(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 326.
#13551 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

my pro was delivered today...shooter rod seems weak (guessing it's misaligned), and the glare is rough, otherwise, a great game
[quoted image]

There is a setting that automatically reduces the backbox lighting when a game starts. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but it did for me.

#13552 1 year ago

Just joined the club.. I waxed the playfield, modded the machine with mods from this lovely site, and I still yet to play 1 game.. LOL I'm so excited for tomorrow when I level the machine and play.

To be fair, I wasn't planning on not playing but I realized that the Premium comes with the inserts of characters not installed.. I installed those, then noticed a few quality issues, installed ninja stars, Ninja Handle, Chimichanga truck, Hell house, The 3D printed bullets by the top left and right ramps, Start button, Coin Slots, I just kept going.. Hoping it actually works when i turn it on LOL. Modding is really fun actually.

#13553 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

There is a setting that automatically reduces the backbox lighting when a game starts. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but it did for me.

ya, i had to set GZ similarly..this feels a bit different, but i'll be adjusting it either way

#13554 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

... but I realized that the Premium comes with the inserts of characters not installed.

They aren't installed because the premium has the figurines instead. Did you install the cutouts as well or did you not get the figurines?

#13555 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can someone please tell me where this part is from? I found it in the loop (under the left ramp)?
One screw and an metal piece in an “L” shape.
Much appreciate any help! The machine only has 100 plays!!!
[quoted image]
Edit: I’m pretty sure it’s part of the Deadpool in the hammock plastic over the left ramp because that whole plastic that stops the ball from flying off is loose now.

Your in Luck, I was installing the Ramp and Diverter Mod last night and this same piece fell out from it because one of the supports when I unscrewed it, I inadvertently unscrew the bottom screw holding it up.

This piece goes underneath the ramp of the Left Kitana RAMP pictured below. You will have to take the Ramp off to put it back on and find the screw that fell from it. The good news is that it's it's only 3 Hex Nuts to take it off from underneath the playfield. You will also have to take one Hex bolt from the Ball Ramp to the Kitana sword to take this pieced out and also disconnect the 2 wires electrical quick connect clips shown below so you can fully pull it out.

P.S. I found my screw underneath a little opening to the back of the PIN. It was hidden in there and luckily with some angle tweezers I got it out.

Here are some pictures to help you figure it out, let me know if you need more help.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

#13556 1 year ago
Quoted from theun4gven:

They aren't installed because the premium has the figurines instead. Did you install the cutouts as well or did you not get the figurines?

I see only Wolverine and the the Disco lady on the left as a figurine. I had to install the Deadpool plastic on a Hammock on the left ramp, Collossus plastic in the back center and some lady by the Kitana blade on the right. I think this is normal correct?

#13557 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I see only Wolverine and the the Disco lady on the left as a figurine. I had to install the Deadpool plastic on a Hammock on the left ramp, Collossus plastic in the back center and some lady by the Kitana blade on the right. I think this is normal correct?

I didn't bother installing any of the plastics in mine, but the right way to set it up is "how you feel like doing it."

That being said - you should make sure the hammock plastic isn't blocking the spot that's attached to the Dazzler figure from shining on the disco ball.

#13558 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I think Gomez has said that they chose to leave the hammock plastic in the coin box because they felt like it blocked some of the disco ball... I opted to attach it on my premium as well since I don't think it noticeably blocks the disco ball, and I also think it's a fun "almost interactive" decoration. I did leave the "Pro" team-up characters (plastics) in the coin box.

I think the reason the character plastics (Colossus, Domino, etc) are in the coin box on the premium is just so they aren't mixing figures and plastics on the playfield. It's cool that they included them with the premium though!

#13559 1 year ago

Just unboxed yesterday
Now i know what all the fuss is all about
Best game in collection !

