(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,132 posts
  • 1,076 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pins (resized).jpg
IMG_8310 (resized).jpeg
dp25 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230115_174958019 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240303-210236 (resized).png
20240303_172846 (resized).jpg
20240303_173052 (resized).jpg
pose2 (resized).jpg
IMG_9817 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8999 (resized).jpeg
34D40909-E3D1-48BE-9566-5FA89737EEE3 (resized).jpeg
2024-02-21 22.16.32 (resized).jpg
IMG_7880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9737 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 323.
#8351 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys quick little issue im having. When the ball goes down the right orbit from the pops like on first plunge. The ball immediately and consistently goes stdm and drains. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? The game is level and other than that game plays 100%
[quoted image]

The ball should clip that post and kick to the left flipper. Maybe try and see if the ball guide will move a bit right towards the shooter lane. You could also try a fatter post rubber if that doesn’t work. I’m assuming your game is level and pitched correctly. Mine is pitched at 7 degrees

#8352 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:What's your playfield pitch? Also, have you put a straightedge on the playfield from left to right to make sure your playfield isn't bowed very slightly?

It's at 6.5. I have not i have used 2 different level apps and they both came back that the game was level.

Quoted from northerndude:

Maybe you will have to loosen a screw and move your ball guide in or out a mm or two, could be the difference

I'll give it a try and see if i can move it over.

Quoted from Mattyk:

The ball should clip that post and kick to the left flipper. Maybe try and see if the ball guide will move a bit right towards the shooter lane. You could also try a fatter post rubber if that doesn’t work. I’m assuming your game is level and pitched correctly. Mine is pitched at 7 degrees

So what happens is it clips that post and goes straight down the middle. What size rubber would i need?

#8353 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So what happens is it clips that post and goes straight down the middle. What size rubber would i need?

This is what I have purchased and pretty sure they are the same as the stock ones.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

There are thicker ones out there but I think this is an issue with your ball guide alignment. I think there was a person a month or so ago with a similar issue but on the left orbit and it looked like the pilot holes were not aligned properly. Hopefully this is not the case with yours.

#8354 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Double check that it is level. Make sure your phone app is calibrated and check in various spots on playfield. If it’s still going down the middle try a 1/2” outer diameter post rubber from marcos

#8355 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the cables that go from The CPU node board to the node controller board in the cabinet are standard cat-5 cables? One of my needs replaced. I cannot find them in the manual.

#8356 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Does anyone know if the cables that go from The CPU node board to the node controller board in the cabinet are standard cat-5 cables? One of my needs replaced. I cannot find them in the manual.

I believe they are, yes. They are labeled as such on the cables themselves.

#8357 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I believe they are, yes. They are labeled as such on the cables themselves.

Thanks! I didn't see a label so maybe I have aftermarket cables on mine? I'll check again though. I appreciate the input.

#8358 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

So last night i got around to debugging my DP Premium bottom GI issue. I followed vireland 's cue, and started by removing CN14 from node board 8. The overcurrent protection error disappeared. So i put the connector back on, and the error reappeared.
I then removed all of the LED's in the bottom GI section, and disconnected the 2 in the apron. The error was still there, which led me to believe it was one of the sockets. I did a continuity test on the sockets, and sure enough i measured a short.
I visually inspected all of the sockets from above, but was unable to find anything wrong. I then visualy inspected all of the visible sockets under the playfield, but everything looked fine.
So i had no choice but to remove both of the flipper mechs, in order to gain access to the remaining three sockets.
When removing the second flipper mech, i saw something that looked suspicious. There was something odd between the two "layers" of the socket. Turned out it was a little blob of solder, shorting the main part of the socket with the bottom part! I guess during production, some solder was dropped, and it had landed really unfortunate. I scratched it off, booted the machine, and the error was gone! SUCCESS!
Thank you very much to everyone chiming in, and helping me find the problem. Strange that it wasn't an issue untill now, but the main thing is that i got it sorted.
Pinside rocks!

