371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,240 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 5.
#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do know that I am ultra senstive to this and my eyes dont adjust well to light flashes so maybe it is not so bad for other people???

Not bad at all. Does it make the game harder? Yep, but I like that. Glad to hear GOT is using the same type lighting effects as TWD. I hope to have these two games sitting in the same lineup one day.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Can't picture that ever colorizing well. Would have been stunning in HD

I've heard tron is next on the color dmd. I guess we will find out soon enough. But I don't think it will color well either

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Last I heard it was coloring great!

Cool. Can't wait to see it.

#58 8 years ago

Okay. I've been playing for two hours. This game is effing sweet. I have no idea what the hell in doing and I couldn't be having more fun. The strobe during winter is coming and black water multiball is awesome. Makes those easy shots way harder. Still trying to figure out what the best two houses are to stack. Also, not sure which house is the best to choose on ball one.

Like I said though. This game is tons of fun.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

When are the LE's going to start shipping?

Soon. Perms probably xmas.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yeah!
Just wait till it all clicks
What house are you starting with?
I like the add a ball and the advance multiball ones.

I like greyjoy cause of stealing other house powers but I cannot complete more than one ore two houses a game. Haha.

The add a ball one is key too as the only other way to get add a ball is by random pop bumper award.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Aurich colored ours.
I got a little NF feeling with GOT for sure. I was saying before the Pyramid show is the same as the skyjump shot on NF. Tricks you into thinking you can shoot it with the left flipper. It's like iof you took NF and moved all the ramps up closer to the flippers.

Need to be look into that stuff more as i don;t now all the rules. I always started selecting the Starks, hitting center ramp 15 times and thren cashing in left loop. Easy way to start with 150+ mill

The one I played last night did not cash in the stark mode at the left loop. The dragon completed the mode. I thought it was left loop, but maybe it changed with the new code.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The one I played last night did not cash in the stark mode at the left loop. The dragon completed the mode. I thought it was left loop, but maybe it changed with the new code.

I think I figured it out. You have to make a Full loop, it cannot stop in the top lanes.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can't see in the vid -- What are you shooting for up top? Drops/Standups or ... ?

From what I can tell, you are hitting standups to complete parts of the Targeryan house mode.

Quoted from mof:

Also -- what happened to the lazy gradient shield, is that out of the LE, and still part of the pro? I can't unsee that thing.

haha. I just got done playing the shit out of a Pro this weekend (at least 50-60 games). I cannot tell you what the shield looked like behind the house sigils. But I believe you are right that it was changed on the Prem/LE, and left unchanged on the Pro.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You have to add an underscore in the file name to make it work. We had the same problem here. We did get it to work so we used 1.10 in our launch party, but we had a lot of random resets and eventually had to pull it from the finals.

This happened to the one near me too. Luckily it only reset twice on Friday, and one more time yesterday.

1 week later
#167 8 years ago

I was playing the other day and noticed that once you get all the jackpots in BW multiball, the ram lights for unlimited supers for a period of time. However, if you get enough supers before the time runs out, all the regular jackpots relight again. Pretty awesome and deep that the multiball can go that long.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

One complaint I have is that when you hit the right ramp to get a sword, I thought the audio clip saying the sword name to be really delayed. Like 3-5sec after the ramp is made.
Unlike the left ramp when in stark mode. Aria stark is calling out her list of names as soon as you hit the ramp.

The callout for when you have lock lit is delayed sometimes too.

#201 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

the pops reward the reels not at the wall multiball. I believe that is achieve by completing the winter is coming hurry ups.

Wall multiball is reached by completing the top two roll over lanes a certain number of times. If you are house Baratheon, you get there faster.

Completely the WIC hurry ups gets you winter has come wizard mode. Not sure if it's a multiball or what.

#217 8 years ago

Is your score 18 digits long? Wtf?

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Have any of you guys with the GoT pro installed a shaker? Any issues? I will have my game on Thursday and have a shaker on the way. I want to be sure there are no issues installing...

One we have locally has a shaker and it's awesome.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! I imagine the scoring in those mini wizard modes is based on how well you did in each mode, could you tell off your limited play?

The mini wizard changes based off what houses you've completed to get there. I believe the shots it takes for you to complete the HOTK changes based off what 4 houses you completed beforehand, not how well you did in those modes.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sword lock is indeed still a physical lock. Dragon kickback/hold, I believe a similar thing was done with the Bird shot on BBH.
Last night I was playing after league and I had Stark in Alliance with Greyjoy, I couldn't find any way to complete it. Must have played that mode 4-5 times. Anyone know how to complete this, or could this be a bug?

I had the same issue. The loops were flashing like I could cash in Stark, but nothing happened when I made the shot.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

the orbits will behave like a ramp and just keep adding points to your Stark cash out value.

Edit: I misread your post. Sorry!

Thanks for the clarification on the greyjoy rules!

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Really? So, for example, if I complete House Martell while fighting for Greyjoy then I get the add-a-ball feature as if I was playing as House Martell? That is awesome.

Yep. But like he said, it's a lot harder to complete Martell than if you selected another house to represent.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A guy in our league this week played a single mode that ended up being worth 1.5B alone. Sorry, I don't know which house it was.

I bet you could get close to 2 bills if you could get 5x playfield, Tyrell shot multipliers and max those out as well. Isn't the max multiplied shot 25x? How high does the stark base jackpot go? 75 million? That will get you there for sure.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe Tyrell multipliers should not be constantly lit? Sounds like it's too lucrative compared to some of the other modes.
Rob

That or have the combo red arrows time out quicker. I don't really think a combo should count if you have time to brick three or four times, trap up, then hit a combo shot. Haha

#331 8 years ago

I agree. Haven't seen any air balls and I've played two different ones. Only air balls came when the ball was on top of the drops as they reset.

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The Got pro on location where we play league has a big hole right in the front center of the pyramid also. Most airballs that I've seen come from a 1/2 ramp shot which comes fast back to the right flipper and then the player hits that on the fly. You quickly learn to handle those 1/2 ramp shots with a dead bounce or a live catch.

Can't you position the flipper rubber differently to prevent the fast, on the fly, air ball shots like the ones you're referring too?

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

GOT pro is officially 24 hours out, roads and weather permitting. This is my 3rd stern NIB, with Tron and Metallica being the other 2. I feel 'as giddy as a little schoolgirl' as I get to play it for 5 days until I put it out on location

Lucky. Hoping to get mine Saturday. If I do get it then, I see very little sleep in my future. Haha

#379 8 years ago

wow, just wow....--- this machine. did a few quick mods (plastic protectors and titan flipper and sling silicon rubber), and now I will go buy some beer for game #1. new balls, waxed, checked switches, running code 1.16? thought there was only 1.15 and 1.17? oh well.
enjoy

P1030217.jpg P1030220.jpg P1030235.jpg

Your quick mods are the same I plan to do. Enjoy!

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

The theme integration was her opinion, she is the big fan of the show/books and of course she did not expect whores and nudity. lol WTF. I judged the pin from a pinball perspective in terms of quality, art direction and game play. To sum up my "opinion" It felt cheap.

How did the gameplay feel cheap?

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well judging from the general feedback of the Pro (and no I'm not buying one) your opinion of the gameplay and feel is in the vast minority. I've played the Pro in 82 on multiple occasions and it feels great and the gameplay is fantastic. Sorry it didn't meet your expectations of what a GoT pin should be.

His opinion is mostly based on the physical feel and appearance of the game. Seems like he made up his mind before he played because this game is down right fun. Picard I suggest you go and give the game a solid 4-5 hours and I'm sure your opinion will improve. You're missing out on a great player.

#456 8 years ago

Crud! My game won't be ready till mid Dec. oh well, can't wait to get this badboy home!

#458 8 years ago

Is this for an LE?

Nope. Pro. LEs I heard xmas or after.

#461 8 years ago

Cool. I guess they are shipping those along with the Pros then. Good news.

#466 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Stern is sending me a new pyramid to replace the cracked one. Very easy to deal with. I won't put the new one on until I get some protection for the pyramid.