#13560 1 year ago

Alright, I joined the club and opened it up today and have three observations:
1) HOLY CRAP THERE'S EXPOSED SCREW HEADS IN THE PLAYFIELD! I mean, I guess they're supposed to be there, and they're recessed, right above the apron. But I haven't seen a modern Stern (my last being TMNT) have this. Is this common now?
2) It's the first NIB Stern I've seen that needed nothing upon opening. Kudos Stern! Or, what good luck!
3) The flippers are angled down a bit. I know I've played some games that I always see them like this, and I figure maybe (just maybe) they put them like this from the factory for a reason on some pins. But as of this moment I hate it. Is this just my pin, or are others arriving like this? And, is there some mystery benefit in Deadpool to have them like this?

Edit - oh yeah, re: #2: Blown sub. Forgot about that. Rattles horrible. But other than that...

#13561 1 year ago

Easier to hit the standups. Orbits are good that way too.

#13562 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright, I joined the club and opened it up today and have three observations:
1) HOLY CRAP THERE'S EXPOSED SCREW HEADS IN THE PLAYFIELD! I mean, I guess they're supposed to be there, and they're recessed, right above the apron. But I haven't seen a modern Stern (my last being TMNT) have this. Is this common now?
2) It's the first NIB Stern I've seen that needed nothing upon opening. Kudos Stern! Or, what good luck!
3) The flippers are angled down a bit. I know I've played some games that I always see them like this, and I figure maybe (just maybe) they put them like this from the factory for a reason on some pins. But as of this moment I hate it. Is this just my pin, or are others arriving like this? And, is there some mystery benefit in Deadpool to have them like this?
Edit - oh yeah, re: #2: Blown sub. Forgot about that. Rattles horrible. But other than that...

Also... It's been common with the cab sub sounding like it's blown actually being the mesh screen that's there. Try removing that mesh first and see if that removes that blown sub effect.

#13563 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Also... It's been common with the cab sub sounding like it's blown actually being the mesh screen that's there. Try removing that mesh first and see if that removes that blown sub effect.

Very true, the mesh rattled on mine. I stuffed a few thin strip of Sorbothane between the mesh and the cab (from the outside) and the rattling went away.

#13564 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I adjusted my flippers up a few degrees, so the tops are even with the ball guides. I know it goes against Gomez’s design but it makes ball control easier and increased my enjoyment of the game tenfold.

I look forward to your downvotes.

#13565 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:Also... It's been common with the cab sub sounding like it's blown actually being the mesh screen that's there. Try removing that mesh first and see if that removes that blown sub effect.

Thanks for the heads up. When I gently put my hand on the cone the rattling stopped, so I'm pretty sure it's the woofer. My TMNT had a glass rattle that sounded like the woofer rattling, so I know it can be hard to pinpoint sometimes.

Quoted from TopMoose:

I adjusted my flippers up a few degrees, so the tops are even with the ball guides. I know it goes against Gomez’s design but it makes ball control easier and increased my enjoyment of the game tenfold.
I look forward to your downvotes.

Dude, if you like them pointing practically straight up or perfectly horizontal, more power to you. It's your pin. Someone downvoting your preference would be dumb (but not entirely unexpected).

#13566 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

J85M mentioned that a mod might be coming? I'm hanging out for this and hopefully it works for a Pro.

Finally got round to making up a new disco ball, fiddley little things glueing on those mirrored squares so they are straight!

Can see why Stern decided to just throw some of them in a bin of mirrored pieces and see what sticks

Will post something shortly, as I am looking at making this mod a disco ball and lighting upgrade but with something else additional too. But first sorting out all orders for Deadpool apron plastics as they where a little more popular than I imagined so working through pms for those in batches of 5 currently.

#13567 1 year ago

Check your sub just to be certain the cone is intact. Mine arrived crushed and ripped on one side, and I didn’t notice until I removed it to install the PinWoofer sub.

#13568 1 year ago

I immediately ripped out those trash paper speakers Stern uses and upgraded to Flipper Fidelity. Must have “mod” for any pin honestly.