Glad to hear you were able to fix the problem.
I had a very similar problem with my turtles premium, PinMonk help me as well can’t say enough how much help he is to boards top notch guy

#8359 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Trying to install the Hooked On pop bumper mod but struggling to see how they cable tie on?!?
I know robertstone0407 installed them. Can anyone else help with quality photos and info on specifically how Wolverine got cable tied to the plastic please.
Thanks guys.

I didn’t like the color of the new plastic that was provided with the caps, plus I hated to lose the artwork that was printed on it.
I ended up reusing the original caps underneath the new ones.
I carefully drilled out the pop rivets that hold in the domes so that the new caps will fit, and the new screws provided with the caps are long enough to allow for this.
I’m not gonna lie, it took awhile to drill out the rivets...they are steel and not aluminum as I had assumed so I started small on my drill but and stepped up in tiny increments and I was nearly the same diameter as the hole in the plastic before the rivet gave up. But in the end I am pleased with the end result!

01FC56F8-B95F-4081-9D9E-89C220783658 (resized).jpeg01FC56F8-B95F-4081-9D9E-89C220783658 (resized).jpegF7CABA31-4F59-4451-B219-84C50902E006 (resized).jpegF7CABA31-4F59-4451-B219-84C50902E006 (resized).jpeg
#8360 3 years ago

Looks good but this is for a premium so if I did it with the plastic I'd loose the spot for the mirror ball.

Really trying to find photos for how the sculpted Wolverine is affix!

Thanks for the help though mate.

#8361 3 years ago

Just installed a Pin-Woofer!!! Absolutely the greatest mod of all time !!! I score higher with the volume up!! A 5 year old could install it. Look forward to buying more !! Its a crime to play pinball with stock sound equipment!! Pin -Woofer is Life!!

#8362 3 years ago

I have an external sub on Deadpool, but have a pinwoofer full kit here waiting to go into gun's and roses when it finally get's here. Looking forward to that.

#8363 3 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Just installed a Pin-Woofer!!! Absolutely the greatest mod of all time !!! I score higher with the volume up!! A 5 year old could install it. Look forward to buying more !! Its a crime to play pinball with stock sound equipment!! Pin -Woofer is Life!!

Quoted from punkin:

I have an external sub on Deadpool, but have a pinwoofer full kit here waiting to go into gun's and roses when it finally get's here. Looking forward to that.

Good times - have fun with it guys!

-Dan

https://PinWoofer.com

#8364 3 years ago

Just had my premium powdercoated by Robert Stone. I wanted something different and I think it turned out stunning I like it so much I'm having him do the speaker panel also

20210123_224251 (resized).jpg20210123_224251 (resized).jpg20210123_224259 (resized).jpg20210123_224259 (resized).jpg20210123_224316 (resized).jpg20210123_224316 (resized).jpg20210124_133259 (resized).jpg20210124_133259 (resized).jpg20210124_133403 (resized).jpg20210124_133403 (resized).jpg20210124_133458 (resized).jpg20210124_133458 (resized).jpg20210124_133508 (resized).jpg20210124_133508 (resized).jpg20210124_133521 (resized).jpg20210124_133521 (resized).jpg20210124_133536 (resized).jpg20210124_133536 (resized).jpg
#8365 3 years ago

You can change the colour on the backbox trim too.

#8366 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You can change the colour on the backbox trim too.

I know but I think it will look good once the speaker panel is done

#8367 3 years ago

Not cool - me

194163B7-696D-4039-976B-490CE3B4BA76 (resized).jpeg194163B7-696D-4039-976B-490CE3B4BA76 (resized).jpeg
#8368 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not cool - me[quoted image]

OOF! That stings. I think it’s evil that they tell you how many points you lost. Bad cricket, Stern. (JK, I actually think it’s pretty great, even if it makes a player feel bad.)