I would keep at trying to fix your air ball problem too as this is not happening to everyone.

#471 8 years ago

Great score. I think all the uber good players need to only choose greyjoy for extra challenge.

#475 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This is crazy. I ordered right after expo. 6 weeks or more to get Pros out of the factory.

Not sure what the holdup is but I'm sure they are selling a ton of these.

#477 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My friend has been waiting 5 months for his KISS premium! :O He should get it mid December.
Rob

Dang. So it must be something with one of their parts people or maybe they are understaffed. Very common for companies that are expanding. Slippery slope on when to decide to hire more or try and stretch the current workforce to maximize margins. I'm sure they will get it sorted out and be more timely in the future.

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The dragon should *never* shoot sdtm. On the two games I had in my shop and the one I currently own this absolutely never happens. No kickouts or scoops ever should do that. If yours does this, you should do some adjustments.
As for general game times, they do feel a little on the longer ball time range. I haven't owned the game for long, but I have beaten it once already and get to hand of the king most games. I feel like I've already done almost everything there is to do and am not sure if I'll be playing the game again soon. I like it, but TWD pulls me in more. I definitely worry about longevity on this one. PDXMonkey, who started this thread, is already considering selling his for the same reason.

Have you gotten to Winter has Come? Basically you have to complete all the Winter is coming hurry ups.

Also, I am sure there will be another wizard mode (or maybe there already is), for doing things multiple times (like Star Trek). Not sure what happens after you complete Iron Throne mode, but it would be cool if you didn't win the Iron Throne you had to start all over again, or at least get some of the completed houses taken away that you had to defeat again to get back to the Iron Throne mode.

#524 8 years ago

Why couldn't they just program it that after you "beat the game" once you pick a new family to be the hero for. Then yo would have to beat each house several times to ultimately finish the game.

That's a good idea too. Oh the possibilities! Excited to see how this game matures.

#530 8 years ago

Bummer. No go on my Pro this week. Hopefully next week.

2 weeks later
#562 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It has... Arrived!
So, who has built a pyramid protector?

I think mezel has one.

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Has anyone playing got pro had the ball jump out of the right wire form ramp and get stuck between the ramp and the cabinet by the sword lock? Its happened twice to me and it requires taking off the glass because the ball gets seated pretty well there. Also, when the glass was off and the coin door is open, the flippers still function- is that new to the spike games?

No I haven't see the ball get stuck like that on the two Pros I play on location. And yes about the coin door. That changed on Spike.

#593 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I haven't played mine in a couple weeks. And pdxmonkey who started this thread says he is ready to sell his. The game is pretty fun but there feels like limited things to do and it gets repetitive feeling pretty quick.

Haha. That was quick. I feel like it would take me a couple years at least before I decided to sell a new stern.

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got to the Iron Throne tonight. About 2 billion in scoring. I had all the houses flashing on ball one, then started knocking them out, two at a time. After 4 tries got the dragon house finished which was the final house to the Iron Throne.

Awesome! Can't wait for my Pro! I would have the unfortunate luck of buying my first NIB when stern has weird delays in making their games. Haha. I plan to buy a lot of mods so keep them coming!

#623 8 years ago

I like how the shots are safe IF you make them. If you hit the posts your bill is out of control immediately. My scores are all over the place with this game. Once I get one in my house I'm sure I'll have to set it up harder, but not too worried about it. I think the shots on ST are safer as their entrances are further away from the player. I feel like that game more often than not I have very long ball times. Not a bad thing, just happens more often for me with ST than GOT.

#624 8 years ago

I also think that in a two game collection this and either TWD or MET would be a perfect pair.

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is there a reason to shoot those outside of a MB?

They are what earn you gold to spend in the mystery dragon shot or mystery throne shot. If you choose Lannister as your house they are worth more. Also the Lannister mode requires you to hit those targets to lit the mode shots that you need to make to complete the mode. Not sure they have a purpose in MB?

#655 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Heck yeah that side armor looks killer! I'm sure the price will be pretty killer too.

Start saving your pennies!

#659 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

^^^ this! I got the chance to play an LE for first time yesterday, and the mini-PF is underwhelming to say the least. I will say this: it's not an exploitable PF that someone can camp out all day on mini PF and rack up ridiculous risk-free points.
Castle Multiball is incredibly LAME, points-wise, compared to other difficult to achieve MB like Wall or Hand of the King.

See I don't think wall is that difficult to achieve that's why I don't think it should be that heavily weighted points wise.

#661 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is the problem with Stern's "no information" policy about software, that people are speculating that GoT is "done" at this point.
I personally don't think so, I'm sure we'll see more over the next year as the game is tweaked.

I see it as GOT came out with more polished code than previous releases but was in no way finished. We will see, but I wouldn't be surprised if GOT was the start of a new trend where we see games with more mature code from the get go and then updates for the next year or so to get a substantially completed game.

#669 8 years ago

Midnight madness multiball? Me likey. A lot of early issues look to be fixed. Great!

#672 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I heard it's 4:20 Madness

Even better!

#690 8 years ago

Best GOT topper ever? Yep. Step daughter got me this for xmas. Viserion!!!image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#700 8 years ago

Has anyone played as house Tyrell and maxed out the stark mode? Wondering what the stark value can jump to with 5x combo multiplier running. Like 300 million?

#702 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No idea
You are still waiting for your pro right? I don't think you will be disappointed at all because I'm still lovin' my pro A LOT even after 2 months of ownership. Great game!
Rob

Haha. I really just came to that strategy idea today. Played a pro on location near me all day. I don't have my pro yet.
I'm still looking at mid January.

#703 8 years ago

What about this? Does anyone know how many names are on Arya's list in stark mode?

#708 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

75m * 25 = 1.875b.

Don't think it's possible to run stark mode with 25x going. Would love to see that on video. I just don't think 5x playfield runs long enough to get that done. Even without missing a shot. But 75 million is the base max value of stark mode?

#710 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's pretty easy to get to the game of thrones iron throne.

I was trying to get Iron Throne all day yesterday and didn't even come close, haha. Also, have you gotten iron throne as Greyjoy? I think that will be really tough to do. I couldn't even get close to Hand of the King using Greyjoy as my house.

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I couldn't get close using any other house.

I recommend concentrating on houses Baratheon Martel stark and Lannister to get you to hand of the King. Also try and play Lannister during multiball and stack Martel and Baratheon together as they have very similar shots. Stark is easy to play on its own and complete.

#714 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Oh, not that I've done it. As far as the combo part is concerned, Greyjoy helps in that aspect since you're forced to hit loops and ramps before you even think about cashing out. I have actually done a 375m cashout that way (1x playfield, 5x combo).

this is basically what I was getting at. If you pick tyrell, the power lets you use the inlanes to light all shots for combo multipliers. So, if you start the stark mode, hit the lit inlane, then hit the center ramp, and on the return switch your lit inlane back to the right, each time to pass through the lit inlane, the center ramp will relight for combo multiplier. So you can do this 375m cashout of stark much easier if using Tyrell as your house. I am thinking that you can even get a 2x playfield as well, but that might be pushing it. Would be pretty sweet to cash in a 750 million mode though haha.

#716 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I think the highest cash out I've made on Stark was around 350M. I do recall playing as Tyrell and playing Stark mode. It felt like a strange cadence with the right flipper button. Shoot shot, which moves lit inlane to the wrong side, so hit right flipper button again, then make shot. Repeat. So right right, right right, right right. Just felt weird.

yeah agreed. I had the same feeling. I think tyrell can be a great house for strategy if you are on point. Essentially you could have 5x multipliers going at almost all times, if you keep the ball moving. Not to mention if you get 5x field running, then string together some combos during a mode. Holy mega points batman.

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I got to Iron Throne last night as Greyjoy on a location pro

Dang, that is impressive. what was the final score you had for that game? Also, what does the game do after completing Iron Throne? Do you just start the whole game over again?

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

GoT has one of the easiest to reach wizard modes of any recently released stern in my opinion.

