(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,278 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DA360B2D-DB1E-4FE8-B253-9372148E0707 (resized).jpeg
mode_status_cropped (resized).jpg
20200115_211143 (resized).jpg
IMG_7767 (resized).JPG
IMG_7768 (resized).JPG
IMG_7769 (resized).JPG
19-drone-figure (resized).jpg
AD729A3E-6FD0-4680-87DC-B55724F5DA8F (resized).jpeg
63FAECC8-2169-40BD-9400-370763BA4F4F (resized).png
F3941C57-9100-401B-84CA-63C77E7BF86D (resized).jpeg
IMG_0016 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0015 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0010 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 5278 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 106.
#5201 11 days ago

I think the last code needs some polish, it's nice but far from perfect like a Met or a TWD. An update is planned?

#5202 11 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

The Latest DP stream from Bro do you even play pinball posted their stream with code 1.03
I thought it was a typo.
The last code update I see on stern was in may of 2019 and it 1.02, right?

1.03 is just 1.02 with support for the interlock switch, so essentially the same as what you have.

If you can post video of what you get in T-Rex mode, that would be helpful.

#5203 11 days ago

Here’s the video;

Hope it comes through.

#5204 11 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

I ran the tests through service mode; all seems to be working fine with lil Deadpool drop targets and the coil operation.
so I took the glass off and got to Trex quest and what happens specifically is; when all 3 drop targets go back up and the green shot is lit that is when my coil under the drop targets is pulsating in 3 pulse intervals until you make the green shot or hit another drop target again (I think)
anyway its so loud and that's coil is so strong when its pulsating that it actually vibrates the entire play field and the ball even bounces up and down on the play field.
Like I said on my initial post I didn't notice that happening on some recent streams that I watched during the same mode and I'm sure on one of those streams the code was same as mine. Also the T-rex was defeated quickly and easily where as on mine it is extremely difficult. I've made it Mr Sinister clone wizard mode several times but never to Megacrocka.... whatever his name is, because I never can defeat T-rex.

I have to ask. Do your little deadpool drop targets do the same thing when you start a game? Do the reset 2 or three times? Does one of them remain down when they reset? If so, the problem is with your drop target. You will need to remove the mech and bend the problem target(s) forward (towards you) because the target has been bent back and the catch nob is to far back to stop the target. There is a post about this somewhere on pinside. I recently had the same problem and bending the target fixed it.

#5205 11 days ago
Quoted from Budfan:

I have to ask. Do your little deadpool drop targets do the same thing when you start a game? Do the reset 2 or three times? Does one of them remain down when they reset? If so, the problem is with your drop target. You will need to remove the mech and bend the problem target(s) forward (towards you) because the target has been bent back and the catch nob is to far back to stop the target. There is a post about this somewhere on pinside. I recently had the same problem and bending the target fixed it.

no, they work fine otherwise.

still trying to upload the video

#5207 11 days ago

well.... I'm not sure how to add the video?

#5208 11 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

well.... I'm not sure how to add the video?

Post it to youtube, add the link and it will embed the video.

#5209 11 days ago

Okay, so it looks like it's having problems with the coil that drops the targets. In coil test mode, does the target bank drop take down all three targets like it should? Something's weird because at the end of your video the right target is setting noticibly lower than the other two.

#5210 11 days ago

#5211 11 days ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I like some of the extra figures but was wondering if they block the spot lights to the disco ball and reduce the effect of that mode?

Yeah. I'm not much into adding figurines, but if I were doing it, I'd put Colossus into a more action-y "running at you" pose where he is crouching a bit, which would give the disco ball reflections more clearance. Just standing there looks boring and doesn't match the art on the playfield and backglass where everyone's very busy doing something, IMO.

#5212 10 days ago

why does the video look so bad when you watch through youtube?

I used my iPhone XR which has great video quality. Am I doing something wrong?

#5213 10 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Okay, so it looks like it's having problems with the coil that drops the targets. In coil test mode, does the target bank drop take down all three targets like it should? Something's weird because at the end of your video the right target is setting noticibly lower than the other two.