#8369 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

OOF! That stings. I think it’s evil that they tell you how many points you lost. Bad cricket, Stern. (JK, I actually think it’s pretty great, even if it makes a player feel bad.)

Totally in line with the Deadpool character. Love it being on the champion boards.

#8370 3 years ago

Best High Score category ever!!

#8371 3 years ago

My DP PRO is still on location.
Almost 28 months and still a top 3 or 4 earner on my route. If Stern does another run I'll likely get a new one to replace it then semi-retire the 1st one at a casual location.

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Are you using the Polk sub? What are your knobs set at on it?

#8373 3 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else notice a progress bug with Mystique?

Ball 1 - Reduce half her life, drain.
Ball 2 - No flashing. No progress!?
Ball 3 - Suddenly flashing again, with progress made?

#8374 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Almost 28 months and still a top 3 or 4 earner on my route. If Stern does another run I'll likely get a new one to replace it then semi-retire the 1st one at a casual location.

tenor.giftenor.gif
#8375 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

If you don't mind me asking, how many total plays has it seen in that time and what issues or fixes have you had to make, if any? It was sounding like early Spring for the next run so you might not have to wait much longer.

#8376 3 years ago

Purchased the Hooked Disco ball from a pinsider. Looking for the install directions. Can someone share or point me to them. Thanks.

#8377 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Anyone ever try the colored pinballs in any of your games?
In my Avatar, I used a green and a blue one.
WOW were they fast !!!
and hard to see which added a fun extra challenge too.
but they did wind up in places that a reg pinball wouldn't
because they are so light (Think powerball from TZ),
so I had to stop using them, but it was fun for a while.
Has anyone tried any in Deadpool?
I was thinking of red and yellow.
(I don't think there's a really good red, it's more like pink)

Bump

#8378 3 years ago

I have a white powerball in a few of mine (TNA, WW, H20 and T2). I didn't put one in Deadpool. They are noticeably faster, especially on long ramps.

#8379 3 years ago

#8380 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Purchased the Hooked Disco ball from a pinsider. Looking for the install directions. Can someone share or point me to them. Thanks.

Hooked it up, not a fan of it running all the time. I wired it into my Lermods disco ball.

#8381 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I have a white powerball in a few of mine (TNA, WW, H20 and T2). I didn't put one in Deadpool. They are noticeably faster, especially on long ramps.

Wow an actual powerball?
these newer colored pinballs' action def reminds me of the powerball...

Man those suckers used to be $40ea,
Is anyone still making them?

#8382 3 years ago

How often should I expect a ball coming out of little Deadpool when the drop targets lower to go straight down the middle?

#8383 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Wow an actual powerball?
these newer colored pinballs' action def reminds me of the powerball...
Man those suckers used to be $40ea,
Is anyone still making them?

Pinball Life has them for $25.

#8384 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

How often should I expect a ball coming out of little Deadpool when the drop targets lower to go straight down the middle?

You may need to do some leveling. Mine doesn’t go straight down the middle but it’s close...you definitely have to be ready to catch with your flipper sometimes or give a nudge as the ball is coming down. It’s certainly not a “gimme” ball, they still want you to work for it.

#8385 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

You may need to do some leveling. Mine doesn’t go straight down the middle but it’s close...you definitely have to be ready to catch with your flipper sometimes or give a nudge as the ball is coming down. It’s certainly not a “gimme” ball, they still want you to work for it.

Thanks. I would say mine goes SDTM maybe 4 out of 10 times. I’ll bust out the level to make sure

#8386 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks. I would say mine goes SDTM maybe 4 out of 10 times. I’ll bust out the level to make sure

Mine is well leveled but still has that problem. I set up a 2 second ball save from when that ball is released. Not everyone who plays my game is capable of nudging to save the ball and SDTM at that time is not fun. They have that ball save setting in the menu, so I assume Stern thought it might be a problem.

#8387 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

Mine is well leveled but still has that problem. I set up a 2 second ball save from when that ball is released. Not everyone who plays my game is capable of nudging to save the ball and SDTM at that time is not fun. They have that ball save setting in the menu, so I assume Stern thought it might be a problem.

Thanks! I will check the settings for it

#8388 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

Is your playfield very slightly concave left to right? You can check it with a straightedge left to right.

#8389 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is your playfield very slightly concave left to right? You can check it with a straightedge left to right.

I used a straight edge with a flashlight behind it and couldn't detect a dip. I had fewer SDTMs than Mattyk (perhaps 1 in 5), but enough to be annoying. The very brief ball save feature has been nice for that 20%.

#8390 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

I used a straight edge with a flashlight behind it and couldn't detect a dip. I had fewer SDTMs than mattyk (perhaps 1 in 5), but enough to be annoying. The very brief ball save feature has been nice for that 20%.

Then you might just be like a quarter or half turn of the leg screw off of true level (true level being the level that deadpool needs to play right). I'd mess with that. Very small adjustments, though. I never had Li'l Deadpool release SDTM on the pro, but it was dead-level with no concave or convex action left to right on the playfield.

#8391 3 years ago

Joined the club today. Wife said no more until our new house is ready. I said “can I get a BOOM”. Had to put it in the apt because I was getting the pinball itch. Awesome game.

0ADFF7BB-E927-400E-9D96-42D6C9B294F3 (resized).jpeg0ADFF7BB-E927-400E-9D96-42D6C9B294F3 (resized).jpeg
#8392 3 years ago

Thanks, I'll fiddle with it and see if I can improve things. Looking forward to receiving my Pin Monk light color bracket kit!

#8393 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

Thanks, I'll fiddle with it and see if I can improve things. Looking forward to receiving my Pin Monk light color bracket kit!

I didn’t see the adjustment to add ball save time specific to the lil Deadpool targets. I saw one ball save adjustment that was set at 8 seconds but I figured that was the standard ball save allotment. Maybe it’s called something different than I was expecting. If you remember, if you could please let me know where I can find this setting that would be most appreciated.

Maybe I’ll try a thinner rubber post sleeve

#8394 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I didn’t see the adjustment to add ball save time specific to the lil Deadpool targets. I saw one ball save adjustment that was set at 8 seconds but I figured that was the standard ball save allotment. Maybe it’s called something different than I was expecting. If you remember, if you could please let me know where I can find this setting that would be most appreciated.

I get occasional SDTM on Lil DP releases and have tried changing the ball save timer, but it doesn't seem to function in every scenario... specifically when you relock a ball in Lil DP in the second part of multiball where you are going for the spinners. Usually if I drain during that time, the released ball almost always goes SDTM and there is no save timer.

#8395 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I believe it's feature adjustment #38 Ball Save Timer: LDP Recent Lock. I actually have it at 3 seconds in case the drained ball rattles around a bit before settling on the switch. Helps at LDP Frenzy.

#8396 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

I believe it's feature adjustment #38 Ball Save Timer: LDP Recent Lock. I actually have it at 3 seconds in case the drained ball rattles around a bit before settling on the switch. Helps at LDP Frenzy.

Thank you!

#8397 3 years ago

Hey guys just having some rejects on the loop ramp (above shooter lane). I think the ball is hitting something on the way round either slowing it down too much to go up the ramp but sometimes the ball whizzes around really quick and the ramp doesn’t come down quick enough? Is my issue potentially a switch issues to signal the ramp to come down quick enough?

#8398 3 years ago

Question where can I buy those blue rubber protector pieces that are on different ramps
in the game? I have one thats missing.

#8399 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question where can I buy those blue rubber protector pieces that are on different ramps

This?

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-square-blue-rubber-pad-with-adhesive-backing.html

#8400 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

You mean you don't have one that's missing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Buffalo, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 16,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 323.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.