371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 144.
#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

However I'm starting to wonder if this might be a software problem, because the situation in which it resets is always the same. Running the latest code. I finish the 4th house and start Hand of the King. Then, shoot the Dragon to claim Extra Ball. It's a rather frustrating time to get a reset

This comment is why I suggested a new SD Card. It's an easy and cheap test. Even if you don't have an SD Card they are $8.

#6752 3 years ago

YouTube link for my premium tutorial!

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like the mounting is the same, only the "wings" are different...[quoted image]

New power supply arrived, but the mounting points are not compatible with the "wings", can't even use one side. I looked in the GoT Premium manual but did not see any part number for that. Maybe I could fabricate something... any suggestions?

psu compare (resized).jpgpsu compare (resized).jpg
#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

New power supply arrived, but the mounting points are not compatible with the "wings", can't even use one side. I looked in the GoT Premium manual but did not see any part number for that. Maybe I could fabricate something... any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Yeah, I looked in the manual thinking they'd break the "wings" out as a separate part, but they don't. The prem/le wings have the holes closer to the power supply because the power supply is 12mm wider overall, so the holes are 6mm closer on each side than on the Pro.

Do you have a 3D printer? You could make something that would work out of PETG or Nylon that would work...

#6755 3 years ago

Look what arrived today, they are magnificent . They will be going into there new home on my GOTLE.

I love technology.

62691756318__61788814-1127-46F3-8111-AD750BF1F9E9 (resized).jpg62691756318__61788814-1127-46F3-8111-AD750BF1F9E9 (resized).jpg
#6756 3 years ago

Finally got all my games in one place. Moving sucks.
I redid some of my covers .
They had a cool special so I did both sides for a little change in seasons. Lol
Once our house is finished I will hang the banners.

1C1BFA62-4689-4FD7-AEDA-39A204E61DBD (resized).jpeg1C1BFA62-4689-4FD7-AEDA-39A204E61DBD (resized).jpeg3009EDB0-20C5-4BB3-BC24-2CB271B1542E (resized).jpeg3009EDB0-20C5-4BB3-BC24-2CB271B1542E (resized).jpeg36BFE9AF-DDBF-4878-9CA9-0C287915CED5 (resized).jpeg36BFE9AF-DDBF-4878-9CA9-0C287915CED5 (resized).jpeg91A55E5D-5CBC-46FF-BE09-0D7435D5A162 (resized).jpeg91A55E5D-5CBC-46FF-BE09-0D7435D5A162 (resized).jpegC029D1CF-2A7A-4DD2-92AD-5FD019BD1F22 (resized).jpegC029D1CF-2A7A-4DD2-92AD-5FD019BD1F22 (resized).jpegD59C9D0C-4FF7-47EE-8C40-EFF096215656 (resized).jpegD59C9D0C-4FF7-47EE-8C40-EFF096215656 (resized).jpeg
#6757 3 years ago

I don’t want to buy an entire plastic set for 2 little plastics, by any chance can someone help me with the 2 circled ones? I don’t mind if they are used as long as they aren’t broken

3C12FC1F-2998-47FC-8A4C-467F80925E45 (resized).jpeg3C12FC1F-2998-47FC-8A4C-467F80925E45 (resized).jpeg
#6758 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

[quoted image]

I was anxious to test this out and did not have the materials handy to make a proper set of mounting brackets right away. So I used cardboard from an old shoebox temporarily:
cardboard mount (resized).jpgcardboard mount (resized).jpg
Playing every day since then, there hasn't been a single reset. As a bonus, it is silent at idle. Finally today I made some permanent brackets out of aluminum flashing:
flashing mount (resized).jpgflashing mount (resized).jpg

#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

I was anxious to test this out and did not have the materials handy to make a proper set of mounting brackets right away. So I used cardboard from an old shoebox temporarily:
[quoted image]
Playing every day since then, there hasn't been a single reset. As a bonus, it is silent at idle. Finally today I made some permanent brackets out of aluminum flashing:
[quoted image]

Great news that your back up and fighting. Hand of the King for you.