I agree that hand of the king is easy to reach if Greyjoy is not your house, but I don't think that is really a wizard mode. More of a mini wizard mode, with Iron Throne being the one true wizard mode in the game. However, if you are getting HOTK with regularity and playing as Greyjoy, that is impressive as I wasn't able to get more than a couple houses complete as GJ.

#722 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm talking about iron throne not hand of the King. I get to hand of the king about 25% of the time on grey joy. Hotk is much easier to reach than, for example, kobiyashi maru.

Okay I see what you are saying. So, what happens after Iron Throne is over? Is it like ST and the modes start over but are different than the first time you went through them? Would be cool if another wizard mode was made once your house had the Iron Throne and your house defended the Throne against every other house.

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

Has there been any word for when the pros will come back in stock?

Mid January. I ordered mine back in November. Still no game. Confirmed mid January with Tilt in OH.

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Putting us to sleep...let's go already!

You're telling me buddy. Haha. My first NIB too. It's safe to say I was ready to pick this up the day after I paid for it! Haha. Oh well.

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never had to wait more than a couple days with Trent. Crap I ordered mine in December so I wonder how many are ahead of me. Lots of waiting it seems.

Everyone I know local to me gets all theirs from him and they said the same thing. I really think this was a fluke one off situation for him and some other distros.

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I don't think it's at the distro level. It is at Stern. Gary owned up to it, and hopefully they can get it under control soon.

For sure. I didn't mean it that way. Just saying certain distros' shipments were caught in the delays at stern. Tilt was one apparently.

#741 8 years ago

It seems like right now people are almost getting IT a lot, but rarely getting there. I think they could easily add some extra objectives to get there, or have a final wizard mode if you complete IT, WHC, BW multiball, and Battle the Wall MB

#745 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Has anybody figerd out what time the secert multiball ball goes off ?

Midnight I believe. I think I saw someone mentioned what happens in another thread but I quickly put hen on ignore so I couldn't read their details of what happens during it. Haha

#752 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

So max value is 75M on Arya's enemies ramp shots - then you cash out at orbit (l or r). So with 5x playfield and 5x multipliers (25x combined) a theoretical 1.875 Billion shot is available. Not sure if you are Tyrell if you can get 6x combo and thus a 30x combined, which would be 2.25 Billion on a single shot
Can someone do this on purpose and record it? we tried but only could get 900M (12x combined)

I just don't think the playfield x timer is long enough to get this done. You would have to get 4x going before the mode, start the mode. then get a 4-5 mode shots in before your 4x ran out, then hit ram until 5x, also before losing your combo x, and go back to mode shots to max out and finish before the 5x playfield ran out. This would be a truly impressive feat.

For anyone that thinks this game is too easy, I say we make an uber Wizard checklist:

1. Get over 2 billion on Stark House battle.

More to come after I get my game and I can really sink my teeth into it.

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hope you have a good dentist.

I do. Never had one cavity. I hope my GOT isn't made of sugar.

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like they found the pin. Will find out for sure tomorrow hopefully. Lol

Glad to hear it dude!

#772 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Have you played both? Why did you decide to go with pro. Just curious

I can't speak for SKB, but I went Pro because when I played one all night I had so much fun I had to have one. When I looked into the price difference between the Pro and Prem, I couldn't justify it as I would rather just get another game. Had I only had one spot to fill, probably would've thought harder about a Prem/LE

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'm gonna ask my distributor that's for sure.

That or get the pyramid mod from Mezel. That looks pretty cool.

#803 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I agree; im really interested to see how the Prem/LE plays - the right ramp on the pro is HELLA FUN to hit. Not sure how the sword insert plays a role into the rules as ive only seen values of around 5-7 mil tops for it.

Collecting swords allows you to increase your playfield multipliers. If you don't collect any swords the max playfield multiplier you can get is 2x. Collect a sword it unlocks 3x, and so on.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

when you guys talk about pf multipliers, are you referring to the multipliers shown on the dmd or the 2x/3x/4x/5x pf insert multipliers?
I had the multipliers up to 10x on the dmd, not exactly sure how to increase them yet or how/when they reset back to 1x.

PF multipliers (inserts) come from hitting the battering ram. The ones you see on the dmd are the combo multipliers. Each time to make a shot that has a flashing red arrow, it increases the multiplier of every other shot in the game and vice versa. Those can get to 5x on their own. Then if you're at 5x playfield, your max shot value can be 25x.

#808 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Think i got it. Then, you use the sword insert to increase the potential of your multipliers and the battering ram to collect so to speak?

Right. So at the start of your game, the max PF multiplier you can get is 2x I believe so you can hit the ram 100x and it will never get past 2x. Beating a house lights sword. Collect the sword, now the next level of PF multiplier is unlocked. Also, when you have PF multipliers going, hitting the ram keeps them running like hitting the bell I'm ACDC. So if you're about to lose them, hit the ram really quick to keep them going.

#816 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I'm getting the hang of it
image_(resized).jpeg
Factory settings except 3 tilt warnings instead of 2. Medium tilt.
Though, I'm not sure how to light iron throne. I was fighting I believe the 3rd dragon so I believe iron throne lights after beating all 3 dragons?
In either case, something I'd like to see in a future update is more effects and sounds when you get WIC mb.

Wow. Great score! I've only been able to muster a 1.5 billion score so far. So much fun! Thanks for the heads up on the shaker and sub. Those were my go to mods I wanted to get right off the bat. Is the sub easy to install too? I don't have any DMD games. This will be my first.

#818 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Super easy! get the polk audio sub thats plastered all over pinside; probably best to wait til its on sale so you can get it for like $70 or something. You will need some speaker wire and either 2 alligator clips (what i used) or solder the connection. But basically run your speaker wire from the sub through the back of the bottom part of the pin through one of the opening and through the air vent shield over to the sub speaker in the cabinet. There's 2 terminals, positive and negative. When youre looking at the terminals, the furthest one is your NEG (-) and the closer terminal to the coin box is the POS (+). Hook up your alligator clips accordingly then hook up your NEG & POS to the INPUT of the polk sub. Flip the sub to auto and adjust the volume to your liking. Its super easy. And the shaker was extremely easy to install, moreso than previous pre-drilled sterns. I got my shaker from Pinballlife - had easy to follow instructions to go with it. Be sure you buy the spike system shaker
Enjoy; i got 1+ bil 4 times last night all with house of baratheon LOL. Gotta dig into some of the other houses today

Baratheon is where I get most of my big scores too. Also greyjoy can be massive if your completing your modes efficiently and comboing shots effectively.

#828 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not standard ramps then orbit cash out?

Nope. Make sure and get rid of all the purple shots before cashing it out. Pretty sure hitting the orbits before getting all the purple shots just increases the jackpot buildup.

#830 8 years ago

Dude. Stay with Tyrell and see how big you can cash out stark mode for. We you're mission is over 1 billion from stark alone, should you choose to accept it.

#833 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wow good idea. Maybe try and build a 3, 4, or even 5X multiplier first?!

I've been wondering how deep down the rabbit hole you can go with that for a while.

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hey...
is this real? ? ! ? ?
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_6.00.51_PM_(resized).png

Yep.

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Am I missing something here? Latest code on Stern's site is 1.02.

LE code is 1.02. 1.18 is Pro.

#880 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

How long are the ball times? Is GOT just a high scoring game due to code, or do long ball times contribute to billion-plus scores?
I'm asking because I'm still considering options for my next game and I'm not interested in LOTR type gameplay. GOT seems like a ton of fun.

I would say that a 1-2 billion game takes less than 10 minutes if playing alone. Can't speak to some of the 10+ billion scores as I haven't even come close to that yet.

#897 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've tried, and want to accomplish one day, going with Tyrell; then, complete Targaryan before HOTK as Targaryan increases all base value shots during HOTK. I wonder if the reward is worth the risk.
Speaking of Tyrell, I haven't quite followed, what exactly do the inlanes do? Do they just boost the starting combo to 3x? Or does it do more? (Hard to read dmd when the game is so fast lol).

