550C621C-6C77-41A0-BBA6-66ED60975D9C (resized).jpeg
C4A0488E-6A62-489B-B09B-B668CBACEE3D (resized).jpeg
image000000 (resized).jpg
2DAD5F41-C082-406A-AB3F-C04A2E9E8257 (resized).jpeg
72ECA31F-14A3-4027-BD94-504A3CDCB383 (resized).jpeg
B84BCEA0-545A-49E4-A7D0-0F953D13E0DD (resized).jpeg
C5F894CA-E52E-4861-A6F6-3F59EEBC0777 (resized).jpeg
71DD6016-267A-4764-A866-7B7A2CF02A57 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 140.
#6951 70 days ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Any idea where to get the wall pieces???

Listed as out of stock on the website. But here is the pinside thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-mods-by-modfather

#6952 70 days ago

Congrats on the sweet new game, now do something about that out of place green start button...

2501f4b0f91655de3fe1146e3b6c05ce5e620b31 (resized).jpg

3918f2a7f5d8de2d11a7fe7d1ed6e8106b650fcc (resized).jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05353-3d-start-button-game-of-thrones

1 week later
#6954 53 days ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Thank you all!
Jediturtle Thanks for taking the time for the pics!
I will order the LED one... Now to learn the dang ruleset.. LOL I am lost so far!
I would love some custom side Rails!

I have had the LCD on dots XL for GOT for the past 3 years or so. My wife just bought me a LED display this past week so I put it in GOT so I could put the LCD in my Metallica. Although I still prefer the LCD to the LED for GOT it is not that much of a difference. You really can't go wrong with either choice. The LCD definitely looks better than the LED in Metallica.

3 weeks later
#6955 32 days ago

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition “This Castle Wall mod was a Limited Edition mod and is no longer being produced or available for sale. Price includes shipping to the lower 48 states. Game Of Thrones castle walls ...”
2022-05-30
Harpers Ferry, WV
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 121 times

2 weeks later
#6956 18 days ago

Hi guys, i got my eye on a prem, how does it last in a home setting? Is the game difficult to understand like Avengers with all the gems and so on. It looks stunning and I love the theme but does it have enough to own long term? Thanks

#6957 18 days ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Hi guys, i got my eye on a prem, how does it last in a home setting? Is the game difficult to understand like Avengers with all the gems and so on. It looks stunning and I love the theme but does it have enough to own long term? Thanks

Absolutely! I have had mine over 3 years, and it's still fun. It's not the easiest game, but is digestible. The objectives are easy, but comes down to specific strategies depending on which house you select. If you are goal oriented, you can set score targets with each house, beat Iron Throne with each house, etc. So it really gives you 7 times the playability because each one is a slightly different strategy and order of operations to truly maximize. The mini-wizard modes are fun and are on the high score reel, so gives you some "side quests" to go for along the way.

#6958 18 days ago
Quoted from dutchi:

I agree 100% with what was said above. I have a pro and have had it over 4 years now. The rules are deep enough to keep you playing, but not to complicated to understand after a little bit playing the game. I appreciate its shoot the flashing shot process. As always, watching chuckwurt tutorial is a must to know the ins and outs of the game.

#6959 18 days ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Best replay ability of any game ever created imo. But you have to like breadth. If you think the game is over once you get the wizard modes, it might not be for you.

#6960 17 days ago

I own an LE (same table as premium) and I’m certainly not bored of it. I in fact upgraded from the Pro like Chuckwurt due to the superior game experience
I finally reached the Iron Throne mode this week as Targaryen and still only scored 1.3B so getting big scores as each house is such a great challenge as mentioned above
I prefer this table over all Sterns except Godzilla if that helps

#6961 17 days ago

I think GOT does kick ass, but, in my 2 game max situation it didn't hold enough of a challenge for me to stay long. I do think the Premium/LE ups the ante on the challenge factor so if I were to do GOT again I'd go Premium. The variety of being able to change the game simply by playing a different house is really quite awesome but at the end of the day it is still a Steve Richie fan layout and for my tastes I moved on. I replaced it with a Deadpool Premium/LE and didn't regret it, Deadpool lasted way longer for me. GOT really is an awesome game and having it in your collection to give it a go is a no brainer in my mind.

#6962 17 days ago

If you’re looking for harder, pro is definitely harder. The new upper playfield rules allows you to reach the end of the game much easier. But the added rules of the upper playfield definitely up the fun factor.

#6963 17 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re looking for harder, pro is definitely harder. The new upper playfield rules allows you to reach the end of the game much easier. But the added rules of the upper playfield definitely up the fun factor.

I agree with this, Pro is definitely harder because you have to TRULY complete all the modes -- on Prem/LE, the upper PF gives you 'freebie' shots toward completing them, making them much easier. In fact, to date I've still never beaten Drogon on my Pro, he's damn near impossible, lol. The only way I've made it to Iron Throne on my Pro is by playing as Targaryen (with which you don't need to fight the dragons). My highest on my Pro is 7B, and I believe this was in a game where I was crushing the multiball modes (particularly Battle for the Wall) with maxed out multipliers.