I believe so I tested last night.

I'll double check now.

#5214 10 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

okay checked it out again;

lil deadpool coil test drop trip only drops one of the 3 targets.

the drop reset works fine.

so it looks like I do have an issue?

#5215 10 days ago
Quoted from Budfan:

you might be right!

see my previous post

Quoted from rmarmol1:

#5216 10 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

Yes. Check the assembly attached to the small coil under the playfield. It is probably just not moving far enough to cause all three targets to clear the "ledge" they rest on and drop.

Also, bending the other targets back a bit (they're unfortunately flexible - more Stern cost-cutting) will help them fall, but this is last-ditch since hitting them over time will continue to bend them and you'll end up in the opposite situation where they won't stay up sooner rather than later.

#5217 10 days ago

Ok, I’ll give that a try!

Thanks

#5218 10 days ago

Same happened to me. For me.... The small coil/magnet which causes the drop targets to trip... is held on by a single screw which has LOOSENED. This causes play/movement in the coil, so it does not engage/move the metal trip bracket reliably. So, not all targets drop, and the coil fires multiple times trying to drop them all.

To repair/tighten, I removed the entire assembly. On it, is a circuit board with the LEDs. Remove the circuit board, and there you will see the screw to tighten. My coil was barely hanging on! Fortunately, there's a paper insulator so the screw head does not short to the light board.

Let us know how it goes.

#5219 10 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

Thats what mine did. The targets are bendable. Once you bend it, it should line up with the other two. Vireland is right that you might have to replace the target because it will bend back some where down the road. Mine has lasted about 200 plays so far. I will try scottslash's fix when I get back to machine.

#5220 10 days ago

Oh my god... I feel sooooo dumb!!!

My DP has been doing that for quite some time now!

I seriously thought that this was a feature off the T-rex mode with that coil pulsating (seemed like a T-Rex pounding its feet) then occasionally one of the drop targets coming down and that I had that small window of time to shoot the ball in that one open spot. How embarrassing!

I've been avoiding the T-rex mode because of this issue!

thanks guys for the help on this!

I was able to fix it by creating more space on the metal tab that gets pulled by the small magnet. (that forced the metal bracket to push the drop targets further)

Thanks again!!!

can't wait to play it now and reach megacrapala-whatever his name is!

#5221 10 days ago
Quoted from rmarmol1:

Oh my god... I feel sooooo dumb!!!
My DP has been doing that for quite some time now!
I seriously thought that this was a feature off the T-rex mode with that coil pulsating (seemed like a T-Rex pounding its feet) then occasionally one of the drop targets coming down and that I had that small window of time to shoot the ball in that one open spot. How embarrassing!
I've been avoiding the T-rex mode because of this issue!
thanks guys for the help on this!
I was able to fix it by creating more space on the metal tab that gets pulled by the small magnet. (that forced the metal bracket to push the drop targets further)
Thanks again!!!
can't wait to play it now and reach megacrapala-whatever his name is!

Awesome. No excuse for a bad experience on such an awesome game. Glad it's all working right now!

#5222 10 days ago

vireland
budfan

THANKS!!!

#5223 9 days ago

Added the Stern Ninja Star Pop Bumper caps and the Mod Couple shooter rod plate this weekend!

Maybe it's just me, but the pops seem more "solid" after adding the stars...
IMG_7769 (resized).JPGIMG_7768 (resized).JPGIMG_7767 (resized).JPG

#5224 8 days ago

Wasn't having the best game after my first 2 balls last night, I think I was only around 80 million... ended up at 1.4 Billion after third ball with a 480 Million Ninja Multiball in there (Got the Snikt up to 4X). On my Extra ball I got in one or two shots and then SDTM and didn't make it on the board as I need almost 1.6 Billion for last place.

Can't wait until I finally string a full game's worth of good balls together!

Man I wish they would do a code update to expand the high score tables to include the multiball modes, battles, most Snikt shots, etc!

#5225 8 days ago

Looking to add a Deadpool Premium to my collection. Anyone interested in trading TFTC and Stargate?