Pretty sure it always lights every shot for multipliers and increases every multiplier by one.

#931 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I got the sub hooked up and bass at +105 and volume cranking since wife and kids are outside. Wife comes into the room to grab a soda and says, "wow! That's really loud". All I could say was "thanks!" And think about this in the back of my mind....
» YouTube video

"Hey Mike." Haha

#942 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Reading all the feedback on here about GOT's rules is making me want to buy a premium User "cornycrunch" mentioned something about "Targaryen III". Does that mean that the modes have different levels to them such as those in Star Trek?
Also, does the ruleset in GOT make you work the entire playfield in a similar way as Keith Johnson's rules in LOTR? I tend to prefer objective based games and Keith's ruleset for LOTR offers one of the best. When I saw work the playfield I mean are there modes that require a certain number of shots to be hit in sequence and incorporate the mini playfield?

No to the first question. The Targaryean mode have three levels to it (maybe four) to just complete that mode once. All the other modes just have one level right now. There are some modes that are similar, but for the most part they utilize all the shots in the game. If you have the prem/LE from what I understand is that each mode uses the upper playfield too.

#945 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome. Thanks for the info guys. The Targaryean mode sounds like a fun and deep mode.
Is the button on the lockdown integrated fairly well at this point?

I really don't think it is. The main use is he iron bank which, long story short, is pretty stupid. Basically you hit the button before you drain to cash it in for minimal points. No strategy what so ever.

Also another cool thing is if you choose greyjoy as your house all the modes play different and require more shots. This adds another level of depth to the game.

Excited to see where this game is at next year. Promising start and Dwight seems committed to getting this to be one of the recent greats.

#949 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I didn't know that about the Greyjoy mode, that's a pretty slick feature. Does selecting any of the other houses change the rules?

The others just have different advantages to picking them, but all the modes play the same with the other houses.

#952 8 years ago

Yeah I know that you can do that too, but it also resets all your multipliers. Getting 40 million for the iron bank, or 100s of millions by staying with your multiplied MB shots. Even if you drain out of MB and are back to single ball play, it's still not good to hit the button cause you can just start another mode and if you're still running 5x playfield, those shots are going to be worth way more than cashing in the iron bank. If the button didn't reset the multipliers, I would agree, but I still don't think it's worth it.

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Pro vs. Premium/LE thoughts on game play etc. Strongly considering purchasing. Only played the pro and loved it.

Then get one! I'm sure you would like the Prem/LE just as much if not more so it comes down to whether you want to spend the extra money. You can always get a prem/LE later if you decide you would rather have one of those.

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Chuck, are still waiting on yours also?

Yup. Fingers crossed I get good news this week.

#962 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

They haven't in the past that I've seen. However, it would only make sense to fix the issue for the pins they are making now to ship out. I mean it negatively affects flow and the pin was designed by SR. It should have a smooth loop...

As far as the fix for pins already shipped it looked like a PIA to do. Am I wrong about that?

Definitely looks like a PIA to do. I'm just curious if the top lanes are really causing the issue since the Pro is not having those issues.

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Which theme do you like better? I had ST Pro and really enjoyed it, but not a big fan of the theme and sold it. Picked up GOT Pro instead.

Agree. Comes down to theme for me. GOT wins.

#980 8 years ago

Yeah I agree on the use of GOT for league/tournament play. I think it can be set up to play faster. I want it to stay in tournament banks though because there are a lot of different ways you can score big on it and I think it could be a great tournament game.

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

On that particular game I was playing as Tyrell.

Nice work. This is the house I think can really blow the game up if you're concentrating on making consecutive shots and ranking up multipliers.

#986 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You hit the nail on the head. Pitch the game a little higher move I lanes to wide open and you shouldn't have too many problems. Still not a short ball time pin but pitched high those targets will drain missed shots very fast.

For sure. There is one at a bar near me that has long ass ball times. Then there is one we have used for multiple tournaments that punishes you every time you miss. Literally every time.

#992 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

FYI, I backhand that dragon shot regularly. And the video mode can now be disabled in the game menus so you don't have to skip it.

Are you making that backhand from a trap? If so, can you post a quick video of it? Would love to learn that.

#993 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I need to verify but I don't think the Tyrell inlane progressively increments the combo multipliers. Sometimes a sound is hears when it rolls over the lit inlane and sometimes it doesnt. I think the times it does it starts the multipliers at 3x. And the times it doesn't no effect is taken. Need to confirm this.
And to my post above. Forgot about tyrell, I'm sure that's a popular choice too for competition.

Ahh. That would make sense, but I haven't been able to really see what Tyrell does yet. That would definitely make it less valuable then.

#996 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yes

No. There's no way I can film this while playing. Just trap the ball and try the shot a few times.

I have a lot. I have only been able to do it on the fly. I'm guessing the spot target on the right side of the entrance is sitting a little to the side because the closest I can get is for it to rattle in the entrance but not make it all the way up the shot.

#998 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Maybe bend the target out of the way?

Sorry only been able to play on location so far, but I plan to do just that when mine arrives at home.

#1005 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I didn't even notice there were lights back there for the lanes until quite a few games in and I thought it was ridiculous once I saw them. Not a big deal, but could've been handled like WOZ with more visible lights.

I have never played a LE, but those lanes are very important for getting to one of the main Multiballs. Hopefully a mod gets made to see those easier.

#1011 8 years ago

Holy moly. Believe it or not I just beat Targaryean house on a location Pro for the first time. That last level of the mode is ridiculous. You seriously have to hit like 15-20 shots to complete that last level. I was like, "fuck you khaleesi, die already!"

Haha

#1015 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Whos ordering the topper ? I knows its expensive but i bit the bullet and orderd

I'm not too much of a topper guy, but this being interactive is tempting. I will wait a while to get some more opinions.

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You better stop kicking that games ass - you will be bored with yours before you even open it!

Haha I can't help it dude. Believe me, it takes me forever to get bored of a game. I still play Fire! Every day and that game is questionable at best.

#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I LOVE FIRE, one of my favs actually. those two long ass ramp target hits were just so much fun to me.

Agreed. They are so tough but satisfying. Just sucks they have no purpose except for extra balls.

#1034 8 years ago

I really do think GOT is gonna stand the test of time even with the uber elite players. Ive played it a lot already and I am still seeing new possible scoring strategies. Very fun to analyze each house and what they bring to the table. Once I get mine, I'm really going dive into each house. Also, if I ever get iron throne I'll be surprised just from the shear difficulty of completing Targaryean house.

#1036 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But for sure I was having trouble hitting the ram with left flipper, didn't really bother me though.

I do think it's frustrating that the ram doesn't always register when you hit it, but I think it's just a different type of bash toy. I don't think it should register every time. Should have to nail that sucker.

#1040 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Have been playing a pro on location and have grown to really enjoy the game. Actually started watching the show because of the pin and have binged the first two seasons this past week.

Hell yeah dude!! The stark mode in the pin is super badass once you've seen all the shows.

#1056 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One of the things that's bumping me on GOT - the rules don't seem intuitive. I'm pretty good at picking up rules and nuance...but when the game asks me if I want to battle one house, two houses, or pass...how am I supposed to know what the point of those choices are? I'm just like "whatever" and slap the button.

I think you first need to learn what each house mode requires to beat it. Selecting two houses to play at once do not change the shots to complete either house. They just run simultaneously. So if I stack two houses I try to do two houses that require similar shots to complete. Martell and Baratheon, stark and Tyrell, Lannister and greyjoy. I rarely pass because even if you play one mode at a time, you can get big points from the mode of you're making calculated shots.

#1062 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually try to light all the houses first and get BFTW multiball lined up.

See this is why I love his game. What you said here and what SKB mentioned in his response above. I hadn't even considered do those strategies. Pretty badass how many different ways you can attack this game.

#1068 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

Did you get your game yet????

Distro said end of this month.

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

how to complete targaryen?

It has three different stages. One for each dragon. The first stage you have to hit three shots and then the dragon shot to complete. To start the second stage you have to hit the center ramp again. Rinse and repeat for the next two stages but it just takes a lot more shots to complete stage 2, and even more for stage three. Stage three takes around 20 shots to complete.

#1080 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

go to melissa at cointaker. way better customer service, more professional type layout

I am sure cointaker is a great distro, but I am perfectly happy with the service I am getting. Stern encountered delays, nothing my distro can do about it. Plus I like to help support businesses as local to me as possible if I can.

#1083 8 years ago

Thanks. What is The best way to succeed? Alone? With battle? With blackwater multiball? I think it re-starts where you have lost The ball, correct?

I really have only tried to complete the mode during one sesh. That day I was playing it alone so I would know exactly what I was shooting for. The third stage is so long that I would recommend getting to the third mode and completing at least the first wave of shots. then once the dragon shot is lit, start MB. then during MB you will naturally pick off a lot more of the shots. I can see a long enough BW MB getting you through the last level of the house.

The multipliers on the display correspond to each major shot in the game (left loop, kickback, center ramp, right ramp, right loop). each time you make a shot, all other shots should be lit for 2x as long as the red arrows on the playfield are flashing (these are called combo multipliers). for each shot you hit with a flashing red arrow, the remaining shots' multipliers should increase by one. if at any point the red arrows go out without you hitting one, your multipliers go back to 1x.

Now, if you have any playfield multipliers running as well, all you shot multipliers on the DMD will be multiplied by that amount as well. So lets say you have 2x playfield multiplier running, and you have 2x from your combo multipliers going too. those DMD multipliers will all say 4x so if you hit any of the main shots, whatever that shot awards you, it will be multiplied by 4.

#1085 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

it showed the dragon shot combo multiplier at 20X!

Here is where I get confused. Is there a limit to the combo multipliers? I thought I read that 5x combo multipliers is it, and 5x playfield is it, for a maximum multiplied shot of 25x. Could totally be wrong. These are the mysteries I plan to unfold when I get it home, haha.

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Why did I miss that shot!!

Shouldn't have looked up, haha. Should've just nailed it and have no idea why your score jump an insane amount. haha.

#1089 8 years ago

I already saw 6x on The dmd.
So theses multipliers are time limited, as long as you succeed to keep red arrows lit.
I need to pratice to see your explanations.
Thanks

All multipliers are timed. If you keep hitting red arrows and never let those flashing red arrows go out, you will essentially keep most if not all the main shots multiplied by 5. Now to keep the playfield multipliers going you have to keep hitting the ram shot like the bell in ACDC. So I would be really hard to keep a 25x shot available for very long.

#1091 8 years ago

I suppose it's show Time during MB.
So i have dreamed my 6x?

Nope. You probably had 2x playfield and 3x combo multipliers for a combined 6x.

#1098 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I am so jealous of you guys/girls that have GOT pins!

Me too.

#1100 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I'm understanding the rules right, the max you can get the combo multiplier to is 5x and the max the pf multiplier can get to is 5x. But my original assessment of house Tyrell was wrong and that the HOTK inlane can bump the combo multiplier by 1x if available from collecting the swords. Additionally, HOTK mb gives the inlane boost to all houses so during that mode, you can build it to 6x with any house. Then add the pf multiplier and you can get shots as high as 30x!! That sound about right?

Oh cool. I was wondering if the HOTK could push it to 6x. Nice!

#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

What size fans are these? The fan noise drives me nuts when not in play.

Don't get a Xbox then. Haha

#1136 8 years ago

Fantastic idea. My nine year old would be all over that. I wonder which house she is going to pick?

#1174 8 years ago

I bought PL shaker. Need a sub still. I those are the must haves. I won't think about upgrading the sound until I can hear the stock speaker with a sub.

This def needs to be the official club thread.

#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Who's doing the code on this game?

Dwight Sullivan.

#1200 8 years ago

Does beating Targaryean with greyjoy as your house give you anything? IMO, it should give you Unlimited ZJs for the rest of the game it's so hard.

I got to HOTK using greyjoy last night on location. I was pretty proud of that. Although I think even with the add a ball, I drained out wicked fast.

#1214 8 years ago

Just got winter has come for the first time. I feel like I had 6 balls going for like 2 mins and my score for the mode was like 30 mil. Haha. Gonna def pay more attention to the mode next time.

#1222 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

On the Prem/LE the top rollovers do not advance to wall, only on the pro.

Correct. The white walker kickback advances wall on prem LE I believe.

#1254 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So had a game today where I was rolling the 4x and 5x pf multiplier with blackwater SJP lit and nailing the ram left and right! Score from that bw mb alone was 1.3 bil! Good times.

Nice work! Did you have PF multipliers going before the MB started, or did you go after them during MB?

#1274 8 years ago

My GOT Pro is expected to land at trents tomorrow! Hoping to pick up Wednesday or Thursday baby! My first new game, and I'm a tad bit pumped for this. Also I have never seen Trent's operation. Excited to see that as well.

#1276 8 years ago

What code version are you running? I think a previous version messed up the skill shot. Should register every time you go through the lit lane. Just like IM.

#1279 8 years ago

Hmm. Maybe update to 1.22 and see if that helps. I think when I saw that issue the game was on 1.19

#1312 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I'm lost here. My plunger shots go into the elevator. There is an actual skill shot using the plunger? I always just hit the action button because I thought there wasn't a skill shot.

We are talking about the Pro. No skill shot on LE or Prem

#1314 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up chuckwurt.

Sure thing. Hopefully they add one to the Prem/LE and hopefully a super skill for each. Like a really hard super skill shot.

#1316 8 years ago

I prefer the elevator upper play field shot every time to build on my CMB, but I will sometimes plunge into pops to collect some points then drain before auto saver goes off to auto launch to upper play field

But what if there was a super skill shot that was not only lucrative, but really challenging?

#1320 8 years ago

skill shot could be a rotating target shot on upper play field....

That's a good idea. With a really short timer to make it harder.

#1338 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I like the new location but only because I have a 3 year old

I have all mine hooked up to a remote that is on the wall. Each game has their own switch.

#1346 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I played a Pro in location. It was a complete wall-to-wall dimple-fest. I actually thought at first it was just a really bad orange-peal type effect from the CC process. Seems like these dimples, compounded with many more layers of dimples could actually cause the CC to fail over time.
Maybe the CC was not fully cured before this copy was released to the location? My ~20yr old JP has a bazillion plays, but beyond the normal swirls and scratches, not a single dimple.

Actually your JP has become one giant dimple. That's why you cannot see any. from my research, dimples on new games are unavoidable. Unless you go the playfield protector route like Cap mentioned.

#1370 8 years ago

If other Pro owners are looking for a club thread down the road for people discussing and sharing everything GOT pro, they probably won't find this thread.

Each time I get a new game I immediately come on here and get into the club thread for that game.

Is there a way to change this thread to be in the clubs sub forum?

#1372 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I can change them title no problem
But we have to ask a mod to move it's sub forum.
What do you want the title changed to?

GOT is the cat's pajamas.

#1378 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if stern would allow one side Lannister and one stark to match each side?

#1380 8 years ago

Yeah I'm sure they won't let me get one of each, so I'd probably go stark too.

#1382 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just throwing it on to throw it on eh?

Haha. I think either way it would look good, but having armor to match the house would look best.

#1397 8 years ago

T-minus 6 hours sir until I should be at home with that sucker set up. Leaving work in 30 to go see Trent.

#1399 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

Paging Mr. Wurt... A Mr. Chuckwurt. Is there a new Got machine at your place yet?

Also, this post reminded me of this. hahaha

And yes, All weekend (I have to work tomorrow for a bit, though). We punted on a super bowl party we were going to attend so we can play it all day and night Sunday.

#1413 8 years ago

Boom baby!!! Can't believe I got a new game!! Hahaimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1416 8 years ago

Hey guys, after playing for an hour or so last night I noticed that my ram was having trouble traveling on its track smoothly, even with square straight on hits from the right flipper.

Please note I set my game up really steep, so I'm wondering it that has a hand in it. Also, I noted that I was sometimes getting credit for two ram hits after only one physical hit. I would hit the ram once but the code would register two hits back to back.

I'm running 1.21, and this game is amazing.

#1418 8 years ago

Thanks brother. You're welcome to come play at my house any time. Might have a get together later this month with local pinheads. I'll let you know.

#1420 8 years ago

No worries. Maybe next time. Thanks again for your service and all the help you're giving us here.

#1422 8 years ago

Let's just say I was up about 3-4 hours later than I should've been. Haha

#1432 8 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

$85. A bit steep but worth it. Just hit HOTK for first time and landed a 1.7 billion score. Blades are staying!

Nice dude! Looks like those blades are good luck!

#1433 8 years ago

Is there a way to prop the playfield up more vertical like classic games so I can take a look at my ram mech?

#1446 8 years ago

Also, I was able to fix my battering ram issue. The switch registering twice for each hit was a switch adjustment. The travel of the ram itself was fixed by taking it apart, loosening the screws that screwed the axels to the ram mech just a bit, dropped a tiny bit of zoom oil on each axel, and also on the ram feet that go through the playfield and also on the sled that attaches to the bottom of the playfield. Also, when reattaching the sled the underside of the playfield, I didn't screw it in so tight. It was really tight from the factory.

Smooth as butter now.

#1450 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Thanks, you've inspired me to look at my ram as well. I was hoping it would work itself out over time but, I have missed many awards from it not registering so I am going to look into that tonight. The rest of my game is now working well. Right flipper adjustment was in the switches and the code took care of a couple small bugs. Pretty amazing game.

Not hard at all to get the ram off the game to inspect. My rams wheels were not spinning freely if I flicked them with my finger. They were binding a bit. I think mostly from over tightening the axels. Once I got them moving freely I was good to go. Now shots from the left flipper, right flipper, shots that graze the ram from richocets, and shots that don't hit the ram dead on are knocking the ram up there to hit the target.

#1452 8 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I like my ram right where it is. I have to get a pretty solid shot on it but I think that is intended.

Agreed. But mine wasn't budging from a full force straight on shot from the right flipper. No way that's intended. Now mine is working like the 3 other GOTs I've played.

#1454 8 years ago

Midnight madness is Hilarious. Nuff said.

#1457 8 years ago

Hey guys. I wanted to tackle WHC multiball today. What's the best way to get to that if that's my only goal?

#1460 8 years ago

Just got to WHC pretty easily. If you pass on each battle unless you're about to start MB, you can get there quickly. Complete the hurry ups for GJ, Lan, Stark, and Martell and you're there. Those are the safest WIC hurry ups to shoot for IMO.

#1462 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So I backhanded the dragon shot yesterday for the first time......then I did it again in the same game! Ball on the fly both times, I don't think it's possible from a cradle.

I've done it twice from a cradle. You literally have to hit it perfectly. Zero room to miss it at all. I've been doing on the fly more and more.

One thing I found this morning is hitting the drops from the right flipper usually had a safe carrum to the Tyrell targets. Good way to double dip there.

#1472 8 years ago

Agreed. Seems like a lot of clips with no sound associated with them.

#1474 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's like when you stack some shit and then start Wall MB and feeling a little pumped as the horn goes off 2 times...and then 7 seconds of silence.

Or when you hit the first Martel shot and you're all jacked up after hearing "I demand a trial by combat", then the next two hits are tiny video clips of people standing around saying nothing to each other. Waah waah. Haha

#1477 8 years ago

Eyes gouged out has to be one of the worst ways to go.

#1480 8 years ago

If the shots to start the mode had longer clips with more speech/sounds, I am okay with how the sounds/clips are once in the mode even if they don't tell the whole story.

#1484 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

None of that bothers me! I guess I'm glad I don't watch the show.

Actually you should be really really sad you don't watch the show.

#1488 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

Actually I've seen the first season so it's not completely true. I will eventually get around to watching the rest.

It's best to binge watch it. It's easier to follow. Lots of names and situations to remember.

#1497 8 years ago

Martel is hit 3 orbits then a ramp to win

Only need to hit the orbit shots. Let it time out after that and you will still beat the house.

Tyrell starts with the ramps then goes to the green stand ups. Have to do the cycle 4 times I believe.

The rest you have it correct.

#1500 8 years ago

Guys! Always pass on houses until you lock two balls then on third ball locked select two houses to complete at same time

This isn't always the case but definitely a good rule of thumb.

Take for instance, if you are Tyrell house and you just got done completely a couple houses and you're now at your max multipliers level, start stark mode in its own, and just keep looping the center shot and getting the HOTK inlane before the next center shot. Then when you cash in the jackpot with a loop shot, you can have up to 750 million from that one mode.

#1501 8 years ago

I'm only talking on a Pro btw.

#1502 8 years ago

Hey cap, how does the upper playfield come into play for each mode? I'm going to be playing GOTLE in the KY SCS and need to make sure I understand how to complete modes on one.

#1504 8 years ago

There is no castle multiball on the Pro.

#1506 8 years ago

Haha. Never giving up my Pro. Looking forward to playing an LE though.

#1510 8 years ago

Also battle for the wall multiball. I hit the kickback to advance that right? For each hit to the kickback does it advance by one?

#1515 8 years ago

Yeah. That shot on the pro has a ton going on (mystery, EB, wall MB start, targaryen mode shots). Tough shot for me, so I guess I'll go after it if I have played the other MBs already.

Also, Baratheon may actually be a viable choice as a house on the prem and LE

#1517 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh I guess you were talking aboot Prem/LE rules.

Yeah I have to compete on one this weekend and wanted to be clear on some of the differences.

#1519 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So funny when I first played the LE I ripped through around 10 top lane completions..."wow it's really tough to get wall MB on the LE!"

Good start to your bonus X though. Haha

#1522 8 years ago

WHC MB is so badass. Cannot wait to get back to that mode.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1525 8 years ago

So on the pro can you add time to the modes like you can on the pre/LE.

The only way I have seen it add time is from a random pop bumper award on the Pro.

#1531 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

My rule of thumb is to get Lannister and Greyjoy lit before the first BW multiball. Always start it with those two. Kill 3 birds with one shot. Treat that multiball as if you were just playing Greyjoy's mode.
Stark - I almost always play it on its own so I can concentrate on maxing it out.
Get Targaryen lit early to get it out of the way. Always try to stack one level of it with any other house (except Stark as noted above). It's a grind, so you might as well run it parallel to your other houses if possible. Targaryen III with multiball is SWEET. I do believe you get leeway if one of those shots times out too. Helped immensely in reaching Iron Throne.

I have approached my GOT pro in this exact same way.

#1534 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Hmm. I don't recall needing to set this on on Premium, either initially or after the v1.22 update. Only thing I needed to set and then reset was FreePlay.

Maybe they assume noobs are playing the Pro and seasoned vets are playing the prem/LE

#1550 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Reading all this I have a feeling pro is the way to go on this one?

Play them both for yourself and find out. They seem to be very different so it would be hard for any of us early adopters to give a totally unbiased review as I'm sure no one bought a Pro and a Prem.

#1552 8 years ago

GOT? simply the best combo's game..."fast and furious"

You may be right. Although DM is still my fav. Too early to tell, but this game is so much fun and I'm thinking strategy the WHOLE time I'm playing.

#1554 8 years ago

I used zoom oil. Only took like one drop on each ram leg.

#1566 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One other thing I should mention about the PREM, when the ball is trapped on the right flipper, there's no easy fast way to get it to the left if you need to make a right orbit shot.

Post passing is pretty effective haha.

#1571 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

If you're not already a Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast listener, I covered a little bit of the strategy for GOT in episode 216. It's toward the end of the episode. So if you don't have time to read this whole thread, listen to that segment.
Granted, with limited time, we couldn't get into a lot of the details. But I hope you guys enjoy.

Nice tips. I liked your comments on what to do for going for high score and what to do during match play. Thanks for sharing.