#13569 1 year ago

Alright, my Katana lock isn't working properly. The pin that goes up into the katana to lock the ball seems to not be going up far enough (see pic). If a ball whips through there it just jumps the post. The pin seems to be triggering properly, going down and popping back up in the test if you gently roll a ball into it. The coil and spring seems to be fine underneath. Is the pin somehow too short? Did the tip break off? Is there some other reason it's not extending all the way into the katana, if that is indeed the problem? It didn't work the first few balls, then the last 40 games it worked perfect, then it's missing many locks now.

IMG20220717203424 (resized).jpgIMG20220717203424 (resized).jpgIMG20220717204804 (resized).jpgIMG20220717204804 (resized).jpg
#13570 1 year ago

Just imagine that somewhere, some poor soul has the job of gluing those mirror bits on a ball to make the disco ball.

Rob

#13571 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright, my Katana lock isn't working properly. The pin that goes up into the katana to lock the ball seems to not be going up far enough (see pic). If a ball whips through there it just jumps the post. The pin seems to be triggering properly, going down and popping back up in the test if you gently roll a ball into it. The coil and spring seems to be fine underneath. Is the pin somehow too short? Did the tip break off? Is there some other reason it's not extending all the way into the katana, if that is indeed the problem? It didn't work the first few balls, then the last 40 games it worked perfect, then it's missing many locks now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Similar thing happened to me on my TMNT. Most likely the plastic post is sitting or just touching the playfield causing it to stick. Just unscrew (a couple of 1/4 rotations of the screws holding it in place, circle in red) the whole part under the playfield, shift it slightly so the plastic post is centered to the playfield hole and not touching the playfield sides at all and then tighten. Should do the trick.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13572 1 year ago

Hey all, I just got back home from the Southern Fried Gaming Expo and set up my Deadpool Premium. It powers on and plays nice, but when I opened the coin door to adjust the volume I get:

48v disabled close coin door or pull interlock switch to restore power

I have scoured the internet and forums and all I get are people complaining about removal of interlock switches back in 2016....WTH do I have to do in order to adjust the volume? Or access the menu? Am I missing something simple? I am frustrated that for 9k you can't simply adjust the volume without help. Where is the interlock switch I need to pull?

#13573 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Hey all, I just got back home from the Southern Fried Gaming Expo and set up my Deadpool Premium. It powers on and plays nice, but when I opened the coin door to adjust the volume I get:
I have scoured the internet and forums and all I get are people complaining about removal of interlock switches back in 2016....WTH do I have to do in order to adjust the volume? Or access the menu? Am I missing something simple? I am frustrated that for 9k you can't simply adjust the volume without help. Where is the interlock switch I need to pull?

Use the buttons on the inside of the coin door

872AC0A5-5243-45D1-9451-90D88FF207A7 (resized).jpeg872AC0A5-5243-45D1-9451-90D88FF207A7 (resized).jpeg

#13574 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

You should be able to get into the menus just fine with the 48v message. That interlock switch is there to kill that voltage at the coils so you don't get shocked. There have been a few reports of late run games with problems on their service menu switches. If they aren't working at all, try reseating connectors. If that doesn't work, get in touch with your dealer to get the parts sourced.

Also, I played your game, it played pretty great!

#13575 1 year ago

Got a temporary topper while i decide what i want to do permanently for my DP pro

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13576 1 year ago

I felt under the left ramp and sure enough this bracket was dangling from the last thread on the screw. New machine about 50 plays. Tightened it and the screws on the hammock plastics which were also loose. Thank you guys on the forum for saving me some frustration if it had fallen off!

Quoted from newovad:

Left Ramp.[quoted image][quoted image]

#13577 1 year ago

I felt under the left ramp and sure enough this bracket was dangling from the last thread on the screw. New machine about 50 plays. Tightened it and the screws on the hammock plastics which were also loose. Thank you guys on the forum for saving me some frustration if it had fallen off!

Ty newovad

Quoted from newovad:Left Ramp.[quoted image][quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13578 1 year ago

Joined the club last week(premium) and got it will setup over the weekend! Great game! I got all the stern mods and put in the better speakers.

