wave. After you finish that wave, that particular shot will be unlit. So as you progress through Iron Throne, there will be fewer and fewer House "waves" available.

I just realized that these rules are quite similar to There and Back Again in LOTR, except for the add-a-ball after each phase.

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I just realized that these rules are quite similar to There and Back Again in LOTR, except for the add-a-ball after each phase.

Thank you for your comments, highl yappreciated. However, TABA in Lotr requires only the ring shot plus the shot to the mod and not an entire wave. But correct the mod shot then disappears when the next ring shot is made.

#6829 3 years ago

It says code 1.37.

Is the node 1 board the board beside coinbox?

If so i checked connectors and pushed everything in nice and snug and also whatever little stuff in backbox...

The dragon still wants to take flight .
I cant control him...lol

Sorry 4 busting balls .. if anyone knows what else I can do?...

#6830 3 years ago

Make sure the code is for the correct game. Pro, prem, LE.

#6831 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Question for chuckwurt . Do you know if the shot values during Iron Throne are based on how you did in the House the first time?

The house order is predetermined. Doesn’t matter how you’re shooting. Just clear the waves. Takes the same number of shots to clear each wave. Same difficulty the whole time.

Values in Iron Throne are always the same. Nothing adjusts them except for multipliers.

#6832 3 years ago

Thnx for the helping me chuckwurt .. it is for the pro.. the game has been working without the dragon flapping for 3 months.. it's been doing it lately ever since the..." check nodebiard 1" came on...
Btw your videos is what made me keep the game so good job on those...

If I play it eith dragon constantly flapping willin screw up the game?

#6833 3 years ago

Must be an issue with your topper then. What does node 1 operate? I would unplug the topper until you sort the issue.

#6834 3 years ago

Hi guys, my (Pro) dragon is sometimes not holding the ball when it should (eg mystery), are there any obvious places to check for with this?

#6835 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Hi guys, my (Pro) dragon is sometimes not holding the ball when it should (eg mystery), are there any obvious places to check for with this?

Take the dragon off the game and put the game into test and fire the ball up there over and over to see what the issue could be. Possible the up post is binding and not popping up quick enough.

2 weeks later
#6836 3 years ago

Nearly every time I hit the left orbit shot (particularly backhand) the ball doesn’t go all the way to the pops and kinda sits on the edge of the gate. Is this related to the orbit issue always spoken about? I have an LE. I either end up tilting or if I’m lucky a ball search pops the ball loose. Anyone else have this issue, it’s really ruining gameplay for me

BA4E3800-01D8-478E-BD12-0B517754BDC5 (resized).jpegBA4E3800-01D8-478E-BD12-0B517754BDC5 (resized).jpeg
#6837 3 years ago

That’s a controlled gate. Maybe it’s not working properly. Put the game in coil test and make sure it’s opening and closing properly like the right one does.

Probably just needs adjusted a bit.

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a controlled gate. Maybe it’s not working properly. Put the game in coil test and make sure it’s opening and closing properly like the right one does.
Probably just needs adjusted a bit.

It does mate and Martel mode shots from right to left work fine. I’m thinking removing the rubber from the top of the lane guide might help

#6839 3 years ago

I back hand to the pops with slow rollers all the time and it never gets stuck. Yeah try a smaller rubber up there or take the one out and see what’s the deal. Seems the gate is working properly if you don’t notice anything messed up with the gates in other situations.

Aftermarket rubber or stock?

#6840 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I back hand to the pops with slow rollers all the time and it never gets stuck. Yeah try a smaller rubber up there or take the one out and see what’s the deal. Seems the gate is working properly if you don’t notice anything messed up with the gates in other situations.
Aftermarket rubber or stock?

Titan rubbers. Gotta pull half the game apart to get to that 1 rubber lol. The joy!

#6841 3 years ago

I never changed the top lane rubbers on my pro or my premium. Neither is fun!

I bet if you go back to stock or put a smaller rubber there, you’ll be in business.

#6842 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I never changed the top lane rubbers on my pro or my premium. Neither is fun!
I bet if you go back to stock or put a smaller rubber there, you’ll be in business.

It’s a 3/8 OD like the manual states. I’m not sure I want to pull all this apart when a right orbit shot passes through fine. The gate hangs up the ball coming from the left

#6843 3 years ago

Sounds like you’re going to have to live with it or take everything apart to get to it.

Titans are never the exact same size as stock. It’s a different material so minor variances are definitely present with them.

#6844 3 years ago

Okay so I pulled off the rubber on the top side of the lane guide nearest the gate and still have the same problem. Someone else must be getting their ball stuck here.....

#6845 3 years ago

Did you figure out how it’s getting stuck? Is it resting on the transition from the ball guide to the top lane guides? Is the gate pinching it?

#6846 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you figure out how it’s getting stuck? Is it resting on the transition from the ball guide to the top lane guides? Is the gate pinching it?

Kinda mate. the gate is resting on top of the ball and if I give it a good nudge it'll fall into the pops. Problem is the good nudge sometimes turns into a tilt and I don't want to nudge each time. Plus, others playing my game have no clue about nudging. I'm thinking about changing the setting that disables the orbit to see if that changes things

#6847 3 years ago

GOT Callouts?

I'm just curious to know if the actors who play The Hound and Arya Stark, respectively, did the callouts for GOT pinball, or were they done by sound-alike voice actors? I mean, when I hear the game shout "Blackwater Multiball," I guess I can hear The Hound, although not exactly. Ditto: Arya announcing the Houses. I s'pose there's a bit of Tyrion in there, too, but aren't his clips lifted straight from the show? Pinball callouts in most cases are recorded for the pinball, as they feature things that are pinball-specific and aren't uttered under other circumstances. Did Stern truly bring those actors in to record? Why do I find that hard to imagine?

#6848 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

GOT Callouts?
I'm just curious to know if the actors who play The Hound and Arya Stark, respectively, did the callouts for GOT pinball, or were they done by sound-alike voice actors? I mean, when I hear the game shout "Blackwater Multiball," I guess I can hear The Hound, although not exactly. Ditto: Arya announcing the Houses. I s'pose there's a bit of Tyrion in there, too, but aren't his clips lifted straight from the show? Pinball callouts in most cases are recorded for the pinball, as they feature things that are pinball-specific and aren't uttered under other circumstances. Did Stern truly bring those actors in to record? Why do I find that hard to imagine?

Pretty certain Mellisandre does the female callouts in the game, not Arya Stark

#6849 3 years ago

The Hound does the male callouts; I'm 99% the woman isn't from the cast of the show.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.