#5226 7 days ago
Quoted from Tres:

Looking to add a Deadpool Premium to my collection. Anyone interested in trading TFTC and Stargate?

I sold my Stargate and Checkpoint to help fund my Deadpool Pro.

Good luck!

#5227 6 days ago

I have a question for you experienced Deadpool players about the Ninjas spawning and ghosting. Reading the rule set, they say you spawn them by hitting the pop bumpers and are ghosted (killed) by hitting a spotted blue-purple insert on the playfield. I cannot seem to find that or just not understanding it. Can anyone fill me in?

And is it one ninja for every hit on a pop bumper?

I notice if you bring up the status, occasionally it will show millions of spins for disco loops. Bug?

Also, I somehow once brought up ‘competition mode’. Not sure how I did it (I think I did something with the flippers), but what is that all about?

Thanks for any help!

#5229 6 days ago
Quoted from maroot:

I have a question for you experienced Deadpool players about the Ninjas spawning and ghosting. Reading the rule set, they say you spawn them by hitting the pop bumpers and are ghosted (killed) by hitting a spotted blue-purple insert on the playfield. I cannot seem to find that or just not understanding it. Can anyone fill me in?
And is it one ninja for every hit on a pop bumper?
I notice if you bring up the status, occasionally it will show millions of spins for disco loops. Bug?
Also, I somehow once brought up ‘competition mode’. Not sure how I did it (I think I did something with the flippers), but what is that all about?
Thanks for any help!

When the ninjas are lit, the inserts to the normal shots like Wolverine, etc will be lit blue. Sometimes, they will pulse two colors if you have a mode running with different colored shots.

Competition mode is hold left flipper and then hit start.

#5230 6 days ago
Quoted from maroot:

It actually shows BILLIONS on the instant info (I've seen this when the spinner mode qualifies because you reached zero). I believe this happens because they are using an unsigned double word integer to store the number and there's a bug in the code that allows the count to go below zero. Since it's not a signed integer, it can't express a negative number and instead wraps around to the maximum value that can be stored (in this case 4,294,967,296) and then keeps counting down from there. Note that in the picture I took, it was 5 spins below maximum, so essentially, it counted off 5 more spins after it hit zero and wrapped around to the max number. It just needs to make this signed and add a trap for <zero case.

And honestly, while they're fixing it, using a double word to store this number is wasteful. A single unsigned byte takes up 75% less space (one byte instead of four) and would work fine since there's unlikely to be more than 255 spins needed to count down at any given time.

I reported it. Should be an easy fix.
mode_status_cropped (resized).jpg

#5231 6 days ago

Whats competition mode!?

#5232 4 days ago

I notice code 1.02 came out last May. Do they consider it finished?

There are some things they can correct, like the kerning problem on the match screen for one.

#5233 4 days ago

I asked Gomez about a feature for the game (pre 1.0) and he said they were working on something similar for when it was completed, but I've seen nothing of the sort. It had to do with allowing the user to customize the audio in the settings, switching around which effects are used where. Well, the least they could do is add a jukebox mode to the game and/or allow game over songs to play in entirety. The quality of those full length songs is somewhat wasted in the game.

Rob

#5234 4 days ago
Quoted from maroot:

I notice code 1.02 came out last May. Do they consider it finished?
There are some things they can correct, like the kerning problem on the match screen for one.

They're not done. Lots of bugs to fix, and I would bet there will be some specific champion high score tracking for modes, spins, etc. The messed-up "1" kerning will be addressed. I asked Tanio about that specifically this past summer.

1.03 is the current release that added cutoff switch support.

#5235 4 days ago

Anyone who downloaded our custom firmware, there was some complaints DMX and Diplo songs were louder than the rest. Please download the new version and let us know if it's fixed. Linked below to the thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-#post-5396680

#5236 4 days ago

I actually just updated a new version after the one I previously posted. V3 is the latest.

#5237 3 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

They're not done. Lots of bugs to fix, and I would bet there will be some specific champion high score tracking for modes, spins, etc. The messed-up "1" kerning will be addressed. I asked Tanio about that specifically this past summer.