What are the must have changes, mods for this game? Main thing I want to do is make the handle of the katana nicer looks like some people wrapped it with something?

#13579 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Joined the club last week(premium) and got it will setup over the weekend! Great game! I got all the stern mods and put in the better speakers.
What are the must have changes, mods for this game? Main thing I want to do is make the handle of the katana nicer looks like some people wrapped it with something?

there's a few katana handle mods in the pinside shops, i'd recommend starting there for modding that. i assume by "all the stern mods", you have a shaker motor? if not, that's pretty high on the list, as well

#13580 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

there's a few katana handle mods in the pinside shops, i'd recommend starting there for modding that. i assume by "all the stern mods", you have a shaker motor? if not, that's pretty high on the list, as well

Yep, I got shaker, art blades, shooter, starts, rails , topper LOL

#13581 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Use the buttons on the inside of the coin door
[quoted image]

Thank you for the reply. The buttons are there but nothing happens when I press them...any of them. I am going to try and reseat connectors.

#13582 1 year ago

Any tips on disconnecting this piece? Is this the right piece to disconnect and reconnect to get the menu buttons working? It seems impossible. I don't have child size fingers! WTF!

20220718_101906 (resized).jpg20220718_101906 (resized).jpg
#13583 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Any tips on disconnecting this piece? Is this the right piece to disconnect and reconnect to get the menu buttons working? It seems impossible. I don't have child size fingers! WTF!
[quoted image]

Okay, so apparently this is the 7th issue the dealer has been made aware of this MONTH!! He said to jiggle it and hold the buttons down....and that worked...kind of....I am now emailing Stern for a replacement part. Starting off with a bad taste in my mouth, Stern!!!!!

#13584 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Similar thing happened to me on my TMNT. Most likely the plastic post is sitting or just touching the playfield causing it to stick. Just unscrew (a couple of 1/4 rotations of the screws holding it in place, circle in red) the whole part under the playfield, shift it slightly so the plastic post is centered to the playfield hole and not touching the playfield sides at all and then tighten. Should do the trick.
[quoted image]

I appreciate the info but I don't think you understand my problem, or I don't understand your solution. The pin moves freely up and down, and when the pin is fully up the balls often just roll right over it. I'll hit the ball with the flipper, and while it's enroute to the katana I'll look inside and see the pin is up. Then the ball just hits it, bumps over it, and keeps rolling.

#13585 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I appreciate the info but I don't think you understand my problem, or I don't understand your solution. The pin moves freely up and down, and when the pin is fully up the balls often just roll right over it. I'll hit the ball with the flipper, and while it's enroute to the katana I'll look inside and see the pin is up. Then the ball just hits it, bumps over it, and keeps rolling.

Check out this post as it sounds like they had a similar issue with the katana lock. Could be a missing washer in the assembly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/218#post-6563290

#13586 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Check out this post as it sounds like they had a similar issue with the katana lock. Could be a missing washer in the assembly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/218#post-6563290

Yeah, I saw that post but that's not it. If you look at my pic of the coil, you'll see it looks fine (as far as I can tell).

#13587 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Based on that pic you have below the playfield, I wonder if the post that was put in is the wrong one. That post should be about half way into the katana handle when raised. Here is a link to that part...https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7350-00 The entire length should be ~5.5". It will require some disassembly, but maybe compare that length to what is in your machine?

It is possible that the top may be clipped off a bit. Kind-of hard to tell, but mine does seem to be a bit more tapered at the top and not as flat.

#13588 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Based on that pic you have below the playfield, I wonder if the post that was put in is the wrong one.

Well, you and Mr_H got me onto what appears to be the solution. I pulled the coil and post out and it appears to be the correct length at 5.5". But inside the katana it -was- slightly off center (see my katana pic). When I reassembled it I made sure was dead center, and so far it -appears- to have fixed the problem. We'll see!