And yet, a local friend got an LE, and just one or two games in, playing as Baratheon, I steamrolled my way through all the modes and all three dragons (plus all the multiballs along the way) and made it to Iron Throne. I was in the zone, but the mode shot freebies made them super easy. While I didn't finish Iron Throne, I still landed at a score over 9B.

#6964 17 days ago

Before selling my pro I beat the game with every house including Greyjoy. That Drogon mode take like 25 made shots to beat it. Haha

#6965 17 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's good to know, I won't chase down a Prem/LE then, as I had made the incorrect assumption that the different rules it introduced would make it harder. If the game gets easier then something else can sit in its place until I go above my hard cap of 2 games

#6966 17 days ago
Quoted from roar:

That's good to know, I won't chase down a Prem/LE then, as I had made the incorrect assumption that the different rules it introduced would make it harder. If the game gets easier then something else can sit in its place until I go above my hard cap of 2 games

You can make certain setting changes to take away the ability to complete modes with the upper playfield, so there’s that as well.

#6967 17 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can make certain setting changes to take away the ability to complete modes with the upper playfield, so there’s that as well.

There is that, and personal challenges. I have an LE, but have beat Iron Throne with all houses with a honor system rule of not using the upper playfield. I can play Castle MB, but not use it during modes for completion or progress. That's just me competing for my own high score table. In tournament or when playing others, I would use it if needed to get to higher scoring modes. But beating it for 5M is nothing compared to the payoff of actually beating them.

#6968 17 days ago

Well castle Mb locks out everything else anyway, so no worries about using that to help with modes.

And getting castle awards makes the points worth it for sure. You bonus can be massive due to castle collects from completing modes with the UP. I’ve gotten as high as 750 million in bonus before from doing that.

#6969 17 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well castle Mb locks out everything else anyway, so no worries about using that to help with modes.
And getting castle awards makes the points worth it for sure. You bonus can be massive due to castle collects from completing modes with the UP. I’ve gotten as high as 750 million in bonus before from doing that.

Yeah, if you can beat a bunch of houses in the same ball to stack the Castle collects, and get a big multiplier it can be huge. I had one where I held bonus so it was 1.1B on the first ball and 1.3B on the second. My bonus is higher than anyone else's score on my game.

#6970 17 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

First thing I did with mine is take away the ability to complete modes on Upper Playfield, I've never seen the bug it creates but I like having to complete the modes properly like the Pro. Buy a Premium and change that setting and it's all good IMO

#6971 16 days ago

Fighting Drogon is the #1 most intense, adrenaline filled mode in pinball. I love that you can play as Targ for the "easy" path to the Iron Throne, but I never feel like it truly counts unless you go through the dragons. Just an amazing machine all around. I prefer the pro personally, but the prem/LE is also great. Two very different machines, both definitely have their merit.

#6972 16 days ago

It’s not quite in the league as horde, but it’s damn good. The shear difficulty makes it so good. And on the premium with the fire breathing all over the playfield when you hit the dragon is so good.

#6973 16 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not quite in the league as horde, but it’s damn good. The shear difficulty makes it so good. And on the premium with the fire breathing all over the playfield when you hit the dragon is so good.

I’ve never seen that fire breathing effect, is it on your YouTube channel chuckwurt

#6974 16 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve never seen that fire breathing effect, is it on your YouTube channel chuckwurt

Just start a Targaryen mode and shoot one of the blue shots. It starts from the dragon on the upper playfield then goes all the way down the whole game.

#6975 15 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just start a Targaryen mode and shoot one of the blue shots. It starts from the dragon on the upper playfield then goes all the way down the whole game.

Oh right I hadn’t noticed lol

#6976 15 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Oh right I hadn’t noticed lol

Same here, Owned LE 4 years and update latest code as soon it was released. I need to pay attention to my battels.

#6977 15 days ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Small collections lastabilty thrive on breadth over depth. 1 or 2 pin lineup - go for games having breadth. Once you introduce a 3rd, that’s when you can start thinking about depth, or vice versa, more shallow style games.

Now that I’ve had an Avengers for a few weeks (200~ plays), I can say it’s about as complicated as GOT. And it really isn’t as complicated as a lot of people make it out to be. It’s quite simple, much like GOT, where it gets complicated is the strategies in using all the available features and powers - which again, is very much like GOT.

As chuckwurt pretty much eluded to, GOT is the gold standard of breadth. Avengers isn’t far behind it. The two pins are very similar; somewhat easy to progress through, but all sorts of different paths to get there - ie tough to master. GOT is a top 5 pin for me personally, and I hope to get one back someday - I’m still undecided on pro vs PREM.

#6978 15 days ago

When you get another one you have to go premium. It’s not close anymore. The loss of flow is well worth it for all the extra goodies you get and you can adjust the games settings to your liking. Completely customizable.

#6979 15 days ago

I still prefer the Pro. Tiny pinball upper/lower playfields aren't fun for me and I can't adjust the flow back.

#6980 15 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I still prefer the Pro. Tiny pinball upper/lower playfields aren't fun for me and I can't adjust the flow back.

Yeah, I am the same way. The Pro is fast and brutal, which I like.

#6981 15 days ago

For me it was more like, I’ve put 10k plays on the pro and want something different, but I don’t want to sell the game. Premium it is. I was surprised I ended up liking it more. It’s almost 100% due to the new code. The upper playfield was an afterthought before the final updates.

#6982 14 days ago

I dont find a loss of flow with the upper playfield at all, you can choose not to flip and it returns to the flipper fast enough
I can’t seem to figure out the orbit thing though, I just don’t understand how to solve the problem
Every shot to the orbit from the left hangs up at the gate before the pops and those shots that make it never go all the way around

#6983 14 days ago

Yeah. Even if you do that fix, it’s still not 100%. I just live with it. Get more bonus x on the premium. Haha

#6984 14 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Even if you do that fix, it’s still not 100%. I just live with it. Get more bonus x on the premium. Haha

That's the whole thing. By design, it should go all the way around during certain modes. But going into the pops (and rollovers for bonus) is way higher scoring. So you can get more flow, but lower points. Plus if your tight on mode time, the pops freeze your timer, so can help that way too.

1 week later
#6985 1 day ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I agree with this, Pro is definitely harder because you have to TRULY complete all the modes -- on Prem/LE, the upper PF gives you 'freebie' shots toward completing them, making them much easier. In fact, to date I've still never beaten Drogon on my Pro, he's damn near impossible, lol. The only way I've made it to Iron Throne on my Pro is by playing as Targaryen (with which you don't need to fight the dragons). My highest on my Pro is 7B, and I believe this was in a game where I was crushing the multiball modes (particularly Battle for the Wall) with maxed out multipliers.
And yet, a local friend got an LE, and just one or two games in, playing as Baratheon, I steamrolled my way through all the modes and all three dragons (plus all the multiballs along the way) and made it to Iron Throne. I was in the zone, but the mode shot freebies made them super easy. While I didn't finish Iron Throne, I still landed at a score over 9B.

Perhaps I reversed-jinxed myself? Played a game tonight on my Pro as Baratheon and FINALLY defeated Drogon for the first time! Made it to Iron Throne, claimed 5/7 of the castles, with only one shot left on the 6th.

Crushed my previous 7B high on my Pro, and even passed my 9.4B high on an LE! WoooOOOOoooOO this game still rocks.
20220629_211327 (resized).jpg

#6986 1 day ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Perhaps I reversed-jinxed myself? Played a game tonight on my Pro as Baratheon and FINALLY defeated Drogon for the first time! Made it to Iron Throne, claimed 5/7 of the castles, with only one shot left on the 6th.
Crushed my previous 7B high on my Pro, and even passed my 9.4B high on an LE! WoooOOOOoooOO this game still rocks.
[quoted image]

I have only played the pro a few times on location, so don't know a lot about it. How do you capture castles on the pro?

#6987 1 day ago
Quoted from atum:

I have only played the pro a few times on location, so don't know a lot about it. How do you capture castles on the pro?

During Iron Throne wizard mode you have to go back through each of the houses again. If I remember correctly you get a ball added every time you complete that house. I believe that's what he means by capturing castles. It's a really fun wizard mode.

#6988 1 day ago
Quoted from Monk:

During Iron Throne wizard mode you have to go back through each of the houses again. If I remember correctly you get a ball added every time you complete that house. I believe that's what he means by capturing castles. It's a really fun wizard mode.

Ahh, following what he meant. On the Prem/LE you can "Collect Castles" (the term used in the code) on the upper playfield. So I wasn't quite sure how that translated to the pro.

Love the wizard mode, it's one of my favorites!

#6989 11 hours ago
Quoted from Monk:

Yes this is what I meant, sorry for the confusion. During Iron Throne mode, all 7 shots are lit, and the first one you hit is the first castle (associated with that shot's house) you have to capture. You then have to hit all 7 shots and then Super Jackpot to collect it. Then it goes back to castle select with the 6 remaining lit, and spits out an additional ball. Hit another lit shot to select its castle, then hit all 7 and super jackpot, repeat until all castles are collected.

I don't know what happens when you collect them all (don't tell me either, I like suprises) since I haven't done it yet ... but I presume you collect the Iron Throne and in my mind have "beaten the game".

#6990 9 hours ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Yes this is what I meant, sorry for the confusion. During Iron Throne mode, all 7 shots are lit, and the first one you hit is the first castle (associated with that shot's house) you have to capture. You then have to hit all 7 shots and then Super Jackpot to collect it. Then it goes back to castle select with the 6 remaining lit, and spits out an additional ball. Hit another lit shot to select its castle, then hit all 7 and super jackpot, repeat until all castles are collected.
I don't know what happens when you collect them all (don't tell me either, I like suprises) since I haven't done it yet ... but I presume you collect the Iron Throne and in my mind have "beaten the game".

The only time I got to iron throne, I completed all of the houses, but after hitting the last shot for the last house, I drained immediately so I’m not quite sure what happens after either. It is my favorite wizard mode, although horde is really fun too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.95
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Rock Hill, SC
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
There are 6,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 140.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!