I hope so and the sooner the better! With each passing day I think it's less likely, but I would love to see those finishing touches which is really all that it needs.

#5238 3 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I asked Gomez about a feature for the game (pre 1.0) and he said they were working on something similar for when it was completed, but I've seen nothing of the sort. It had to do with allowing the user to customize the audio in the settings, switching around which effects are used where. Well, the least they could do is add a jukebox mode to the game and/or allow game over songs to play in entirety. The quality of those full length songs is somewhat wasted in the game.
Rob

When doing the sound mod, I noticed that there are a number of repeated placeholders for music entities that just point to the same Boom song, so hopefully they will add more audio and agree it would be good to add a jukebox.

#5239 3 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just pick up one of these new-style anti-lean brackets. I've got some on the way to take care of this once and for all.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

I wonder if this would work on my iron maiden pro orb shot. I have tried locktite but the target always ends up tucked away in the left side making it much harder to hit.

#5240 3 days ago

Rather than start another this or that thread, I thought I would just ask the owners clubs for both games.
With my budget and space I can get one of the two sterns I'd like right now.
What I'm interested in is owners opinions on long term ownership. I prefer to have a gave for a several years rather than being bored of it within a year. I admittedly tend to enjoy more games that have more than two flippers. I'd like to grab one of the following soon.
Deadpool pro- I hated it at first but over the last year came to love it but i dont get many opportunities to play.
Jurassic Park pro- i havent had many plays but immediately fell in love with it.
*I do own iron maiden already (and shadow)
Thanks for your input

#5241 3 days ago

Does this game have a flipper power adjustment?

#5242 3 days ago

It does not. But it needs it so bad.

Quoted from Aniraf:

Does this game have a flipper power adjustment?

#5243 3 days ago

come up to kitchener some time will let u play it long as u like. I like both. pm me for details.

#5244 3 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I wonder if this would work on my iron maiden pro orb shot. I have tried locktite but the target always ends up tucked away in the left side making it much harder to hit.

I don't see why it wouldn't. The lock bracket works great. Snnnkkkt shot hasn't moved at all since I installed it.

#5245 2 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It does not. But it needs it so bad.

Why, to strong? It feels perfect on mine.

#5246 2 days ago

I couldn't put on as much wax as I wanted because it was too fast. I want to put a little more wax and turn the flippers down.

Quoted from sohchx:

Why, to strong? It feels perfect on mine.

#5247 2 days ago

Just placed my order for a prem. I've been so addicted to this game in our local arcade that I gotta have one at home. Arcade has a pro but went prem as I'm thinking I'll really like the left oribt to right flipper shot. Probably not worth the extra $$$ but you only live once

Now I just need to figure out what mods, if any, I need to grab to enhance the experience. Already ordered a shaker motor.

#5248 2 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just placed my order for a prem. I've been so addicted to this game in our local arcade that I gotta have one at home. Arcade has a pro but went prem as I'm thinking I'll really like the left oribt to right flipper shot. Probably not worth the extra $$$ but you only live once

It's worth the extra $$$. Completely.

I hate the translite on the Premium. We swapped it out for the Pro one on the route I help with. Only cost $77. Well worth it.

#5249 2 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Now I just need to figure out what mods, if any, I need to grab to enhance the experience. Already ordered a shaker motor.

Yeah - Shaker (great with this game!), Pinball life anti-sway target bracket for the Snikt target, side blades, Pin Monk's light brackets (I actually made my own before I knew these were available), set of flipper coil stops and sleeves and maybe an external sub (I have one, but not a huge noticeable improvement). Other items can be modded to your personal choice.

Here's a tip on adding more base... I changed all of my speakers, but this can be done with the stock speakers as well. Make sure the subwoofer is 4 ohm, but put it at 8 ohm in the system settings. Made a big difference!

#5250 2 days ago

Is there a mod for the LE that makes the disco ball spin? Sorry, new to the game so I have some dumb questions. I found mods for the pro, but nothing that looked like it did the LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 5278 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside