(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,366 posts
  • 1,100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by parsonsaj
  • Topic is favorited by 554 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7639 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7644 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Deadpool (resized).png
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 328.
#16251 46 days ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

I like where you are going with this. I am going to try my own as well. Where did you get the simulated rock?

I created the base from solid construction foam insulation boards one can get from hardware stores in 4'x8' sheets, usually pink or blue. I used a foam cutter for this but prior to having the foam cutter I used an 18mm Olfa ratchet knife and a strait edge. To texture, I used a ruler and a ball point pen for the strait lines and a crumpled up piece of aluminum foil pressed against the foam to create texture. Next, I painted it with acrylic paint from a hobby store and last I gave it a wash with model railroad rock terrain pigment to darken the cracks and recesses. Not including paint drying time, it only took a couple of hours. Foam is easy to work with.

My next project is to do a crypt theme for an Elvira HOH topper.

If anyone wants more information on the process, let me know and I can post a list of tools and more details on the process or the links I used to learn.

#16252 46 days ago
Quoted from mIkea:

This is my version. I added a few strips of 12v and some flashing string lights behind the bullet holes and sprinkled throughout the casings. Just tapped 12V off of the main PCB, same spot Stern powers their toppers from.[quoted image]

Nice, thanks.

#16253 46 days ago
Quoted from Zenstar:

I decided to take a stab at creating a topper. It's nothing complicated, but it adds a little fun and flavor. I ordered action figures and created a base for them. My daughter, 11, added to it with the unicorn poster and helped paint. It was a fun project. My next step will be to figure out the best way to add a little lighting to make it easier to see. Are there any good tutorials out there for adding a few LEDs for a topper?
[quoted image]

How about 2 street light/spot lights? Post on both sides?

#16254 46 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

How about 2 street light/spot lights? Post on both sides?

Good idea. I thought about having one standing, maybe bent. And, a second knocked over and aimed so that it would shine upward at them. I'll have to search train model manufacturers to see if a good option exists and do a little testing once I get a few to see if that will be enough or if I need to add some more rubble and hide a few lights here and there.

#16255 45 days ago

Got my first ever 2 billy game (on any Spike 2) last night. Open outlanes, stock settings.

It was my 4th game of the night. Games 1, 2, and 3 were 42M, 9M, and 22M respectively, lol!

IMG_3567 (resized).jpegIMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
#16256 45 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Got my first ever 2 billy game (on any Spike 2) last night. Open outlanes, stock settings.
It was my 4th game of the night. Games 1, 2, and 3 were 42M, 9M, and 22M respectively, lol!
[quoted image]

Great score! And great to see you on here--fun to cross paths since the Goozex days!

#16257 45 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Great score! And great to see you on here--fun to cross paths since the Goozex days!

OMG, what a small world! Coincidentally, I just unearthed this the other day!

IMG_3588 (resized).jpegIMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
#16258 43 days ago

Owned this game for years now, thousands of plays and i'm still hearing new callouts. probably cause i am getting a little better at pinball, but still....

One the other day was in Disco MB where she said something along the lines of 'That's some impressive crossovers baby'.

Just now it was 'Who you calling blood suckers? Me? Ok I spose that makes sense.'

The one that always makes me turgid is 'Who are you, Keith Elwin?'

edit, just looked...6700 odd plays.

#16259 43 days ago

Joined the club yesterday. First time playing a DP premium. Gotta say, that left orbit is a lot more fun than I expected. And this machine shoots like butta! Flow for days.

IMG_0553 (resized).jpegIMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
#16260 43 days ago
Quoted from mIkea:This is my version. I added a few strips of 12v and some flashing string lights behind the bullet holes and sprinkled throughout the casings. Just tapped 12V off of the main PCB, same spot Stern powers their toppers from.

This looks fantastic! Love the spent casings and bullet hole back drop. Where did you get your Deadpool figurine?

#16261 42 days ago

Anyone mount the Premium/LE rubber Chimchanga truck/van to the Pro bracket without having to drill out the rivets? I tried getting a new OEM Premium bracket from Marco but was told Stern makes folks verify they have a Prem/LE in order to source this piece. I have the Prem/LE Wolverine/Dazzler coming, as well as the Disco ball mod, metal pop bumper/stars. Have had it about a month now , super fun indeed!

#16262 40 days ago

Anyone know if there another run of Deadpool Pro planned?

#16263 40 days ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Anyone know if there another run of Deadpool Pro planned?

End of this year.

Feb 2024 - Jaws LE & Premium
Mar 2024 - Godzilla Pro
Mar 2024 - JP Premium
Mar 2024 - SW Pro & Premium
Q2 2024 - Cornerstone #2 (?)
Q2 2024 - Venom Pro & Premium
Q2 2024 - FF Pro
Q3 2024 - Bond Pro
Q3 2024 - Godzilla Pro
Q3 2024 - JP Pro
Q3 2024 - FF Pro
Q4 2024 - Cornerstone #3 (?)
Q4 2024 - FF Premium
Q4 2024 - Bond Premium
Q4 2024 - Deadpool Pro
Q4 2024 - Stranger Things Pro
??? 2025 - Mando Pro & Premium

#16264 39 days ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

This looks fantastic! Love the spent casings and bullet hole back drop. Where did you get your Deadpool figurine?

Thanks!
Deadpool is actually just a decal I ordered online. Its on a piece of plexiglass cut about 1/8” larger all around then lit with a red led strip from underneath to get an ‘edge lit’ effect.

#16265 39 days ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Thanks!
Deadpool is actually just a decal I ordered online. Its on a piece of plexiglass cut about 1/8” larger all around then lit with a red led strip from underneath to get an ‘edge lit’ effect.

Looks fantastic! Still trying to pull mine together. Want some lighting I can somehow connect to the machine.

#16266 38 days ago

If anyone is interested in buying a cluster of cool DP mods, I've got:
1. The official Stern DP shooter rod ($110 new)
2. Two DP lenticular holographic cards for the apron ($30 new)
3. The DP magnetic decal/art cover for the coin door from Inscribed Solutions ($70 new).
4. Deadpool keychain - the Modfather one with DP "eyes logo" and crossing Katanas ($10 new)
5. The illuminated Hellhouse mod from the Mod Couple ($46.25 new)
PM me to make an offer - but don't jerk me around, LoL. Prefer to sell and ship all five together.

#16267 38 days ago

Just installed my $42 worth of characters in my pro. Was nice picking my own, and not paying $70 a piece for these from stern.
My favorite is the weapon X version of Wolverine. $12 on ebay new in the box.
Actual metal chimi van looks great, and my blood dripping lane savers turned out cool too.

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg20240419_183748 (resized).jpg20240419_184303 (resized).jpg20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
#16281 37 days ago

Ho-ly-crap

I just had the game of a lifetime. This was I think, my third time beating the game but damn.

20240420_214553 (resized).jpg20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
#16282 36 days ago

Hey guys, new DP Premium owner here. Loving the game, but having one issue... the Colossus loop shot. Every shot up there gets a reject. Seems like a right flipper only shot due to the ramp blocking the shot from the left flipper, but I don't think I've seen a single shot completed on that loop. Apologies if this has been covered. I didn't see anything in the key posts about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#16283 36 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Hey guys, new DP Premium owner here. Loving the game, but having one issue... the Colossus loop shot. Every shot up there gets a reject. Seems like a right flipper only shot due to the ramp blocking the shot from the left flipper, but I don't think I've seen a single shot completed on that loop. Apologies if this has been covered. I didn't see anything in the key posts about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Someone else here may correct me, but I think it's just a clunky shot. Hit it too hard, reject, too soft, reject, just a bit off kilter, reject..... It's gotta be hit just right.

#16284 36 days ago

so ive had my deadpool for 3 months high score 6.5 billion(ironically first time i played it; and im just a bit disappointed(bored) with the depth and battles of the game; the play field is my favorite playfield of all time if it had dept like bond i think it would be up there with godzilla

do you think i should take a break and give it more time or maybe time to sell it already?

#16285 36 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

so ive had my deadpool for 3 months high score 6.5 billion(ironically first time i played it; and im just a bit disappointed(bored) with the depth and battles of the game; the play field is my favorite playfield of all time if it had dept like bond i think it would be up there with godzilla
do you think i should take a break and give it more time or maybe time to sell it already?

Well, you're obviously a good player. Have you tried removing the outlane posts? I assume all the menu's game adjustments are all factory default. Maybe set more adjustments to "hard"?

Unfortunately, the code is not the deepest and it's unlikely to change. But making the game play more difficult might have you hitting the start button more often.

#16286 36 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Well, you're obviously a good player. Have you tried removing the outlane posts? I assume all the menu's game adjustments are all factory default. Maybe set more adjustments to "hard"?
Unfortunately, the code is not the deepest and it's unlikely to change. But making the game play more difficult might have you hitting the start button more often.

thx great ideas make it harder

#16287 36 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

thx great ideas make it harder

im actually a beginner i just got lucky that first game my average score is 500mil-1 billion

#16288 36 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

What's your playfield level at? If it's too low it will be a lot easier. Make sure it's at least 6.5 degrees.