#6760 3 years ago

So during various multi-ball if I strike both flippers at the same time they "freeze" and a second or so afterward they start working again perfectly. That is, unless I strike both flippers at the same time again. I asked this question before and was told that this feature was included into the game through one of the updates; I get that. Now, is there in the adjustments section a way to turn off this feature? I can't find one.

#6761 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

So during various multi-ball if I strike both flippers at the same time they "freeze" and a second or so afterward they start working again perfectly. That is, unless I strike both flippers at the same time again. I asked this question before and was told that this feature was included into the game through one of the updates; I get that. Now, is there in the adjustments section a way to turn off this feature? I can't find one.

This doesn't sound exactly like the flippers freezing in Winter Has Come but if it is then the DMD will read Flipper is Frozen. It is pretty fun/cool mechanic built into one mode and I have no idea if you can turn that off.

#6762 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

The feature is only during Winter Has Come multiball and only happens to one flipper. Shoot center ramp with the working flipper to get them both back. This cannot be turned off.

#6763 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The feature is only during Winter Has Come multiball and only happens to one flipper. Shoot center ramp with the working flipper to get them both back. This cannot be turned off.

6 months in, and I didn't even know Winter Has Come was a thing. Got it yesterday. It was pretty damn awesome.

#6764 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

6 months in, and I didn't even know Winter Has Come was a thing. Got it yesterday. It was pretty damn awesome.

It’s such a badass mode. Especially if you get deep into it and get the super jackpot. It can be huge.

#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s such a badass mode. Especially if you get deep into it and get the super jackpot. It can be huge.

I've gotten a monster score on it before, I will have to look up what that score was but I think I made it through the Lieutenants and got the Super. I love this mode and I sometimes try for it just because. The rules really incorporate the story and personality of the theme.

#6766 3 years ago

Oh yeah. I need to get back to it soon. Haven’t been in a while.

#6767 3 years ago

Oh man...what a great mode, and one you do not see often if not specifically shooting for it. Going to have to go for that again soon...been awhile for me too. Brilliant mode, and really feels like you are in a blizzard. Awesome light usage. Dwight is the best.

#6768 3 years ago

Dwight definitely crushed it on this one.

#6769 3 years ago

Everything you guys say about this machine is true...and I keep taking a break from JP and STh to walk over and play this one. And I remember how truly great it is and how you can play it so many different ways to keep it fresh. Absolutely wonderful.

Then I think back to people on this site, in typical Pinside fashion, just saying how ugly the playfield is and dismissing the entire game because of how it looks. It happens every time here, as if this were an art forum and not a pinball forum. It's really frustrating to those of us who haven't completely lost our f**king minds.

#6770 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Everything you guys say about this machine is true...and I keep taking a break from JP and STh to walk over and play this one. And I remember how truly great it is and how you can play it so many different ways to keep it fresh. Absolutely wonderful.
Then I think back to people on this site, in typical Pinside fashion, just saying how ugly the playfield is and dismissing the entire game because of how it looks. It happens every time here, as if this were an art forum and not a pinball forum. It's really frustrating to those of us who haven't completely lost our f**king minds.

I still can't see what the problem is with the playfield art. I love it. Sure, the cab and translight (pro at least) are ok at best, but I find the pf beautiful.

#6771 3 years ago

First impressions last and the first impressions from the masses were horrible for this game.

#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I've gotten a monster score on it before, I will have to look up what that score was but I think I made it through the Lieutenants and got the Super. I love this mode and I sometimes try for it just because. The rules really incorporate the story and personality of the theme.

I focused on this for a while a couple of months ago. Got it up to 2.8B+ Winter Has Come. I went with Greyjoy, Did Tyrell First (to get HotK shot multipliers), Stark (for boosted winter is coming), and Lannister for multipliers. Was able to play HotK and focus only on battering ram. Got it up to 5x, dumped balls down to 1. Then shot for Winter is Coming with playfield and shot multiplier, and was right at 400M for that one shot. Then proceeded to get the rest and keep it high. So my Winter is Coming was at 600M, which is important as that factors into the SJ value in Winter Has Come.

Probably the most fun and intense game I had on this game was that goal, and the stress during that multiball if you can't make shots!

#6773 3 years ago

Well I was wrong reference the flippers freezing up during multi-ball. They freeze up every time I hit both flippers at the same time, so it has to be an electronic problem. Has anybody else encounter this problem?

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from atum:

I focused on this for a while a couple of months ago. Got it up to 2.8B+ Winter Has Come. I went with Greyjoy, Did Tyrell First (to get HotK shot multipliers), Stark (for boosted winter is coming), and Lannister for multipliers. Was able to play HotK and focus only on battering ram. Got it up to 5x, dumped balls down to 1. Then shot for Winter is Coming with playfield and shot multiplier, and was right at 400M for that one shot. Then proceeded to get the rest and keep it high. So my Winter is Coming was at 600M, which is important as that factors into the SJ value in Winter Has Come.
Probably the most fun and intense game I had on this game was that goal, and the stress during that multiball if you can't make shots!

I’m about to rain on your parade. So the SJP in WHC is not the combined total of your multiplied WIC hurry ups, it’s only the combined value of the unmultiplied WIC hurry ups. So their base value.

Bummer I know. I tried to convince Dwight to make it the multiplied WIC hurry ups. No luck. Haha

#6775 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I still can't see what the problem is with the playfield art. I love it. Sure, the cab and translight (pro at least) are ok at best, but I find the pf beautiful.

I have no issues with the art, either. And I think the hand drawn stuff on the LE is absolutely gorgeous.

#6776 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m about to rain on your parade. So the SJP in WHC is not the combined total of your multiplied WIC hurry ups, it’s only the combined value of the unmultiplied WIC hurry ups. So their base value.
Bummer I know. I tried to convince Dwight to make it the multiplied WIC hurry ups. No luck. Haha

Damn! I just play and hope for a good score on that multiball! So much going on. Either way, then Stark is certainly important to get the base value of the hurry ups higher.

So I should do it again but save my Lannister button for while I am in the WHC, as opposed to while qualifying my WIC!

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Damn! I just play and hope for a good score on that multiball! So much going on. Either way, then Stark is certainly important to get the base value of the hurry ups higher.
So I should do it again but save my Lannister button for while I am in the WHC, as opposed to while qualifying my WIC!

You got it. And if you can get all your WIC hurry ups to combine for like 60-70 million, that SJP can still be massive as it can be worth 25x since it’s on a normal shot and not the battering ram or targets.

#6778 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have no issues with the art, either. And I think the hand drawn stuff on the LE is absolutely gorgeous.

Yeah the pro I didn’t care for, but the other two look sweet. Especially the LE.

#6779 3 years ago

I also like the speaker panel decal. I get that Stern doesn't spend a penny extra they don't need to but would it hurt to do this again?

Add: I guess there isn't as much real estate on the LCD metal panel.

#6780 3 years ago

Hi, I'm a few days into my new acquisition (Pro) and so just learning the basics. Thanks Chuck for your tutorials, the short plunge is really smart. One question I have with the house rules - in what circumstances would you want to pass rather than attack?

#6781 3 years ago

Usually people pass until they have two ready to play at once to try and kill two birds with one stone. Also people pass until they get to multiball to stack two modes with MB. It’s best to play them alone at first, get used to their rules, then learn which ones you like to stack together.

Be careful passing though, you’ll have to qualify another house in order to select a mode at the center ramp again. Or it will relight after you drain.

#6782 3 years ago

Hoping someone can verify something for me. I'm switching out my stock speakers and noticed they are wired out of phase. Can someone tell me if the right speaker on theirs is also wired this way?

IMG_4894 (resized).jpgIMG_4894 (resized).jpgIMG_4895 (resized).jpgIMG_4895 (resized).jpg
#6783 3 years ago

That does seem strange. I'm at work and will be hours before I can check. But will if you haven't gotten answer by then.

#6784 3 years ago

His is what the manual has for the LE. Both sides Ground (-)

CN1 .156" 5-pin
Header
1 Speaker Right
Ground (-)
4 Ohms -
2 Speaker Right (+) 4 Ohms 20W
3 n/c - -
4 Speaker Left
Ground (-)
4 Ohms -
5 Speaker Left (+) 4 Ohms 20W

Will still snap pic later.

