(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,297 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#961 5 years ago

Got a fair few games in on mine now, and a few questions.

Updated code to 0.95 and it reset all the scores to high values - GC was set at 300,000,000 (manual says 75,000,000 is GC score) - anyone had that?

I'm also getting a lot of air balls, more so than other machines. Several bounced up and hit the glass which makes a scary noise! Also, about five times this evening the ball got launched form the left slingshot over the right slings and directly into the shooter lane! I've turned the slings down (from 32 to 20) but it happened again after - just wondering what everyone else has them set at?

Also, I've played a fair few games and I cannot figure out how to get an extra ball, anyone care to give me a hint?!

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

According to the readme, in 0.95 you only get Extra Ball lit by completing both quests. They removed the EB tied to the number of weapons you obtain. I’ve never gotten an EB in 0.95, just reporting what it said in the readme file. I don’t know if there’s any other way to get one as the code stands now.

Ah, OK, progress towards an EB is usually one of my initial goals on a machine. Unusual, as on most machines the EB seems quite achievable on a reasonable proportion of games, but both quests complete is pretty tough! Looking at audits on my GoTG and Spiderman and Extra Ball is gained about 20-30%.

Is there a list anywhere of what is changed by the various 'loads' like Home Use/Easy/Medium? I couldn't find one so have left it set on factory for now.

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I initially had a lot of similar air balls (not to the glass), but from the left sling all the way to the shooter lane. I fiddled with the rubber on the slings, adjusted it a bit up and down, maybe untwisted it a little, air balls stopped.. So at least for me this is all that corrected it..

What did you do with the rubber? I've moved it about, pulled and reseated it and have turned the slings power down to 15 - I did try 10 but then they pretty much do nothing.

Last night I had three balls go from the left sling back into the shooter lane, and more annoying has two balls go from the right sling, over the left wire form and into the outlane!

I just really don't know what else I can do?

Just to check, what is everyone's play field set at, pitch wise? Snikt and Katana locks were hard to hit last night and I suspect I may have moved it whilst working on the slings (or it has settled into the carpet a bit).

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I was very un-scientific about it, just sort of slid the rubber up and down a very little with a game between each try. I suppose I just got lucky after the first couple of adjustments. As my left sling started more like a catapult like you described..
On the pitch. I have been adjusting it a little every couple of days, starting above 7 and last night reduced it some more.. Should be around 6.8 now, and last nights play felt pretty good (got the top 3 scores), so probably will leave it here for a while..

OK, I'll have another play with the rubbers on the slings and check the pitch.

How are you making sure the level is straight up the play field, I'm using the 2x/5x markers, just wondering what everyone else is using?

1 week later
#1023 5 years ago

Katana multi ball doesn’t come that often but I noticed twice last night that all three balls came down together which I don’t remember happening on previous code

Still getting air balls off the slingshots into shooter lane and outline with reduced sling power, any ideas what that could be?

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Finisher604:

does anyone know if its possible to download the current code before updating to .95 ... Would hate to update and not like the changes.. we have a Deadpool pro

You can clone the existing SD card to another SD card (or to an IMG file on your computer), then do the update. At that point you have one SD card with old code and one with new code. Just power off the game, change SD cards and it'll boot up with the other code.

1 week later
#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Slingshot airballs are kinda common on default slingshot power setting, so lower power setting in menu to your liking.

Mine still airballs a lot even on really low power setting. If I play ten games I'll get about four or five balls that go over into the shooter lane or to the left out lane. Not seen this on other games but it is really annoying, waiting to hear back from Stern.

4 weeks later
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Ok so I noticed a few posts from some of you saying you finally got to disco multi ball, and I didn’t think much of it because I thought hey, maybe the game is brand new to you.?

On the LE you have to complete Disco Loops first, then you can get Disco Multiball. I've only seen it a few times as other things seem to be more worthwhile - it usually comes after battles when you need to hit the Dazzler shot for damage.

New code is great fun and has really added to the game. Mech suit is great and the new animations for finishing the battles remind me so much of my teenage arcade days. Shame there's no 'weapons champion' as I got 225 on one game (even the bonus animation gets bored and skips by itself after counting up that many)

Only played a few games, but managed 750m which should hopefully keep my son off the GC for a few days

1 month later
#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... - Bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the ball.

So at 100 weapons you get permanent 2x playfield, 200 it sticks on 3x etc? Could be pretty big for late game jackpots!

3 months later
#2718 4 years ago

Mine is 187

#2809 4 years ago

I noticed the weird Little DP start too - makes it hard to get a battle going before starting it.

Also a couple of bugs with High score display at the end.

TREX is definitely far more fun now

#2816 4 years ago

I think they've misunderstood what's happening - I've never had issues before this update with Lil Deadpool not locking the ball in tons of games. Based on what they've said, this should only happen when it is ready to lock and I hit inside the Lil Deadpool but the drops don't come up in time to catch the ball.

Not sure what is meant by

check the adjustment of the Lil’ Deadpool stand-up target switch.

Adjust how/what? Switch test is fine, the only slight issue I've ever had is occasional random triggers of the right katana diamond (sometimes on plunge), but even that I can't reproduce reliably.

I'm used to getting the mode ready before starting Lil Deapool (helps a lot with drops for Juggernaught) and on at least two occasions last night out of about ten games, Lil Deadpool multi ball started before I'd finished even qualifying the mode at all.

I'll try and have a better go through over the weekend and document what's happening.

#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

Anyone else realize that Disco Multiball is very hard to see the ball on the pro? I find it hard to see.

There was a setting introduced in the 1.0 code to allow you to change that:

- Adjustment: DISCO GI BRIGHTNESS (Default: DIM)
DARK, DIM, BRIGHT, VERY BRIGHT

8 months later
#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It actually shows BILLIONS on the instant info (I've seen this when the spinner mode qualifies because you reached zero). I believe this happens because they are using an unsigned double word integer to store the number and there's a bug in the code that allows the count to go below zero. Since it's not a signed integer, it can't express a negative number and instead wraps around to the maximum value that can be stored (in this case 4,294,967,296) and then keeps counting down from there. Note that in the picture I took, it was 5 spins below maximum, so essentially, it counted off 5 more spins after it hit zero and wrapped around to the max number. It just needs to make this signed and add a trap for <zero case.
And honestly, while they're fixing it, using a double word to store this number is wasteful. A single unsigned byte takes up 75% less space (one byte instead of four) and would work fine since there's unlikely to be more than 255 spins needed to count down at any given time.
I reported it. Should be an easy fix.

Don't want to seem too pedantic, but it won't really save anything using a single byte to store the values as the ARM Cortex-A9 is a 32bit processor so for speed memory access will be aligned on 4 byte boundaries anyway and all the registers are 32bit.

Clearly a bug allowing it go below zero and not detecting the overrun though and might as well make it signed to help detection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.99
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=cyberkryten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.