#1584 8 years ago

Also, I just realized that on default settings, collecting 2 swords will unlock all multipliers. I think if its on extra hard you need to collect 4 swords to get to max multipliers.

#1589 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What raises Winter is coming hurry ups starting value?

Being house stark, or by getting mystery awards or pop bumper awards are the only way I know of.

#1601 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

It's a cool effect, but I'd say getting your normal playfield lighting back is reason enough *to* rush the hurryups.

Don't start them. Just get them close and like SKB said, wait until you're riding some sweet multipliers then cash them in.

#1611 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. Maybe a better option would be to beef some of the other houses and/or randomize the house that all players play in competition mode.

My idea to beef up Lannister is the iron bank. Hitting gold targets and making combos increases your iron bank total. But when your ready to cash in your iron bank, it does NOT reset all your multipliers.

The only think they need to change about greyjoy is making Martel harder to complete. Right now it takes three shots and that's it.

#1613 8 years ago

Every playfield ever made did that. It from a steel ball pounding into it over and over again. The reason why you don't see it in older games is because that wood has been pounded down flat. So imagine one big dimple instead of all the tiny ones you see on your new GOT

#1625 8 years ago

have the 3rd dragon lit in house Targaryen and another house lit, start both houses with the center ramp...and start either HOTK MB or TW MB.

Did you mean BW MB? Didn't think you could bring any modes into HOTK?

#1628 8 years ago

I stand corrected sir.

Haha okay. I was like man I didn't think to have house ready to play when going into HOTK. That would be cool to help get you closer to IT. It's gonna take me forever to get to IT I think.

#1630 8 years ago

I had IT lit one time...and then proceeded to brick the 2 standup targets surrounding the center ramp trying to start the mode.
seriously?

Sounds like me but I do it when trying to start a mode. Haha. Also, I struggle to hit the Martel loop consistently. I am much worse at shots on the right of the playfield, than shots on the left of the playfield.

#1633 8 years ago

I also hear "when you sit on the Iron Throne, the truth is what you make it". Awesome.

#1636 8 years ago

I assumed it was the amount of the highest WIC hurry up collected.

#1642 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I'm going to speculate that you do get better options, but this is only from observation when I pick Greyjoy, since Lannister is usually among the first modes I complete.
Of course, you may just be getting better options since you usually have more gold.

As far as I have seen (played about 20 games with lannister house), you only get more gold to start and for each gold target you collect. No changes in the awards in mystery that are available to you. like you said, just have better choices as the choices are based off the amount of gold you have available to spend.

#1653 8 years ago

My first competitive game on GoT was won by me boys!! Second round KY SCS here I come.

#1659 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I need to try the Pro. I spent 2.5 - 3hrs on an LE at Zanzabar yesterday and I'm in love. I'm just trying to decide what I would/should sell to get one.

Literally come by anytime you want to try mine out to help you decide.

#1660 8 years ago

Also, speaker light kits rock.

#1663 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

See you at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow night.

Haha. We are gonna have to play with the sounds low but sounds good.

#1684 8 years ago

next time wait to review a game until you've played the hell out of it. Why the hell would you rate a game that you've only played 3-4 times? Might as well just look at the game and then rate it. One of the many reason why I haven't looked at the top 100 listing pretty much since I started using pinside.

#1696 8 years ago

The dimple discussion has run its course IMO. Continue it here if you must.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#1706 8 years ago

I'm sure stern will send you the new ones they're sending out now. My game has the metal plate on it and mezel mods make a protective cover for it too.

#1709 8 years ago

This has to be high in the running for worst game ever when completing 6 houses,2 EB, two BWMBs, WHC MB, HOTK, and BFTW MB. Haha. Wow. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1713 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ha Ha! How'd you do that?

Very carefully. I'm like a surgeon avoiding those points.

Oh and I was house Lannister. Those assholes are always screwing people over in the show and in this game. Haha

#1714 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Man, that translite looks good...what were you saying, Chuck?

Thanks dude. Pics don't do it justice.

#1717 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So here's why I love the pro. I had 4x(then 5x) pf going during HOTK, I got to the stark bonus round with two balls and with the right flipper I was hitting center ramp shots while my left flipper was hitting right ramp shots over and over. Must have hit 4 or 5 each. Ended with just over 3 bil in HOTK alone. It was a wicked feeling alternating those ramps during the bonus round!

Nice!!! Can't wait till I have that one where all my shots come together and I can have a monster HOTK.

#1721 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Got to love both time being over 5 billion+ in the middle of an epic game and the left slingshot spot light pops it's led out onto the playfield...
Sucks.

Mine shipped with brackets that hold the LED in. No issues here. I think the early ones didn't. I bet stern would send you some if you asked.

#1736 8 years ago

First hope that T-800 runs another batch of alternate translites.

Then get the speaker light kit and acrylics set from speakerlightkits.com

Then get a shaker motor and a powered sub

Plastic protectors for the slings and return lanes

Titan Competition rings (used clear on mine and it looks great) and replace the stock Stern rubbers.

Put all new shiny pinballs in there and ditch the stern ones.

That's all the stuff I got for my game. Don't think there is much else to consider. Maybe some mirror blades. I thought gold might look pretty good in this. Oh and the sticker for the sword metal plate that pinsider Beatmaster makes.

I am not a fan of stuff on the playfield/ramps, but there are options out there for that kind of stuff too. Enjoy!!

#1739 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Yep, running v1.23.

try it again with the glass off. I have tried to re-create this issue and never saw an issue. How exactly did you attempt to complete the final stage of Targaryen? What house did you choose at the start of the game? Can you complete targaryen house when choosing another house at the start of your game?

#1741 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I started with Baratheon and stepped thru them one at a time (not in combination). Greyjoy was 2nd to last. Targaryen was very last, but Iron Throne mode kicked-in before I completed. Would IT imply Targaryen was completed?
I may give it another go, attempting Taragryen earlier.

You cannot play IT without completing all houses, so yes you completed Targaryen and just didn't know it.

#1743 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

OK. Though the Targaryen house light never did not stop blinking. Maybe a bug?

possibly. I would expect that to light solid as well. I have never made it to IT, so not quite sure how it is supposed to behave when you get there. See what happens when you complete another house last. if that house light stays blinking, then made it is not a bug.

#1746 8 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

So I got my first plays on the premium last night. Thinking heavily about switching from TWD. Sorry if these questions have been answered before, but there's 1700 posts in this thread. I was wondering if some of you GoT premium owners would enlighten me?
1. That led light show, is the intensity/brightness adjustable?
2. How difficult is the upper playfield to service? Does it come off easily, or a pita?
3. What makes the dragons wings flap?

1. Yes. Check the feature settings in the game.
2. From what I hear very easy to take off.
3. A motor. Pro is just a solenoid I believe.

#1756 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

wanted to play midnight madness last night again and... nothing.
every other settings are fine except this one, clock doesn't remember the time.
i didn't do the update 1.23 yet, so maybe that could fix the problem

I've been running 1.23 and have played multiple MM MBs. Not sure what your issue could be.

#1757 8 years ago

Best combo ever?

Right loop
Right loop
Right ramp
Right ramp
Right loop
Right ramp
Lock targets to complete Tyrell house. Whoa baby

#1763 8 years ago

Ok well one reason why game of thrones doesn't kick ass is cleaning it. It gets dirty quick and it is nasty to strip it down.
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
I'm installing Titan competition rings so hopefully I won't be doing this again soon.

I'm at around 250 plays and mine still looks like it did day one. I put clear Titan competition silicone everywhere before I played a game.

#1775 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Id like to do the same to mine what kit did u buy ?

I bought the bulk kit so I could play around with sizes and also have extras.

#1801 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can get some Gold or chrome or maybe even a black chrome flipper bats?

#1804 8 years ago

Thanks! I might have to buy both and see how they look in the game. I am sure the set I don't use will look good in another game.