#6785 3 years ago

Thanks - it is weird. But from a brief search it seems to be what they're doing on Spike 1 systems - perhaps for some fake surround sound effects (at the expense of coherency and bass output). More interesting is the fact that they're using red wires for negative. Pins 1 and 4 here are the left and right negative terminals! So I've reversed the wiring on my left speaker so both have red on the negative.

I need some nylon spacers to recess the new speakers so I can fit the grill back on lol, although they seem to fit aesthetically like this too

Edit - scratch that, I'm reading the plug upside down lol. Carry on!
IMG_4901 (resized).jpgIMG_4901 (resized).jpgIMG_4902 (resized).jpgIMG_4902 (resized).jpg

#6786 3 years ago

It’s right. Don’t ask me to explain. Haha. If the sound works they are right.

#6787 3 years ago

I had a nice game tonight with my new golds balls.

Thanks to CW again.

goths (resized).jpggoths (resized).jpg
#6788 3 years ago

Nice! What house did you go with?

#6789 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s right. Don’t ask me to explain. Haha. If the sound works they are right.

Ha I want evidence! But seriously, out of phase speakers will still work, and I'm going with in-phase which is sounding good to my fickle ears. Next project is my 18" sub bin

#6790 3 years ago

I’ve never once had a speaker work if the red and black wires are in the wrong spots.

I’m not gonna act like I l ow what in phase means. Haha

#6791 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! What house did you go with?

Bart and many multiballs and killed the spinners. I also selected houses to battle rather than skip. Pure random.

One funny thing that happened was my left flipper froze and for a few secs I was freaking out , like now whats wrong...hahahah.

I need to post some pics with the balls and gold side blades...its now complete.

#6792 3 years ago

So if red and black are reversed they are out of phase (to another speaker that is correctly wired). Audio signal is purely a voltage - the higher the voltage, the more the cone moves. If one speaker is wired incorrectly it will always work, but when the correct speaker is pushed forward, the incorrect one will pull backwards. So you end up with some frequencies that may be cancelled out, and sounds will reach your ears with incorrect timing so it will sound 'off' to the brain. But they will still always work. It's all about maximising the sound quality (to me) so I'll keep tinkering

#6793 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

and killed the spinners.

Don’t worry about spinner. It’s never worth what it once was.

Flipper freeze was during winter has come multiball. It’s a penalty for not making enough shots. Shoot the center ramp to get it back.

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

So if red and black are reversed they are out of phase (to another speaker that is correctly wired). Audio signal is purely a voltage - the higher the voltage, the more the cone moves. If one speaker is wired incorrectly it will always work, but when the correct speaker is pushed forward, the incorrect one will pull backwards. So you end up with some frequencies that may be cancelled out, and sounds will reach your ears with incorrect timing so it will sound 'off' to the brain. But they will still always work. It's all about maximising the sound quality (to me) so I'll keep tinkering

Then why can I go to my stereo downstairs right now, and switch the black and red wires on my surround and then none of the speakers make any sound what so ever?

#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then why can I go to my stereo downstairs right now, and switch the black and red wires on my surround and then none of the speakers make any sound what so ever?

That's only possible if your receiver has some kind of phase-protection circuitry (I can't imagine why, but it's all I can think of). Trust me, I've been in the audio industry over 15 years and I've also just done it on my GoT

#6796 3 years ago

Crazy. I’ve never had a speaker work unless the the speaker wire is hooked up the same way from speaker and receiver. I must be lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it. Haha.

#6797 3 years ago

Right speaker is the bottom one.

20201121_080811 (resized).jpg20201121_080811 (resized).jpg
#6798 3 years ago

Right speaker

20201121_080820 (resized).jpg20201121_080820 (resized).jpg
#6799 3 years ago

Left speaker

20201121_080823 (resized).jpg20201121_080823 (resized).jpg
#6800 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crazy. I’ve never had a speaker work unless the the speaker wire is hooked up the same way from speaker and receiver. I must be lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it. Haha.

Yeah...that's really weird if not borderline impossible. Out of phase (swapped wires) will sound weird, but should work (as long as we are talking actual speaker (signal) wires, not some sort of power). Very strange...go figure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.