#13589 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I immediately ripped out those trash paper speakers Stern uses and upgraded to Flipper Fidelity. Must have “mod” for any pin honestly.

do you have a link to what you ordered?

#13590 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well, you and Mr_H got me onto what appears to be the solution. I pulled the coil and post out and it appears to be the correct length at 5.5". But inside the katana it -was- slightly off center (see my katana pic). When I reassembled it I made sure was dead center, and so far it -appears- to have fixed the problem. We'll see!

Mine was the exact same. I just loosened the entire coil bracket and shifted it, and the up post moves far more free now. Mine would sometimes get caught by friction on the hole through the PF and never return fully upright (though like you mentioned, it seemed to be fine and sometimes a ball would roll over it, or 2 balls would come out at once at the beginning of Ninja MB as it got stuck upon moving). I will say though that the post still only extends like 40% of a total pinball's height. Thankfully no more skip overs though.

Oh, and to your other flipper angle question, we often call these "drooped flippers". Same can be found on other games, often Gomez and Trudeau (DP, BM66, Mustang, GB... plus the stupid flipper gap to boot, and TWD though a Borg). Designer choice. Makes forehand shots more powerful, but makes backhands less available and I think a bit weaker as well. But it does make hitting the Hell House scoop very easy from the left flipper on my machine as it never rejects.

#13591 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Sweet, sounds like what I mentioned might have been it? On TMNT there is a post up the back, which stops the ball. The posts don't have much strength or the coil doesn't not sure. But it seemed like the smallest part of friction or touching the edge of the playfield would stop it from going all the way up or down. In my case it wouldn't go down.

#13592 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Sweet, sounds like what I mentioned might have been it? On TMNT there is a post up the back, which stops the ball. The posts don't have much strength or the coil doesn't not sure. But it seemed like the smallest part of friction or touching the edge of the playfield would stop it from going all the way up or down. In my case it wouldn't go down.

No, it was going up and down fine and unrestricted. If you look at the pic, you'll see there was space all around the post. I think it was just slightly off center, which gave the ball a tiny bit of extra room to jump over the fully extended post. But your comment did cause me to look at it even closer, so thanks.

#13593 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hav had this problem since delivery a year ago, thanks for the help fixing my game !

#13594 1 year ago

Hey, has anyone had this issue with their VUK's miniature switch? It seems to have just completely broken during a fairly aggressive mech suit multiball and I'm assuming I'll need a new one. Also, this happened within the first two months of ownership so it should be covered under some sort of Distributor or Manufacturers warranty right?

sub-minature VUK switch (resized).jpgsub-minature VUK switch (resized).jpgsub-minature VUK wire (resized).jpgsub-minature VUK wire (resized).jpg
#13595 1 year ago

They break all the time. Replaced mine 3 times all ready. get use to it. order your self like 3 in case of emergencies. Made in china i think!

#13596 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Hey, has anyone had this issue with their VUK's miniature switch? It seems to have just completely broken during a fairly aggressive mech suit multiball and I'm assuming I'll need a new one. Also, this happened within the first two months of ownership so it should be covered under some sort of Distributor or Manufacturers warranty right?
[quoted image][quoted image]

No, but that has happened to me on other games. Talk to your distributor as you said. It should be covered, but, if not, they aren't too expensive. You'll need to put your soldering skills to use, though. Ahh...the joy of pinball ownership.

#13597 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

No, but that has happened to me on other games. Talk to your distributor as you said. It should be covered, but, if not, they aren't too expensive. You'll need to put your soldering skills to use, though. Ahh...the joy of pinball ownership.

Well, I always wanted to learn how to solder. I guess the time is now.

#13598 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Well, I always wanted to learn how to solder. I guess the time is now.

Nothing to it really couple YouTube videos and some trial and error you’ll be back in business.

#13599 1 year ago

If you are going to solder, couldn't you just solder the tab back on the switch?

#13600 1 year ago

My DP PRO is on the path to 50k on location.
Stern should give awards for plays on location milestones?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/272 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.