#1806 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

you cant go wrong with either if you get the side mirrors i have chrome it looks aussom

I was thinking of gold side mirrors. Whoa baby. That might put this guy over the top! haha

#1811 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yep I like V3 but when you download it downloads to a 8 X 11, both images. I have 4 X 6 photo paper so how do I separate and print each or I suppose I could find a 8 X 11 glossy type paper, where? Thanks!

Whenever I print these I just take the file to a kinkos or whatever and print and laminate there. They also have slicers to cut them down to size.

#1816 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Scoring and game play seemed identical. Is there a difference between the modes?

Curious about this too. Also, I didn't know that holding both flippers in does competition mode. Here are my guesses for the changes:

No extra balls in competition mode
No random mysteries. Everyone is presented with the same options if going in to mystery with the same amount of gold
The pop bumper awards are not random either.

#1820 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think we should confuse competition mode with tournament mode...of course I could be wrong.

If they are different, I am not sure how to start tournament mode on mine. I see were competition mode is, but don't remember seeing tournament mode in the settings, so I assumed that is what competition mode was. I will test it tonight and see if I can tell the differences.

#1824 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

We use competition mode in league all the time. Doesn't affect extra balls or anything like that. It just de-randomizes any mystery type awards.

Is there a tournament mode? if that is turned on does it do both? Turn off EBs and de-randomize awards?

#1827 8 years ago

Posted this in the bug and code wish thread, but it's probably better served here:

Those of you that have been to IT multiple times, what route do you normally take? I was trying Tyrell, then play Tyrell mode right away to increase my multipliers. Then try and bring two of Lan, GJ, or Targaryen into multiball. Then pick off the other modes as they happen.

My new strategy with conquering targaryen has been to bring it into Multiballs. Especially the last wave.

#1829 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tyrell is for players for sure. I was doing that last night...tyrell first, GJ & Lan in MB, then dealing with Stark and maybe getting anopther 1 or 2 in Wall. I do find tyrell adds a bit of pressure for me, whcih it really shouldn't. Got to IT last night and ended up with a 5.6....I call this a victory as I had LITERALLY the lowest possible WHC...I think it was 20M...I don;t know WTF happened.
If Targarayn is there to take into MB I will...but I don;t find them super tough and like to do them on their own.

Yeah I guess I just find the targaryen house to be a grind so doing it on its own seems to take forever.

#1831 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Unless you're Greyjoy, you don't necessarily have to play Tyrell to "increase your multipliers", since you get that from the very start. But Tyrell is a pretty fun mode.

Agreed. Here is my thing with Tyrell though. I find it hard to hit both targets in my game, so if I don't pick Tyrell as my house I rarely ever light that battle.

#1838 8 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Any know of any guides/tutorials available for GoT? I'm coming from early 90s WPC games and having a tough time figuring out what to do and strategies. I'm only a dozen games in but all the different modes, figuring out when to battle or pass... Steep learning curve compared to my ToM

Go to the tilt forums website and search for one. I believe there is a public Google doc that gets updated all the time.

#1840 8 years ago

Holy shit. I gotta get home and play!

#1855 8 years ago

I think the mindset of just completing modes rather than maxing out their value is helping me. Getting HOTK regularly now.

#1882 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Anything is better than the stock one

Disagree. choices 2 and 3 of those eBay ones are absolutely dreadful.

#1885 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

So u dont like topless chicks ?

I don't like topless chicks on a pinball translite that's for sure. Looks turrible.

#1892 8 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I do like the one with the banners on eBay. Noob question here though, how do you replace them? Is it just stuck on the edges to the back glass and then you just re-stick the new one?

Noob here as my alt translite was my first swap. There is stock little clear sticky pieces that are in 8-10 spots around the translite that stick it to the glass. Remove those. Also the backglass is surrounded by those black plastic tracks that hold the translite to the glass. Just get rid of the sticky stuff after taking off the black trim, and then put the new translite on, black trim back on carefully, and you should be good to go!

#1896 8 years ago

has anyone drained on purpose on GOT yet? I was on ball 3 sitting on an extra ball with HOTK lit. I had already used my add a ball on that ball so I had to play HOTK naked. I drained on purpose, started it on my next ball and proceeded to have a 500 million HOTK when I normally only muster like 50-100 million.

#1902 8 years ago

Has anyone had their dragon kickback on the Pro poop the ball out the back? It was hilarious. I guess it opens up a bit right behind the pyramid and when the kickback engaged, the ball hopped over the ball guide and landed in the left orbit.

#1922 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody have any pictures of the pro with the plastic protectors that Pinball Life or Mezel sells? I like the green fluorescent protectors on MET and was thinking about getting some for my GOT. The pictures shown on PL's website are zoomed to close to the protectors and want to see a further shot to see how it enhances the lower playfield like MET. Thanks.

I have these (pinball life) on my GOT. I'll take some pics tonight.

#1926 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

One thing is annoying me a bit : the songs seems to be pretty much the same all the time. Main series theme but slower sometimes, faster other times, other instruments but same beat.

As someone who firmly believes that the score from Harold Faultermeyer in Fletch is an absolute masterpiece, I love the recurring theme in different speeds and tones.

#1932 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I have to be honest.....I really don't even notice the music. I'm to busy thinking about what I need to hit next and where I want to go from there. This game tends to keep me very focused. Unlike a game like say Getaway where there are only about three things to go for.

I agree except for when I am playing Baratheon Mode by itself and when I complete it, I always say the quote before the game can, "The night is dark, and full of terror." haha

#1937 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've heard 'em all like once or twice. I'm usually pounding super jackpots while listening to dub step on the ear buds!

If you're serious about the dub step that's awesome.

#1939 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh hell yeah. You'll see me in Louisville. I'll be the white haired guy with ear buds listening to Skrillex, Zomboy, Knife Party, etc. In league I refer to it as my "secret weapon".

Haha. Haven't heard of those last couple. I'll have to check them out. Skrillex is too harsh for me, but bassnecter will always hold a special place in my heart, and guys like mimosa, paper diamond, pantyraid,etc are great too.

#1941 8 years ago

Btw, I don't know what the hell I've been doing, but my GOT have been merciless recently. God it's been kicking my ass. Can't get anything going. Flipped the bird to my game more than once tonight. Haha.

#1952 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Nice! Those are the ones I ordered too. First time that I have all these mods before I even have the game in my possession. Should be here by Tuesday!

My bad. I forgot about posting pics. Those are the same ones I have.

#1954 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I've freed up some cash and I'm seriously considering GOT. My last stern purchase was STLE. I almost made the mistake of selling it before the code was finished. Thankfully I didn't and now it has become a staple pin in my collection. I feel like GOT is that kind of a pin.So do I get an LE or a Premium? There are a few LE's still out there. Not fond of the price but I like the artwork/colors better than the premium. Sitting on the fence sucks,someone help push me off.

Do you like the gameplay differences between the LE and Pro a lot more? If no, then maybe a Pro is what you want. But if the art kills it for you on the Pro, you might have to just pull the trigger on the LE.

#1959 8 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Considering purchasing this game. I played it, and it's probably one of the most exciting games I have ever played (especially in multiball mode), but I am wondering:
Why there is not a flipper on the right upper section of the main playfield? Seems it should be there at the curved ramp.
Any idea?

What would it shoot? If you put a flipper there it wouldn't make a single shot in the game. Not sure I follow.

#1977 8 years ago

Just buttoned up my GOT for the Louisville show this weekend and put it up in the garage (expecting rain the next two days and I have to walk it around my side yard) and I'm already jonesing bad. Haha. Almost to the point that I want to set it up in my garage and play until I go to the show. Haha.

#1991 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

just installed a led strip under the apron (amber) and a small red strip inside the pyramid.
much better.

apron_led_strip_(resized).JPGapron_led_strip2_(resized).JPGpyramid_leds_(resized).JPG

Nice! Ever since I got my speaker lights I cannot stop thinking about your great idea to link the action button light behavior to the speakers lights, undercab lights, and it would be cool to have the apron light behave that way too.

#1993 8 years ago

Awesome!! Welcome to the club!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
1,240 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.