#16289 36 days ago

How do you reset extra ball back to default and turn off the extra ball increase? I don’t want to reset the game but I get extra balls at 50+ weapons. I had a few new players over this weekend and they they never got an extra ball

#16290 35 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Well this may or may not explain my problem with the left loop. Shortly after I posted about difficulty making that shot I removed the glass and rolled the ball through the loop. It seemed fine so I reinstalled the glass and played a couple of games. The shot seemed ok, but then I noticed a piece of metal resembling a ball guide and a single screw laying on the playfield up in that same area. I've looked but can't find where it might have come from. Any ideas? I have already sent an email to Stern, but thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks.

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
#16291 35 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Well this may or may not explain my problem with the left loop. Shortly after I posted about difficulty making that shot I removed the glass and rolled the ball through the loop. It seemed fine so I reinstalled the glass and played a couple of games. The shot seemed ok, but then I noticed a piece of metal resembling a ball guide and a single screw laying on the playfield up in that same area. I've looked but can't find where it might have come from. Any ideas? I have already sent an email to Stern, but thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks.
[quoted image]

It’s from the underside of the left ramp where the wireform and ramp connect.
Photo here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/127#post-5685228

#16292 35 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

[quoted image]

It goes on the katana ramp and is a bit tricky to get to but definitely do-able. See key post #13555 ... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/272#post-7027588

#16293 35 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

The shot is just clunky, somewhat by design, as others have noted.

The underlying physical problem with Colossus shot rejects is ball spin. The ball has to hit two opposite walls - first the wall on the left side of the entrance going in, then the top wall as it bends around. No matter which way the ball is spinning, one or the other of those wall contact events will work against and anti-propel the ball. Most commonly it will be the top wall - upon contact with that, counterclockwise spin from the right flipper will propel the ball rightwards and away from making the shot.

One suggestion is to turn down the right flipper power, which also helps to make shots to the scoop stay in there. The right flipper on Deadpool doesn't need high power to hit anything (just fewer spins on Dazzler shots, but a countermeasure there is to lube that spinner.)

Flipper rubber is a factor here - harder rubber (silicone) imparts less spin, so that may help. Harder rubber also may help for Snikt shots - that's got the same geometry and the same problem, it has to hit two opposite walls (the target itself then the ramp bend), and clockwise spin from the left flipper will anti-propel the ball trying to make it around the ramp bend. The tradeoff is that harder rubber makes it more difficult to gain control of medium-speed returns to the flippers, which happens a lot on Deadpool, primarily from the scoop eject, and also for rebounds from Lil Deadpool and exits from the orbits.

#16294 35 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

It’s from the underside of the left ramp where the wireform and ramp connect.
Photo here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/127#post-5685228

Thanks, that's very helpful. I would have never found that. So it looks like it's only secured with 1 screw, even though the part has 2 holes, which is consistent with only finding one screw on the playfield. But getting to this is another thing. Looks like I'll need to remove the wireform and ramp to get this reattached.

#16295 35 days ago

A big thanks to SiN13 and mostater for pointing me to a couple of helpful posts, and to newovad and Jedi_Gill for finding and addressing the repair with great photos and a description on the "how to". You guys rock! All fixed now and I added a small drop of medium thread locker on the screw that holds that stiffener to the post in hopes of not having to address this again. Pinside is the BEST!

#16296 33 days ago

Any DP Premium owners interested in a Deadpool Pro translite? I got one from a tourney a few years back and now I own a DP Pro so I don't need it anymore- It's on Pinball Life for $100 but I'd sell it for $75 + shipping.

#16297 32 days ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Any DP Premium owners interested in a Deadpool Pro translite? I got one from a tourney a few years back and now I own a DP Pro so I don't need it anymore- It's on Pinball Life for $100 but I'd sell it for $75 + shipping.

It's the better translite imo

#16298 30 days ago

I could use your expertise on this. This is the issue that’s happening when I am not holding down the left flipper the gate is opening automatically right when the ball hits the second switch the gate opens. I did switch test active switch all tested fine .

Everything did everything I knew how to do even Talk to my Tech Support buddy and he has no idea what’s going on..

For some reason when the ball is hitting the second switch off the launch panel, the gate is opening when it should remain closed unless I am holding down the left flipper it also doesn’t say super skill shot appreciate help Or insight guys thank you

#16299 30 days ago

happens on and off

#16300 29 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I could use your expertise on this. This is the issue that’s happening when I am not holding down the left flipper the gate is opening automatically right when the ball hits the second switch the gate opens. I did switch test active switch all tested fine .
Everything did everything I knew how to do even Talk to my Tech Support buddy and he has no idea what’s going on..
For some reason when the ball is hitting the second switch off the launch panel, the gate is opening when it should remain closed unless I am holding down the left flipper it also doesn’t say super skill shot appreciate help Or insight guys thank you

That makes it sound like the game doesn’t think the ball is originating from the shooter lane when it enters into the orbit, so maybe an issue with the switch in the shooter lane?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModMood

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,536 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 16,366 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 328.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/326 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.